Filter by:

• Overall

About GoCanvas

Replace inefficient paperwork and processes with customizable mobile apps. No coding or programming needed!

Learn more about GoCanvas

Jackie F.
IT Training Manager in US
Utilities, 1,001-5,000 Employees

GoCanvas Forms

5 2 years ago

Comments: We have replaced an older form program with GoCanvas and opened up options to other departments. Their support has been very attentive to our needs and questions.

Pros:

The ease of creating forms and end user experience has made rolling out the software , well, easy. The departments are in charge of their own forms and any changes which avoids delays they would otherwise experience contacting IT.

Cons:

Currently, there is not the ability to attach documents to the form. We have the need to include official documents to some of the forms that have been created. We are working around that by taking a photo which works in some cases.

Becky L.
Merchandiser in US
Apparel & Fashion, 11-50 Employees

Dependable & easy to use

5 2 months ago New

Comments: The reporting aspect of my job needs to be quick and GoCanvas facilitates that. It also needs to be dependable as I drive hours to a location and can't easily return. GoCanvas has not failed me.

Pros:

I can count on GoCanvas to always connect and have ample space to convey information to my company. It is easy to use - basically self-explanatory. You can go back and change information if necessary. Adding photos is simple and has the option to add from your gallery or take the photo right then. There is a note section at the end that is perfect for any extra comments.

Cons:

One thing I find irritating is that you can not move forward to the next page until all questions are answered on the current page. Often I do not get the information on each page in the order expected. It would be much more effective to be able to go forward to the page I need at the time.

Juan manuel S.
Network Auditor in Argentina
Telecommunications, 201-500 Employees

A great way to improve your efficience and productivitty

5 7 months ago

Comments: Great tool, immense versatility, top tier support.

Pros:

I cannot explain how this software enhanced my teams productivity. It's really easy to create your own personalised forms, it just requiere to know a little about programming. The custom automatic PDFs make our data completely understandable. And being able to export it to a CSV or JSON format help us build BI reports over other tools would have taken ages if we have used pen and paper, and later pick that up with a computer.

Cons:

The tool is not the cheapest in the market, but honestly, it's worth it.

Troy N.
VP of Operations in US
Construction, 11-50 Employees

Don’t buy and expect support

5 2 years ago

Comments: Friendly and helpful at the beginning and then the billing problems. Shortly thereafter support stopped. Have to wait days to get help.

Pros:

Takes time to make the apps the way you want it, but can be powerful with time invested to setup. Data collection is solid. Lots of different functionality, but still needs other functions.

Cons:

Submission reports are clunky and not as clean and customizable as I would like. No multi-photo uploads. Super expensive for companies wanting to scale quickly. They lock you in at rates for a year at a time and every time you grow they re-up the agreement without bulk discount rates. If you want support, be ready to leave lots of messages and then wait days for help. You will have to figure it out on your own basically. (Google is your friend.)

Devin O.
Devin O.
IT Analyst in US
51-200 Employees

The support that you receive if and when an issue is encountered is amazing.

5 4 years ago

Pros:

Canvas manages to reduce the amount of physical paperwork to such a degree I don't know if we could ever go back to manually doing the majority of what we use it for again without some *major* pains across all departments.

Cons:

While the platform works for most of what we would use it for there are some issues that are only evident when using it for various IT administrative functions; e.g. no fields for data formatting that is unique to an IT function like IP addressing requirements, limited support for handling handheld scanners, lack of time-stamping for what account has been updating what data, etc.

Paul B.
Co-Founder in US

We use GoCanvas everyday and wont go back to paper contracts

4 5 years ago

Comments: GoCanvas was the first and the only solution that we decided upon for our paperless contract documentation. We love the easy to use an app and the ability to scale with future employees. If We had one complaint it would the learning curve it takes to set up a new form. But once you understand how to build it everything is a snap.

Pros:

It does what it says and paperless documentation has streamlined our process

Cons:

The learning curves to build new forms.

Bayu A.
reginal manager - it application in Australia
Oil & Energy, 501-1,000 Employees

Doing what it's supposed to do well

4 9 months ago

Comments: It does what it supposed to do well for simple to medium complex forms/ apps. For simple form it has no issue at all. For forms with more complicated and high volume of data, it has issues with some limitation here and there, e.g. only 75 rows of data will be displayed on the mobile device.

Pros:

Apps/ form are very easy to customize and develop.

Cons:

Limitation to use big reference data. Not really flexibility on PDF designer.

Danielle T.
Danielle T.
Information Specialist in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 Employees

The future of data capture for businesses!

5 4 years ago

Comments: This platform is helping us streamline our business by speeding up the data and information flow between the field and our office.

Pros:

Our favorite things about GoCanvas are that it's easy to set up on the backend (meaning you don't need formal IT training), it's easy for our employees to fill in the forms on their phones, and their customer support is GREAT! They are always very quick to respond to questions or comments.

Cons:

I honestly don't have anything bad to say about the platform. We've had nothing but great experiences all around.

Dale R.
Treasurer in Canada
Construction, 11-50 Employees

Actions required

4 2 years ago

Pros:

Easy of tailoring and ease of use, customer support

Cons:

Require the following: 1) need to be able to have flexibility in sizing pictures 2) require GPS co-ordinates to show on pictures 3) batch down loading / printing by specific for large volume, work order number needs to be part of the file name

Logistics Manager in Australia
Construction, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Opened my eyes to the world of Mobile Forms.

5 3 years ago

Comments: Trialled GoCanvas extensively while coming up with a solution for our warehouses record-keeping.
Eventually went with ProntoForms and have learnt to love it and the many options I have to tweak and create new forms.

Pros:

Very simple to use. Powerful options for importing and exporting data. As of October, GC have come out with a Free version for businesses with only one user. This could be quite amazing to get users on board and suit the needs of most small businesses.

Cons:

Expensive for few users. We were wanting to have 3 Users (ie 3 Mobile devices) and pricing could not match alternate software offerings that I found. Though I would likely think if I chose this software long-term, I would grow to love its feature-set.

Nick P.
Field Operations Manager in US
Telecommunications, 501-1,000 Employees

PDF Editing

5 2 years ago

Pros:

Easy to learn how to write applications

Cons:

Many customizable features still missing

Jeff S.
Safety Specialist in US
Utilities, 201-500 Employees

Go Canvas

5 3 years ago

Comments: It has been a great experience from day one. great customer support and Go Canvas is with you every sep of the way to get it up and running for your business.

Pros:

User interface is great. All of our employees really like how it works in the field. As an admin of the product i like how easy it is to create an app and how much i can personalize it to meet the needs of the guys in the field.

Cons:

There is no "Select All" function for trying to copy apps. I have many departments and when i want to copy all aps from one department to transfer them to another it is very time consuming. If this upgrade could be done i would have no complaints about the product. I will go on to say that when i brought this up to Go Canvas they sent a ticket over to the solutions team and they did the transfer for me and it helped a ton.

Gregg H.
Plumber/ pipefitter in US
Construction, 201-500 Employees

Easy to use.

5 4 years ago

Comments: Paperless and newer technology.

Pros:

East to take care of daily tasks work orders, nice to add pictures of before and after jobs, Paperless.

Cons:

Using Different device with canvas, app are not linked together through you're email account- due to offline.

Mike P.
Dir of IT in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 Employees

Easy to create apps and deploy to devices

4 3 years ago

Comments: We needed to do multiple apps for our Security Guards for checking in/out of our truck as they come on the yard. Created the app in less than an hour, revised it quickly and had it deployed and working by the end of the day.

Pros:

App building is very easy to use and has a lot of functionality. Cloud storage and emailing of forms is part of the reason we decided to try this app builder. Covers most basic app options you could want and the PDF designer for forms is an added bonus.

Cons:

I would like more editing capabilities with colors on the fields or even different font types. I did post this to their community board and they were very responsive to follow up and consider the enhancements.

Dale C.
GM in Canada

Uncertain value for us

4 4 years ago

Pros:

Admin team receives PDF via email of field data collected which becomes a valuable reference document Easily adjusted and reconfigured

Cons:

Pricing scheme of per user gets very expensive. We had one user account that several employees would use to submit the same form. A busy week would see 4 submissions by 3 employees. Canvas insisted we pay for multiple users which in fairness meant 5 users at a discounted rate (depending on USD exchange)...simply not practical

Ashley H.
Interior Designer/Owner in US
Design, Self Employed

Great Document Sender/Team Collaborator

5 5 months ago

Comments: Great business tool to have, especially in smaller offices to transfer information quickly and effectively.

Pros:

I love how I can easily send important documents to other providers to have signed or co-workers with pertinent information securely.

Cons:

I didn't like the up-charges and other charges associated with it. It seems unnecessary. Other then the money, it functioned great.

Saad I.
CMEO Expert Engineer in Iraq
Computer & Network Security, 5,001-10,000 Employees

really its amazing

4 2 years ago

Pros:

easy to build ( app. & PDF ) easy to update easy to modify it

Cons:

you must use number keyboard for cell needs to fill by number only or litter only to be easy to fill the cell from keyboard without using keyboard that already exist in mobile

Jean H.
ASSSITANT PARKS AND RECREATION DIRECTOR in US
Government Administration, 51-200 Employees

The company has done an excellent job responding to my countless questions.

5 4 years ago

Comments: Use this before making decisions.

Pros:

forms available to staff on galaxy pad and can be filled out after an incident quickly. Also no stacks of incident forms on my desk. Awesome. Able to set up test runs while rest of staff learned the system and still be able to group rates if we wish.

Cons:

A bit expensive for small department with many users. otherwise happy. The system seems to be easy to use, no issue there.

Janine W.
SEO in US
Construction, 2-10 Employees

Widget

5 3 years ago

Comments: Efficiently capturing pictures and writing reports. Then sending them to subcontractors.

Pros:

The overall software solves some of my problems as a project manager. There are some areas that need fine tuning. If this can be done, then I see many possibilities for the application. So, far, it does the general work needed. It just needs some fine tuning for efficiency. I do not know whether I can fine tune it or whether GoCanvas should.

Cons:

Needs fine tuning but I not know whether I need more training or whether it is the product.

Cody L.
IT in US

Great platform and App

5 4 years ago

Pros:

The software is easy to configure, and can capture just about any data you are looking for from the field.

Cons:

The builder could have more features, and the integration features could be developed further. Overall not that many cons.

Jonathan C.
Fluologist in US
Individual & Family Services, 2-10 Employees

Change To A Digital Form

5 3 years ago

Pros:

- The platform was custom and tailored to our specific needs. - The transition for our customers is effortless. - The support team will help you with any questions or problems that might arise.

Cons:

Took a little to get small problems that our company need but overall I wouldn’t have any complaints with the ease of the program.

Phil P.
IT & Logistics Supervisor in UK
Food & Beverages, 51-200 Employees

Great Software & Support

5 2 years ago

Pros:

Easy to Use Fast to implement Intuitive Good feature set

Cons:

Sometime setting of the logic in the app can be a bit roundabout

Doug G.
GM in US
Business Supplies & Equipment, 201-500 Employees

Process Improvements

4 2 years ago

Comments: GoCanvas has helped us improved several key processes within our organization. We now have more visibility of several key processes.

Pros:

Two things - software was easy to learn / implement and onboarding process was very easy. Lastly, customer support team members are very helpful.

Cons:

At this time, I do not have any Cons for our application.

Fabiana D.
Graphic Designer & Communication Coordinator in Canada
Pharmaceuticals, 11-50 Employees

GoCanvas solved our paper problem

5 2 years ago

Comments: We solved the amount of paper that we were using on the event creating orders.

Pros:

The ease of creating and updating forms and the designer PDFs is very simple to manage. GoCanvas is very user friendly.

Cons:

Sometimes we have to triple check the data that we upload, the minimal error on the file can cause the app to crash.

Amber P.
Controller in US

Customer rep has been great to work with and program is easy to use and customize to your needs

4 4 years ago

Pros:

Easy to customize to your needs and great accessibility for drivers on the road. Love the scan feature so that we can keep track of inventory at lot easier.

Cons:

Data is not easily manipulated and there is a lot of clicking back and forth between screens. Wish there were ways to customize the screens of data.