• Overall
    4.2 /5
    4.2 /5
    4.1 /5

About SendPulse

Email marketing platform with additional channels: SMS, web push notifications and Facebook chatbots. Free plan includes 15,000 emails.

Learn more about SendPulse

Consultant
Management Consulting, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/9/2016

"Good but API is hard work"

Comments: So – I am going to caveat this whole thing with – if you’re not interested in using the API or you are not coming from another service with an existing API integration, this probably won’t apply to you. Summary: 2 different API’s, both awfully designed, both poorly documented, both with completely different authentication methods, credentials etc. however, the application itself is great, so if you’re not using the API, it’s probably fine. Full Review: SendPulse has a functional API, but it feels like it was created by someone that read a REST API book of best practices without really thinking about how people would / should use it. My biggest problem is the way authentication works (on the main API which is for sending your campaigns, managing subscriptions etc.), sure it follows all OAUTH standards, but this means you need to manage identify on your application so you send all the correct tokens etc., it feels very Salesforce, not Slack (if you have used either of these API’s you will know, Slack is easy, Salesforce is really really hard) – another comparison would be that it feels like IBM made this software when you are using the API, not a start-up. If you are coming from something like MailChimp – the MailChimp API is easy, send a request with your API key and whatever you are requesting happens or you get a meaningful response, I have seen many garbage responses from the SendPulse API – you cannot guarantee JSON will come back, sometimes you get HTML, sometimes you get a weird HTML 404 page with some Yahoo copyright notices all over it, it all depends on how mangled your request is – so on top of having to worry about handling identity, you need to handle all sorts of strange responses not just JSON – and therein lies the next problem – DOCUMENTATION: The API documentation is god-damn-awful, and because the API is quite complex and / or obscure in terms of how you request stuff, you often end up with garbage responses and have to trial-and-error how stuff works. SendPulse has created a bunch of libraries to make this easier, and if you want to hang your PHP application by using their library, then go ahead – but if you have some kind of background task manager you will probably have to write your own stuff, which in most cases would not be too hard, but because the documentation is sparse, I really struggled to do even the basic stuff with CURL on the command line – if I was to suggest anything, provide CURL examples like Slack does, at least that way I could reverse engineer the CURL to sort out the lack of actual documentation (again, it’s a problem because the API responds with junk HTML if you get your request wrong so you don’t know what is actually wrong and have to trial-and-error a lot). On top of all of this, if you are planning on using the SMTP send-alone API, you have a completely different authentication process – one that I still have no idea how to make work – this is what the documentation says about how to authenticate: http://i.imgur.com/sVAc3II.png (the original documentation is here, but I think you need to be logged in to view it: https://login.sendpulse.com/manual/smtp-api/) I personally have no idea how to authenticate against this SMTP API. I have not yet asked support about it because they are looking at something else for me that is more important, but I just don’t…….. what….. from the documentation (a required parameter to authenticate, IV): “iv – an initialization vector, encrypted by a public key with an OpenSSL Library usage” – what is this? Why is it never mentioned again? how do I get it? And most importantly, why on earth is it different to the (already convoluted) other OAUTH authentication on the main mail API? Anyway, to wrap this up, I picked up SendPulse because I needed both templated / campaign based email and SMTP / transactional email and I previously had MailChimp, but did not want to pay for Mandrill because my SMTP volumes were super low. SendPulse is fine, but I have wasted more time than the money I would have saved just using Mandril, however if you can get over all of this, the product is actually pretty good which is why I have not left a steamer of a review score, and as I said at the start, if you are not using the API it is great. I just hope they release a new version of the API that focuses on functionality rather than horrible REST standards (although I’m not convinced all of this is standards compliant), which I think have generally been thrown away by the new-wave tech start-ups so people can quickly deliver value.

Pros: Price
Web Interface
Email Builder

Cons: API
Can't use Email Builder emails in the SMTP email interface

• Reviewed on 13/9/2016
Aliaksandr B.
Marketing Expert
  • Reviewed on 27/1/2021

"Good Tool for Email marketer"

Comments: It is one of my favourites Email marketing tools. With a lot of good features and great analytics tools. It will be great if SendPulse will be better in cold emailing. So, if you want to start with Email marketing, you know what service to use.

Pros: Good pricing plans, nice delivery to recipients, web-push, Viber and SMS delivery.

Cons: For me it is template builder. He is so simple for me. I mean, he looks like for beginners.

• Reviewed on 27/1/2021
Kristen C.
Society Curator
Writing & Editing, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/11/2020

"Great for businesses just starting out"

Comments: I really haven't had any negative experiences with SendPulse, other than some minor complaints detailed in the "Cons" section of my review. They've been very helpful and friendly in fixing any issues I've had, and overall I've enjoyed working with this software.

Pros: I like the fact that it's inexpensive/free to use for most business owners with a small contact list. Most email marketing sites offer a pretty pitiful number of contacts/email campaigns for their free trials, and then hike the price up significantly for those who are in between just starting out and having a huge following. They don't have a lot in the way of ready-made templates, but it's easy enough to customize your own, and their interface is pretty user-friendly.

Cons: It can take a considerable amount of time between sending an email campaign, and the delivery of said email campaign. I also don't like that, after going through the proper steps to make my newsletters comply with standards, I may still be regarded as spam and not be delivered to the inbox of the person receiving the newsletter.

• Reviewed on 19/11/2020
Natalia C.
Human Resources Consultant
Human Resources, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/10/2018

"The service facilitates many tasks"

Pros: We use SendPulse for over a year. We chose this particular service, since the price for a subscription is on average 50% lower than that of competitors. At the same time, the functionality of the service is not inferior to them. Mailing automation works fine, the attached files do not disappear.

Cons: There are no complaints about the work of the service. But we had such a case, when for a month’s subscription, we had twice the amount withdrawn from the card. We wrote to the support service and in a month everything was returned. But why it did not happen to us explained.

• Reviewed on 13/10/2018
Recruitment Solutions Consultant / Sales
  • Reviewed on 18/1/2019

"A great marketing automation tool with a ton of features"

Comments: SendPlus was a great help to our marketing team. We would conduct some of our email and facebook campaigns manually (or rather not completely automated). We save a ton of time by switching.

Pros: This was the one tool we needed to automate all our marketing communications. From email campaigns to SMS, Facebook and even Viber. We used to use two separate tools for email and facebook campaigns. Their free plan is also great but lacks a couple of features that were critical for business use.

Cons: The step up from their free to paid plan seems small in terms of the benefits. This was one disappointment when signing but eventually SendPulse was a great addition to our marketing arsenal.

• Reviewed on 18/1/2019
Steven L.
Managing Partner
Professional Training & Coaching, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 8/1/2019

"Good for eNewsletters"

Comments: Overall, this product is a good tool to deliver newsletter. I don't use this to deliver sales or conversion types of email because it's not reliable enough to trust my sales to.

Pros: SendPulse is good for assembling newsletters. They have an easy to use, drag-and-drop template builder and a good set of editing options.

Cons: I don't like that despite enabling dkim and other deliverability features that many of my users either don't receive the newsletter or they go to spam. I have users who might receive it as spam and then a week later get it to their inbox, and a week later not receive it at all. This can get frustrating.

• Reviewed on 8/1/2019
Milthon R.
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 9/8/2018

"Good software for start ups"

Comments: good experience, easy to use and great interface

Pros: It is a good software for those entrepreneurs who are starting in the email marketing business, since you will have a very good experience. It has very good features that will allow you to develop an important part of your business that is email marketing

Cons: The number of contacts to send for free is very small and there are other applications that allow you to send much more without additional cost

• Reviewed on 9/8/2018
Anastasia Z.
UI/UX Designer
Banking, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/11/2019

"The best service for newsletters"

Pros: In SendPulse, you can quickly launch an ad campaign. Emails created on this platform rarely get users into spam, if done correctly. In addition to sending e-mails, in SendPulse you can set up sending via SMS. It turns out that the platform solves our two problems at once for the same money.

Cons: You need to take filters very seriously. If I configure mailing in SendPulse incorrectly, most messages will be sent to spam.

• Reviewed on 29/11/2019
Dmitry K.
Security & Investigations, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/6/2016

"Webpush + Email. Here's why we use SendPulse"

Comments: We started using SendPulse for our software company StaffCop to deliver webpush notifications to get better onboarding. Got incredible 45% CTR and 10% increase in the entire onboarding process. Two months later we decided to switch from MailChimp to SendPulse to create more intelligent email+webpush transactional platform

Pros: A one platform for email, webpush and text

Cons: can not recall quickly

• Reviewed on 17/6/2016
Mike S.
Media Strategist
  • Reviewed on 21/11/2018

"Best Software for Push Notifications"

Pros: I love using this to capture a push notifications subscription base. Pretty easy to set-up and they have an intuitive campaign builder.

Cons: Trying to remove the SendPulse branding buy paying for an account (they offer unlimtied free subscribers) but I haven't been able to get the payment to process yet.

• Reviewed on 21/11/2018
Lena S.
51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/6/2016

"Excellent Support"

Comments: It was simple to import contacts in to Sendpulse and their integration with other services made it easy for us to keep all our contact sheets updated. When we had questions we did not have to wait for an email response and just called them. That made the process so much faster. Over all very happy with results and their level of support

Pros: Awesome support.

• Reviewed on 20/6/2016
Michelle H.
Kindle Press Author
Internet, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 8/4/2018

"Useless if you have subscribers you're bringing with you."

Pros: It may have positives, but since it wouldn't allow me to import my subscribers the service was worthless to me.

Cons: I was unable to merge the subscribers from my website that had signed up for my newsletter which made the service worthless.

• Reviewed on 8/4/2018
  • Reviewed on 23/8/2016
Media Buyer
  • Reviewed on 4/11/2018

"Customer Communication Powerhouse"

Comments: Allowed use to move all our e-mail campaigns into other verticals and devices (SMS and web-push).

Pros: I like how SendPulse has the ability to send e-mail, SMS, web-push notifications at a fair price.

Cons: I didn't find any cans. I would like to see more tutorials and blogs that demonstrate all the features.

• Reviewed on 4/11/2018
Sam N.
Team Lead
2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/3/2018

"I don't like this service"

Pros: After a while, using this "miracle" service, my letters began to fly to the "ban". Technical support eventually solved this problem. But only after they exhausted me all the nerves. And, trite, thieves - write off money without warning.

Cons: The main disadvantage is that when registering, you will have to specify the details of the bank card. The payment will be written off automatically and without notice. Technical support leaves much to be desired.

• Reviewed on 12/3/2018
Robert C.
Sales Pro
Automotive, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 30/7/2018

"Use it every day"

Comments: The ability to send multiple personalized emails and sms message to my whole list or I can segment down to a small group. Very good value.

Pros: The best thing I like about sendpulse is ease of use. You can very easily set up a automated email flow along with sms message all in the same program. You can build custom temples emails and SMS message. You have the ability to use variables to make your campaign be more personalized. You can import emails or build them with HTML builder also. Click and drop email builders make it very simple. You also earn credits that can be used to pay for services. Customer support is fast and. Very helpful.

Cons: The big issue is speed, they do have an issue when it comes to. Page speed when saving email templets. It can be a little frustrating when you are trying to fix something small.

• Reviewed on 30/7/2018
  • Reviewed on 16/2/2019

"Multipurpose marketing platform"

Comments: A perfect marketing tool for small businesses, affiliates, startups, and bloggers.

Pros: SendPulse is an all-in-one marketing platform that offers multiple products including email marketing, web push, chatbots, sms marketing, and much more.
What I personally love is their drag-and-drop builder that lets you create an email without any issues. I have to say that their builder is flawless and works great as opposed to email builders of some other email providers that I have used in the past.
It integrates with leading apps and tools including Zapier which makes it a perfect choice for all types of businesses.
Not to mention, it is fairly cheap to use.

Cons: Their development team needs to fix bugs that bother users on and off such as lagging issue when using email builder tool.

• Reviewed on 16/2/2019
Anna M.
SMM-manager
2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/1/2018

"No cons of this service"

Comments: I have been doing e-mail for a long time and sendpulse is the fourth service I use. And this is the most convenient service I've tested, in which I will definitely continue to work. I did not find anything uncomfortable or complicated, everything is intuitively understandable.

Pros: Simple and convenient editor
View statistics, click-through, charts
Easy management of address books
Polite quick support with clear tips
Ability to create very beautiful push notifications
Dashboard for multiple users

Cons: I managed to study not one service of e-mailing, and all had shortcomings, but SendPulse is still pleased, everything works fine.

• Reviewed on 31/1/2018
Valentyna T.
Distribution Manager at APC
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 5/1/2019

"The service simplifies many tasks"

Pros: SendPulse has great templates and an intuitive interface. I like the support service working around the clock, seven days a week, so I can contact them at any time to resolve any issues that may arise.

Cons: Contacts can be sorted alphabetically. I would like SendPulse to implement the ability to edit images. Mobile application needs some work.

• Reviewed on 5/1/2019
Olga M.
Group Internal Auditor
Retail, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/1/2020

"More than just good service"

Pros: SendPulse does a great job with newsletters. Emails rarely get spammed, about 2 times per 100 emails. This is more than a satisfactory result. I also liked that the service allows me to conduct A / B testing and configure the client base.

Cons: Solutions for AMR-letters do not develop. Development froze at the initial stage, so this function is better not to use. There is also a problem with the support service - the operators respond in a standard manner and do not help to solve the problem.

by SendPulse on 29/1/2020

Thank you for your review, Olga! Points taken.

• Reviewed on 28/1/2020
Jafer S.
Senior Manager
Retail, 201-500 Employees
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 4/9/2017

"SendPulse review"

Pros: We are using send pulse for hotel booking and transactions . Send-pulse is one of the greatest companies I have been with in terms of email/newsletter marketing. Their push notifications are free to use and a great service. They reach over 200 countries which is great especially being in the international business world myself. Their privacy is optimal and they are always available 24/7 as well as their live chat.

• Source: SoftwareAdvice