15 years helping Irish businesses

Nintex Process Platform Reviews

About Nintex Process Platform

Nintex makes it fast and easy to manage, automate, and optimize your business processes.

Learn more about Nintex Process Platform

Pros:

The system is easy to use and configure and the support team is generally very pleasant to deal with.

Cons:

Loading a form can take over 30 seconds. In addition there are a lot of frustrating issues in the designer: its not possible to modify or even to check the settings on references.

Nintex Process Platform ratings

4.4
4.4
4.3
4.3

8.4/10

Nintex Process Platform has an overall rating of 4.4 out 5 stars based on 286 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Nintex Process Platform before?

Robert
Robert
Head of IT in Australia
Chemicals, 51–200 Employees

Essential Automation suite

Comments: It's been very positive. We started with promapp, expanded into NWC evaluated RPA for future use cases and signed up to Drawloop for Salesforce to enrich our offerings ther. We have removed several old lotus notes workflows already and have integrated into salesforce flawlessly. It's a breeze to get simple formbased workflows oging and the support team are very helpful with assisting if you run into trouble. They also offer theri services to build specific complex workflows as a service.

Pros:

It's very much low/no code. There is a intuitive GUI to allow you to build processes/workflows/connections with little to no technoliogy background. We have implmented it and it is being used by non technical people to improve their own efficiency without having to ask IT to help. It is a very cost effective platfrom

Cons:

the only real issue i have with the system is that it does not integrate as well as it could with it's own systems in places. The Promapp process mapping software has inbuild workflow functionality but it is not built on the Workflow cloud platform so theri is no way to either connect that system to others (salesforce, sharepoint etc) like you can in workflow cloud or even to start a workflow cloud process from within promapp. SO there is small gaps that mean more initial effort.

Marianela
Marianela
Water Treatment Consultant in Panama
Chemicals, 51–200 Employees

Nintex, an efficient platform that simplifies the implementation of digital transformation.

Comments: With Nintex we can quickly implement processes that require automation, without having extensive knowledge in the area of information technology, on the other hand, the maintenance of workflows is simple, which allows us to make the necessary adaptations and gradually improve our workflow to obtain greater benefits.It uses a core design, which allows the reuse of previously implemented functionalities, and its workflow engine is fast, so in general, we obtain immediate benefits after implementing the workflows, in addition to its easy adoption in the IT departments. the company.

Pros:

With Nintex, we have a compact and complete start menu to manage the processes we have developed or simply review and edit the existing ones. We may also describe and receive feedback, or track changes we make as we optimize our designs. The creation of process flows does not require developing programming code, in addition to the fact that there are interesting integrations with third parties to facilitate the final user experience and incorporate administrative procedures into an automation platform that records events and allows us to measure effectiveness in our organization. .

Cons:

Nintex has incorporated multiple functionalities to support most of the common needs that we face when we model our processes and automate administrative functions. On the other hand, we can incorporate functionalities with third parties to facilitate the implementation and increase the user experience.However, we may need coding or customization, not provided by default, but taking advantage of the Sharepoint integration for example, we can incorporate document management with document library content, as well as manage the creation of custom records through custom lists. In this way, as we manage to have more integrations, Nintex will cover a greater demand for particular needs.

Semiconductors, 51–200 Employees

Good product with poor account management

Comments: This review is for the Nintex Workflows on-prem server licenses. It does a better job than SharePoint Designer on the process automation in SharePoint and different applications/servers. However, due to the drama on the account management side and the higher pricing to the cloud, I will not consider implement it in the cloud environment.

Pros:

The workflow design canvas also works as a documentation platform for the project release or even the audit review. With the purchase of license, we can create unlimited workflows with the old pricing model. We learned the new subscription model prices based on the number of workflows on the cloud, and the price is higher than what we would like to afford. I am glad that we only use Nintex Workflows in the on-prem environment.

Cons:

The thing that I dislike Nintex most is their horrendous customer service. Within a year of the license purchase, I have been contacted consistently with 6 different account managers and ALL of them wanted to know our company and learn how we used Nintex!?! Initially I talked to them, then I realized every of them is new to Nintex and I just kept repeating the same conversation to different account manager! This company has high employee turnover rate and is very unorganized. They provided me a wrong quote and blamed it to an employee no longer with the company. Though the quote had not expired, Nintex refused to honor it. After we paid. the tech support also issued our renewed server licenses to a wrong person... There is so much drama on the account / license management side of Nintex, which really ruins the reputation of their products.

Asma
Business analyst in New Zealand
Education Management, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Promapp review

Comments: Promapp has made it easy to see transparency between departments at Aut when the mapped processes were made public. Any department can use the links and easy exchange the processes.

Pros:

One place to store the process. Less paper work. One software does mapping and documenting.

Cons:

As a trainer I found it hard to train the customers who have used Visio for long time and are vision oriented. They found it hard when one of the end of decision point had to end. Promapp can only map processes with less steps.

Brittany
SR Associate Technology in US
Financial Services, 51–200 Employees

Great Product

Comments: We really like it and plan on keeping it for a while

Pros:

I like how easy it is to use. It’s very straight forward and user friendly. It’s also clean to create and you can link multiple objects to the page.

Cons:

Honestly I don’t have much negative feedback. I thought it was outdated until I looked into their competitors to find that they are actually ahead of the curve.

Chadd
Chadd
Principal Consultant in US
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

The Best Process Automation Tool on the Market

Comments: I've been an avid user of Nintex products since 2013. I started out as a basic user of the platform, to then building workflows and forms, to now consulting on it. Nintex is a really simple product to use. When you compare it other tools like SharePoint Designer Workflows/InfoPath, or even newer products from O365 like Flow/PowerApps, Nintex still stands above the rest. It's just a super simple product to use. A lot of the functionality is drag and drop. You can easily drag and drop controls into the designer. It's then easy to construct the settings within those action to fit your needs. The logic easily flows together. This can all be done without any in-depth IT experience. Any user in the company can be trained to use Nintex and create workflows and forms for their business needs.

Pros:

The entire Nintex suite is unlike any other process automation product out there. Not only is it a low-code, easy to use tool for building processes in environments like SharePoint or Salesforce, they have really started to expand their tool-set by offering tools to manage other things like process mapping, RPA, mobile. This list goes on. Nintex can do it all.

Cons:

To be honest, there aren't many things I dislike about Nintex. One complaint I hear a lot from clients is the pricing of the tool. It can be expensive, but like you always hear, you get what you pay for.

Ceyhun
Ceyhun
Credit Specialist in Azerbaijan
Banking, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Automate routine tasks and save time with Foxtrot

Comments: At work I not getting bored anymore while doing same tasks everyday. Foxtrot takes care of such tasks, saves my time and energy and allows me focus on important problems.

Pros:

At work most of our tasks are routine and almost same. Despite these tasks seem easy but they are very time consuming. Foxtrot Robotic Process Automation is like an invisible assistant who are doing such tasks behalf you and gains extra time to you. For me the best feature of Foxtrot is data capturing and transferring it to excel. Data capture and entry is the most boring task for me and also harmful for my eyes. But thanks to Foxtrot I automate such tasks. Another cool side of Foxtrot is that it performs tasks faster than me with no mistakes. Whenever there is a new task which is different from others I just perform it once and record it. Then whenever this task needs to be done I just play it. That is all.

Cons:

All is great but there is one feature which would be great if added. It is pop up and color detection feature. For example if I click any button and if green pop up appears it would be great if it automatically detects and perform specified task. If red detected performs another action. I Hope this feature will be added soon.

julie
julie
Coordinator Operations in Australia
Education Management, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Easiest software I've ever used

Pros:

The software itself is incredibly intuitive and easy to navigate and use. You can pretty much follow your nose to enter your processes in Promapp within no time at all. Of course you need to map out the process in the format of activities, tasks, notes and attachments first - that's the hardest part. Entering it is quick and easy.

Cons:

Not being able to go back to iterative versions of a process, particularly in the early stages before the first publish. Only published versions can be viewed and restored.

Ravi
Ravi
Sr. Project Lead in US
Oil & Energy, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Nintex Forms & Workflow Engine

Comments: Both Nintex Form & Workflow design and development is very user friendly including the deployment too...

Pros:

Creating complex custom forms using Nintex is very easy and user friendly...a Layman can also build the form easily...

Cons:

Many time the workflow didnt trigger immediately and it will take few minutes and says it is in queue...

Adam
Adam
Learning and Development Officer in Australia
Government Administration, 201–500 Employees

Processes your processes

Comments: It makes it easier for us to hold staff accountable when they don't follow a procedure properly, or say they didn't know how to do something in the first place. It also helps with handovers, as outgoing staff don't have to write novels on how to do their job, they can just mention 'we have a Promapp for that'.

Pros:

I use it to log and version control processes. Anything from recruitment, to performance management, to procurement, to policy enforcement. We store all of the processes in Promapp so that anyone in the organisation can look up a 'how to' on just about anything.

Cons:

The software does exactly what we need it to, store process maps :-)

Bill
K2 / UIPath Developer in UK
Utilities, 1,001–5,000 Employees

K2 is THE clear choice for a workflow product

Comments: I am not connected in any way to K2 .. I just use their toolset. I have been a contractor for a number of years using the K2 toolset and have had to contact K2 on behalf of many customers, to resolve issues etc. The K2 technical and business support is excellent. Whether it is a business or a technical question that you have, K2 respond quickly and effectively.

Pros:

As a workflow tool, i cant ee anything else in the market that compares. The workflow functionality encompasses just about everything i have need in several years of usage. Couple the workflow with the integrated forms (user screens) functionality and you have a great product set that can also integrate with just about any other product - out of the K2 box. Add SQL Server and PowerBI - and you have a product set that you can satisfy nearly any business application requirement that is given to you. You worry about scalability with alot of the drag and drop tools, but K2 perform excellently, running 1000s of workflows a day and hundreds of users on K2 'Smartforms' You can create 'wizard' type applications with Next, Next Next clicks .. or you can build your application from scratch. K2 Support is Excellent! very responsive, and they see the issue through to resolution. I have used the K2 toolset for several years with many different customers it is a great toolkit for use throughout all areas of a business.

Cons:

I would like to see a community version of the product launched, that allows anyone to use the product for free for educational and small businesses. Bring more people into the K2 world, its good software, make it more available.

Tony
Executive recruiter in US
, 501–1,000 Employees

Excellent tool for any size company to engage entire workforce!

Comments: Explore the different ways your employees can share and interact with the material in your Promapp library. Promapp works well with SharePoint. Promapp is a cloud-based tool and stores your processes remotely. Consider having a backup of material in case there is ever an outage. I can say to Promapp's credit that this is quite rare and they've moved to AWS for cloud-reliability, but some managers within your organization may insist on a backup "rainy day" plan being in place to access crucial material.

Pros:

This is an extremely intuitive system for all of the users within our organization. This system has a friendly user-interface that is very easy to read, easy to write within, easy to navigate, and easy to leave feedback. This is definitely a no-brainer choice when looking for a software tool that our work would engage well with. If you actually want your entire workforce involved with process improvement efforts (rather than just a handful of people trained in a more complex BPM tool), there's simply no better program out there than Promapp. This software has very robust features to get the job done. Users can opt for a visual map or text outline served up to them for any given process and the system remembers preferences. Furthermore, if you often have slight variations to existing processes, you can tweak users on the back-end so that they receive the variation most appropriate for them by default.

Oil & Energy, 10,000+ Employees

A good tool to automate your business processes

Comments: Nintex is generally a good tool. SharePoint with Nintex features seems even more attractive and satisfactory.

Pros:

Nintex is really easier to set up and configure. For end users who are actually not good in programming and who do have any coding experience, Nintex is a great advantage so that they can go to SharePoint Platform and create their own workflows which allows to automate business processes. As an engineering team, we chose Nintex over default SharePoint Workflows, because it gives more functionalities to the basic SharePoint platform and it extends SharePoint with new features which are not currently available in SharePoint. Visualization and overall User Interface are really well designed, which allows for effective user experience.

Cons:

However, the tool is not supported effectively, I would say. It has to be given more consideration and care when customers ask for help. This is just a kind advice to Nintex. The second of all, the performance is a bit slow and overall architecture is a bit complicated which it really makes it difficult to learn, implement and configure the tool over SharePoint. Nintex has also a lot of dependencies on SharePoint and this makes it difficult to scale effectively. For new releases, it could better if they notify the administrators, engineers in customer companies to be aware of the current changes, additional new features.

Manjit
Manager, web and applications in US
Higher Education, 10,000+ Employees

Excellent product

Comments: The benefits of using K2 have been different for different units within the University. Some users feel that they saved money on other software purchased and others feel that they have robust and fill featured automation

Pros:

K2 is a powerful and feature-rich software for automation through workflows. Several schools and departments at IU use K2 for custom workflows.

Cons:

There is a step learning curve. Initially, some developers spent a lot of time figuring out the intricacies of the product, but after figuring out how to maximize results from these efforts, the developers have created some very complex workflows.

Karen
ICT Coordinator in Australia
Consumer Services, 501–1,000 Employees

Feedback from Daily User

Comments: Our business has massively benefited from the introduction of Nintex Forms and flow and have been able to take some of most cumbersome process and improve efficiencies significantly. We look forward to implementing some of the newer features in the future and possibly some other aspects of Nintex as a whole.

Pros:

Simplicity in form creation, particularly with new version and the ease of linking to SharePoint lists. Love some of the new features I have seen and am waiting for everything to be in the SharePoint version. There are so many things i could say but as far as this type of product is concerned, in my opinion it is definitely the best.

Cons:

Requirement to know code for some things. Most of it is there but when it comes to specifics then I find it hard to find the information I need to be able to achieve something. I also don't find help material logical and it takes a long to filter to find the exact answer to sometimes very simple questions. Also wish there were more workshop/training opportunities around SharePoint form creation and flow. Lastly, flow is extremely difficult to view and follow when they becomes large.

Megan
Programmer/System Operator in US
Banking, 201–500 Employees

Foxtrot is an integral part of our daily operations and core maintenance.

Pros:

I love that I have the ability to completely automate my foxtrot scripts (schedule a batch file to launch foxtrot, foxtrot unlocks the workstation, performs the task, and re-locks the workstation). Mundane tasks that need to occur on a daily basis but are tedious to our employees are written as foxtrot scripts and scheduled to run in the middle of the night. Also, the wide variety of actions on hand when writing scripts often allows for several ways to accomplish any given task, and the act of writing a foxtrot script is intuitive to users with and without a programming background. We have used foxtrot to solve tiny, one-time issues as well as to aid in much larger, long-term applications. Foxtrot has become an integral part of our daily operations and core maintenance.

Cons:

I currently do not have any complaints about this product. Advancements are always being made and technical support is always friendly, professional, and knowledgeable.

Wayne
Manager Major Systems in Australia
Utilities, 201–500 Employees

Business.........finally catching up with evolution!!

Comments: Promappian Explosion' is enabling the business world to finally catch up with human evolution by providing a 'visual representation of what we do'....suddenly the language barriers between an executive vision full of concepts and mission statements and the grass roots processes to deliver upon expectations have a common visual and intuitive system that transcends the hierarchy of a company organogram by tapping into the human DNA and the way we interpret the world. The 'Promappian Explosion' has also given rise to what I call the 'Cultural Evolution'....regardless of your position you are able to identify where you fit and how you contribute the business, the realisation that you are not an isolated cog in a large machine but an integral part and contributing factor to a business' success meets another evolutionary desire, that of belonging and being valued within the pack, I and you are replaced by we and us...in the main we interpret our world through visual means but we express our thoughts and beliefs through our language and there is noticeable positive shift in the vernacular used across the business...about the business. ProMapp is being embedded in the DNA of our business, an intuitive tool that speaks a universal language providing everyone opportunities to contribute in describing how we do what we do and to then allow positive critical analysis and continued improvement whilst creating an audit trail and improving the culture of the business is pretty difficult to argue against.......evolution at work.

Pros:

Simple, intuitive tool that connects the dots of how we do business.

Cons:

Closed protocol ca sometimes hinder business tailoring...but understandable.

Peter
Manager of Strategy & District Development in New Zealand

Well presented and set out software that can be used intuitively

Pros:

It sets out complex processes simply and are able to prepared quickly. Allows URL links and document links; Can be scaled for different organisational size. Can be used for induction, risk management and health & safety/training. Can be used as a basis for testing. Can share processes with other organisations (even if they don't have the product) and can receive processes from other like- organisations who are prepared to share their processes and then adapt these to your own environment,

Cons:

It is a financial commitment, so small organisations may not have the capital to invest. It still needs internal champions, though it is easier to motivate staff to use promapp than most products and that require data and therefore effort and thought to keep up to date.

Gary
Continuous Improvement Specialist in New Zealand
Government Administration, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Review of Promapp

Comments: Only used Promapp so the overall experience for that is very good. We are documenting process to ensure staff (and the organisation) know what they are or should be doing, to training new people, to capture institutional knowledge, and of course push accountability for process and Risks into the right business area and to the right people

Pros:

Ease of use, presentation of content (except Risk Module), the methodology for content

Cons:

Administration tasks for updating Roles, Users, etc needs to have more bulk load and update functionality. The Risk module is causing a bad name within our organisation for Promapp in general. It needs work and our person who manages that module is already in discussion with our Customer Success Manager

Eric
Chief Process Officer in US
Defense & Space, 51–200 Employees

Great Process Mapping Software

Comments: Promapp is a very user friendly piece of software, and it is excellent at what it does. We have used it in our business to map out all of our processes, and it is easy to use and easy to read and follow the processes after they are entered.
A few of the key features of Promapp are the ability to visually see the process on a "map", and see the responsibilities of each functional area on a given process. The ability to use some value stream mapping functions is great as well. It also has the ability to link a process within a process. This allows you to build out separate, smaller processes that may be used in multiple different larger processes, and limits the amount of edits necessary if there are changes to the smaller process. The review and publishing functionality is great as well.
The Promapp support is great. They have always been very responsive to our requests.
The only reason I give it 4 starts instead of 5 for features and functionality is that there are a few features that we would find very useful that it can't do yet. Such as the ability to turn a process into some type of checklist so we can better track and ensure that people are following the process. There are many very useful features, and Promapp is very good at executing the features that it does have.

Pros:

Process mapping functionality and user friendliness

Cons:

There are some limitations with the software that make it difficult to track and see whether processes are being followed or not.

Caroline
Technical Project Manager III in US
Government Administration, 10,000+ Employees

Nintex for SharePoint

Comments: Nintex is the foundation of our workflow structure across a large organization. We could not achieve our SharePoint design requirements without Nintex.

Pros:

Much more flexible and customizable workflow solution for SharePoint. Much better form generator and much better customization for forms.

Cons:

Limitations on form activity. Documentation of form customization is weak. Some features do not work as anticipated.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 501–1,000 Employees

Implement Promapp!

Comments: The main benefit is that everyone we do is in one place, meaning that things are easy to find and actions are easily recorded to ensure completion.

Pros:

It is easy to use and works well as an entire system in an organisation. Using the different modules that are available allows Promapp to be integrated well. We use it for incident management, change management, process mapping, document control and risk monitoring.

Cons:

Sometimes it seems fairly rigid in what you can do on the system.

Sandy
Quality Coordinator in Ireland
Individual & Family Services, 51–200 Employees

A good value solution for a small charity.

Comments: Our overall experience has been positive. K2 is a good company to work with and they have been very supportive of our use of their product.
K2 is a good value solution that has enabled a small charity to develop systems streamlining some of our recording and reporting processes and procedures for staff. The fact that we have been able to develop our solutions in house using K2 means we have the ability to adapt to changing needs or legal requirements quickly and relatively easily.

Pros:

The flexibility of K2 is great. You can get it to do pretty much anything. We use Sharepoint so the integration K2 has with it is very useful. The new workflow designer is excellent and much clearer than the old one.

Cons:

There is a steep learning curve, especially if you are not an IT professional. Some of the documentation could do with updating as it is old and does not really explain some of the features very clearly. Moving data around between different forms, views and subviews can sometimes be a bit harder than it perhaps could be.

Telecommunications, 51–200 Employees

You get what you pay for

Comments: It's cheap and effective but you get what you pay for- constant outages and slow download times. The customer support however in incredibly responsive and helpful.

Pros:

The price of this software is incredibly cheap-no other similar softwares even come close. The customization of templates is super easy and not difficult.

Cons:

it is ALWAYS down- there is probably an outage once a week where someone cannot download a template from Salesforce. The amount of times there is an "Active Incident" blows my mind.

Dave
Managing Director in New Zealand
Staffing & Recruiting, 51–200 Employees

Useful Tool, Lacking personal touch.

Comments: Our overall experience with Promapp was great from the initial engagement to on-site training and general assistance in personalizing the tool for our business. Our overall experience with Nintex has been less positive, it is more of a corporate organization and seems to be lacking the personal touch we experience with Promapp. we have found Nintex very rigid and unwilling to work with loyal customer needs.

Pros:

Assisted in defining business processes and employee roles. Tied in multiple roles within the business. Inducting and training new staff simpler and more time-efficient. A useful tool for refining and simplifying business processes.

Cons:

Following a review, comments were required, this can become time-consuming and not beneficial in all cases.