15 years helping Irish businesses

About Tidio

Tidio is a customer service platform that enables you to provide timely support and generate sales with live chat, automation and AI

Learn more about Tidio

Pros:

The integration was as easy as possible. The interface is intuitive and simple to navigate.

Cons:

Its got limited export capability and some granular metrics I like to follow seem to be missing. Their add-on/upgrade structure also feels uneven and confusing.

Tidio ratings

4.5

8.8/10

Tidio has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 447 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Tidio before?

Pedro
Pedro
CEO in Portugal
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

A very stable and complete chat platform

Pros:

It's definitely easy to use and the way a novice user can quickly learn how to setup a chat and even a chatbot it's amazing. We just have to point our customers to Tidio and they do nearly everything themselves.

Cons:

Prices could eventually be a little bit nicer or the options included in a basic plan could be a little bit better. Other than that, I think there's not much to say.

Marianela
Marianela
Water Treatment and Environmental Management Consultant in Panama
Chemicals, 51–200 Employees

Tidio, an interactive platform aimed at increasing the service process and increasing sales.

Comments: Tidio is an efficient and stable platform, it has analytical tools to understand the behavior of our customers and make constant improvements in our service processes, on the other hand, it integrates with third parties to increase the experience with customers and within our organization. It records visitor history and makes it easy for us to follow up to convert leads into customers, and in general, makes the job of customer service agents a lot easier.There is no doubt that TIDIO's live chat software empowers interaction effectively and offers the fastest and easiest way to help our website visitors.

Pros:

The Tidio implementation process is simple and fast, and after a quick installation, we can start interacting in real-time with our leads and clients or offline. The widget to interact offline indicates to the user that there is no service agent at this time and the offline status is distinguished with a brief note so that our customers know that they can contact us with a form that will allow us to serve them as soon as possible. brevity.With Tidio, the offline email notification option is very useful as it allows us to receive queries from our website visitors directly in our email. And in the event that we are online, we can receive automatic notifications about new chats, new messages, and data about visitors who enter our website.

Cons:

Tidio is a very stable and efficient platform when it comes to registering and providing a service process in real-time or offline in a web environment, for small and medium-sized companies. In general, it provides all the mechanisms to monitor for continuous improvement. It also favors analytics-based tracking, which is really the biggest advantage of using this type of platform and as long as we're not talking about large corporations, Tidio will be able to cover all our needs.

Dominick
Founder in Netherlands

Looks great on the outside but features not fully completed

Pros:

The app looks great on the outside: email, chat, Facebook messenger, integrations. But once you fully test the product you notice the many flaws.

Cons:

1. When a user leaves your page and an operator responds the user will not be notified. 2. The message box is only refreshed when the page is open, so if a visitor is using multiple tabs they will not receive replies. 3. Integrations are all manual, which means. You have to reopen all conversations, open the user profile, press the preferences and send the log to the integration. Imagine doing that to your crm, sync app and maybe email list. 4. I was mainly interested in Helpscout integration, and integration to integrate Facebook messenger with the app I use to manage several email accounts. Turns out, tidio created the integration but they decided not to integrate the mailbox feature. Which means if I send a chat log to help scout it be be places in a random mailbox because their app doesn't specify the mailbox. Explain this to support but got the responds: we're not looking to change integrations. 5. Validation messages aren't accurate. Sometimes you will get the message 'Saved to integration' or 'Message send' but an error prevented this from completion. I contacted support about this and time and time again there was an excuse but its my believe that I shouldn't have gotten a succes validation message, right. Support simply didn't respond to my question.

Retail, 11–50 Employees

Lost WhatsApp Sign in after integration

Pros:

Easy to use, has a nice interface, gives you a great report, and increases your customer range, customers reach you easily, and you can make all social media conversations from one place and that's awesome.

Cons:

unable to sign in to my WhatsApp account on my phone after integrating with Tidio, we only make conversations through Tidio WhatsApp chatting, and we are unable to sign in to our WhatsApp account through the WhatsApp Application and make conversations from there.

Darien
Darien
Associate Pastor in Canada
Religious Institutions, 11–50 Employees

Tidio is the first chat platform I've found to be worth paying for

Comments: Tidio has helped address a gap in our communication system caused by extended use of multiple inferior chat bot platforms that limited our performance and responses. With Tidio, we have seen a dramatic increase in people connecting with our team via the chat, and have been able to help address people's questions/issues quicker than ever before.

Pros:

Tidio offers a very simple, clean, robust and customizable interface both on their backend and on your website that helps facilitate live-chat support on a website. They offer numerous features (some I haven't used yet such as email inbox management), including a facebook messenger integration (that actually works unlike some other companies), a customizable chat window & icon, and perhaps the best feature of all - their powerful chatbot system. I cannot speak highly enough of the chatbots Tidio offers, as they give easy access to a visual builder interface to customize and build bots that can be triggered to do practically anything. Within an hour of looking at Tidio, I was hooked - and built a number of bots for our website - and within a day, saw a substantial increase in chat traffic compared to our previous platform. The beauty of the bots is that Tidio provides simple templates, that you can then customize to your needs - and the bots can be triggered on anything you want; a visit to a specific page, anytime a new person visits your site, anytime someone clicks the chat window, etc - and all of that can be accessed (in a limited fashion of course) for free. Plus as a bonus, Tidio offers native email responses to chats; so if you are like me and don't have people monitoring the chat 24/7, you can receive a notification about an incoming chat, and then respond via the chat window OR directly from Tidio via email - again, for free.

Cons:

Tidio has many features, but can be a bit daunting at first. I loved the visual builder of the chat bots, but at the same time I found it was still limited in certain areas. For example, it's all drag and drop - so the entire chatbot can start to form a jumbled mess if you're not careful. As well, they don't offer multiple triggers for one bot - for instance, if I want a bot to trigger on someone's first visit AND when someone types in a certain keyword, I can't do that. As well, their pricing structure is interesting - with three different "options" each starting at $18/month - making it so if you want to have decent chatbots, and multiple operators, and send emails, you are looking at a hefty price per month. That being said, it still is cheaper than most other offerings, and the different options help you customize your experience to tailor fit your needs

3 years ago

Hello there! It's Maciek from Tidio Support Thank you so much for such an extensive review! We really appreciate all the kind words but also the flaws you have pointed out. We strive to provide you with a product that we can really be proud of, and hearing about your positive experience, it seems like we are heading in the right direction. Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion and rate us so highly!

Jessica
Jessica
Inbound Marketing Consultant in Argentina
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Easy, fast and amazing!

Comments: I started working as a consultant for a company, and their first project was to add a chatbot to their homepage. At the moment, they had a bot that redirected to WhatsApp, and it wasn't very user friendly. They also have HubSpot's' free account, but the functions that the chatbot offers are very basic. So, I started searching for good chatbot software and came upon Tidio. From the beginning, it was really easy to use and create what I had in mind. When I showed the team the final version of the bot, they LOVED it! It was easy to understand, easy to use, and easy to implement. Overall, I had a really good experience, and I will continue considering Tidio for future clients.

Pros:

I was impressed by how easy it was to set up our multilanguage home page chatbot! In just one day, it was set up and running, and leads were coming in. Oh, and can't forget to mention that we also got to integrate it with our HubSpot account. Amazing, right?

Cons:

One of the things I had difficulty with was with keeping the lines that connect each action of the bot straight. It took me a considerable amount of time moving them around and making sure it had the correct spacing. Just as an idea, I've used other software where it automatically straightens the lines for you and adds the correct spacings between actions and branches.

3 years ago

Hi there, Thank you so much for a thorough review! We are very proud that you like our product so much! Thank you for the feedback about our Chatbots too. I will be happy to forward it to our developers for further evaluation. If anything, we're here for you! :)

Thomas
Thomas
CEO in Poland
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Inexpensive Intercom alternative that scales as you do

Comments: Very good as it was a super simple tool to get started and deploy on my website(s) to be able to start answering our user's problems in real-time

Pros:

The onboarding experience is next none and extremely easy to go from sign-up to deploying on your website. Combining this with the ability to get started without a credit card for $0 is absolutely awesome!

Cons:

Creating your first or any bot's workflow is very cumbersome and not a seamless experience. Many other tools do this better and doesn't feel so "stiff"

Eran
Eran
Founder & Chief Design Officer in Israel
Design, 2–10 Employees

Best value for money I've seen.

Comments: Love Tidio. I'm just beginning to experience its full power, and they keep adding options!

Pros:

Tidio is fully customizable, powerful, and fairly priced. You could easily end up paying 10X on some of the more extortionary chat platforms, without getting any more value.

Cons:

I really can't think of any complaints. Tidio does the job very well.

4 years ago

Thank you so much for the review! It motivates us very much, so thank you for the kind words :)

Divaldo
CEO in Portugal
Consumer Services, Self Employed

Perfect chat for websites

Comments: It was and is an excellent tool, I still use it on some websites. The online chat and integration with websites is one of the great things that I really liked. It also has an excellent solution for email marketing.

Pros:

For years TIDIO has been my number 1 choice for all websites. Very simple to use with an app for computers and smartphones, you can have complete control.

Cons:

Besides the price I have no other reason to complain.

Jo-Ann
Owner in UK
Retail, Self Employed

Excellent Live Chat Option for SME's

Comments: I love using Tidio, I have used other chat apps and this one is the cheapest and easiest for ensuring my customers can always reach out for support via the website. The mobile app is a huge plus.

Pros:

So easy to set up on Shopify. Intuitive admin lets you set up the chat bot with ease.

Cons:

Quite difficult to set up conversation flows

Stephanie
Head of Customer Support in US
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

Great Alternative to Intercom

Comments: My experience with them has been great. It's a nice cheap alternative and we look forward to watching them grow.

Pros:

I like how easy it is to use and implement.

Cons:

It's missing really basic features such as BOLD, ITALICS, and the ability to use hyperlinks. They put too much of an emphasis on bots but not the basics of using a chat program.

Juuso
CEO in Finland
Computer Networking, 2–10 Employees

Great!

Pros:

+ Easy + Beautiful + Beautiful + Looks great + Multiple features + Awesome support + Regularly updating

Cons:

- Not having ability to remove powered by-logo

4 years ago

Hi there Juuso, Thank you for the perfect score - I'm stoked you saw the potential in Tidio. I just wanted to let you know, that while we are not offering a fully white-label solution, we can remove the 'powered by' branding as an extra request for our customers who purchased our service for a min. $55 per month.

Jim
Member in US
Insurance, Self Employed

Website chat software

Comments: Very satisfied. I've been using Live Chat for years and this fits my budget better.

Pros:

Tidio gets the job done. The free version is all I needed and if that changes, the paid version will add the extra benefits.

Cons:

No complaints; free version does everything I need.

5 years ago

Thank you so much for a stunning rating, Jim. We are delighted that Tidio does everything you need :)

Seweryn
CEO in UK
Internet, 2–10 Employees

Tidio Review FFBoost15

Pros:

Its simple and easy to use and set up for the developer.

Cons:

The prices are a bit expensive I would say for smaller businesses. Have you consider a discount for first 2-3 months of paying for tidio for new users?

2 years ago

Hi Seweryn! Thank you very much for your kind review :) It's great to hear that you like Tidio so far. Your feedback is very important to us. If you'd like to discuss any matters regarding your subscription, please reach out to us via our live chat, or send us an email to [email protected], and we'll look int it :)

Seth
Director in US
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 11–50 Employees

An unbelievable blend of ease, style, features and price

Comments: We run an overnight summer camp and connecting with parents (our customers) is of top importance to us to establish that we care and answer questions. Even as I was writing this review, I had the opportunity to answer a parents questions on Tidio.
There are lots of options out there : Olark, Zoho, Zendesk etc. I found Tidio to be not only the most affordable, but also the highest functioning.

Pros:

I love how easy it is to use. It's easy to use for both the customer and for the client on the website. Their app is fantastic for both android and IOS.

Cons:

Honestly, I love everything about it. There are a few features that I would use on a higher tiered paid version, but I love it!

4 years ago

Hi there Seth, Thank you for an exquisite review. I'm thrilled that you found Tidio so useful for your business. If you have any questions regarding Tidio - don't hesitate to reach out to our Support team at [email protected] or via our live chat on www.tidio.com. We would love to get the perfect score here and change the "unspecified" rate to 5 stars :-)

Cruz
Vice President in US
E-Learning, 11–50 Employees

One of the best "bang for your buck" chatbot options

Pros:

Having full control of how your chatbot interacts with customers is huge. The application is very simple to use, even for a non-technical person. The integration with adding it to your website is very straightforward and quick (coding ability required). This has been an excellent tool in our arsenal to increase sales.

Cons:

At this time, we have tried to implement the automated response feature at least once, which was when it was first offered. It didn't work the way I expected it to or maybe the data we had did not produce any results that would benefit us. I have not gone back to try it again but perhaps it should be revisited. The website and mobile application (phone: Samsung S21 ultra) are extremely slow to load up at times. I almost can't use the mobile application, which is irritating.

Anthony
Digital Marketing Manager in Bangladesh
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

For your website, a useful Live Chat tool is available

Comments: This tool makes real-time communication a breeze. I can watch users on my website in real time, including their location and what they're looking at. I can strike up a dialogue with them by delivering them exactly what they require. Bots for gathering leads are really strong - they're simple to develop conversation flows for, giving the user the impression that he's speaking with a real person:) - and they're ideal for automation.

Pros:

You're all fantastic; you're always there for me when I need you and are quite helpful. With the auto-bot, the Tidio chat app has been fantastic for our business and capturing leads while we sleep. I've had a lot of fun building various automations to help us save time answering FAQs. Thanks!

Cons:

Nothing, to be honest. Excellent customer service. It has helped us save a lot of time on support calls.

2 years ago

Hi Anthony! Thank you very much for your kind review :) It's great to hear that you like the app so much. We really appreciate your feedback, it keeps us motivated to constantly improve Tidio.

Andrew
Andrew
Founder & Creative Director in US
Apparel & Fashion, 2–10 Employees

It's Changed How We Connect With Our Customers

Pros:

By making ourselves available to our customers to answer questions through Tidio has made a huge impact on our business. For the most part, we've found our site is self-explanatory to our customers. But for the people with occasional questions about particular products or services, having access to us through Tidio makes the difference between making a sale or not. Also, being able to watch a shopper's page history (seeing where people go while on the site)is a real eyeopener. Fascinating

Cons:

Not a big issue for us, but the admin panel and notification popups can be a bit clumsy to deal with. It would be helpful to see when the customer has left the site. Nevertheless, we are very happy using Tidio.

Gonzalo
Gonzalo
Founder in Chile
Apparel & Fashion, Self Employed

Excellent

Pros:

Chatbot integration in mobile with live chat

Cons:

the first sep in setting welcome message to client

4 years ago

Hello there Gonzalo, Thank you for the fantastic review! If you find any difficulties in using Tidio - don't hesitate to reach out to our support team at [email protected]. Our agents will gladly help you out :-) Have a great day and stay safe!

Rocio
Rocio
Customer Support in Spain
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51–200 Employees

Really interesting for social network

Pros:

The best thing about Tidio is the possibility of integrating the tool with other social network chats like Messenger or Instagram.

Cons:

The price part is the most complicated to assume when your company is small. It would be nice if they could have differentiated plans for months and company sizes in terms of traffic or billing

2 years ago

Hi Rocio! Thank you so much for your kind review :) It's great to know that you like the app.

Brianna
Manager in US
Retail, 11–50 Employees

Tidio Continues to get better and Better!

Comments: So far so good. Can't wait for any other fun changes.

Pros:

I Enjoy the Fact that Tidio Has been getting Better as time goes. Really glad of these changes. Quick responses and alerts. Easy to operate.

Cons:

I dislike The fact that Tidio was not up to date. Somewhat slow at one point you can say. But nothing but good changes Now.

Trevor
System Administrator in Kenya
Information Technology & Services, 201–500 Employees

Hypernocative and brilliantastic Help Desk and Live Chat software.

Comments: Tidio is a better tool for generating more business leads and increasing sales.Tidio increases customers satisfaction.

Pros:

It's easy to talk and interact with our customers using Tidio live chat feature.It's easy to manage profiles of visitors browsing our website with Tidio.I like how I use Tidio chatbots feature to respond to our customers tickets faster.It's easy to offer our customers with the best support services with Tidio.

Cons:

There is nothing wrong with Tidio as everything works perfectly.

Edson
CEO in Colombia
E-Learning, 2–10 Employees

Great chatbot and live chat for the customer seervice and sales.

Comments: We have been using Tidio since 3 years ago and is one of our main tools to give customer support and get new clients.

Pros:

Very easy to learn and very competitive price

Cons:

They should allow the agents to delete messages in cause some error while they were whirting or uploading the worg file.

Nick
BDM in Czechia
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

Review

Comments: Chatting with potenrial clients on the website.

Pros:

Price of this sofware is good and it's eay to use

Cons:

Sometimes mobile app doesn't work, but it;s ok

Daniel
CEO in Austria
Broadcast Media, 2–10 Employees

One of the BEST Chat Apps

Pros:

Tidio is Miles ahead. It is really easy to use and it is great designed. It makes having a live chat fun. And the best thing ist also has a mobile app to chat like you would with a friend with the visitors of your website.

Cons:

It is only available in English. If you run a company outside of the US and UK it would make lif so much easier if it has the Option to switch in German oder Frensh. It's much needed that it adds language support also to the Dashboard.

3 years ago

Hi there, Thank you so much for the review! In the future we want to have the panel available in other languages too. Thank you very much for the valuable feedback!