15 years helping Irish businesses

Dropbox Business Reviews

4.5 (21,595) Write a Review!

About Dropbox Business

Share a document. Collaborate and comment. Securely store files. Dropbox Business has everything you need for your digital workspace.

Learn more about Dropbox Business

Pros:

Dropbox is super convenient, offering a great mobile iOS app, integration into Microsoft Surface/tablet, and the standard desktop integration. We use Dropbox on both PC & Mac OS seamlessly.

Cons:

I suspect that it could be vulnerable to malware if anyone on the team uploads an infected file.

Dropbox Business ratings

4.5
4.3
4.4
4.3

8.5/10

Dropbox Business has an overall rating of 4.5 out 5 stars based on 21,595 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Dropbox Business before?

Filter reviews (21,595)

Marianela
Marianela
Water Treatment Consultant in Panama
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Dropbox, an incredible platform to protect and store documents, to share them with coworkers.

Comments: I have used Dropbox in both Windows and MacOS environments and its behavior is extremely stable. A learning curve is not required for its use, since it is quite intuitive, and frees us from worrying about the protection and correct storage of our documents, to deal with the most important thing, which is precisely the operation of our company.

Pros:

One of the features that I have loved the most is selective synchronization, since it allows me to keep the documents that I work with regularly updated, and not occupy additional local space on my device for those directories that have documents that I am not working on. So, when I spend periods of time on my laptop without connecting and I decide to access Dropbox, the synchronization will be fast and effective.

Cons:

There are great features in Dropbox that we learn as we use it or investigate how it works; for example: a blue folder with a person symbol is a shared folder, maybe with some difference for mobile apps or desktop app. In the same way, we have excellent icons that let us know when a folder is shared with others or that it has been shared with me instead. In general, it is very intuitive and its usability can be described as excellent.

Bert
Mobile App and Web Development Manager in US
Hospital & Health Care, 501–1,000 Employees

SYNCING FILE WITH DROPBOX

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: My overall experience of Dropbox was always fantastic. Despite having some limitations, it fulfills all my requirements. If you are worried about your large files and where to keep them, then Dropbox should be your first choice.

Pros:

It offers a smart document scanning system. However, it comes only in mobile version of this app. It helps the user to upload their files more easily and fast. It always helps me and saves my valuable time.

Cons:

Its customer support isn’t good. Their response is always low. This sector should be developed and they should listen to their users for the improvement of their software.

Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

File sync issues on Mac OS

Comments: We've gone from Google, to Box, to Dropbox (we're now back to google drive) looking for a file sharing solution for our agency. We have thousands of files accessed by designers and developers across various workplace locations. Unfortunately, we've had to leave this platform because file structures weren't updating properly. Some users wouldn't see some files. Didn't seem to be a permissions issue and customer service wasn't able to help. In fairness, it's not just this platform. Everything we've tried seems to have some degree of issues with sync. Google has been the best for us because the only issue there has to do with path names for linked files. So when another user picks up a file (e.g.: InDesign), they need to re-link all the images. Dorpbox did solve this problem, but having folders not refresh properly is a worse issue, so we're back to Google.

Pros:

Very fast connectivity. Robust security. Good permissions management. Speeds were sufficient to work directly in cloud files without issue. Cloud files were integrated directly into the native OS file browsing.

Cons:

File sync issues across our organization.

Patrick
Retail Manager in Qatar
Food & Beverages, 51–200 Employees

Dropbox For All Type of Business.

Comments: It's a robust solution for businesses looking to streamline collaboration, enhance productivity, and securely manage their data in the cloud.

Pros:

Offers powerful collaboration features, including file sharing, commenting, and real-time editing, which are essential for teams working on projects together.

Cons:

Its a cloud-based service,internet connection is necessary for users to access and sync their files, which could be a limitation in areas with poor connectivity.

momen
Technical offfice engineer in Egypt
Civil Engineering, 10,000+ Employees

momen zidan

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: i think Dropbox the best cloud storage you can easily use it from you laptop and your smart phone .

Pros:

sharing files with large size easily between team work.

Cons:

cloud storage plans is not enough to large data.

Investment Management, 2–10 Employees

Dropbox business medium bussines

Comments: I had really had a good experience as a personal user but in the company when I implemented it the cost was very high so I had to reduce the users who really had access and who needed their information at hand.

Pros:

I liked that we could store information from a computer and transfer it to a mobile phone without having to send emails and have the information from any computer linked to the user.

Cons:

the cost of this platform per user was very expensive and if the user really used it for storage it could be profitable but if not it was too expensive to be an information channel.

Jodi
Controller in US
Real Estate, 51–200 Employees

Dropbox is essential to our business

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Very satisfied with Dropbox. Couldn't do our business without it. We need to file share.

Pros:

The ease and simplistic nature of the software

Cons:

None, very satisfied with the overall product

Design, 2–10 Employees

An incrediblly useful tool

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: It's an incredibly useful tool that I rely on while working from home. I appreciate having all my documents readily available on my MacBook through Dropbox without the need to manually copy them over. It's a feature I truly enjoy.

Pros:

It is user friendly and really the speed is amazing!

Cons:

Nothing yet since i started using the product

Biotechnology, 2–10 Employees

Great app for backing-up important documents for business

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

I like the feature of the automatic syncing of documents across all locations where Dropbox is downloaded in our online filing system. I also like the offline-feature - accessing the documents when offline.

Cons:

It sometimes takes a few moments for the documents to sync across all locations.

Leah
Leah
Research Specialist and Program Manager in US
Education Management, 11–50 Employees

Just Okay Storage Software

4.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

I appreciate the collaboration and file sharing with chats, comments, etc. Since I created a free account, I have not delved too deep into learning everything about all the bells and whistles it provides.

Cons:

LIMITED STORAGE for a free account. I get it; you need to pay more to have more storage, but other software programs provide a lot more, from my experience. I wish there were a student or university-affiliated account since this software is very popular in academia.

Amy
Deal Administrator in Canada
Real Estate, 11–50 Employees

Dropbox is Great

Comments: Overall experience has been great. I've tried other programs in the past such as OneDrive and Google Drive and I haven't liked either as much as I like Dropbox.

Pros:

I love that when I sync it to my desktop it acts as though it's files on my computer. So I don't need to open and close the browser, I can just move files the same way I would if I was saving them on my computer. Love that it syncs with multiple computers as well so there's no wait time with email documents, we just put them into dropbox and everyone immediately has access.

Cons:

There's really not much I don't like about Dropbox. I would love to be able to create users and control what they have access to so that I could keep some folders private. Or another great features would be to have some folders password protected, that way I would be able to control who had the password and could access them.

Manager in Indonesia
Education Management, 2–10 Employees

Expensive, yet you need it

Comments: I like Dropbox for Business. It helps me a lot in:
- Sync files across device
- File sharing with my team
- Team work (for people who I require them to send me some file) , instead of sending hundreds of MB file via email (googleDrive), this Dropbox works better for me.
- with certain package, you have the option to only keep your file ONLINE. Very helpful for me, it saves my storage.

Pros:

1. It's flexible, you can have it online, or offline. 2. It's reliable. I've never experience system down. 3. It works well across platform. I use it on my mobile, tablet and laptop. All works well. I've been using this app more than 5 years.

Cons:

It's a bit expensive. The price you see now on their website is the new price. Before, they had the cheaper price. After several years using this service, they increased the price. However, they fairly added the features :) which is helpful. The downside is, you didn't have the options anymore to use the cheaper package with the less price.

Alicia
Director of Marketing in US
Education Management, 201–500 Employees

Best for High-Res Work

Comments: User-friendly and easy to manage files

Pros:

The pricing plans are reasonable and it allows me to keep high-res (large docs) organized for three major companies with an endless amount of brand assets. It is accessible anywhere with internet - allowing me to work from office, at home, or on-the go (plane, out-of-country-etc.).

Cons:

I have not come across any cons to their software as of yet. I have been using it for 2+ years without ever having to contact support or come across any glitches. I would not mind a promo code or discount on a pricing plan though lol.

Education Management, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Dropbox Business Review

Comments: My overall experience with Dropbox Business is great. The product is amazing for what it does and it is extremely easy to use even for beginners.

Pros:

The ability to sync files across multiple computer on any platform and the ability to edit files on the fly without having to download the file to the local drive.

Cons:

Syncing files can take quite a long time on a new computer that just had the desktop client installed.

Nikki
Founder in US
Photography, 2–10 Employees

Fast Syncing - Secure - Safe

Comments: As a photographer it did not work for me. I think it would be okay for a business that did not need to store a large volume of large files. I did use it for several months and during that time I was able to run my business with success, however I did not find any extra benefits from using Dropbox Business vs other cloud storage.

Pros:

I like the compatibility with other software that I've used for a long time, I like the security aspect, dropbox business allows two factor authentication, single sign on, remote device wipe ( I already had to use that once, so glad I had it ) Long term file recovery is great to have. Syncing files is fast across all devices, it's almost instant. Smart sync saves even more time. I like the ability to organize files and folders in a way that works for me.

Cons:

Large files can be slow on upload or download. I wish the storage space given for the price was larger. It would be nice to have built in editing tools.

Evans
Evans
Finance Manager in Zambia
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51–200 Employees

Dropbox Business Review

Comments: Dropbox business has given me the ability to securely store and share information instantly across various teams. It's ability to sync instantly across devices makes sharing of information easy and also provides a great back up solution.

Pros:

Its a powerful storage tool that allows you to securely store and share data across teams. It syncs across all devices and you can also create and share content with Dropbox Paper. Highly secure and very user friendly. Provides my back up solution to everything i'm working on.

Cons:

An increase in storage limit for free users would be great

Caitlyn
Editor-In-Chief in US
Entertainment, 2–10 Employees

Good place to organize and keep your files

Comments: My overall experience with Dropbox Business was alright. I like using Dropbox Office for some things that I do personally, so I decided to give Dropbox Business a go. For the most part, it did pretty well. It was really good about keeping all of my teams files in the same place, well organized, and accessible. However, there were some issues with the fact that the program, much like Dropbox Office, did not like to play nice with Apple products. So anyone on my team using an iPad, iPhone, or Mac computer were not always able to do the same things as someone on my team who was using an Android, Chrome, or Microsoft device. Also, if it happened to have a glitch while people were using the program , sometimes whatever file was in the course of being worked on would disappear never to return. This glitch usually manifested itself in the form of a notification saying, "You need internet to perform this function," even though the device was clearly connected to the internet. Other than that, I would still recommend anyone at least give Dropbox Business a go.

Pros:

It works really well if you are looking for a place to organize all of your files and securely back them all up in one place. Especially, if you are looking for a place to do this for yourself as an individual.

Cons:

The only issues I had with Dropbox office was the fact that it did not always play nice with Apple products, and sometimes would glitch and lose either an entire file or the contents of a file.

Rudolph
Rudolph
Managing Director in US
Real Estate, 2–10 Employees

Drop everything else and use DropBox for your Business!

Comments: Once I began growing my company Dropbox was essential. It allowed me to collaborate with my subordinates and I was able to easily upload documents for them to review and use for the customers we were working with. I can also send lending institutions links to the folder if I can't use the google share feature because of their firewall.

Pros:

The amount of space I got for free! Also, the file sharing, and document management. It is so convenient to be able to edit the dropbox folder right from my windows explorer. I have the dropbox folder on my quick access tollbar.

Cons:

I have had an issue with folder I made. For some reason it keeps saying I need administrator access to delete the file, but I am the administrator. It's not a huge deal but it is a little annoying because the folder is rather large and I can't delete it. It's taking up valuable space.

Josaphat
Josaphat
software engineer in Benin
Telecommunications, 2–10 Employees

Years later, Dropbox still makes my life easier, both at work and at home.

Comments: Dropbox for Business does not offer security settings for subfolders. Data loss prevention measures can be implemented, but as third parties are involved, implementing this sharing system may take longer. This is time that some companies may not have.These pros and cons of Dropbox for Business show that this sharing system is designed to be comprehensive, but only when the product includes third-party functionality. This can increase costs.

Pros:

Synchronization: Dropbox lets you effortlessly synchronize files once they've been uploaded to an account.A very user-friendly experienceThe ability to limit access to shared data

Cons:

This is an expensive solution for the average small business owner.Sometimes it can be difficult to find folders or files.

Wendy
Wendy
Accountant III / Business Intelligence Analyst in US
Higher Education, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Makes working at different locations easy

Pros:

Sometimes I work from home, sometimes I go into the office, sometimes I work off my laptop. Using Dropbox makes it so great not to have to worry about having the most recent version of files available. Years ago I had to e-mail myself the latest copies of spreadsheets when I knew I'd be working in a different location. The Smart Sync is a wonderful way to save disk space by customizing which files you want stored on your hard drive and which files you want stored only in the cloud. They've recently fixed an issue I was having with Windows search not being able to find the file names of files stored only in the cloud - now searching for file names of files stored in the cloud works with my Windows 10. I have been saved more than once by being able to go back to previous version of a file and restore it when unintentional changes had been made to a file. Being able to go back and restore deleted files has also been helpful. I love being able to access my files from any browser on any computer and on my mobile devices. Sharing files and folders is so easy by just giving the other person a link. At work, some teams that I am on use a shared folder to store files for the whole group to access.

Cons:

When I've had to contact customer service, sometimes I've felt like they didn't really understand my problem and provided solutions that didn't apply to my problem. Other times they've been great. Often I've been able to find information on their help section when I've had questions about a feature or problem, but not always.

Sara
Sara
Academic Advisor in US
Higher Education, 10,000+ Employees

Dropbox: Quality for Use!

Comments: Overall, this has been an absolutely fabulous product and software for us to use. We recommend it to campus partners, our students, and our new staff always love having access and training to use this!

Pros:

I think that this software was very ahead of its time when it came out. On campus unfortunately some of our students experience difficulty in saving onto university drives in areas such as our student union building, or in our libraries. Having access to a software like this allows them to safely store and save information, and doesn't clog up any home screens or memory on their own personal devices. The free trials have been excellent for our team to test out this product! I like that there are different plans that you can purchase based on how much you need to save, and there are additional cool features like sharing permissions, audits, and support options. Something that really stood out to me was the fact that you can get phone or chat support. Chat support is SO, SO ideal for our team to use since we are constantly on our computers and always on student phone calls, so being able to utilize chat while we are still able to do work is an incredible feature and a really big win for us! The storage space on the "Standard" plan is an insanely good deal for us and the amount of information we need to store. The remote wipe has also been an amazing security feature and helps with peace of mind. Knowing that you can use the features for the smart syncs and operate off of the admin dashboards has been really fun for us, we have loved doing group trainings to learn about these things and to also learn about the amount of apps you can connect to and utilize with this!

Cons:

I don't have anything that I didn't like! One of the best features that our students and team have discussed is that you can use the thirty day free trial truly for free; you don't need to provide a credit card which is a big plus for us; so many of our students don't want to enter in that kind of personal information and this is just such a fantastic option for them. Something that stands out about this product compared to competitors is that you can get billed yearly or monthly. This is a big plus to us as we can do mass purchases for our teams to store on for one yearly fee so we just have to allocate one purchase card order instead of doing them every month if we had utilized the monthly option.

Isaac
Accountant in Zimbabwe
Tobacco, 51–200 Employees

Dropbox Review by Isaac Fungura

Comments: At one time I travelled to Namibia, lost my laptop in transit, but since I had my files synced, I easily got my files and continued with my work 2000km away from home
I have managed to keep my important files like documents and pictures intact for more than 10 years
I often use Dropbox transfer to send files up to 100GB large with password protection for sensitive data to my colleagues who are not Dropbox users without giving away access to my original document.

Pros:

Keeps all data organised and can sync across all your devices - mobile and desktop Sync allows files to be accessible offline on the synced folder Allows collaboration of multiple users able to comment on files Dropbox paper allows writing documents, editing, brainstorming, reviewing and collaborating with anyone with the shared URL. Also allows user to create to do lists and due dates You can recover files that have been deleted so there is no risk of permanently losing data through an error Dropbox keeps track of all changes and versions and you can easily restore prior versions of the file in case you make a mistake. When collaborating with multiple users, Dropbox keeps an audit trail of who has edited a document Can create file requests - inviting someone to upload or tag you to their file

Cons:

Mobile version faces challenges when dealing with big files hence not as flexible as the desktop version Syncing folders from desktop may end up uploading unnecessary files as long as they are added to that folder Affected by internet speeds on downloads and uploads which frustrates the user especially on large files

Jeremy M.
Jeremy M.
Mortgage Broker in US
Financial Services, Self Employed

Leonard Mortgage & Dropbox Business

Comments: We might be switching from dropbox to either Egnyte or Tresorit. As more and more of these wonderful apps and software and programs come out, the more advanced they will become so i see this becoming an issue in the future for most companies.

Pros:

This is a love-hate type of relationship we have with Dropbox. On one end we love it because it can hold tons and tons of information but on the other end you can get lost within your own organization youcreate within dropbox. One feature you will love if you have a team and your team manages clients that submit documents such as a mortgage company, is how you can send the client a link to upload the documents. They just need to add a requesting feature so that the borrower can receive updated emails on what is still missing. That would be amazing.

Cons:

The complexity of the system and how it requires you on dropbox business to have a minimal three licenses you have to purchase. I was a team of one in the beginning and i still had to pay a ridiculous $75/month just to use it for myself.

Retail, Self Employed

Easy file management and cloud storage system

Comments: Dropbox has always been a reliable service for me and has saved me from accidental deletions of design files I've worked hours on. Mac sync app works well, though there have been times I've had to pause and restart sync to get files to download/upload. Sharing permissions have been helpful when working with others.

Pros:

Great file synchronization to the cloud. Smart Sync has been a game changer for freeing up hard drive space while still having access to files stored in the cloud. Reliable storage and file management. File sharing has been seamless. 180 days to recover files has been sufficient, even 30 days on the plus plan is great.

Cons:

The push to upgrade can be frustrating. Also the online interface could be updated, although I do mainly use the built in sync features on my Mac.

Peter
Software Project Manager in US
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Dropbox is the perfect solution to store all my files in a safe, secure and available way at all tim

Comments: Dropbox has become the best solution of the company to store information, regardless of its volume, since this system offers us an unlimited space, we can also share these files with colleagues and members of our team, modify them if necessary and update that data from the browser or any mobile device, which really reduces time and prevents complications such as unexpected transfers to the office
This platform offers a large number of applications that are very functional and interesting, as far as our work environment has been felt, since it has improved the performance and effectiveness of the activities in the company. Another aspect that has been very useful to us, is that we have reduced in large quantity the use of paper, boxes of files and the most important thing is that we have recovered physical space that we had previously occupied. .

Pros:

This system allows us to store large content files, which are able to synchronize to other computers in which we share important information with our work team, colleagues or users in the network. Its installation was very simple to make, since we only had to download an application and create an account. Dropbox gives us great security since all the files are totally encrypted in keys, the transmission of the data is done through the TLS and SSL protocols, which gives great security to our files. It also offers an application for phones, so we can create a local folder on the device that we choose, which can be synchronized with an online version and thus have all our files available even when offline. Through the Dropbox Business function we simplify the management of teams by being able to monitor all of our company's team. Another aspect that we liked very much is that this system is integrated into Site W, which allows us to create a website, store documents , images, videos, etc., we can also share files.

Cons:

I really think that Dropbox is a platform that is perfectly structured in all its aspects, whose properties are very functional, for all this it is the indispensable tool that every professional, entrepreneur or user in general.