15 years helping Irish businesses

About iSpring Learn

Administer online training avidly! Deliver courses to learners and track their progress with a fantastically easy-to-use LMS.

Learn more about iSpring Learn

Pros:

Cons:

There are some facilities that apply for courses but no for Learning Paths, i.e Due Dates.

iSpring Learn ratings

4.6
4.8
4.4
4.5

8.7/10

iSpring Learn has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 141 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used iSpring Learn before?

Richard
Richard
Psychiatrist in Private Practice in Australia

iSpring learn is a great solution for online learning.

Comments: The system underpins my private education business and has been a major driver for success.

Pros:

Integration with PowerPoint Clean, easy to use interface User self registration Payments system for selling courses.

Cons:

There is not a lot to dislike. It does everything I need. If I had to be very picky I would to be able to alert users to new Courses or to make announcements more easily. At present you can add comments to courses and learning paths, or send individual messages, but this does not alert a user who is not logged in. I can export e-mail addresses and send a mailshot, but this is a bit cumbersome. This is a very minor issue.

6 years ago

Hi Richard, Thank you SO much for sharing your feedback about iSpring Learn! We greatly appreciate it :) Keep it up!

Dayna
Training & Development Coordinator in US
Hospital & Health Care, 201–500 Employees

Worth The Money!

Comments: I worked closely with our sales person to complete the purchase and get everything set up. It was a very simple and quick process.

Pros:

We searched for 2 years for the perfect software. We landed on iSpring due to the cost and features available for a corporate training environment. This has helped up become more remote, especially in a world with COVID. We have been able to track training and identify areas of improvement and even get more departments on board with the training process. I also love the iSpring takes ideas for improvements.

Cons:

Most features are easy to use, but some of the reporting options do not provide the information needed, so we have to build workarounds in to get what we need.

Alternatives Considered: CANVAS, Totara Learn and Ascentis

Reasons for Switching to iSpring Learn: The decision to choose iSpring over the others named was mainly due to the features available for the price. Some of the other companies were extremely expensive and did not offer the features that we received with iSpring.

3 years ago

Hi Dayna, Thanks a lot for reviewing iSpring here on Capterra - we appreciate it greatly! Hope you enjoy this exciting journey of training management with iSpring. Keep up the great work and if any questions come up, please don't hesitate to address them to our Tech Support: [email protected]

Garlasco
Digital Marketer in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 51–200 Employees

Useful Online Learning Platform

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: iSpring Learn is a tentative approach that makes learning and training materials suitable.

Pros:

iSpring Learn has made the tracking of the course suitable and there is an excellent online training.

Cons:

iSpring Learn has created a swift learning option, which is flawless.

Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Good for a single company (in-house) use but poor for managing client or partner training

Pros:

Ability to have multiple Learning Paths that collate separate courses, and to track users' progress through those Learning Paths.

Cons:

New functionality has only been added piecemeal, presumably where a client has paid for a new feature to match their specific requirements. The new functions then aren't applied across the whole system (since the client didn't pay for that work). The result is a "swiss cheese" of a product, with huge holes. For example, the API doesn't allow you to retrieve attributes that were added in new functionality. The API itself allows you to set and retrieve (limited parts of) individual records, but doesn't let you get access to reports programatically. SSO is all-or-nothing - you have to have the same SSO for all Organizations, which sucks if you're using the same course material in-house as well as externally. And SSO doesn't support the latest standards. Discussion forums are similarly only open to all and can't be limited to Organizations. Presumably both SSO and Discussions were added before some client paid for multiple Organizations to be added. On top of all that, iSpring is actually more expensive than other better multi-org solutions such as TalentLMS.

Fatture
Digital Marketer in US
Food & Beverages, 51–200 Employees

Authentic Approach for Learning

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: The program has made all the learning suitable and is done online without challenges.

Pros:

The online database from the program helps in offering learning.

Cons:

The conventional assistance in matters online training is something that the developer has issued.

Daniel
Director of Training and Development in US
Information Technology & Services, 501–1,000 Employees

Outstanding Learning Management System

Comments: I have used many other types of LMS' and iSpring Learn stands out as top of the line across the board.

Pros:

Ease of use as well as plenty of documentation and training lesson videos. Additionally, support team is quick to respond and to resolve any issues or questions.

Cons:

Integration of development tools, instead of separate standalone apps.

Alternatives Considered: Adobe Captivate

Reasons for Choosing iSpring Learn: Our company outgrew the platform (WordPress) and I needed a solution that a user could complete coursework at an acceptable pace and allow for various managers to have specific access.

Switched From: LearnDash

Reasons for Switching to iSpring Learn: We started by just having the toolset and I liked developing courses with it so I demo'd the iSpring Learn LMS and it had everything that we needed and room to develop additional types of courses.

Senior in Singapore
Education Management, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Keep up the good work

Comments: Pending data sovereignty challenge.

Pros:

Easy user management, flexible certificate management, granular reporting.

Cons:

- Limited customisation (learning path title background colour cannot be changed) - Needs Acrobat Pro lic to configure custom certificates - Custom user profile fields limited (only list and email, no checkbox) - No easy option to enable google/linked in SSO - Course outline has no option for visual thumbnail view

Alternatives Considered: TalentLMS

Reasons for Switching to iSpring Learn: - Out of sequence learning path - Certificate management - Detailed reporting

5 years ago

Hi David, Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts about iSpring with the Capterra audience. We very much appreciate it ;) Please send all your feature requests directly to [email protected]. Our team wil be happy to work on them!

Len
Owner/Developer in US
Investment Banking, Self Employed

FastStart New Business Broker Training

Comments: This is the first time I have ever developed learning courses for online delivery. iSpring had all the features I needed and was easy, intuitive, logical, and professional. The users really enjoy the ese of delivery and downloadable certificates at the end of each learning track. Supervisors like the automated progress reports.

Pros:

All the flexibility I needed. Ability to create multiple learning paths and tracks with massive amount of content. ISpringsSuite was easy to use to create and publish courses nd quizzes. Truly responsive and professional support staff... always available.

Cons:

I wish I could link this with my eCommerce site so users are automatically enrolled when they purchase the courses.

Alternatives Considered: Tutor LMS and SAP Concur

Reasons for Switching to iSpring Learn: Price and ease of use

9 months ago

Hello Len, Thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts about iSpring products and service. We appreciate it greatly It's nice to hear that iSpring's been working great for you so far. As per your cons, thanks a lot for sharing.We will definitely forward your feedback to our Product Development Team as a feature request. We will make a note of it and consider adding it in future updates.

Sean
Learning Partner in Ireland
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

Excellent

Pros:

The product is very good, certainly the best LMS I have used in the past decade. I wanted to give a particular mention to [sensitive content hidden] who has been an outstanding customer success lead throughout the process and made deployment an easy process. I have dealt with several LMS systems in the past and iSpring has by far been the best to deal with both from a product and customer service perspective.

Cons:

At times the tracking of courses can be challenging - particularly when it comes to a mixture of ILT and online courses. Perhaps this is my understanding limitations but clarity on this would be fantastic.

Marcelo
HSE Administrator in Australia
Construction, 51–200 Employees

Great customer service support with prompt recognition

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Great so far. Again [sensitive content hidden] - the Tech Support Engineer provided follow up support.

Pros:

[sensitive content hidden] - Tech Support Engineer provided great customer care; promptly responding to my enquiry.

Cons:

NA - still applying learnings however I would like to remove redundant content.

Janice
Director, Marketing/ Communications in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 51–200 Employees

Very Pleased with iSpring and the Support Team.

Comments: I recently had an issue where we needed to produce a report for a user who we accidently deleted from the system. It was a serious HR issue where we needed to provide a report of the courses this individual had taken. However, we were not able to retrieve this report, because this person was deleted from the system. I contacted iSpring Support, and they responded right away, and tracked this report, and provided it that same day. I am extremely grateful for their efforts. This was very important to our company, and I was so glad to be able to provide this to our leadership team. Thank you, iSpring Customer Support.

Pros:

iSpring Learn is extremely easy to set up and start training immediately, while at the same time producing high quality engaging courses. Integrates with power point, so the learning curve is fast while allowing for customization.

Cons:

Nothing. Very pleased with the software.

3 years ago

Hello Janice, Thank you very much for posting your detailed review here on Capterra. We appreciate it tons! It's wonderful to hear that iSpring fits your needs just perfectly. Also, our tech support team always puts clients first - it's amazing that you had a positive experience! Keep up the great work!

Miles
Director Training in Australia
Sports, 201–500 Employees

Using Online LMS to Support Amateur Sprot

Comments: As an amateur sport we rely on volunteers. We have one training developer and they cannot be everywhere. So iSpring allows central development of structured training programs and then rapid delpoyment. We can ensure that players safety changes, rules changes and upgrading are provided quickly and effectively.

Pros:

It produces a high quality tarining environment without having to be a programmer. We can produce our training materials, such as slide decks, videos, manual. We need to present a structured training package in a professional manner. iSpring gets it to to our trainees over the web, on the bus, on their tablet. We are now exporting our training to New Zealand and are talking to similar organisations in Europe.

Cons:

Very few drawbacks, if you want quality, you must pay. Once the value was seen the cost argument went away quickly.

5 years ago

Hello Miles, Thank you very much for reviewing iSpring here on Capterra! We are super happy to hear that iSpring became your training solution! :) Hope it keeps serving you well!

Mike
President in US

Great product for eLearning

Comments: I've been using iSpringLearn since June of 2010 (back then it was called iSpringOnline). My company uses this eLearning platform to deliver comprehensive on-line classes for CNC training - to industry and academia, including FANUC Certified Education CNC Training curriculum. (CNC stands for computer numerical control, and is used with industrial machine tools in manufacturing companies.)
The iSpringLearn eLearning platform provides a robust virtual classroom, and integrates flawlessly with other iSpring products (like Presenter and QuizMaker). We also utilize .pdf files and Word documents, which can be quickly and easily uploaded. Other types of media, like videos, can also be utilized, but to date we do not use them. I think anything that helps you make a point can be delivered via the iSpingLearn platform.
As the content developer, I especially like the simple and logical folder method used to organize content. A main folder contains the entire class. This folder's attributes can remain consistent for all class content (though individual content items can stray from defaults). Sub-folders (directly under the main folder) contain content for main modules. Sub-folders under main modules contain content for lessons. Lesson folders contain the activities for each lesson (presentations, reading materials, tests, exercises, etc.). With one of our on-line classes, for example, there are 10 main modules, 28 lessons, and well over 150 content items.
While the iSpringLearn product has always been very good, countless updates over the years and a recent major upgrade to the user portal (where students work) are amazing. They provide students with a simple-to-use yet comprehensive learning environment.
It's all topped off with great pricing and (in my experiences) unlimited storage. While there is a limitation to a given file's size, I have found no limit on the amount of content I can upload. I currently have over 9gb on the iSpringLearn platform.
I encourage anyone who needs to share training content to include iSpringLearn in their list of potential providers.

9 years ago

Hi, Mike! Thank you for your wonderful and valuable feedback about iSpring Learn! We greatly appreciate it.

Soraya
Director of Instruction in US

iSpring Learn Review

Comments: For the past 5 month, I have had the privilege of using the iSpring Suite software as part of the primary mechanism for interacting with learning content and data collection within my dissertation study. It took a long time and many trial and errors before I was able to find the perfect program for my project. This program was able to fulfill all my expectations in the role as instructor and posed no problem with interaction from the student. Because I was able to obtain such good results from it, I felt encouraged to recommend it to others to achieve the same satisfaction that I got. The program comes with a complete list of user videos that give brief but detailed instructions on how to accomplish any task the instructor or teacher may need. The iSpring Suite program is a robust add-in to PowerPoint that allows additional presentation features and options for creating dynamic learning content. I found iSpring Suite to be both conducive to on-demand learning and responsive to real-time learning. The specific need for my project was the ability to enhance ready-made PowerPoint presentations to allow for learner assessments (quizzes) and surveys. By utilizing the iSpring LMS I was able to track user activity and interaction with the content. The data reporting features offered by the iSpring Learning Management System was also extremely helpful in analyzing results and learning outcomes. This software program is both affordable and efficient; and can be beneficial and simple to use by even the lesser tech-savvy individual. For this reason, I would recommend its use in any K-12 and postsecondary educational environment. Any teacher or staff person could utilize this product and create interactive and engaging learning content for their student.

8 years ago

Hi Soraya, Thanks a lot for sharing your feedback. It means a lot to us! It is so great to hear that you found iSpring Learn to be a perfect bundle for your needs. Authoring tool and an LMS can truly be an awesome pack. :)

Mauro
HR trainer in Russia
Oil & Energy, 51–200 Employees

Robust LMS, professional support

Comments: The support received was prompt and quite effective and helped us to solve a blocking problem in less than one hour (Flash was blocked by Chrome).
In addition, the technology utilized by ISpring was quite useful in order to correctly contextualize the issue.
Over and above the professionality demonstrated, also the kindness of the approach was much appreciated.

Pros:

the LMS is easy and very intuitive for starters and newbies. But there are many features, which you may have no adea about. Content management, user management and reporting are clear. Have questions? Do email supporters, they care!

Cons:

Sometimes you cannot find something or something can seem to be broken (even when it is not). Do contact iSpring Support, they will take care faster than you expect.

6 years ago

Hello Mauro, So good to hear you were satisfied with iSpring Support Service as well as with the product :) Moreover, thanks a lot for sharing your experience here on Capterra. Keep up the great work!

Junellen
Corporate Training Manager in US
Hospital & Health Care, 501–1,000 Employees

iLove iSpring!

Comments: Our new hires are more confident and prepared for the job. Now other departments are asking to iSpringify their content!

Pros:

iSpring Learn has helped make our training more dynamic and our employee experience much improved! We save valuable time tracking by using the reports.

Cons:

I need more training/info on configuration

5 years ago

Hi Junellen, We are super happy to hear that more and more people "iSpringify" their content :) Keep up the great work and thanks for your kind words about iSpring solution! We greatly appreciate it!

Kathleen
Learning Manager in US
Consumer Goods, 51–200 Employees

first time using LMS

Comments: It's been okay.

Pros:

It does feel intutive intially. Once you get into it, it's less intuitive. You have to use tutorials or articles.

Cons:

I thought we would be assigned a 'success manager' of that kind - to help us get started in our new LMS. I felt lost right away and felt as if I spent a lot of time looking through tutorials and articles.... instead of having a single person getting us started with best practices, tips, helpful things.

3 years ago

Hi Kathleen, Thanks a lot for posting your review here on Capterra! It means the world to us. As per your Cons, I'm sorry to hear that you were experiencing these issues. You can always ask our tech support specialists for help. Could you please send more details to [email protected]? Keep up the great work!

Robyn
Director of Corporate Training in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51–200 Employees

Perfect solution for online training program

Comments: First and foremost the customer service has exceeded expectations. Rep. has gone above and beyond to help get the program launched. Knowing that they are so responsive is very reassuring when and if I should stumble.
Again, we are only about a month into implementation. Everyone that has seen or used the software is excited about the potential

Pros:

iSpring has a variety of quizzes, assessments and simulations that allows me the flexibility to create a comprehensive and challenging training program.

Cons:

We are about a month into the software. At this point the only con is the content library. Though there are so many images available, I need some more industry specific. I am being picky here... overall it gives many options

5 years ago

Hi Robyn, Thank you very much for posting such a detailed review of iSpring products and service here on Capterra! We appreciate it a lot! :) And by the way, if you have a specific request for CL characters, please send it to [email protected]. We are constantly updating our Content Library based on our clients' demands. Hope iSpring keeps serving you well!

Yuriy
Russia

iSpring Learn

Comments: Our project, called 'The Intellectual Ingenuity Club' is now three years old. It is supported by the Institute of Pedagogics and Psychology at Herzen University. Over a three-year period, we have carried out hundreds of mind games and creativity competitions at 78 schools in St. Petersburg and nearby districts. Thousands of children and their parents enjoyed participating in those activities.
We use iSpring tools mostly to create training programs to improve focus, memory, thinking, and quick-wittedness. After two years of partnership with iSpring, we are completely sure that iSpring provides the best PowerPoint-based tools for generating and publishing e-Learning courses. We also leverage the learning process with the help of iSpring LMS: we create an online portal for our learners and parents who would like to keep an eye on their children's progress.
When generating courses for exercising intellectual abilities, we commonly use quizzes and interactive books. The key feature we always use is the capability to limit the response time for each question and/or each slide of a presentation.
The Support Team members are always very friendly and outgoing. You can rest assured they will help you with all the questions that pop up during the working process with an iSpring tool. Thank you, iSpring! You guys are the best!

8 years ago

Hello, Yuriy! Thank you so much for sharing your kind feedback about iSpring Learn! We greatly appreciate it. Keep up the awesome work!

Russell
National Service Training in Australia
Automotive, 51–200 Employees

Initial Set Up and functionality of ispring Learn and iSpring suite

Comments: In these current times of isolation web based training will be at the forefront. I am still learning about the package and I know if I need assistance it is there for me.

Pros:

All training material from Japan is in Power point format. Ispring suit intergrates with this software beautifully .

Cons:

The help notes do not always address "How to " I have had two main issues so far and was resolved by the help desk. As a trainer I like to work things out by myself however in both cases I hit a brick wall. Both issues were easily corrected when the solution was pointed out.

4 years ago

Hello Russell, Thank you so much for sharing your experience with iSpring solutions and service. We are happy to hear that it suits your needs. Keep up the great work! Just in case, if you haven't checked it yet, here we have lot's of help materials: https://www.ispringsolutions.com/support

Sarah
VP Human Resources in US

Great e-learning tool, easy to use

Pros:

I have used iSpring for many years and always come back to it because of the easy to use interface, and awesome features including easy incorporation with power point presentations, quiz maker capabilities, and very easy to upload and manage online.

Cons:

Sometimes I don't realize that I have to purchase different packages in order to maintain my specific setup. Not necessarily a bad thing, just harder to keep track of renewals, and renewing at different times.

7 years ago

Thank you for your wonderful review, Sarah! We greatly appreciate it. Hope iSpring keeps serving you well! :)

Nihel
change management analyst in Canada
Marketing & Advertising, 501–1,000 Employees

Good for value

Comments: Around 4/5

Pros:

Easiness to use; mostly intuitive. Not too expensive.

Cons:

Some features are not perfect. For example, problems with iSpringSuite. Sometimes, the system is not working (uploading something doesn't work, etc.)

3 years ago

Hi Nihel, Thank you for sharing your thoughts about iSpring solutions! We very much appreciate it. Keep up the great work :) As per your questions, you are welcome to contact our support team ([email protected]). One of our specialists will get back to you shortly!

Edgar
colombian navy retired in Colombia
Defense & Space, Self Employed

Summary by Edgar Romero

Comments: outstanding for my studies using power point for publishing

Pros:

easy to use and wonderful conversion from power point, with a lot of friendly features like animation and videos

Cons:

It lacks option for upload directly from powerpoint

4 years ago

Hi Edgar, Thank you so much for posting your positive review here on Capterra. We very much appreciate it. Hope iSpring keeps serving you well! As per your Cons, could you please send more details to [email protected]? One of our specialists will be more than happy to assist you!

Thomas
Owner in Germany
Professional Training & Coaching, 2–10 Employees

Perfect Match: iSpring Learn and iSpring SUITE

Comments: All in all, using iSpring Learn and iSpring SUITE was a great experience and helped us to transform our training program into the online and digital world.

Pros:

We like the seamless integration between iSpring Learn and iSpring SUITE. We have a lot of existing material available as PPT slidedecks, so iSpring SUITE was a natural extension for us to create e-Learning Modules. With the seamless integration between iSpring SUITE and iSpring Learn, we were able to deploy e-Learning very quickly to our training program.

Cons:

We had some issues when importing data, as the provided template did not match our setup. But in the end, we could solve this issue quickly with the technical support. One thing we are missing is the opportunity to better track the invitation emails that have been sent to invited clients and possibly resent new messages.

3 years ago

Hi Thomas, Thank you so much for reviewing iSpring here on Capterra! It means the world to us. It's great to hear that you are happy with iSpring solution. As per your feature request, thanks a lot for sharing. I will pass it on to our Product Development team. Keep up the great work! :)

Dan
President in US
Education Management, 2–10 Employees

iSpring Learn

Comments: I've had a couple support requests. iSpring has always responded within a few hours with real support, not just "review this FAQ". Real people with real answers. It's refreshing!

Pros:

Ease of use. Support is excellent.

Cons:

None

8 years ago

Hello, Dan! Thanks for sharing! Keep up the great work :)