About UpKeep

UpKeep is an Asset Operations Management solution combining CMMS, EAM, and APM for maintenance, reliability and operations teams.

Learn more about UpKeep

Pros:

Loved being able to just jump right in and create work orders. Keeping track of time and material cost was very helpful.

Cons:

Requester's sometimes log out of it and forget what their password is.

UpKeep ratings

4.6
4.8
4.4
4.6

8.9/10

UpKeep has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 1,251 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used UpKeep before?

Filter reviews (1,251)

Dirk
Dirk
Director of Operations in US
Real Estate, 11-50 Employees

Crucial Team Management

Comments: This creates the foundation for extensive maintenance records, historical tracking of problems, inventory, and more. It allows you to monitor your entire portfolio on a macro and micro level.

Pros:

Functionality. This cloud-based task manager functions at the level that works for you. Whether you're assigning basic tasks at a complex you own and manage or inspecting individually tagged pieces of hardware this is essential. The accountability from a required signature showing this task has been done is reassuring. Should there be a hang-up or question UpKeep's customer service is there to help you through it.

Cons:

The initial challenge is determining the depth at which to utilize this software most effectively. Whenever an organization chooses to go with a task manager, it is only effective as the degree to which your staff buys into it.

Alternatives Considered: monday.com and Asana

Reasons for Choosing UpKeep: As we grew we needed better tracking and filtering. We lacked the ability to pull the reports we needed before.

Reasons for Switching to UpKeep: The tailored approach to real estate.

3 years ago

Hi Dirk, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for UpKeep! We're so happy to hear that UpKeep is serving your team for tasks and projects big & small. The fact that the signature feature has provided a layer of accountability for your team is amazing! We're glad that the ability to historically track your work at a micro and macro level is helping you take the team to the next level. If you ever do need assistance in developing your maintenance program using UpKeep, feel free to reach out to your dedicated Customer Success Manager. Our team will follow up with you to connect your team to this dedicated resource. Thank you again for leaving us a great review. We really do take and appreciate your feedback seriously!

Rick
Facility Manager in US
Religious Institutions, 51-200 Employees

Perfect CMMS for my Needs

Comments: Using Upkeep has been an easy process, and it helps keep everything in one place. I also like the fact that our Operations Manager sees everything that I do, from creation of work orders, to updates, and completion of work orders.

Pros:

The free features are perfect for my use. My day is all about work orders, and being able to manage these work orders easily makes my day easier. We used to use paper work orders, which I had to fill out, file, and then track in another file. I would then need to create a separate report to send to the property team for review. I like having the ability to have everything in one place, without having to create so many separate reports.

Cons:

Nothing about this software is difficult to use. I do wish more was offered in the free version, such as reporting. I was able to use it during the free trial, but now am using the free version, in which reporting is only available in paid versions. I understand that this is how the company makes money, and I will be making the switch to a paid version when it is approved in our new budget. One thing that bugs me and hope gets fixed, is during the work order creation. I have over 120 locations and sub-locations. When I create a work order and choose the location, you should be able to begin typing the location in the box and it should self-populate the box. Right now, only the main locations will self-populate, not the sub-locations. I only have three main locations, and all the rest are sub-locations, so I have to scroll to search for the exact location I need. It's nothing major, but just an annoyance, and I hope this will be fixed soon so that any location will self-populate the box when you begin typing it.

Alternatives Considered: MAPCON and ManWinWin

Reasons for Switching to UpKeep: Pricing was better for what you get. ManWinWin was way to technical, and made more for factories. Mapcon may have worked and it seemed to be pretty user-friendly as well, and I did try their free trial, but it kept crashing my computer every single time.

Alpha
Superviseur des services in Guinea
Alternative Dispute Resolution, 2-10 Employees

Upkeep

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

Its functions are at the top I like this software a lot it helps me a lot.

Cons:

The customer service takes a lot of time sometimes we have to answer our questions quickly

Jamie
Grounds & Buildings Manager in US
Events Services, 11-50 Employees

A very strong start, but a long way to go yet.

Comments: We all like it, but the glitches are too slow at being corrected. I really don't want to switch companies but it has come up recently. I like working with the support team, they always seem very willing to help. Unfortunately the solutions they provide are hardly ever agreeable with me. I think that is usually no fault of theirs, but rather that we keep reaching the end of the program's capabilities. That is frustrating for me.

Pros:

I really love the layout and the ease of use. I also appreciate the diverse application to many different uses. The fact that you can access it from a phone or a computer is amazing. Very convenient that way.

Cons:

RECURRING WORK ORDERS! There are so many glitches when you start making work orders recur. I've tried my best to provide feedback on this because it is really starting to be a deal breaker but the problems continue. 1) duplicates pop up constantly and they don't go away easily. 2) The scheduling options for recurring work orders is totally bad. Model it after Google Calendar first, then add options to make it more detailed. The fact that you can't schedule seasonal tasks without some silly back-end procedure to duplicate the work orders every year is highly frustrating. 3) Gonna need a little more flexibility in the different categories of user. My techs need to be able to create their own work orders without being a complete access administrator. There should be something in between. I trust my guys and they know their jobs, I don't need to make all their work orders for them. 4) I'd like to see some improvement in the template modules. I've not been able to benefit from them realistically even though I've tried. When you go to add them into a work order it just never seems to make much sense.

Federico
Federico
CEO in Brazil
Banking, 2-10 Employees

Great tool to Manage your Assets

Comments: Our overall experience using UpKeep is very good because this solution has provided accountability and transparency in the use of our assets (owned and rented)

Pros:

This is a great solution to manage the assets, we were having issues controlling the location and distribution of our rented laptops and electronic equipment provided to consultants, after implementing the solution we were able to locate, manage and renew our equipment without effort. We also use it to track work orders because their reporting capabilities work very good with out ERP.

Cons:

The main con would be its price, $45 per user is a little high for many small businesses budget. Since this is an important tool the training in using it is a little hard but necessary. In addition we believe the permissions management needs a little more work.

Alternatives Considered: MVP Plant and IFS Cloud

Reasons for Choosing UpKeep: We made the switch because we needed a robust application that were able to track our assets and work with our ERP.

Switched From: MVP Plant, IFS Cloud and Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to UpKeep: We have chosen UpKeep because in our analysis the cost / benefit ratio was the highest.

Jonathan
Clinical Engineering Director in US
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 Employees

Best overall usability

Comments: Overall, this is the best CMMS we have used. I did sample the top 10 for a year before deciding and upKeep was the best because of easy of use in the field. This software saves time by reducing paperwork and admin tasks.

Pros:

I sampled many different CMMS programs and upKeep was the only software that made the cut. This software is actually usable in the field.

Cons:

There are a few additional features I would like to see. I would like to be able to set exact permissions per user. the amount of administrative data available to Limited Technician renders some functionality not usable. Not everyone needs a list of all vendors and customers. There needs be a permissions checkbox to limit some access and functionality per user. Depending on how this software is used, it could cause an issue. would you want everyone in your company to have a list of our all your customers and vendors? for this reason. We avoid using some features and have not upgraded to the business package.

Alternatives Considered: MicroMain, eMaint CMMS and Fiix

Reasons for Choosing UpKeep: MicroMain was not mobile friendly. Their software created a full time position managing CMMS. UpKeep app does most of the work and cuts need of creating this position.

Switched From: MicroMain

Reasons for Switching to UpKeep: Usability in the field. Great intuitive interface in browser and app.

3 years ago

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! We're glad to hear our software is helping you and your team track work orders! Our team is always making improvements and adding new features to the application based on customer feedback. Feel free to visit our support page if you ever have any questions: https://www.onupkeep.com/customersupport/ Thanks again!

Jeff
Electrical and Mechanical maintenance manager in US
Mining & Metals, 51-200 Employees

A great choice for a intuitive CMMS

Comments: Immediately we are seeing the benefits of using UpKeep. It has helped to reduce the confusion of where someone left off or waiting for parts to arrive to complete the repair.

Pros:

Uploading our plant information, including over 4,000 spare parts that we have cataloged was very easy. We were able to keep our spare part numbers and mirrored the layout of UpKeep with our own spare parts system, which in turn helped the plant personnel with the implementation.

Cons:

I would like to see the ability to add daily equipment checklists, that can be performed at a minimum twice daily and were generated automatically at a predetermined time. We currently make rounds through the plant and require our personnel to record the check.

Alternatives Considered: eWorkOrders CMMS, Hippo CMMS, eMaint CMMS and Fiix

Reasons for Choosing UpKeep: It wasn’t user friendly and took a tremendous amount of time to manage.

Switched From: Proteus CMMS

Reasons for Switching to UpKeep: Hands down, I was impressed with how intuitive UpKeep appeared. I can’t say enough about how important it is to have the buy in of the plant personnel who use the platform. My guys were very nervous about another CMMS platform, based on their previous experience. They are excited and I have heard nothing but positive remarks about our new system.

Project Manager in Qatar
Facilities Services, 501-1,000 Employees

Customer fulfillment with SPOC App

Comments: As of today it has been a very fruitful experience with UpKeep. Easy to provide data and update to client. At the same time easy to receive client request and queries.

Pros:

Easy to use, download, upload your normal needs. Can be used by anybody anywhere and request their needs in terms of service we are providing. Easy to track tream work and submit it to client when required.

Cons:

Of course everybody want best service with least price...

Alternatives Considered: WinTeam

Reasons for Switching to UpKeep: It is covering both soft and hard services criteria. Easy to use and understand. Better helpful fo all the team.

Lindy
Business owner in US
Apparel & Fashion, Self Employed

Upkeep is solid

5.0 last month New

Comments: I've had a great experience and won't be switching software anytime soon

Pros:

The inventory mgt works great and keeps my business afloat

Cons:

There is nothing I did not like about this software

Vertika
Customer support engineer in India
Medical Devices, 201-500 Employees

Managing inventory is at ease

5.0 last month New

Pros:

Tis software provides multiple functions. I am using for inventory management and it's of great use from service repair centre point of you. Much satisfied

Cons:

No cons, happy to use the software, it's great

Matt
Electronics Tech in US
Information Technology & Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Software that works for you.

Comments: Overall the software is working as it was advertised to us. The nice piece about this software is that it integrates an asset management system with a work order system as well as consumable inventory. We like the preventive side as well. The software can send reminders and reoccurring tickets to jobs that happen on a cycle. The key to a product is how well things can be tracked and searched for later on. The software is going to be a big help later on, with the reports feature, showing how much time and money is invested into a piece of equipment or asset. That will help with building a budget for replacements and accurate reports. Its nice that we can integrate maintenance and IT together as well as inventory into one platform.

Pros:

We transitioned from another work order software. We shopped for a solid work order software that would meet our needs. We were very specific as to what we wanted, since we out grew our old software. We wanted a product that would automate our day to day jobs as well as keep track of our assets. This software is very easy to use and you can customize it to fit your specific needs. We like that pictures can be added to the job ticket. It is also nice to assign work orders to "teams" rather than individually assigning tickets to specific people then back again. Everyone in the team can update and apply their time to the ticket. The upkeep app is also very handy when out in the field.

Cons:

The integration to our district was pretty smooth, however we did a lot of planning to make this as seamless as possible. I don't have anything negative to say about the software, things that the software cannot do have work arounds. At the end of the day, everything works, that is all that matters. As time goes on more maybe there will be something that needs improved, however customer support is very helpful and I'm sure they will solve the issues that may arise.

Steven
Regional Maintenance Coordinator in UK

Using this software, our company has increased workflow radically

Pros:

The first point is the ability to categorize work orders, we have been able to pin point the major issues and delivery fast and effective solutions to our care homes. Tracking the progress and being able to update the work order and receive this valuable information direct to a mobile device, whether it be a line of text or a picture. I have noticed that the UpKeep scheduler is now up and running, this is going to save me a lot of time, currently I am taking the jobs and distributing these to the team via a excel spreadsheet, really looking forward to this addition to an already complete package. The overdue work orders are also a great plus for our company, it shows where we are failing and possible target training to an individual who is struggling. The main plus is having the data to analyse on a month by month basis. It show how well the performance of the team and individuals are coping with the work load, what home uses our Regional teams service the most and what areas of expertise are mainly required, again perfect for targeting training to the maintenance operative in the home. We have also used this system to compare our response time to a request, labour cost all against using out side contractors, this itself has ben an eye opener and has saved us.

Cons:

The updates are only available for the users and not the requestors, this is a big issue for us as we are constantly asked 'What's happening' by the general managers of the homes. If there was a way that when the regional team assigned to the task could share the update, ie waiting for parts, called away etc..

4 years ago

Hi Steven, Thank you for your review! It sounds like the reporting features have been especially great for you! Thank you as well for your feedback on how some features - or lack thereof - are affecting you and your team in real time. We're dedicated to constant improvement and learning from situations like these!

Alexander
Alexander
Director in US
Hospitality, 201-500 Employees

UpKeep: A Fantastic Tool for Maintenance

Comments: Overall, UpKeep was incredibly valuable to my teams, which were dispersed across several locales. It helped keep my maintenance team much more organized than they would have been without it. I highly recommend it.

Pros:

UpKeep is an excellent tool to help you keep your maintenance projects organized, prioritized, and clearly communicated, particularly when working across dispersed locations. UpKeep allows you to centralize communication into on central database where you can communicate repairs, maintenance, and regularly scheduled preventative maintenance in once location. You have the capacity to analyze all repairs that have occurred historically, log expenses against those repairs, and make intelligent decisions on whether to repair or replace based on that information. This eliminates the need for phone calls, emails, texts, and every other communication method that can confuse maintenance supervisors. It helps prioritize so that your maintenance team can be most effective. You can also add as much detail into the repair requests to make sure the repair needed is very clear. Plus you can add photos.

Cons:

Like most tools, the ramp up and learning stages take a bit of time. If you want to use the tool to its fullest, you'll need to manually input significant amounts of data and have access to historical data on expenses, SKUs, etc. A second challenge is that your maintenance team may feel as if they are pulled away from actual repair work in order to perform the administrative work needed to maintain the tool.

4 years ago

Hi Alexander, Thanks for the review! I completely understand the learning curve can be frustrating when learning a new software. However, I am confident that if you compare it to other apps in the CMMS space, you'll find it fairly intuitive. Also, we have loads of video tutorials on our YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ewS5K1zt6TOpZBfXx8Yfw/featured) and an amazing customer support team that's available for you if you need more support! Don't hesitate to reach out at https://www.onupkeep.com/support.

Pat
IT in US
Entertainment, 51-200 Employees

Great CMMS program, with excellent support with quick turnaround.

Comments: Upkeep is an upcoming and better with cloud-based maintenance management system. We have been with them for couple of years now and have seen the program emerge and provide better ROI for our organization. It is excellent product for multi facility and has best API integrations opportunities.

Pros:

The ability to snap a picture at the site and upload it to Preventative Maintenance Schedule is great. Their support and programmers have directly worked with us to enhance and implement features they were missing upon our suggestions. It’s a good company with great people. They also have excellent training videos which help end-user to get started with minimum learning curve.

Cons:

The one cons about the program is the pricing structure, which should be more flexible depending on the amount of usage, as some of our site users do not have to use it but we still pay the premium.

4 years ago

Hey Pat. it's awesome that you've been using UpKeep since our early days. And thanks for recognizing our efforts to implement new features based on customer feedback. We think that's the best way to evolve! Regarding your comment about pricing and limited-usage users, I recommend taking a look at our different user types again: https://onupkeep.com/customersupport/help-learning/people-teams/what-are-the-different-user-types-within-upkeep/ There might be some instances where site users don't actually need paid licenses and can benefit just as much from an unpaid license (e.g. view-only user).

Jennifer
Property Manager in US
Real Estate, 1,001-5,000 Employees

A streamline way for you business to keep everone on task and on the same page. Even on mobile.

Comments: I am able to view both of my storage properties and know at any time what is going on with unit maintenance, vendor maintenance, scheduling and repairs... I don't have to pick up the phone, or send an email, or wait for a response... It's right there at my fingertips. It is an incredibly useful tool.

Pros:

The BIGGEST plus about this software is you don't have to have access to a desktop to use it... You can use it right from your smartphone. It is user friendly AND cost effective. We use it at our storage facility to keep tabs on preventative maintenance, inventory, Emails, photos, scheduling, and for our vendors. Everything is kept in one place, and everyone can have access to it so nobody skips a beat... It also allows you to be able to keep more than one facility at a time so that you can keep on task with all of your properties. I really enjoy using the program.

Cons:

It does take a second to configure everything towards the application of your business. This is a streamline software that is general in the sense that it can be used in various applications like restaurants, property management, and construction and what not so you kind of have to set it up to make it work for you... The great thing about that is that you can call customer support anytime you might need help with a step and they be able to help you out. If your familiar with computers or your cell phone this won't be an issue for you. If you are not as comfortable with electronics, it may take a minute for you to become familiar with the program, as with any program.

jordan
Electrical mechanic in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 10,000+ Employees

Best Android based asset management I've used so far

Comments: It was a little challenging as a user to convince my bosses to use the app to it's full potential. They wanted to hire data scientists which isn't needed because it can just generate charts and graphs almost instantly on its own. They wanted to simplify data into symptoms instead of tracking repairs and damage which is the actual data we needed for root cause analysis. The app is remarkably elegant I trust in it's ability to record and aggregate data but it's only as good as the data you put into it. I can imagine so many uses for an app like this in almost every business I've worked in, but it's limitation is the users.

Pros:

The app is easy to use. Mostly customizable. It has built in data analytics so you can find trends and root cause analysis to present your data almost daily. Depending on how well you set up fields you can be as accurate or focused as your like with your data. I would suggest this to any business large or small that needs to manage assets.

Cons:

It can be a challenge on the users end to really iron out what they really need the app to specifically manage, but ultimately it's up to the user to decide what data they want to track. Some example tutorials would be nice showing examples like how a mechanic might use it to manage repair symptoms and repairs or how a business with expensive tools might keep track of safety and maintenance.

Matthew
Maintenance Manager in US
Food Production, 51-200 Employees

Food Plant Maintenance

Comments: By switching to upkeep we have been closing our more work orders, and greatly improved team communication.

Pros:

The system is so easy to use and implement then our previous CMMS system. Maintenance guys love it, and use it daily! This can't be said for most systems. The software appears to have been designed using first principles. It makes everyone's job easier instead of harder, while improving team communication and performance.

Cons:

The editing of reoccurring work orders (PMs) could be improved. Frequency can't be easily changed, and it would be beneficial if editing a reoccurring work order could be done in one pass.

Alternatives Considered: Hippo CMMS and eMaint CMMS

Reasons for Choosing UpKeep: Old system was not maintenance friendly, and did not offer a mobile solution.

Reasons for Switching to UpKeep: Upkeep was more user friendly.

Jon
Operations Manager in US
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 Employees

Excellent Tool for Small Businesses

Comments: No more hand-written work orders, the ability to take pictures and draw on them improves communication with team members to execute the work order, response times are faster, employees can track progress, grouping, sorting, and note taking helps us keep each one moving forward. Excellent tool.

Pros:

From my desktop or smartphone, I'm able to communicate easily with my team to quickly address our facility issues. Employees who have an need can stop me in the hall, call me at my desk, or fill out their own request at their convenience. They can check on the status of their work order when they want. It has improved communication and response time, is a breeze to use, and is so cost efficient. We've been using UpKeep for 2 years, field about 40 work orders per month, and highly recommend it to everyone.

Cons:

I really can't think of one thing, seriously. It meets all of our needs and when I have a feature request, the team adds it to their list for consideration.

Steve
Project Manager in US
Construction, 11-50 Employees

Very helpful

Pros:

It makes keeping up with work orders much more efficient, the tech can enter what he is doing as he does it. It is also a great help with costs and inventory. Plus, the record keeping part of all the maintenance that has been done on a vehicle, the parts used and the cost are very helpful. Being able to scan barcodes of inventory makes it easier to keep up when deliveries of parts arrive. Great tool!

Cons:

It does require a little bit of a learning curve to find things on the computer app versus the ipad app.

4 years ago

Hey Steve. There are definitely quite a bit of additional features in the desktop app vs the mobile app which give the desktop app a steeper learning curve. However, if you compare it to other desktop apps in the CMMS space, you might find it relatively intuitive. The reason the mobile app is easier to navigate is because it's designed specifically for technicians in the field. The desktop app has substantially more reporting and automation features that are purpose-built for admins (managers, planners, directors, etc). That said, we're always looking for ways to streamline the user experience. User friendliness is a priority for all versions of the app.

Mike
Facilities & Assets Coordinator in US
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 201-500 Employees

An excellent tool

Comments: With 50 properties it allows us to better track the projects at each location and let the maintenance team know what priority level each one is so those that need immediate attention are getting it first. It also allows us to track production and regular preventative maintenance.

Pros:

How easy it is to use and allows us to track the progress of all work orders, whether we handle in house or involve an outside contractor.

Cons:

Wish you would add one simple feature- a place to add an email address or two. Although we encourage our leaders and managers to enter the maintenance requests in the system, we have times where we enter them and then they are not aware of the progress because they are not part of the email updates.

3 years ago

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! We're glad to hear our software is helping you and your team maintain your facility and track work orders! Our team is always making improvements and adding new features to the application based on customer feedback. I've shared yours with our product manager. Feel free to visit our support page if you ever have any questions: https://www.onupkeep.com/customersupport/ Thanks again!

Ben
Facility and Maintenance Manager in US
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 11-50 Employees

Great CMMS, particularly for smaller non-profits

Comments: The software itself is great, user friendly, and feature rich. I love the printable QR codes for asset management and inventory tracking purposes. I understand the need to monetize and the reasons for the business plan pricing, however I feel like they're potentially pushing away future larger accounts by not giving an option for smaller organizations to use the full feature set of the business plus plan. When I signed up the premium option didn't require 5 users. This shift has me evaluating other options again.

Pros:

Modern, mobile, feature rich, easy to use, non-profit discount, support, documentation, new features, request portal, scalable. After purchasing our first property we needed a CMMS that would grow with our organization. Upkeep is a modern mobile CMMS that provides deep functionality and scalability.

Cons:

The business plus plan requires 5 users. I would love to use the advanced features of the business plus plan but as I'm the only user, it doesn't make financial sense for our small non-profit. One of the best things about upkeep compared to some other CMMS solutions is the pricing, particularly with the non-profit discount. However not having the option to use all of the features without paying for 5 users means I'm evaluating other options already.

Ryan
Vice President in US
Airlines/Aviation, 11-50 Employees

UpKeep CMMS Software

Pros:

UpKeep is a lightweight CMMS solution that is accessible via web browser or dedicated Android and iOS apps. It is easy to tell that UpKeep was built with a mobile-first viewpoint. This is when comparing to other CMMS solutions that have been adapted from desktop to mobile. This mobile-first outlook makes UpKeep extremely user friendly. The ease of use allows our maintenance techs to prioritize, dispatch, update, and complete work orders from the shop floor on their mobile devices. It is pretty quick to add work orders and tie the to specific assets. PM is a large part of our maintenance program and UpKeep's PM system is straightforward and simple without lacking depth.

Cons:

Being a lighter-weight software solution, I feel there is a small sacrifice between depth of the solution and ease of use (and price). UpKeep is very affordable but I would like to see more connections and options, especially when linking Assets to Repeat (PM) Work Orders.

Kumar
Director in US
Real Estate, 11-50 Employees

Strong Tool for Managing Assets

Pros:

UpKeep allows you to organize projects, repairs, and asset management in a single centralized tool. It's ability to streamline communication is invaluable. Further, you can analyze all repairs that have occurred, manage expenses and make informed decision based on that information.

Cons:

The data input stage can be time consuming, though not challenging. It's mostly administrative. Anything you want to track can be input into the system to allow for historical reference on repairs.

3 years ago

Hi Kumar! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review four our team. I'm so excited to hear that UpKeep is helping you to manage and streamline so many pieces of your workflow. I think it's amazing that you are getting insights on cost and work order history to make evidence-based decisions. That's serious maintenance maturity! I'm sorry to hear that the data collection piece has proven time-consuming for you. Feel free to take advantage of our no-cost data importing webinar that we offer every week: https://upkeep.easywebinar.live/registration-weekly-data-importing. If you have any other direct feedback or ideas, don't be afraid to submit your thoughts through our Ideas form: https://www.onupkeep.com/customersupport/feedback/ Thank you again for your review! We love hearing from you!

Kyle
Ops Lead in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1,001-5,000 Employees

An amazing tool when fully utilized!

Comments: I've received wonderful support from rep, who has found a way to always fulfill my requests and ensure I have the data I am looking for. I'm very happy with the application.

Pros:

Upkeep provides a ton of data that you need to properly track and audit workflow within you business. Some great features include creating multiple locations, people, teams, assets, categories, etc. There are many choices that if you use to its fullest potential can give you some great data.

Cons:

There are a few struggles that Upkeep has while performing tasks. Unfortunately not every table is exportable thus leaving a lot of manual work on the backend to match results or create new spreadsheets. You are fairly limited in your filtering abilities within work orders. It would nice to have an option to filter models to see failure rates between two different products. Inventory tracking is not the best especially for multiple locations and can cause a lot of confusion with multiple users trying to find similar part names. Other than those there aren't many issues or cons, I think the biggest struggle is that many users don't know how to properly use the application.

Greg
Superintendent in US
Construction, 51-200 Employees

Appropriate for Heavy Civil Construction Company

Comments: Although his product was not specifically designed for running the equipment side of a construction company, the product continually adds features to tweak the product. Other similar products made for construction are extremely costly and have a costly annual fee. They also require days of training and tens of thousands of dollars. We love how streamlined and easy Upkeep is, and anyone can access it from their phone or ipad. Laptops are not needed. Upkeep suits most of our needs and the team is willing to listen and implement features to further meet our needs. This is a key feature as far as we're concerned: the engineers are willing to listen and tweak a few features to compliment the needs of a big construction company. Other products felt old and cumbersome and Upkeep feels light and easy!

Pros:

Helps us track work orders, preventative maintenance, equipment tracking, vendors, parts inventory and more. Also helps track meter hour readings. Easy to use for all of our crews. Most importantly, Upkeep tries to add features based on our feedback. Super value and ROI for this easy to use product! Can be used from phone, tablet or computer and is graphically clean and EASY to use.

Cons:

Not entirely made for the needs of heavy civil construction, meters are not made available for non-administrators to enter. While everyone can request a work order, we wish there was a bit more the crew could access from a specific job site.