Filter by:

• Overall

About Deputy

Deputy: schedule staff, track time and attendance, manage leave, export timesheets to payroll with a click, and stay compliant easily.

Learn more about Deputy

Natalie H.
Pre-ETS Coordinator/Employment Specialist in US
Professional Training & Coaching, 11-50 Employees

Accessible and Easy Use

5 3 years ago

Comments: I can be on the go and document what I am doing and show that I am on location if needed. It helps me keep track of what clients I met when, and is especially helpful when writing reports and dates are needed.

Pros:

I liked that my coworker who was blind could easily navigate the app using her iphone and text-to-speech. I also like that I can look back at dates and see I did that day, as well as my hours total count for the week. The hours total count is a change that I requested to the app and the updated showed in a reasonable amount of time. The design is easy to use with the iphone app, and I like that the categories can be designed to fit your business tasks for streamlined documentation of how much time is spent doing a certain task. Also, you can put notes to detail what you were doing during that time period which is crucial for staff that are changing tasks all day.

Cons:

Sometimes the app will glitch when putting in an end time and after changing the end time from the current time it will default several times back to the current time instead of the end time you want.

Joy L.
Office/Acccounting/Inventory/IT in US

Seamless and cloud based, versatile. App driven for employees mobile devices, schedule at hand.

5 4 years ago

Pros:

Scheduling is complicated and the data entry process can be tedious, but with the "Copy Shifts" function, entry is made easy and editing is simple. A great tool for time management. App driven for seamless integration with employee mobile devices, schedule at the ready and employees can set alerts, push to calendar, notifications, etc. to their liking. The dashboard is pretty snazzy and clear. Export timesheet function makes payroll a breeze.

Cons:

At present, I have not come across much I did not like, how ever, when exporting timesheet the calendar function does not always default to the current pay period. It seems to default to some odd dates. I am not sure what is causing that as we had set our parameters. Support Chat is good, but sometimes a phone call is necessary.

John P.
John P.
Owner in US
Food & Beverages

A+ Scheduling Software

5 4 years ago

Comments: Saves me time and hassle. Employees know how to use it quickly with little/no training.

Pros:

Inexpensive, feature rich, and easy for me to export timesheets to our payroll provider, Gusto. It was easy to add our existing employees when we made the switch. Employees have no complaints using it for time off requests, unavailability or integrating with their calendar so they know when they're scheduled.

Cons:

The manager side of the mobile app is lacking full access to make it easy to approve time off requests. Depending how I pull up the request from my phone sometimes it also shows the date as Christmas Eve from years in the past (like 2015). Hasn't been a big enough pain for me personally to be mad enough to contact them, though I should so they can tell me I'm dumb and using it wrong or fix it.

Helen T.
Shop manager in Australia

CountryOptusStore

5 5 years ago

Comments: We were using excel spread sheet, manually calculating hours and trying to juggle shift changes. Deputy has changed everything. Copy / paste roster templates, Swap shifts, Auto-calculation of hours, notifications when team members are unavailable - the list goes on.
I recommend this product to anyone I know that runs a business with multiple staff members.

Pros:

Ease of copying roster into the timeframe and allocating appropriate team members

Cons:

Export to Xero timesheets has to be altered manually in Xero for each line as details of type of hours worked does not match Xero. Annual / leave days taken and processed through Deputy transfer onto Xero payslips as individual days. So if a team member takes a week off, instead of it being 1 line of annual leave @ 38hours - it comes up as individual lines at whichever shift hour allocations it was originally for. Makes for an overly long payslip!!!

Laura D.
Manager in US
Veterinary, 11-50 Employees

Deputy Staff Schedule Module

4 3 years ago

Pros:

Deputy provides a fully functional scheduling module we use for our Veterinary practice. Our current software did not include time clock/ scheduling features. Deputy is a user friendly program that handles our paid time off requests, time clock functions, and work area assignments. Deputy has advanced security features such as photo capture at clock in, location of clock in, and password protected access. While providing these features, it also is user friendly.

Cons:

Customer support is typically via chat, and their hours of operation do not always reflect US time zones.

Amanda josalene W.
Amanda josalene W.
Fragrances in US
Retail, 11-50 Employees

Excellent value for the money; works great with my business.

5 3 years ago

Comments: Overall, Deputy helped me to relieve stress that comes along with managing payrolls and attendance among a team of employees. I have been able to effectively organize all of my time-sheets without issue, and will continue to use Deputy for my business.

Pros:

The price is excellent and you receive a quality, well-rounded software that allows you to effectively manage payroll and attendance sheets among employees. This took a lot of stress off my back as for a while I was doing everything manually, by hand, and then having to input all of this into a spreadsheet on my computer. Deputy helped make this process 1000x easier, and the price point didn't put even the slightest dent into our business's budget. Within Deputy, you can also use it as a platform to communicate with your employees as well, which is a perk if you need a software that allows you to do such as well.

Cons:

I don't have any cons. Everything runs as it should!

Assistant General Manager in US
Restaurants, 2-10 Employees

Deputy Is Perfect for Our Small Business

4 3 years ago

Pros:

I like that the Deputy UI is really easy to navigate. There is a lot of information held in Deputy and it could easily be set up non-user friendly, but I find that I have no trouble navigating all of the different hierarchies of information to get to where I need to go. Our staff hasn't had any trouble signing up or jumping in with their schedules. I also really enjoy that it reminds people (and me) when they forget to clock in!

Cons:

While I like that I get reminders that people forget to clock in, I often receive them after they've already clocked in, I wish I got a second notice that they in fact did clock in after receiving their notification. This may seem petty, but it can save some leg work (literally).

Jeremy R.
Owner in US
Retail, 2-10 Employees

Everything you could ask for in a scheduling app

5 5 years ago

Comments: Our company tried a few and Deputy ended up being our pick. It does everything you could ever want it to do and then some. Gave 4/5 stars in features and functionality simply because the messaging feature is too limited. However, they could delete this feature altogether and it would still be a 5-star application. Overall, Deputy is a sleek, bug-free system that will make the person in charge of scheduling a happy camper. And the price is right too.

Pros:

Ease of use. Dependability. Beautiful Interface

Cons:

Messaging System

5 years ago

Thanks for your awesome feedback Jeremy! We love hearing success stories like yours! Never hesitate to reach out to our team for help in the future and happy scheduling. - Team Deputy

Drew S.
Drew S.
Australia

Interchange Shoalhaven - Deputy

5 5 years ago

Comments: I have been working on taking our organisation from a paper based time sheet system to an electronic based system and needed something that would tie in with the development of our CRM & Payroll.
We came across Deputy and began our trial with the premium version. After spending some time working with the premium version we chose to engage Deputy for the Enterprise version.
After a bit of time developing the personalized script for our organisations needs we are ready to go live.
The team has been extremely patience with me and very understanding with my many requests.

Pros:

Not only is it a great program to work on, its really easy for anyone to use. I have a number of staff who have very limited I.T skills that have been able to uses the program (both App & Web based) with ease.

Cons:

The only down side to Deputy is that it currently does not capture travel or meal allowances for pay processing (still manually entering into Xero after export).

Bree H.
Venue Manager in Australia
Hospitality, 51-200 Employees

Great way to communicate with your team!

5 5 years ago

Comments: We have been using Deputy for over 2 years and find the software to be reliable, user friendly and a great way to schedule and communicate with our team. The customer service is great with a very quick response time and they are always eager to answer any questions and take on board any feedback you may have. I would highly recommend Deputy for anyone looking into scheduling software.

Pros:

User Friendly / Efficient / Flexible / Great tool for communicating with your team

5 years ago

Thanks for your awesome feedback Bree! We love hearing success stories like yours! Never hesitate to reach out to our team for help in the future and happy scheduling. - Team Deputy

Matthew C.
Business Operations in UK
Computer Games, 11-50 Employees

Easy to use and customer support are quick and helpful

5 5 years ago

Comments: Easy to organise my team. They also got a push notification to their phone regarding the start time of their shift. Very useful for managing remote workers.

Pros:

Easy to have a high level view of what is going on with my team. I can quickly and easily see how many hours each employee has done and compare it to the hours I shifted them. I can also categorise the work so I know what time is spent doing what activity. This for me is very helpful.

Cons:

Filling out the schedule can be time consuming. As with my business only 1 person is shifted at a time so it is tiresome to keep setting the start time of the next employee as the end time of the previous. In addition I would like to be able to edit the view more, for example colour code each employee so when looking at the schedule it is easier to see who is on and when. As our business is not sales related the reports which rostered hours against sales is not really useful. I wish I could change the metrics or KPI's so that they are now inline with what my business needs.

Michael G.
asst director of security in US
Security & Investigations, 1,001-5,000 Employees

very easy to use. Scheduling is easier then ever before.

4 4 years ago

Comments: save me a lot of time and money

Pros:

it show a running tallies of my payroll . its very organized and helpful, easy to change workers schedules. Viewing the profiles of my guards is helpfl.

Cons:

sometimes it makes the computer run slow.besides that we as a company love this program .posting message can be a little crazy.

Holly A.
Holly A.
Operations Manager in Australia

Deputy is an easy to use, functional, clean roster display program

5 3 years ago

Pros:

Its easy drag and drop, copy and paste and repeating of shifts features make it quick and light work pushing out months worth of rosters in advance

Cons:

I would like to see more reports being able to be run so that I can grab information like who is the most frequently late, who does regular over time, etc

Megan A.
Hotel Services Manager in Australia
Hospitality, 51-200 Employees

A Great System

5 5 years ago

Comments: We have been using Deputy for a few years now and have never had any issues. The system is very easy to use for both the rostering manager and staff who use it.

Pros:

Easy to use

5 years ago

Thanks for your awesome feedback Megan! We love hearing success stories like yours! Never hesitate to reach out to our team for help in the future and happy scheduling. - Team Deputy

Julie T.
Controller in US
Financial Services, Self Employed

We use Deputy as a timecard system and don't really use any other features.

4 4 years ago

Comments: Makes it easy to keep track of time for hourly employees. Especially since we are in a couple different locations and I work mostly from home.

Pros:

It loads directly into Gusto and makes it easy for me to do payroll. It's easy to train my employees on.

Cons:

There are many areas we don't use, but we are paying for. It would be nice to be able to pay according to how much we use. Also, I probably should look and see the new options and maybe we would use them.

Aj K.
Director in Australia
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees

Outstanding staff scheduling software

5 5 years ago

Comments: I looked at over half a dozen options in depth, entering schedules and staff and doing trials. I ended up deciding upon Deputy software and couldn't be happier. It's smooth and intuitive to use for both the staff and management alike and integrates with Xero smoothly saving me time and money. The staff love the ease of the app and it allows them to fill shifts they can't do making like easier for me. I can choose to approve the changes or not. It has improved communication with the staff as well, do to the nature of our work, we are all on shift on different days and times. This helps us communicate.
All the components of this well thought out software work and the customer service has been great. I really can't recommend it highly enough.

Pros:

Easy to use. Integrates with Xero and other software. Helps communication with staff. Allows for SMS, email, and push notifications.

Cons:

Haven't found any.

5 years ago

Thanks for your awesome feedback AJ! We love hearing success stories like yours! Never hesitate to reach out to our team for help in the future and happy scheduling. - Team Deputy

Retail Manager in Australia
Apparel & Fashion, 51-200 Employees

Deputy is the best human capital administrator I have used

5 3 years ago

Comments: It is a great tool that all of our staff use. It is a great tool to manage the casual staff as well. I really recommend it. It is easy to manage the hours as well and make quick changes. It is easy to manage all the staff in different parts of the business.

Pros:

It is so easy to use and you can download the app, so you can check the rosters of the staff from any location, you can update with ease and it has never crashed. It is reliable and has no mistakes.

Cons:

Sometimes it is difficult to find your shift to login, but once you use it on a daily basis, it is so easy and effective for our business.

Louise B.
Manager in Australia
Telecommunications, 51-200 Employees

Simply better

5 5 years ago

Comments: Using deputy to keep up to date with work scheduling, rostering, pays and pretty much all of my day to day employee communications has been made easy and extremely efficient since using this software. Simply easy and so much better then my past experiences with other softwares

Pros:

Simple and quick to use

Cons:

Umm its name

5 years ago

Thanks for your awesome feedback Louise! We love hearing success stories like yours! Never hesitate to reach out to our team for help in the future and happy scheduling. - Team Deputy

Digital Platform Manager in US
Retail, 51-200 Employees

Deputy has been a great solution for our staffing needs.

5 4 years ago

Pros:

Ease of use, convenient application for employees. Geolocation is great for employee clock in and out transparency.

Cons:

Approving time sheets view that displays by time, not by worker. Ie being able to see the time at which employees are leaving. Be able to set unavailability for several days in a row. Unavailability repeat for every other week and "ever second Tuesday of the month."

Matt T.
Office Manager in Australia
Airlines/Aviation, 2-10 Employees

Excellent teamworking software that's at a reasonable price

4 4 years ago

Comments: Cleaner and more productive interaction between our staff team

Pros:

We moved from revel to deputy and found it far more advanced that revel. Interaction between users is easy and the interface is awesome.

Cons:

For us it crashed a couple of times but that might just have been our connection as it could be sporadic. Some of the functionality also caused some of our staff some issues when using.

Jennifer S.
owner in US
Retail, 2-10 Employees

I wish we would have used them years ago.

5 4 years ago

Pros:

Employees can manage their own schedules, and they get text messages with schedule updates. It is easy to create different departments. We also like how it exports to our accounting software.

Cons:

No cons. There is really nothing I'd change. We've been very pleased with the app. It is much better than trying to do everything on google calender like before.

Michael B.
Owner/ Bar Manager in Australia
Hospitality, 11-50 Employees

Recommend for all businesses big or small!

5 5 years ago

Comments: I have found navigating the roster very easy as well as communicating with my staff. It has saved me time with using different calendars and spreadsheets to coordinate the staff.

Pros:

Easy to use.

Cons:

Slows down on Safari, much better on Chrome!

5 years ago

Thanks for your awesome feedback Michael! We love hearing our customers share success stories like yours! Never hesitate to reach out to our team for help in the future and happy scheduling. - Team Deputy

Cam B.
Manager in US

Awesome for multiple locations and really easy to use .

4 4 years ago

Pros:

Really easy to get shifts covered and repacled Simple to use Quick Time saver Love how I can do most of the tasks from mobile .

Cons:

Does not have approve swap on mobile need that really bad Also I don't think you can approve a leave on mobile as well need that Really hard to swap shifts using the app while creating a schedule.

Ty G.
Media Manager in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 Employees

Great time tracking software

4 3 years ago

Comments: Has so far been a great experience with excellent customer support and very easy to use interface for all our users(of all ages).

Pros:

Easy to use for everyone. Both on the mobile app and on the computer. No experience with the kiosk version. Very user friendly and 24/7 chat help is great.

Cons:

Would like the ability to make it so some users can only login with a computer and some can use the app. Right now its only a global setting and allows everyone to use both. Would be nice if it could be a user by user setting.

Azita M.
Azita M.
President in US

Deputy was a true solution for our staffing scheduling and payroll.

5 4 years ago

Pros:

True value for the money. We saved time, money and hassle. We saved money by avoiding overtime and placing the workers in the right departments. We were able to tract PTO and respond to employees requests in a timely manner. Employee and employer satisfaction is excellent.

Cons:

Initial setup took time. It took sometime to train And the staff had low buy-in at the beginning. It would have been good to have tutorials for staff how to sign into deputy from their phones.