• Overall
    4.5 /5
    4.4 /5

About Highrise

Simple cloud based CRM to keep track of the leads, conversations, follow ups, and tasks that are the lifelines of your business.

Learn more about Highrise

Bismark D.
  • Reviewed on 7/3/2018

"The most useful CRM I know. The features available are the most widely used. Powerful & Intuitive"

Comments: I have been able to keep under control interactions with my customers regarding both sales and customer service. By using tasks, I never missed a follow up, an employee's birthday or anniversary. The software has given me a great sense of control and made it look simple.

Pros: I have been running two companies for the last ten years out of Highrise CRM. PROS: Only useful features included. I use ALL the features in highrise and feel that nothing is lacking. I can do sales, customer service out of the same database for two companies. The tags structure allows me to segment my contacts like no other system I have ever tried. The ability to now send mass emails to segments of or my entire database is extremely useful. The ability to create custom fields and then be able to search by them as well is simply amazing. Task management is very simple in Highrise, perhaps, the most intuitive I have ever seen. Deals and the search capabilities are the icing on the cake, but what truly sets this CRM apart from all its competition is how simple it is to use. You can start using it immediately. No videos to watch or learn. The system is that intuitive. I highly recommend this CRM to anyone running a small to mid size business.

Cons: From my perspective there are only two "cons" regarding Highrise. The first is the absence of a calendar, and second the inability to establish "relationships" between different objects in the database.

• Reviewed on 7/3/2018
Cedric d. F.
Publisher
Publishing
  • Reviewed on 7/12/2017

"Good CRM program for the price -- great value!"

Comments: Organization and management of sales prospects.

Pros: The interactivity with programs like Linkedin and customers websites, etc. And you can sync with your mobile for portability.

Cons: Challenging to navigate initially ...still don't know how to operate all things. Simple things like finding my original user ID to sign into mobile app required contacting customer service and lost time awaiting a response. I'm old school and like to speak to a warm body for expediency in these cases, however, I'm aware this is the new norm.

Ivan C.
Director of Buisiness Development
Food & Beverages, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/2/2018

"Highrise packs a lot of power for a great price"

Comments: It's not sales force, but as a CRM tool it's got to be one of the better priced options considering the features.

Pros: I love Highrise. It offers great tagging with the ability to filter companies by tag and include employees of those companies (so you don't have to tag all employees). You can use it for broadcast email, although the bounce and spam rates are pretty tight to know you off the system. It will auto record all emails sent to clients using a BCC to highrise feature so you can store all interactions and make them available across all employees. You can add custom fields as well for mail merge. The desktop UX is great. The mobile UX is OK. The mobile apps are getting better. That's the main thing I like, they announce new features and functions routinely and it's getting better all the time.

Cons: I noticed that the broadcast email bounce signals were too tight the first time I used it. I sent something out to all my clients, but I work with restaurants and some email addresses were dead and they shut me down temporarily. Real email tools won't be so stringent. Could have improved since that effort as that was when it first came out.

• Reviewed on 11/2/2018
Samuel S.
Asst. Manager
  • Reviewed on 8/12/2017

"Highrise is close to perfect, with responsive and helpful customer service"

Comments: Business contact info and organization is excellent. Great customer support.

Pros: Highrise makes building your business contact list easy, with plenty of options for organizing them. Best of all is the way of filtering through tags. Sure, every site has tags, but if you really care about them as a way of creating lists and sublists and sub-sub-lists, you typically can't. Highrise's gives you a great way to view to filter through your contacts by adding/subtracting tags or word search. When I've run into problems or questions about certain features, the Highrise team is great at replying with real help. I'm not used to getting an answer so quickly from a website team without being put through the grinder of being put on hold or a beauracracy of emails, but Highrise has been stellar on that front.

Cons: Inputting your contacts is easy, with two available tabs for "person" or "company." However, you have to know which one you want to do before you start, because switching tabs/modes will erase any info you've already typed in. Would love Highrise yet more if they found a way to switch between tabs while retaining that info.

Ivan C.
Director of Business Development
  • Reviewed on 13/7/2016

"The best Customer Relationship Management Tool Ever!"

Comments: I've been using Highrise for 6 years and there was a period under 37 signals that there wasn't a lot of innovation going on. Since 37 signals passed it off to Nathan Kontny and company it's been moving at light speed. I can't wait to get the Android app!

Pros: The ease of use, features, prices, and tutorials are all amazing. There's quite a few small features like BCCing all emails to your customer so you can review conversations is a game changer. Being able to tag tasks with colored codes really helps. My to do list looks like that are amazingly convenient.

Cons: I really wish my task list was organized by a calendar. There's some syncing to Google Calendar that people use, but I frequently move blue (not important) tasks to the next day when I run out of energy. Then I review it. Google Calendar doesn't update fast enough to review it. I really want to see it organized by day of the week. Also, an Android app would be nice.

• Reviewed on 13/7/2016
Jesse S.
  • Reviewed on 22/11/2016

"A great way to manage leads and opportunities"

Comments: I just needed a simple place to track conversations with potential clients and marketing leads. Inputting conversations and information is as simple as blind carbon copying an email address. Setting up contacts and companies is simple. The to-dos are easy to use and follow. Tracking the value of deals is extremely simple. Everything you need to track personal and team marketing leads without the hassle of unnecessary fields and information that isn't useful.

Pros: Super simple to use. This makes tracking leads and marketing contacts easy and fun to use.

Cons: I'd like to see some more automation and workflows when a new email is blind carbon copied into Highrise.

• Reviewed on 22/11/2016
Lou L.
Entertainment, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 3/5/2018

"Use this run our small company."

Comments: Helped us organize our second biggest asset, our contacts.

Pros: The software is wonderfully simply and efficient. We tried other CRMs and hoo boy were they overwhelming to the point of absurdity. I think the CRM space is filled with products designed for companies that are size of small countries. Highrise understands reality better than most.

Cons: My only gripe is the number of "Deals" I get for my tier. It's a tiny gripe to be sure, but an extra five would be great.

• Reviewed on 3/5/2018
Mike G.
  • Reviewed on 28/12/2018

"Super easy to store client information, conversations, notes, etc."

Pros: Ease of use, access from web or mobile. Constantly adding new features

Cons: We don't have the need to use cases, deals, or tasks, so I am under utilizing the power of the software but still feel it's a fair value.

• Reviewed on 28/12/2018
Liz C.
Financial Services
  • Reviewed on 10/1/2017

"Small Business Owners Take Note!"

Comments: Great value, user-friendly, perfect for a small business. Price levels make it affordable. Features make CRM monitoring a smooth process.

Pros: Ease of use and accessibility

Cons: NA

• Reviewed on 10/1/2017
Theresa M.
Project Coordinator
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 7/12/2017

"We use HighRise to track all of our clients and events that we attend and host."

Pros: Easy to use! Love that we can send documents by email to the event/deal that we are working on. It has become very easy to look at all the deals we currently have pending and fixed.

Cons: It would be nice if the tasks were a little easier to use, maybe integrate with Google calendar. I don't use the tasks mainly for this reason.

Kirsten F.
mgr
  • Reviewed on 9/5/2018

"Excellent for the price"

Pros: Super inexpensive and not complex. if you are not someone who wants to deal with the complexity of Salesforce, Zoho or Podio, this is a great option.

Cons: The product is simple, sometimes too simple can't do the slight complex things you want to do with regards to flow, etc.

• Reviewed on 9/5/2018
Brian J.
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 1/4/2019

"Great CRM"

Comments: I had a good experience with Highrise and was able to complete a lot of tasks using it.

Pros: I liked that I was able to stay on top of my client database of over 1K people with this online software. I do believe they are not taking on any more customers though or Highrise is over now.

Cons: It could be more user friendly. Possibly making the interface more customizable.

• Reviewed on 1/4/2019
Keith P.
Vice President
  • Reviewed on 8/12/2017

"I've used Highrise for over a year."

Comments: Organization. Bigly. I'm sure others may find the software too basic. But I find it's simplicity to be a plus

Pros: It provides core CRM tools very well. Since that's pretty much all I'm looking for, it works great for me. It's intuitive to learn. I really appreciate the tagging feature that allows me to create groups without creating other objects within the environment.

Cons: I'm fumbled merging some contacts, so that could be a little easier. Still, pretty small potatoes.

Director Of Technology
Graphic Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/12/2018

"Way too much busy work required for what I need, could be useful for a medium sales team"

Comments: Nice looking powerful system, but it was just too many bells and whistles for what we needed to do.

Pros: Highrise is cute and fun to look at as far as contact management solutions go. I liked the way the contact profiles displayed once they were set up properly. I liked being able to save notes on each one.

Cons: I felt like the amount of work I had to do to get it set up with all of my contact data didn't justify the end result for my purposes. Since I'm the only person doing sales for our business, sticking with my old address book and notebook just worked better for me (maybe a bit dinosaurish of me but it just works better for me) but if you started filling it out as you go from the beginning of the company or had enough sales people working on the same system to justify it, it could be a great setup.

• Reviewed on 19/12/2018
Sales and Marketing Assistant
Internet, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 7/12/2017

"Highrise offers the functionality and ease of use needed for a whole team"

Comments: Organization! Streamlined task management

Pros: I love the Highrise offers a clean user interface with great functionality made easy to use by everyone on a team, regardless of their comfort level with technology.

Cons: I wish you could see tasks that have been checked off/recover tasks that were accidentally checked off the same way you can view and recover deleted tasks.

Taylor W.
Account Executive
  • Reviewed on 26/7/2018

"Super basic CRM"

Pros: It's really easy to setup and maneuver. When our business just started out, it was perfect - not complex, really simple.

Cons: It's just too basic. It can't support a complex sales cycle like we currently need. Definitely meant for really small companies.

• Reviewed on 26/7/2018
Customer Service Representative
Financial Services, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/8/2018

"Best CRM"

Pros: Highrise is truly the best CRM I've used. It solves all the issues with creating and/or maintaining a data base and it's user friendly. It doesn't take much training to understand how it works and to use most of the functionalities.

Cons: Small issues with emails and overwriting data, however it's been overall a great experience.

• Reviewed on 20/8/2018
Bryan A.
Insurance, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 13/3/2019

"Not open to new customers"

Pros: Never got to use this software. Last year they closed to new customers. Seems like it would have done what I wanted. It just looked good for my needs.

Cons: This software is now closed to new customers.

• Reviewed on 13/3/2019
Carlos R.
principal designer
Architecture & Planning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/7/2016

"aesthetic review (mostly)"

Comments: The experience has been good. I think there's lots to gain from the application that I'm not using yet. It'd be great to see integrations with Asana as well.

Pros: It's helpful and functions well.

Cons: I think my biggest sticking point is that visually highrise needs an update!

by Highrise on 19/7/2016

Thanks for the review and feedback Carlos! We're working on lots of visual updates as we speak - though we want to introduce them in a way that minimizes disruption for current users. Hope they help!

• Reviewed on 19/7/2016
Kyle l. S.
Founder & President
Food & Beverages
  • Reviewed on 7/12/2017

"The key system to making my business run smoothly. We'd be a disorganized mess without it."

Comments: Allows our team and clients easy access to all communication and orders with our accounts. Highrise is a screen always open and in constant use. It's a very easy to use and appealing CRM.

Pros: Aesthetically, I find the website to be pleasing and easy to use. It's second nature to us now as we've been using Highrise for almost 7 years. All our accounts that used to live in my head are now neatly organized and accessible by my team and our clients. Amazing to be able to offer that transparency. We use the deals function and send out samples and orders. Highrise links with some other sites we use - mailchimp and easy insights to name a few. I love how you can set permissions and tailor each users view. When we were searching for a CRM we researched many options before settling on highrise. It's been critical to our growing business.

Cons: I haven't tried the app in awhile but it used to be abysmal. Creating a new user and assigning permissions is a huge chore for us. Creating a deal is very manual and there are lots of opportunity for human error.

Shirin E.
Co-founder & Cloud and Systems Engineer
  • Reviewed on 4/5/2018

"Excellent CRM platform for a startup that needs good collaboration and sharing."

Comments: Was able to see what the whole team was saying and emailing a client in a simple easy to navigate interface. It allowed us to tag clients for follow ups and to know exactly what vertical they were in and how we could best help them. It's very easy to organize your client data within this application .

Pros: You quickly get an understanding of the overall situation between the firm and your client. If you have have multiple people in your organization interacting with a client for customer support you will get a very nice overall picture quickly. The layout for this and organization of data on the screen is excellent for this purpose. The history is very easy to see and it would allow an organization to work with clients without having to ask them to tell the story over and over to different departments.

Cons: While CRM is client relationship management, HighRise performs well. It's not as robust a tool for an outbound sales campaign for a sales rep. The task and calendar management functions are good but it's not as slick for planning a territory based on how you search against clients and firms. The tagging feature if creatively used can overcome this minor issue

• Reviewed on 4/5/2018
David A.
Co-Founder | Chief Executive | Chief Platform Architect
Information Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 7/12/2017

"I suggest ideas they arrive, I ask for help it is given with a smile, I get high availability,"

Comments: liked giving feedback in a thoughtful way, made it easy to do

Pros: It works, the team do great work, features trickle in, you provide great support, easy to use, easy to share with other people,

Cons: The lack of the following features creates work and reduces quality of our use - ability to use proper formatting of notes, basic bold, underline, bullet lists, numbered lists. Surely this is easy using Markdown and a toolbar
- Google drive and docs integration
- ability to have one person working at more than one organisation without using tags, we need this.
- ability to track history of a persons organisations and roles
- producing funnel charts and graphs from pipeline to improve dashboard reporting
- more text space for tasks window of entry too smal

Gabrielle V.
President | Co-Founder
  • Reviewed on 9/3/2018

"I use Highrise daily. Can't do my work without this valuable tracking tool."

Comments: I don't have to remember information about contacts. It saves me time and makes me more efficient in my job. The reminders keep me on track with my daily "to-do's"

Pros: It has a place for all the data points I need. I like 1.) the layout 2.) ease of use 3.) simple data search options 4.) ease of import/export 5.) email filing integration (using dropbox email address in bcc)

Cons: The order of the emails that show in notes per person. It's a little hard to follow email timeline, so the order could be improved.

• Reviewed on 9/3/2018
Vicki F.
Program Administrator
  • Reviewed on 13/1/2016

"A Database Program That Has Multiple Functions"

Pros: Before we began using Highrise, we thought that we were going to have to hire someone to create a database for us, then hire someone to maintain it. When we discovered Highrise, this solved our issues. We are an executive search firm, and Highrise allows us to keep track of every job candidate who sends us a resume. We have their contact information at our fingertips, and we can attach their resumes and any other pertinent info to their Highrise entry. We have also found it extremely useful to use the tags. In this way, we can differentiate our candidates by the type of work that they do, and also by what positions they have applied for in the past. If we are trying to reach out to someone with a financial background, we do a Highrise search using our financial tag, and everyone who has financial experience will come up in the search. We can even narrow it down to region, city, state or zip code. We like using the notes so that any of our team members who look at a Highrise entry can see if there's anything about a particular candidate another team member found notable during a phone conversation, for example. We also really like how integrated Highrise is with LinkedIn, because we use LinkedIn quite a bit.
There are a lot of features of Highrise that are automatic that help us a lot. For instance, as long as a person's profile in Highrise has their email address, we can forward emails to a dedicated Dropbox email and Highrise will automatically pick it up and add it to that person's Highrise profile.

Cons: It's not very hard to overwrite an entry and you have to be careful when you are importing contacts from other software programs. It's time consuming when setting up the database to enter all of the data, however, Highrise has made it as easy as possible.

• Reviewed on 13/1/2016
Clinton B.
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/7/2016

"Highrise is a Great CRM"

Comments: Solid product, love seeing it being actively improved on a regular basis. Also have been using as easy to share task based system. LOVE the way I can add a bcc email address to help file all customer email conversations, that and the search make for a huge insurance investment to ensure we always know what was said for each client.

Pros: Easy to use, easy on the eyes, super functional.

Cons: Integration with Gmail is neat, but what about the rest of us?
After reminder or todo passes the expiry date program doesn't keep reminding user of old/late task (which is essential)
Would love to see some 'health' so clients that haven't been touched for awhile popup as needing a call/attention.

• Reviewed on 14/7/2016