Filter by:

• Overall

About Itemize

Fast receipt scanning and easy expense reporting on the go or in the office. Don't settle for standard. Itemize.

Learn more about Itemize

Arshard A.
Arshard A.
Chief Accountant
Accounting, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/3/2019

"The best finance manager"

Comments: When trying to handle year end taxes Itemize can come in handy. every transaction is stored in your personal folder, which comes in handy use when generating reports. Also, you can store all your receipts hereafter, there is no fear of losing any or hoarding a 100s of papers anymore. This makes finance managing very easy.

Pros: I need not save a bunch of receipts anymore for any unpredictable situations. I can just save it in the app, and if ever needed I can show use the pictures to show in stores and exchange my orders etc. Managing the expenses have become easier as I can enter the pictures easily into the expenses log.

Cons: The app sometimes crashes, which though is not a major drawback sometimes can be frustrating especially when you are in a hurry. And the categories are preset, sometimes we the users might prefer adding in their own categories.

• Reviewed on 28/3/2019
Henry H.
Financial services professional
Financial Services, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/10/2016

"Set your Business straight for year in taxes"

Comments: Your HELP HAS ARRIVED! Every year business owners scramble to put together year end summaries for taxes. Using the Itemize App. as a tool for preparing year end taxes is just like having a CPA year round. Itemize will record file every transaction from a credit card or checking account and file away in your personal account for year end taxes. As a Financial Professional client meetings, meals and entertainment, car mileage, and fuel oil are all dedications and I need all the help possible keeping this organized!
Thank you Itemized!
Hank Alaska

Pros: Organization of you business affairs

Cons: Not having ability to access all credit cards makes, like Cabela's VISA, Sears Citibank

by Itemize on 28/10/2016

Thanks so much for the great review, we have noted the additional requested credit cards and check in about adding them! If you ever have any suggestions or questions in the future please reach out to us at [email protected]

Christopher T.
College and Career Counselor
Education Management, 11-50 Employees

"Itemize Tank"

Comments: Pretty well thought out. Few bugs regarding interface but not terrible. Mostly in the way it works with Excel or Google Sheets.

Pros: Tracking of expenses helps a lot.

Cons: Interface between programs.

by Itemize on 28/10/2016

Thanks so much for the great review! If you ever have any suggestions or questions in the future please reach out to us at [email protected]

Stephen F.
General Manager
Construction

"Itemize APP review"

Comments: Found this app and thought it would assist me in organizing my daily expenses. For the most part, it fulfills by needs. Biggest problem for me is printing out reports - so far have had no luck with this aspect. Will continue using until end of year and if it assists my tax preparations, then I will continue to use into 2017.

Pros: Ease of use and convenience of having it on my phone

Cons: Difficult to filter expenses and print reports

by Itemize on 26/10/2016

Thanks for the review! Please feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] for help with your reports!

Rafael M.
Electrician
Construction, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/11/2018

"Very happy with this app"

Comments: I run an electrical business, so I have a lot of expenses throughout the year and itemize Able to keep track of everything. My tax guy loves it.

Pros: The fact that I don’t have to save receipts anymore the app does everything for me

Cons: Everything is working good for me at this point

• Reviewed on 16/11/2018
Joyce F.
Retail, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 10/10/2016

"Great to keep track of your expenses"

Comments: This is great to keep track of my expenses especially when I am traveling.. If I phototherapy my receipts as I get them then even if I lose them I still have them on Itemize.. Love it..

Pros: If I lose my paper receipt I still have it in Itemize..

Cons: I can't think of any right now..

by Itemize on 11/10/2016

Thanks for the great review and we are so happy to hear you are enjoying the Itemize product! Please feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] if you ever run into any issues!

• Reviewed on 10/10/2016
Oscar B.
DJ
Entertainment, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/10/2016

"Great App for keeping track"

Comments: I Love Itemize because i can keep track of all my expenses. I love how I can just snap a picture and it records the receipt. I will be using this for my taxes next year, and for the following years.

Pros: Software is easy to follow

Cons: n/a

Robert C.
Councilman
Government Administration, 201-500 Employees

"Controlling expenses"

Comments: Very key tool. I have normal family needs, plus those of an elected City Councilman. Lots of options you can customize easily for your circumstances

Pros: Flexibility

Cons: Learning options

by Itemize on 12/12/2016

Thanks for the great review! We are launching Webinars very soon to help with customer knowledge on the Itemize platform! Please feel free to contact us at [email protected] with any future questions or suggestions!

Sean P.
Realtor
Real Estate, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 27/10/2016

"Great Receipt management App for small business"

Comments: The app works well and is able to import all the details from a picture of a receipt most of the time. I have had a couple of issues where it would not allow me to change the name of the business or the industry, but it was not a huge issue. I would like if the pictures of the receipt were consolidated into 1 folder on my phone, not just in my photo gallery. the reports are nice and easy to use.

Pros: It is very useful, fairly easy to use, and is affordable

Cons: The user interface is not very nice, editing entries is they are not scanned correctly can be a challenge, I would prefer if the images it takes were stored a separate folder

Eric K.
Senior Business Analyst

"Works as advertised!"

Comments: I've used Itemize for a little over a year and couldn't be more please with it. Occasionally I need to edit the type of transaction but all other information is pulled from the receipt with very few errors. Great software!

Pros: Information pulled from receipt is very accurate. Easy to use.

Cons: Sometimes it times out before loading the picture. This could be network related though.

Francesca S.
IBO
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2/11/2016

"Useful Application for Business Owners"

Comments: Really useful app. I do not have to save all my physical receipts for business expenses. I can just take a picture and export it as a table with the total of all expenses at the bottom. It saves me time.

Pros: The export feature as a spreadsheet of all expenses

Cons: I do not like how I cannot see all the receipts for the year when I scroll down. Only when I export the spreadsheet.

by Itemize on 12/12/2016

Thanks for the great review! You should be able to continue scrolling to see receipts throughout the year, it just takes a moment or two to pull in your older receipts. Please feel free to contact us at [email protected] with any future questions or suggestions!

Trista P.
CEO & Travel Consultant
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/1/2017

"Awesome for on the go!"

Comments: I'm a full time flight attendant and travel agent and don't sit still long. This is the first program that I've found that works with MY schedule and helps keep me organized!

by Itemize on 13/3/2018

Thanks for the great review! If you ever have any issues please feel free to contact us at [email protected]!

• Reviewed on 27/1/2017
Paddy J.
International Business Consultant
Management Consulting, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 23/7/2018

"Simple and easy to use - great for freelance consultants"

Comments: As a freelance consultant I travel a lot, for multiple clients on multiple projects. Itemize allows me to keep track easily and create custom report quickly in order to bill my clients, accurately and without missing one receipt.

Pros: Very simple and easy to use. Does exactly as expected for a independent freelance consultant. After looking long and hard, this tool is the best for expense management - never loose track and quickly create reports!!

Cons: The app is simple and easy to use. The website version could probably have a little more functionality included. Concern is backups and loss of data.

• Reviewed on 23/7/2018
Mary F.
  • Reviewed on 9/3/2018

"Finally a place to keep all my receipts and in an easy to find place."

Comments: Tracking expenses and being able to access them at tax time and not miss anything.

Pros: Ease of use and no ads which is huge for me. Being able to quickly add the info and quickly retrieve it. I was able to track one of last eye appoointments by pulling a received from my phone

Cons: Really there is not a con to it. if I had to pick on thing it would be more auto uploads of choices for costs. Maybe have a household section or a kids section that way I can see how much these kids are eating me out of house and home in addition to my business expenses.

• Reviewed on 9/3/2018
Susan S.
  • Reviewed on 2/11/2016

"does just what I hoped it would"

Comments: Itemize is so easy to use because the app captures information from a pic of the receipt. It even categorizes the type of expense for me. It has even saved me money and trouble from lost receipts.

Pros: I like that it captures the info from the receipt. I like that it is backed up on the web so my info can't be lost.

Cons: The screen where you add tip amount is funky because when the number pad comes up to enter the tip amount, it COVERS the save button. There is no way to save & exit. So goofy.

by Itemize on 12/12/2016

Thanks for the review! We are having trouble reproducing the issue with entering and saving a tip. Please contact us at [email protected] with additional information and we will try to fix this issue as quickly as possible.

Adrina P.
Veterinary, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 27/10/2016

"Still Needs a Few Tweeks"

Comments: The customer service is "top notch". Issue...I had some records disappear from the iPhone app. I really wish I would have had an explaination of what caused this glitch. Pretty happy with the app but I often wonder it I will have records disappear again.

Pros: It's on the mobile phone

Cons: A few records disappeared

by Itemize on 28/10/2016

Thanks so much for the great review, if the receipt actually is submitted to Itemize the receipt is not lost, sometimes connectivity issues exist and the receipt is submitted and processed it should never disappear, if they do please reach out to us at [email protected]

Kelsiana M.
Business owner
Arts & Crafts, Self Employed

"Great organizing system"

Comments: I use this to keep track of receipts for my business and it is great. I don't have to flip through my book of receipts if I want to know how much something costs, it's just right ther on itemize. And I can add mileage witch is a huge bonus!

Pros: Can easily find receipts and track mileage

Cons: Can't change a photo after you have input the receipt and information

by Itemize on 26/10/2016

Thanks for the great review and we are so happy to hear you are enjoying the Itemize product! You can delete the receipt and start over if you have an issue with the photo or receipt.

Daniel P.
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 23/11/2018

"Meh"

Pros: It was somewhat easy to use albeit rather glitchy to use

Cons: The cost, the glitches and lack of overall quality, and the mileage log doesn't reflect current IRS business mileage rates

• Reviewed on 23/11/2018
Debbie S.
Sr. Consultant
  • Reviewed on 2/11/2016

"Good start but needs work"

Comments: I think this app has a lot of potential. I wish there was an improvement on the email scanning to not give false positives. Some emails that are advertisements show up as payments. Some items are not editable in the phone app and require logging into the desktop version to fix errors. I tried to use the taxable information recorded last year for tax reporting purposes and found that the grand total of the taxes was not equal to the amount of the details. For a paid product, support is iffy. I reported several of these items on a few occasions and didn't receive responses to many of my support questions. If you are charging for a product, it would be nice if there were quality checks to ensure accuracy. I shouldn't have to pay even more for, supposedly, more accurate reporting.

Pros: Love that it scans email for purchases so I don't have to manually enter everything.

Cons: Accuracy is not very good.

by Itemize on 12/12/2016

Our support is available to all users, regardless of their payment status. As an Artificial Intelligence platform, Itemize is consistently learning with the more receipts that are being uploaded. We would love to discuss your incorrect receipts, please contact us at [email protected]

Idral B.
  • Reviewed on 11/10/2016

"Regional Sales Manager Review"

Comments: Overall I like the app. I don't have any accounting responsibilities so I don't know if it is integrating with our needs there.
The photo OCR seems pretty good. I rarely have to adjust a receipt. When a tip is involved I always have to add that in.
I would like to see it do a better job in the text boxes. It doesn't switch back to the alpha screen after punctuation and doesn't capitalize first words. Annoying when on a smart phone.

by Itemize on 11/10/2016

Thanks for the great review and we are so happy to hear you are enjoying the Itemize product! We have noted your suggestion on the keyboard and have passed it along to our development team. If you ever have any issues please contact us directly at [email protected] and we would be happy to help!

Joy L.
Administrator
Accounting, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/9/2019

"Best Expense Management Program Available on the Market Today"

Comments: I love Itemize. I am super glad my employer added this to my tool box this year.

Pros: I love how this program automatically analyzes my receipts and takes all of the footwork out of the most tedious tasks in accounting work.

Cons: It would be great if it allowed you to use all forms of credit cards such as special store cards like Sears.

• Reviewed on 12/9/2019
Lorie B.
Self employed
Arts & Crafts, Self Employed

"Good organizational tool"

Comments: Helps to organize receipts without a big headache, easy to use. Very user friendly. I would recommend it to anyone that needs to keep receipts organized for accounting purposes.

Pros: It's easy to use.

Cons: Don't have any cons at this time.

Michael S.
Real Estate Investor
  • Reviewed on 8/3/2018

"I like the app. The reporting is good. I wish it would integrate with my accounting software."

Pros: The reporting is very good. I can easily see what I spent on each project. All you have to do is choose your filters and your done. You can easily export the reports as back up as well.

Cons: It does not work with my accounting software very well. Other apps connect digitally to the software vs. Itemize which you have to download a report and then upload.

• Reviewed on 8/3/2018
William S.

"Pleasantly surprised"

Comments: In general, I've found that the experience has been an overall positive one. My only misgivings come when dealing with larger receipts, like say from a grocery store, where many items are purchased and the receipt is longer. The app has had some problems in picking up the information. That problem probably has more to do with the size of the font/receipt than the app, but it has been a bit of a frustration. Other than that, my main displeasure isn't with the app so much as my use of it, which y'all can't control. My use has been spotty at best.

by Itemize on 12/12/2016

Thanks for the great review! Please feel free to contact us at [email protected] with any future questions or suggestions!

Ron E.
Sr. Systems Engineer
Media Production, 11-50 Employees

"Scratching the Surface"

Comments: I know that I barely scratch the surface of Itemize. However for my purposes, it works. When I'm traveling, I use Itemize to capture all of my receipts. Then when the U.S. Mail loses my expense report that I send to Corporate, I have accurate copies that I can resubmit.

Pros: Ease of use

Cons: nothing