15 years helping Irish businesses

Bullhorn ATS & CRM Reviews

4.1 (1,063) Write a Review!

About Bullhorn ATS & CRM

Enhance every part of the recruiting lifecycle with Bullhorn's platform built for staffing and recruiting agencies.

Learn more about Bullhorn ATS & CRM

Pros:

Before they merged with a UK based firm, they were great.

Cons:

Had to log back in after 15 mins of no use, would delete all your notes. No notifications for new applicants that applied to your jobs.

Bullhorn ATS & CRM ratings

4.1
4.0
4.0
3.7

7.7/10

Bullhorn ATS & CRM has an overall rating of 4.1 out 5 stars based on 1,063 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Bullhorn ATS & CRM before?

Filter reviews (1,063)

India
India
Benefits Customer Service Representative in US
Insurance, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Makes timecard submission fast and easy!

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

Makes it easy to enter and submit work hours and the format is easy to follow. Also their customer support team is awesome!

Cons:

Sometimes logging into your account can be difficult.

Ray
Director in UK
Renewables & Environment, 2–10 Employees

Good solid CRM

Comments: Generally good, which is why we have stayed for 3 years. Works well. Solid CRM.

Pros:

It is relatively easy to use, process thorugh the job etc works./ The system works which is better than when I sued Vincere. The help desk does repsond quickly. You have to log. Onboarding is ok - strong processes. But like any larger company it is on you. You have to watch vieos to learn the system and people supporting changes regularly so you will find your knowledge within a year will be better than people supporting you. But as I say the help team will pass you on to experienced people if the problem exists. Overall is a good system, a larger company with the usual larger company processes.

Cons:

Advertising - works but adding a job for multiple jobs can be long winded. Indexing we have had issues with, searching for candidates and not coming up, but they are on there. The biggest issue is Bullhorn partners, very expensive and not al that great.Be wary for all CRMs and Bullhorn when they repsond with yes we have a partner that can do that, for example text messaging. Creating a branded Cv should be easier. Parsing could be better. There answer is we have a partner. Some of this you expect the CRM to do, at the end of the day what are you paying for, if the answer is we have a partner.

Akshay
Akshay
Digital Analyst in Canada
Computer Software, 201–500 Employees

A modern and collaborative ATS

Comments: Bullhorn ATS is a comprehensive software which provides many benefits to staffing agencies. I like the centralized database, time saving automations, custom workflows, and analytics reporting capabilities. It is also mobile friendly. Bullhorn is complex and expensive and may not be the best tool for a company starting out. The customer support can be improved as well.

Pros:

Bullhorn has a centralized candidate database which allows users to store all candidate information, making it easy to access and search for candidates. Bullhorn allows users to customize workflows to fit specific recruitment processes at different companies. There are also plenty of time saving automations for many tasks in the recruitment process like resume screening, scheduling and candidate communications. It allows collaboration between recruiters and hiring managers.

Cons:

Bullhorn can be complex and difficult to learn especially without technical experience. It can be expensive for start-ups as the pricing is based on the number of users. The tool is heavily reliant on solutions with other softwares which can be challenging to troubleshoot. The data storage in the tool is not as flexible as other competitors and there is limited customer support.

Stacey
Candidate Relations Specialist in US

Great ATS, the best one I have used as a Recruiter

Comments: Bullhorn ATS is overall a great tool for our recruiting team and we enjoy using it. It integrates well with a lot of the other tools we use to improve the candidate experience including Herefish, LinkedIn, TextUs, etc. Wish customer support was a bit stronger with stronger, long-lasting solutions, but overall we like it.

Pros:

Integrates with a lot of other software we use like TextUs, Herefish, LinkedIn, LinkedIn Jobs, etc. We also like that it has a lot of capability and functionality, more than other ATS's I have used. It also has a fairly easy to use interface and a lot of training materials, which makes it easy to onboard new recruiters on to our team.

Cons:

Customer Support is very unhelpful when we try to add new functionality, suggest Bullhorn updates, or if we have a system issue. We have not been impressed with their problem-solving or timely support.

Sarah
Sarah
Business Improvement & Project Manager in UK
Financial Services, 11–50 Employees

Easy to use and very intuitive

Comments: Really great - fantastic support team

Pros:

Its easy to set up and use and has a user friendly interface

Cons:

No built in reporting function as standard

Bob
Network Engineer in US
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Expensive product with not enough functionality

Pros:

Great product for staffing purposes and the job recruitment process makes it super simple to very complex. The learning curve can be steep but after mastering the program you can tailor your experience to however vague or detailed that you need.

Cons:

Overall a great product however for the price it's hard to justify unless you are doing big business.

Bullhorn

Comments: Works overall well for our needs, it's a bit pricey but does the job for a staffing firm

Pros:

It's easy to pick up if you're a new user, the navigation is intuitive and it's rather easy to find what you need, input data, etc.

Cons:

There's a lot of bugs and issues when it comes to logging in to sessions, it kicking you out too quickly, and a lot of features are either redundant or don't exist. (ie. you can't delete a company profile?) It's also difficult to edit features in the field mapping, acts too much like coding if you're not familiar with how to make those changes.

Talib
Talib
Talib Jetha in UK
Staffing & Recruiting, 11–50 Employees

A great tool to use with a few minor issues

Comments: Overall the experience was good but if we knew what we know now, we might have opted for a different tool or at least we would have done more research

Pros:

I like the GUI the most as the simplicity and the ease of use of this tool makes it a fantastic product

Cons:

I like the IT support the least, I think there could be a lot more support that could have been given to us when we were implementing and having some issues at the start of the implementation

Amandeep Singh
Technical Recruiter in India
Staffing & Recruiting, 201–500 Employees

Sensible reviewer

Pros:

I have used this software by weekly and it has the strength to be the best ATS in the market. Its features are diverse and can be very efficient when used for long term.

Cons:

I have to find some of the features as some of them are not visible in the main window of this framework.

Lindsey Raye
Lindsey Raye
Recruiting Manager in US
Hospital & Health Care, 501–1,000 Employees

Used Bullhorn Reach since 2009

4.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

How many different items we could post in different locations

Cons:

At the time the CRM and automation wasn’t there yet so I never got to experience that

Karrah
Front Desk in US
Staffing & Recruiting, 2–10 Employees

Bullhorn is like a cellular phone - all in the palm of my hand!

Comments: I have been using Bullhorn for almost a year now - our company has been with the software for at least 5 years and they are doing everything right. At the beginning of this year my organization decided to add Sense Messaging as another way of engaging with our clientele (best decision we've made). These two pieces of software are connected on my platform and have benefited PMC together and on their own too. When we text our clientele through Sense Messaging it automatically is in the database system allowing PMC to keep track of all of the important conversations with our candidates for reference. Bullhorn has solved many business problems with its simplicity also by simply with its ability to communicate with us. The software provides all the information we need to communicate in our industry. Bullhorn has allowed PMC to keep up to date with our clients' needs in positions and our candidates interests and success to meet their goals. Bullhorn is a computer software program progressing with the times of recruitment.

Pros:

Bullhorn is like a cellular phone - all in the palm of my hand - well both of my hands technically - click the mouse with my right hand and type with my left hand when need be. Bullhorn is easy to use, easy to read, it's organizational, it gives you the ability to edit and delete incorrect notations and through contact with Bullhorn's Support Services we've been able to have the software edited for an addition of information that has helped us understand our consumers better to meet their needs. What is most loved about Bullhorn on my end as a Front Desk Agent is having the ability to create and edit templates. I am on the phone from 8am - 5pm Monday through Friday speaking to candidates and clients. Through all this beautiful chaos I am also transferring our customers to our recruiters, payroll admins, and directors. With the opportunity to build and create templates, I have been able to color code, have the message set up, ready to go, and tag my coworkers for knowledge all within a matter of seconds whilst assisting someone else at the same time. There is not a perfect experience to dedicate knowledge here as I successfully complete this task every time. Could not ask for a better resourceful and system.

Cons:

Every perfect piece of software comes with its defects. No person is perfect and nothing they create is perfect either. Bullhorn is stubborn in the category of taking extra steps. When I receive resumes via email, I can simply parse them in no strings attached. However, if I try to parse a resume that has been sent via fax, the option is not there. As a user, one must add the candidate, save the candidate and then go back and merge if the candidate is already on file. A lot of baby steps but doable when need to be done. When candidates apply through our website, Bullhorn is outstanding and automatically merges the file into our system. Sometimes if the candidate is already in our system, Bullhorn merges the two files together and sometimes the software does not which creates confusion for our notetaking and reach outs. Thankfully knowing this, I am always 100% on the lookout for those doppelganger files and ready to merge them to create less confusion for my coworkers and our clientele.

Paul
Vice President, Technology Recruiter in

Grab the Bull by the horn with Bullhorn

Comments: How to sum up our use of Bullhorn in a nutshell? It is the transparent foundation for our Agency's book of business. Think organization, data visualization, accessibility and the added capability to search our candidate database right at our fingertips. Explorers of yore depended on the North Star when no other landmarks were in sight; when the recruiting world has me turned upside down and inside out, I look to Bullhorn as my guiding light. Bullhorn’s streamlined workflow and added functionality from The Bullhorn Marketplace has us covered from front-office to back. Over the past 3 years we've transitioned with ease from a relatively paper based process to a software based solution; we've been able to simplify our time and expense process through the web, broadcast opportunity via Bullhorn Reach and quickly view our open opportunity at the click of a button. Bullhorn truly is our Heads-Up Display as we manage the agency side of full-life cycle recruiting.

Pros:

Bullhorn provides seamless integration with MS Exchange that allows for tracking of in/outbound communication with clients and candidates. Emails are clearly tracked replacing the need to document activity or cross-reference multiple systems in preparation for your next call. Through customization; You can configure Bullhorn to fit your organizations workflow, naming conventions or custom fields et al. As an Administrator for our organization; I've found that most functionality can be achieved with no additional cost or custom development. Resume Parsing and Document Management; Adding new Candidate records is as simple as drag and drop, the parsing engine updates standard fields and documents (references, work samples, background checks, offer letters, etc.) can be managed and saved within a contact's record.

Cons:

Integration with Bullhorn Marketplace: the solutions offered in Bullhorn's Marketplace are extremely relevant; however the integration and go-live process lacks the support and guidance that we've come to expect through our experience with the core ATS product. New API unveiled with Bullhorn S release offered cross-browser accessibility; however some solid features were left behind and modular layout took a step back which added a few more clicks per page. System up-time: Extremely reliable, but back-end performance and data indexing has, and continues, to be an issue from time to time.

Tim
Operations Manager in

Bullhorn Review December 2016

Comments: I have used Bullhorn since 2007 in two different companies. In the first instance, I helped integrate Bullhorn into the company and found Bullhorn support extremely helpful in migrating our data from our old system into Bullhorn. The process went smoothly and our deadlines were met; I still remember this after all these years. I continue to use Bullhorn in my current company and find it an extremely effective tool.

Pros:

Bullhorn Technical Support is simply amazing. I am in awe of their customer service and their knowledge of the system. Customer Service for me means that I'm not put on hold for an inordinate length of time nor am I forced to leave a message after negotiating with a voicemail system that requires me to struggle with too many options. I greatly appreciate Bullhorn Technical Support's sending me a follow up email to any issue I may have had; these emails help me to remember the issue and how it was resolved. Lastly, I realize that Bullhorn has many partners in its Marketplace but I do not receive solicitation calls from them; this is very important to me, as I receive many such calls from other vendors and it is a burden to say the least.

Cons:

I do not remember which version of Bullhorn I used at my first job (from 2007 to 2013). I do know, however, that when I started to use Bullhorn in my second job one of the features that was available in the earlier version (ability to run ad hoc reports based on the various fields in Bullhorn records) was no longer available. I found this feature extremely useful as a Bullhorn administrator for my company and regret that it's no longer available; it provided a level of detail and a freedom of reporting that is not found in the canned reports. I understand that Bullhorn's maintaining such a feature can be a heavy one, but I miss this feature nonetheless. I think it was called Bullhorn 360. Lastly, I do have one other comment. I love the "Merge Record" feature but I find it very complicated to choose the secondary record from the list after I've chosen the primary record first. The primary record shows up as an option when choosing the secondary record for the merge. This is a small detail but one that would be wonderful to correct.

Angelena
Account Manager in US
Staffing & Recruiting, 1,001–5,000 Employees

A powerful CRM with great resources for future development

Comments: The fact that Bullhorn never stops on the achieved results make us believe that their functionality can bring even more benefits in the future. This vendor can surprise their customers with a lot of new features, each of which is equally qualitative to the previous standard package of abilities.

Pros:

This is a tool where everything is ready at hand. Bullhorn offers opportunities for lead generation, as well as for requirement delivery. The management process is seamless and does not require creating API linkages between multiple programs. All the information about each user/employee is organized in a logical and visually convenient form. Besides, the program offers easy and fast abilities to contact each other inside the system and share some important files. It is incredibly important for our company to be ahead of the competition and to make as many people of our target audience as possible aware of our services. We do believe that Bullhorn is really what we need for this aim to come true. With its help, our company can easily gather like-minded fellows in one team to create really unique and thoughtful ideas and run successful projects.

Cons:

To tell the truth, it was hard to find anything we do dislike about Bullhorn. There are just some small shortcomings we would like to see improved in the future releases. For instance, our company would appreciate greatly if Bullhorn paid more attention to their ATS functionality. Very rarely, but still, there might be some problems with the e-mails arrival (personally, we faced this error just once or twice). In general, Bullhorn is a satisfactory platform.

Staffing & Recruiting, 501–1,000 Employees

One Stop Shop

Comments: Overall, I can still say that Bullhorn is the best recruiting software. I would highly recommend this tool to other staffing firms.

Pros:

Bullhorn is the best ATS I have ever used. It is very user-friendly. It only took me a day to know my way around bullhorn. It allows you to edit fields while you are looking at the list. This is very helpful as you do not need to click on a specific link to have it edited. Also, I love that it is integrated with MS Exchange as email conversations are recorded and can be seen by all internal employees. In addition, it is very easy to track the progress of each requisition. Bullhorn also allows you to set up reminders which are very helpful for busy recruiters like me. I love that text messages are also recorded in the system. Lastly, they have an awesome technical support team! Way to go!

Cons:

For me, Bullhorn can still improve on tearsheets. Recruiters should be able to edit fields without them having to click a specific link/candidate. It would be very beneficial if they would add this feature as most job postings are really fast-moving. Another thing that I have noticed is with duplicate candidates. Sometimes I add a specific candidate and it shows me, 50 plus duplicate candidates. When I try to click one, it's nowhere similar to the resume that I uploaded. I hope they can do something about this.

CEO in US
Biotechnology, 11–50 Employees

The big player but seems like old technology

Comments: Over all it did what it said and seems to have a corner on the market but does not seem to be innovative or really bring cutting-edge ideas to the table. I felt it was an administrative task to use a bullhorn vs a tool that would empower me to grow my business.

Pros:

It has tons of features and could grow with you. It also has a great marketplace so you can hire consultants to customize it. This was extremely expensive, however.

Cons:

It seems like it was built on technology from 15 years ago, feels very clunky and was not as responsive, automated or taking advantage of the latest technology. I found myself wanting to skip tracking interactions rather than fire this Bullhorn system up.

Wendy
Recruiting Manager in
Staffing & Recruiting, 201–500 Employees

Bullhorn helps to bring standardization and simplicity to the recruitment process

Comments: Bullhorn becomes part of the fabric of your organization and definitely not something that you could live without.

Pros:

Bullhorn helps to streamline the recruitment process by allowing your jobs, candidates and placements to all be in one place at your fingertips. You can create a simplified workflow on each entity so you can see what has been done, what stage the record is at and helps to keep your process on track. The reporting is easy to use and allows for follow up with your team members. The list views are very easy to train and once you understand one, you can navigate easily through the system. Training becomes easy because the tool has a standardized look and feel.

Cons:

There are a few areas within the application that you do not have the ability to configure. If these area had configuration ability it would be great. The overall application has tons of customization and configuration ability but those few small areas that don't really should be inline with all the other areas.

Mark
Recruiting Manager in US
Staffing & Recruiting

Why we chose Bullhorn over the company choice

Pros:

We were encouraged to use a different ATS and chose to pay a little MORE for Bullhorn S for a few reasons: 1. Email is the primary form of communication for many conversations and the ability to be in the database while in Outlook was the number one reason for choosing Bullhorn S 2. Having the ability to create a workflow that matched our needs was a must. We do both direct hire and high volume contracting. We a process that works for both income streams 3. Customer Service - we almost didn't go with Bullhorn because of "rumors" about customer service support. We took the chance and are thrilled that we did. The customer service team usually picks up in a few rings. Even if the first level tech doesn't have the solution, they will get the issue resolved almost always on the first call 4. Set up went very well. The implementation team helped us to configure Outlook and Microsoft Office 365

Cons:

Unfortunately the program setup forces you to select creation of emails using either Outlook or within the ATS. We create our emails using Outlook as normal and the emails are logged in the database. BUT if you are doing a mass email or want to use a stored template, it is a little bit of a process to bring up the email editor and to email via the database. That is manageable. The real issue is that often emails sent within the database wind up in SPAM. I have been told that there is NO solution. It means that I must follow up with the email recipient to guarantee receipt.

Brian
Vice President in US
Medical Devices, 2–10 Employees

Vice President

Comments: Was a Sendouts customer when Bullhorn bought them and eventually forced to migrate to Bullhorn platform. Have been very dissatisfied with customer service. They don't offer much for small firms (we are 2 employees) and won't even assign an account manager to us. They recently did an upgrade that caused a major issue with SPF and resume submissions - but they didn't tell their customers until after the fact. We only found out when we contacted them with the issue - crazy bad execution on their part. Finally had enough and am currently transitioning to a new ATS vendor and Bullhorn is really slow getting through that process. Terrible customer service.

Pros:

Fairly easy to implement and navigate. Decent overall at working through recruiting process workflow.

Cons:

Limited effectiveness interfacing with LinkedIn. Poor mobile access. Frequent time outs and often requires multiple attempts to log in for some reason.

Legal Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Clunky, slow, terrible reporting. Does the job, but does so in a very inefficient way.

Comments: Its an ATS - it keeps the data we need, but it just does so really terribly.

Pros:

Navigation between candidates, companies, and applications Relatively user-friendly interface Note sharing and distribution listings easy

Cons:

Reporting. Pulling a report with the exact same parameters multiple times produce reports with widely varying results. Even when parameters are set (e.g. exclude a field), parameters are not stuck to leading to inaccurate results. Will not operate correctly if there is too much data in the reports, so it cannot handle creating a single report with multiple months/years of data, meaning smaller reports have to be pulled separately and then pieced together manually. Customer service - highlighting issues with the platform went nowhere. Identifying problems or issues elicited zero response from Bullhorn. Performance - so so slow! Opening candidate profiles takes forever!

Rabee
Talent Acquisition Coordinator in US
Entertainment, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Amazing

Comments: Overall, I recommend using this if we need to enter the candidates and requisitions, in order to keep in touch with the candidates. Not a very helpful tool when it comes to built-in scheduling but we can still send out emails and communicate. I would use it to maintain a candidate database/inventory.

Pros:

I used Bullhorn for almost 4 years. I love Bullhorn to maintain my talent pool and inventory. This is a great way of saving candidate Data and then accessing it whenever we need it. I can't even explain how much this has made my life easier in terms of searching for talent in the Bullhorn database if I am ever stuck and not able to find a candidate through any of the job boards. with just a could of searches, we can find a candidate we maybe spoke to 3 years ago who might be a good fit for a specific role. A great way to use and maintain data. A very good tool to generate reports as well/

Cons:

Not a very good ATS system. Doesn't give us the flexibility of scheduling candidates too much.

Brandon
Director - Shared Services in US
Staffing & Recruiting, 51–200 Employees

Bullhorn is the top system in the industry!

Pros:

Bullhorn is an excellent open source system that allows us to effectively engage our Candidates and Clients and driv revenue across our multiple business lines. They understand who they are and what they are great at and bring partners alongside to provide the industry leading tech that they do not have embedded in their tool. the support has also greatly improved in our 4 years where our questions and issues are answered within a day at the most. and, our rep is the best. She is so engaged with us and provides updates and keeps us where we want to be, on the leading edge.

Cons:

I honestly have no cons for Bullhorn. the suggestions we have provided over the years have been taken to heart and implemented so that is all you can ask frm a partner. Listen to your clients and take action on relevant things.

Greg
Managing Director in UK
Staffing & Recruiting, 2–10 Employees

Review of Bullhorn

Comments: Rather frustrating - the 'out of the box' solution doesn't really seem to fulfil as many of the requirements as some of your competitors do. The inability to set up multiple offices for the same company seems quite an oversight, particularly if one contact oversees the recruitment across a number of sites but can only be added to one of them for synchronisation purposes. Also, the fact that the online job loading portal automatically brings through the location of a role seems remarkably short-sighted when we don't want our competitors to know which clients we are acting for. Generally I think we are frustrated that when we initially looked at Bullhorn we thought it looked like a product for large organisations or in-house recruiters and was advised that this was not the case - yet how many start-ups can afford to employ a web developer to customise their vacancy portal or to invest in extra CV production software because the existing templates are too simplistic?

Pros:

Synchronisation is seamless with email Customer service and tech support was good on some issues Online and mobile so can be accessed easily

Cons:

Need to upgrade to access very simple tweaks - menu customisations? Should be fairly standard and not worth an extra £30 per user to do Not fully capable of doing everything we need it to. We paid a premium price to get a top end product and sadly this seems to fall short of that Requirement to have a web developer to customise portal

Bullhorn Response

7 years ago

Hi Greg, Thank you so much for taking the time to review our product. I am sorry that you feel like Bullhorn is not properly meeting your needs. If you would like to further discuss how we may be able to improve your experience, please feel free to reach out to me at [email protected]. We value your time and feedback!

Education Management, 501–1,000 Employees

A Sophisticated Tool for Customer Relationship Management: Bullhorn CRM

Comments: I will say that Bullhorn CRM is the best CRM software product for managing customer-relationship in any organization from my experience.
It is a robust tool that ensures customer satisfaction and retention as well as providing the opportunity for new customers thus increasing the company's productivity.
its interface is quite simple to use and appealing.
I highly recommend Bullhorn CRM to those companies looking for better CRM solutions.

Pros:

Bullhorn CRM capability to provide immediate insight into the person that is in touch and the capability to keep track of all conversations between different stakeholders makes it superior over other CRM software. Increased customer relation has led to improve in my organization's productivity. another cool feature about is about its intuitive interface that is simple and easy to work with even for the inexperienced users.

Cons:

In my opinion, I will say the latency experienced by Bullhorn CRM has made it be time-consuming in some context and even failure to capture data from the user.

Bre
Bre
Recruiter in US

Bullhorn ATS

Pros:

This ATS has everything! Its user interface is unbeatable. The ATS requires little to no training because it is so simple to use, but still has complex and detailed features. I am able to integrate Bullhorn with email, ring central, our video interview platform and various job boards so all work can be done on the system.

Cons:

The Jobs / Opportunities part can be a little repetitive and complex. But just something to get used to!