15 years helping Irish businesses

About GovPilot

GovPilot is a cloud-based government Management Platform that powers efficiency, employee productivity and constituent engagement.

Learn more about GovPilot

Pros:

The ease of setup and the fact that Gov Pilot does all the modifications and updating.

GovPilot ratings

4.6
4.8
4.5
4.6

9.2/10

GovPilot has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 76 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used GovPilot before?

Billie
Senior Inspector in US
Government Administration, 11–50 Employees

GovPilot is what my department has spent years searching for

Comments: I have already recommended GovPilot to several other county departments and have made myself available to them for questions regarding the switch. I have been pleasantly surprised with all of the features that our previous software didn't offer and, a lot of which, I didn't even know how much we needed them. Automatically notifying residents that their complaint has been handled or that their permit is now approved, integrating GIS in to their mapping systems to provide up to date and accurate maps of my County, and working with our credit card processor to safely and securely process permit fees with seamless transfers of information between the two are just some of the features that, now that we have them, we can't do without. There are so many great things to mention about GovPilot that I simply can't remember them all but, suffice it to say, GovPilot is well worth the cost.

Pros:

The GovPilot team have been nothing but professionals for the entire process of changing from our previous asset management software to GovPilot. They gathered the details of what we were doing before, what we didn't like about our previous software, and how they could help fill in the gaps. Then they worked closely with myself and several of my team leaders to come up with a tailor fit solution to manage our Animal Control calls, Code Compliance calls, and our septic system permits. Even though GovPilot is based in New Jersey, they were willing to fly down to Texas to provide face to face training to me and my staff at a very low cost. The software is great and does everything we need and more but I think one of the best features they have is the live chat option on every page. If you have a question or get stuck somewhere, simply click on the support button and get help from a live representative in seconds. Another great thing that I appreciated was the professional manner in which they handled a few hiccups with our contract process. We had to put the project on hold several times while we processed some internal issues and the GovPilot team was there, ready to pick up where we left off once things were sorted out. No complaints and no incessant nagging about when we could move on to the next step. If I had to delete this whole review and condense it down to one word, I would describe GovPilot simply as "professional".

Cons:

When reading reviews, I tend to distrust those that don't mention something negative in their review. There is always something that can be improved. Believe me, I had to think long and hard about what could be improved on with GovPilot. The only thing I could come up with was that they are obviously a New Jersey based company because a few of the fillable fields in our forms still referenced New Jersey for a few days before we were able to get them all switched over. That was it. That's all I could come up with. I have been entirely satisfied with GovPilot.

2 years ago

Thank you very much for your wonderful (and thorough) review and feedback! Please be sure to reach out to your account manager or our support team any time you need anything! We look forward to working with you!

Pamela
TACO; Office Mgr, Community Development in US
Government Administration, 51–200 Employees

Incredible improvement over other software

Comments: The software we used prior to GP (SDL) is clunky, and awkward, and anything but user-friendly. GP blows them out of the water, and is helping us process applications faster, which automatically makes us more efficient.

Pros:

Gov Pilot seems to have been designed with the user in mind, and -- on top of that -- the GP team has worked tirelessly with me to customize features, and module design toward optimum efficiency.

Cons:

Because the onboarding and development teams have been so responsive to my requests in the initial phases, I have no complaints about GP whatsoever.

2 years ago

Thank you for your wonderful feedback Pamela. It means so much to the GovPilot team that our customers appreciate their support and the platform's ease of use. We look forward to continuing our work with you and Bradley Beach!

Kenneth
Sr. Accountant in US

Residential Parking Review

Comments: The 2020 rollout of the software to employees and customers was premature. The cashiering and reporting data input from various departments caused major confusion. The lack of training for the cashiers before its release was a disaster and the lack of testing by GovPilot created a load of data that all had to be corrected. The transfer to our accounting software was because of the lack of control over duplicate data.

Pros:

Improvements made as problems were discovered.

Cons:

Current Residential Parking problems were detailed in an email currently being addressed. The early release before proper testing was a problem in 2020.

Christina
Township Manager's Secretary in US

To GovPilot and Beyond!

Comments: Residents no longer need to wait to speak with a staff member during operating hours to access property information with the GIS Map. GovPilot is the perfect partner to work with a growing Township to create simplified processes for individuals to access information independently. The modules allow anyone to complete a form at any time, anywhere, decreasing our phone call and foot traffic so we can focus on other tasks. We are implementing additional modules that will further assist our office as we move forward into the electronic and digital era!

Pros:

GovPilot helps us quickly and efficiently communicate between departments, and all communications are saved for later reference. Residents are able to notify Township officials of a concern at any time/day, not only during business hours. The automatic email notification for new RAC allows for response in emergency situations.

Cons:

We found a few additional features for our purposes. We asked if only the CCO Inspector could be chosen for scheduling the Inspection on the drop-down feature to limit confusion. We also requested an automatic reminder for RAC for any NOV when the 10 days is expiring for Code Enforcement to follow-up.

3 years ago

Thank you very much for your wonderful review and for your ongoing feedback with our account management team! have been excited to partner with you and we look forward to continuing to help you move forward with your digital transformation!

Rebecca
Acting Borough Clerk in US

Lodi's Review of GovPilot

Comments: GovPilot changed the way we do business for the absolute best and we can't remember life without it.

Pros:

GovPilot's software allows information to be shared easily and instantaneously between departments and also with the public. We are able to limit the paper in our offices while still allowing for information to be accessed easily.

Cons:

The time is takes for Property Profile information to be updated

2 years ago

Thank you very much for your terrific feedback and review! Our team is proud of the work we do with Lodi, NJ!

NANCY
administrative assistant in US
Government Administration, 51–200 Employees

Gov Pilot has a lot of features, once you know how to navigate through the processes.

Comments: more productivity and ease of tasks

Pros:

I like the history of paperwork on each address when you do an address search - it is easy to see what each resident has --like parking permit, leaf permit, etc. You can also find a phone number for the resident in this system very quickly. I love the clone tab - it is the best since it saves a lot of time. Also when you do an address search the map with cross streets is helpful. The new custom balance report is concise and easy to read, much better than the previous report. I also like that when we reach out to Prop Pilot that the issue is acknowledged promptly and resolved as soon as possible.

Cons:

The program seems to spin often - that can be frustrating. Guess we have too much data. We are trying to go paperless and this program is helping. However I am a paper person!

6 years ago

Nancy, thank you so much for taking the time to write such a thorough review. Feedback like yours is very helpful.

Gregory
Superintendent in US
Government Administration, 11–50 Employees

GovPilot has saved me so much time and paperwork. GovPilot is very simple to use in the field.

Comments: I have saved so much time and paperwork. GovPilot has truly simplified my job. I am able to do my job in the field without having to come back to the office.

Pros:

The software is very simple to learn and is user friendly. GovPilot provided training and phone support during our start up. As with any new product I was a little confused at first because GovPilot was all new to me. After working with GovPilot for a few days I was very comfortable moving around. As a Public Works Superintendent, I work in the field a lot and GovPilot has truly simplified my job. I am able to review resident complaints and process street opening permits without having to go back to the office.

Cons:

Initially, I was a little confused with the new software. Customer support was able to work me through some problems I was having and simplified things. Some categories were moved around to my liking. I do most of my work with GovPilot on my desktop and everything works fine. When I use my IPAD in the field, GovPilot had some problems viewing data. I talked with people and was told a Windows based tablet works much better with GovPilot.

7 years ago

Thank you so much, Gregory! So glad that you find GovPilot's product easy to use and our Customer Support team helpful.

Marta
Director senior and social services in US
Government Administration, 501–1,000 Employees

Comprehensive and Customizable Suite of Municipal Software

Comments: Govpilot has permitted us to modernize many of the functions of the Municipal Clerk's office. Licensing and record requests that previously were done on paper are now available to residents on line. The amount of clerical time spent was significantly reduced. However, conversion of old data to Govpilot was more difficult and time consuming than expected. This was mostly due to the poor quality of the data to be converted, but it delayed implantation.

Pros:

The company is very responsive to requests for custom reports, screens, etc. The dashboard helps us manage processes from the same place.

Cons:

The software is map based. We have missing addresses/Block and Lots in the public map database they use. Missing properties must be added individually, which is tedious.

4 years ago

Thank you very much for your feedback Marta!

Jessey
Code Enforcement Officer in US
Government Administration, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Great Data capturing platform

Comments: I have had a pleasant experience with GovPilot thus far and will continue to use the case management system to the way it fits our needs.

Pros:

I like the customization it offers specifically to your organization. We can set it up in a way that fits our needs and not just a standard platform filled with required field we don't use.

Cons:

Sometimes there are system bugs that put roadblocks in the workflow, but customer service is quick to assess and mitigate the problem.

Thanks a lot!

Darren
Darren
Chief Information Officer in US
Construction, 1,001–5,000 Employees

GovPilot is a game changer

Comments: The City of Elizabeth is using GovPilot for Report a Concern and 9 other processes. Gov Pilot has enabled us to retire legacy systems and replace paper with a very efficient set of tools. Our response time is faster and there are far fewer errors in our workflows.

Pros:

Replacing legacy systems and processes were a breeze thanks to GovPilot's dedicated customer service team.

Cons:

There is a good deal of customization required; some reporting features could be more intuitive out of the box.

6 years ago

Thank you, Darren! So glad we could help you operate more efficiently.

Mike
Code Enforcement Officer in US
Law Enforcement, 11–50 Employees

Easy to Use and Adaptable

Comments: It was an easy transition to this system. It only takes a few minutes to enter a concern and anyone else on the system can check on any call to see where you are on it, whether you need to follow-up, contact someone, or what needs to b done to close it out.

Pros:

The are straight forward and easy to use/understand. The support staff and sales staff worked with up so we could see what we wanted to see, not something we did not want/need. If we have a problem, the chat room is quick and easy, with positive responses.

Cons:

Having to use "SAVE" after typing a long narrative to save it.

5 years ago

Thank you for te kind words! Thrilled to hear that you found the transition to GovPilot to be an easy one, as we work hard to ensure our clients' comfort during this phase.

Mary
Community Development Clerk II in US

Great. The software does what we want and customer support/James is very responsive to our requests.

Comments: I am more productive since the system is automated to our needs.

Pros:

It's very flexible to our needs. If we need help or a change to the system your support team is very responsive and acceptable of our requests. If I need to modify a document, for a special circumstance, I can export it to a word document and make my changes on the fly. I also like that fact you can do the same thing different ways depending on your needs.

Cons:

This is very minor but the one thing I always have to remember is to click edit record first after selecting form view.

7 years ago

Thanks, Mary! Glad that you find our software convenient and our Support team helpful.

Richard
Contract Compliance in US
Government Administration, 1,001–5,000 Employees

GovPilot

Pros:

Ease of use with map and views. Love the different fields they allow us to use.

Cons:

Sometimes it can be glitchy.

5 years ago

This is your descond five star review, thank you. We appreciate your continued support.

Riddhi
Mayor's Action Center in US

Module Review

Pros:

It is very easy to use for both ends, constituents and administrative!

Cons:

The fact that I am unable to put in a location that is not detected by the system. Happens very rarely so not a big issue.

5 years ago

Thanks so much! So glad GovPilot is helpful to you and your residents.

Marc
Chief of Housing Production in US

Changed the way we work

Comments: We are in the very early days of using GovPilot beyond just the initial reason we bought the software. Recently, we were evaluating offers to buy properties in the City. Using GovPilot, we were able to make far more informed decisions about these transactions. We were able to see violations on the buyer's properties, overlaying zoning and redevelopment areas on the map, and even click through to google street view. I'm looking forward to even more functionality as we build new tools and add new data.

Pros:

The technical support is fantastic. If you can dream up the function and the work flow, the development team can build it.

Cons:

The software has a relatively high level of reliance on your existing GIS system and data from other sources. GIGO.

6 years ago

Thank you so much for your detailed review! So glad to be accomodating.

Ross
Fire Marshal, Chief Code Enforcement, Zoning in US

EXCELLENT SINGLE SOURCE PROVIDOR

Comments: Excellent communication and extremely responsive tech support.

Pros:

Module interaction with Departments throughout the City

Cons:

There are many pros with this software. The only thing I am awaiting on is integration so that when a web payment is made, it automatically makes an entry into the transaction log and zero's the account accordingly.

Thanks so much!

Kim
Administrative Assistant in US

Not very user friendly, but with great customer support it became a good experience.

Comments: Improved my computer skills!

Pros:

The Borough processes many permits and licenses on a daily basis. It's very efficient to have the system populate and print them.

Cons:

The view. In every category, there just seems to be to much information required! I also dislike that everything is addressed driven.

Thanks so much!

Ryan
Ryan
Councilman for the Borough of South River in US

GovPilot has significantly changed the way we operate within the Borough.

Comments: Time savings, efficiencies, and integration between departments that will hopefully lead to time savings.

Pros:

GovPilot makes workflows more vibrant and efficient through data aggregation. By collecting all of this digitally and building it into a property parcel-centric view, it creates an integrated way to oversee and execute various tasks that serve residents, allowing departments to step away from their silos and better coordinate tasks.

Cons:

Right now, a lot of build out is still necessary to provide a user friendly experience for employees. And there's no real backend for users.

7 years ago

Thank you so much, Ryan! Excited to learn how Jet Mode improves your user experience.

Anthony
Deputy Clerk in US

A good overall system that helps us manage requests.

Pros:

It helps us to track and follow up with requests and is user-friendly. It allows employees to view everything in one central location.

Cons:

The history screen is a bit much to scroll through horizontally to view all the fields. It would be helpful if there was an option to specify if a request is being put in by an administrator on the back end.

6 years ago

Glad to hear that your decision to upgrade to GovPilot is working well for you, Anthony. Thanks for the kind words!

Marianne
Communications Director in US

City of Birmingham, Michigan Review

Pros:

We are using GovPilot's Report a Concern Module. The module is user-friendly for the complainant and our staff members. We are very pleased with the service.

Cons:

We would have liked to customize the app more, and add functionality that is not yet available.

2 years ago

Thanks very much for your kind words! We hope you'll be able to work with your account manager to address any functionality concerns you have about the Report-a-Concern app!

Greg
City Manager in US

Gov Pilot

Comments: This software has allowed the city to combined two or three software into one. Customer service has been great.

Pros:

Cons:

That I did not find the software sooner.

4 years ago

Thanks very much for taking the time to provide your wonderful feedback on GovPilot, Greg!

Julieann
Admin Building Department in US

Comprehensive Software

Comments: Just used the free trial. Love it. Our current system is incredibly restrictive and difficult or impossible to use certain features without getting our IT department or the software company itself involved.

Pros:

The ability to store all property records in one place is invaluable! Currently use a permitting software that does not have this capability and it's very restrictive. GIS mapping is a huge benefit also. Visually appealing dashboard. And the app is a phenomenal tool!!!

Cons:

As a free trial user, it is hard to find anything that I dislike about this software. So far, I love it and it meets/exceeds all our needs. I am going to push for my municipality to adopt.

4 years ago

Thank you very much for your terrific feedback about GovPilot Julieann!

Dena
Deputy Clerk in US

Staff is always very helpful and on top of fixing any issues.

Pros:

Program is very easy to use. Residents like the convenience of online forms, OPRA especially.

Cons:

Still tweaking our GIS map. Some parcels aren't 100 percent correct. Currently working with them to fix these issues.

GovPilot

Pros:

GovPilot is very user-friendly and staff is very helpful and easy to work with.

Cons:

It would be great if there were more options to run different types of reports for each module.

Thanks, John!

Vicki
Deputy Township Clerk in US
Government Administration, 51–200 Employees

The program was easy to learn.

Pros:

The software is user friendly. It is very easy to edit any of the property information. The different reports that you are able to run are very helpful.

Cons:

I do not have any cons other than on the trash district and election district mapping, the districts would just pop up when you click the boxes on the side.

7 years ago

We pride ourselves on GovPilot's minimal learning curve, so it is nice to see that benefit acknowledged by a user. Thank you, Vicki!