15 years helping Irish businesses

About Yotpo

Yotpo is a leading eCommerce marketing platform with data-driven, integrated solutions for reviews, loyalty, SMS marketing, and more.

Learn more about Yotpo

Pros:

I really love that I can set up to send reminders to my customers to leave a review. Also to offer a discount if they leave a review AND share to social media.

Cons:

YOTPO can be a little bit intimidating to dive into, but with a bit of effort you will be off and running.

Yotpo ratings

4.4
4.5
4.4
4.0

8.1/10

Yotpo has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 358 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Yotpo before?

Patrick
Patrick
ecommerce administrator in US
Food & Beverages, 2–10 Employees

a great solution for onsite and integration with PPC Shopping ads

Comments: We were happy with a previous reviews solution until we couldn't integrate with Google shopping ads but then discovered so many more options

Pros:

works great, clean interface, integration with other software and services

Cons:

A lot of options to scroll through and pricy compared to previous solution

2 years ago

Thank you so much for your feedback. If you'd like to learn more about pricing and packaging, please reach out to our customer support team.

Jo-Ann
Owner in UK
Retail, Self Employed

Great tool for SME's to manage website reviews

Comments: I love this review app. I have used others and this one is better and cheaper than those I've tried. It's so easy to set it all up and massively important for social proof.

Pros:

So easy to set up automations with Shopify so that each time a customer makes a pruchase they are automatically sent a review request after a certain period

Cons:

Can be a bit slow, and the inability to import reviews from other marketplaces and websites (i.e. Etsy, Google, Amazon, Trustpilot) automatically makes it a slow manual process - through which you can only upload product (not site) reviews.

Jarah
holistic nutritionist in US
Alternative Medicine, 2–10 Employees

It is Worth it

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

very easy to use, customizable, the analytics are easy to read and track . Services are affordable

Cons:

I don't have any cons from using the Yotpo app

Albin
Back Office Agent in Sweden
Internet, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Feels quite basic, but lacks functionallity

Comments: We have used Yotbo for a few years, and since it's implemented on our website it is hard for us to abandon Yotpo, although we really want to.

Pros:

A lot of automatic features, and the software takes care of most things.

Cons:

1. In the Q/A-section there is a "Send to past shoppers"-button. We absolutely hate this button, and there is no option to hide or remove it. It's very easy to accidentally press the button and then an e-mail is sent to hundreds of customers saying our company needs help answering the question. When this happens, we get a lot of angry e-mails from customers asking what we are doing and telling us how incompetent we are. Sometimes people provide personal information in their questions, and if we accidentally send these questions (and personal information) to other customers, we might get sued. 2. There were two of us working in Yotpo, and it was a bit problematic. During the summer there were six of us, and we had to come up with our own solutions to prevent two or three of us not to answer the same reviews, or four of us trying to find the answer to the same question. There is no way to see what questions your colleagues are working with, and no way to make notes on a question or review. We usually spend an hour every day copying all the questions to a separate online document, and all the reviews (with rating, user e-mail address, and order number) to another document to be able to handle it.

4 years ago

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. Firstly, we'd like to apologize for any inconvenience, we absolutely understand your frustration. We are constantly working on improving our product, and your feedback is incredibly valuable to our process. Please know that our support team is at your disposal and are ready to help you with any issues you might be experiencing. Again, we'd like to thank you for sharing your feedback with us, it is a critical part of our ongoing efforts to improve.

Jeanette
Owner in US
Retail, Self Employed

Goodbye Mailchimp! Hello Yotpo!

Comments: I'm very pleased. I'm also impressed with the staff. They've been super helpful and friendly.

Pros:

I loved the ability to keep everything all in one place. It's super user friendly (although I'm still learning every day) .

Cons:

Wish there were more options for email templates. Sometimes I don't have time to custom create a new look so if there were more options where I could just plug in my over verbiage and photos of products it would be super helpful.

4 years ago

Thank you for leaving a review! We really appreciate your feedback.

Director of Daily Operations in US
Retail, 11–50 Employees

Easy To Use

Comments: It's been great for the most part.

Pros:

I like that I get notified of every review that comes in or if there is a negative review that need attention. I also like that there is a feature for a customer to select they did not receive their product if they did not receive it.

Cons:

I don't like that I don't believe there is an option for users to amend their reviews. If somebody leaves a negative review but we take care of them, it would be nice to send a follow up prompt saying something like. "It looks like the company was able to resolve your issue or concerns, would you like to amend your review?" It's very unlikely that the person will go back and write a new review since they are now no longer prompted to do a review.

5 years ago

Hi Justin, thank you so much for leaving a review! We really appreciate hearing your feedback and are happy to hear you're having a positive experience with Yotpo. As far as changing or updating reviews, we absolutely understand your frustration, but to confirm- do not offer that capability. What you can do is resend an Automatic Review Request email which will replace the existing review that's no longer relevant. Here's a link that should help: https://support.yotpo.com/en/article/resending-an-automatic-review-request-email

Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Best bang for your buck!

Comments: Overall experience is excellent. Yotpo has driven much higher customer engagement and conversions.

Pros:

Yotpo beats other review services at this price point with easier integration, more customer engagement that converts to sales, and your traffic STAYS on your website!

Cons:

1) There is no 'bare bones' account option, so we are paying for many features we don't need.2) The system doesn't include multiple language support, so non-english reviews are mistakenly flagged for profanity.

last year

We appreciate your feedback and we're happy to learn that you're enjoying Yotpo Reviews. We're continuously working to improve our pricing and packaging options. If you'd like to learn more, reach out to our team for details.

Stephen
Digital Experience Manager in US
Consumer Goods, 11–50 Employees

Mature But Expensive Reviews Platform

Comments: We've been able to collect a lot of reviews quickly with the tool and it's been great to be able to customize to the exact look and feel we want. But it is expensive and missing some features I would want like a review request send integration with our ESP.

Pros:

The platform has a lot of mature features including some interesting AI-driven tools to display review hightlight. You can do advanced customization of the widget CSS to style it with your fonts and get it looking exactly how you want. We're collecting a good rate of reviews at around 6%.

Cons:

It's very expensive relative to competitors like Okendo or Stamped — double, almost triple the price. It has a few additional features like Google Seller Ratings for Google text ads and the AI-driven highlights, but aside from that, the value is questionable compared to those options. I also don't like that I can't send review requests with our ESP, Klaviyo. I would really love the aggregate analytics on email sends by sending with one platform. It would also allow us to segment users by country or purchase easier since Klaviyo has far superior segmentation tools.

4 years ago

Hi Stephen! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are constantly working on improving our product and our customer service, so we really appreciate your feedback.

Founder in US
Retail, 2–10 Employees

Probably one of my favorite apps for my shop

Comments: I have had a great experience. I think it is pretty awesome, and I am even using other apps of theirs due to this

Pros:

The best feature IMO is the use of the app for free up until the first 50 purchases.

Cons:

The least favorite was the inability to try some of the premium features, such as some of the review setup options, so some stuff I did not know if it was worth up[grading early to get.

Abraham
Retail, 2–10 Employees

Great functionality but...

Comments: Onboarding experience was great. Like the personal touch everything gets.

Pros:

I like that with Yotpo I own my reviews and I get much more control over design. When onboarding Yotpo provided a personal dev team to design my Review portal to make it match the feel and look of my store.

Cons:

I was hoping that Yotpo will increase reviews and customer engagement however the case seems to be that less people are leaving reviews and engaging with the reviews and Q&A. I also don't like that the Q&A section doesn't have a search bar when the Q&A section is separate for the reviews tab. And finally the app is very expensive and especially if in getting less activity with the reviews and Q&A I don't know if the cost is worth it.

5 years ago

Hi Abraham, thank you so much for leaving a review! We really appreciate your feedback and are constantly working on finding ways to improve our product and better serve our customers. We hear your frustration and have reached out to one of the team members on your account - they'll be getting in touch to work together on easing some of these concerns.

Seth
Marketing Manager in US
Sporting Goods, 11–50 Employees

Yotpo Provided Brand Credibility

Comments: Yotpo gave credibility to our brand. We were using a generic review solution previously. While we did have some reviews, we weren't collecting new reviews very quickly and the overall format of them didn't provide any sort of confidence to potential customers that they were legitimate reviews. Yotpo immediately improved our review collection rate and gave new potential customers that these were reviews from real golfers who had been using our product.

Pros:

The best thing about Yotpo is it works really well no matter how much time and attention I give it every day. It works best when I'm responding to reviews and using the social boost features to take advantage of all the great reviews that we're receiving. However, if I'm overwhelmed with other work, then I don't HAVE to log in and check things. Yotpo just works.

Cons:

It's not inexpensive, but it's definitely worth the money. I had to "go to bat" in order for our company to adopt this solution, but it didn't take long for everyone to see the value. And now there's no question that Yotpo provides a big boost to our brand, user experience, SEO, and advertising.

5 years ago

Hi Seth! Thank you for the glowing review! We're so happy that you're enjoying Yotpo and seeing the results. We're constantly working to improve our product and better serve our customers, so we really appreciate your feedback.

Ellie
Digital Operations Manager in Canada
Retail, 11–50 Employees

Premium customer reviews solution

Comments: Yotpo has really let us use user-generated content to increase our conversion rates while helping us offset the cost of creating our own content, with more authentic content.

Pros:

Yotpo has an easy to use interface and has robust and well thought out features and tools for collecting user reviews and photos and displaying them on our websites to really make an impact with customers. Additionally, our account rep is super responsive and helpful with any questions or issues we run into.

Cons:

It does have a higher price tag to some of its competitors, that said, the polish within the product and reliability isn't something you find in all SAS solutions.

5 years ago

Hi Ellie! We're so happy to hear you're enjoying Yotpo. Our price structure varies depending on the business needs and we're happy to hear that you're seeing the results on your site. Thank you for leaving a review, we really appreciate your feedback.

Matthew
Principal in US
Food & Beverages, Self Employed

Easy To Use, Looks Nice, Cheaper Alternatives

Comments: Great tech, easy to implement, easy to use, contains a ton of features - it's just overpriced.

Pros:

Yotpo is easy to implement and use. Being able to create Facebook ads directly from customer reviews is incredibly valuable and has brought large amounts of revenue to our store.

Cons:

There are cheaper alternatives (MUCH cheaper) that do the exact same thing and even do most things better. Yotpo does appear to be severely overprice, in my honest opinion.

5 years ago

Hi there, thanks for leaving a review. Our pricing is catered to the needs & wishlists of the brands we work with and we're extremely sorry to hear that you weren't able to see the value of Yotpo in your experience. Every review, positive and negative, plays a big role in how we evolve our product and teams, and really appreciate you leaving your feedback.

Adam

Reviews Sourced the Right Whey ~ AGN Roots

Comments: Yotpo creates the best review app for Shopify without question. I Love the, Subscribe & Save, Reviews Features, Integrations, and most of all, the various stars at all levels, including customer-facing services. I get emailed daily by competitors and always respond, "If you can do it better than YotPo - I'm in" I have yet to consider changing services and find that working with the technical talents of YoTpo has raised my expectations too high to be emailed a 2nd time by competitors in the Shopify integration space.

Pros:

1. The people behind it the Apps 2. The technology software 3. The accreditation built over time

Cons:

I wish the google integration was more affordable (The ability to see my product ratings on Google Search). To pay several hundred per month for that feature is a bummer; that's not a software glitch, that's more of a Google is ripping Yotpo Off glitch & Yotpo has to cover their costs - I am but a humble business who donates processed and thus wants ALL the features for less :)

2 years ago

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this review, we really appreciate it. We are constantly iterating our plan options in an effort to provide the best solution for our customers at each point in their journey; however, we understand that it doesn't work for everyone. If you have any questions regarding your current plan and features or any of our other plans, please feel free to reach out to our support team at any time.

Katrina
Marketing Assistant in US
Building Materials, 51–200 Employees

Valuable for ECommerce

Comments: I've had an overall positive experience with Yotpo because is helps our customers see past product reviews and project images.

Pros:

I like that we are able to show our future customers products they are looking for, as well as display honest, customer feedback. This adds to the overall shopping experience.

Cons:

There are some technical issues that I have not been able to do or figure out over the years. Even with development help, we still run into issues occasionally.

last year

Thanks so much for sharing your feedback — we're happy to hear that you're enjoying Yotpo Reviews. If you ever have questions about specific functionality or features, we encourage you to reach out to our support team for assistance.

Automotive, 2–10 Employees

Used to be great. Is terrible now

Comments: Terrible. They want us to pay 10-20 times more than we used to.

Pros:

It's easy to use and has all the features a small business needs to get reviews

Cons:

ITS SO EXPENSIVE. It used to be $20-30 a month. It is now hundreds of dollars per month for the same features.

5 years ago

Hi there, thanks for leaving a review, we always appreciate hearing from our customers and please know that it's a crucial part of how we grow and adjust our product, services, and pricing. I'm happy to hear that you were able to see the value of Yotpo initially and am definitely sympathetic to changes that impacted your experience with the platform as time went on- we absolutely hear and understand your frustration. The pricing structure is catered to and scales with the needs and wishlists of each business. On our side, major improvements and developments have been made to Yotpo and its features and our pricing has adjusted accordingly. We do offer a free plan for businesses to get started and as their needs grow, our pricing plans reflect that. Again, thank you for your feedback!

Lauren
Consumer Goods, 2–10 Employees

Great tool for growing and managing reviews

Comments: Our overall experience using Yotpo has been great. It has helped us to engage our customers, collect nearly 500 reviews, and showcase them to help drive future purchases.

Pros:

The Yotpo platform is easy to use, and makes collecting and managing reviews pretty seamless. I also love how our Yotpo account manager makes improvement suggestions, and offers to implement them on our behalf. The support team at Yotpo is also very helpful, especially for a SMB like ours that doesn't always have a developer available to make a change. They are quick to reply and incredibly helpful in implementing changes.

Cons:

I wish it were easier to customize aesthetic without requiring developer or support assistance.

3 years ago

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're thrilled to hear that you're already seeing the positive impact of Yotpo on your site.

Gene
Owner in US
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 2–10 Employees

YOTPO Really Works!

Comments: See Above.

Pros:

The fact that it really works as advertised. The first 6 years we were in business we gathered some 200+ reviews for various products. In the last 4 years we have gathered nearly 3500 reviews for various products and the website. The reviews are presented in a professional manner on the website and the star ratings are featured in web searches.

Cons:

I am not a web guru or coding guy. Some knowledge of these items is necessary for proper implementation of the software. I really appreciate the semi-annual checkups from the YOTPO service technicians. They are very helpful.

5 years ago

Thanks so much for leaving a review! Happy to hear you're enjoying Yotpo & our customer support team is hitting the mark.

Rachel
Food Production, 2–10 Employees

Great boost for small business to grow solid reputation!!!

Comments: Yotpo has given us credibility! We have 400 online reviews now and it encourages onlookers to proceed to the checkout with confidence.

Pros:

Ease of use for our customers, clean cut, great visual with the stars at the top of each review, easy to implement into our website in the places we want it seen.

Cons:

Would love if a customer wrote a review 1x, that they no longer receive emails in the future, still asking them to write another one. We only offer a discount to customers for their 1st review, so it is annoying to them to keep getting yotpo requests with orders, time after time.

4 years ago

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We're happy to hear you're enjoying using Yotpo and seeing the positive impact on your store! Feel free to contact our customer support at any time, we will do everything we can to assist you with your issue.

Russell
Furniture, 2–10 Employees

While expensive, Yotpo has been extremely helpful for us in capturing content and converting leads.

Comments: Yotpo provided us with the ability to get real "third party" reviews from customers and post them on our site. This gave us instant credibility and validated the quality of our product which led to a higher conversion rate. We were also able to use this customer generated content for social media ads which led to more unique visitors and in turn, more sales.

Pros:

The software is extremely easy to use and customize. With Yotpo, we were able to launch with a dedicated reviews page and reviews carousel that was completely customized to fit the look and feel of our site. Emails to customers requesting reviews are super simply and easy to publish to the site. Yotpo has really helped in validating and providing credibility to our product and brand.

Cons:

Price. They have pretty aggressive sales reps and only work on annual contracts. While effective, it's by far our largest software subscription in terms of spend. We locked ourselves into the pro version and once you implement it on your site, it's difficult to downgrade to a cheaper version.

aireen
Chief E-commerce Officer in US
Consumer Goods, 11–50 Employees

A bit expensive

Comments: We tried YOTPO for a year. The price was high compared to what we needed, so didn't renew. Needed only the Review function and SEO, not the rest. I think the pricing, which is based on the amount of review e-mails sent, is not a valid way of pricing. It does not take into account the % who respond with a review, which is the more accurate metric. If the price was based on # of reviews received, it would reflect on the product's ease of use. It could also be based on features used, which is another metric based on the value a merchant places on the features.
Also, not having the reviews in HTML so it can be searched is a big drawback. Hope this helps.

Pros:

- Sending out reviews w/ up-sell opportunities - Reporting capabilities - User interface to display reviews is nice on the website - Rich snippet feature for SEO

Cons:

- the Moderation menu got more confusing. I liked the old interface better--it was easier to follow. - Support doesn't respond right away. It can take a day or two to resolve an issue. - The Reviews are not searchable so doesn't contribute to SEO.

Apryl
Owner/maker in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed

Great all around

Pros:

I use both yotpo reviews and yotpo customer loyalty. Both are fantastic. I have received hundreds of reviews from the automatic email requests. The loyalty system is ready to set up and many customers love it.

Cons:

I would love to have the option for customer questions on product pages but this is only available with a higher tier program which I'm not a big enough business to make sense of purchasing that tier. I wish there was an option to add on a la carte style, without having to increase the plan price so much.

4 years ago

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. We're happy to hear you're enjoying both Yotpo Reviews and Yotpo Loyalty! We are always working on improving and adjusting our pricing in an ongoing effort to match our clients with the plan that best fits their needs. If you have any questions or concerns regarding your current plan or our other plans, please feel free to reach out to us at any time and we will do our utmost to help you.

Deja
Director in UK
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Great product, great results!

Comments: On the whole it’s been very effective and easy to gather reviews. It’s not that expensive compared to competitors either. I would recommend some more information on how to add specific product reviews as this is something I have struggled with

Pros:

I like the ease of set up and implementation across our platform. Being short for time and initially low on budget, I needed a cost effective solution that was simple to put in place. Yotpo has delivered consistently for over 2 years of my business using the service

Cons:

There could be more information in adding specific product reviews under products. Specific product reviews have not shown up on all of my product pages

4 years ago

Thank you for leaving a review. We're so happy to hear you've been enjoying using Yotpo and that you're seeing the positive impact! Please do not hesitate to contact our customer support if you have any questions about our features or if you are having any issues with publishing reviews - we will be more than happy to assist you.

Mike
Apparel & Fashion, 11–50 Employees

The perfect review app for scaling ecommerce businesses

Comments: At a very basic level, Yotpo has been great at getting us quality reviews. But Yotpo is much more than just a review platform because we are using it as part of our post purchase customer experience with triggered email sent to our customers a couple weeks after they have placed their order. This email is a great opportunity to keep the line of communication with the customer open and with the discount code integrations with Shopify we are able to send out incentives for reviews which not only encourages more reviews on our site, but it also encourages repeat purchase activity from these customers. This helps us build a higher average LTV because customers are incentivized to shop, review, and repeat. Yotpo has also been great for scaling our business. We started with a very basic package that was easy to integrate into our Shopify site(up and running in a day), but we have upgraded along the way and are now using a more robust offering that allows us to send dynamic coupon codes(to eliminate the chance of code abuse), add fit details to the review pages, and make the reviews searchable in google listings. These features and functionality allow us to look and function the review section of our site at a level that is comparable to much larger competitors and ecommerce companies. Overall, Yotpo is a no-brainer for your business.

James
Head of Design in UK
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

Good review platform, some quirks

Pros:

Overall the platform is great, easy to use and the back end has everything you need. Simple customisation is easy, but we opted for modifying the templates which took​ some time to figure out with using Liquid partials etc​.

Cons:

Some things aren't very customisable, such as the text for different tagged products. We have one site where we are tagging two different types of product so want the text to reflect the two products, but that isn't an option. When testing live review data you can only send to an email once as it thinks​ it's a real customer. The testing method to see if an email looks ok doesn't use live data so it can't be checked.

5 years ago

Hi James! Thank you so much for leaving a review, we really appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear you're enjoying the platform. We hear your frustrations and I've put in a request to our team to consider the tagged product text customization as they continue to improve the product. As for testing live review data, that is currently the case- if you want to test it live, you can always send the request to support and we will manually send the review request for a specific product.