• Overall

About Deltek Vision

Project-based solution for PS firms that combines project accounting, resource management, project mgmt, time/expense and client mgt.

Learn more about Deltek Vision

Product Rating

Product Rating

Usage

Sort by

Have you used Deltek Vision before?

Imran S.
Senior Financial Advisor in Pakistan
Education Management, 501-1,000 Employees

A Fully Integrated Solution Software with Great Features

5 3 years ago

Comments: Deltek Vision has a database where I can put all my information for each assignment / project. Deltek for me is a fully integrated service product that can provide Managers, Heads and other office staff detailed information about the financial status of any department or segment in real time.

Pros:

Deltek Vision has easy to use tools that allow all the operators – from high level Managers to back office staff members the ability to view and understand where the company’s resources and project budgets stand at any given time. Deltek Vision allows a lot of customization and flexibility that can be very helpful for any individual in his company. One amazing feature is that Deltek Vision provides extensive functions of project management all in one single program like expense reports, budget planning, time sheets, auditing etc. Managing work utilization is very useful for me because a lot of my team members are spread in distinct locations throughout the country who are working on the same project.

Cons:

A major flaw of Deltek is that the system's outlook is very outdated. I personally felt that Deltek Vision was lacking in the expense report department. Reports are very hard to export. Even so, when I export the reports to excel, the formatting is completely undesirable, and I must spend a few minutes to format them.

Chelsee B.
Billing specialist in
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11-50 Employees

Deltek Review from a billing standpoint

4 4 years ago

Comments: Deltek Vision is mainly well suited for project managers to view project data in one place and also for billing purposes. It allows you to view a project as whole or drill down and see a certain time frame. Deltek Vision could be updated to be more HR inclusive. Right now we can only use it for time and expense and also payroll.

Pros:

The time sheet and expense entering are very detailed and users can log time from iAccess if they are out of the office as well as upload to receipts straight into vision. It works great as a billing system. it's pretty straight forward and being able to run batches or also single invoices depending on your need is helpful. It has a wide variety of reporting and you can also customize report to drill down and pull the info you need.

Cons:

It can be difficult for new users and somewhat overwhelming. You need to be familiar with customizing reports to be able to get what you want. The default reports don't usually provide what information is needed. I really hate that we still have to use internet explorer to access vision.

Leigh F.
Senior Accounting Administrator in US
Environmental Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Review of Vision

5 5 years ago

Comments: I used Vision from July 2007 thru the present, my company was bought out last fall and we are forced to switch to BST as our accounting system. Vision is infinitely superior to BST. BST is an abomination it takes twice as long AT LEAST to do anything. I wish we could continue to use vision. It was more flexible, intuitive and efficient.

Pros:

It is intuitive and versatile and could be used to meet our customers needs.

Cons:

Compared to BST which I have to use now I love everything about Vision. When I had not experienced the contrast I would say there were some fields that you typed in that you had to expand to use and that was a nuisance. Or that in interactive billing there is a lot of gray space that I would rather see my data in. However, I had ever used BST before I would have be thrilled to open the screen to change the notes instead of 5 components to do one invoice.

Shawna D.
Product Owner in US
Architecture & Planning, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Performance

4 2 years ago

Comments: Unfortunately, our reporting issues over shadow everything else.

Pros:

In general, it meets our needs but it does seem that we are always being asked for customizations by our users that is not presently available.

Cons:

Reporting performance is awful! We have had a consultant come out at least twice for an overall health check and recommendations and in my opinion we did not get a lot of value from this. It takes a ridiculously long time to run many of our reports and it's a constant source of pain for both the users and those of use who support the product. We have worked through all the troubleshooting steps that have been recommended and it's still an issue. It seems that anyone I talk to from larger firms all have the same issue. It feels as though Deltek works well for small-medium size firms but not larger global ones.

Diana Y.
ERP Systems Analyst in US
1,001-5,000 Employees

Great product, customizable and great support

5 4 years ago

Comments: Centralized Project based accounting and reporting.

Pros:

The customer support at Deltek is great, they are always available to help you out with questions you may have wither technically or application use. Vision is also customizable, they have a talented staff that is able to help customize the software to your business's needs. Standard out of box features are easy to use and the company is always looking for input from customers to improve it's use.

Cons:

It get a little bit more on the cumbersome side to use if your a larger company, although I feel like this might in part be due to our customization of the software as well. As mentioned in my Pros, Deltek's support staff is always helpful in any situation so with their help we can usually work through any issues that occur.

Chelsee B.
Billing specialist in US

Deltek Vision

4 4 years ago

Comments: We use vision for billing, invoicing is made simpler and PMs have an easier time managing their projects. iAccess greatly helps PM's get a quick snapshot of their projects on a daily basis - which means more efficiency.

Pros:

Time and expense management as well as reporting and being able to drill down for PMs on certain aspects of their projects. The reporting functions well, and the batch billing is excellent for running large amounts of invoices at one time.

Cons:

I don't like that it only runs on internet explorer - it's a bit outdated. I also wish that it was more HR inclusive. It would be great if you could run unposted labor reports that included the billing rates which is a minor inconvenience. Also if you could run an unposted unit report as well that would greatly benefit the PMs.

Charon D.
Senior Project Accountant in US
Environmental Services, 51-200 Employees

Current User, Worked with Super Users

4 3 years ago

Comments: It has been a great tool. it makes me brush up on some financial skills that I haven't needed for a while. its useful for the whole company but I wish it were more easier to incorporate things as for all staff to learn.
Overall I love working in Vision.

Pros:

Its easy to lear, tons of data files to export and use. there are some very useful features. A company could run all financial aspects and management tools of their firm with this one system but for a bit of money. There are options to use this in the cloud. Training is available although at a cost. Many advantages, many uses.

Cons:

Would be great if there was a ease of use for non-financial personnel. More useable help links that really get you to where you need to be, less costly. Wish it was not going away.

Marie R.
owner in US

Great tool for project management and proposal preparation

5 4 years ago

Pros:

I've used this software for at least 3 years now, it's great for many things like project management and proposal preparation. It allows you to store and organize so much info per each project you might be working on. In my case, we use it for architectural and engineering projects. We use it daily.

Cons:

The platform is a bit outdated looking, but the software does its job which is organizing info. One of the main cons I would see is the creation of duplicates, this is a great issue when doing proposal preparation. Some people have read-only permissions but other who can edit often create duplicates, so a little maintenance needs to be done here and there.

Jennifer G.
ERP Manager in US
Market Research, 201-500 Employees

Great Customizable Solution for Project Based Firms over 100 and growing

4 5 years ago

Comments: Vision is an amazing tool that allows end users the ability to configure and customize the program to their needs. There are some limitations with what the SAAS / Cloud Option can do and definite delays with needing things done with when working with the Cloud Ops Team, however normal Customer Support is amazing. Definitely spend the money in consulting and developing the program prior to deployment, will save the organization money in the long run and make end users happy.

Pros:

Configurable, fully integrated ERP, project based,

Cons:

Being a cloud based customer, the delay in which the Cloud Operations team responds to issues and how they communicate.

Cristine B.
Business System Manager in
Management Consulting, 51-200 Employees

Deltek Vision is a great ERP!

4 4 years ago

Pros:

Project Reporting - Project review feature allows PM view their project financial information easily Time and Expense - Easy for end users Reporting - Robust reporting module Easily customizable - Can easily add additional fields, custom grid, and other information that is needed

Cons:

Mobile apps - The mobile apps are not user friends. They are clumsy for end users. Reporting is difficult for new users - New users need a lot of training on report. It is so logical it is hard for new users

Ken D.
President in US
Architecture & Planning, 11-50 Employees

Long Time User

5 5 years ago

Comments: Have been using Deltek software for our A/E firms accounting functions since the 90's. It has always done a great job and the Vision software has made our accounting work so much easier. The timesheet program is a great interface and tracks all our projects status.

Pros:

the ease of taking our labor tracking from timesheet to billings. Also like the easy to get reports.

Cons:

We have occasional issues with the invoice template being a bit too standard and hard to adjust for specific billing situations.

Jeff S.
Director of Finance in US
Architecture & Planning, 201-500 Employees

Could be a lot more user-friendly

3 5 years ago

Comments: The following is my opinion and I am not speaking on behalf of my company as most of my years with Deltek were before I joined Rockwell: I have used Deltek for over 12 years and my experiences vary by the module. Newer modules such as project planning or online T&E are notorious for being excessively buggy. For many years my company avoided project planning based on reputation alone. The latest version of the planning module also was introduced with a serious lack of error prevention and trapping - such as allowing project plans to be edited in resource planning while the user is in the plan. Although some bugs are unavoidable, they are excessive and notorious in Vision which is frustrating to the user. The help documentation is serious lacking in explanative detail and the search feature is abysmal - the results are often totally unrelated to what your search phrase is - and often it locks up before you get there. It is a shame because I think there are good features in Vision that people don't get to - such as workflow - because the poor documentation requires the hiring of consultants. Maybe this is by design, but it is too costly to keep doing this. The accounting module is an example of a module that is solid as are others. And I find the people that handle the help and chat services to be dedicated and as helpful as possible.

Pros:

Reliable for accounting and basic functions

Cons:

Not user-friendly and requires a consultant to get into more complex areas unless you have someone on staff that has sufficient experience.

Kelly ann B.
Director of Accounting and Human Resources in US
Architecture & Planning, 51-200 Employees

Deltek Vision - Review

4 5 years ago

Comments: I use Deltek everyday! I do love that I customize the system to fit our company needs. The features are plenty but the customer support not so much.

Pros:

Customize to the company Access via computer, smart phone and internet for employees time sheets and expense reports

Cons:

Customer Support not the best and the Knowledge Base Articles are very outdated! Must hire an outside consultant to customize a newly purchased module

Civil/Structural Engineer in US
Civil Engineering, 51-200 Employees

The basic functions of this software are easy to use, but it also has more complex capabilities.

5 4 years ago

Comments: I am able to easily input and track time, expenses, purchasing, and payroll with the easy user interface

Pros:

I like that this software is easy to learn and operate. It has a simple user interface in order to easily input time tracking and payroll line items.

Cons:

The thing I like least about this software is the complexity. When searching for specific date, it is difficult to set the correct parameters in order to find exactly what I need to find.

Jessica B.
Finance Associate in US
11-50 Employees

Happy Customer

5 5 years ago

Comments: Deltek Vision provides us with logical and intuitive tools coupled with excellent customer support. The features work as you expect them to consistently. In the event of a question I have utilized their customer resources, FAQ's as well as their helpdesk via chat, email and phone. Their customer support is quick and efficient following up until a solution is reached. Very Happy Customer.

Pros:

Logical, intuitive and the addition of requested features

Cons:

New features/changes can cause inconsistencies in existing reports

Casey A.
Casey A.
HR Manager in US
51-200 Employees

Great System

4 5 years ago

Comments: Our firm has used Deltek for many years now. It is a very valuable resource tool. We use it as our primary project management software and it has worked well for us. There are some areas that are not as user friendly and it can take quite a bit of effort to figure it out but once you understand how the system works, the possibilities are endless.

Pros:

Ability to add other modules as needed

Cons:

Some areas are not very user friendly

Brianna B.
Project Manager in US
Environmental Services, 11-50 Employees

Used to manage small to mid-sized projects

4 3 years ago

Comments: Ability to run reports in real time to view key metrics, tracking profitability, tracking timecards

Pros:

Ability to customize reports, the intent of the dashboard (to auto-populate key reports), window into accounting for aged AR and invoicing.

Cons:

Auto-titles for built-in reports are counterintuitive, and generally there seem to be bugs with the search function across several of the categories (accounting, projects, etc.). We use this in tandem with iAccess, and there are often clear discrepancies when running reports/viewing the same project across these two platforms.

Machelle Y.
Manager in US
Architecture & Planning, 11-50 Employees

Deltek needs to offer more basic training courses.

4 5 years ago

Comments: I have had no training in the software and have trouble finding or creating reports I need. There are no basic training courses in our area and I don't have time to read the entire help section. Deltek needs to offer more basic training courses, even if it is online courses. It would be nice to have some formal basic training or user groups in Nashville.

Pros:

Deltek offers a lot of potential if you know how to use it.

Cons:

Can't find user groups or formal training in the area.

Kelly G.
Controller in US
Civil Engineering, 11-50 Employees

Loving Our Deltek Vision!

5 2 years ago

Pros:

We love the ease of use and ease of use for employees who have absolutely no technological experience

Cons:

We know that it has a ton to offer but we don't know how to utilize all of its offerings.

Pam M.
Manager IT in US
Architecture & Planning, 1,001-5,000 Employees

We love Deltek Vision!

4 5 years ago

Comments: Product and feature enhancements over the past few years have been awesome! Keep up the good work and great support.

Pros:

Depth of functionality and continued product growth.

Cons:

Some areas are hard to implement into the organization, like project planning and resource management. If there were more how to or why to use instructions and documentation for these areas, that would be very beneficial.

Lori C.
Administrative Assistant in US

Vision - 2017

5 5 years ago

Comments: Vision is easy to use and to train new employees to use. It has been easy for us to complete year end and new year transition. Customer service is very helpful.

Pros:

Ease of use.

Cons:

Sometimes hard to figure out special reports, however, customer service is always available to help.

Anna B.
Data Analyst in
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51-200 Employees

Solid accounting software with plenty of room for customization

4 4 years ago

Pros:

It's a relational database in its root, sitting on top of a MS SQL database, so the flexibility inherent in that is a huge plus. It's project-based, which is essential for A&E firms. Over-the-chat tech support is a pretty awesome feature.

Cons:

Reporting could be better. It's pretty clunky and unintuitive, thus forcing many users to reach for Excel for the usual features. Other than the over-the-chat tech support, the learning resources are pretty scarce, but Deltek is actively trying to remedy that.

Patti B.
Controller in US
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51-200 Employees

From Wind2 toVision

5 5 years ago

Comments: We used a DOS version of Wind 2 back when I started as Controller and have experienced the transformation to Vision 7.6. A world of difference in the capabilities and ease of use.

Pros:

The integration between modules and the way that Deltek listens and makes many of the enhancement requests. Plus customer support.

Cons:

Sometimes bugs to work out.

Travis T.
Controller in
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 201-500 Employees

Great ERP Software

5 4 years ago

Pros:

Great project management software. You can always tell where your are on each project. We also use the payroll and it is great for our payroll staff to quickly and easily process each payroll.

Cons:

some of the fields aren't filterable when performing searches. Some of the reports are a little hard to customize.

Georgia W.
Architect in US
Architecture & Planning, 51-200 Employees

Not overly complicated timesheet

5 2 years ago

Pros:

As a user, I find Deltek Vision easy to navigate - in my own company filing expense reports and accessing a detailed or simple timesheet is a breeze.

Cons:

I wish it were more visually appealing from a user standpoint - it could use a graphics overhaul.