• Overall
    4.1 /5

About UKG Ready

Employee scheduling solution that helps organizations manage shifts, payroll, leaves, overtime calculations and more.

Learn more about UKG Ready

Jana Y.
Accounting Specialist
Mental Health Care, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/1/2020

"Kronos"

Comments: Overall I have had a great experience with Kronos. I love the learning feature. I have only had issues with the new interface.

Pros: I love the ease of clocking in and out. The phone app is great especially with being able to clock in or out even when you are off line. Love the tracking feature also for the phone app. I also like the reporting module. It is very versatile and I can make reports for individuals exact likes, wants and needs.

Cons: I do not like the new interface at all. It takes longer to get to everything. I feel like I have at least 2 to 3 more clicks of the mouse to get anywhere I need to go. Also the time card seems more messy and harder for the employees to read.

• Reviewed on 21/1/2020
Lisa M.
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 Employees

"Kronos Review"

Comments: I am a little frustrated with at times the communication flow. Frequent cancellations of meetings. Not always meeting deadlines on things. Sometimes not communicating proactively updates on where we are at with fixing certains issues. The latest hiccup occurred when the system went down and we reported this. Then we found out that we were supposed to sign up for the workforce community to get the updates when something goes wrong. This was either not communicated to us, or not quite communicated in a way that any of the implementation team understood. Not one of us either remembered or understood this. Separate from that I am very disappointed that important notifications are not automatic - instead we have to sign up for those notifications. My question is why? Shouldn't important notifications be standard? I have never had a product where we've had to sign up for those. You really need to reconsider that. There are other minor issues that make no logical sense to me as well. Like how to request PTO and not having the option to request a flat number of hours over several days. We are a healthcare operation with various schedules and requesting two weeks cause odd things to happen. Seems like this is something that should have been offered as an option long ago. Our first go-live date was December 23rd and now it is August 16th and we still have not gone live because there are still numerous issues to work through. That is frustrating for all the staff here.

Pros: I've used time and attendance systems before and generally like them.

Cons: We've have a tough time pulling the trigger to go live. I recognize that some of that is related to our unusual rules. However, I get a little disappointed about the lenghthy time and some of the hiccups seem to be for other reasons.

Alejandro A.
HR Generalist
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/1/2020

"new user"

Comments: overall Kronos has been a mixed bag. there are features we greatly enjoy that allows for flexibility, modifications, and different ways of doing this. there are features that seem that should be in the system that are not causing us to add manual work to that was previously automated. the system looks very beautiful, but can require a lot of clicks to get to one spot. there is room for much growth to make it an amazing system

Pros: the system allows a bit more flexibility in terms of security for different types of users, alerts to employees.
we like the calendar option where you can just simply select the date under employee information
We are not charged for setting up alerts
Recruitment - We like the ability to add, delete, and modify questionnaires once they are active.
I like the do to bell list being a one stop shop for employees.
We like that the system is just one system as a whole rather than multiple "compatible" systems.

Cons: it would be helpful if the system had shortcuts such as control S, O to open up things.
it would be helpful if you do not have to input slashes on dates. if you can just input it.
It would be good if there was an option to create email alert for inventory section
sometimes the automatic email reports do not work the way they should
there are several sections that are dual entry. it can get repetitive.
the job change history is useful, however, the effective date is according to the date we changed it in the system, not the ACTUAL effective date.
making direct deposit accounts inactive is frustrating where a new full/remaining account cannot be added if there is a previous one currently in existence even if it is inactive. cannot delete direct deposit accounts is frustrating too.
Recruitment -it would be good if items such as applicants, resumes, and questionnaires can be accessed instead of multiple different locations
Needs stronger ACA assistance for employers.
everything is eastern time. need to take into consideration that some clients are western or central and are open later than 5 EST and trainings are too early at 7 EST.

• Reviewed on 30/1/2020
Leesa P.
Payroll, Benefits & Compensation Analyst
  • Reviewed on 13/7/2018

"Promised everything would work with our setups, but only about half was delivered. We've learned to live with it by implementing manual work arounds that put the responsibility employee & the payroll analyst."

Pros: Most of the reporting functions are great. The general look and feel of the website is great. Time clocks were easy to update when we got new badges and we never have issues with missed punches. The Manage Payroll function works well. It's easy to make changes to most features to get it working how we want it.

Cons: It's difficult to use with shift differential on time off requests. It requires multiple requests off from the employee just to get paid their shift diff correctly. The accruals function is terrible. It doesn't forecast into the future, which is a HUGE issue for employees & management. This doesn't let employees request for time off using future accrued time off. And, it doesn't give them any way to plan for future vacations. The fact that everything hinges on the anniversary date causes a lot of employee confusion. The Current Balance is supposed to account for Scheduled time off, but when the Scheduled time off is after the employee's anniversary date, it doesn't deduct from the Current Balance, so it causes a ton of confusion. Also, the Current Accrued column makes no sense to employees or even me, and I'm technically the 'Kronos expert' at my company. It would be great if you could get rid of Current Accrued & Taken columns since they cause more confusion and questions than anything else. When an employee using a Bulk Hours schedule requests time off in the current pay period, once the manager approves it, it populates their time card with the time off rows, but it doesn't delete the working hours, so suddenly they have 8 hours of work and 8 hours of vacation on the same day. While the support desk personnel are helpful, it can be very inconvenient to wait 1-3 days to get help with an issue or question. It's also hard to stop everything I'm doing when Kronos is ready to help me. I feel like my only choice is to drop everything I'm doing, because this is my chance, and I don't want to put it off another day. I feel like this puts all the convenience on Kronos support and none of the convenience on the customer. It would be nice to be able to talk to someone when I have the problem and I'm working on it. The Kronos update webinars to hear about new features & updates are painful to sit through. The presenter sounds like she's reading a prepared essay for a 7th grade class. I tried attending three webinars, and it was always the same. I feel like I learn nothing with this presentation style because I'm so distracted by the robotic presentation.

• Reviewed on 13/7/2018
Michele O.
HR Assistant / Executive Assistant
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 7/7/2017

"Workforce Ready"

Comments: This is a good program for our purposes, and it is used by accounting and HR. I can't comment for accounting, but HR is making good use of the program.

Pros: After training (and retraining,) I am able to maneuver through the program easily. It's good to be able to adjust the company settings so that some fields are auto filled, such as our benefits guidelines. Reports are easy to customize, although I need more practice because I only run them infrequently. It's good to be able to save reports for ease of running them the next time. Easy to download to excel for further customizing the reports. I have admin access, so I am able to get whatever information I need quickly, without being blocked. I am in the program many times throughout the day. It's easy to manage my own time and requests for time off as well, both for myself and on behalf of others (when they forget!) The benefits feature and ability to get copies of W-2's and other forms both for myself and employees is a good one. The amount of information on each employee is very thorough. There are times we have layoffs, and then recalls, so it is easy to REHIRE the employees, with their previous information already loaded.

Cons: I find it somewhat cumbersome when hiring a new employee, but again, the company settings make it easier. When running reports, I sometimes struggle with finding the right fields to add, especially when it has to do with the accounting features, but I have an excellent "go-to" person in accounting that assists! Again, that is usually due to the infrequency of running those types of reports. When rehiring employees, we found that some of the information was not prefilling, but with some adjustments in the company settings, (after trial by fire) it seems to be working correctly.

by Holly on 8/9/2017

Hi Michele – I love to hear that your HR team is making great use of the product. It is fantastic that you have a go-to person in accounting for pulling reports when you need them, but I wanted to highlight some key resources we have available to help you further with your reporting needs. We have a reporting best practices webinar available to all our customers and we also offer instructor-led classes on reporting. If you are interested I would be happy to share further details and a link to the webinar with you. Please feel free to send me an email at [email protected] – I look forward to hearing from you!
All the best,

• Reviewed on 7/7/2017
Bernadette R.
HR Manager
Food Production, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 9/8/2019

"Ease of use!"

Pros: The software is very user-friendly both for admins and users. Reporting is a breeze and is one of my favorite features!

Cons: The con that I have experienced is not in the software itself but in the customer service. I would like a designated rep that knows my rules, my employees, etc. It's like starting from scratch every time I have an issue. When I used Empower, I had designated reps. I miss that feature the most.

• Reviewed on 9/8/2019
Ashley M.
Coordinator
Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/1/2020

"Streamline all aspects of employee time-keeping in one application!"

Comments: Since implementing and fully utilizing Kronos our staffing models have been better aligned with the business needs at each of our sites & held employees more accountable because this gives them a visual representation of punches that are "out of line" (tardy, unexcused absence, late out, etc). Kronos also tracks and reports this data based on trends/benchmarking that we established (Automatically sent to managers via e-mail report) - This has freed up our management team to focus on other duties.

Pros: Kronos has allowed our organization to house all aspects of employee time-keeping within one application. This has count down significantly on the reports collected because Kronos is tracking attendance, tardy, late out, OT, hours beyond FTE, etc. We have built our program to send notifications directly to management so that they can then handle "issues" as needed.

Cons: Implementation and planning efforts to build Kronos out to be as functional/efficient as it currently is took many months & IT work. Our organization did all of this internally, may be easier/quicker if utilizing Kronos for this.

• Reviewed on 16/1/2020
Paul M.
Controller
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/2/2017

"Controller"

Comments: Kronos Workforce Ready is an excellent product for us and a definite upgrade over the Workforce Central version we were on. Every software has its shortcomings, but they have been few and far between with WFR. The last KronosWorks conference had plenty of WFR ready classes and a considerable number of users to interact with.

Pros: Customer service has been a strong suit for Kronos regardless of which product you are on. Reporting functionality in WFR is by far the best change from WFC, but also better than any other software we use throughout our company. Since WFR is on the cloud, the continual upgrades are done for us, saving us time and money.

Cons: Implementation left a lot to be desired.

• Reviewed on 14/2/2017
Steve P.
  • Reviewed on 9/5/2018

"The time keeping system that brought us into the new age."

Comments: The clocks are resilient and easy to use, none of our employees have any complaints.

Pros: It is quick, accurate, and cloud based (so it is available everywhere). It combined our 4 locations, and digitized our PTO system while allow us to use the same access card for time keeping as we do for a door access system.

Cons: The biggest con for us is that it does not integrate with our payroll system (we use paychex flex). We are able to export hours from Kronos to Flex. Another con would be that the App feels a little out dated.

by Jesse on 5/7/2018

Hi Steve,
Thank you for taking the time to review Workforce Ready! It’s great to hear our products have been easy to use, and that your employees are successfully utilizing our clocks. We also appreciate your feedback regarding the integration to your payroll system, and will be sure to send your thoughts to the appropriate teams.
If you have any additional thoughts, please reach out to me at [email protected]
Thank you!
Jesse

• Reviewed on 9/5/2018
Elisa M.
HRIS Analyst
Insurance, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 1/8/2017

"Kronos workforce ready"

Comments: The support overall is good but it takes too long to get to the people with knowledge. I wish the ticket process were streamlined to send the more technical and difficult tickets directly to the next level.

Pros: Flexibility in implementing modules. I like that it is not a buy one get all. You can use the feature as you want and turn on others later on as well as purchase other pieces as add ons.

Cons: The performance review module is week and not tied to goals. The compensation module is very disorganized and creates too many lines of data for each single transaction causing a lot of manual clean up on a regular basis. The applicant module is not flexible enough.

by Elisa on 25/8/2017

Hi Elisa,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on Workforce Ready. I am glad to hear that you are enjoying the flexibility of the solution. I also appreciate your candid feedback on what you would like to see improved. I wanted to let you know that the ability is tie goals to the annual review will be available in our October release. I would also be happy to coordinate a call with our HR product management to chat further about your pain points with both recruitment and our Compensation module and discuss what we have on the horizon in terms of usability improvements for both features. Feel free to send me an email at [email protected] and I would be happy to coordinate a time for all of us to connect.

All the best,

• Reviewed on 1/8/2017
John andrew C.
Leasing associate
Commercial Real Estate, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/9/2018

"Efficient time tracker plus more. A lot more."

Pros: Clocking in before and clocking out after your work hours is the main role of Kronos workforce. It is efficient and user friendly. But it's way more than a time stamp tracker. You can access your vacation credits, request for one, track it and link it to your schedule viewer. You can approve and review your time card, payroll cannot process your time card unless you approve it. It assures that discrepancies can be fixed before it moves forward. It has tons of features, i don't think i can cover everything in one go.

Cons: Some of my coworkers advised that they can access the clock-in capability of the program outside our closed network. I understand that it's web based but this might cause integrity issues. I'm not sure if that featured can be tailored to be locked out if your not logged in the company's network.

• Reviewed on 20/9/2018
Kelly H.
Medical Practice, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 6/10/2017

"Workforce Ready Review"

Pros: Ease of use; cloud based program - data is available from any log on; multiple reports available to use for various needs.

Cons: Multi-factor authentication for those customers who only use the timekeeping software has really limited our employees from using the software. We dont keep private information in our records for Kronos and if the employer could "opt" to use the multi-factor authentication that would increase our employee's usage and ability to take care of their own needs. Instead, payroll is having to take of their needs because they have difficulty logging in.

by Amy on 20/11/2017

Hello Kelly,

It is great to hear that you are taking advantage of Workforce Ready being in the cloud!
As far as multi-factor authentication is concerned, I will certainly pass this along to the product team. Please feel free to reach out to me at [email protected] if you would like to discuss it further.

• Reviewed on 6/10/2017
Bobby S.
Business System Analyst
Consumer Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/8/2019

"Bobby's Likes and Dislikes"

Comments: Kronos did most of what we needed it to do. The biggest issue we had was the fact they over-promised the capabilities of what Kronos could do. After signing our contract and committing to the software, we found out it couldn't do the accounting we needed it to do, so we had to invest in a separate software to handle our accounting issues. Then we found out the onboarding didn't work the way we needed it to, so we had to invest in another software for it. Then it wouldn't communicate with our new accounting software, so we had to invest in yet another software. So all in all, the cost became to much.

Pros: I love how simple it is to export the data. I also love the many options of exports it's capable of doing.

Cons: The reporting systems are very complicated to work with. Most of the reports I had to create couldn't be done in Kronos. I had to export the data to excel and create the reports from excel.

Charline H.
HR Director/ Senior Vice President
Banking, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/5/2019

"Great Software"

Comments: Using Kronos has significantly reduced the hours spent handling and filing paperwork on each employee. Employee reviews, job goals, reward and disciplinary matters are all handled through Kronos. Employee basically have access to their entire work history. They also have access and ability to print their W-2 and ACA form.

Pros: Building reports within Kronos and being able to print the data in various formats has been one of the greatest features of Kronos. I love having the ability to take a candidate from the application stage to the hiring stage within the same process and have all hiring documents completed within the system. Lastly, having the time keeping system also be within the same software makes Kronos the best interactive software we have used to date!

Cons: The least favorable feature of Kronos has been not having the "back button" work at all times, regardless of where you are within the software. Too often, there is a need to restart a process.

• Reviewed on 16/5/2019
Kelley O.
HR/Payroll Clerk
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/8/2019

"Kronos Review"

Comments: I enjoyed working with the Kronos system. I also enjoyed everybody that we ever worked with. They were very pleasant and always willing to help. If they did not know the answer, they found somebody that did.

Pros: For the most part it is very user friendly. I loved some of the reports that I was able to utilize. Also the dash board with the attendance list, etc on it was very nice.

Cons: It did take quite awhile to get it tweeked to our needs for a payroll system. We never did get the PTO/Vacation/etc. to work right. That was part my fault for not having enough time to spend with somebody to get it completely set up to our specifications.

• Reviewed on 23/8/2019
Michael P.
Warehouse Operator
Food & Beverages, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 3/1/2020

"Get your business in gear with Kronos"

Comments: Kronos is one of the best business applications you can use, and they offer many services. From time management to people management, they offer a lot of help and insight on how to make your business run smoother. Highly recommended.

Pros: Partnering with Kronos can really help you get your business in gear. They have a lot of insights on how to manage your people, and they can really help your business grow. All the information on your people and business are ready, at your fingertips.

Cons: As with all things, most people will not be wanting to pay the costs associated with using this product. Also, some of the verbiage is a little wordy, but once you read and understand what they mean, you'll realize it is a good product to be using.

• Reviewed on 3/1/2020
Devan B.
Document Control Analyst
  • Reviewed on 2/10/2018

"Worked great until we reached the Labor Level limit"

Pros: The system provides an easy to use punch in/punch out process using bio-metric fingerprint scan, there are customize-able dashboards and reporting functions, and if you have a straightforward business model without the need to segregate costs into multiple Job Orders this is a great system.

Cons: The Workforce Ready terminals do not support barcode readers, you have to select everything from a list. They also don't display in the same way you have your Job Orders or Cost Centers setup, they only display as a list view, with some qualifiers for searching. If you need detailed job costing, there are a lot of additional steps required to set up and manage all the data, and there is no inherent connectivity to ERP systems. Middleware is provided to help move data in and out of other systems, but it all has to be custom programmed, which you as the customer are required to provide. If you are using a standard job prefix, there is a limit of 750 records in any one folder, and once you surpass that limit, the functionality of the "Tree View" (which is how everyone is accustomed to viewing a file structure) reverts to a "List View" which is absolutely useless for a large collection of data due to the way it is formatted. Once the limit is reached, the previous functionality can not be restored, which causes a lot of heartache for people that have been accustomed to visually finding the Job number and then have to learn how to search using "Like" or "Between". Knowing this up front would have prevented the purchase of the product, but it took literally weeks of dialog with support to just discover what the issue was when it occurred, and the software engineering team had no interest in fixing the code that caused it.

• Reviewed on 2/10/2018
Julann P.
Company Admin
Philanthropy, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/4/2017

"Workforce Ready, great product"

Comments: Overall I am really glad we switched over to WFR from WFC, it has made my job much easier as well as allowing new functionality that was not there before. Not having to wait on our internal Database Manager to update patches is nice, Kronos takes care of all that now. We have been on WFR a little over a year now and have been very happy with the product.

Pros: The reporting is much improved over Workforce Central with so much flexibility to customize reports. Love the ability to customize views for end users and the overall functionality to customize the program the way we need to use Kronos for our business without needing a lot of additional programming costs.

Cons: Response times are a bit slower than on Workforce Central but nothing that has caused business interruptions. There are some fields that are not options in some reports that I wish were there but we have found workarounds.

• Reviewed on 26/4/2017
Michelle R.
Human Resources Administrator
  • Reviewed on 4/12/2018

"Review of Kronos Workforce Ready"

Pros: Exceptional customer service support and updates! Great resources through Kronos Community. The notification that pops up once logged into Kronos is very helpful and provides relevant important information and reminders. Love how easy it is to create, edit, and share reports.

Cons: No major complaints. I suggest to continue to work on improving Workforce Ready so tasks can be completed with fewer clicks and less navigation. Another improvement would be to remove the current requirement to submit payroll two days before the payroll date. When a holiday falls somewhere within the week, it can become difficult and a bit of a time crunch to try to submit payroll in time. If you could change the requirement to submitting payroll one day before the payroll date, it would greatly help.

• Reviewed on 4/12/2018
Holly L.
Sr. Human Resources Manager
Medical Practice, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/4/2017

"I would like to see improvements but overall good system"

Pros: Having a real HRIS system is a plus. We are not fully utilizing the system due to poor implementation team but we see potential.

Cons: Customer Service needs improvement. Not available when needed. Sometimes don't get calls back at all.

by Holly on 4/5/2017

Hello Holly,

Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it, and we’re sorry your experience was not as positive as it should be. I thought you would like to know that we have increased the number of support staff and are continually improving our internal training to better serve our customers. If you have any additional concerns, please feel free to connect with me at [email protected] – I would be happy to help.

978.947.5173
[email protected]

• Reviewed on 21/4/2017
Erika B.
Philanthropy
    4.5 /5
  • Reviewed on 2/3/2016

"Solid payroll, HR, and TLM package with great reporting features"

Pros: Kronos Workforce Ready is a truly customizable product, with very robust, customizable reporting tools and good payroll optimization. For mid-sized enterprises it is a solid, cloud-based all-in-one option. ACA reporting tool is great. Flexibility of tools is something we hope our managers and employees will grow into as they become accustomed to non-paper-based payroll.

Cons: Recruitment module and payroll module have weird glitches with tax, unemployment and workers' comp settings that make automation a little hit or miss with the forms; cost center editing is complicated. Global Support folks are very nice, but the depth of bench can vary, so if you find someone you like working with, try to stick with them as much as possible. Basic scheduling (without Scheduler module) is not useful.

• Reviewed on 2/3/2016
Kristine C.
Human Resources Manager
Legal Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/8/2017

"Best HRIS software for a small HR Dept"

Pros: Everything I need is in one software: recruiting, onboarding, benefits, payroll, performance reviews and offboarding. The employee and manager self-service components are the main reason we switched software and there are no regrets after two years of using Workforce Ready.

Cons: If you are a small HR department, the set-up time might be longer than expected because you have to balance implementation with getting your regular job done.

by Amy on 7/9/2017

Hello Kristine,

Thanks for the great review! We are thrilled to hear that Workforce Ready is working so well for you and wish you continued success with your business!

Thanks again,

• Reviewed on 22/8/2017
Richelle B.
Lifeset Specialist
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 6/8/2019

"Kronos Mileage and Time Log"

Comments: Overall I would recommend Kronos to larger organizations and companies. It seems to be an esay way to log and submit hours, especially when you have staff that work remotely or in several states.

Pros: The Kronos' app is great when you are on the go all the time and need to track hours in real time. I worked as a social worker and was never in the office. I used the Kronos app all the time for my time sheet, which was a huge help since my hours were always different and emergency visits would emerge all the time. The app was easy to navigate and worked with Android & iphones.

Cons: One con is the time off feature. It was a little confusing to navigate and understand how the day vs. date function works. This was something all staff had to reach out to a supervisor for when going to request time off to make sure we were accurately taking the right amount of time off and not adding in extra days.

• Reviewed on 6/8/2019
Financial Systems Supervisor
Government Administration, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/7/2019

"Great time keeping software"

Pros: What I love most about Kronos is the ability to edit clock-in and out and also the mobile app. For me, when I am away from the office, training other departments or at a conference and I need to approve time sheets or approve leave, I don't have to worry about getting to a computer to do it. I can just use the mobile app.

Cons: What I like least was the use of Java. It slowed the software down and made it harder to use at times. We just received an update a few weeks ago that took Java script away and now it functions perfectly.

• Reviewed on 22/7/2019
Kelli F.
HR/Payroll Coordinator
Medical Practice, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/8/2017

"A well rounded product that is always improving"

Pros: The software offers many modules that cover all areas of payroll and human resources. It also is easy to train staff how to use it.

Cons: Some reports and set up areas can be difficult to navigate. It can also be difficult to find information or training on how to set up certain things.

by Amy on 7/9/2017

Hi Kelli,

Thank you so much for providing your feedback! It is great to hear that Workforce Ready is helping you with payroll and human resources efforts. Please feel free to reach out to me at [email protected] if you would like assistance with training – we have a number of webinars and other resources that you might find useful!

Thanks,