15 years helping Irish businesses

About Aha!

Aha! Roadmaps is the complete product management solution — set strategy, prioritize features, and share visual plans.

Learn more about Aha!

Pros:

Combined with the excellent integration options, I would recommend evaluating Aha! whether you are a startup or looking to upgrade the PM function.

Cons:

Often I'll need to completely refresh the page before I see my changes in the UI so it makes things a bit slower to use.

Aha! ratings

4.4
4.8
4.7
4.6

9.0/10

Aha! has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 530 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Aha! before?

Sherri
Sherri
Product Manager in Canada
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

Aha is the only game in town

Comments: We tested and demo'd all of the top-rated pieces of software that call themselves Product Management Software. Nothing compares to Aha, in my opinion, it is the only software that offers all of the key features I need. There are definitely a few tweaks that could be made, but nothing else even comes close to this tool. I am very happy with it.

Pros:

It is made by Product Managers for Product Managers It has features around the vision and strategy of the company There is clear separation between ideas and features There are Personas that can be attached to ideas and features There are goals and strategies There are areas to store your files You can create shareable presentations that update dynamically You can build wireframes within the tool You can house everything you need as a Product Manager is one locations The support is amazing Integrates with JIRA

Cons:

I find it difficult to find what I am looking for in the knowledge base Some of the features are not very intuitive to use There are a few features I would like to see added

Bastian
Bastian
Product Management Consultant in US
Aviation & Aerospace, 201–500 Employees

An Amazing Tool to Align Strategy and Execution for Product Management

Comments: Great experience from setup to use. Fanatical customer support and the fact that they follow their founders "Lovability" mantra (within 95% ;-) It has made me successful in helping companies tie product execution to company strategy. AHA tools usually create artifacts to help keep all stakeholders aligned.

Pros:

Any organization that wants to be thoughtful, deliberate, and wants to link everything they build to the reason WHY they are building it should use this tool. It takes energy and effort to adopt, but the results are amazing. Every feature and release can be linked to a strategic element. In fact, what you are getting with AHA is not only a tool, but a best-practices thought model for product management (this can be challenging to implement but the rewards are high if you get through it. A key benefit is that once created, roadmaps and reports stay FRESH, meaning all changes to dates of features and releases are instantly reflected in your roadmaps and reports. No more updating Excel rows where cells are months!! Last but not least, their support is second-to-none!

Cons:

While I really like AHA overall, the UI has many challenges. There are many inconsistencies (some places have a save, other autosave, some screens have a URL, others don't, some settings can be applied to everything at once, others have to be set manually one-by-one). Also for a single page app, it often struggles with refresh after edit more than it should in 2021.

Mariam
Head of Project Portfolio Management Department in Georgia
Gambling & Casinos, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Great product for project/portfolio management

4.0 last month New

Pros:

Lots of options for customizing initiatives and reports

Cons:

Pivot tables need twice refresh to reflect the changes. Network disruptions often cause filled out data to be lost

Raf
Product Marketing in Canada
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 501–1,000 Employees

Don't recommend. Read review for details..

Comments: Would never recommend.

Pros:

Cool logo. Good space to house personas and competitor analysis.

Cons:

In the initial onboarding process I would contact customer support for clarity, seeing as how I've never used such a software. I had one phone call, fairly short. I was later tasked with sole responsibility for the software - evangelizing and coaching others on how to use it. When I reached out to support for more clarity, the reps did EVERY possible not to get on a call with me. They would email me back every other day - directing me to instructional videos - refusing to get on the phone. I needed to integrate with Jira, "Please HELP!!??"- guess what? "We have some videos that can help you. Awful support. As well, not very user friendly, not customizable, and just down right inferior cosmetically.

2 months ago

Hi Rafael, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am sorry to hear you experienced difficulties with onboarding. We have put a lot of effort into the onboarding experience over the last few years and do pride ourselves on having a super responsive and very knowledgeable support team. We continue to build out our knowledge base with step by step instructions for set up including the Jira integration. For teams who need more assistance we offer concierge services with personalized rollout services. Should you have any troubles in the future our team is available at [email protected] ready to help.

Brian
VP Product Management in US
Information Technology & Services, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Powerful and customizable solution for PMs with a steep learning curve

Pros:

Aha Ideas provides flexibility, security, and automation, allowing us to interact with customers at scale in a fashion that fits our business. Aha Roadmaps+ offers a very compelling product planning tool that integrates directly with our Jira instance. Aha regularly updates both products with new and compelling features. Aha also reaches out on a regular basis to check in, showcase new things, and troubleshoot any issues we're having.

Cons:

The seat-based licensing model prevents us from fully adopting Aha Roadmaps as our standard planning tool. Doing so would require our program managers, engineering managers, and designers to have paid seats. Also, as with other highly customizable tools, it's very confusing for the uninitiated. We've had to create extensive internal documentation for onboarding new product managers. Finally, we've been asking for a SOC2 report for years, Aha hasn't been willing to undertake this (ISO27001 is not equivalent).

Alicia
Alicia
Product Implementation Manager in US
Financial Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Using Aha! for Project Management

Comments: Overall I am very satisfied with the product and customer service.

Pros:

I like the flexibility to create and modify schedules and reports. I can create tasks for team members and Aha! sends them reminders (upcoming and past due). I manage business operations projects and this feature has been very helpful and has eliminated my having to chase down most tasks. I like the feature to create various reports with multiple slices of data/views for different purposes by just adding or removing filters vs. building something from scratch. Customer support is top notch. Someone always gets back to me within a couple of hours if not sooner whenever I reach out with questions or requesting help.

Cons:

This software is complex, IMO not very intuitive and has a steep learning curve. There are tutorials that are very helpful and walk you through most everything you can think of, but it takes time to watch them and/or read. Once you get past the initial phase of learning the software and features you need, you will love it.

CPO/CTO in US
Facilities Services, 11–50 Employees

I will use this software for the rest of my career. It's worth every penny.

Comments: If you've used developer-centric tools (Jira, for example), you know that they may be great for tracking stories and sprints, but they have very limited support (if any) for tracking the actual thought process in coming up with those stories. Either they don't have enough levels of hierarchy, or they try to get away with tags for everything. This is the first product that I've every used that has a structured methodology and design approach to evaluating your goals as a company / department; figuring out what initiatives support those goals; further breaking the initiatives down into master features (sometimes called Epics in other packages), and then individual features (stories). It also generates beautiful roadmaps, and has a transformational scorecard feature that lets you set up the criteria that matter, then rate all of your features, then calculate a score so you have a definitive order in which to do things.

Pros:

The comprehensiveness of this software is incredible. It has almost everything you can possibly conceive of when building nearly any type of product or service. It helps you organize, plan, communicate, rate, rank, document, and create everything you need, except the actual software code (but you can just assign the stories to your dev team, and/or sync to another product). It also empowers you to have the conversations with stakeholders to figure out truly what's important (as opposed to the endless chorus of "it's all important"). I wish I would have known about this years ago.

Cons:

The single largest missing feature is OKR support. There are goals and metrics, but not a structured way to do OKRs for products/teams. But there is also plenty of other software in the world that does it. We did struggle a bit with the integration with Jira, but that's largely because of Jira deficiencies.

2 months ago

Hi David, Thank you for taking the time to leave such a detailed and positive review. It is great to hear how Aha! has helped you and your team determine and communicate what is most important. I see that you were missing the ability to track OKRs and I am happy to share that we have recently added OKR support! You can read more about it here: https://www.aha.io/blog/manage-okrs-in-aha-roadmaps. Thank you again David!

Alexandra
Product Manager in US
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 501–1,000 Employees

Aha takes product roadmapping to the next level

Comments: Aside from having every feature a product manager could dream of, working with Aha through the purchase process has been a very positive experience. Their customer support is fast, friendly, and helpful. I know if I had additional questions or needed help , their team would be there.

Pros:

Aha is incredibly feature-rich. It can handle ideation, business planning, product management, and so much more.

Cons:

With all the functionality, the learning curve is a bit steep. For example,

9 months ago

Hi Alexandra, Thank you for leaving such a glowing review! It is great to hear about how you are able to take full advantage of all the rich functionality in Aha! while your development team can remain in the tool of their choice. And you are correct our customer success team at [email protected] is here to help if you have any additional questions!

Mike
Product Operations Manager in US
Computer & Network Security, 201–500 Employees

2 months in and going great

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Excited. We have so many great ideas having a tool to help us capture the ideas, put them into features and track them through to development will be great.

Pros:

So many features and capabilities - maybe too many but you can limit what is viewable and grow as you need. Every day I'm discovering new ways to use the product. And their support is outstanding.

Cons:

Number of features and customization. Ok - not much of a negative but you really need to look at how you want to use the tool. I'm limiting what it can do as we roll it out and plan to extend capabilities over time.

Luke
CEO in Australia
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

Solid product

5.0 last week New

Comments: Really good... integration with JIRA is great and saved a lot of pain initially.

Pros:

Fills a real gap in strategic product management

Cons:

Parts of the interface are still a bit tricky / unintuitive to use.

Sallie
Program Manager in US
Information Technology & Services, 5,001–10,000 Employees

An awesome platform worth 5 stars

Comments: The past 14 or so months with Aha! has helped us evolve our internal processes and break down barriers to provide more consistent and streamlined cross-collaboration across our teams. Working with Aha! has been a very positive experience.

Pros:

I always tell people that Aha! brings together the why and the how of a solution, giving the view into the overall strategy components of a solution, mixed with the back end development and ongoing progress. It captures everything our teams needs to collaborate, stay informed, share, and stay on track. It's easy to use and the support team is fantastically responsive, knowledgeable and friendly. As someone with little technical background, the platform and an ever-growing knowledge base made it easy to customize the experience to our unique needs.

Cons:

Sometimes too many options can be a bad thing. Aha! will let you do basically anything you want, but sometimes having that ability makes it feel overwhelming. However, I'd hardly call that a con since 1) I'd rather have too many options than not enough, and 2) the support team and knowledge base help you through whatever scenario you're in.

Tessa
Product Manager in US
Computer Software, 201–500 Employees

Enterprise-grade with powerful flexibility and integrations

Pros:

Aha! has made a huge difference in our ability strategically plan our releases and align across multiple delivery teams. It's the only tool flexible enough to accommodate our broad and multifaceted product suite, and allows us to report on it all without requiring engineers to create reports for us. The customization and integration capabilities are better and more user-friendly than any I've seen in any product. When configuring customization and integrations in other products, I often find myself thinking "if only this were as easy as Aha". Same thing about reporting - it can be a bit complicated but I think they do a great job of making it as simple as possible even with a huge variety of options and massive flexibility. Their support is also incredibly responsive and friendly, and their documentation is good. It's been really easy for me to teach myself the ins and outs of the product and get answers to my questions.

Cons:

Our biggest barrier to getting more value out of Aha is the cost. We would love to bring our scrummasters and UX leaders into Aha in more than essentially just a read-only capacity, but the cost to do that is prohibitive. While the benefits of Aha are huge, so is the cost, so it's something we need to be constantly ready to justify to management. The navigation is also somewhat poor, and there are a handful of specific views that are hard to use, which is a point of confusion for many users. But that's not too bad since we can usually create the view we want via a report.

Joseph
Founder in US
Management Consulting, Self Employed

Frequently Recommend to My Clients

Comments: I have recommended and will continue to recommend Aha! to my clients whenever they want to clearly see how their roadmap, initiatives, values, mission, personals, competitors, projects and releases are all interrelated and support (or don't support) the overall goals of the organization.
It comes down to one word...CLARITY.

Pros:

I am a management consultant. I work with small to medium-size businesses. Often these engagements involve helping leaders get their arms around a complex set of long-range forecasts roadmaps, projects, initiatives, strategic goals, products, services, and more. Aha! brings clarity to my clients like no other tool I have used. There are other tools that do this or that but nothing is as easy to use and drives clarity for leadership in an organization. I love the ability to create a live web page that shows changes and updates to the roadmaps and other documentation in real-time. The time savings alone in not having to create a new slide deck for the executives is a sheer delight to my clients.

Cons:

If you are looking for something to manage the details of your project, I would not use Aha! It just isn't made for that. I always set Aha! on top of a project or product management system; jira or smartsheet. Getting your head wrapped around the hierarchy of Aha! can be a learning curve but once you get that down it makes sense and works great.

Rudra
Product Management in Canada
Telecommunications, 201–500 Employees

Excellent Roadmap & Idea Management Package

Comments: Centralized auditability for investment, traceability from idea to release, centralized communication to internal teams, feedback from customers, structured rankings - list goes on. We originally used Doors, which is an extremely good (but rigid) requirements management platform. Aha! works better with our shift in development practices, and in tandem with JIRA, while adding a lot of capability that wasn't present before (outside of scattered presentations and spreadsheets).

Pros:

Philosophically, the software gently pushes you to validate decisions that are key to product management - why are you building this, who is it for, how is it helping you achieve strategic and tactical goals? With that in mind, it sets up the team to be critical in their choices, extremely important in the current market. You're not forced to use these features, but it helps with both top-down alignment and bottom-up justifications for expenditure. From a feature perspective, the JIRA and Confluence integration work well for our purposes, the cascading templates help us ensure consistency in communication with Engineering across the product lines, an the Ideas portal is a great addition for internal and external feedback.

Cons:

Additional data types for the extensible entities would be nice - lists of custom entities for one.

Matt
Release Train Engineer in US
Information Technology & Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Excellent product management system with excellent customer support

Comments: It has been a pleasure to work in Aha! and see all that it has to offer. The response time and the quality of responses/follow up has been second to none.

Pros:

I like how easy this product is to use and all the features it has to offer. It's easy to setup and configure to meet most of the needs of my team. We are operating within the Scrum Framework and this tool is being used by all Scrum teams in the Agile Release Train (ART). We have been pleased with the analytics functionality to report out how we're doing as an ART.

Cons:

There isn't functionality specific to Scrum teams. It would be great to have a 'Sprint report' auto generated so that we can easily see what was done, what was not done during a Sprint, burndown report and other key metrics reported for our Sprint Reviews. Right now, we piece all of this together.

Nicole
Release Train Engineer in Australia
Information Technology & Services, 501–1,000 Employees

Aha support and documentation second to none. All the features you need.

Comments: A very positive experience that allows us to map strategic goals to the work done. It provides tools such as scorecards, custom fields and calculations that allow managers to assess the work on an even playing field, and set a roadmap that can be tracked with achievements building to the end goal.

Pros:

Easy to integrate with development software and link to that work to the strategic goals and initiatives to make sure we build the right things the right way, in the right order for the right reasons. Achievements build and are tracked overtime to show the ROI quickly and easily.

Cons:

The price per user prohibits it from becoming the main tool used by all staff. It requires project tracking to be done in the development tool to minimise project costs overall.

Lisa
Technical Product Manager in US
Computer Software, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Offers room to grow in to

Comments: Overall Aha! is a very well documented and supported product. The support I've received both over the phone and via email has been great - they really do have experienced product managers available to answer technical questions as well as talk about implementation details/best practices (note: they will make you schedule an appointment if you need to go to the level of screen share...I struggled with that at first but I think it's a gentle way of teaching folks to fish...as most questions can be answered if you take the time to read the documentation). We have also had a good response on a couple of key feature requests which I was impressed by given our modest account size.

Pros:

What has been most useful to us is the ability to let the respective teams remain in their tools of choice while being able to knit together an end to end picture from top-level goals down to the execution of features and go to market activity. The pre-built integrations to Salesforce, Zendesk, GitHub, Slack, and Asana made linking the picture together across our org a pretty light lift.

Cons:

We struggled with the UI here and there as well as getting folks fully up to speed on the available capabilities/best practices as it is feature-rich. Our approach was an incremental deployment starting in the middle of the data model. If I had a chance to do it again, I would start at the top with clear goals, vision and a focus on capturing product strategy details and then move down through the initiatives and into tracking the implementation details via releases/epics/features. Some of the new enterprise + features around collecting customer feedback are pretty interesting.

Max
Product Operations in US
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

Aha! - A review

Comments: Aha! gets us 80% of the way there for most things we need, but that extra 20% would take it from good to great.

Pros:

We like the ability to standardise our product management processes and data model across teams that had historically operated in different ways. Integration with Jira makes it easy to reflect development work being done with limited manual intervention required. The support team is always great and prompt to respond to queries. Good communication on new/upcoming features, too.

Cons:

Some small improvements could go a long way for us - prioritisation views for initiatives, clearer record rankings, more configurability of the nicer-looking roadmap views, and so on. Additional configurability in user licenses would also be really beneficial (i.e. adding advanced functionality for just a subset of users) as there are some add-ons that could add a lot of value to some users but aren't always needed by all.

last year

Hi Max, Thank you for your positive review. It is great to hear how Aha! is helping your organization standardize your product management processes. I would encourage you to submit or vote in our ideas portal (https://big.ideas.aha.io/) in regards to your small improvements requests. Our product managers continuously review ideas when building out our product roadmap. As always, if you ever need any help at all, our Customer Success team are all former product managers and would love to answer any questions ([email protected]) you may have.

Senior Consultant in Sweden
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Most valuable tool for me as PO in customer projects

Pros:

The roadmapping, release planning and feature boards.

Cons:

The price tag is deterring the organisation to adapt it fully.

last year

Hi Michael, Thank you for your positive review! It is great to hear how Aha! is helping your organization achieve success. In regards to your comment on price, we offer a variety of plans to meet different organizational needs. Many customers find our Enterprise plan (https://www.aha.io/roadmaps/pricing) is great for balancing paid seats for folks who need to add and manage product data with unlimited seats for folks who just need to review and comment on data. But it is great to see your product and engineering teams staying in sync with the Jira integration. If you need any further help, please don't hesitate to send us a note ([email protected]). Our Customer Success team are all former product managers and would love to answer any questions.

Ryan
Implementation Manager in US
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Aha! is a refreshing restart for Project Management software after a big search for a suitable tool!

Comments: Increased ability to manage projects effectively and an ability to handle more projects without a decrease in organization. Upscaling the company's activities as we grow, Aha! is able to positively affect a single project, and also adds benefit when managing multiple projects in an environment that may be stretched for resources at any given time. Aha! can grow with your company.

Pros:

Vast amount of functionality related to almost all aspects of project management. The scheduling tools to set up different timelines and dependencies on a project is the best I have seen in a single self-contained project management tool. Apart from basic time management and scheduling tools there are also a wide array of data analysis that can produce graphs, charts, and reports on project details recorded into Aha!, providing info previously unrecorded or not taken advantage of while using previous platforms. This allows you to see how much time you spend, your pain points, and areas of improvement for a single project or for the entire company as a whole.

Cons:

As with any complicated software, the software has a steep learning curve and it is difficult to build new processes in a company for a program with this much coverage and that touches so many aspects of the company. Oftentimes when we began using the product for a certain purpose we found that it was often required to make adjustments in other areas of the company to effectively use the software. A good example would be our adjustment of protocols in the company with JIRA to effectively leverage functionality in Aha!. This often meant work required in those areas that was not initially foreseen. However, when was said and done - after on-boarding the product the benefit was a net increase in our ability to effectively manage projects.

Nate
VP Product Management in US
Airlines/Aviation, 201–500 Employees

Product Management Choice

Pros:

Aha is a powerful tool that gives you ability to customize the core product around how your team does its job. The easy integrations with engineering development tools like Azure DevOps or Jira make it an accurate status reporting tool for product teams while allowing engineering functions to do their execution work elsewhere. The dashboards and reports in Aha are super powerful and it's the only way we report on roadmaps and status. And finally the Ideas portal with Ideas advanced allows us to be in touch with our customers in a meaningful way and let's us communicate internally and externally about what's coming next for our products.

Cons:

The cost of a license is not cheap, and it took my business a long time to convince senior executives to allow us to get the Ideas Advanced licensing. It would have been really helpful if Ideas Advanced could have been enabled for a subset of users or a product line within a corporate tenant account.

Nathaniel
Sr. Product Manager in US
Financial Services, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Solid Product Platform

Pros:

Aha! has always had outstanding customer service and user experience. I have used this product for many years and have easily onboarded and mentored product managers' careers using this product. I like that we have traceability from the business strategy all the way to the requirements. It has been an invaluable tool for my team to articulate the 'why' to our IT partners.

Cons:

The product can be overwhelming at first for new users, but the knowledge base and tutorials are beyond sufficient to bring folks up to speed. It would be great if the product allowed more configurable design to its presentations and roadmaps so we can migrate fully out of ppt and use presentation mode instead.

2 years ago

Hi Nathaniel, Thanks for your review! It is great to hear how Aha! is helping your organization achieve success. I would encourage you to vote and comment on an idea in our ideas portal (https://big.ideas.aha.io/) in regards to your presentations request. Our product managers continuously review ideas when building out our product roadmap. As always, if you ever need any help at all, our Customer Success team are all former product managers and would love to answer any questions ([email protected]) you may have.

Jaana
Jaana
Co-Founder, Owner in US

Fantastic tool for a startup to manage strategy and roadmap

Pros:

I used Aha! in my previous job as a Product Manager. When I started my own company, Aha! was the obvious choice for me to use to build our short and long term roadmaps. Aha! guides you through roadmap creation starting from your strategy, vision and business environment. The way Aha! is set up makes you think through all critical aspects of your business like the competitive landscape, and take them into account in your roadmap planning. Going through the roadmap process in Aha! ensures that we stay focused on the right things that bring us the most value. Aha! Customer Success Team is legendary. In my 20+ years of career I've never experienced anything like it. True professionals who know what they're doing. The team responds to issues within minutes. They resolve the issues within minutes. They want you to be successful, and provide you advice and best practices to get you there. This is how customers should be treated, and Aha! is an inspiration to us in that!

Cons:

I love it all! Only downside is that now I get really annoyed when contacting someother companies' customer service and my questions and requests disappear into a black hole. Aha! has shown a new standard that other companies would benefit in trying to reach!

Marie
VP, Product Management in US
Hospital & Health Care, 51–200 Employees

Excellent product and excellent service

Comments: The service at Aha is outstanding! Just recently, I had a question that I needed some help with. I sent it into customer support and had an answer within a few hours. CSR worked with me to solve my problem, gave me great suggestions, and left me with a lot of confidence in Aha.

Pros:

I love that it's specifically built for product managers, instead of trying to force us into using project management software. I daily use the reports for monitoring progress, as well as for setting expectations within the company around our roadmap. I've used the integrations both with Jira and Azure DevOps, and both are very solid! The ideas portal is fabulous! Easy to configure, easy to use, and saves me hours of headaches trying to manage that.

Cons:

Creating a brand new report from scratch is actually harder than you would think it should be. Though, if you want to create a report from a template, it's super easy. Also, the UI definitely feels a bit dated in places. When trying to convince my company to use Aha rather than Productboard, it was difficult for them to see past the "Sexier" UI in Productboard to understand that Aha had better & more features

Automotive, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Full featured, as deep as you need it to be

Pros:

There is so much here. It is made my product managers for product managers. And as product management has so many variations in practice, this tool is configurable to suit pretty much all practices, processes and workflows.

Cons:

The ability to customize is initially overwhelming, and its difficult to make sure all things are considered before configuring for deployment. Theres simply too much to learn. There are also certain things like workspace prefixes that once set and used, cannot be changed. So don't make any mistakes when configuring!

2 years ago

Hi, Thanks for taking the time to write such a great review. We know every organization is unique so it is great to hear how Aha! is able to fit your team's specific workflows. I am sorry to hear you found customizations to be overwhelming at first. You may be interested to read our support articles (https://www.aha.io/support/suite/suite/customizations) regarding how to customize Aha! to match your organization's workflow and terminology. If you ever need any help at all, our Customer Success team are all former product managers and would love to answer any questions you may have.