15 years helping Irish businesses

About Lever

Grow your people pipeline, build authentic and long-lasting relationships, and source and hire the right people with LeverTRM.

Learn more about Lever

Pros:

It is extremely easy to use, and the customer support team is great.

Cons:

Sometimes I get a little stuck and won't be able to find a person, or permissions don't seem equal across the board.

Lever ratings

4.6
4.6
4.3
4.4

8.6/10

Lever has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 629 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Lever before?

Irma
Irma
Talent Acquisitions in US
Museums & Institutions, 51–200 Employees

The Lever Team has created an efficient & user friendly ATS!

5.0 last month New

Comments: Great customer service. Great support! We were lucky with our implementation specialist, Tom Marino!

Pros:

The ease of reviewing resumes, rating applicants, communication with applicants and internal team members, and the reminders on pending tasks.

Cons:

Scheduling panel interviews. It is somewhat of a challenge in the sense that holding time on panelist calendars before actually scheduling the interview and candidates can be streamlined a little bit further.

Alex
Talent Acquisition Manager in Canada
Computer Software, 501–1,000 Employees

Lever for the Win!

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Overall switching to Lever has made our TA Team more efficient and we couldn't be happier!

Pros:

Lever is a fantastic ATS and very easy to use. We love use automations to automate some of our manual tasks, it's very easy to set up interviews with Lever's interface. The many integrations help speed up our onboarding process as well! Implementation was a breeze, [sensitive content hidden] was a great implementation manager and was working along side me the whole way.

Cons:

Lever has a feature to book phone screens which is convenient but doesn't let you add buffer time between calls. I'm hoping they add this feature in a recent update.

Alexander
Lever Admin and Lead Recruiter in US

Clean Functionality, but Major Flaws

Pros:

Lever has made a great many clever, intelligent design choices. For example, color coding makes for a clean UI with clear calls to action, so that when a candidate needs to be scheduled for an interview, a big blue "schedule" button appears next to their name.

Cons:

Our company recently made a terrible discovery about some secret Lever functionality. It turns out that some our top executives have been somehow put on a secret "Suppressions List" which caused all of the messages being sent to them within Lever to be blocked. Many of these messages were time sensitive and mission critical. As a result of this "secret suppression", several top candidates bottlenecked at key points in the hiring process. After not receiving a response, many of them dropped out and extremely valuable talent was lost. So instead of accelerating our recruiting process, this suppression list functionality damaged our process. And the WORST part of all this is that Lever never once informed us about any of this. We discovered it ourselves. No one in our company was notified when our executives were added to this censor list No one in our company was ever informed that this could EVER happen No documentation or info was ever provided to us about this kind of "Suppressions List" functionality We still do not know how this Suppressions List is tracked or maintained This Suppressions List functionality is not covered in any of the Lever on boarding training with new clients This Suppressions List is not described anywhere in the Lever HELP documentation This Suppressions List is not accessible to our Lever Admins Why would any legitimate ATS company build such terrible gestapo like censorship into the bones of their product? We are still scratching our heads on this question, while we try to undo the damage that was caused

Paige
Paige
Talent Systems Specialist in US
Facilities Services, 201–500 Employees

A Game-Changer for Hiring!

Comments: Using Lever has been transformative for our team. It's not just a tool, but a comprehensive solution that has revolutionized our hiring process. From the moment we started using it, we saw a significant improvement in our efficiency. The features are easy to use and cover all of our needs, even addressing needs we didn't know we had! While there's always room for improvement, Lever has truly exceeded our expectations and made a positive impact on our talent team's day-to-day operations.

Pros:

Lever has been a game-changer for us! It’s like a one-stop-shop for all our hiring needs. From job descriptions to candidate data, everything is just a click away. And the best part? It’s got features we didn’t even know we needed until we had them!

Cons:

Well, no system is perfect. If I had to pick, I’d say Lever could do a bit more when it comes to user access customization. It would be super helpful if we could create access profiles for different teams. But who knows, maybe that’s in the cards for a future update!

Ian
Talent Operations Manager in US
Internet, 51–200 Employees

Implementation was too easy!

Comments: Tom was our implementation specialist and he was awesome to work with, made every step of the way extremely easy and we wrapped this up very quick.

Pros:

I have been using Lever for years and I wanted my new company to start using it instead of Greenhouse. The functionality is easier to use and it makes the day to day flow effortlessly with our TA team.

Cons:

There are some features it is lacking that I hope they release very soon, it would make our lives a lot easier

Wendy
Director of Talent Acquisition in US
Hospital & Health Care, 51–200 Employees

Finally.... an ATS built for the active sourcing recruiter!

Comments: Amazing!
Friendly and knowledgeable support team. Great product. They really get it!

Pros:

I always said I would build the perfect ATS someday as every system seems to be lacking something. Then I found Lever - it's like they read my mind every step of the way! What do I like? Ease of use - built from the perspective of a recruiter Fantastic implementation support (Mary is AMAZING and she knows her stuff!!!) Excellent and prompt customer service/support

Cons:

Nothing When I have felt something was missing, I submitted to request and was either shown how to do it or was told it is currently being worked on. very progressive and growing system.

Trisha
National Talent Lead in US
Environmental Services, 11–50 Employees

Lever Review

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

User-friendly and very cost-efficient, good visual insights.

Cons:

Only con is some of the user access settings.

Talent Lead in UK
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 51–200 Employees

Super Smooth Lever Implementation

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

[sensitive content hidden] provided THE BEST implementation experience. Migrating over to Lever came at a time when there was not a lot of time to devote to implementation projects, but he made the work feel managable, possible, and always a team effort. The layout of the implementation was always concise and clear, with all questions always answered with confidence and context. He was also always a joy to speak to and I always looked forward to the meetings. I couldn't recommend him enough.

Cons:

If I had to nit pick, it would be the inability to customize interview buckets for each role.

Michela
Senior Talent Partner in UK
Information Technology & Services, 201–500 Employees

Lever is a great ATS - functional and great value for money

4.0 last month New

Comments: [sensitive content hidden] was an amazing implementation specialist and project manager, he made sure that everything was smooth and answered all of my questions. It's been a really positive and enjoyable experience.

Pros:

I like Lever's scheduling tool the most. I also like the home page interviews, approval requests and feedback dashboards.

Cons:

I wish that we could buffer time slots between calls and limit how many calls can be scheduled in the easy-book link per day.

HR Generalist in US

Complex ATS with many features

4.0 2 months ago New

Comments: I think if you have the budget for a dedicated ATS and can effectively train all users on the platform and its many features, you'll find that this platform worth the extreme cost, which is about equivalent to a full, smaller HRIS.

Pros:

Lever has many great features that make applicant tracking, interviewing, etc. much easy and more automated than some competitors. It is extremely robust and offers quite a bit as a dedicated ATS. They are one of the biggest in the ATS space for a reason.

Cons:

The cost is extremely high for a small business and if you aren't using all of the features, the ROI is not as high as it should be. The UI is overly complex and hard to navigate and use for the average user. Managers often commented on the struggle to engage fully with the platform.

Aaron
Principal Talent Acquisition Consultant in Canada
Retail, 501–1,000 Employees

Game-changing ATS for either Agency or Corporate Recruitment

Comments: I've been using Lever for nearly 11 months at two different companies - initially as a super-user, and most recently had the pleasure of implementing it from scratch at the latest organization I'm consulting to. While the full version of the software mostly works while browsing using tablets, support has indicated that they only support Windows or Mac platforms. I have used most features at ease on iOS on an iPad Pro 10", and 12.9" - but certain key features fail, and responsiveness lags despite it being about 80% workable. The sales process was consistently professional and personable. At no point did I ever feel pressure from anyone in the sales organization to make a quick decision on the product as it suited their month or quarter end targets - which spoke to their interest in securing long-term clients. The thoroughness in the implementation process, train-the-trainer, and direct support in hiring manager training further assisted greatly in increasing user adoption. This wasn't just a one-off sale for them, but a long-term partnership - and am grateful to have been able to work with such a superb ATS software vendor from the selection process through post-implementation. I have and will continue to recommend them unreservedly in the future.

Pros:

Intuitive workflows whether an expert or notice on the system. User adoption is high due to terrific UI/UX. Responsive technical support. Implementation leads that really care about the success of the implementation. Feature development and road-mapping that is responsive to end-users.

Cons:

Lack of calendar synchronization and room availability support for enterprise users not fully on G-Suite or Office 365. Lack of SMS integration. Lack of consistent bug resolution follow-through. Lack of full support for non-desktop/laptop browsers, ie: Chrome on iOS on a 10" or 12.9" iPad Pro.

Talent Acquisition Manager in US
Computer Software, 201–500 Employees

Lever is such a user-friendly tool and a huge improvement for us!

Comments: We weren't able to successfully build a robust database previously. Lever allows you to do that in an organized way. Also, the metrics/reporting capabilities even within the enhanced package is far superior to those I've used previously.

Pros:

I love the UI/UX of Lever. It's super user-friendly and easy to figure out overall. Lots of capabilities we didn't have before. Compared to the solutions I've used before (JazzHR and BreezyHR for smaller businesses), it's like night and day. SO much better.

Cons:

There are some features that are missing/need to be improved. They aren't dealbreakers, though. For instance, you can't manually update job posting dates. Also, the site doesn't have many partnerships with free job boards allowing you to automatically push out postings to them. It's integrated with LinkedIn and has a recent integration with Indeed as well, but that's it. If you want postings on other job boards, you have to manually do it, which is a decent amount of work.

Ryan
Head of Talent in US
Financial Services, 11–50 Employees

Lever is a Great ATS for Any Start-up!

Comments: Over the last 9 years I've used Lever, Greenhouse, Workable, Taleo, Breezy, and Jobvite. Lever is hands-down my number 1 pick for its ease of use, its user interface, countless integrations, and efficient workflow. Lever has also been improving their reporting and analytics making their software a perfect fit for any start-up from a 10 person pre-series A to a 400 person series D/E company.

Pros:

Lever was easy to implement (I had it up and running in less than 24 hours), the career page can be integrated with your current website quickly, the scorecards are fully customizable, and the ATS does a nice job at tracking candidates throughout the process.

Cons:

At the moment, a user cannot edit the interview stages without submitting a ticket to Lever. I hope they change this in the near future.

Maggie
HR & Talent Manager in US
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Easy to use, but robust ATS!

Pros:

I love the clean user interface in Lever and how easy it is to learn how to use. I love all the the (seemingly) simple features that make a huge difference in the candidate experience (ie. easy scheduling, email templates, delayed email feature, offer letter integration, interview feedback reminders, etc). The support team is extremely helpful and responds quickly. The launchpad site with hundreds of posts on how to use the features is invaluable.

Cons:

The only thing I would like is Lever to have more free job board integrations (ie. automatically posts to various job boards without me having to pay for separate posts)

Payton
Payton
Talent Acquisition Specialist in US
Construction, 201–500 Employees

New to Lever

Comments: The communication and support while considering to go with Lever and again when implementing, was phenomenal.

Pros:

My favorite aspect about Lever is being able to send candidates profiles and notes to one of our hiring managers and it goes straight to their email. The hiring manager can respond to the note without even having to log into lever. I also love the ease of setting interviews and calendar invites in one, simple step.

Cons:

I wish we had known about more Lever features before we were assigned to the basic package because if the quoted pricing included items such as DocuSign and the Preferred Support were included, we would most likely have those.

Cristina
Talent Acquisition Lead in Romania

Intuitive and on-point

Pros:

- Intuitive and easy to use by all stakeholders - Wide array of integrations and smart in-built features - Exceptional implementation & support team - really know how to translate an org's needs into features that can be leveraged(thank you, [SENSITIVE CONTENT]!) - For recruitment teams whose work is heavily dependent on sourcing, the Lever Chrome extension is gold! - A true collaborative platform

Cons:

- Access names are a bit confusing, but it does help to clarify them to stakeholders from the start - Would love a more granular approach to location, since LinkedIn doesn't recognize a : "<Country>, Remote" format

James
Director of Talent Acquisition

RLL = Recruiters Love Lever

Pros:

Lever is a very intuitive product, and takes the recruiting efforts of any organization to the next level. The interface is extremely user friendly, and helps streamline candidate experience. Their Customer Success team is amazing, and they are always willing to go above and beyond for their clients. I first came across Lever when I was leading recruiting efforts at a startup called Bluecore. I was all but settled on selecting Greenhouse as our ATS, not because I thought it was better than Lever, but simply because Greenhouse was the ATS that I heard the most buzz about. Before pulling the trigger, though, I decided it would be a good idea to see what else was out there, and at least take a look at another option or two. I reached out to my Recruiter network, and my buddy at Foursquare mentioned to me that they were using Lever, and that he really liked it. I set up a demo, and the rest is history. Lever knocked the demo out of the park, and I have had an amazing relationship with the company since. When I eventually left Bluecore to become the Director of Talent at Docurated, I made sure during the interview process that I would be able to bring Lever with me. The product is continuously improving, and I look forward to being a part of the ride.

Cons:

I don't really have anything negative to say about Lever, as I am a big proponent of all of it's functionalities. If I had to pick something, I would suggest that Lever start working with more job posting sites to enhance it's capabilities on the frontend. Blasting out job postings to Indeed and other top job sites, besides for just Glassdoor and LinkedIn (I think you can only do this if you purchase job posting slots from these sites), would be awesome. Right now I am using Built In NYC in additional to Lever to ensure I get the most bang for my buck in regards to driving inbound candidate flow.

Mike
VP of Engineering in US
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Smooth, easy, and frustration free

Comments: I used Lever for years at RedOwl (but was not involved in the implementation) and implemented it here at Cybrary. It has had an immediate positive impact. I have recommended it to friends in the past from a user's perspective and now that I've gone through deploying/implementing it, I only feel that much stronger and more positive about your product and recommending it.

Pros:

Having the implementation plan and scheduled checkins with cust support has helped a lot in getting me to focus on the right things at the right time. Lever does a great job at striking the balance between "highly configurable" and ready to use out of the box: most of what we need is pre-configured properly (making deployment easy) and the fact that most things are configurable/customizable is great (making it easier to tweak those things where we need to deviate from "norm"). Cust support rep was great and answered many questions that went beyond Lever features/functions/configurations. I enjoyed working with him and he was very helpful -- as the VP of Engineering, "HR" isn't exactly my wheelhouse. He took into account our specific needs and suggested best practices that took into account other considerations (e.g. legal).

Cons:

As you are aware, it would be great if EasyBook was more of a global feature. It would be great if a coworker could use the links and email templates I configured. Also I wish schedules could be modified by the people being scheduled rather than just by the owner of the link. Finally, consider treating "Tentative" or "Maybe" as Accepted/Busy on calendars (or making that more configurable); there have been a couple of race conditions on scheduling phone screens: Developer is invited to a planning meeting but has not yet accepted and then gets booked for a conflicting phone screen. Archive reasons should have long descriptions/reminder text/instructions in the app. For example, we "stole" Lever's "Wrong Motivations" archive reason but I'm sure that folks are not clear on what that means and when to use it. It would be great to have reminders/instructions in-app to help folks pick the best one.

Candice
Recruitment Business Partner in New Zealand
Computer Software, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Mostly good

Comments: This is a pro and a con - When processing a candidate for a role, it's good to be able to have visibility of what stages they're at with other roles they've applied to. But then it becomes a bit annoying when trying to process them for one role, but having to either decline or progress them for any other roles they've applied for, even if they aren't your roles.

Pros:

- I like the way Lever processes candidates (pipeline). It's straightforward to use. - Great visibility of candidate notes. - It's fast at updating across the system, good synchronisation. - I like the way the feedback works between Outlook/hiring managers email. - New interview feature to show if hiring managers have accepted their interview invitations. - We like that it integrates with DocuSign and Outlook, and the chrome extension for LinkedIn. - It's cloud-based so we can log in from anywhere. - Evan is awesome

Cons:

- We can't use bullet points in Offer forms because they don't format correctly in the final contract. - Formatting of job description (can't do bullet points) - It's challenging for hiring managers to find the 'approve' button when offer approval emails come through (it's at the bottom of the email and then it's not clear when they open the candidate's profile. - Could have more use of colour coding. - Hiring managers keep their access to individual profiles after their jobs have closed (then managers complain about receiving too many notifications) - There should be multiple Offer forms (for each of our locations for e.g.) -

Sara
Employee Success Manager
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Incredibly easy to use with a top notch team to support it!

Comments: Overall, this is a great software that continues to release new things - both big & small - to improve the workflows for its users! The team is dedicated to improving recruiting & company culture. At the very least, subscribe to their emails for some thoughtful content!

Pros:

-First off, the sales & implementation teams are fantastic. I had a great experience during the sales process (which is why I chose them over Greenhouse) & Customer support representative from implementation (customer success) has continued to be a trusted partner even post-onboarding. -It's relatively easy to set up & manage ongoing updates. I pretty much built the entire thing when we switched from Jazz. While I have an implementation background, I'm no engineer, so kudos for making it easy to manage. -Hiring managers love it - esp. product & engineering! -The email templates are a life-changer. -The sync with Google calendar for rooms & availability is also a life-changer.

Cons:

While overall, it's a fantastic product, there are a few very nitpicky items I'd love to see modified down the road: -More customization for job posts; there are a couple standard fields you can't change. -Ability to sort applicants by certain criteria, i.e. if they included a cover letter or link to portfolio. -Permission levels with more "pick & choose" customization. -Changing interview times, teams, and feedback forms could be easier. -Option to save commonly used filters -- for a super admin with access to all reqs, it can be a tad overwhelming, but I've hacked a good process with bookmarks!

Ghayathri
People Ops Manager in Canada
Market Research, 11–50 Employees

Cost-effective ATS for small to mid-stage companies - Lever

Pros:

Simple and effective, cost is affordable for growing organizations, and the way they price it based on employee count and not on a per-seat basis.

Cons:

Reporting can be better, LinkedIn integration is a work in progress.

Molly
Senior Recruiter
Accounting, 501–1,000 Employees

We have loved our switch to Lever!

Pros:

We implemented Lever at the beginning of this year and are very happy overall with our switch. We originally chose to go with Lever because we liked how "candidate-centric" this platform was over other systems. We wanted an ATS that streamlined our application process, screening, and made scheduling a breeze and overall, we have found that! The implementation and customer service team has been top-notch with Lever. Along the way, we have received answers to our questions right away. The videos and tutorials have been extremely helpful and the feedback response rate from our interviewers has increased. The integration with Microsoft Office365 with a single log-on process was well-received with our interview teams. Our company fills a majority of our entry-level hires through campus recruiting and Lever has allowed us to organize our applications by school, events, position, etc. which has helped our team organize our campus recruiting efforts. We are also beginning to implement Lever "Nurture" to help with our recruiting campaigns and to help us recruit "passive candidates." Overall, we are pleased with Lever and its functionality. We would recommend it completely.

Cons:

The ease of use of reporting could be better, but Lever seems to be continually pushing out new updates.

Tommy
Director of Recruiting in US
Security & Investigations, 51–200 Employees

Could be good depending on organizational need

Pros:

Its super easy to use and great for tracking candidate pipeline. Simple for new hiring managers to understand and navigate

Cons:

Its has the least functionality of all the modern ATS, it doesn't have much places where you can customize compared to Greenhouse, Ashby, etc.

Richard
Owner in US
Human Resources, Self Employed

Lever - an ok ATS with some flaws

Comments: Lever is a good tool for the candidate journey. It is easy to use and helps you move through the recruitment process quickly. However, from a reporting and reliability point of view, there are better systems out there.

Pros:

Lever is a recruiting tool that is strongest on the candidate side. It makes it easy for candidates to apply for roles, and the internal interview system is decent too, making it pretty easy to collect feedback from hiring managers. It connects with email and calendars well, and there are integrations for other recruiting and HR tools.

Cons:

If you are looking for a great candidate database or an awesome way to track your reports, Lever is not the tool for you. The platform has reliability issues and terrible reporting functionality that makes it hard to get any meaningful data out of the system at all.

Employ Response

last year

Thanks for the review, Richard! In August 2022, Lever released a product update making Visual Insights the default in-app analytics interface. Check out this new reporting!

Magali
TA Operations Manager in France
Computer Software, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Great ATS, very efficient customer support, and simple/user friendly tool for recruiters & hiring managers

Comments: When we screened other ATS vendors, before making the choice to partner with Lever, we sensed that Lever was the best team & had the best product on the market. Now that we've been using Lever for more than 8 months, I am confident it was the best choice, and they've been exceeded our expectations so many times!

Pros:

Unlike other ATS that are cluttered / not logical, Lever is simple and makes sense! We've been using it for 8 months now, and our recruiters & hiring teams love it. From an admin point of view, I also value the great quality of the customer success team, and the implementation teams. They provide almost real-time support, are very efficient, and always friendly! Finally, the product is constantly evolving, and takes into account our own improvement requests, which feels like we're really partnerring with Lever.

Cons:

Almost no access to reporting for recruiters, only 'admin' roles can access reporting, which had lead us to open the role "admin" to more people than what we initially wanted to. But the build-in reports are really useful. There can be some data inconsistencies when it comes to reporting. Some data don't stock memory of changes, which is a challenge when we want to look deeper into more advanced historical reports.