15 years helping Irish businesses

About UpKeep

UpKeep is an Asset Operations Management solution combining CMMS, EAM, and APM for maintenance, reliability and operations teams.

Learn more about UpKeep

Pros:

Loved being able to just jump right in and create work orders. Keeping track of time and material cost was very helpful.

Cons:

Requester's sometimes log out of it and forget what their password is.

UpKeep ratings

4.6
4.7
4.4
4.6

8.9/10

UpKeep has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 1,328 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used UpKeep before?

Filter reviews (1,328)

Dirk
Dirk
Director of Operations in US
Real Estate, 11–50 Employees

Crucial Team Management

Comments: This creates the foundation for extensive maintenance records, historical tracking of problems, inventory, and more. It allows you to monitor your entire portfolio on a macro and micro level.

Pros:

Functionality. This cloud-based task manager functions at the level that works for you. Whether you're assigning basic tasks at a complex you own and manage or inspecting individually tagged pieces of hardware this is essential. The accountability from a required signature showing this task has been done is reassuring. Should there be a hang-up or question UpKeep's customer service is there to help you through it.

Cons:

The initial challenge is determining the depth at which to utilize this software most effectively. Whenever an organization chooses to go with a task manager, it is only effective as the degree to which your staff buys into it.

Alternatives Considered: monday.com and Asana

Reasons for Choosing UpKeep: As we grew we needed better tracking and filtering. We lacked the ability to pull the reports we needed before.

Reasons for Switching to UpKeep: The tailored approach to real estate.

5 years ago

Hi Dirk, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for UpKeep! We're so happy to hear that UpKeep is serving your team for tasks and projects big & small. The fact that the signature feature has provided a layer of accountability for your team is amazing! We're glad that the ability to historically track your work at a micro and macro level is helping you take the team to the next level. If you ever do need assistance in developing your maintenance program using UpKeep, feel free to reach out to your dedicated Customer Success Manager. Our team will follow up with you to connect your team to this dedicated resource. Thank you again for leaving us a great review. We really do take and appreciate your feedback seriously!

Rick
Facility Manager in US
Religious Institutions, 51–200 Employees

Perfect CMMS for my Needs

Comments: Using Upkeep has been an easy process, and it helps keep everything in one place. I also like the fact that our Operations Manager sees everything that I do, from creation of work orders, to updates, and completion of work orders.

Pros:

The free features are perfect for my use. My day is all about work orders, and being able to manage these work orders easily makes my day easier. We used to use paper work orders, which I had to fill out, file, and then track in another file. I would then need to create a separate report to send to the property team for review. I like having the ability to have everything in one place, without having to create so many separate reports.

Cons:

Nothing about this software is difficult to use. I do wish more was offered in the free version, such as reporting. I was able to use it during the free trial, but now am using the free version, in which reporting is only available in paid versions. I understand that this is how the company makes money, and I will be making the switch to a paid version when it is approved in our new budget. One thing that bugs me and hope gets fixed, is during the work order creation. I have over 120 locations and sub-locations. When I create a work order and choose the location, you should be able to begin typing the location in the box and it should self-populate the box. Right now, only the main locations will self-populate, not the sub-locations. I only have three main locations, and all the rest are sub-locations, so I have to scroll to search for the exact location I need. It's nothing major, but just an annoyance, and I hope this will be fixed soon so that any location will self-populate the box when you begin typing it.

Alternatives Considered: MAPCON and ManWinWin

Reasons for Switching to UpKeep: Pricing was better for what you get. ManWinWin was way to technical, and made more for factories. Mapcon may have worked and it seemed to be pretty user-friendly as well, and I did try their free trial, but it kept crashing my computer every single time.

Technical Services Supervisor in US
Utilities, 11–50 Employees

Not Too Happy So Far

2.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

If the system worked properly I would be happy with it. unfortunately at this time the system is frustrating to work with.

Cons:

contacted [sensitive content hidden] at customer service in regards to the scrolling issue that i am experiencing. [sensitive content hidden] brought it up @ 3 weeks ago at a "Bug" meeting. i have not seen a resolution and have not recived an update. i did ge a temporary work around that is not that great for me. also non of the techs can get the book mark feature to work at all.

Head of Service in US
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51–200 Employees

Excellent tool for technology company that needs affordable CMMS

Comments: UpKeep has been very helpful in guiding us through adoption of the platform and providing us the tools needed to expand our capabilities and record keeping. This is an excellent platform that has helped us build our service delivery platform

Pros:

UpKeep is easily configured and very flexible to meet our very unique business model. The support team has been outstanding throughout our implementation and continues to provide top notch service to guide us through new challenges. I appreciate the relatively low cost against the market to all us to grow with the product and add licenses without significant cost

Cons:

The platform is designed for a more traditional break/fix style work force management application. It has forced us to adapt some of our (albeit maturing) processes to meet the capability within the platform in order to capture the data and detail that we are looking for.

Jonathan
Clinical Engineering Director in US
Hospital & Health Care, 51–200 Employees

Best overall usability

Comments: Overall, this is the best CMMS we have used. I did sample the top 10 for a year before deciding and upKeep was the best because of easy of use in the field. This software saves time by reducing paperwork and admin tasks.

Pros:

I sampled many different CMMS programs and upKeep was the only software that made the cut. This software is actually usable in the field.

Cons:

There are a few additional features I would like to see. I would like to be able to set exact permissions per user. the amount of administrative data available to Limited Technician renders some functionality not usable. Not everyone needs a list of all vendors and customers. There needs be a permissions checkbox to limit some access and functionality per user. Depending on how this software is used, it could cause an issue. would you want everyone in your company to have a list of our all your customers and vendors? for this reason. We avoid using some features and have not upgraded to the business package.

Alternatives Considered: MicroMain, eMaint CMMS and Fiix

Reasons for Choosing UpKeep: MicroMain was not mobile friendly. Their software created a full time position managing CMMS. UpKeep app does most of the work and cuts need of creating this position.

Switched From: MicroMain

Reasons for Switching to UpKeep: Usability in the field. Great intuitive interface in browser and app.

4 years ago

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! We're glad to hear our software is helping you and your team track work orders! Our team is always making improvements and adding new features to the application based on customer feedback. Feel free to visit our support page if you ever have any questions: https://www.onupkeep.com/customersupport/ Thanks again!

Jeff
Electrical and Mechanical maintenance manager in US
Mining & Metals, 51–200 Employees

A great choice for a intuitive CMMS

Comments: Immediately we are seeing the benefits of using UpKeep. It has helped to reduce the confusion of where someone left off or waiting for parts to arrive to complete the repair.

Pros:

Uploading our plant information, including over 4,000 spare parts that we have cataloged was very easy. We were able to keep our spare part numbers and mirrored the layout of UpKeep with our own spare parts system, which in turn helped the plant personnel with the implementation.

Cons:

I would like to see the ability to add daily equipment checklists, that can be performed at a minimum twice daily and were generated automatically at a predetermined time. We currently make rounds through the plant and require our personnel to record the check.

Alternatives Considered: eWorkOrders CMMS, Hippo CMMS, eMaint CMMS and Fiix

Reasons for Choosing UpKeep: It wasn’t user friendly and took a tremendous amount of time to manage.

Reasons for Switching to UpKeep: Hands down, I was impressed with how intuitive UpKeep appeared. I can’t say enough about how important it is to have the buy in of the plant personnel who use the platform. My guys were very nervous about another CMMS platform, based on their previous experience. They are excited and I have heard nothing but positive remarks about our new system.

Ryan
Maintenance Manager in US
Food & Beverages, 51–200 Employees

A great start!

Comments: My experience over the first month with UpKeep has been very positive. The team in California have been checking in to provide support and they've sent us a ton of QR labels for our assets and stock room. I have worked with five different CMMSs over the past several years and have been responsible for two implementations. This has been the smoothest and easiest one so far... configuration has been easy and it's been warmly welcomed by my team and the organization as a whole.

Pros:

The ease of use and functionality check all of the boxes I was looking for. I get updates on my phone, can track work, and share what we're doing throughout our organization in a way that is simple to understand. The cost and very low barrier to entry has been a huge plus as well.

Cons:

There have been little quirks with the system that have taken a little getting used to. Updating PMs or creating a PO, for example, can be difficult when you click off the screen to update a piece of that (check list, asset, or part) and then the whole thing that was being worked on is lost. Having discreet location differences for assets and stock rooms would be nice, too.

Alternatives Considered: IBM Maximo Application Suite, eMaint CMMS, Fiix and Maintenance Care

Reasons for Switching to UpKeep: Low cost, low barrier to entry, and the ease of hitting the ground running (fast) is why we've gone with, and are going to continue with, UpKeep.

4 years ago

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! We all LOVE your dinks! We're glad to hear our software is helping you and your team manage your assets and facility! Our team is always making improvements and adding new features to the application based on customer feedback. I've shared yours with our product manager. Feel free to visit our support page if you ever have any questions: https://www.onupkeep.com/customersupport/ Thanks again!

Paul
Production supervisor in Canada
Automotive, 51–200 Employees

Very User Friendly

Comments: UpKeep is helping us to formally document what maintenance we have been doing all along. it also allows everyone to see what is happening and when, which assists in scheduling. Proper documentation of maintenance is becoming a necessity to maintain our current customers and attract new business. In setting up our system, it also provided an opportunity to exam our current practices and make some improvements.

Pros:

We are using UpKeep for our maintenance needs throughout the facility. I made an outline to help me plan how I wanted things to work and it was easy to tailor the system to all of our needs. I found the meters particularly useful. There is plenty of videos online available for those of us who learn visually. (like me)

Cons:

To date we haven't really found a downside to the software. Like most new programs there is a period of adjustment, but it was very brief.

Alternatives Considered: FaciliWorks CMMS and Fiix

Reasons for Switching to UpKeep: UpKeep seemed to be the most cost effective, user friendly method to achieve our goals.

4 years ago

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! We're glad to hear our software is helping you and your team maintain your facility. Our team is always making improvements and adding new features to the application based on customer feedback. I've shared yours with our product manager. Feel free to visit our support page if you ever have any questions: https://www.onupkeep.com/customersupport/ Thanks again!

Federico
Federico
CEO in Brazil
Banking, 2–10 Employees

Great tool to Manage your Assets

Comments: Our overall experience using UpKeep is very good because this solution has provided accountability and transparency in the use of our assets (owned and rented)

Pros:

This is a great solution to manage the assets, we were having issues controlling the location and distribution of our rented laptops and electronic equipment provided to consultants, after implementing the solution we were able to locate, manage and renew our equipment without effort. We also use it to track work orders because their reporting capabilities work very good with out ERP.

Cons:

The main con would be its price, $45 per user is a little high for many small businesses budget. Since this is an important tool the training in using it is a little hard but necessary. In addition we believe the permissions management needs a little more work.

Alternatives Considered: MVP Plant and IFS Cloud

Reasons for Choosing UpKeep: We made the switch because we needed a robust application that were able to track our assets and work with our ERP.

Switched From: MVP Plant, IFS Cloud and Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to UpKeep: We have chosen UpKeep because in our analysis the cost / benefit ratio was the highest.

Lillian
Lillian
Human Resources Generalist in US
Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ Employees

UpKeep simplifies facility management!

Comments: Because of UpKeep, keeping track of maintenance is now a streamlined operation. Work orders may be monitored and scheduled with ease thanks to the app's straightforward design. Task delegation and real-time updates help the whole team stay on the same page.

Pros:

My team's maintenance management has been greatly improved thanks to UpKeep. Thanks to the app's intuitive design and constant updates, keeping track of and planning out tasks has never been simpler. If you're wanting to simplify your maintenance management procedures, go no further than UpKeep.

Cons:

Insufficient personalization choices may exist in UpKeep's work order forms. Improvements in functionality for the mobile app are needed.

Alec
Maintenance Lead Technician in US
Automotive, 5,001–10,000 Employees

New User

Comments: Originally all work orders were recorded on paper, Upkeep eliminated that process. It also provided a more accurate way to track productivity of technicians as well as monitor frequency of maintenance performed on certain lifts.

Pros:

Data saved online; removes the need for a local server Easy to use and understand Comes as an App also that can be used on your phone

Cons:

Plans are a little expensive Starter plan should allow an administrator and at least one limited-technician or its useless Slow process of getting all parts & assets added into the program.

Alternatives Considered: Hippo CMMS and eMaint CMMS

Reasons for Choosing UpKeep: Upkeep was by far more user friendly and is more easily adaptable to today's work environment regarding implementation and utilization of web-based technology.

Reasons for Switching to UpKeep: This product seemed to fit better with what we do on a daily basis.

4 years ago

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! We're glad to hear our software is helping you and your team manage your facility! Our team is always making improvements and adding new features to the application based on customer feedback. I've shared yours with our product manager. Feel free to visit our support page if you ever have any questions: https://www.onupkeep.com/customersupport/ Thanks again!

simon
Solar Technician in UK
Renewables & Environment, 501–1,000 Employees

Using upkeep for solar farm maintenance reporting.

Comments: Upkeep has helped hugely in showing clients what we actually do and giving them real times as to how long process may take. Before a list of times and costs were all clients received as to now a full report which shows the lengths taken to complete the tasks .

Pros:

The software is very easy to use on many different formats. Being able to report in real time is very helpful in the field and reports can be generated very easy for instant use. The end reports are very professional and and look the part. Photos added to reports are a good for clients to be able to see the works carried out and being able to add many photos to as many different topics i may need is great.

Cons:

The application needs to have either 3g, 4g or wifi for real time this is great in areas with these capabilities but most solar farms in the middle of no where meaning i need to take photos and write my reports after i have done my job and returned to an area with wifi etc. Also only being able to upload 1 photo at a time makes the process drawn out as you have to keep going back to the report and then finding the photo you need...... There have also been instances when working in areas with 4g etc that reports that have been worked on have lost all info meaning they have to been done again.

5 years ago

Hi Simon, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review! I'm so excited that UpKeep has improved your ability to show all the hard work that you and your team are doing!!! Our mission is to empower you all in exactly that way to help you to get recognition for the work that might otherwise go unnoticed. In terms of the app needing 3G, 4G, or WiFi, the reason for this is to be able to send and receive updates in real time, especially in cases where team members may be spread across different locations. Providing more offline services may be something we can do in the future, but we hope it's not too much of an inconvenience at the time!

Sekou Djibril
Fondateur Président de CSK in Guinea
Accounting, 2–10 Employees

UpKeep: An effective maintenance management tool for your business

Pros:

User-friendly interface: UpKeep offers a simple and intuitive user interface, which makes it easy to get started with the software for new users. Common tasks such as creating work orders or scheduling jobs can be done with just a few clicks.Proactive maintenance management: UpKeep lets you easily track work orders, service requests, and preventive maintenance tasks for your business. This allows you to resolve issues before they become critical and minimize downtime.Cross-Platform Availability: UpKeep is available on multiple platforms, including desktop, iOS and Android mobile devices, and the web. This allows you to access your maintenance data anytime, anywhere.Integration with other business management tools: UpKeep integrates with other business management tools such as Zapier, Quickbooks, and Slack, making it easy to integrate with your existing processes.Excellent customer support: UpKeep offers quality customer support, with a responsive support team and online training resources to help users get the most out of the software.In short, UpKeep is an excellent choice for companies looking to improve their maintenance management and optimize their processes.

Cons:

High cost: UpKeep can be relatively expensive compared to other maintenance management software on the market, especially for small businesses. Pricing plans start from $35 per user per month, which can be a significant investment for some businesses.Customization limits: UpKeep offers limited options in terms of customizing the user interface and work order structure. If you need a high level of customization, this can be a drawback.Internet dependency: UpKeep is cloud-based, which means you need a reliable internet connection to access the software. If your business does not have a stable internet connection, this could cause accessibility issues.Limited reporting capabilities: UpKeep offers basic reporting options, but some companies may find the reporting capabilities limited. If you need detailed custom reports for your business, UpKeep may not be the best choice.Learning curve: Although the user interface is user-friendly, some features of UpKeep may require a certain learning curve, especially for users who are unfamiliar with maintenance management software.In summary, UpKeep may not be suitable for all businesses due to its higher costs and some limitations in customization, reporting and internet dependency. However, for companies looking for easy-to-use maintenance management software with good customer support, UpKeep can be an attractive option.

Alternatives Considered: Instagram

Jamie
Grounds & Buildings Manager in US
Events Services, 11–50 Employees

A very strong start, but a long way to go yet.

Comments: We all like it, but the glitches are too slow at being corrected. I really don't want to switch companies but it has come up recently. I like working with the support team, they always seem very willing to help. Unfortunately the solutions they provide are hardly ever agreeable with me. I think that is usually no fault of theirs, but rather that we keep reaching the end of the program's capabilities. That is frustrating for me.

Pros:

I really love the layout and the ease of use. I also appreciate the diverse application to many different uses. The fact that you can access it from a phone or a computer is amazing. Very convenient that way.

Cons:

RECURRING WORK ORDERS! There are so many glitches when you start making work orders recur. I've tried my best to provide feedback on this because it is really starting to be a deal breaker but the problems continue. 1) duplicates pop up constantly and they don't go away easily. 2) The scheduling options for recurring work orders is totally bad. Model it after Google Calendar first, then add options to make it more detailed. The fact that you can't schedule seasonal tasks without some silly back-end procedure to duplicate the work orders every year is highly frustrating. 3) Gonna need a little more flexibility in the different categories of user. My techs need to be able to create their own work orders without being a complete access administrator. There should be something in between. I trust my guys and they know their jobs, I don't need to make all their work orders for them. 4) I'd like to see some improvement in the template modules. I've not been able to benefit from them realistically even though I've tried. When you go to add them into a work order it just never seems to make much sense.

Alexander
Alexander
Director in US
Hospitality, 201–500 Employees

UpKeep: A Fantastic Tool for Maintenance

Comments: Overall, UpKeep was incredibly valuable to my teams, which were dispersed across several locales. It helped keep my maintenance team much more organized than they would have been without it. I highly recommend it.

Pros:

UpKeep is an excellent tool to help you keep your maintenance projects organized, prioritized, and clearly communicated, particularly when working across dispersed locations. UpKeep allows you to centralize communication into on central database where you can communicate repairs, maintenance, and regularly scheduled preventative maintenance in once location. You have the capacity to analyze all repairs that have occurred historically, log expenses against those repairs, and make intelligent decisions on whether to repair or replace based on that information. This eliminates the need for phone calls, emails, texts, and every other communication method that can confuse maintenance supervisors. It helps prioritize so that your maintenance team can be most effective. You can also add as much detail into the repair requests to make sure the repair needed is very clear. Plus you can add photos.

Cons:

Like most tools, the ramp up and learning stages take a bit of time. If you want to use the tool to its fullest, you'll need to manually input significant amounts of data and have access to historical data on expenses, SKUs, etc. A second challenge is that your maintenance team may feel as if they are pulled away from actual repair work in order to perform the administrative work needed to maintain the tool.

5 years ago

Hi Alexander, Thanks for the review! I completely understand the learning curve can be frustrating when learning a new software. However, I am confident that if you compare it to other apps in the CMMS space, you'll find it fairly intuitive. Also, we have loads of video tutorials on our YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ewS5K1zt6TOpZBfXx8Yfw/featured) and an amazing customer support team that's available for you if you need more support! Don't hesitate to reach out at https://www.onupkeep.com/support.

Pat
IT in US
Entertainment, 51–200 Employees

Great CMMS program, with excellent support with quick turnaround.

Comments: Upkeep is an upcoming and better with cloud-based maintenance management system. We have been with them for couple of years now and have seen the program emerge and provide better ROI for our organization. It is excellent product for multi facility and has best API integrations opportunities.

Pros:

The ability to snap a picture at the site and upload it to Preventative Maintenance Schedule is great. Their support and programmers have directly worked with us to enhance and implement features they were missing upon our suggestions. It’s a good company with great people. They also have excellent training videos which help end-user to get started with minimum learning curve.

Cons:

The one cons about the program is the pricing structure, which should be more flexible depending on the amount of usage, as some of our site users do not have to use it but we still pay the premium.

5 years ago

Hey Pat. it's awesome that you've been using UpKeep since our early days. And thanks for recognizing our efforts to implement new features based on customer feedback. We think that's the best way to evolve! Regarding your comment about pricing and limited-usage users, I recommend taking a look at our different user types again: https://onupkeep.com/customersupport/help-learning/people-teams/what-are-the-different-user-types-within-upkeep/ There might be some instances where site users don't actually need paid licenses and can benefit just as much from an unpaid license (e.g. view-only user).

Jennifer
Property Manager in US
Real Estate, 1,001–5,000 Employees

A streamline way for you business to keep everone on task and on the same page. Even on mobile.

Comments: I am able to view both of my storage properties and know at any time what is going on with unit maintenance, vendor maintenance, scheduling and repairs... I don't have to pick up the phone, or send an email, or wait for a response... It's right there at my fingertips. It is an incredibly useful tool.

Pros:

The BIGGEST plus about this software is you don't have to have access to a desktop to use it... You can use it right from your smartphone. It is user friendly AND cost effective. We use it at our storage facility to keep tabs on preventative maintenance, inventory, Emails, photos, scheduling, and for our vendors. Everything is kept in one place, and everyone can have access to it so nobody skips a beat... It also allows you to be able to keep more than one facility at a time so that you can keep on task with all of your properties. I really enjoy using the program.

Cons:

It does take a second to configure everything towards the application of your business. This is a streamline software that is general in the sense that it can be used in various applications like restaurants, property management, and construction and what not so you kind of have to set it up to make it work for you... The great thing about that is that you can call customer support anytime you might need help with a step and they be able to help you out. If your familiar with computers or your cell phone this won't be an issue for you. If you are not as comfortable with electronics, it may take a minute for you to become familiar with the program, as with any program.

James
Team Leader - Maintenance in US
Facilities Services, 2–10 Employees

UpKeep Review for Condo Association Application

Comments: My work experience primarily dealt with using large, enterprise-type systems. I was surprised to find that UpKeep provided features as standard that large systems charged thousands of dollars for. For example, in our association, we can now bring the community of owners into the maintenance effort with work requests accessed from a cell phone or email. This has greatly improved our maintenance effort when it comes to maintenance needs that our typically found by owners. This has greatly improved that morale and attitude the owner population. Also, board members can now keep track of what work is being done and what vendors are following our standards. We have been using UpKeep for about 8 months and quite happy with the results so far. We hope to do even better in the coming year.

Pros:

The software is very competitive when it comes to cost. We looked at many software options before deciding on UpKeep. For price and performance, it was the best value out there.

Cons:

Developing an asset hierarchy/equipment tree can be cumbersome. When creating a hierarchy, I would like to be able to put my assets in an order that makes sense to me. It is difficult to do this with UpKeep unless you use some trick such as inserting a letter or character in front of the asset. Also, I don't like that a a just-completed PM triggers the immediate creation of the next PM in my backlog. That is, when a quarterly PM is completed, the next scheduled PM immediately appears in my backlog of work. Don't want this to appear until a week or two before, but this is not possible. So, have to work around that.

jordan
Electrical mechanic in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 10,000+ Employees

Best Android based asset management I've used so far

Comments: It was a little challenging as a user to convince my bosses to use the app to it's full potential. They wanted to hire data scientists which isn't needed because it can just generate charts and graphs almost instantly on its own. They wanted to simplify data into symptoms instead of tracking repairs and damage which is the actual data we needed for root cause analysis. The app is remarkably elegant I trust in it's ability to record and aggregate data but it's only as good as the data you put into it. I can imagine so many uses for an app like this in almost every business I've worked in, but it's limitation is the users.

Pros:

The app is easy to use. Mostly customizable. It has built in data analytics so you can find trends and root cause analysis to present your data almost daily. Depending on how well you set up fields you can be as accurate or focused as your like with your data. I would suggest this to any business large or small that needs to manage assets.

Cons:

It can be a challenge on the users end to really iron out what they really need the app to specifically manage, but ultimately it's up to the user to decide what data they want to track. Some example tutorials would be nice showing examples like how a mechanic might use it to manage repair symptoms and repairs or how a business with expensive tools might keep track of safety and maintenance.

National Reliability Manager in US
Environmental Services, 501–1,000 Employees

Great User Interface and Customer Support

Comments: The best way to describe it is we operate as a team. Specifically want to recognize the customer support staff who helped me.

Pros:

What I like most is how intuitive and user friendly the system is.

Cons:

There are a few limitations that the system has, such as limited levels of hierarchy, but what is great is that they are receptive to feedback and are making revisions to their system based on customer need.

Alternatives Considered: SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite

Reasons for Switching to UpKeep: Value and ease of use.

5 years ago

Hi John, Thank you so much for leaving us a review! We appreciate your positive feedback and look forward to continuing to work with you. I understand your note about limited levels of access, but we believe this allows teams to tailor our product perfectly to how their team operates. I'm glad our customer support team has been so helpful - please feel free to reach out to our customer support team at any time for more help! http://onupkeep.com/customersupport

Charlie
Repairs and Maintainence Coordinator in US
Restaurants, 51–200 Employees

Excellent product and excellent customer service.

Comments: Helps us demonstrate to our Corporate Family that we are being good stewards of their equipment. Allows us to track the PMs as well as the breakdowns. Has helped increase accountability and communication with the team.

Pros:

Customer service plus the ability for any of my team to submit a request. The way they submit the request is very simple so they don't have to be really trained how to use the system. Has helped us create more than just a paper trail for our equipment, it has allowed us to demonstrate our stewardship and our ongoing efforts to proactively maintain our equipment. I also really like that the software is web based and bridges across all platforms we use. We have iPads, Android phones, iPhones, and Microsoft based computers. This allows each of our users to be able to have access at anytime.

Cons:

Would be nice to be able to schedule recurring PM's Monthly on a day not just a date. This is a minor detail though that is easily solved with just a little more front end work on the scheduling.

4 years ago

Hey Charlie! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! It sounds like you are doing a great job using UpKeep to maintain and document the amazing work of your maintenance operations! Happy to see UpKeep is bridging your whole teams communications and regardless of desktop or mobile! Feel free to visit our support page if you ever have any questions: https://www.onupkeep.com/customersupport/ Thanks again!

Mike
Facilities & Assets Coordinator in US
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 201–500 Employees

An excellent tool

Comments: With 50 properties it allows us to better track the projects at each location and let the maintenance team know what priority level each one is so those that need immediate attention are getting it first. It also allows us to track production and regular preventative maintenance.

Pros:

How easy it is to use and allows us to track the progress of all work orders, whether we handle in house or involve an outside contractor.

Cons:

Wish you would add one simple feature- a place to add an email address or two. Although we encourage our leaders and managers to enter the maintenance requests in the system, we have times where we enter them and then they are not aware of the progress because they are not part of the email updates.

4 years ago

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! We're glad to hear our software is helping you and your team maintain your facility and track work orders! Our team is always making improvements and adding new features to the application based on customer feedback. I've shared yours with our product manager. Feel free to visit our support page if you ever have any questions: https://www.onupkeep.com/customersupport/ Thanks again!

Jackie
City Clerk in US
Government Administration, 2–10 Employees

No more paper work orders for us!

Comments: Very good. UpKeep answers questions when we have them. The app is user friendly. All our work orders are organized, and best of all... NO SLIPS OF PAPER!

Pros:

We love that all our people can access the same information and we are thrilled to finally get rid of our outdated paper method!

Cons:

I would love to have access to monthly overview reports. I know that is a feature that is available with the upgraded version, but we can't afford to upgrade all of our logins. So my wish would be that UpKeep would allow just me (Admin) to upgrade to the version with more features while my workers could stay at the free version for viewing and marking orders as complete. Unfortunately, it's all or nothing - we either all get it free or we have to pay the upgrade fee for all users. Or Option C: We pay for the upgrade and then we don't allow all our workers access to the work orders (eliminate logins).

5 years ago

Hi Jackie! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. I am SO glad that you're loving transitioning from paper to digital tracking! As for your request, I have sent your note to our product and pricing team to review. I apologize that for the time being we do only offer certain features with certain packages, but will pass your feedback along so they take it into consideration should there be an upcoming change. Thank you!

Marek
CEO in Poland
Financial Services, 11–50 Employees

UpKeep Review

Comments: The software provided an efficient and user-friendly solution for managing maintenance operations. The intuitive interface, along with the mobile app, facilitated easy task management and ensured timely updates. The ability to create work orders, schedule preventive maintenance, and track inventory simplified maintenance workflows. The customizable reporting and analytics provided valuable insights for continuous improvement. Although the integration options were limited, UpKeep delivered a reliable and effective maintenance management system.

Pros:

One of the things I liked most about UpKeep was its user-friendly interface and intuitive design. Navigating through the software was straightforward, and the clean layout made it easy to access and manage maintenance tasks. The mobile app was also a standout feature, allowing for on-the-go access and real-time updates. The ability to create and track work orders, schedule preventive maintenance, and manage inventory seamlessly simplified maintenance operations. Additionally, the customizable reporting and analytics provided valuable insights to optimize maintenance processes and improve overall efficiency.

Cons:

One aspect I liked least was the limited integrations with other software systems. Although UpKeep offered basic integrations with popular tools like Zapier and QuickBooks, there were certain instances where more advanced integrations would have been beneficial. Integrating with industry-specific software or enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems could have enhanced data synchronization and workflow automation. Having a broader range of integrations would have made UpKeep even more versatile and seamlessly connected with other business applications.

Jason
Facilities Director in US
Hospital & Health Care, 51–200 Employees

Time and Efficiency

Comments: As our company continues to grow UpKeep will be a key tool in managing assets and workflow.

Pros:

We currently manage 9 Facilities over about 100 mile radius. When I travel to a facility I need to know exactly what tools and supplies I need. I love that someone can not only put in a request, but can also take a picture. I always go, knowing exactly what I will be dealing with. We have only been using this for about 6 months and I am so excited to continue using and finding new ways UpKeep can save us time and make us more efficient!

Cons:

Usability with some of the advanced features is tough sometimes, but customer service is great at helping me figure it out.

4 years ago

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! We're glad to hear our software is helping you and your team manage 9 facilities. Our team is always making improvements and adding new features to the application based on customer feedback. I've shared yours with our product manager. Feel free to visit our support page if you ever have any questions: https://www.onupkeep.com/customersupport/ Thanks again!