15 years helping Irish businesses

About Lucidchart

Our online diagramming application makes it easy to map and share your business processes.

Learn more about Lucidchart

Pros:

Being cloud based give lucidchart a leg up on some of the other diagramming programs i've previously used. It integrates easily with confluence which is important for my documentation.

Cons:

The Lucidchart layout feels a bit dated, like something a decade or two behind times. However, being this is the most frustrating thing about the software, I'll take it.

Lucidchart ratings

4.3

8.6/10

Lucidchart has an overall rating of 4.5 out 5 stars based on 2,081 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Lucidchart before?

Filter reviews (2,081)

Business Platform Owner in US
Financial Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

A dream compared to Visio

Comments: Lucid has been a pleasure to work with, they incorporate the latest features and are constantly improving the product. They also provide excellent support with great resources and excellent training for the products.

Pros:

I like the ease of building flows and drawings. All the tools are readily available and visible and intuitive to work. I especially love the templates and the breadth of areas they cover.

Cons:

It takes users a little bit of time to become proficient with the interface as most are coming from tools like Power Point and are not used to moving the canvas along with moving objects. Once this is overcome the tool is a breeze to use.

Switched From: Visio

Reasons for Switching to Lucidchart: Visio provided more features at a similar or lower price point than licensing Visio Professional

Warren
HRD in UK
Financial Services, 51–200 Employees

Great Product

5.0 last month New

Pros:

i like you can upload an staff list into the system and it will create the org chart. I also love the drag& drop as it makes life easier when creating floor plans

Cons:

nothing really, I like the product it does everything we need at a fraction of the cost compared to visio.

Andy
Director in UK
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Ok diagraming software, would be better with a better UI

3.0 last month New

Pros:

Lucid has a free plan so you can give it a proper test drive, in most cases free 14 day trials arent enough to properly test out a bit of software. Also It integrates with Google Drive.

Cons:

The layout seems to overly complicated I'm quite a visual person so I should have fallen in Love with this software but it seems that doing basic things is more complicated than it needs to be.

Mohammed Abdul
Strategy Advisor in UK
Government Administration, 10,000+ Employees

Lucidchart your heart out!

Comments: Love it! I've gone back to this time and time again and this has never disappointed

Pros:

A fantastic website which allows you to use different functions to create various documents and diagrams. I have created multiple documents such as Strategy alignment chart and it didn't take long at all to do it.

Cons:

This does have a limit of 3 live documents per free user. Increasing will certainly bring more people to use this.

Lucien
VP of GTM in Italy
Information Technology & Services, 201–500 Employees

Lucidchart is a powerful tool but more for Enterprise

4.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Lucidchart is a fantastic tool with a lot of power but I would recommend doing an analysis to understand what you really need. If you are an agile business I would say Miro has recently toppled Lucidchart on many fronts.

Pros:

Arguably the most powerful feature in Lucidchart is the library of pre-built templates. As a young startup, often we struggled to conceptualise how best to map out a diagram or build a BPM. The lucidchart library made this much easier to search through the library and choose pre built templates which could be edited to suit our needs. The export to PDF was also important and valuable as we often downloaded charts for reports.

Cons:

Lucidchart is the leader but I feel like tools such as Miro have really taken over int terms of UX/UI. We used to all use Lucidchart but rather quickly, our team switched to Miro and started using that and very quickly this became the norm. Lucid doesn't have a desktop version which is a real blocker for a team in the tool all the time. Lucid also doesn't have a community driven library so all the templates are built in house.

Oliver
Solutions Architect in US
Computer Software, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Best Flowcharting Software on the market!

5.0 last month New

Pros:

Love all the integrations and icon packs Lucid has. The AWS Pack was very helpful as I work closely with AWS for building architectures.

Cons:

Difficulties with setting up SSO and integrating with my organization.

Joshua
Applications Specialist in Australia
Retail, 51–200 Employees

Easy to use and just works

5.0 last month New

Pros:

Easy solution to onboard and get every user behind. Especially important for us to building out particular business rules into flows.

Cons:

Nothing in particular, the product is as detailed and easy to use as it gets.

Sean
PM in UK
Financial Services, 201–500 Employees

Great for process mapping

4.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Ease of use - used this tool primarily for process mapping and found it great, super easy to use and collaborate - more so than competitors

Cons:

A more exhaustive feature set would definitely be beneficial. Should offer more AI features in line with close competitors so as to not fall behind!

Rahul
Rahul
Consultant in India
Marketing & Advertising, 51–200 Employees

Innovative Product !

4.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Powerful diagramming tool with good integration.

Pros:

Very easy to use product. Adoption and learning it was very easy and smooth. Very useful and it comes with various good features such as drag and drop. And interface is very simple and easy to use. Integration is also good.

Cons:

No major dislike. No desktop application is there.

Louis
Co-founder in UK
Retail, 2–10 Employees

Very good for process mapping

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Easy to access and collaborate in real-time. Also more intuitive compared to some other processing mapping softwares.

Cons:

Not as widely used and recognised compared to other similar softwares, so requires a time to familiarise with functionalities.

Publishing, 11–50 Employees

Makes Process Mapping Fun

Comments: It's been a great tool for our team over the years to help colleagues put their ideas and processes into visual form.

Pros:

Lucidchart has some incredible functionality that makes it easy to not only prepare a great flowchart to go into documentation but also to layer in relevant information based on the party that needs to see it as well as allowing the user to present the materials easily to a group of people or to share the work with others.

Cons:

At present there aren't many complaints. Minor issues with formatting shapes often come up, but that's primarily when I want to treat Lucidchart like a design tool such as InDesign rather than using it for creating process maps and doing other diagramming work that doesn't need the level of detail that ID or Photoshop provide.

Switched From: Visio

Reasons for Switching to Lucidchart: Both were offered through our organization on a trial basis for a year. Our project manager came to work for us a Visio user but after using Lucidchart (reluctantly at first) he quickly realized the benefits of switching to Lucidchart.

Oğuz
Game Designer in Sri Lanka
Computer Games, 2–10 Employees

Lucidchart: A Comprehensive Diagramming Tool for All Your Needs

Comments: Overall, Lucidchart is a great diagramming tool that makes creating visuals and diagrams fast and easy. Whether you're a professional or a novice user, Lucidchart provides the features that you need in order to create effective visuals.

Pros:

Lucidchart is an intuitive and easy to use diagramming tool that makes creating diagrams and visuals effortless. The user interface is clean and user-friendly and the range of shapes and symbols is truly impressive. Additionally, the integration with other applications makes it a great choice for any team.

Cons:

Unfortunately, Lucidchart can be slow at times and when dealing with large projects, it can be difficult to keep track of the changes that have been made. Additionally, the subscription service can be pricey for some users.

Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Easy to use charting software with a wide range of advanced features

Comments: I was able to create flowcharts for marketing processes and export them to PDF for sharing with my client with a minimum of fuss. The outlay is small compared to a fully-fledged application like Microsoft Visio, even though it seems to have a similarly large feature set.

Pros:

It was very easy to get up and running with Lucidchart - the enormous collection of starter templates meant that I was able to find a similar chart to the one I needed to create and get the right objects loaded up straight away. The interface is very similar to a desktop application, despite the fact that it's running in a browser - it even has keyboard shortcuts. There are tons of features and integrations that I never even got around to using, as my charting requirements were quite simple.

Cons:

The sheer range of features available in the software was a little daunting at first. A simpler interface for people who only need a subset of features might be a helpful addition.

Alternatives Considered: SmartDraw

Reasons for Choosing Lucidchart: I didn't want to invest in a new licence of Visio, and found that Lucidchart had all the features I needed for a much smaller financial commitment.

Switched From: Visio

Reasons for Switching to Lucidchart: The lower cost was the initial reason, but after using Lucidchart for a while, I believe it offers a better user experience.

Thomas
Thomas
CEO in Poland
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Collaboratively work on an idea to workflow to wireframe prototype all in one place

Comments: Very positive as it was very easy to collaboratively and remotely discuss new ideas, work flows and prototypes in one hub, instead of switching tools.

Pros:

The clean interface and real-time collaboration helps boost efficiency and creativity as we can quickly take an idea and break it down to iterate on together.

Cons:

Performance can be slower when dealing with larger, more complex diagrams. Additionally, the learning curve can be quite steep, especially when moving beyond basic diagrams and functionality, needs better guidance.

Alternatives Considered: draw.io , FigJam , Whimsical and Figma

Reasons for Choosing Lucidchart: User interface and former team members using the product was the main reason we switched

Switched From: Whimsical

Reasons for Switching to Lucidchart: User interface, ease of use, former team members using LucidChart and the pricing point were the most important factors

Timothy
Software Consultant in US
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Great for Collaboration

Comments: I would highly recommend lucid chart, really a great tool. With the biggest upside being collaboration and source of truth file storage using their SAAS platform.

Pros:

I love the ability to share diagrams using lucid charts, and having all my source diagrams stored in one location is a game changer for me. I only wish my last job paid for this tool, as it has been a huge help and time saver with diagramming and managing version changes. Great price, and easy to export and share which are huge upsides to this tool

Cons:

there are small things that are annoying about lucidchart. Nothing to keep me from using it, but things that make it difficult: - no paste formatter (at least not that I can find) - The 'full screen' mode doesn't set up well for presentations. It would be nice to have a 'presentation' mode. But alas I can't find a button for that either. - some shapes are missing, they do really well to keep the icons for different cloud providers up to date, but finding extra shapes like different pointed stars, can be surprisingly difficult. Nothing too difficult, but not the most friendly in regards to shapes.

Daniel
Strategic Partnerships Manager in Australia
Hospital & Health Care, 201–500 Employees

Lucidchart: The Best Diagramming Software

Comments: Overall, Lucidchart is an excellent diagramming software and offers impressive features at a very reasonable price. For its ease of use, sharp look, and great value, I would wholeheartedly recommend Lucidchart to anyone who needs to create a diagram.

Pros:

Lucidchart is definitely one of the best diagramming software out there and it is very beginner friendly. This is shown in the fact that 99% of the Fortune 500 companies use LucidChart. There are countless templates to choose from that look professional and clean. The web app is incredibly responsive and smooth to use, which can be experienced when resizing and moving elements on a canvas. The user experience is really good all around and the user interface is straightforward and intuitive. There are also mobile apps available which is useful to have. Not only this but Lucidchart also has great collaboration features that allow users to work together on a diagram in real time. Moreover, Lucidchart has many keyboard shortcuts to make work a lot more efficient and fast. They are quite conventional among diagramming software so it took me very little time to learn. There is also a layering feature in Lucidchart which intuitively allows you to create diagrams within diagrams. In diagrams, there are also smart diagrams which keep your diagram clean and tidy.

Cons:

Lucidchart does not have any desktop apps which may be a disadvantage but the web app can be used offline and is as fast as any desktop app. Also the customer support is not great as other competition and there is no easy way to contact the support.

Senior Engineer in Kenya
Computer Hardware, 51–200 Employees

Agrxis Review on Lucidchart

Comments: My overall experience with Lucidchart has been excellent. I now work with my team and generate diagrams in a completely new style as a result. Designing diagrams, flowcharts, and mind maps with a polished appearance is surprisingly simple because to the user-friendly interface and wide selection of shapes and icons. It has been a game-changer for me to be able to collaborate in real-time with clients and coworkers, even when we are separated by distance. My productivity has been further increased by the integration with other well-known programs like Google Drive and Microsoft Office. My work has benefited greatly from Lucidchart's ability to share and export diagrams in a variety of formats. The customer service staff has also been outstanding, swiftly resolving any queries or problems I had.

Pros:

I am absolutely thrilled with Lucidchart and all that it has to offer. As someone who values visual communication and effective collaboration, Lucidchart has become an indispensable tool in my professional toolkit. What I love most about Lucidchart is its intuitive and user-friendly interface. Creating diagrams, flowcharts, and mind maps has never been easier. The drag-and-drop functionality allows me to effortlessly design and organize my ideas, resulting in visually appealing and easy-to-understand visuals. The collaboration features of Lucidchart are also top-notch. I can invite team members to collaborate in real-time, making it seamless to work together, share feedback, and iterate on our diagrams. Moreover, Lucidchart integrates smoothly with other popular productivity tools, enabling me to embed my diagrams in documents, presentations, and even websites. The extensive library of templates and shapes provided by Lucidchart saves me valuable time and inspires creativity, allowing me to create professional-looking diagrams in no time. The customer support offered by Lucidchart is exceptional, always ready to assist and provide timely solutions to any queries or issues. Overall, Lucidchart has revolutionized the way I communicate complex ideas and collaborate with my team. It is a game-changer in visualizing concepts and fostering effective teamwork. I highly recommend Lucidchart to anyone looking for a powerful and user-friendly diagramming tool.

Cons:

Despite the fact that I had a great time using Lucidchart for my diagramming and visual communication needs, there were a few areas where I felt it might be improved. The restricted number of templates offered in the free version was one aspect that stuck out. Despite the fact that the given templates were of a good caliber, I hoped there were more options available, particularly for particular industries or use cases.

Matthew
Senior Operations Manager in US
Insurance, 51–200 Employees

Beats Vizio Hands Down!

Comments: I am responsible for projects that are needed to enhances processes for my department, and Lucidchart has made this a million times easier than it was when I used Vizio. I also have to create the process flows for my staff, and again this has made my life so much easier, and given me a lot of time back in my which is simply priceless!

Pros:

The ease of use, and pre-made templates for all things 'flow' are phenomenal. I used to use Vizio, but Lucidchart is so much easier, and intuitive, to use. I use for everything from org charts to project/process flows - have even used to make a floor plan for our department.

Cons:

There is nothing I have come across yet that would be a negative from me. I have used templates from almost every section and have others throughout the organization using it now too.

Biotechnology, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Lucidchart - great tool for diagrams

Comments: Lucidchart has been an easy to learn, useful diagramming tool. it's extremely simple to integrate with atlassian tools which makes it all the more valuable for my organization. There are minor quirks of the tool, but overall, a great value for the price.

Pros:

being cloud based give lucidchart a leg up on some of the other diagramming programs i've previously used. it integrates easily with confluence which is important for my documentation.

Cons:

responsiveness can lag at times; however, the ease of accessibility outweighs any slowness. the "canned" color fill selections could be improved for efficiency in customizing content. Lastly, the user interface is not as intuitive as other programs. I often find myself having to use the help/search box to find out where to find a specific feature/funcion.

Prudencia
Prudencia
Technician in Energy and Thermal Engineering in France
Research, 51–200 Employees

Very Helpful

Pros:

I find Lucidchart to be the most advantageous because of its effortless and simple to use interface. It helps me generate proficient diagrams in a short amount of time and the templates and examples make it easier for me to initiate the process. Moreover, its capacity for real-time collaboration with a team is a time and energy saver, making it an optimal tool for mapping and arranging data.

Cons:

I don't have many qualms with Lucidchart; however, it can be time-consuming to relocate the arrows and lines. For me, it is more efficient to erase the lines and arrows before adjusting the boxes and then putting them back.

Lukas
Senior Full Stack Engineer in US
Automotive, 501–1,000 Employees

A must have for technical leaders

Comments: It has made so many things easier in terms of visual understanding. If you're a visual learner it's a godsend. Whether I'm tooling on my own project on my own, and it helps me understand a flow I want to implement, or I need to communicate a complex project proposal to a larger audience, LucidChart is where it's at!

Pros:

I like how easily you can duplicate diagrams with ctrl+D and connect shapes and label everything. Luid also makes it really easy to color code everything and you can copy styles on to different shapes. Also, they make visualizing data in a distributed system really streamlined with their ERD import tool that let's you import data from a SQL database(we use PostgreSQL) and automatically generate ERD diagrams for your whole team to use!!!

Cons:

In LucidSpark, they have a really cool JIRA integration where you can visualize JIRA tickets and their statuses are automatically updated. I wish that LucidChart had that too. Otherwise, everything is great!!

Elvis
Registry Officer in Kenya
Capital Markets, 11–50 Employees

Lucidchart diagrams are the secret to visualizing work process.

Comments: We have achieved a new and more beneficial work strategy with Lucidchart where we create flowcharts and diagrams to have virtual representation of our work project and processes. This gives us accurate oversight on the work that we are supposed to do and this allows to focus on the work.

Pros:

Lucidchart helped us come to an understanding that better work results are relevant if you have a clear visuals of the work. It offers quality diagraming tools like flowcharts which makes it easy to have typical representation on the entire work process from start to completion. With Lucidchart, we are able to understand what work is needed of us and this helps us keep focus on what we are doing. Plus there us no manual drawing of flowcharts as we can use the AI tools to the work for us.

Cons:

Our great times with Lucidchart has always lasted since the start and we have not seen and flaws about it.

Paul
Analyst in UK
Computer & Network Security, 1,001–5,000 Employees

LucidChart has great tutorials

Comments: Once I gave it a good chance and learnt to use it correctly it soon become something I use daily! The website tutorials are great and free. Also lucidspark is now included, it’s the same as Miro.

Pros:

It’s a game changer for sharing ideas. Workshopping with stakeholders and getting your thoughts onto a page. Check the tutorials and you’ll go from this is okay to this is awesome!

Cons:

Network dependant can cause issues. Sometimes the test doesn’t update fast and needs refreshing a lot. I had to spend a decent amount of time to learn tricks to make using lucid enjoyable to use.

Mining & Metals, 51–200 Employees

Lucidchart Review

Comments: I used Lucidchart for my diagram and org chart projects and was impressed by its ease of use and real-time collaboration functionality. Although there are limitations on some advanced features and the pricing is relatively high, I highly recommend this platform for anyone looking for a user-friendly and professional diagram and org chart creation tool.

Pros:

I used Lucidchart for 11 months for creative project management, diagrams, org charts, and wireframing. I was extremely impressed with how user-friendly the platform was. The diagram creation tools were intuitive and allowed for the quick creation of professional and visually appealing graphics. I also appreciated the ability to work collaboratively in real-time with colleagues, which led to increased productivity and better-quality outcomes. Integrations with other applications such as Google Drive were also very convenient.

Cons:

Although I was very satisfied with the user-friendliness of the platform, I found that some advanced features were limited. For example, customization of colors and shapes was not as extensive as I would have liked, and there were limits on the number of shapes and colors that could be used. Additionally, I found that the pricing was relatively high, which can be a drawback for those on smaller budgets.

Kevin
Kevin
Business Manager in US
Education Management, 11–50 Employees

Think modern Visio

Pros:

This is an ideal alternative for Visio. It may not be as powerful but it has lots of useful features and is very user friendly. We use this product on a weekly basis for mapping processes, layouts, charts etc.

Cons:

Some print options could be clearer. If you want to print out over say 6 pages it can be difficult to manipulate this.

Reasons for Choosing Lucidchart: Visio is expensive