15 years helping Irish businesses

About Peek Pro

Peek Pro is a world-class operating software for tour and activity operators looking to boost revenue and streamline operations.

Learn more about Peek Pro

Pros:

Peek Pro makes it very easy to keep all information organized and in one place. Everything from the automated emails and integrated waivers to the phone app make everything very simple.

Cons:

This is incredibly damaging to my company's reputation - and a serious waste of my staff's time as we have to get on the phone with Peek, again and again, to try and get these issues resolved.

Peek Pro ratings

4.6
4.7
4.5
4.6

8.6/10

Peek Pro has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 774 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Peek Pro before?

Sinto
Sinto
Travel Advisor in India

A wonderful Tour operator software

Comments: Peek is simple to use. They provide excellent customer support, which was very helpful when I was switching from my previous online booking provider.

Pros:

I'm from India , and we searched for a tour operator software that would accommodate our trips and allow for quick and simple payment. As you are aware, it can be challenging to create a dependable system for our clients in our area. It was difficult for us here. No customers are expressing a desire to go, particularly to  Wayanad.  We chose Peek Pro because it is dependable, allows us to change the details of our tours in real time, pays us once the tours are completed, is actively developing new features that we can use in our company, and—most importantly—is run by people.. Having a decent tool to advertise our firm is a relief as we are now moving toward having a greater ROI.

Cons:

Taxes are already included in the cost of our trips and rentals. But only put their fees in the "Taxes and Fees" section after that. I'm just being nitpicky when I say that I believe the checkout should be improved. The complexity of some of the screens varies, although not significantly.

Teresa
Teresa
Recreational Facilities & Services, 11–50 Employees

Peek Pro may do everything, but it will cost you valuable time with its complexity

Comments: I am constantly having to take training classes and ask for help with basic things such as adjusting when we are open for business. I am spending more time trying to learn how to operate it and adjust it that I am running the business. Their support staff is helpful, but that does not solve the incredible complexity of using the program, and I say this as someone who has easily mastered graphics art software and I run other entire websites.

Pros:

Peek Pro can do almost anything for rental and event bookings.

Cons:

Peek Pro is very complicated to set up and even more complicated for the tour or rental operator to use. Nothing is simple on the backend, only for the customer.

3 months ago

Hi Teresa, your feedback is very important to us. It is great to hear that our helpdesk and support team provided the resources that you were looking for. We are sorry to hear found Peek's functionality too complex, we'd be happy to hop on a call if you're still using Peek for your business. If not, we wish you all the best. We'd be happy to work with you and your business in the future.

Rachael
Recreational Facilities & Services, 11–50 Employees

Falls Short of Promises

Comments: We really wanted to love Peek, and spent a lot of time vetting the software before deciding. Lot's of promices were made as to its functionality, yet failed to deliver on them. It's a good system for a beginner or simple items, but if you want a flawless functionality that is robust and will take your business to the next level, then this is not the system for you. When you discover that the system can't do certain items they put in a feature request to happen sometime in the future. When you call customer support to ask for help and you discover it's a 10 step process to do something simple and you express your displeasure they just say "I'm so sorry the software is difficult for you to understand" Really? I've worked with and have built several different systems in my lifetime, and simple changes shouldn't be that difficult!

Pros:

We moved to Peek after rigorous discussions with the company. The one thing it does over other softwares is the ability to book multiple pieces of equipment at the same time. We also like the calendar and manifest.

Cons:

The software is inefficient and hard to manipulate based on needs, not to mention a lot more expensive then other softwares in this league. - Waiver Function is terrible. Can't search for waivers signed. Waivers have glitches and can get corrupted or just disapear. Support can't help find them either. - Can't apply discount to just certain items, it discounts the entire reservation. So if you discount a large group, then have to charge damages, the damages are then discounted. Also you can't override taxes & credit card fees. - Can't refund to store credit if guest drops a piece of equipment. You have to create a custom code per customer then email it to them. - Automatice Email & Text Message System is terrible! Can't customize text messages, so you have to send them to each guest individually. - System doesn't offer a waitlist feature. - They recommend using an ipad with their app so guests can sign waivers. However the app is the bare minimum so you constantly have to switch betwen the app and their web url in order to check in guests. Guests have to be given a booking ID at checkin to be able to sign and scan a QR Code. Using the URL on an iPad, you can't see the amount charged or amount owed as that section is cut off. It's very inefficient to have to use 3 different devises. A tablet for the app and URL, then a desktop to see the charges on the side of the screen. - Dynamic pricing and changing rates is combersome. Especially if you offer weekday, holiday, and weekend rates during different seasons.

Martin
Chief Marketing Officer in US
Hospitality, 51–200 Employees

We Love Peek Pro!

Pros:

Peek Pro offers seemless integrated booking with Wordpress making is as easy as possible for our users to book trips via our website. Their team is also fantastic. Our account manager Josmary was an invaluable resouce to making our trips book more and become more profitable.

Cons:

There's not much to say here. We're overal very happy with their product!

3 months ago

Hi Martin, we're delighted to hear that you're finding Peek Pro useful, and it's fantastic to see that you're making the most out of our features. Josmary also enjoys working with you and your team!

Marissa
Owner operator in US
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, Self Employed

Easy to use for businesses and customers

Comments: I’m very pleased with the Peek Pro scheduler and think it’s a great addition to our business. [sensitive content hidden] were very helpful and answered any questions that came about.

Pros:

I like the variety of booking flows that peek allows us to customize.

Cons:

I think editing the activity schedule can get a little confusing at first.

Entertainment, Self Employed

A truly turn-key product!

Pros:

The Peek Pro integration team is outstanding. They set up everything based on our needs and make changes as requested.

Cons:

No cons at this time, this is our second business integration of the Peek Pro platform.

Mario
Sporting Goods, 11–50 Employees

Switching from FareHarbor was Easy!

Comments: Great experience and we look forward to working with Peek now and into the future.

Pros:

Them attention to detail by the Peek Pro team was impressive. Every business is different, and for us it was all about rentals. Peek's team took the time to understand our business and gave us plenty of opportunities to provide feedback along the way of our transition from FareHarbor to Peek.

Cons:

Every business struggles with major transitions. For Peek that showed up in the login process, where their "old" Peek PRO 6 interface can easily be confused for their "new" Peek PRO 7 interface. They should continue to work on cleaning this up, as issues arise from confusing the two. I'm sure they will.

Lilia
Founder in Mexico
Events Services, Self Employed

Excited to use Peek!

Pros:

I just setup my business with Peek, and the onboarding supper I received from [sensitive content hidden] has been exceptional! Very grateful to work with a responsive company and excited to see how this platform helps us with our booking operations!

Cons:

I put in a bunch of feature requests w/ [sensitive content hidden] that I'd love to have reviewed!

3 months ago

Hi Lilia, glad to hear you're pleased with the onboarding received from our account manager. We are delighted to work with you as well.

Casey
Owner and Operator in US

Peek Pro for a Treck and Hikeing company

Pros:

It was incredibly easy to use program with an awesome onboarding team. we where up and running in 2 weeks!! This software saves takes the headache out of scheduling. From a built in texting, emailing, and payment processing.

Cons:

As with any software that is mostly pre packaged the amount of customization can feel limiting, but in the end was way more robust than I first expected.

Leo
Founder in US
Retail, 2–10 Employees

Simple Bicycle rental platform

Comments: Peek Pro basically set it up behind sense. Not much for me to till the onboarding and learning part. Everything was expanded and understandable. Our onboarding person kept on us during the two week process to double check and triple check that we were comfortable this it all.

Pros:

Simplicity, designed with our exact needs.

Cons:

There is not much to not like. Maybe not have a direct account manager, but it hasn't been a big issue.

Rebecca
Hospitality, 2–10 Employees

Run run run they are car salesmen

Comments: I wish I could give them a zero. I used FareHarbor and was completely happy. Peek/PeekPro sold me because they said they had a partnership with Viator and I would no longer pay any commissions on those bookings. LIE
They also said they tracked cart abandonment and I would have access to the data. LIE
They said they had the fastest payment processing. Hilarious LIE. FareHarbor take about 3-4 days. PeekPro took 8-9 minimum.
They said all of their vendors automatically get listed on Musement. LIE
They said that the customers would not be redirected to another website but instead get a pop up for booking. LIE
They way they control bookings is by start time to end time so it makes it impossible to only close off certain bookings times without closing off others if there is any kind of overlap on times.
The app is complete trash. You have an option on there called activities that is completely useless. Nothing syncs to it. You can not create bookings from the app. You can not cancel bookings from the app. All you can do is check in and mark as returned. It’s utterly ridiculous an useless.
Do not get sold on the lies, PEEKPRO is trash. They charge $299 when FareHarbor does not charge anything. PeekPro has to sell you on lies because they are a subpar product.

Pros:

I used FareHarbor for years and was sold a bunch of lies. There was not a single redeeming feature on PeekPro.

Cons:

Inability to quickly change booking times and the inability to create any bookings on the app. The app is a joke.

Nancy Hadeed
Manager in British Virgin Islands
Hospitality, 11–50 Employees

Very Helpful

Comments: As mentioned I have been looking for a sotware that will assist us in selling our product as well as an internal reservations system. This has worked for both. Loving it!!

Pros:

I have been looking for a booking software for the company that I work for for years. I have used a few but after a year I discontinued using it because they never met the needs of the business. Peek Pro is amazing. It is so easy to use and set up. I enjoy navigating through the process of booking tours as well as the back of house setting up tours. I can't wait to utilise it in its full capacity.

Cons:

There has been a few glitches. In the beginning it kept saying that all tours were booked. I had a few people call me asking me if we have availability, because when they book online it says full. We rectified it. I still have some problems setting up new tour times and when I went to the support team I never got an answer back.

5 years ago

Hi Nancy! It's great to hear that you're loving the software. We're glad that it's been able to help with both your reservation system and sales. Thanks for the feedback about the Support team - we'll be sure to pass it along!

Natasha
Director in Canada
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 2–10 Employees

Good so far

Comments: So far everything has been easy, great support and we are getting all the bugs figured out.

Pros:

Loved the setup help, love the simplicity, easy for customers and my staff

Cons:

It would be great if there was an option for weekly series and multi day tours. Having to scroll through to find the activity vs. being able to search is annoying.

Elyse
Owner/Operator in US
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2–10 Employees

Ability to interact with reservations/ reservation information is too limited

Comments: Super helpful staff. Incredible onboarding process. Constantly checking in on us. However, issues like not being able to simply interact with individual customers after a booking is made or easily see the waivers associated with each participant on a trip have twice been passed off as complicated for larger tour operators. I have a mocked-up screenshot of what this could look like if anyone is interested. I think it would be a helpful addition to your manifest for large and small tours, would make looking at and managing your bookings easier on both operator and customer. It looks like this: In manifest, when you click details, you see the main contact for a trip then Adult #1 Adult #2 and so on and so forth. Under each Adult# you would see an email (the email entered by the main contact when they forwarded waivers). Under that you would see a checkbox for each of the waivers that have been submitted by that individual (you should also be able to click these so you can see the waiver associated with that person) under that the "send email drop down menu" would show. So at a glance you could see what is not signed and then just scroll down and select the "waiver reminder" email and click send for each person who has not signed.

Pros:

I like how easy it is to learn how to set up a calendar or product or activity. I like the all-inclusive feel of the check-out. I like the ability to customize emails, have waivers signed in the program itself and all the customer information tracked by booking.

Cons:

In the last few weeks of trying to get our business going (and during these times everything is very up in the air) I have been particularly frustrated with the ability to interact with bookings and information in bookings once they are made. Example one: once a booking is made, if I want to send an email to someone that is not a stock email, I can't do that from Peek. Now we have two communication threads. One in Peek and one in my business email. Which would be fine if I could somehow link the two but I can't Example two: This is a bigger issue for me because it makes following through with steps after booking the responsibility of the customer/ main contact only. For me this is creating an extra step. Once the main contact gives me the names of other folks they are booking, I want to be able to send reminder emails directly to those folks. So Peek is collecting their emails when the main contact sends an "invitation to waiver" email, but not storing them in a way where I can interact with them. If 4 of 10 people have not signed their waivers, I have to ping the main contact (I would probably send them a personal email because I cant clarify WHO hasn't signed in Peek) and then get them to remind others. It makes much more sense to be able to have the software retain the emails as they are forwarding waivers to others and then tour operators can click a dropdown below each persons name to send them reminder emails. We should also be able to see what is outstanding for each

Logan
Box Office Manager in US
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 11–50 Employees

Great system for managing online reservations for tour companies!

Comments: Online reservations are critical to tour operators and PEEK provides a convenient hub for managing these online reservations, as well as integrating some other third party products (such as Groupon) to integrate into their booking system. Case in point: we are now able to have guests use their groupon vouchers to book through PEEK whereas before all of these had to be called in to our office personnel. This reduces the workload on the office and allows them to spend more time helping customers book who are unable/unfamiliar with online booking, as well as be more social and inviting to guests at check in since there are less calls and thus less immediate need to answer them. Additionally this form of booking reduces errors such as misheard voucher codes or dates.
It is also very helpful in the management of availability for tours and controlling overall booking capacity and availability on the fly.

Pros:

Ease of use is definitely the top feature. Our previous system was much less intuitive and required more work to do things like move reservations, charge guests (or refund them) or even just generally managing the available tours on a given day. Plus the layout is easy to understand and features visual distinctions (such as color) for different individual tours that help make them easily distinguishable and reduce confusion.

Cons:

We have been told several times that guests did not receive confirmation emails. We are not sure why this occurs, and it does not occur consistently so we cannot reliably figure out WHY. We have the system set to automatically send emails so this can be somewhat annoying, but in these cases we can easily send new confirmations or just simply verbally confirm. Additionally, guests often report they have trouble downloading the peek app, but since by the time they arrive we already have their reservation this is not a critical problem. In any case, reservations seem to always be efficiently sent to OUR inbox so that even if a guest has not received theirs, we can easily find them.

Kyle
US

Best tour/activity software around

Comments: We have been using PeekPro for around 2.5 years now and it has been a fantastic experience. I can't say enough good things about the team and software. There is a lot of competition out there now and to me what really sets Peek apart is the user experience -- Both on the back office side and customer facing side. We need software that is powerful with tons of features but also relatively easy to learn and use. You could have a back office staffer up and running with relative ease, which cuts down on your training time and gets them up to speed quickly. As far as features go, it's extremely robust and they're constantly releasing new features that help us streamline our operation. I've tried everything out there and for me without a doubt Peek is the winner, it's the most well-rounded platform with the best UI/UX and the team behind it. Look no further!

Pros:

- User experience - Easy of use - Advanced pricing features - Inventory management - Promo codes - Channel management & marketing - Customizable and advanced booking flow - Conversion tracking features

Cons:

They're continually improving the software so naturally there are things that are constantly being fixed, improved and updated which you should expect from any software. That being said, there are no *real* cons to speak of. Any cons I might have had in the past they have fixed and/or they've added those features.

6 years ago

Hi Kyle, Thank you for your review! It's always awesome to hear your feedback so we can improve our software for you and the rest of our Partners. We definitely pride ourselves on our future-proof software, and it's great to see you notice that.

Aiden
Partner in US
Entertainment, 11–50 Employees

Excellent Company & Software!

Comments: I can't say enough good things about the people @ PeekPro, our partnership manager, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], is basically an extension of our internal team. Everyone that we have worked with from initial deployment to operations has been a joy to deal with.

Pros:

The software and app are extremely easy to use and provide all the features needed under one software for us to run our business. From booking, to waivers, to payments/on-site POS and review management all is run from within this single offering. We even faced a couple of automated resource management setup challenges during deployment, PeekPro worked with us to find a unique configuration that would work and setup a call with the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] so they could understand what changes in the future would help.

Cons:

PeekPro are always releasing new features and additions, they listen to feedback we have yet to find anything that has hindered our operations.

Michael P
US
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 11–50 Employees

Couldn't imagine my business without it.

Pros:

We were with several of Peek's competitors but were always looking for a better fit. We have been with Peek now for several years and we aren't on the look out any more. We started with them shortly after they launched, and there were some growing pains at first but in retrospect, it is really stunning how much they have grown and how often they roll out new features and functionality. I have found through the years that if I have a need for the software to do something completely new, all it takes is for us to mention it to the Peek team, and fairly quickly our issues are addressed, and a solution is implemented. I have never worked with another team that is so responsive to customer suggestions. Peek is invaluable to our everyday operations and is so integral to our growth and my sanity that I could not imagine working without them.

Cons:

My only complaint is that there are so many new features rolling out that sometimes I cannot keep up. However, I am aware that the issue may have more to do with my own issues and not be a reflection of Peek at all.

Brad

Excellent Customer Focus

Comments: After volunteering for a well-known college senior business class project, the primary focus for business improvement was the need for a web-based reservation system that was customer friendly. Peek worked with me to make the customer experience with the reservation process as user friendly as possible. I have since received many unsolicited comments praising my website and reservation system. Mission accomplished!

Pros:

I've looked at other tour operator software and tried a couple for a short while. What impresses me about Peek is that they strive to give you exactly what you need to operate your business. I've watched them over the past couple of years as they continue to add services and capabilities as customers request them. The others pretty much tell you it's their way or the highway - take it or leave it. So I left them!

Cons:

I had to think about that one for a minute. I guess I would say that their smart phone apps could be better. They don't have a lot of the same functionality as the website has.

Jessamyn
Director of Internal Operations in US
Museums & Institutions, 11–50 Employees

User Friendly

Comments: Overall, the company is easy to work with and the software too!

Pros:

Peek is really easy for the user and our guests. The back-end took us a little bit of time, but honestly not much. And the guest experience is very simple!

Cons:

I wish it had a couple of more customizable options - like discounts for specific tours instead of one overall discount code.

3 years ago

Hi Jessamyn - Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review and share your experience. We've enjoyed working with the Joliet Area Historical Museum over the years and hope to continue working together for years to come. Peek Pro was designed with both the interests of users and guests in mind to ensure a smooth experience for both parties. Our team values your feedback and will definitely consider it moving forward. Please don't hesitate to contact our team if you ever have any questions in the future!

Chavonda
Real Estate Broker in US
Entertainment, 2–10 Employees

peek pro booking sofware

Comments: I did not like this software at all it was a terrible experience for me the overall make of the software was not for an Escape room and to be honest I don't know what company would be able to use this software.

Pros:

The only thing I liked about this booking system was the ability for them to stop bad reviews from being posted to your company

Cons:

This software was not for Escape rooms the ease of use was terrible the overall build was crazy especially the name of the topics. the setup was layed out crazy no one could really understand it it would also take up too much time trying to figure it out. the developer of this software needs to consult with others and redo the entire software. Not software to use with escape rooms. It was set up like you were looking for a flight or something with an airplane going around in cirlce while you're booking an appointment for a customer

5 years ago

Hi Chavonda, thanks for your review. We really value your feedback as we are continually trying to improve and tailor our software to meet the needs of our partners. Please let us know how we can best support you and your team as you continue to use the platform. We're here to help!

Anthony

Great Customer Service and Easy User Interface

Pros:

I love how easy the user interface is to operate and I love the availability of customer support. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was incredibly helpful in solving a persisting issue that my business has had. Overall very happy with the software.

Cons:

The widget flows can be difficult at times, but [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was extremely helpful in mitigating my issues.

Carl
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2–10 Employees

This software makes life easier and converts more sales.

Comments: I can run my business sales more automated and spend much less time on the phone. This software brings my business up to date and into the mobile and electronic marketplace.

Pros:

I like that I can run and even configure the software from my phone in the field. I like that I can receive text confirmations and even confirm or decline reservation requests with a quick text code reply.

Cons:

Scheduling time off for a resource or guide is tedious. I need to either cancel an entire chunk that I scheduled (I usually schedule a month or more blocks) OR I need to go into each activity one at a time and remove the resource or guide for every day and every activity that the guide or resource is not available. It would be MUCH easier and faster if I could just enter a date range to make a resource or guide unavailable and would take a few minutes rather than a half hour or more to schedule a vacation or illness for guide. I have made this feature request many times as I'm sure others have but obviously must be very challenging feature to add.

Carrie
CEO in US

Business Changing Software

Comments: There are many times in business when you know you made the right choice and never have I felt that more often than with Peek Pro. We made the change from Zerve at about 4 years in business and roughly 2 years on Zerve, approximately 4 months prior to their mass-exit from the industry. We narrowed between many of the top tour ticketing software options and finally picked the winner...Peek Pro. There were a number of major qualifiers for this, including ease-of-use for admin, guides and guests, integration, cost, reporting, promotions and a big one, development. With the exception of a few items that many of the systems, including Peek Pro, hadn't fully fleshed out, they hit high marks with more than enough and a big one was development. We love seeing that items on our list are being ticked off monthly rather than waiting years. Customer support through the website tends to be quick and the FAQs are super helpful. Generally we can find most of what we need and have had very few glitches, more often than not they are tied to a wholesale or other integration, not specifically Peek Pro. Highly recommend!

Pros:

Ease of use, active development, cost, support, reporting, promo options

Cons:

A few things are sent out prior to really solid beta where things are removed that were there previously, but they are added to development for improvements to come through soon

Joe

Easy To Use for Operators and Clients

Comments: I really love so many things about the software. I love how easy it is to make a reservation, to check rosters, financial reports, invoicing, automated email follow ups, etc.

Pros:

The system is simple to use and easy to learn. When necessary, customer support has been excellent.

Cons:

I don't really have anything to complain about.

3 years ago

Joe, we can't thank you enough for this review. Your review is much appreciated! We do our best to keep our partners satisfied through routine check-ins and communication. Please feel free to reach out if you have any more questions about Peek Pro.