15 years helping Irish businesses

ConnectWise ScreenConnect Reviews

4.7 (1,904) Write a Review!

About ConnectWise ScreenConnect

Collaborate, hold training sessions, provide project updates, & speak with customers with ConnectWise Control's remote meetings.

Learn more about ConnectWise ScreenConnect

Pros:

Price is great for the level of service you get. Customer support is there for you every step of the way.

Cons:

These computers are by no means "powerhouses", but I have noticed that there is a distracting amount of lag time when I remote in to those select computers.

ConnectWise ScreenConnect ratings

4.6
4.4
4.5
4.6

9.0/10

ConnectWise ScreenConnect has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 1,904 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used ConnectWise ScreenConnect before?

Filter reviews (1,904)

Jeev
Jeev
IT Lead in Canada
Pharmaceuticals, 501–1,000 Employees

If you value your time and energy, use this software

Comments: I use this software on a daily basis to keep IT operations within my organization running like a well-oiled machine. Our pharmacies are very remote and the ease of deployment makes it a breeze to troubleshoot any machine located anywhere from anywhere.

Pros:

ConnectWise Control was incredibly easy to implement, and is very powerful. It comes with so many tools and features that are invaluable and solve complex problems very simply.

Cons:

No cons really. Any features and updates or nice-to-have's are added by their development team in subsequent updates, and they really do listen to their user base.

Jonathan
Jonathan
System Engineer in US

A lot of value for dollar with ConnectWise Control

Comments: Overall ConnectWise Control has been easy to deploy and use. Initially we were hesitant to add our servers to a remote support tool like ConnectWise Control or TeamViewer, but this tool has made remote server administration much simpler.

Pros:

ConnectWise Control has a great web view that allows us to quickly find the computer/server we're looking for. We can run standard command line and PowerShell commands through the web interface to quickly gather information or troubleshoot a user's computer without impacting the user experience. The screen share is very fast and reliable and often preferred over Remote Desktop sessions. It's also very nice to be able to switch between user sessions on the computer, like when interacting with a Remote Desktop server and needing to assist a specific user on the Remote Desktop server.

Cons:

The software doesn't fully integrate with Microsoft Endpoint Manager, the only software that does is TeamViewer.

Corey
IT Support Manager in US
Consumer Goods, 51–200 Employees

ConnectWise ScreenConnect

5.0 last month New

Comments: Overall I am very satisfied with the product. We compared it against another well known screen sharing tool and this was way less expensive for the same features.

Pros:

I have used ScreenConnect for many years and I like how easy it is to roll it out to our fleet and to jump in and out of a support session.

Cons:

Sometimes a screen sharing session can be a little laggy when connecting with Macs.

Adam
IT in Australia
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

The price is right, it has enough features that were not that easy to integrate, its reputation has

Comments: see above
you could have had the market targeting alot of users and devices all around the world with your good fair pricing but everything else is not so good as it was -- with webex, teamview, logmein, ultravnc free,
dameware, Zendesk, anydesk, realvnc just to name a few
we as IT professional cant afford to look stupid with virus threats coming up with screenconnect
and telling people all these instructions to get control your one step installer plugin never worked !!
but good pricing kind of scary that others offer like sysaid and others not offering anything for the small guys like you did --- by the way i was talked into the AUTOMATE product --- worst product ever!
i spent a bit over a half a day cleaning it off and restoring all systems. It would not do what it was suppose to do at all --- slowest connection and unusable at all it was connected but would wind up my systems on some process i had to shut them down and clean the drives of any traces of AUTOMATE -- no software has done worse and your sale and support did not believe me i showed them proof they laughed and said they have never used it professionally
thanks any more information happy to help
maybe you could be the next big thing all the ideas are there but it all fell apart and you need to do almost a 180'

Pros:

THE price compared to TEAMVIEWER AND LOG|ME in i was not a large operation so the licensing suited i loved the idea that i could make it a subdomain of my site or just have a link and it was White labelled affordable once i was remotely connected it was fine It has many integrations and partnered up with a lot of companies

Cons:

Its a pity you have not a better business relationship with antivirus companies in most occasions and it was happening more and more that it would be picked up as a virus --- not good and worrying it has many integrations and features ---- these features were hard to install and because there was many versions - most the time hard to get the right compatibility -- these integrations should be one click or a signup here and there --- i wouldnt have minded paying good money if these would at least work It was not very intiutive some tasks -- like the whole process i would go through with clients download the exe or file then double click on it --- if you miss it , it will be in your downloads then click run follow prompts then allow and no at this point i would sometimes get a prompt to update the software not good, not good at all your sales and support staff could not give a dam because i was a small 1-15 users account it was not very easy and intuitive initially to do file transfer - have you used team viewer? most respectable organisations wont allow 8041 port through there firewall it has lost its good reputation that support users at the large universities have originally given it being considered unsafe and treated as a threat - i know that i could make it an exemption in the AV software but it came up as threat after the fact as if it later was damaged as professional tool with all the quality secure easy products on the market these days | cisco webex|

Clayton

Remote Management

Pros:

I love the responsiveness and options we get when using ScreenConnect. The Backstage has come a long way and the ability to send commands to all clients at once is a huge bonus.

Cons:

Sometimes you have to restart the service after an outage before it gets you back in.

Mark A.
Mark A.
Technical Account Manager in US
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

There is no better solution

Comments: I can remote into my clients PC's for support or have unattended connections to servers for maintenance and monitoring. Saves time (not travelling to client location) allows me the freedom to work from anywhere

Pros:

-Works very well. -not resource heavy -multi platform

Cons:

-Nothing I can really think of. -This is my go to application for rmm.

Zane
Zane
Senior Integrated Production Specialist in US
Computer Hardware, 501–1,000 Employees

ConnectWise Control helps us support our global customers

Comments: ConnectWise Control has allowed us to deliver a custom-branded remote support solution.

Pros:

I really like the fact that we can own an on-premise license and not be tied to a contract. It also does not leave any client software installed.

Cons:

Purchasing additional licenses is harder than it should be, I've reached out to them several times and no one has called me back,

Graham
Manager in Canada
Government Administration, 501–1,000 Employees

ConnectWise ScreenConnect in the Country!

Comments: Neutral! Product works, does what it says it does, we find Teams is replacing it for daily usage.

Pros:

It just works! Its not fancy looking, but its got all the bells and whistles!

Cons:

Talking to sales is extremely difficult to get pricing/quotes, be prepared to chase them!

Austin
Admin in US

Screen connect review

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Overall I have been pleased with the use of screen connect. Its a great mostly reliable tool and would love to use it in the future and recommend its use.

Pros:

How easy it is to setup and deploy and also how easy it is to remote into machines and all the controls you have.

Cons:

Sometimes the connections can drop or the deployment wont work for what ever reason.

Matt
AM in US
Automotive, 201–500 Employees

ConnectWise ScreenConnect

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

It makes it easy to connect to an end user for remote support.

Cons:

It would be nicer if you didn't have to log into website to connect.

Michelle
CEO in US

Mostly Great

Comments: Overall, the software works basically like it should. There are some problems, but every software has it's issues. I would like to see some new features such as responding to online clients requests via our email so that I can respond to customers without having to lot into the system. On the same note, I would love to see that when a customer requests to open a chat, that the dialog box would include the user's AD/username and or ask the customer for a name, phone and email to start a chat so that we know specifically to whom we're talking to when a chat is started. I would recommend this software to other IT providers that do not have healthcare customers and I would recommend to ScreenConnect to have an attorney and engineer thoroughly read the aforementioned laws to properly implement and good healthcare product (HIPPA, the EMRA, ACA and Medicare).

Pros:

The software is fairly easy to use, intuitive and easy to deploy with the hosted option. The newer features to look up currently installed Software, the latest error logs and full specs with SN is used almost daily in our computer. The notes feature can glitch from time to time, but is a great way to track notes on customers when I'm doing a large batch of updates. I use it to track updates I've started so when I come back to it I know exactly where I left off which isn't necessary for our internal documentation, but is a great note pad tool right in the program. Along the same lines, we use the Notes feature to leave pertinent information for specific devices such as construction equipment computers that can not be turned off without notice and who exactly to contact with their name, numbers and email address to ensure employees have easy access to this NECESSARY information before accessing the computer remotely.

Cons:

My least favorite problem with this software is the customer service. We came across a bug over the past few months and when we called in were basically told that the problem was essentially end user error, which is ironic since we've used the software going on 5 years now and we are extremely familiar with the ins and outs of both the software and basic troubleshooting since, ya know, that's our job... Technical support was down right rude when they weren't understanding the issue and when I finally talked to a senior technical engineer for ScreenConnect, I explained the problem and was given an answer of "I could see why this would be confusing to the last agent" but they agreed with me that there was no reason for the agent to be rude or dismissive just because he couldn't understand the abstract bug. We have yet to solve the bug, but I don't necessarily blame the Senior level Engineer, the bug is just very hard to reproduce. The one other hugely important disappointment with this software is that it is not ACTUALLY HIPPA, the EMRA, ACA and Medicare compliant. We have talked with Senior Engineers and the sales team and while they boast about the software being HIPPA compliant, I asked a how exactly they comply with the basic requirements, non-negotiable terms, and when pressed, ScreenConnect doesn't actually have proper compliance. We have therefore not installed the software on any of our health care clients which wastes a lot of time.

IT Manager in Canada
Oil & Energy, 51–200 Employees

Overwhelmingly simple yet effective

Comments: Overall this is one of the best remote control software products I've ever used. Overall it's very smooth to operate, on low speed or high latency connections, it will still work, but has (obvious) delays. Despite this, it's still possible to get the work done, there are just delays that make it appear as though you aren't doing anything since you're waiting for the next screen to render. This is especially bad during UAC prompts. I have been using this product for many years now and have rarely run into issues with it. For the price point though, this is the best product on the market and scales based on your needs.

Pros:

- Ease of use - Quick setup (cloud version) - Minimal training required - Easy customization - Solid connectivity - Requires no end user training

Cons:

- Speed of connection varies greatly when using the cloud vs on-prem - Must have a decent internet connection to use efficiently - UAC prompts will cause the connection to slow down to a crawl even on good internet (not sure if a connectwise issue or a windows issue)

Warren
General Manager in UK
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

A Reliable, quick and lightweight solution.

Comments: ConnectWise Control has helped us to dial into our clients in a fast and reliable manner. It's configurations mean that we can dial into servers without prompting the machine, but to dial into a workstation, the user does need to consent to control. This is crucial.

Pros:

The speed in which we can connect to our end users with Control is it's greatest strength. It is very lightweight and a joy to use.

Cons:

The support can be a little on the slow side, if required. more often than not, the support team have to escalate and log a ticket, which takes a while t get a response.

Mohamed Salah
Project Manager in Tunisia
Management Consulting, 2–10 Employees

A Comprehensive Remote Support Tool: ConnectWise Control

Comments: Overall, ConnectWise Control is a great choice for businesses looking for a reliable and secure remote desktop support tool. The intuitive interface and customizable features make it suitable for a variety of business needs.

Pros:

ConnectWise Control is a great remote support tool that offers users a comprehensive suite of features. The platform is easy to use and the support team is always available to help with any issues. I have used it to help my customers troubleshoot their systems and to transfer files, and it worked perfectly every time. It is a reliable and secure platform that I would definitely recommend.

Cons:

ConnectWise Control can be somewhat expensive for small businesses and the setup process can be a bit tricky for those who are unfamiliar with the software. Additionally, it lacks some advanced features that may be necessary for certain businesses.

Sam
Helpdesk Engineer in UK
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Fully featured and robust for Helpdesk management

Comments: Control helps to keep our clients centrally accessible and allows fast response even over poor quality communications lines.

Pros:

Remote connection is easy to understand and use even for non-tech savvy users, Templates help to decide on what options are shown and not show which is great for customization and de-cluttering. Great 1-click redeploy for updating the control agent version

Cons:

Cloud hosted server is sluggish and slow to respond, each input feels slow and occasionally pages just never finish loading all together. Addons are non-curated and seem rarely upto date and working. API documentation for Control seems non-existent or sparse. No Android endpoint app to remote control mobile devices (This is the one feature that almost had us turn to LogMeIn's product line) even teamviewer has a host app although it connects in the reverse fashion to match the teamviewer desktop app.

Craig
Computer Repair Technician in US

Excellant Software for IT Support

Comments: I remotely help home users and business clients daily. It is fast, responsive and kind of fun to use. The toolbox and file transfer feature is awesome..

Pros:

Ease of use for both the IT provider and he client. Really easy to setup and configure. Provides a nice customized link for the customer to go to get the support software and install it. Monitoring of the clients computers is very well thought out and extremely easy to find the customer I need to connect to.

Cons:

I honestly have no Cons at this time. I've been extremely happy with the software. I switched to ConnectWise after using of the competitors software. Pricing for ConnectWise is better and the setup part for the customer to obtain the download for assistance is far better.

ADAM

Fantastic Remote Software

Comments: We migrated from TeamViewer and one of the best business decisions we have made as a young growing company. We are very happy with the product.

Pros:

What we like best about this software is the ease of use, functionality, transfer speeds, toolbox, and cost fits.

Cons:

I would just say allow the user to configure their settings to be the same each time they login a computer. Example, always activate remote printing, screen size/dual monitors or always number 1.

Elias
Centralized Services Administrator in US

Good Product, Disappointing Support

Comments: Overall, we have been happy with the product. It typically works as expected without issue. The biggest problem with the software is the subpar vendor support. The mobile app is also lacking compared to it's competitors. The app simply opens the web page interface.

Pros:

ConnectWise Control simply works as expected. There are very few issues with remote control access. The tools included with the software typically work without issue. Installation is quick and easy.

Cons:

Product support is disappointing. On the few occasions that I have needed to reach out to support, I ultimately figured out how to correct the problem myself. Fortunately, I have not needed to contact support often.

Orlando
Warehousing, 51–200 Employees

IT Manager Review of ConnectWise Control

Comments: One of the unexpected benefits of having ConnectWise Control is the ability for Managers and Office Managers to be given a subset of privileges to use the software for assisting employees remotely. There are many times they have new employees that need a little help getting familiarized with proprietary software we use in the Ag. sector. ConnectWise Control gives the new employee assurance they're not isolated on an island and the managers are not frustrated at having to drop what they're doing to drive over to a remote site to provide assistance with something that can easily be handled remotely with Control. (<--shiver, see how creepy that sounds...) This use case scenario is reason to consider a few extra licenses so your not fighting over them. We have two currently, but are considering upgrading since there are times that I can't admin since the managers are using the licenses. (Aarrghh)

Pros:

This software is one of the most important tools I have in my toolbelt for quickly resolving issues. We have a few remote VPN sites and when an endpoint is having issues, it's so much more efficient to see the issue rather than have to decipher another persons interpretation of the issue. Our sites are not very far apart - about 45 minutes from main office, but when we have an issue that hinders or stops our ability to server our customers that drive feels much longer. To reiterate, resolving issues quickly and efficiently is what I like most about ConnectWise Control. Downtime is costly.

Cons:

Probably my least favorite thing is getting the session filters tweaked just right. Once you get the hang of the syntax it's really not bad, but there is a learning curve. Having your endpoints arranged into session groups is well worth the effort. Oh, and the name needs to be shorter. It doesn't have to be ScreenConnect, but it needs to be that easy to say. Saying Control by itself sounds creepy, like Big Brother creepy. As an Admin I never say "I'm going to use Control to help you with that issue."

Anthony
CEO in US

Fantastic product - always improving

Comments: Fantastic. Overall it's features, pricing and security is unbeatable in the industry.

Pros:

We've hosted our on Control server and it is super easy to install and maintain. Using the software to provide remote support has never failed because they provide multiple methods for creating connections for all operating systems. The web interface provides basic information about the connected computer but you can download and install plugins to gather information about processes, services, events and software. The screen snapshot is large enough to see if the computer is in use and small enough so you can't read what's on the screen. Through the web interface you can customize a number of things like icons, labels and branding. Through the server config files you can customize a number of other settings. You can create temporary sessions just for one-time remote support or install the program for on-demand remote access. On-demand remote access can be organized in session groups for easier management and security Users can be created and assigned to specific session groups. Access and commands can be audited. While a session is connected a time line is kept to help troubleshoot connectivity issues.

Cons:

The price to purchase screen connect was reasonable for a small business. When it was purchased by Connectwise the price to purchase it out right was quadruple the original price. If you have 100 plus machines to support then divided across the 100 machines is still cheaper than a comparable product. But if you only use it for temporary sessions it is hard to justify. However, Control is bundled with Connectwise Automate so you get Control for nearly nothing when subscribing to Automate.

Josh
Josh
IT Administrator in US
Business Supplies & Equipment, 11–50 Employees

A great solution for a one-man-shop

Comments: It just works. It's super-ridiculously reliable. By that I mean, I've used MANY other remote support software solutions over the years, and while this one might not have the perfect clarity of an upscaled resolution, it has yet to fail me on a connection. I deploy them via MSI, occasionally update them from the admin interface, and ... thats it! It just works!

Pros:

Compatibility, deployment (MSI package), and customization (can configure the server with addons, that in turn help you configure the client much faster than other solutions I've tried). AUTOMATIC NAME UPDATING. This was HUGE for me! This was the main reason I moved away from GoToAssist. I worked with GoToAssist support multiple times, but they couldn't help me get anything in place to do this. Essentially, if a PC name changed, the GoToAssist Server kept it's name listed as the "old name" - this lead to tremendous amounts of confusion for me and made it almost impossible to know which computers needed updating and which were already the correct name, simply connecting to support a user was an issue after just a few computer moves. Deploying software to 50-some machines might not be as large a task as other companies out there with 500+ machines, but as a one man shop, keeping those machines updated to ensure versions match, and names of the PC's are kept intact when users retire and new folks come on board is a HUGE time saver and stress relief after swapping to ConnectWise Control.

Cons:

Poor screen scaling (when compared to a competitor like TeamViewer), slow multi-monitor (becomes a sluggish because it seems to want to stream all screens at once, even if only one is selected), and ambiguous information as to whether another third party who also uses the software has left theirs installed / potentially could cause exploitation and already causes confusion. Scaling: If I connect to a machine with no other users on it, I believe I should have the option (via the "join w/options" link, perhaps) to change the connection to match my resolution (similar to how Microsoft's own Remote Desktop or TeamViewer do) Additionally, even if it's unable to match my connecting resolution, If the built-in scaling were better (I.E. - if there was a feature that introduced some good hardware accelerated anti-aliasing), the daily use of this software would be greatly improved. Multi-Monitor Sluggish: I've seen this with some other remote connection software - even the more legacy VNC protocol suffers from it, but it is avoidable because not all have this issue. I think the software needs to only stream updates to the primary selected monitor - or at least have an option to enable that, because delays become a huge problem when navigating things like complex databases or even simple excel sheets when there's a full-second delay. This does not happen on single monitor connections right now, it becomes noticable on dual-monitor, and on triple monitor it's very obvious.

Roger
owner in US
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

New User's Thoughts

Comments: Over the last 20 years, I've used all sorts of remote control software, most for a year or more. I used Log Me In when it was the preferred remote control solution at Connectwise several years ago and was very happy with that program, but I changed RMM program, and switched over to Solarwinds old Take Control, which did the job, but did not have the features that ConnectWise Control has. I've used Zoho Assist, which was inexpensive, but again lacked the features with CW Control. Also used Splashtop Remote for over a year which again was just about the same price, but without the features we have here.

Pros:

I really like the ease with which I can connect with my customer's machines. Also, their command center at the top middle of the screen sometimes gets in the way but can be moved around. That Command center has some impressive tools in it, more than most, and they are very useful. From the Managed Toolbox that you can completely customize with your own tools to the help box which lets you do Google searches without leaving the application. The chat feature works as expected but could be improved. And it's affordable.

Cons:

When you chat with a customer and sent the chat, it would be nice if the customer's chat window popped up on the customer's screen with your chat, instead of blinking on the Task Bar. I usually have to go to the customer's machine, click on the blinking ConnecWise Control icon to let the customer know that I have information or an answer for them.

The Unfortunate Software Cycle Victim

Comments: Overall, Connectwise Control has been and is a great software and has allowed me to remotely support clients with a smooth connection and not overly complicated connection process. Unfortunately, I believe being owned by Connectwise was and is the biggest weakness and downfall of the Control (formerly Screenconnect) software. Don't get me wrong, it is still a very usefull and functional software, however, it is very clear that the software lack development because the interface is not the intended interface that Connectwise would like you to use, they want everyone to use Manage, which I completely dislike. I am running the Stand alone version I do not beleive they offer anymore, I am thankfully grandfathered in which isthe best legacy benefit of Screenconnect. I cannot say I have found a better option, however, the software as sold now is all in the cloud and I do not think the benefits are the same as my experience.

Pros:

I love the performance and quality of software customization allowed. I am able to tweak the software to wording, colors, and images allowing me to make the software more of my own. I like that there are multiple ways to connect to client computers from password, link, and unattended access to name a few options.

Cons:

They were formerly ScreenConnect until they were bought out by Connectwise who after my most recent experience are a virus to software. Most of the contribution since the buyout is purely visual and makes it work better with other Connectwise software, effectively crippling any chance Control had of integrating with any other software or advancing features such as the chat window and info windows because they expect you to integrate with other Connectwise software.

Alex
Partner in US

ConnectWise Control, Easy To Use Remote Control and Support Tool

Comments: Overall we are very happy with the way Control works and the value it provides to our business. It is one of our must have and our go to support tool.

Pros:

Connectwise Control is one of the easiest and fastest remote support tools I have used. It allows us as a team to provide on demand remote support to end users without having to have a agent installed on their computer. Works great for connecting to personal laptops and workstations. The agent is easy to install and the web interface is easy to navigate for end users. The options for sending a remote support agent to an end user include a link, an email, or a direct download package which is very helpful for getting end user's online. The client itself is the fastest remote support tool I have used. Once the agent is installed, either a persistent agent, or for on demand support, connection time is usually less than a second. The client provides great options for display scaling, color depth, clipboard support, and a really useful file transfer tool and toolbox. We store our most used support applications in the toolbox that provides our technicians instant access to their most used tools.

Cons:

The only part of the software we currently sometimes have issues with and like the least is the way that Control uses the display driver. This sometimes results in slow connections into servers with Matrox graphics cards and doesn't allow us to adjust the resolution of servers that are running without a monitor.

Ricky
IT Director in US
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

Great Choice for our needs

Comments: With ConnectWise control, our support teams are able to quickly determine if a system or location (with multiple systems) are offline since the client app maintains a connection to the Control Panel. Also, the settings can be configured to allow systems to be assigned to HelpDesk team members without exposing all of the systems and remote access can be configured to require end user consent before connecting.

Pros:

The ConnectWise Control software allows our internal IT support to easily manage in house systems and Servers without requiring end user input. Our HelpDesk team uses ConnectWise Manage for our customers' systems and Control is a part of that software as well.

Cons:

We have yet to find an issue or complaint with using this software. Initially, we had to manually update the clients when new versions came out but now that the updates are automatic the software functions to our complete satisfaction.