15 years helping Irish businesses

About Calendly

Calendly helps individuals, teams, and organizations globally automate the meeting lifecycle by removing the scheduling back and forth.

Learn more about Calendly

Pros:

Calendly comes with plenty of options to customize an online calendar portal and syncs with our local calendars. Also good customer service Fast & knowledgeable.

Cons:

This makes it confusing for both myself and the person trying to schedule the meeting.

Calendly ratings

4.7
4.4
4.5
4.5

8.8/10

Calendly has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 3,480 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Calendly before?

Filter reviews (3,480)

Ziva
Ziva
Sales Services Manager in Portugal
Retail, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Calendly is an intuitive tool helps schedule accurately.

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Calendly allows me to make schedule meetings smoothly with clients to discuss sales deals. It makes meetings booking so easy and fast and also it send reminders that help me to never miss a scheduled meeting with a client.

Pros:

Calendly help automate scheduling which makes it possible to have very accurate schedules. It is easy to use and has an intuitive user interface that makes it easy to navigate through. It syncs in real time with calendar which makes it easy to find time when am not occupied. It has very well timed schedule reminders that keeps me alert on a scheduled meeting with a client.

Cons:

Am very much impressed by all things about Calendly to this point. I have no dislikes about it.

3 weeks ago

Hey there and thanks for your review!👋️ We're glad to hear that Calendly's features are helping you manage your time better and integrate with other systems. Thank you for sharing your positive experience!

Priscilla
Business Development Officer in Philippines
Writing & Editing, 11–50 Employees

Ease of use

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: I will recommend this. Even if you are not a technological inclined person, you'll be able to navigate it.

Pros:

Easy to navigate. Very straightforward software/app.

Cons:

Very rare, the settings change on its own.

3 weeks ago

Hey there and thanks for your review!👋️ We're happy to hear that Calendly's streamlining scheduling and helping you manage your time more effectively. Thanks for using Calendly!

Sarah
Founder in US
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Missing key features, sneaky billing for empty seats

Comments: Awful. Lots of lost time and money. Now we need to start over with implementation of another system (likely SavvyCal), plus pay for both for at least a month or two for overlap during the transition.

Pros:

It was our first foray into using meeting scheduler links. It was a time saver for scheduling client meetings, and it streamlined communication with clients. No more going back and forth to negotiate dates and times. It was better than Squarespace's built in Acuity forms (at least based on our experience with those in 2021), but that's not saying much.

Cons:

There are dozens of other tools out there that provide this same functionality, and Calendly makes zero effort to come out on top. Deal breakers include 1. not being able to edit availability or any other settings for one-off meetings after you click the button (can't count how many times I had to start over from scratch); 2. not relaying the chosen event title to the calendar event; 3. forcing this dumb question "please share anything that will help us prepare" for one-off events, which creates extra work for our clients and makes them think we're not listening; 4. inability to set turnaround for one-off events (so client can book it 20 minutes before the start time); among other flaws. For as much time as it seemed like it was saving us in the beginning, I feel like we now waste at least as much wrestling with these flaws and remaking links. But the final straw for us was that they bill for empty seats. For months, I've been deleting teammates who aren't using it, so we can save money. We pay month to month instead of annually, because we know we're going to switch to another platform. What's the point of paying monthly if you're billed anyway for seats you're not using? There was no warning, no message anywhere to prompt me to delete the empty seat in addition to deleting the user. There was no friendly automated email to say, "Hey you have empty seats - add someone to your team!" I get these kinds of emails from other platforms (platforms where we pay annually and therefore it actually makes sense that we'd end up with empty seats). Calendly knows exactly what they're doing. And "customer service" (lol) is not helpful.

Stone
Stone
Leadership Coach in US
Professional Training & Coaching, Self Employed

Calendly Is the Personal Assistant I Need.

Comments: Calendly is my favorite app in my tech stack. I love the high level of easy to implement customization in appointment types, availability calendars etc. In addition to inbound appointment setting, I have used the meeting polls feature to schedule group sessions and it simplifies everything creating an efficient and speedy process. I highly recommend Calendly.

Pros:

Calendly is very clear and easy to use and customize. In the time I have been using it, they have improved clarity and increased the level of customization possible. I never get frustrated with Calendly because the way to accomplish what I want is either right in front of me or easily explained in the very accessible resources.

Cons:

I would love to be able to add my brand colors and fonts to my scheduling interfaces. I am able to customize most messaging and add my logo to the pages but being able to carry the color scheme across would be *chef's kiss*

3 weeks ago

Hi Stone, we're glad to hear that Calendly's features are helping you manage your time better and integrate with other systems. Thank you for sharing your positive experience!

Altaf
Owner in India
Design, 2–10 Employees

Best Appointment Scheduling Platform

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

When I was looking for an alternative to Google Calendar, I found this platform and I loved it. It allow you to customize the bookings page, gives you option add a message on bookings page. And most importantly, you can integrate Zoom and Google Meet with it. It also syncs with your Google Calendar. It saved me a lot of time managing my appointments.

Cons:

The setup took me quite a while but I was able to do it by myself.

Shannon
Owner Artist in US
Arts & Crafts, Self Employed

Calendly Easy to use

4.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Overall I definitely recommend this over other calendar application

Pros:

That it sycns with my laptop from my phone, easy to use self explanatory

Cons:

That at first it was not easy to sycns all my devices.

3 weeks ago

Hi Shannon, we're glad to hear that Calendly's features are helping you manage your time better and integrate with other systems. Thank you for sharing your positive experience!

Kimberly
Guidance Counselor in US
E-Learning, 501–1,000 Employees

Calendly is a lifesaver!

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

I love Calendly because it easily syncs to my work calendar and I can easily keep track of what appointments people have booked on my calendar and block out enough time between appointments automatically as well. I wouldn't have it any other way!

Cons:

The only thing that's confusing to me is trying to find my availability to update every once in a while since I don't always navigate it every week. I wish this was a bit simpler to find quickly.

3 weeks ago

Hey there and thanks for your review!👋️ It's great to hear that Calendly is solving scheduling problems for you by providing a scheduling link and an interface for others to easily book meetings with you. Thanks for using Calendly!

🌻 Jenny
🌻 Jenny
Product Manager in Australia
Human Resources, 201–500 Employees

Perfect for setting up calls with external

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

- Really easy to sync your calendar to Calendly so that it shows your availability - Easy to also manually put in time range you are available - Easy to set up a Calendly link and send to people that needs to book in a time with you

Cons:

Honestly not much. It's easy to use and essential if you want to allow others to book in a meeting with you. You have so much control over what the other people can and cannot do in the booking process.

India
India
Benefits Customer Service Representative in US
Hospital & Health Care, 501–1,000 Employees

Easy appointment setting

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

It’s easy to add appointments to the calendar and I like that there are reminders to let you know your appointments are coming up.

Cons:

I have no complaints I love how convenient Calendly is.

3 weeks ago

Hey India, we're glad to hear that Calendly's features are helping you manage your time better and integrate with other systems. Thank you for sharing your positive experience!

Daniel
Daniel
Virtual Assistant in Madagascar
Outsourcing/Offshoring, Self Employed

calendly review Daniel

5.0 last month New

Comments: I have a good experience with calendly and my customer

Pros:

I like the fact that you just send your Calendly link to your custmer for them to choose the time that they like in my schedule

Cons:

to be honest i don't have a negative view with this tools

Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

If you’re not already using Calendly, start.

Comments: Overall adding Calendly has been a massive help in the efficiently and seamlesssness of our team to get meetings or calls scheduled super easily. It really is such a no-brainer type platform, I can only imagine how much time people who aren’t using it waste in everyday.

Pros:

Calendly solves so many challenges, for me, my team, and even for our prospects and clients too. The back and forth of looking at calendars, sending days/times of availability, having time zones misinterpreted, the times sent have since been filled, etc etc etc are no more. This is a HUGE time and headache saver!! Not to mention, they’ve added so many incredible integrations that anytime our clients have semi customized needs around scheduling, Calendly is always the first place we check for a solution - and 9 times out of 10 it’s a perfect fit, for a fraction of the cost of custom developing something.

Cons:

It’s so hard to put a finger on anything I would improve. Ive been using Calendly for years and didn’t realize how robust some of the integrations were and have become, so maybe some additional education around those would be super beneficial to users like me who didn’t even know how much more they were missing out on.

Kim
Paralegal in US
Law Practice, 11–50 Employees

Superb calendar management and scheduling.

Comments: I was pleasantly surprised by Calendlys performance.
My job has multiple functions, one of which is scheduling for my team and our attorneys. This is often a tedious and daunting task, however Calendly has streamlined the process.
There are drawbacks such as the lack of customer service accessibility and some inconveniences in the way the software is set up.
When analyzing both the pros and cons, it's evident that the pros drastically outweigh the cons.

Pros:

If you have a complex schedule or need to manage a complex schedule for someone else, Calendly will be an exceptional asset. The ease of use is wonderful, as is the setup process. It is optimized for online scheduling however it's suited for in person scheduling as well. Rescheduling is dramatically easier with Calendly. Features a client portal, reminders, automated scheduling, team or group calenders, notifications and alerts in real time, and convenient mobile access plus payment processing via third party integrations.

Cons:

The one thing that really hinders me are the meeting location options and how they're set up. In person and phone/ video can't be included in the same meeting type. The only other con I've experienced thus far is the customer service and the lack of ease in contacting an actual customer service representative vs the incompetent chat bot.

Internet, 501–1,000 Employees

Life is too short for back and forth on sync time

Comments: I am a huge fan of this software that I have encouraged my entire team to use it daily for internal and external syncs and it is amazing for sales meetings.

Pros:

I love how easy it is to set up calendly and then just make the link public for my entire team and for external vendors etc and even pre decide the time I want to spend in each of the meetings.

Cons:

I want to add a feature for someone trying to book a longer time slot to be able to pick two three slots at once.

Meshach
Web Design Consultant in Denmark
Design, 2–10 Employees

Calendly Is A Great Business and Personal Productivity Tool

Comments: Calendly is a user-friendly scheduling tool that can make scheduling meetings and appointments with others much more efficient. It has really been a game-changer for us at LujaraLab. I get appointments at the time that are convenient for me. Our team also work as convenient because a client can only book based on our availability.

Pros:

Calendly has a simple, user-friendly interface that makes it easy for people to schedule meetings with you.Calendly eliminates the need for back-and-forth emails and messages to schedule our meetings at LujaraLab. It automates the scheduling process, saves us time and reduces the chance of scheduling conflicts.The other fantastic thing for us is the advanced analytics and reporting that allows us to track our meeting scheduling activity and make data-driven decisions.We are also able to embed Calendly on our website and sales funnels.

Cons:

Calendly does not have the capability to handle recurring events with different schedules for different weeks.There are lots of limitations that come with the free plan, such as a Limited number of integrations, Limited customization options, and Limited analytics and reporting options

Nonprofit Organisation Management, 51–200 Employees

Amazing!

Comments: Overally, I love Calendly and would recommend it to anyone. The best part about Calendly is the ability to integrate, the fact that it's user-friendly, and the ability to automate everything. It's easy to manage and easy to customize. The only downside is that it is reasonably priced for one person, but it gets very expensive once you start adding additional users.

Pros:

I honestly love Calendly! I used a lot of different calendar services, and none of them compare to Calendly. It's easy to set up, easy to integrate, easy to manage, etc. It's easy to embed into your website. It's easy to manage as a CRM for appointments. It's easy to set up the form and required questions. The workflow is my favorite! You're able to send automated emails and texts whenever someone schedules an appointment. It's great to integrate into whatever CRM you're already using (Google, Microsoft, etc.). It's easy to link to your virtual meeting provider and send the client the proper link (Zoom, etc.). I love that Calendly links to your calendar and adjusts availability based on your actual availability. For instance, if you have a doctor's appointment, it will automatically block off that time, and no one can set an appointment for that time. You have to set that part up, but it's wonderful to have. It's great that you can set an attendance limit and once it reaches that threshold - it will no longer include it as an availability. You can have different services to choose from and different time slots. Overall, really love Calendly.

Cons:

There is a small learning curve to setting up Calendly if you're not familiar with calendar services. But it was still easy to use. It could be just slightly cheaper, but it saves so much time that it's worth paying for. It definitely gets more expensive the more people are on your team, but if it's only one person managing it, then it's very reasonably priced.

Edward
Inventory Manager in Bangladesh
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51–200 Employees

Optimizing Business Schedules with Calendly: Insights from a Manager

Comments: Generally our involvement in Calendly was Positive. Our principal obstacle at first was dealing with different schedules across different undertakings. Nonetheless, coordinating these into a solitary, effectively shareable schedule through Calendly improved protection while keeping up with openness. It solidified our timetables, saving us the need to allow broad admittance to clients, and improved on our work process. The coordination with existing devices like Google Schedule was consistent. When associated, sharing across groups became easy, adding to a smoother change. Defeating the underlying anxiety of permitting direct reserving through Calendly worked on our efficiency.

Pros:

Calendly changed our booking disarray into consistent productivity. Its easy-to-understand arrangement, particularly during the free preliminary, quickly explained its convenience. Sharing booking joins across messages, site, and interchanges became easy, making gatherings a breeze for clients and partners.

Cons:

While without a cutoff booking highlight for every particular client email or past appointments block, it doesn't offer arrangement following in light of set numbers per client email, making it marginally prohibitive. In any case, its easy to use interface, despite the fact that having a slight expectation to learn and adapt for those new to schedule administrations, stays simple to explore.

Karan
Business Development Representative in India
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Cannot imagine my work routine without Calendly!

Comments: One of the very few platforms that can be considered life-changing! Hope more and more professionals use Calendly to make scheduling meetings a cakewalk.

Pros:

Minimizes the hassle of setting up a conversation and has saved me a lot of time & mental bandwidth!Simple UI/UX, been using the tool for 4+ years now.Customizable workflows are a great value add.

Cons:

The pricing plans are not enticing enough to upgrade. Limited analytics offered (click-through rates, meeting frequency, day-to-day time spent, etc. can be shared with the user)

Charles
Mental Performance Consultant in Canada
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Calendly is a MUST

Comments: It's been an amazing tool to use and extremely crucial for my organization. My experience has been nothing but fantastic and it is the main product that I talked with young entrepreneurs that want to get started.

Pros:

I love how easy it is to use and set my Calendly. I've used the free plan for a little bit but it didn't take long until I made the change for the actual plan. Every single one of my services starts with Calendly. I use it daily to manage my schedule and book online clients. It has been a blessing thus far!

Cons:

Sometimes, there are schedule bugs with my google calendar. For instance, it says that I am full or unavailable but I actually am so sometimes I can loose some time discussing with clients about my schedule when Calendly is suppose to take care of that!

Lawrent
Lawrent
owner in US
Education Management, 2–10 Employees

I'm in control of my appointment with Calendly

Comments: It allows me to keep in control of my appointment and saved us a lot of time.

Pros:

I like how Calendly integrates to icloud. Its simple interface and easy-to-create events features makes it a must-have app for all your appointments (also great for paid consultation/lessons as you can collect money from the app (paid version only)). It is easy to create an event type (one-on-one or group), and there lots of options available : event duration date range, even time zone. I like how easy it is to apply an appointment to dates / intervals / specific recurring days and how you can implement buffers (before and after events) You can ask invitees questions before the appointment, which is nice to have, since it allows you to save time once your client is online. I immensely appreciate how Calendly offers all types of notification options (email reminders, follow-up and text reminders.) When creating an event, you can choose what type of location you want (in-person, phone call, google meet, zoom.) You don't have to get in touch with your invitee to tell them how you want to meet them. You can add Calendly to your website (even the free version) through a small widget, which makes it easy for your clients to get in touch.

Cons:

Most integrations are only available on paid plans, and the free version is very limited but the company also needs to make money, so that's very understandable.

Hlengiwe
Hlengiwe
Business Analyst in United Arab Emirates
Facilities Services, 2–10 Employees

Best Scheduling Tool

Comments: An important aspect of my job as a Business Analyst is discussing and participating in my organization's business. Calendly is a great tool for streamlining my daily schedule without having to make multiple phone calls to schedule tedious and time-consuming meetings with stakeholders. Calendly puts my appointments into semi-automatic pilot mode. This simplifies the scheduling process and frees up valuable time to focus on more important tasks.

Pros:

I am able to connect Calendly to various software resulting in a diverse range of applications. Appointment booking with a simple email. I love the user friendly interface, it is easy to use.

Cons:

Having used Calendly for the past year, there honestly isn't anything I don't like about it. Their enhancements are super consistent and it has definitely served its purpose.

Rongen
Rongen
Digital Manager in Brunei
Professional Training & Coaching, 11–50 Employees

Calendy is highly customisable and most common booking system

Comments: Calendly is a powerful appointment booking that integrates natively into Google Calendar and other CRM platform like Hubspot.

Pros:

We like the roundrobin feature with priority labeling per assigned staff. Native integration to Google calendar and google meet. Customisable notification reminder. Buffer setup and appointment groupings.

Cons:

There's no limit booking feature per specific client email or block email that has previously been booked. There's no Appointment tracking to limit based on the number set per client email. Quite expensive to order seat per staff.

Caleb
Caleb
Director of Marketing in US
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

Powerful scheduling functions for sales team demos

Comments: If you schedule live events with clients on a regular basis, Calendly provides a clean interface to easily show others your available time slots and allow them to schedule an event. This has proved invaluable for our sales team to do live demos with prospects and not get too many scheduled at once. It also has allowed us to not schedule demos back to back without buffer time in between. That's huge!

Pros:

TheThe best thing about Calendly is the ability to set schedules for specific event types! You can set blackout dates, available times, control meeting lengths, automatically add buffer time, limit the number of events scheduled for a single day, and more. This is perfect for setting up live events or meetings on an ongoing basis, but giving yourself enough heads up and flexibility to be in control. You basically give prospective customer the freedom to choose a date and time--but ensure that it fits in your schedule, too. Use this to schedule live demos with clients, training events, or even webinars. It's a great tool, especially for small sales teams that need a controlled flow of sales calls/demos.

Cons:

Calendly is restrictive in analytics; for instance, I can't easily see how many people clicked to schedule an event, but didn't follow through. It's also difficult from a user interface standpoint. I find myself looking for settings and menus that are hidden within the slick, clean interface. On the scheduling side, it's pretty easy for clients to schedule events, but you can't customize the date picker--and that's really unfortunate, because I'd like to use it in more places but can't customize the look and feel or functionality.

Guy
Guy
Director in UK
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Simple scheduling and appointment confirmations

Comments: Since upgrading to the basic paid option, it nails appointment booking for my business, cutting out the back and forth on email/phone to try and schedule a meeting with a client/partner or podcast guest.

Pros:

Setting up multiple appointment types, integration with Google Calendar & Zoom, embedding booking page into website, confirmations of appointments, straightforward system admin and low maintenance.

Cons:

Nothing I can think of, to be honest, it does everything we need, and I can't fault it

Producer/Director in US

Fast, easy client scheduling

Comments: Almost too numerous to list. I even use it to schedule meetings with producers about projects, not just my counseling clients. Custom links, buffering and limit to events per day. Its awesome!

Pros:

Is it so easy for my occasional clients to set up video conference calls or one-on-one counseling calls, or group meetings with my company and our various producers spread between Tx and Ca. One link, and it sends the appointment to my email AND Google calendar, and has a feature that allows the client to reschedule if needed. Another huge plus is the buffering. I can allow for meetings and calls that run extra long. This is very flexible and I can change it on a daily basis. Set up is fast and easy, you can have multiple events that can be scheduled. And that's the free account. If you upgrade, you can integrate with many apps and even book paid appointments through the system (Stripe only, tho). Cloud based, so you don't have to download (yet another) android app. That's a big plus for me, as I do 95% of my work in a browser on a PC. I have yet to need to contact their customer support, so I gave then 5 stars there, as I find it easy to use. Cost to use is quite low, compared to other scheduling websites.

Cons:

One big issue I have is, I use Opera as my main browser and it dislikes Google. So to use Calendy you need to use Chrome or Firefox to set things up and access all the features. This is more of a Google issue, not Calendy. In the paid appointment extra, they only take "Stripe" - if they ever add Square then it'll be well rounded out. Payment for the level you want is on an annual basis, not month-to-month, so I consider that a negative.

Angelina
Angelina
Technical Recruiter in Canada
Computer Software, 10,000+ Employees

Streamline your scheduling with Calendly

Comments: Calendly is a very popular option for recruiters because of its easy to use and navigate interface. It integrates well with many other softwares like Salesforce, Google Calendar, Outlook Calendar and Zoom. I love the tool as it has simplified scheduling for me and also saves me a ton of time!

Pros:

Calendly saves recruiters like me a lot of time, effort and energy. I use the tool to send my applicants to book their recruiter screenings. Most applicants book their time with easy and I am also sent the confirmation of the appointment. The tool is extremely easy to use and is prompt with its notifications. It is easily customizable, for example - I add questions, reminders and also attach notes or candidate resumes to keep handy.

Cons:

While most users use the free version of the tool, many other users may need to upgrade to a paid version of the tool to have access to a wider range of features. Reporting and analytics may be tough as it does not provide an option for it. Customer support is usually delayed and may cause disruptions in daily appointments.