Sage Business Cloud Accounting Reviews

• Overall
    4.1 /5
    3.9 /5
    3.8 /5

About Sage Business Cloud Accounting

Sage | Accounting is a simple yet powerful online accounting solution designed for small business owners.

Learn more about Sage Business Cloud Accounting

Showing 25 reviews of 176

Bhanu M.
Technical Support
  • Reviewed on 12/8/2019

"GOOD EXPIRENCE"

Comments: We use sage for accounting. The best thing is we can use sage cloud anywhere in the world. the software reminds us of the payments due for the customers. Then we can call our customers. It's easy to use. It saves time. If your computer will be crash then our all accounts are fully safe in the cloud-based sage. It's easy to use and access. When we need any help then the sage technician will fix the problem within few minutes on the call with remote access.

Pros: a few months ago we use the sage on the computer but if there any problem with the computer then our sage data not secure. Some time we lost lots of files as well. but when we subscribe Cloud service it's so much secure and easy. Our all data is fully secure on the sage cloud. The best thing is we can access anywhere in the world.

Cons: Nothing, when we need any help the sage technicians help me.

• Reviewed on 12/8/2019
Terry L.
Photographer
Photography
  • Reviewed on 6/11/2017

"A very simple online accounting system"

Comments: The ability to connect my bank accounts is great and a real time saver.

Pros: The fact that this is online and can be accessed from any device is a real pleasure. It means as a sole trader that I can enter receipts while I'm on the go or at home when I have a spare few minutes. I know sage was late to the party for online accounting systems but they have managed to make a simple system and one that starts cheaper than the competitors. The second main feature for me was the ability to automatically connect to my bank accounts and match my transactions as this saves no end of time and is all included in the monthly price. They also have a feature which allows you download your transaction in a CSV file as well, if you wanted to move them to another system.

Cons: It's not as customisable as the desktop version was but once you get over that hurdle and change your way of thinking and acting then you realise they had a reason for making it so simple.

• Reviewed on 6/11/2017
Tarryn T.
Accounting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/5/2019

"Good solution for the small business owner"

Pros: It is fairly easy to use. It provides the basic needs of small business owners. Helps me with their tax prep needs

Cons: Navigation through the product isn't seamless

• Reviewed on 13/5/2019
Karen N.
Managing Director
  • Reviewed on 30/1/2018

"Almost has 100% of what we need as a growing business"

Comments: Compliance, ability to integrate different aspects of financial company data.

Pros: User-friendly interface. Good dashboard view.
Collaboration with external agencies - HMRC, our accountant & book-keeper.
Functionality has increased alongside our needs as a growing business.
Cost-effective
Excellent customer support

Cons: No trace-ability of emails sent - only a Yes or No view of whether emails (invoices) have been sent.
Cannot export XL data to our Pension portal (Big booooo for the Sageone!)
No auto-generation of a reference number for purchases like there is sales?! This causes us issues!!
Only 1 user allowed to access Payroll platform for our subscription

Jan K.
Operations Manager
Real Estate, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 5/7/2018

"I have been using Peachtree Complete Accounting for over 16 years."

Comments: Easy now to manipulate. I only wish I could input my bank information into Peachtree but it will not except it.

Pros: I have been using Peachtree Complete Accounting for over 16 years. It has taken many years to learn because I was never trained on the software.

Cons: My only issue with Peachtree Complete Accounting with Sage is the customer support. You have to wait hours to speak with someone if there is an issue especially if you call you have to just leave your name and number. During tax season it is impossible to reach someone. I once waited over 4-6 hours to get a response.

• Reviewed on 5/7/2018
Krystal L.
Office Administrator
Hospitality, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/11/2019

"Using Sage since Peachtree"

Comments: This software has helped us to have all the necessary reports for the government. We recommend it if you want a complete one.

Pros: It is a complete software to manage your business accounting. We have been using Sage since it was Peachtree. Now you can manage the accounting everywhere with the cloud feature. You can manage sales, inventory, employees, estimates, purchases/sellers, and so much more.

Cons: You can be confused sometimes because all the windows are similar.

• Reviewed on 11/11/2019
Craig D.
Creative Director
Telecommunications, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/11/2018

"Best cloud based accounting software"

Comments: Easy platform for non book keepers to keep a finger on the pulse of their financials

Pros: That you can have full access to all financial
detail of your business wherever you are

Cons: Maybe allow a link through for document storage to keep down the user space needed.
For instance if I upload my slips and document to Sage I’d quickly use up my allocated space, if it could link through to my dropbox where I get far more space

• Reviewed on 29/11/2018
Jimmi N.
Software Developer | Network Engineer
Computer & Network Security, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/4/2018

"It's simply among the best accounting management software I've ever used."

Pros: Its ability to send real time accounting documents through its automated processes saves the company or organisation a lot of time.
Its add on modules give users a robust diversity to customize the system to best fit the organisations needs.
Automation of invoice generation, Local Purchase orders, credit notes, petty cash just to mention a few to communicate with bank accounts, make transactions and additionally update the records is actually very impressive.
Great support with free training.

Cons: They charge the most essential aspect of it which is the ability to use multi-currency. You would expect this to be free upon purchase of the system as after all it is an accounting system

• Reviewed on 25/4/2018
Yanick G.
Président
  • Reviewed on 8/1/2019

"Complete product for a small business"

Pros: It is very easy to use, it has almost zero bugs. You can easily backup, import data. I like this product and I use it everyday.

Cons: The ONLY thing that I hate about this product is the speed of the software. I do around 1000 invoices per year and the application is very slow to start, close, export backups, etc. Could be really better. I use other product that are really faster.

• Reviewed on 8/1/2019
Charmaine B.
  • Reviewed on 2/2/2018

"Reliable software"

Pros: Well-known and respected company. VAT Return module is easy to use and works well. Inclusive updates are much better than old year end routines.

Cons: inability for imported payments and invoices to be matched up automatically,even when they share a reference number. Having to manually allocate every single payment is time consuming and frustrating.

• Reviewed on 2/2/2018
Brenna N.
Accounting Assistant
  • Reviewed on 16/1/2018

"Overall easy software to use"

Pros: It's easy to use. Even for beginners. I have used it for several modules and when training It was easy to understand

Cons: If you lose internet connection, you lose access. Sometimes looking at the reports is a little confusing and when searching for the report your wanting can be difficult. Customer Suppor -
Only good for bigger companies.

• Reviewed on 16/1/2018
Burak C.
Accounts Payable Analyst
Consumer Goods, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 7/2/2020

"Perfect with Reporting!"

Comments: When it comes to prepare and present an analysis to the management, Sage comes the first.

Pros: We use Sage Accounting for management reporting and it works perfect and always reliable and gives us a great understandable charts/graphics.
Also it is very easy to adapt and very user friendly and has never crashed during my last two years.

Cons: There is no negative point of this software and I have never heard/witnessed any cons from anyone.

• Reviewed on 7/2/2020
Ailyn mae E.
Finacd Associate
Accounting, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/11/2018

"Sage One for small to medium business"

Pros: Sage One is a cloud-based systems that helps the customer manage their finances accurately and efficient.

Cons: This app is very helpful and the customer service is very accomodating so i don’t have any problem with this product

• Reviewed on 23/11/2018
Omikka C.
Staff Accountant
Accounting, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 7/5/2019

"Great!"

Comments: I'd recommend, but maybe the desktop version. The cloud based version can be a little frustrating.

Pros: I love the ease of use of this software. Nothing complicated about maneuvering through to find reports I need.

Cons: Because it's cloud based, there are times when it crashes.

• Reviewed on 7/5/2019
Koos de beer
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 27/8/2012

"The Best Accounting and Costing Tool Ever."

Comments: I have been using Pastel Accounting and Pastel Payroll for the past 5 years. I have no training in Accounting practices and always had to rely on my Bookkeeper to advice and help me. Since I stumbled across Pastel My Business Online I am doing my own thing without help from anybody. The software is user friendly and written in a language that everybody understands.It allows me to make mistakes and the opportunity to rectify it without writing journal after journal. No debtors and creditors, you work with customers and suppliers - what is easier than that. When my Bookkeeper requested my documents for tax purposes I just gave them access to my system and within one hour they had all the info they need. BIG SAVING ON ACCOUNTANTS FEES. The biggest benefit for me as a small business owner is that I am in control of my cash flow everyday. NO SURPRISES AT THE END OF THE MONTH. My stock is no longer a headache because Pastel Control it for me. I don't know how I managed without Pastel My Business Online. I will use nothing else ever again.
Regards.

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 27/8/2012
Administrative Assistant
  • Reviewed on 16/11/2018

"Accounting for small businesses"

Comments: We use it for inventory, sales, purchases. It is easy to use once you have gotten used to it.

Pros: It is consistent and easy to use. Helps keep track of your transactions.

Cons: It doesn't import transactions on pay-pal.

• Reviewed on 16/11/2018
Chenxing Z.
Tax Service Technician
Accounting, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/7/2019

"Best accounting software for recent years"

Comments: My overall experience is good with sage accounting because this is the first software I used when I was in University. I found it is very easy to use and I can use this software to better manage my clients books and financial statements.

Pros: Sage helps people with no or little accounting experience to finish their accounting jobs easily. It also helps accountant to have best connection with client because clients know what they should enter into the software and exchange information with their accountant effectively.

Cons: People still find its difficult to do entries or do everything correct. In the future the accounting software might connect with the cloud to upload invoices and computer will able to scan and put things to the right account.

• Reviewed on 19/7/2019
Jackie H.
Charity Manager
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/1/2018

"The software has reduced time spent on accounts"

Comments: Cuts down on time spent on accounting. I feel confident that everything is secure and held in one place.

Pros: The link to the bank account and being able to download transactions. The support is very good and they are quick to respond to emails.

Cons: Don't understand how to use the invoices and have yet posted a journal. Not being able to search by description or amount in the report. Online chat support is very busy

Adonis S.
Presales Engineer
Telecommunications, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/6/2018

"Online accounting for small business!"

Pros: Sage One offers accounting and payroll system online for small business company. Sage One if very easy to use and process are straight-forward. By the time we are evaluating and implementing the system, Sage One team are very helpful and supportive.

Cons: Sage One if a good accounting software, make sure to collaborate with your partner and discuss your full requirement.

• Reviewed on 14/6/2018
Mandisi Q.
Tutor
Higher Education, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 9/6/2019

"Easy to use"

Comments: easy to understand and use.

Pros: I'm no accountant but I had to learn how to do my own books because I run a small tutoring business and I needed something that could meet my needs and a friend recommended this software . I tried just about every freeware that I came across but this one just worked from the get go. I also like the fact that I can work from anywhere and plus it's affordable.

Cons: There's nothing that I don't like about this software because it works, I love it.

• Reviewed on 9/6/2019
Sue D.
Manageress
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 4/2/2018

"Easy to understand and to use."

Comments: Everything is worked out for you. Especially now we have to provide pension contributions.

Pros: Everything is worked out for you. The wages is something I have to do but have no training so find this is easy for me to work with.

• Reviewed on 4/2/2018
Judy W.
Web Developer
  • Reviewed on 15/5/2018

"We are currently using Sage at my workplace"

Pros: Rich and robust software that allows for customization to best fit your business needs. Allows for multi-user access which make it very reliable.
Automated making the interaction between operations, sales and accounting to be seamless and efficient.

Cons: Function-wise the software is solid but i feel more can be done on its customer support documentation and forums as some issues have never been resolved due to poor support.

• Reviewed on 15/5/2018
Paco A.
Software Engineer
Internet, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/11/2017

"The best billing tool"

Comments: With this tool, I can do billing in a simple way

Pros: Its a very strong tool for billing. You can manage customers and suppliers and you have all kind of facilities to make invoices. By using the API, you can connect your own software with the aplication.

Cons: Although it is a very complete software there are quite things you can't do with it, like assign a payment to multiple suppliers.

• Reviewed on 16/11/2017
Amanda L.
General Manager
Philanthropy, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 4/8/2018

"Sage Customer Service is terrible, they will charge you for things you don't use or pay for and not refund you"

Comments: Shame on you Sage accounting. Small business stick with quickbooks.

Pros: It has Accounting features. It fuctions, but unfortunately the company has terrible customer service and will steal your money.

Cons: This company charged the personal credit card of a small not for profit company that had declared bankruptcy months before, because they had it on file from the previous year. Months after insolvency was declared and the employee had been laid off, she found the charge on her card. Despite many phone calls explainibg the mistake that had been made nothing has been done. Terrible company that would put a laid off, soon to be mother in this position. Shame on them.

• Reviewed on 4/8/2018
Vincent D.
Waiting
  • Reviewed on 26/3/2018

"This is not the most intricate of services but it does work very well and is easy to use."

Pros: The price of the system is great for the quality of services.
Can get the app on Android and iOS.
The versions are cloud based so one can gain access from anywhere.

Cons: There is no Payroll so you will have to find payroll capabilities from somewhere else.
This software will not be great for use in larger companies due to lacking features.

• Reviewed on 26/3/2018