15 years helping Irish businesses

About RepairDesk

Modern repair shop management software featuring repair ticketing, inventory, CRM, invoicing, reporting, payments and more.

Learn more about RepairDesk

Pros:

Supports online booking widget which can be implemented in user's website or social media. Providing API means, the application can be integrated into other invoicing softwares for example.

RepairDesk ratings

4.5
4.7
4.6
4.6

8.8/10

RepairDesk has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 190 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used RepairDesk before?

Oliver
Oliver
Owner in UK
Computer Hardware, Self Employed

Great customer service after poor service from competitor!

Pros:

Sales and support team were quick and efficient, especially [SENSITIVE CONTENT], who was really good, not pushy and understood that as a small business, my operations came before making this purchase, his knowledge was second to none and I felt that he really wanted to tailor the experience to my needs.

Cons:

There's a lot to setup, but worth it!!!!

Sean
Director in UK

Ideal POS for Repair Shops

Comments: great nothing i can add to this.

Pros:

I like the ease of use and the integrations between my website and this POS. Customers are always commenting that they enjoy the experience of booking their devices in using this much valued RD integration. I like also that RD software engineers are always updating and this is never the finished article and RD is always evolving. Also I love the customer facing display and customers agree to our t+c before the repair commences and see the price of it. It gives me a professional approach and something I can go back to if i need to and show the customer that I made you aware of.......... and you agreed to this with a signature to back this up. The reporting aspect and KPIs is another key part of the RD system. All round its justa great system to use. Backed up by a great team on the help desk especially [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who helps me tremendously if I need help with something

Cons:

yes there are issues and sometimes things go wrong and there are bugs within it that can occur but not anything that I would gripe over. I moved from Repairshopr 3 years ago and when I compare the 2 ? RD are streets ahead of them

Retail, 51–200 Employees

Company to avoid at any cost

1.0 last month New

Comments: Very bad and frustrating. I had more than 50 meetings with their team repeating the same thing over and over without any result

Pros:

Nothing the platform is archaic, the project management is not existing, sales representative promise you thing that the dev team cannot deliver

Cons:

We started a project with Repairdesk there is one year ago and the project is still not live...All the features and specifications promised are still not there one year after. Very poor project management by postponing every week the live date of our project, reading my emails during our weekly meeting, lying to us...Company to avoid at any cost

Owner in Canada

Circuit Tree Review

Pros:

Ticket management and the ability for Customers to view and track their tickets in real time.

Cons:

Having issues with integration with Mobile Sentrix, I made a mistake, but so far it doesn't appear there's anyway to actually rectify that mistake leaving me unable to utilize the integration with Mobile Sentrix like I wanted.

Shane
Consumer Electronics, 2–10 Employees

RepairDesk is the only way togo

Comments: 110% I love RepairDesk

Pros:

Ease of use, Customer Service, The amount of help you get when setting up, Ticketing, POS functionality

Cons:

Deleting some aspects of the inventory such as existing manufacturers is hard todo with out erasing the whole inventory

4 years ago

Hi Shane, Thanks for the awesome review. We're real happy to have Computer Cave as one of our customers, and we love that you're so happy with RepairDesk as a whole. Using our software can be cumbersome at times, yes, but we're always here to help you out with our active support team and knowledge base articles. Give us a shout any time you need help, and we'll be there to take care of everything. Thanks again for everything. You're awesome!

Travis
Computer Hardware, 2–10 Employees

Repair desk is the only choice for the repair professional!

Comments: Amazing A++++

Pros:

Repair Desk is taking the time to build out its software constantly to be exactly what anybody in the Repair community needs. They listen to Feedback and suggestions and work with every shop individually to make one of the best software options out there!

Cons:

The only thing I like the least amount this software is the simple fact I didn’t find them sooner!

Ash
Owner in Australia

Support is unreal!

Comments: Love it

Pros:

How good the POS system is and how easy the staff picked it up

Cons:

Mapping to parts is hard sometimes but support team figure it out instantly

4 years ago

Hi Ash, Thanks a lot for your super review! We're really happy to know that RepairDesk solves all your troubles extraordinarily well. We designed our systems to be feature-packed yet very easy to use, and it's so great to hear that your staff caught up with it so easily. Likewise, our support team is always there to take care of your needs and help you out with anything that you desire. And as always, if there's anything you'd like to discuss, Usman is always ready for a call! Thanks for being awesome!

Joshua
Comptroller in UK

Review from iScreenFix

Comments: Overall experience with Repair Desk is good. We look forward to learning more about the software and hope that our workers will learn it as quickly as the managers.

Pros:

Repair Desk is a comprehensive piece of software, perfect for small electronics repair shops. Includes POS system, customer database, inventory management, analytics and more.

Cons:

There is a significant learning curve while mastering this product. Some things are easy and intuitive, however, more difficult functions require training before using Repair Desk. Also, it was difficult for my company to integrate with more than one supplier. We figured out a good work around, but not easy.

4 years ago

Hi Joshua, Thanks for the great review! We're really glad that RepairDesk was able to give your shop everything it needs to run at its best. The software may seem complex at first, but it's actually fairly intuitive and structured for convenience. We're really hoping your staff comes to love it just as much as you do. If there's anything you need assistance with, our support team is always ready to answer your queries.

Eyob
Technician in US
Consumer Electronics, 2–10 Employees

The best POS for Cellphone repair busines!

Comments: RepairDesk is a decent POS, easy to use, it gave us total solution for our onsite cell phone repair busines, Especially keep updating customers with ON MY WAY email/sms and sending them technician’s location in real time.

Pros:

I really like RepairDesk POS b/c can be used on smart phones and iPads anywhere anytime! and the best customer support!!

Cons:

At the moment we don’t have any issues with RepairDesk POS software we really love it!!

Paul
Manager in South Africa

RepairDesk User

Comments: Very happy with the software, Streamlining was well executed and updates are regular and the software informs you of any new features as soon as it is made available

Pros:

Ease of use, No hassle with setup, Easy customization

Cons:

Can't really complain about anything. The developers are easy to reach and Extremely helpful, Friendly and Professional

Paul
owner in UK

Appointment Calendar

Pros:

ease of access. great feedback from customers and great online feature

Cons:

It would be great if the end user (the business), could customise the layout and look of the feature. It would be great if we could customise the way the feature looked when publishing this on the website. I've been using this feature as my main purpose of Repair Desk and I think it STILL looks the same way it did when I first started using it 3 years ago. Like Wix Bookings, they have changed the options for layout, colours, sizes, options of their booking system which is free of costs, yet Repair Desk haven't changed anything abou Appointment Calendar since I've used it. It's starting to look a bit retro in comparison to other online booking systems where things look more "blown up" and easier on the eyes (more so in mobile view on mobile devices)

3 years ago

Hi Paul, Founder here at RepairDesk and thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback. I do agree that the appointment booking widget design is outdated and we also plan to release a new version early next year. In the meantime, you can also integrate a 3rd party appointment system using our Zapier integration. More information on zapier integration is available here: https://zapier.com/apps/repairdesk/integrations

Managing Director in Australia
Retail, 2–10 Employees

Do you like paying for incomplete buggy software?

Comments: Well unlike this page implies tech support is not 24 hours and is setup on us time zones. So here in Australia we miss half a day of support and it is extremely frustrating. I have a business to run I don't have time to sit on support all day for problems that shouldn't be there in the first place! I would not reccomend abd like alot if clients will jump ship as soon as I can. But these things take tinet

Pros:

There are a number of things I like about repairdesk it's workflow to book in jobs is good.

Cons:

From a functionality perspective it is extremely buggy and not worthy of being paid software. They have been around for years and some of the bugs are so simplistic and should not happen but it is sonwhat accepted by them. The focus seems to be on new intergration then making the core system work well

6 years ago

Thanks a lot for your feedback. We're looking to bring more people on board so we can offer live chat / telephone support during Australian 9-1:00 am. Although, we would love to be perfect, feedback from customers can help us move in the right direction as we know that there is plenty to do ahead. Although we are offering new features, we are working to smash bugs and remove them from our basic functions with the utmost dedication. As we have introduced a full-fledged software, the bug removal process takes time especially in the R&D stage. Please do report your bugs on Github. The link is provided: https://github.com/Repair-DeskPOS/RepairDesk-BUGS-IMPROVEMENTS/issues We will look into them immediately. Regards, RepairDesk

Norma

Repair Desk is easy

Comments: Overall experience has been great. Refunds was one of my concerns since sometimes there was only one item that need to be refunded I like that I can go back and only refund the items needed.

Pros:

We have used Repir Desk for a little over 2 years and it has been so easy to navigate and understand. Being able to write notes for in house is a plus. All of our repairs are done in front of the customers so this helps passing on the information to which ever tech takes care of the customer so that the customer does not need to explain over and over. Great using.

Cons:

I cannot say I have any complaints to give.

5 years ago

Hi Norma, Thank you for your amazing review of our software! We're always hard at work to bring the best experience to our customers, and are constantly tweaking RepairDesk to serve you better. We've got a lot more improvements to our core systems planned for this year, so if there's anything you'd like to see, you can always contact our support team for it. Thanks again for your patronage.

Nesan
Consultant in Australia
Retail, 2–10 Employees

Best customer service from any cloud based software service provider I've experienced

Comments: Before RepairDesk, we used tried many similar platforms none seemed to fit our needs/were able to be adjusted to our requirements. Repairdesk was flexible enough to give us all the functionality we needed and some, even though our businesses isn't a mobile phone service store. Covers all bases from daily POS, repair ticket creation - customer automated notifications and sales reporting - far better than the off-the-shelf retail software we were using before hand. Well worth the pricing and time required to onboard/deploy it. The support team is by far the best I have ever experienced, they jump on live chat at the drop of a hat - provide complex dev support with no complaint and have always resolved any questions we have had.
Stellar effort - truely the benchmark for A+ service - [SENSITIVE CONTENT] in particular have been great.

Pros:

Ease of Use, Broad functionality, Better than expected Customer Support, Price-point

Cons:

Time to implement - but partially down to the archaic software we had + bending of the product for our unique requirements we required

Carmelo
Director in UK
Telecommunications, 2–10 Employees

The best software for phone and computer repair industry

Comments: Overall satisfied, is the second year we use it, we took off a lot of pressure and manual work starting from customer registration papers, invoicing, labels, inventory made with different software., You have anything in the tip of your fingers, really you don't need more, and you have more than you expect with the software.

Pros:

The software is very intuitive and it have everything you need, you named it. Usman and the staff are wonderful and patient, and very helpful and supportive for businesses. What make this software standout is the support team 24/7 and the addons and functions. I have no other words to give the right value, I would give 10 starts otherwise.

Cons:

Sincerely only the integration tool to upgrade to RepairDesk 2.0

Owner/Operator in Australia

Brilliant Software

Comments: Very nice software to use. We use it in my repair shop.
Very handy for keeping track of almost everything.
Constantly adding new features and perks.
When they have time - they listen to customers input and impliment features requested by the common majority.
There is a great support forum for issues, FAQ and requests for changes to the software.
In short... brilliant software!

Pros:

Ease of use at POS Being able to track all repairs in store easily Constant improvements Website widgets for tracking repairs and instant quotes

Cons:

Not everything is absolutely perfect - mostly cosmetic. (Eg. Spelling errors, layout, etc) POS has no customer rewards programs or support for us to add our own No android app available Monthly fee is a little high in Australian Dollars but is still worth it

6 years ago

Thank you for being an awesome customer Michael & for your valuable feedback. We are happy that you are satisfied with RepairDesk and we aim to make the system even easier and more convenient for you. Our development and customer support team are working rigorously, and smooth operations on your end are our main priority. We have marked your suggestion & will work on it soon. We hope to have a lasting relationship with you.

mj
manager in Australia
Retail, 2–10 Employees

Repairdesk just wants to take money. They always keep increasing their fee.

Comments: For Light plan, user can use only 75 tickets/invoice monthly. If users need more, we can buy extra 75 tickets/invoices at full Light plan price. They said 'Unused tickets/invoices will be carried out automatically'. But, Repairdesk doesn't provide more details. They just confirmed extra purchased tickets will be also expired with monthly plan. so, we need to pay $35 for extra ticket and they charge another $35 for monthly plan. So, total $70 (same price as Pro plan) but it has limited ticket/invoice quota.
They should present T&C when we purchase extra quota.

Pros:

Repairdesk provides a lot of features. They always keep developing new features.

Cons:

Their plan policy regarding extra ticket/invoice quota is crap.

Dean
Director in Australia

Easy to use software great for smart phone repair shops. Continually updating and improving.

Pros:

Simplicity of the software with regards to use for repair shops. Responsiveness of the support team is a massive plus. The software has progressed a lot since we first came on board.

Cons:

Obviously not targeted to an Australian user as much as it is a US user. Issues around how tax calculations are displayed still exist. Also the reporting functionality could be improved on. Need to be able to export data to excel in a more versatile way.

6 years ago

Thank you Dean for your valuable feedback. We are happy that you are satisfied with RepairDesk and we aim to make the system even easier and more convenient for you. Our development and customer support team are working rigorously, and smooth operations on your end are our main priority. If you have any particular concerns,you can report them to us on Github (https://github.com/Repair-DeskPOS/RepairDesk-BUGS-IMPROVEMENTS/issues) and we will look into them as soon as possible. You can also contact our support team for assistance. We hope to have a lasting relationship with you.

Finley

POS Software Best for Repair Stores

Comments: Overall it has been a great experience with Repair Desk. I will recommend all store owners to use RepairDesk

Pros:

RepairDesk is the best POS software for Repair Industry, It helps in streamlining all basic operations like Creating Ticket, Creating Invoices, Managing Inventory , Managing Employees and Managing Reports. Also the Support team is great and always provide 10 Star Customer Experience. Specially the Team Lead [SENSITIVE CONTENT] is the best resource and has always helped us in best possible manner.

Cons:

Setup is sometimes time taking however we always recommend to get training session from dedicated Trainer and Customer Success Manager

Alex
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Excellent software for the price

Comments: With anything you will have bumps along the way. It may have to gonto a different team to be resolved. But they are willing to do the best they can or tell you it can not be done.

Pros:

Being able to consolidate customers and inventory items in place is awesome. And being able to customize fields and link parts to a particular repair is a time saver when checking in. And love the Customer facing display for clients to enter contact info.

Cons:

Some processes are difficult/hard to find. Suck as adding a new device. You just about have to do it in 2 different places, and if it doesn't match your integrated vendor then it will not link.

Brandon
owner in US
Consumer Electronics, 2–10 Employees

Has kinks, but overall the best thing I have used for my business

Pros:

prompt response by team to fix issues. The work flow is great as well, lots of features (see below though).

Cons:

buggy and a lot of features are half baked. When bringing to teams attention, they are responsive though and want to improve.

5 years ago

Hello Brandon, Thanks a lot for your review. We're glad to learn that your experience with RepairDesk has been a great one. Our team is always at the ready to learn how we can improve RepairDesk for our loyal customers, and any feedback you have for us is always highly appreciated. We hope to continue bringing the improvements that you would like to see so that RepairDesk remains the best choice for your business. Thank you once again for being a great friend to the RepairDesk team!

Anthonie
Owner, repairshop in Canada
Consumer Electronics, Self Employed

Most awesome team and software

Comments: Every question i have, the customer service is there to help me !

Pros:

-Customer services is Awesome 100/10 -Softwares team is seriously awesome too -Softwares itself is very good !

Cons:

Nothing !!!!! I mean, for me the Software is perfect

6 years ago

Thank you for your excellent feedback Anthony. We are very happy that you are satisfied with RepairDesk and we will continue to provide you with excellent updates and reliable customer support. We hope to have a very lasting relationship with you. Regards, RepairDesk

Dylan
Director in New Zealand

Drontech service and Support Review of Repair desk

Comments: Repair desk customer service is useless and is the most disappointing factor when using this product. Not helpful and it is extremely difficult to get customizations specifically for my business.

Pros:

the software is easy to operate, it captures all the data we need and stores them. It also keps track of our inventory

Cons:

Xero integration only works sometime. we continuously have issues pulling invoices from repair desk to Xero

Jonas
Owner in Canada
Wireless, 2–10 Employees

Repairdesk

Comments: We can now hand out or email a clean looking invoice to oir clients

Pros:

Repair desk is very easy to use, the whole process of gathering info about devices is seamless

Cons:

I have experienced a few bugs, overall the repair desk team is always there to help and makes it right

6 years ago

Thank you Jonas for your valuable feedback! We are happy that you are satisfied with RepairDesk and aim to make the system even easier and more convenient for you. Our development and customer support teams are working rigourously and smooth operations for you are our main priority. We hope to have a lasting relationship with you. Regards, RepairDesk

Regina
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Extremely fast setup and great customer service!

Comments: It saved our time so we could concentrate on the actual work and getting paid.

Pros:

We were looking for something that was easy to use and we did not have to start from scratch. We are very small, just a two person shop so did not have time or funding to go into a large POS system. This fit our needs and then some. The integration to our web site, vendors and credit card process is awesome! They had most of the phone repairs already populated with some pricing so we would not have to start from scratch. Quick and easy setup and the customer service is awesome!

Cons:

Does not integrate with our account program, but we are so small not using normal Quick Books, which it does integrate.

6 years ago

Thank you for being an awesome customer Regina & for your valuable feedback. We are happy that you are satisfied with RepairDesk and we aim to make the system even easier and more convenient for you. Our development and customer support team are working rigorously, and smooth operations on your end are our main priority. We have marked your suggestion and will work on it soon. We hope to have a lasting relationship with you.