15 years helping Irish businesses

Patriot Accounting Reviews

About Patriot Accounting

Affordable, easy, yet powerful accounting for small business owners and their accountants. Streamline your money management.

Learn more about Patriot Accounting

Pros:

I like that Patriot is an intuitive software that is easy to use. My employees find it easy to navigate as well and I'm able to integrate a fully digital payroll system which saves me time and money.

Cons:

Adjusting to a new style of format is my problem not patriots.

Patriot Accounting ratings

4.5
4.8
4.4
4.6

8.7/10

Patriot Accounting has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 380 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Patriot Accounting before?

Ann
Ann
Administrator in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Employees

Smooth operation!

Pros:

Intergration is a quick process with great customer support.

Cons:

I had to use the help desk for sick/vacation/PTO. Most parts of Patriot Software are intuitive, and you can explore till you find them, except a PTO adjustment.

Kristine
Executive Assistant in US
Religious Institutions, 2–10 Employees

Easy to use, great US customer support, excellent pricing.

Comments: Very satisfied. I just love the cost, ease of use and bank syncing feature.

Pros:

Bank syncing is my favorite feature followed by US customer support personnel and price

Cons:

It did take a bit of forms and time to set up, but once you get through the regulatory requirements, it was very easy.

Pat
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 2–10 Employees

Good system, but could use some refinement.

4.0 2 months ago New

Comments: As you can see, there are things that I feel need improvement, but all in all, I do like the program.

Pros:

I can integrate it with payroll. It's pretty simple to use.

Cons:

The idle time before log out needs to be done away with. I use my software dozens of times during the day and generally have to log back in about half of those times and the software apparently won't let my computer save the log in info so I have to enter it every time. I don't like that the payroll checks are not listed separately in the check register. Makes it aggravating when trying to reconcile with bank statement. I wish it would print the invoice numbers being paid on vendor checks. I would also like the "check all" choices to be gone. I would rather check the ones I need instead of first having to uncheck all. I also need to be able to enter vendor credits.

Robert
Owner-engineer in US
Sporting Goods, 2–10 Employees

Patriot software review

2.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Worked well for as small as our company is but not for larger company’s

Pros:

I liked that it was somewhat user friendly

Cons:

It didn’t work some newer AP applications

Melissa
Bookkeeper in US
Automotive, 2–10 Employees

Great software at a great price!

Comments: I love Patriot software. The price is amazing for all that you get with this software. I have had smooth sailing ever since I changed to Patriot.

Pros:

I am a control freak, so I like to do simple debit and credit accounting so that I can control everything going into my books. Patriot is easy to use and doesn't have all the what I call "noise" that other accounting softwares have. Some programs have so much fluff added to them but all I want are the basics and Patriot gives me that. This makes it easy to use.

Cons:

There are a few things in invoicing and bill pay that I might change but they are minimal. Other than that I have no issues with this software.

Ben
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Customer Service Is Outstanding

Comments: My experience has been great and the transition from the accouting software I had used before was much easier than I expected. Being in the advertising industry myself for more than 50 years, I always measure a company by how well they live up to their claims and slogans. Patriot Software certainly lives up to its tagline, "keep your time and money." But what stands out to me even more is the outstanding customer service demonstrated by every member of your staff with whom I've had communication. Sadly, in today's market place this type of customer service seems to be rare. Because of your great customer service, I would go as far as to call Patriot Software "the Chick-Fil-A of accoutning and payroll software."

Pros:

In switching from another accounting software program to Patriot Software, naturally there was a learning curve involved to get familiar with Patriot. Several calls to customer service were answered or returned right away, and the staff was always helpful, patient, and totally professional. My only regret is that I did not make the switch to Patriot Software even sooner, just for the outstanding customer service.

Cons:

At first the "extra step" of printing checks - downloading the form as a pdf file - was a little hard to get used to. But now that I understand the process better, and can see that this could be an important security feature, it's not really an issue.

Tobias
CEO in US
Facilities Services, 2–10 Employees

Patriot Review

Comments: Very easy to use and a dependable customer service.

Pros:

It is an American company that provides customer service based in the USA.

Cons:

Patriot doesn't have a geolocation service integrated with employees' payroll.

Val
Owner Operator in US
Apparel & Fashion, 2–10 Employees

Amazing Customer Service

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Overall I would give it a 4.5 on a scale of 1-5.. US based, professional yet relatable. And much less expensive than some other popular brands that I won’t name.

Pros:

The customer service is absolutely amazing. I’m definitely NOT a numbers or bookkeeping person, & I was skeptical about being able to use any accounting software, but even in some areas where I had a mess they worked with me to not only resolve but to understand the situation. I can’t say enough about how pleased I am.

Cons:

I would love payment options of credit card or checking account

Mo
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 2–10 Employees

Great for small Non-profit

5.0 last month New

Comments: We reviewed Manny non-profit accounting packages. Patriot provided the best value for the number of users that our organization required. If does not include fund raising and tracking of gifts, which are not a requirement for our organization.

Pros:

Easy to setup. When I had accounting questions the customer support was friendly and answered my questions.

Cons:

Timing of credit card payments marked as paid in Patriot but funds not received for several days from Stripe. Not really an issue after you understand the process and how to reconcile the bank statements.

Kingfer
COO in US
Consumer Goods, 2–10 Employees

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

It is simple and power. support either cash-basis, modified cash-basis, or accrual accounting.

Cons:

The premium version has enhanced functions. e.g. Subaccount capability. Better to reduce the cost to be more cost friendly.

Craig
Principal Consultant in US
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Basic Accounting Software, but it gets the job done

Comments: Very good. The customer service is superb. They answer the phone and are very helpful. If they don't know an answer, they find it out and get back to you. Email support is good too. The software is pretty basic compared to Quickbooks but if you don't need all those fancy features as I don't, it gets the job done. And the price is much better than Quickbooks. They have a bank reconciliation module, but I don't use it. Highly recommend for small businesses.

Pros:

Started out on the package almost 5 years ago. It was pretty basic then, Patriot has added a steady stream of features to it each year. We don't use a lot of them however. I like the dashboard. If you are using the Payroll module, it's totally seamless integration. No frills accounting but that's ok because that's all I need.

Cons:

Can't put a check number on a Quick Pay when you are running it. I use manual checks and there's not way to do that, except by putting the check number in the notes. If you are using printed check stock, that would not be an issue. Reporting is a little thin, but it gets the job done. The Financial statement is a little weird how it calculates owner's equity but my accountant reviewed the numbers and said it is correct. If you have accrued liabilities, They use "modified cash basis" which it also odd vs. Cash Basis. No Statement available to send out to customers.

Jonathan

Patriot Accounting

Comments: Overall, Patriot has been straight forward and easy to use. Their customer service has been quick and easy to get ahold of.

Pros:

The best part about this software was the ease of setup. It's very easy to enter customers, receive payments, and keep track of expenses.

Cons:

As someone who is new to accounting software, I did have to call customer service for some setup questions with adding in categories to track expenses.

Kelvin
Director Technical Services in US
Management Consulting, 11–50 Employees

K. Baker Review for Accounting Software

Comments: Great tool for Small Businesses

Pros:

Easy to Setup and Management. Critical Part of us receiving a PPP Loan.

Cons:

Expand the program to allow project based billing and invoicing.

MARCHELLO
OWNER in US

DISAPPOINTED

Pros:

SET UP WAS EASY, DOWNHILL AFTER THAT. PERHAPS IT IS ACTUALLY EASIER THAN I AM EXPECTING, AND NOT GIVING IT A CHANCE.

Cons:

PERHAPS I DID NOT SETUP CORRECTLY, BUT IT SEEMS LIKE ANY TRANSACTION I DO IS LIKE PERFORMING JOURNAL ENTRIES ONLY, I AM USED TO QUICKBOOKS, VERY EASY AND INTUITIVE, PATRIOT NOT SO MUCH, EXAMPLE IS ADDING ACCOUNTS ON THE FLY IN THE MIDDLE OF TRANSACTIONS, INSTEAD OF CANCELLING TRANSACTION, AND CREATING THE ACCOUNT, THEN START OVER WITH THE TRANSACTION

Nancy
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2–10 Employees

Best bang for the buck!

Comments: They are great! They have been so helpful getting my business transitioned to Patriot . Reports are an effective tool for keeping up with where our business stands. Highly recommend!

Pros:

Easy to get up and running. Inexpensive to run, bookkeeping assistance available for a nominal fee.

Cons:

Doesn’t accept payments. Had to set up elsewhere. Would be a great advantage if all in one software package.

Sally
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Left Quickbooks for Patriot

Comments: so far so good!! I am very new to it. Did a 30 day trial in Dec and started for real in January.

Pros:

The automatic downloads of my bank transactions and the functionality of that whole feature is great!So far it seems very easy to do payroll

Cons:

I wish the general ledger had a feature to make the most recent transaction show up at the top automatically. I always have to click the arrow to switch the view...a very little thing, but I'd love it if there was a setting to choose that view.

Jo
Office manager in US

Great until issues

Comments: Overall my experience was good, only left due to a bank connectivity issue they didn't know how to solve and they're delay in getting to my ticket.

Pros:

Super intuitive functions, great customer support

Cons:

When I had an issue that customer service couldn't immediately resolve they took weeks kicking the can down the rd and ultimately never got my issue resolved before I gave up and switch softwears

Megan
Restaurants, 2–10 Employees

Great Accounting Package Solution!

Pros:

Month end closes take less than an hour, everything is very user friendly and I have the ability to export or create every report I need. Specifically, having the ability to export my monthly GL to compare month to month, qtr to qtr, is incredibly helpful and saves me a ton of time.

Cons:

I don't have anything that I don't care for.

Julie
Certified Bookkeeper in US
Accounting, 2–10 Employees

User Friendly Comprehensive Payroll Solution

Comments: Mostly all positive. I have always been able to contact support and get answers to my questions (even if I didn't like the answer because a feature was unavailable). There is somewhat a lack of communication to partners.

Pros:

Patriot Software is easy to set up and easy to use. Everything is spelled out on the screen. There are very minimal clicks to accomplish basic payroll tasks. Patriot is also VERY up-to-date on tax law changes and communicating to users. Support is knowledgeable and hold times are very reasonable.

Cons:

Ability to schedule different employees into different pay schedules. Lack of job costing. Lack of ability to pay an employee who works in multiple cities in same week.

Construction, 51–200 Employees

User friendly accounting software with good customer service based support

Comments: In short, I would say that it is the best fit for those who are looking for a system with affordable prices and userfriendly. I recommend this accounting system as a well-satisfied user.

Pros:

This software as I mentioned in the title it is extremely user-friendly for even non-finance people and also those who are new to accounting and SME business. I have been using it and most of the time I could manage by myself without getting information from my data entry assistant due to their well-organized features. Moreover, if I do need to get any assistance from their customer support team, always address immediately to my queries without any delay. It was great since we were busy clients and fulfill our requirements with full satisfaction. At last, but not least their prices are more affordable as much as lower and value for paid money.

Cons:

I just experienced a few problems at the beginning with setting up the system, But there are plenty of video tutorials available for troubleshooting that are very useful and the customer service is very effective and readily available to address our queries then and there to resolve

Scott
Principal in US
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Sad It Did Not Work Out

Pros:

Pricing is excellent and I've heard good things about the software, so I thought I would try it.

Cons:

I had started a small marketing company after selling my property management company. I had always used Quickbooks with my prior company and was totally happy with it. After 6 months with my new company, the cost for Quickbooks Online kept increasing. I turned to Patriot Software as a possible alternative. Unfortunately, it did not work out. I'm not an accounting person, but I never had a problem with Quickbooks. With Patriot Software, the setup was extremely confusing and difficult. I called support and set up a phone call with an advisor. I was hoping that I could schedule a session or two with a support person to help me set up. Patriot however does not work that way. While they would have someone work with me to setup my company with the software, it would cost $800. I'm sorry Patriot, but that is way to much money for a small business just starting out. I asked if there were videos that could assist me. They said yes, but they are very very limited in number and topic. Additionally, there is very little written information to give direction and to answer questions. Neither does Patriot have a process within their software that takes you step by step in setting various items up. At the end of the day, while the pricing was excellent and exactly what I was looking for, if you can't use the product it is of no value.

Rebecca
Telecommunications, Self Employed

Great product easy to use

Pros:

Easy to use and provides all the functions I need to manage my invoices, pay taxes, and product reports

Cons:

No complaints. Patriot gives me all the features I need

Pierpaolo
Digital Marketer in US
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

A Great Accounting Solution For Business

Pros:

The tool makes handling accounting and financial reporting easy. It is well equipped.

Cons:

Never had issues with Patriot Accounting.

Debbie
Owner, DFA in US
Mental Health Care, 2–10 Employees

Comments: I love the name, and love that it can produce my payroll easily. Every interaction with one of your employees has been successful and satisfactory.

Pros:

PS easily helps me to accomplish producing my Payroll and tracking the financial history of my employees. I greatly appreciate that there is always a person to talk with within five minutes of when I called. There is no substitute for that. They are knowledgeable, friendly and always helpful.

Cons:

Since I am somebody coming not coming from a financial background at all it would’ve been helpful to give me a list of what I needed to do when I first signed up that would walk me through how to accomplish my goals, instead, I had to put the pieces of the puzzle together myself. It all did turn out fine but it was stressful for me. Also, there is no one report that will show me on a daily or weekly or even monthly Basis just on a single line what each of my employees brings in, gross income. I’ve not been able to get assistance figuring out how to do that so I have to do it on a separate ledger myself.

Laura

Simple and Straightforward Accounting Software

Comments: Patriot saves me a lot of time because I'm complete my accounting and billing tasks quicker than on our old system.

Pros:

The migration process to Patriot was very simple and straightforward. The reports are great and some we are able to customize to meet our needs through filters. Recording payments is simple, and running payroll is a breeze.

Cons:

I don't like that I have to open each invoice individually to print them. I would like the ability to select multiple invoices to open at the same time to print. When we invoice our clients, we typically do them in batches and printing each one separately is time consuming.