15 years helping Irish businesses

Microsoft PowerPoint Reviews

4.7 (20,609) Write a Review!

About Microsoft PowerPoint

PowerPoint is a Microsoft on-premise presentation solution that lets professionals create, edit and share slides with external members

Learn more about Microsoft PowerPoint

Pros:

I like it because It's very simple to use and everything you need you will find in the toolbar. Great value for the price.

Cons:

One of the bad things to use PowerPoints is that it will be boring for the audiences if the presenter is a poor speaker and if the presenter can not use the slides properly.

Microsoft PowerPoint ratings

4.6
4.3
4.6
4.5

9.0/10

Microsoft PowerPoint has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 20,609 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Microsoft PowerPoint before?

Filter reviews (20,609)

Samuel
Samuel
Founder and CEO in UK
Internet, 2–10 Employees

Microsoft PowerPoint for Presentation.

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: MS PowerPoint makes work easier with automatic design inspiration.
Makes presentation seamless.

Pros:

Easy to use. Value for money. Large community. Maintained by Microsoft. Artificial Intelligence is integrated in MS PowerPoint for custom AI generated contents. Can embed MS Excel charts and tables, Power BI Charts, images, audio, videos, urls, geospatial data and many more into slides. Customer support. Comes with Office 365. Automatic design generation.

Cons:

Cannot view embedded raw html file, except you intend to attach the file with it and open in a browser. Cannot be installed as stand alone.

Mohammed
Civil in Egypt
Civil Engineering, 51–200 Employees

Great and attractive offers.

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: The experience took place over five years. It was easy, enjoyable, and smooth to use, and I still use it on a weekly basis in various works.

Pros:

What I liked most about the program is the way it presents business ideas and data on global platforms, to people, and to senior officials.

Cons:

Sometimes, when transferring a file from one device to another, some of the funds are destroyed, and it is possible that the file will not be opened because the program’s software is installed on one version and is applicable to all versions.

Lauren
Orenda in US
Management Consulting, 2–10 Employees

(Still) Necessary, but not the most user-friendly program

3.0 last month New

Pros:

Some clients prefer using it. It's easy for them to use and make updates. Also, it integrates well with other Microsoft programs.

Cons:

Limitations of what you can do design-wise. Also if someone doesn't have the exact same setup for PowerPoint (version, settings, etc.) sometimes things don't display properly.

Adeotan
owner in US
Accounting, Self Employed

My Thoughts.

Comments: very useful if you are in school or have a project at work, plus you can try out different designs on your project, so that's cool.

Pros:

1. You can make slides very easily. 2. It is user-friendly. 3.it's very useful for projects

Cons:

Just the activation key sometimes it freezes when loading it depends on your laptop.

Randy
Director Corporate Operations in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11–50 Employees

Used for Training Presentations

4.0 2 months ago New

Comments: We used power point to create training presentations for new driver hires

Pros:

Flexibility, ability to import images and modify fonts to make impactful presentations

Cons:

nothing stands out as a negative on this product other than the learning curve for advanced features

응민
General Manager in South Korea
Environmental Services, 11–50 Employees

My friend. PPT

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: My experience with Microsoft PowerPoint has been positive overall. It's user-friendly, making it easy to create professional presentations with templates and multimedia support. However, file size and compatibility across different versions can sometimes be challenging. despite these issues, PowerPoint has been essential for effectively communicating ideas in meetings and presentations, enhancing my professional communication skills significantly.

Pros:

What I like most about PowerPoint is its convenience and utility. As a 30-something professional, my daily schedule is packed, and I often don't have much time to prepare presentations. But thanks to PPT, I can breathe a bit easier. when an urgent matter arises and my boss or clients suddenly come to the office, I often need to create reports on the fly. I just open PowerPoint, browse through a few templates, and quickly find one that fits. With a few tweaks, I can have a clean, professional-looking presentation ready in no time. when it comes to team projects, PowerPoint is indispensable. collaborating in real-time with colleagues, adding comments, and working together seamlessly has made teamwork much more efficient. I recall a time when we were preparing for a major project, staying up all night making edits. Thanks to PowerPoint's collaboration features, we managed to finish everything quickly. PowerPoint is an essential tool in my work life. It helps me create impressive presentations despite a busy schedule, and for that, I'm really grateful.

Cons:

While the basic features are user-friendly, some of the more advanced features can be tricky to master. For someone who isn't very tech-savvy, this can be a bit daunting.

Eunice
Owner in Kenya
Accounting, 51–200 Employees

Microsoft powerpoint review

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: What stands apart to me is the adaptability of the product to be utilized by staff at any specialized level. The multi highlights that are accessible utilize the product super-simple and practical. Agreeable UI that is instinctive.

Pros:

I love that the projects coordinate flawlessly and can store records online in the SharePoint stage for usability while sharing reports for cooperation." "It's the best proficient level programming for any office or school. Entirely dependable and super easy to use."

Cons:

"The auto isolating is a piece forceful and in some cases has bogus up-sides. As an administrator I can deliver them so no email is lost, yet at the same time a piece irritating." "It is horrendous on portable or regardless of whether you simply have the administrator board taking up portion of your screen. Can be disappointing to work with."

Nitheen
Software Developer in US
Computer Software, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Great for creating presentations

5.0 last month New

Pros:

Presentations are very crucial for an explaining the concept to the team or to leadership. This tool has helped in creating the best slides and customizable templates and animations makes it even better aesthetically.

Cons:

Great tool to work and no complaints so far.

Samir
Revenue Operations Manager in US
E-Learning, 11–50 Employees

Microsoft PowerPoint

Pros:

Everything. Its the highest quality you can get when working through presentations and slides. Other tools seems to try and reach to be like PowerPoint but always fail.

Cons:

Nothing much! Its the highest standard there is for slide preentations.

Gary
Gary
Owner in Canada
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Microsoft PowerPoint: Creating Professional Presentations for All Skill Levels

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Microsoft PowerPoint has been my go-to tool for creating visually engaging presentations, even with limited design experience. The wide range of templates and easy-to-use features have helped me showcase my ideas professionally and confidently. Sharing and collaborating on presentations with colleagues is a breeze, making teamwork efficient and hassle-free.

Cons:

PowerPoint's advanced features can be challenging for beginners, practice and explore tutorials for best results.

Ozlem
Business Consultant in UK
Financial Services, Self Employed

Power is in your hands

Comments: This software is not hard to use even though it could be made easier to use. It is the best option if you can afford it. It has more features than other similar software and you can make more professional presentations with it. It takes time to become a master at it however once you get the hang of it, you will make some really good stuff.

Pros:

It is the most professional presentation software that most companies use. Very impressive presentations can be done with this software. Once you learn how to use it time-efficiently, it becomes so much easier to prepare presentations, cool animation, and transitions. You can also do some decent illustrations with PowerPoint. They wouldn't be as good as the ones you would do with proper illustration software however they get the job done.

Cons:

Templates are not as appealing as I would expect from a software that I pay this much for. And for some reason, videos sometimes don't work and you have re-insert them. Also, it is pretty difficult to do transitions in some cases which I think should be made easier. Its price is really high compared to other company's products.

Powerpoint in its fullest

Comments: My overall experience has been great. I always turn to MS powerpoint when a presentation needs to be done at work or university.

Pros:

Microsoft PowerPoint is a simple and almost easy-to-use software that has been developed by Microsoft. It makes the lives of most professionals like myself seamless when it comes to presentations and talks. The many features that MS Powerpoint has it easy and simple to use. The most beautiful part of this application is that the users do not need to go through extensive training to use this app. It is a self-taught application that allows users to use their imagination to come up with the most innovative ideas to help pass a colorful message across. Powerpoint is "Cross-platform", it allows can take data from different apps such as excel and customise the look and feel of this to make it interact with the presentation.

Cons:

I have not found anything specific that I personally do not like. But coming from a software development background I can safely say that no application is not without its flaws. I know that it does not use the entire page, this feature can be Improved in the near future.

Bonnie
educator in US
Higher Education, 201–500 Employees

PowerPoint

Comments: I work in both business and higher education fields in everything from application software set-up, international communications, or budget timelines to educating teachers in the integration of technology into the classroom from Early Childhood Development up through high school and/or Special Education as well as adult Organizational Management and Leadership, and Business Data and Information Management all of which requires presentations and dissemination of information in an effective and manageable way. Using PowerPoint for all of these needs has truly been a successful venture. With the ability to add graphics, hyperlinks, voice over recordings, embedded videos, music, timed and professional transitions and the options to save as editable presentations, or view only automated slide shows and Digital Stories, I have been able to create robust and interactive presentations that I share on a regular basis. Whether it’s a live, in-person presentation, or an emailed or uploaded slideshow or digital story, I can trust that PowerPoint will help me share and educator others.

Pros:

In today's technologically infused world I engage daily in both business and higher education fields (both public and private), and I find time after time that PowerPoint (PPT) is my go-to presentation software program! I think its versatility and ease of use (without any formal training) has to be my favorite thing about PPT. I can provide an editable version of a PPT presentation to my students (or staff), or I can provide them with an automated slide show/video that they can simply watch to receive the desired information.

Cons:

I think if I had to ask for any improvements it would be that the program would automatically prompt the user upon saving the file, if he/she would like to “compress pictures/graphics to reduce the size of the file.” I have many students who have complained that they cannot upload their presentations or that it takes was too long for their files to upload into our online classes. This often can be due to the size of their files which can be quite large because of their inserted pictures/graphics. I know to always compress my graphics before saving the file, but even when instructed to do this students will often forget when under the pressure of submitting a graded or important presentation/slide show. I have experienced this with staff and other faculty/colleagues as well. Offering a simple prompt upon saving the file that asks the user “Would like to compress pictures/graphics to reduce the size of your file?” with the same ‘Target output’ options that are available on the Compress Pictures tool, would save effort, size, and time!

Daniel
Daniel
Growth Pastor in US
Religious Institutions, 2–10 Employees

Presentation Software for Business and School

Comments: Overall, this software has been incredibly valuable. I have been using it now for almost 20 years. I have always loved the way the software works, the ease of use, variety of customization settings, and its ability to present anything I need. I currently use it to teach lessons in a church and school setting with video, text, and charts/spreadsheets. It has helped me numerous times present content in a simple, fun, and engaging way.

Pros:

Microsoft PowerPoint is an essential tool in my business and school toolbox. I use PowerPoint weekly to create mostly text presentations that teach and share ideas. What I like most: 1. Ease of use: - There are built in templates ready for me to begin designing my slides. - All the tools I need to create slides are at the top and right hand side easy for me to access. - A slide pane on the left helps me see where I am in my presentation and select individual slides for editing. - Presentation is simple, just the click of the spacebar, arrow, mouse, or presenter allows me to advance my slides or go back. 2. Autosave: There are times when I have to leave my desk and my project will auto save. 3. Presentation Mode: I use this mode when I "extend my desktop" for use with a projector (you can access this setting by typing "project" in the search bar on a Windows 10 computer). Presentation mode allows me to see what slide I am currently on, what slide is next, and has a timer to see how long my presentation has been going. It also has features like play, back, forward, etc... 4. Embedding: PowerPoint allows me to embed audio files, video files, spreadsheets, word docs, or pdf into the slides. It is great to be able to incorporate the necessary things I need to present my project or lesson. 5. Transitions and Animations: The transitions and animations feature is helpful because it includes a lot of pre-programmed settings to creatively change between slides or text.

Cons:

Here are a few things I dislike about the software: 1. The presentation software only works linearly. What I mean by that is I cannot jump between slides or make a uniquely motioned presentation like Prezi. PowerPoint simply goes from one slide to the next to the next. While PowerPoint more than makes up for this with the animations and transitions offered and its ease of use, I do wish it had some of the unique features of Prezi. 2. I find the animations feature to be a bit difficult. It isn't as intuitive as I would like. What I mean by that is when I do bullet points for a lesson outline I have to select the text I want to animate, then select the animation I want, then select "Move Forward on Click" in order to get the presentation points to go 1, 2, 3, 4, etc... instead of the default, which is all at once. I find it a bit cumbersome. 3. One could argue that while customization is a bonus of PowerPoint, it can also be a negative. The software requires a bit of a learning curve.

Banking, 1,001–5,000 Employees

The software which has embodied presentation itself

Comments: As a part of my job duty, I have to make a lot presentations and I am completely dependent of MS PowerPoint for this. I admit there are a lot of other flashy softwares for making slideshows and I had tried a fair share of them but always I had to return to MS PowerPoint. This is true for my colleagues too. That is the ultimate success of this software.

Pros:

1. Ease of Use: Since PowerPoint is the member of MS Office suite and the UI is similar to other Office softwares like MS Word and MS Excel, the learning curve of MS PowerPoint is comparatively smooth. 2. Wider acceptability: MS PowerPoint is the standard of business presentation. Whole corporate world across the globe accepts or I better say requires presentations be made in MS PowerPoint. The adoptability is so high that presentations are normally called by the name of PowerPoint presentations. 3. Wide range of templates and add-ons availability: Since this software is widely adopted, there are a lot of templates and add-ons available for MS PowerPoint. This has made it super convenient to prepare a stunning presentation. 4. Ability to add different kinds of multimedia contents into the presentation: You can add multimedia contents like Photos, Audios, Videos etc into the presentation and run them natively from the presentation. 5. Custom Slide show: There is a great feature called Custom slide show. By using this, you can create a master presentation and then create different slide shows for different audiences. This is a great time saver sometimes.

Cons:

1. Version dependency: My very first reason of frustration is version dependency of the presentations. Many a times, I see that my presentation doesn’t run as I expected if the PC in which the presentation is running has a different version of the software than the PC I used to prepare the presentation.  For this reason, I have to carry my laptop everywhere instead of just carrying a thumb drive. 2. Video Playback glitch: Though not always but sometimes, video playback gets stuck or slows down causing embarrassment for the presenter.

Human Resources, 201–500 Employees

PowerPoint Review

Comments: I personally will always use PowerPoint. I feel like it's a easy software to use and can really help a presentation. It can easily set you apart from competition and make your professional game a lot stronger!

Pros:

I have been using PowerPoint for well over 15 years. To use the product from my earlier years in school for presentations about Penguins to teaching Cultural Diversity in the Human Resources setting in my organization shows how this product can be used in so many different settings. I found it easy to learn the basics while in middle school and high school. Being a visual learner myself, this software is something that I can connect with on a personal basis. I believe using this software for your presentations helps deliver the message on another level with being able to catch the audience's attention and keep it. I work as the Employment Coordinator/Recruiter with my company. I work with a lot of data. With me being a visual person, this software allows for me to get my data across in a way I'm comfortable with. I do this by using charts/graphs in the presentation. It allows me to show my leadership my data such as (applicant, education of applicant, experience of applicant, how many applicants) to them in a way that text and conversation can't do on it's on. This makes me look more professional and organized. It clearly shows my losses and success, my goals and my progress!

Cons:

I think if you are not careful, you can get carried away with using too much text or too many images. There has to be a balance. I think it helps to get proper training/education on how to build an effective presentation. Anyone can click around and enter text and images, but the audience may focus too much on what's on the screen and not what the actual message is. It's to aid in the presentation and the message, not take over and replace the presenter. Also, the fact that you have to pay for it with a subscription monthly or annually can pose a problem for some.

Supun
Supun
Student in Sri Lanka
Computer Software, Self Employed

Microsoft PowerPoint for a great presentation

Comments: Microsoft PowerPoint is the most popular software that uses to make presentations worldwide. Since this software is developed under a long period of time, only minor issues can be identified with the software. In the other hand, this software is developed by Microsoft Company which is a largest software company in the world. Therefore you can use this software without any fear about its features. Microsoft PowerPoint is one of best software that can use to make presentations as our needs. You can make any kind of presentation using Microsoft PowerPoint that suits for any occasion and any age group. I recommend this software for anyone because we do not need a prior knowledge about the software to use it.

Pros:

Simplicity is the major advantage of the software from my view. User interface of the software is greatly designed for the ease of use. Just few clicks needed to add an animation, change a theme, add a slide transition etc. Because of this simplicity, beginners also can make a good presentation using Microsoft PowerPoint. Other main advantage is the animations and slide transitions included in the package. Big amount of animations, templates and slide transitions are comes with the software and we can use them as our need. Using that features we can make a presentation that suits to small children or a presentation that suits for a professional meeting. There is an automatic recovery feature is available in the software that helped me in many time. It saves our presentations automatically while making the presentation. If the power goes out or computer goes off for any reason while making the presentation, we can restore the presentation though we did not save it. Since I am using this software from my childhood, I feel great about the software.

Cons:

Though I am using this software for a long time, I did not found any serious issues yet. Microsoft fixes minor issues also with the new versions of software. Price of the software is a considerable disadvantage because there are many free and open source software developed to make presentations in these days. It is good if Microsoft add more animations, slide transitions and templates to PowerPoint. This would help us to make more creative presentations. User interface of older versions of the software does not feel comfortable. Therefore we have to use newer versions to make presentations easily. Auto recovery feature can be improved more to recover all the presentation because now it saves only a part of the presentation.

Ashkan
Research Assistant in US
Civil Engineering, 10,000+ Employees

Best Presentation Software

Comments: I am a research assistant and PowerPoint is the software I use frequently, whether I’m attending conferences or have a weekly meeting, PowerPoint is my go-to presentation software. PowerPoint if not the best, is one of the bests for presentations. Microsoft has delivered over the years and keeps delivering. I have used most of the Office products for many years and I can say that PowerPoint is the best Office software. For a long time, presenting in front of other people seemed daunting to me. However, after getting used to PowerPoint I feel very confident because I know PowerPoint has the ability for preparing a professional presentation. If you use other Office software, you should know that the integration of PowerPoint with other Office products such as Microsoft Word is seamless.

Pros:

Microsoft offers the best productivity apps in the business. PowerPoint is one of their most popular applications, and pretty much the go-to presentation software for a lot of people in the industry and in education. That is mostly because PowerPoint is a very powerful and useful presentation software. It comes with a lot of features to assure you that you have the right tools for making a jaw-dropping presentation. You can choose from thousands of templates right in the app or you have the freedom to make your own unique template, which I have preferred over the pre-built templates. Having been a student and a research assistant, I have used PowerPoint on a weekly basis, and have made hundreds of presentations throughout the years. The popularity of this software makes it a lot more transferable. I have never had any issues with presenting my files on a different computer. One of the important features that have been added to PowerPoint recently is the icons. I use them extensively and they make my presentations easy to understand and it helps with the flow of the presentations as well. In a nutshell, the most important feature of PowerPoint is its user-friendly interface. I believe that is the reason most people use PowerPoint.

Cons:

PowerPoint is the most popular presentation software; however, the updates are not frequent. I believe this software needs to be updated more frequently, and new features should be added daily. Additionally, sharing presentations with other collaborators is far from being complete, although Microsoft has tried to add this feature to the Office products, it is not easy to use by no means. I wish Microsoft solved these issues, then PowerPoint would be great.

Deanna
author, speaker, coach in Canada
Information Services, Self Employed

PPTX! Does great overheads and SO much more!

Comments: I love PowerPoint! As mentioned, it's my go-to for actual presentations. But I use it for so many different types of design work, too, and it has made those projects so much easier to create. Unlike online creative design programs, anything you create is always available to you because they are saved on your computer. You never have to worry about losing your work or not being able to access it if the online platform ever goes away. I highly recommend it!

Pros:

This is my go-to software for overheads when I am doing a presentation (which I do a lot). It is very user-friendly for creating the slides. The functions (fonts, etc) are very similar to using Word. And, when you are doing the actual presentation, you have use of things like the B key function to blank out the screen if you need it. And, in Presentation mode, you can see the slide that will be next. BUT... What I LOVE about PowerPoint is what else you can do with it! I use it for graphic design of posters and Facebook images and other types of designs I need. You can adjust size, colour and layouts very easily. You can get gridlines for lining up images and sizes that match up and so much more. And, you can changed the sizes of the slides to any dimension. I've created business cards as well as speaker one sheets. With the ability to create mulitiple slides, I can create one design and then simply copy it in the thumbnails on the side to preserve the first design and then I can make changes to the copy to see what something else might look like (a different colour or image or whatever). Right now I'm using it to catalogue items with each slide being a different collection of items. I can then export this as a PDF to create the multi-page document. This would be next to impossible in something like Word because I am using images and in PPTX they stay where I put them! Not so always in Word.

Cons:

There's not much I don't like. One thing I would like is better tables because of some of the design work I do. The program comes with interesting table style ideas but I'd really like to have just a plain table like you can create in Word or Excel and with the same functionality. I haven't seen how to get that yet. Maybe it's there? That said, there are some neat design elements built in and they've been helpful for flow charts and such. But other than including a easy-to-access very plain table, I cannot think of anything else I'd change.

Joko
Digital Marketing Strategist in Indonesia
Computer Networking, 2–10 Employees

"The Most Ideal Approach to Present or Offer Data, or Present a Subject"

Comments: We have been utilizing Impress and Keynote beforehand yet they appear the old adaptations of intensity point, you see the reconciliation that you can get with PowerPoint its more complete and well disposed to oversee, regardless of whether they are free or being a piece of the product that the PC incorporates PowerPoint fits with all the necessities that my work requires and past.Finally, Power Point is the perfect programming on the off chance that you required to share data, present a business thought, or anything anyplace in a simple and in vogue way. We love utilizing PowerPoint.

Pros:

• I have been utilizing PowerPoint when I was an understudy and now in my expert life is a fundamental instrument. It has changed from numerous points of view yet every one of them has been so as to improve. Presently you can utilize it anyplace and it works in the entirety of your gadgets, tablets , PC, or your telephone, regardless of whether you don't have the product on term you can get access through your hotmail or viewpoint bookkeeper. Microsoft has improved the experience of clients by helping them to choose a plan agreeing with the thoughts or subject that you will introduce, it gives style and structure that is extremely useful for getting the consideration from your crowd. • It's the most broadly utilized and accessible programming (which means such huge numbers of individuals have it so it's conceivable you'll be able to send/get a record and open it. Utilizing the Master slides highlight which is the place you can set and "fix" your logo set up to show up on each slide, have an assortment of slide positions/formats to browse, and even set a typography template/style set.

Cons:

Some of the time the recordings that you incorporate into the slides doesn't work, uniquely on the off chance that they are originating from YouTube, possibly it depends of the variant of the product.

ankur
marketing head in India
Hospitality, 11–50 Employees

Microsoft Power Point Review

Comments: My general involvement in PowerPoint has been a decent one. Its convenience and the advantages it brings to one for introducing imperative data have been colossal to me I would prescribe everybody to utilize this incredible asset since it is viable and not hard to utilize. You can utilize PowerPoint to make any sort of introduction for any occasion or crowd Whatever you are wanting to use for school, college, business, teaching...Etc. this product is an extraordinary decision for everybody, and it will save you a ton of time and a migraine by making basic and truly very much planned introductions and you will stand out enough to be noticed while introducing it PowerPoint is the ideal programming if you needed to share information present a business thought, or anything wherever in a straightforward and stylish manner. We love using PowerPoint

Pros:

PowerPoint is so much fun and simple to work with. I love all the highlights and capacities The highlights and usefulness in PowerPoint are far more noteworthy and more grounded than contenders like google slides. Making an introduction just takes minutes due to how simple the instrument is to learn and utilize I utilized Microsoft PowerPoint for the pitch deck, deals introduction, GIF recordings, and featured discussions. Despite the fact that you have plenty of different choices in the commercial center this Microsoft item offers the best last plans and movement highlights Microsoft PowerPoint is the default exemplary that everybody has consistently utilized. You can anticipate that individuals should realize how to utilize it and how to open the .ppt documents. It's likewise moderately simple to utilize

Cons:

The thing I like the most un-about this product is the number of various regions there are all through the application. It tends to be hard to explore when initially starting to utilize it Powerpoint controls for graphs and shapes are somewhat finicky. When utilizing the diagramming wizard, there are numerous perplexing little advances you should recall to create a suitable outline PowerPoint can set aside some effort to learn in the event that you are new to making introductions. You can rapidly figure out how to make a slide, however, it may take some effort to gain proficiency with all the devices on the off chance that you are new to Microsoft.

Anzoromi
Freelancer in Côte d’Ivoire
Computer Software, Self Employed

Great software, very complete and easy to use

Comments: For many years, PowerPoint has successfully met my needs, and it still does so in the majority of my work today. I'm quite happy with this.Because there are relatively few flaws and updates are quite often, I can easily suggest this software to all of my followers on social media and in any forums where I participate.

Pros:

Thanks to its extremely intuitive layout, Powerpoint is quite simple to use, especially for someone who is not experienced with computers; it is challenging to get confused even when you are a rookie. I can display my reports, reports, and presentations with this software. In order to demonstrate how important it is now, I even utilized it to defend my degree thesis. It comes highly recommended, and I have no doubt that it will soon be used widely.

Cons:

The corporation does not offer free lessons that can help new software users learn the program on their own; instead, the finest tutorials we currently have on it are solely supplied by individuals, for instance on YouTube.Google Slides, PowerPoint's direct rival, is completely free, however the software is still purchased for a moderately high price.

Elena
Employee Engagement Manager in US
Human Resources, 11–50 Employees

I use PowerPoint all the time. It is my primary presentation software.

Comments: We are able to create attractive bespoke presentations for internal use as well as client projects with ease.

Pros:

I find ppt very easy to use, and have been using it since I can remember. It has all of the essentials I need to create a good looking, professional presentation, and features that make it look like I know a lot more about design than I do. Designing a background by uploading a file and making it transparent, for instance ... looks stellar. Adding in some animation also makes your presentation feel more interactive, but doesn't take much effort at all. The available icons make it look more modern. There are a number of features that contribute to ease of use as well. It is easy to paste graphics/text in (for instance, ours or a client's company logo) and insert other pictures and files. Things are easy to insert, move around, play with, duplicate and edit. I also appreciate that there are templates you can choose when you aren't feeling very inspired. There are usually multiple people who are looking at the same ppt in our company, so the ability to insert comments is also super helpful. All of this being said, I think the software has a lot of other capabilities and functionalities that I have most likely not explored. For instance, every time I ask my Director of Marketing about something related to ppt, she usually shows me something I did not know before, and says that she discovers these features solely by Googling how to do something.

Cons:

One thing I would say that I would love to see is some sort of process map feature. When I need to make a very custom process map I use Gliffy, export the diagram, and copy/paste it into my ppt presentation. Also - and this is a big one - for whatever reason, I have a lot of trouble when I am using the Slide Master View to insert a logo which needs to be on every page. I have Googled it, played with it, and always end up doing it manually (as in, pasting our logo onto every single slide). To be honest it drives me NUTS.

Thierry
Thierry
Business Administrator in US
Hospital & Health Care

I use PowerPoint on a daily basis with the objective of creating training content for my team.

Comments: This software allows me to really deliver training content to my peers and employees. It is useful even when creating e-learning content using other recording software in tandem with PPT.
I believe that it is an absolute requirement to learn and understand how to use Microsoft PowerPoint. The updates and improvements made by Microsoft have really made this product a must use for corporations and single users alike.

Pros:

PowerPoint is a very straightforward and comprehensive software, when used for the simple task of delivering quick, text-centric content it is a cost-effective and simple tool to use. Users have the ability to create fast and easy to read presentations for a wide variety of purposes. There is a reason why MS. PowerPoint is a standard application and a requirement for most professionals. The application has an added benefit of being accessible on tablets and mobile devices. Another great feature is the "presenter view" which allows the presenter to view and anticipate the content being presented when creating a presentation you can also add comments to further add details to your slide.

Cons:

PowerPoint's slide-based model is one of the oldest tricks in the book, it is absolutely the simplest format one can think of to deliver content aside from emails. However, in 2018 there are far better options out there such as Adobe Captivate and Camtasia (which has PowerPoint integration). The hyperlinking is faulty at times and can use some improvement. The files can get damaged when transferred, especially via email. Adding audio or video to PowerPoint could prove slightly complicated at times if you are not well versed in how to use it. PowerPoint requires creativity if you want your slides to not be boring.

César
César
Petroleum Geologist in Venezuela

This program has been an essential tool in my professional development, I use it since 1996.

Comments: This software has allowed me to show professional presentations in a short time and thus meet the requirements of the oil business.

Pros:

What I like most about this software is that it is easy to use, it is adaptable to any business and engineering activity, showing graphics, images and text in presentations at a professional level. I have always had the impression that was designed thinking about the oil industry, most of the daily reports and meetings in the oil business use the PowerPoint format, in these are shown specialized schemes and graphics among others. The connectivity feature and direct compatibility with other Microsoft tools such as Exel and Word are very useful and save time in the daily activities and requirements of the oil business. In my place of work daily they request presentations and reports, using PowerPoint we can solve in time. I use this program since my beginnings in the oil industry, back in 1996, it was the PowerPoint95 version, since that time it has been an essential tool in my professional development.

Cons:

What I like least about this software are some graphic limitations in terms of bitmap image resolution and the high use of RAM memory that require the best graphic resolution vector images. Although these features have been improving over time, I would like in the future to be able to compare PowerPoint with a Canvas type tool in terms of the graphic quality of objects and images. Another feature that can be improved is the incompatibility of files generated in more recent versions of the program with older versions.