• Overall
    4.5 /5
    4.6 /5
    4.5 /5

About Atera

Atera is the ultimate all-in-one RMM Software for MSPs and IT Pros. Fixed Cost with unlimited devices, Its that simple. Try for free.

Learn more about Atera

Frank G.
Principal Solutions Engineer
  • Reviewed on 10/9/2020

"Great RMM product"

Comments: always friendly and supportive.

Pros: ATERA is easy to use, fast and very reliable platform for remote management and

Cons: There is nothing I dont like with ATERA, it supports antivirus and backup (via webroot and acronis)

by Atera on 8/2/2021

Thank you for the kind words, Frank!
Happy to be a long-term vendor and partner of yours!

• Reviewed on 10/9/2020
Bhasker C.
IT Infra & Cloud Architect
Computer & Network Security, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/10/2020

"Cost effective product"

Comments: Better than our old RMM specially with cost and features that is offered.

Pros: First most thing I like is easy to access all the features without any complicated menus. Deploying the agent using command line options helps me to rollout for mass deployment. The splashtop is fast and easy to connect that also gives you the messaging option on the top instead of going through manage> chat. Connecting to remote is faster than the other RMM we used before. Their chat support is instant, i never had to wait for more than a min anytime i try to contact support

Cons: Lot of times the chat from the manage option will not work. I would like to have the feature of searching by custom field we create or to generate reports using custom field.

by Atera on 17/2/2021

Bhasker, thank you for the detailed review, and we are glad to see you enjoying so many of our features! Custom fields can be used in a search from either the devices or the tickets view, and we have recently made it possible to display/export custom fields using the API, which has been a requested feature for a while. This should save you some time in optimizing your workflow and finding out what you need faster.

• Reviewed on 21/10/2020
Brian S.
IT manager
Pharmaceuticals, 201-500 Employees

"Legacy Atera Review"

Comments: I've had an overall positive experience with Atera

Pros: I like the intuitive nature of it and how it is always evolving.

Cons: I would like atera to integrate with active directory. It would be extremely useful if end users could log into the portal with their same windows credentials.

Andre H.
  • Reviewed on 29/1/2021

"Great value. The features and functions continue to grow and get better all the time."

Comments: Extremely happy. I have sent several feature requests. Support team responds very quickly even if I just have a quick question. Very clean interface. I don't like cluttered screens and this one has just enough info to not be overwhelming.

Pros: Deployment is very using using Group Policy and provided MSI. You can create a custom MSI for each client. Alerts are immediate. Remote access is extremely fast and reliable. Customized branding looks great!. Create your own Power Shell scripts and schedule or launch when needed. Saves a tonne of time. Monitor SNMP devices and Network devices. Glad I no longer have to host this my self. It's nice to have this service in the cloud.

Cons: Reports need improving. Very limited. I'd like the ability to cherry pick what I want in the report. Example: Computer Name, CPU, RAM, HDD or SSD, OS ver, Date Last Seen. Although I can export a report that contains this info, it also contains all other info that needs to be trimmed down in Excel. Reporting should be a quick process.

• Reviewed on 29/1/2021
Avi V.

"Ater is great"

Comments: Atera have improve they product a lot, and continue doing that on daily basis.

Pros: Stability, Atera just work great without any issues

Cons: Not sure if missing, but I would like more option for a payments and management for my employee like access to KB and creation

Saad M.
  • Reviewed on 23/12/2019

"Most options available for a small MSP"

Comments: Overall we love ATERA, we use it daily to perform several tasks, monitor our client's entire networks and PC's we are then able to suggest improvements and stay on top of our client's needs.

Pros: Atera's Pricing model that includes most services and unlimited nodes for one price. The support is also excellent

Cons: Nothing to Dislike but Lack of Linux agent is killing us.

Howard R.
  • Reviewed on 30/11/2020

"Great product with improvements rolled out monthly"

Pros: Deployment through Group Policy is VERY easy as the installer is a very small MSI.

Cons: Management for non-windows based machines is till not great. Mac OS deployment is very clunky and manual. Linux agent does not yet exist, but is apparently coming. Manually adding SNMP objects is still very clunky. The device layout screen is not customizable and looks like a wall of text. Atera has said these changes are coming, and their follow through this year on promised features vs deployed features is pretty good. So I'm optimistic this will be in place soon.

• Reviewed on 30/11/2020
Tom K.
  • Reviewed on 24/11/2020

"Easy to Use"

Comments: We have asked for enhancements and another report for client SLA reporting. They have been good in walking us through setting up the self serve portal and an additional SLA report.

Pros: We came off of a much expensive RMM tool. Atera has all the features that we were looking for. Adding another device to monitor is easy and does not increase your costs.

Cons: Since the time we started with them they have expanded their integration to billing and added an app that we can use. You get what you pay for and we are getting a lot more value than we got with our previous tool.

• Reviewed on 24/11/2020
Aaron L.
Managing Member
Computer Networking, Self Employed

"Great Product!"

Pros: I like the price and the features that come with it. Especially the integration with Webroot!

Cons: It is so easy to use that I have a hard time finding the cons. There are some features that I don't use at all, such as the knowledgebase.

Jorge T.
IT engineer

"Atera Anywhere"

Pros: I love the fact that Atera is accessible anywhere. Computer, Laptop, Phone or Tablet. Anywhere that I am, I have full access to my workstations. At anytime a customer can call with help and I am able to connect on the spot to their computer to help. Also the Auditing system, which allows you to filter computers and categorize hardware and software is an amazing feature. I cannot stress the importance of this tool and its capabilities for someone that has so many computers to manage.

Cons: I feel like Agent can sometimes show a computer offline when its not. Sometimes the Agent can even show offline and immediately come online. Also a more portable version of the agent would be nice. Once upon a time i could carry my agent installer in a USB and from there i could install the end for any computer and choose what company folder it belong to.

Josh W.
  • Reviewed on 11/7/2019

"Amazing features and disruptive pricing"

Pros: The pricing was the biggest draw card for us. Making it an IT Tool not an added service we onsell to our clients. The API is helpful

Cons: There is no true app, we have written our own to make it easier for our techs to get data into the system

• Reviewed on 11/7/2019
Philip D.
Information Security Specialist
Veterinary, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/3/2019

"Atera = More Sleep"

Comments: My experience has been pretty good so far with Atera. It has definitely improved in the last few months as some major patches were released.

Pros: I love that I can have unlimited endpoints. Ease of use from phone, tablet, and computer. Reporting is great for the boss and the board to see how we are doing tech wise. Tech support is always getting involved and going above and beyond for my requests.

Cons: Splashtop is not always the most responsive. Lacking some automation that is provided by other companies such as Labtech and Kaseya. Does not integrate with trend micro.

by Atera on 17/4/2019

Thanks so much for your feedback, Philip! We are happy to hear about your positive experience working with us, and are using your feedback to make our system even better. As always please feel free to reach out to us at any time.

• Reviewed on 25/3/2019
Sheri C.
Partner
Computer Networking, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/7/2020

"Atera RMM is quick, easy, inexpensive and adding new features constantly"

Comments: As an RMM it's awesome, we are learning more and have utilized the remote agents for clients, that struggle with VPN's and use it for training between clients. We are switching to Webroot to have one less dashboard to log into, it would be nice if some of our other vendors were incorporated as well.

Pros: Speed, Reliability, Information, it works quickly, adding users & clients is easy, remote agents and reporting works great.

Cons: I'd like it to have more PSA features, it has contracts and ticketing but we can't add inventory items, if we do they don't match up with actual items in our accounting system, Quickbooks, so we aren't using the time or invoicing features from Atera.

• Reviewed on 14/7/2020
Shaun A.
Senior Technician
11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/3/2018

"Easy to setup and always evolving in the right ways"

Comments: Scaled up very fast with minimum overheads.

Pros: Easy to use, SAAS based, unlimited endpoints, great price, solid product with great support.
I have used labtech, kaseya with connectwise and Naverisk and no place I have worked at has ever utilised each of the products to their capacity, especially compared to the price.
No sense in having un-used features.
We have built our Atera instance "our way" to suit our method of doing business and it's amazing.
It covers everything we require and is still evolving, but that's part of the fun.

Cons: OSX support is additional.
"Select All" to apply script would be useful.
Billing / time recording could be more polished.

• Reviewed on 12/3/2018
Brandon B.
IT Manager
  • Reviewed on 15/7/2020

"Life Saver"

Comments: Its easily saved our IT department resources and money over the time

Pros: Splashtop integration feature for troubleshooting this has been a life saver during the Covid Pandemic

Cons: I wish Infrastructure monitoring had the ability to be more detailed

• Reviewed on 15/7/2020
Cassio S.

"Great tool!"

Comments: We use Atera everyday to support around 400 devices, and it just do your job! We can access all our managed devices remotely seamlessly and offer a great experience to our customers. Thanks Atera!

Pros: Its very easy to get started with Atera. All features works out of the box, you just need to create a customer, install agent on costumer's computers and you're good to go!

Cons: Some recently updates added features as "paid addons".

Lee T.
MSP Owner / Manager
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 30/12/2020

"Finally, Full Systems Monitoring/Management solutions for MSP providers without breaking the bank!"

Comments: Easy to deploy, and manage all client machines with little effort from a monthly basis compared to previous MSP tool sets available.

Pros: Easy deployment and instant payback with all reporting and alerts based on the criteria defined in the template created in Atera for alerts as the agents begin to update the databases for Atera!

Cons: The only downfall so far is the ability to generate reports for customer sites. IE: Show me all machines with Windows 7 and only 4GB of RAM and be able to sort by site locations of customers. Otherwise, there have not been any other real show stoppers for us!

• Reviewed on 30/12/2020
Alex T.
technician
Computer Networking, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/12/2019

"Cost Effective, Efficient, Easy to use"

Comments: All of our clients are accessible in one centralized location, saving us lots of time. The data collection has also increased our ability to perform preventative maintenance. I can definitely tell Atera gets better with each update

Pros: Atera is simple to use and implement. It has made training easier because the GUI is fairly intuitive.

Cons: The agents will sometimes go offline, usually requiring a manual restart of the services. We have used scripts on affected machines to remedy this.

• Reviewed on 29/12/2019
Christopher C.
IT Support Specialist and Consultant
  • Reviewed on 13/1/2020

"Perfect fit"

Comments: Fast connect to my clients to fix issues on the fly out when scheduled. Portal is user friendly and I'm looking forward to Atera adding new services to make day to day life easier and more efficient.

Pros: Easy to use and setup is self explanatory.

Cons: I have to create my own scripts to perform some actions.

• Reviewed on 13/1/2020
Toby M.
  • Reviewed on 14/4/2016

"Undoubtably one of the easiest Cloud Based MSP solutions on the market."

Comments: We've swapped from SolarWinds N-Able and haven't looked back. There are some more advanced management features missing that some of other providers offer however in reality we rarely used them and when we did they were exceptionally complicated and usually it was just easier to remote into the machine and fix manually. Support from the Atera team has been great and there's been several updates to the system adding new features in three months we've been using it (specifically focusing on requests from the end users).

Pros: * Easy to install light weight Agent
* Quick Remote Support Tool
* Easy per Technician Pricing Structure with Unlimited Device Management
* Integrated Cloud Backup and Email Threat/Spam Protection
* Modern, Clean Cloud based User Interface and Dashboard
* Built-In Ticketing System integrates with supported Zapier apps for Accounting and Billing
* Ticketing System has time tracking built it.
* Audible Alerts on Device Failure
* Help Desk agent allows clients to submit tickets with key-combination (Screen shots are attached to the ticket)

Cons: * Lacks the advanced Remote Command Prompt other solutions provide.
* No Apple Mac Agent (Mac clients are monitored via SNMP)
* Mobile portal lacks some of the features of the full site.
* No Integrated AV (But has support to monitor third party AV)
* No Dedicated Mobile App (Though they focus heavily on their Mobile Portal)
* Would like more options to customization the branding

• Reviewed on 14/4/2016
  • Reviewed on 29/3/2019

"Need a RMM"

Pros: RMM and PSA is easy to use and can learn real quickly

Cons: Only Endpoint Security is Webroot. Also they do not have their own Cloud Backup.

by Atera on 17/4/2019

Thanks so much! We are happy to hear about your great experience working with us. As always please feel free to reach out to us at any time.

• Reviewed on 29/3/2019
Rafael A.
IT Director
  • Reviewed on 27/7/2019

"deja vu"

Comments: great platform HORRIBLE SUPPORT

Pros: cheap and functionality, other than that you're on your own if you need their hep, THE SUPPORT SUCKS!!!

Cons: horrible support, once again here writing a review because it seems I only get attention if I do this, this people have no regard for their clients, takes over 48 hours to get a stupid not helpful reply just for them to stop the clock.

• Reviewed on 27/7/2019
Tyler H.
IT Administrator
Construction, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/7/2019

"Atera is a great Product"

Pros: I like its Easy use and remote support also their customer service and cost.

Cons: nothing i wouldnt change anything about it as of right now the updates just make it better.

• Reviewed on 23/7/2019
  • Reviewed on 11/4/2019

"Excellent tool for MSP's big and small"

Comments: My experience has been nothing but stellar. If I need help support is right their to assist. I am glad I have teamed up with Atera!

Pros: The fact that the console is very easy to navigate and the per technician pricing was a huge selling point for my start-up company.

Cons: At this point it could be a little bit more robust, but the changes that I have been seeing over the last 6+ months Atera is rising to the top.

by Atera on 17/4/2019

Thanks so much! We are happy to be part of your extended team. As always please feel free to reach out to us at any time!

• Reviewed on 11/4/2019
Zachary S.
IT Support Specialist
Legal Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 7/3/2019

"Great Overall RMM Platform"

Comments: A+ so far. Haven't had any trouble since implementing it a few months ago.

Pros: This is the perfect choice for a small RMM shop or small internal IT department. Low cost, easy rollout, detailed reporting and great support.

Cons: Some additional integrations with other softwares and a better selection of integrated Antivirus softwares would be great.

• Reviewed on 7/3/2019