15 years helping Irish businesses

Zoom Workplace Reviews

4.6 (13,866) Write a Review!

About Zoom Workplace

With Team Chat, Phone, AI Companion, and more, Zoom Workplace is the platform for your best work.

Learn more about Zoom Workplace

Pros:

As soon as you purchase it, you can get set up in just a few minutes. It has some great collaboration features and their customer support is quite friendly.

Cons:

The quality of videos, and microphone, sometimes it gets really bad when you're in a class or you're giving a class because this can distract the student and them could misunderstand the class.

Zoom Workplace ratings

4.6
4.4
4.5
4.5

8.8/10

Zoom Workplace has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 13,866 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Zoom Workplace before?

Filter reviews (13,866)

Rabbi Abraham
Rabbi Abraham
Teacher in US
E-Learning, Self Employed

Zoom: The dream classroom

Comments: It is an excellent platform to teach and give conferences. I have recommended it to friends, and I still continue telling people about it.

Pros:

I like the fact that you can mute all your students when you are teaching. When I am in my class, the kids must be told to keep quiet. On Zoom, you can mute them and they can raise their hand if they have a question. I decide if I want to answer them.

Cons:

Sometimes, it used to freeze while I was teaching. But that could be that my internet connection was not stable.

Leminton
Founder in US
Construction, 2–10 Employees

The best workplace for virtual communication and collaboration.

5.0 last month New

Comments: Experience with Zoom Workplace as been fantastic, worth having and also has increased and boosted productivity.

Pros:

Zoom Workplace amuses me with how it is easy and straightforward to schedule and launch a meeting based on the requirements I need like the time the meeting will take to how I want the agenda of the meeting to be. This platform also has the capability to hold a large group of participants in a single limit without limitation and hitches. I can't forget to state about how well it offers both high audio and video quality such that even if you record the meeting for future references, everything is clear and articulate.

Cons:

Not at all. I am a happy user who has been using this platform for almost a decade and the number of problems encountered is below minimum.

Wasim
Operations Manager in US
Hospital & Health Care, 11–50 Employees

Product does the job but customer services/after sales support is extremely poor

2.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Extremely poor customer service team. If the software works fine that cool but the moment you get into a technical issue or an issue with your billing then god can only save you.

Pros:

Common and known software for video meetings thats a plus which ensures people and clients know about zoom and feel comfortable security wise.

Cons:

Customer service and sales support is extremely poor. First, if you dial their customer support number or even their sales department's number there will always be a wait time of 5-10 minutes, after waiting for that long time either your call will be disconnected or while speaking the rep will simply disconnect the call. Emailing them is also of no use as you are at their mercy if they will respond or not. As an existing customer that too we are on a business plan.

arun
Digital Marketing Executive in India
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

Zoom for Online collaboration and improved virtual productivity

4.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Zoom makes it easy for me to connect and chat with my team virtually and the experience is no less than getting the job done in person. It's very to use with a simple interface. It integrated very well with other applications like Outlook and making the calendar management easy.

Pros:

Zoom is a very flexible and easy to use VC application which is helpful in scheduling meetings, maintaining calendar, communicating among teams virtually to get the job done. The screen share option enables us to look into other team members screen and share thoughts. The ease of collaborating with people across the world makes the job easy and efficient. The meeting can be recorded and can be seen later for reference purposes.

Cons:

The call quality drops at times. The voice echoing issues makes it difficult to catch up with the team in calls. At times even if I issue permission to the team members to be the host or to remote control my screen, the access doesn't work and have to issue it again. There are few security concerns while using Zoom if important information is being discusses or shared.

Steve
Clinical Demonstrator in Sri Lanka
E-Learning, 501–1,000 Employees

A Review on Zoom Workplace - By a Clinical demonstrator at Faculty of Medicine , University of Kelaniya.

Comments: OverLl experience with zoom work place is awesome. I'll give a 9 out of 10.

Pros:

The best thing is the user friendly interface. And also it is very easy to set up zoom workplace comparing to other similar apps. The accessibility is way more easier so its easy to use for all age groups. The price is all coconsiderably okay. Having features to vedio chat and message in the same time is also very important and useful.

Cons:

I had few connectivity issues, such as audio and video lag, dropped calls and screen freezing wich disrupted the flow of meetings and it decreased productivity.

Arjun
Course Instructor in India
E-Learning, 11–50 Employees

Zoom Workplace: From an Educator's point of View

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: The overall experience using Zoom Workplace was great. The user interface is designed perfectly taking into consideration educators like me.

Pros:

Apart from its competitors, I like the way it can manage large number of people at the same time most effectively.

Cons:

I feel it is a tad bit overpriced compared to its alternative sources.

Amanda
Operations Coordinator in US
Architecture & Planning, 11–50 Employees

Best tool for the modern workplace

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

Zoom Workplace is for the modern workplace, where the ability to conduct remote work is essential. The chat and screen sharing features are immensely useful, and we have had no complaints or issues with video and audio quality. Our work simply couldn't be done without Zoom.

Cons:

The chat feature could be easier to use, as sometimes the threads become long and complicated. I might try AI companion for this.

Online Media, Self Employed

Zoom Workplace: A Game Changer for Team work and remote Collaboration.

5.0 last month New

Comments: My peak of experience with Zoom Workplace has been affirmative because I have found that, it's reliable platform and user friendly platform for conducting Webinars, Zoom virtual meetings and day to day training sessions.

Pros:

What impressed me most about Zoom workplace includes it's ability for easy connecting with others and clients remotely, the convenience of virtual meetings ,the screen sharing feature and the overall user friendly interface which are ever perfect.

Cons:

Didn't like some technical glitches, connectivity issues and fatigue from long video meetings.

Ikhwanul
Ikhwanul
Manager in Indonesia
E-Learning, 11–50 Employees

Good Meeting Apps

Pros:

- User-Friendly Interface - Reliable Video and Audio Quality - Integration with google calender

Cons:

The storage price for Cloud Recording is expensive.

Matt
Matt
Sr QA Analyst in US
Hospitality, 10,000+ Employees

Dependable and easy to use

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: It is fully featured and all the features work in a clean, reliable and easy way.

Pros:

Most important is the stability and quality of calls and the ease of scheduling, those are fundamentals, but in addition I really like the addition of social interactions

Cons:

The interface is easy to use but it doesn't thrill me to look at it or interact with it.

Jeremy
Jeremy
Onwer / Coach in US
Financial Services, Self Employed

Virtual meetings with lots of features

Comments: As a coach, I did not want to limit my clients to driving distance, nor do I want to keep a dedicated office that I can bring "strangers" into, outside of my home. Zoom not only allows me to meet seamlessly but allows my clients to meet comfortably in their own home (and not have to worry about baby sitters, etc). The ease of use and multi-platform support removes any compatibility worries when setting meetings.

Pros:

This software is easy for my clients to set up for a meeting with me virtually. I love that I can share my whole desktop, one window on it, a selected part, or even share the screen of my phone. I've used this to meet on a Mac, PC, iPhone, and iPad. This has options for recording meetings, setting defaults for audio/video, etc. You can do group meetings and allow client(s) to share or control my desktop. One thing I've only used occasionally is assigning a unique meeting ID for each meeting. I just use my standard ID so I can incorporate it into form emails and my scheduling software.

Cons:

The free version limits group meetings to 40 min (but it's the free version; I do meet with others who have the paid version and it's great)

Ben
IT Architect in US
Management Consulting, 10,000+ Employees

Zoom is the Industry Standard for Me

Comments: We have used Zoom for a little over a year and it has been an amazing experience. We moved to Zoom from Webex, after people constantly having issues with that platform. Zoom has been a night and day difference with user satisfaction sitting at a much higher rate than it was before.

Pros:

What I like most about this software is that it is reliable and provides a much better user experience than the competition. One of the features I love is that it will automatically detect and connect to a zoom meeting when you are in a zoom room.

Cons:

The only negative that I can think of is that their support could have been a little better / faster responding to issues. They aren't as bad as some companies, but they weren't the best that I have experienced.

Ivan
Ivan
Technical Services in Argentina
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Excellent meeting tool and also excellent for customer support!

Comments: My overall experience is excellent, except for the two comments mentioned before, everything else is perfect and works flawlessly.

Pros:

It's pretty easy to use and easy to integrate with Google Calendar. The Google Calendar Chrome plugin is very convenient, with a single click it assigns the Zoom meeting to an appointment.

Cons:

This is a software I use almost daily, so when I moved from Windows to Ubuntu Linux, I figured out I could use Zoom for Linux. The Linux version definitely needs polishing in the user experience to get up to speed to the Windows version, as some meeting controls get in the way when working with customers. For this software and another unrelated one, I had to switch back to Windows, because definitely it was getting in the way on my productivity. Guilty of bad UX in Linux. Additionally, saving the meeting recording to cloud and then sharing sometimes work weird or in a counterintuitive way. I solved this by saving the recording in the computer and then uploading to Google Drive and sharing it that way.

Andy
Helpdesk and Systems Tech in US
Media Production, 51–200 Employees

Best audio and video conferencing we've used easily

Comments: We needed a reliable audio and video conferencing platform to use for small meetings, all hands meetings, and training, among other things. Zoom has always fit those needs perfectly. Meetings are easy to setup, record and the quality is always top notch.

Pros:

Zoom is incredibly easy to implement, use, and administrate. We've used all the major audio and video conferencing platforms out there, and Zoom is by far the best. The biggest thing is it just works and works in a repeatable manner. We used to always have issues with other software of changes we made not sticking, such as audio sources. Zoom just works.

Cons:

I honestly can't think of any issues we've had with Zoom or anything that I don't like about it. It's always been rock solid.

Marilyn
Marilyn
Executive Director in US
Education Management, 2–10 Employees

Great Online Meetings, Great Price

Comments: The Chatbox provides a valuable written transcript of the comments. We also use the chatbox for Board voting so we know if there are differences of opinion that need to be discussed. Recording is easy, so we can review the discussion or allow people who missed the meeting to view it. We love the new Breakout Rooms, and Polls are great for maintaining interest.

Pros:

We just pay for a simple "Pro" plan, but it allows our association to do what we need to do. Our webinars never have over 100 present, so the low-level plan is fine for us. All of our meetings are international, and we are really impressed with the global performance. We recently used a technician in Azerbaijan to display slides for presenters in India, Australia, and Canada and the presentation was seamless. We use "Gallery Mode" when meetings are small enough not to exceed bandwidth. But for more than 8, we need to turn off videos and use Speaker View. We are delighted that attendees can share their screen if they want to, and the delay is minimal. Controlling the videos and microphones of attendees is easy.

Cons:

It takes time to learn to navigate the new features. It is time well-invested, because the new features are very helpful.

Amy
Director in US
Libraries, 11–50 Employees

A Lifesaver During Covid

Comments: Prior to covid I'd utilized zoom occasionally but not on the paid level. I had to upgrade our usage to allow for more people to be included in meetings and my staff to utilize it as well for online library program offerings. It's been great. I can easily schedule a meeting, sent out notice to my attendees and even send it to Facebook Live so that I can still make my meeting accessible for public viewing. (We're subject to open records laws)

Pros:

Eight months ago Video Conferencing seemed like something that I'd never have to truly look into beyond an occasional use, more for fun, not really work. The Covid 19 Crisis made me rethink that. I'm the director of a small public library in Kentucky. We are required legally to host monthly trustees meetings to keep tabs on/make the community aware of the utilization of tax dollars and services offered. But what do you do when you can't allow those trustees to be in the same room together for the sake of their health? Zoom really saved us.

Cons:

I've not encountered any real issue with our use of Zoom thus far. It's been easy to use for myself and the library trustees.

Anjan
Anjan
Managing Director in Canada
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

An amazing platform for web conferencing

Comments: Overall extremely satisfied with this product - we evaluated Teams and Google meet and this was the winner overall in terms of price, ease of launch and being able to accommodate the large number of users.

Pros:

The ease of deployment as well as the integration with Google calendar. It has become very easy to schedule meetings as well as invite attendees from both inside and outside the organization.

Cons:

Easier integration with outlook. Currently I find it extremely cumbersome to book zoom meetings with the outlook application especially in my Apple MacBook. This need to be addressed - in my opinion.

Aaron
Administrative Director in US
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 2–10 Employees

Great Product for Every Day Office Use

Comments: Being able to host weekly meetings with all of our staff and volunteers has been so easy with Zoom. We have also used it for interviewing potential candidates. Having the recording feature so that we can go back and listen to the audio or watch the video playback has been crucial to take notes on things we may have missed for candidate interviews or meeting minutes.

Pros:

Zoom makes it easy to set up meetings of all kinds, whether it's call conferencing, presentation-style meetings, or just face-to-face chats. Being able to have a standard meeting ID that you can use time and again allows us to easily share the link and password to our participants, rather than having to hunt for the unique link every time.

Cons:

The biggest issue we have had with zoom is in its breakout rooms feature for large audiences. The idea is simple and logical, before the event, you can pre-assign individuals based on their email address to specific rooms. We used this feature for our first virtual Gala dinner in September of 2020. We purchased the large audience upgrade as well as the breakout room feature. We set up around 10 rooms each with at least 8 people in them in hopes to create the "table" feeling during our gala event where our room hosts could have their own invited guests join them. Unfortunately, when the event began, the breakout room feature failed and no-one was pre-assigned. With 2 people running the back-end, we had to try to assign everyone to their rooms on the fly, causing a delay in our event stream.

Mohammed
Field Manager in Ghana
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 11–50 Employees

for effective remote collaboration and remote communication, nothing has worked as well as Zoom

Comments: From using zoom to conduct interviews of job applicants, to sharing screens for remote self-troubleshooting, to live broadcast of our events via multiple platforms, zoom has been a very valuable resource to us. It has made communication with field teams much more productive and helped us save considerable time of field monitoring and visits.

Pros:

The virtual backgrounds and filters always added a touch of fun to our video conference meetings. In terms of more useful features, there are just too many to choose from, but one of my favorites has been being able to share my presentation slides as my virtual background. Also being able to record meetings and generate near-perfect transcripts saves us a lot of time and money otherwise spent on secretarial services.

Cons:

There should be more lower video resolution options available to allow for easier usage in areas with low internet connectivity.

Muhammad
Youtuber, Freelancer in Pakistan
Internet, Self Employed

The Zoom, My Favourite Presentation tool.

Comments: Now if we talk about my overall experience with zoom, then I can say that zoom is the worst and valuable software on my computer.
I'm not using zoom to only serve my sometimes with my friends, I am also using the zoom on a business level to generate good revenue. I used to provide online services of youtube watch time and youtube SEO, but some customers ask for a live demo first. And for that, I use to schedule a meeting with my client firstly on zoom. And on the live meeting, I will clear him each and everything through my screen share, and in return, he will offer me a good budget.
Now if you also want to manage your business online or want to schedule an online meeting with your clients or want an online meetup with your youtube audience then definitely no platform is better than zoom. just download it free from Capterra and start enjoying a good life with zoom.

Pros:

I liked the private chat and screen recording during the live meetings, too much. No matter has many participants have been joined, I can always chat with anyone privately. I can also send my message to all participants at once by going into the live chat tab. I usually do this, when I use to give live demo tutorials to my website users through the Zoom meeting app. I always use to chat privately with my professor during my online class, because I feel shame in asking a question before while class. But with the use of zoom, I can ask as many questions as they appear in my mind. And the second thing, why I liked the screen recording feature of zoom too much? The answer is so simple, I don't want to lose my client's trust and I also don't want to waste my own time. Because I can't offer tutorials to my clients, again and again, That is why I use to record my computer screen and upload screen recording on google drive and on dropbox. Now whenever any of my clients will ask me for the same demo, I will simply send him a link to the previous recording. And almost my all clients are totally satisfied with this method.

Cons:

Actually, there is nothing that I found difficult to use or something least in this such amazing software. But I wish that there should be an option of Youtube Live streaming. I wish there should be an option too, There must be an option of linking google drive. Once live streaming or meeting is done, It should automatically upload the whole recording video to google drive for backup purposes. Now talk about that why there should be an option of youtube channel linking? The reason behind this one is, this thing wastes a lot of time to upload a video manually on google drive and on youtube. But I have to upload these recording videos on youtube because I can't store such long data on my personal computer. That's why I wish there should be an option of linking youtube and google drive or dropbox. It is not necessary to link google drive, I wish there may be an option of a cloud storage service to save our data. I hope that the respected team of zoom will take a look at my request and will introduce these features for me in the future.

Steven
Director Information Technology in US
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 51–200 Employees

Director Information Technology

Comments: Saved us when everyone began working from home during COVID. Zoom has changed our business and it will continue to be used for the majority of meetings. We have since begun using Zoom Phone which is extremely simple to set up and simple works. It's only been about a year with using Zoom Phone but we have not had any issues.

Pros:

My colleagues did not require much training to use Zoom Meeting or to transition to Zoom Phone because they were already familiar with the Zoom interface. Amazing quick and simple to set up for an entire company. The administration is very intuitive and rare that i need to contact support. Support has been great.

Cons:

Support is offshore. This is typically not an issue but sometimes there is a language barrier.

Steph
Program Officer in US

Critical for people with ADHD

Pros:

There are lots of things that are helpful about Zoom, especially during a time when working from home was required. The biggest takeaway for me was how helpful Zoom is for my ADHD. I have always had a really hard time paying attention to someone over the phone, so working from home was daunting. But I have found that if I can look at someone's face while they are talking, I don't get as distracted -- even if we aren't in the same room together. Having virtual meetings be a more normalized option has made me better at my job, and Zoom has made it easier for everyone to have access to video chat services -- on their computer or on their phone. Zoom has made it easier for me to build and maintain relationships in my personal and professional life, regardless of if someone has an android or iphone. I'm more productive during meetings and am able to retain more details about the conversation. Zoom is also superior in this way because of where I can move the windows around. So I can move people's faces in the order that is the most productive for me (like who is talking vs everyone at once, etc).

Cons:

There are too many clicks needed to do anything. When I log in, I wish I could schedule a meeting without having to click into my account page. When I want to change my virtual background, I wish I didn't have to take 3-5 clicks to do that.

Nonprofit Organisation Management, 11–50 Employees

Zoom is the standard for meetings now

Comments: Overall, zoom is wonderful!

Pros:

The software is clean, user friendly, and has a wonderful suite of integrations that make meetings seamless and better than ever before. Screen sharing, meeting recording, and webinars/conferences are some of my favorite features. The video and audio quality is consistently better than other competitors. I use Krisp to increase the audio quality of my calls, especially when I'm working in a public/loud place. We also use Otter.ai to record transcripts of the meetings and create easy meeting notes for everyone to view!

Cons:

Security and privacy could be a little bit better, but there are also things on the administrator side that can be done to maximize security and privacy in a call. I also wish the chat feature was a little more dynamic. Private messages from one caller to another are not easily seen by the recipient. Notifications would be really appropriate here. Also, if someone comments in the chat something inappropriate, the moderator has no control. The 40 minute time limit for the free accounts is inconvenient, but that's obviously purposeful. The Zoom subscription price point is pretty high, but you're getting a top of the line software.

Joshua
Tech Support Engineer in US
Insurance, 501–1,000 Employees

Best Meeting software

Comments: It's been great for us. We have over 600 users and 250 are licensed users. Unlicensed users can join any meeting and can host meetings, but they have a 40 minute time limit. It is super easy to switch licenses from one user to another. A huge money saver to not have everyone licensed. As an admin, you can check the portal and see the meeting quality and the participants. Virtual backgrounds can make meetings fun and or more professional. The video and call quality are great. The features are easy for users to understand without support.

Pros:

Easy to use. If the other people in the meeting don't have Zoom downloaded, they can just click a link and join a meeting that way. There are great controls for the host of the meeting. You can mute and turn off videos of other users if needed. Super easy to share screens and with a Pro license you can save recordings to the cloud and not take up space on your machine.

Cons:

Being able to give control of your screen to another user is a great feature. This is especially helpful when a Mac user needs remote support and traditional ways of remoting in won't work. The only downside is when you are remoted in, you cannot use admin creds. It limits the amount of virtual support you can give.

Yann
Yann
Consultant in Finland
Online Media, Self Employed

If you'd like to host any type of virtual meetings, start with Zoom!

Comments: I can say without doubts that Zoom Meetings has been my go-to platform for hosting all types of video conferencing calls and its pros definitely outweigh the (couple of) cons.

Pros:

I have been using Zoom Meetings for video conferencing calls for years, even before the pandemic hit. There are a few things that, in my opinion, really sets Zoom apart from similar platforms. First of all, there's its connection stability. I have tested quite many other solutions and none has had a stable connection as reliable as Zoom. Additionally, I like the fact that you can host and initiate, or participate in, video or audio calls from either your web browser, the Zoom app on your computer or even on your smartphone or tablet. Plus, Zoom keeps adding features that may look small at first but that actually play a difference, such as the ability to enabling/disabling screen sharing for participants of a meeting, or organize a Zoom "room" into breakout rooms. And if you're planning on getting started with Zoom, you'll be pleased to know that the platform lets you schedule calls and it integrates with a ton of other apps and services – including calendar options, scheduling tools and some platforms designed to host virtual summits and digital conferences.

Cons:

While Zoom Meetings is a very solid platform and can be used for recording content too, I have often found that the audio quality of the recordings isn't the greatest... I'm not sure exactly why that's the case but I have noticed this in different contexts in which I , and others, have used Zoom to record video content (e.g. interviews, roundtable conversations, etc.)