15 years helping Irish businesses

About Quire

Quire stands as the pinnacle of modern project management software, introducing a transformative approach to your workflow.

Learn more about Quire

Pros:

Finally, I've completed my project management app search with Quire. I want the kanban feature and gnatt charting without the pricetag that comes with and Quire supplies it all.

Cons:

Quire doesn't have an android app yet and that is a big worry.

Quire ratings

4.7
4.7
4.5
4.6

9.0/10

Quire has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 229 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Quire before?

Emma
Emma
PhD Researcher in UK
Research, Self Employed

Quire is great for helping me manage my PhD

Pros:

It's very easy to use. It helps me plan daily talks as well as see the bigger picture. It's easy to add subtasks (e.g. keyboard shortcuts). I can easily schedule specific times I want tasks completed by, and can get sent reminders on my iPhone, which helps me stay on task. The fact that it is free for student members is amazing.

Cons:

I cannot think of anything, Quire meets all of my needs.

Renan
Renan
Web Developer in France
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Best organizer ever used

Comments: It took me a while to find the task and project manager that fitted.
Quire was my champion!

Pros:

It was all free first and being improved, developed continuously. Eventually it became even better.

Cons:

Pricing changed after a few years. I guess it was a bit of a disappointment.

Uchechukwu
Research Assistant in Nigeria
Financial Services, 51–200 Employees

My review on Quire

5.0 last month New

Comments: Quire is effective in managing task I use it as a research assistant and it works perfectly for my research work

Pros:

The first thing I like is the interface It's simple clean and uncluttered making it easy to navigate. No complicated menu or confusing icons there Everything is right where you need so it is easy to add, edit and organize tasks. I like the task management feature I create tasks set due dates and assign them to my team members for me quire I see quire like having a personal assistant without the hefty paycheck. I even go as far as adding subtasks and even sub-subtask this helps me to break down big research tasks into smaller, more manageable chunks.

Cons:

Nothing at all, I use the task management feature and I don't have reason to complian or dislike it

Jonathan
Shift Leader in UK
Food & Beverages, Self Employed

Not a bad product, too expensive to juystify

Comments: Not had any problems using the free version. Slightly annoying when it loses the filters when you update it, though.

Pros:

Good limited version for free, even if some functionality has been removed since launch.

Cons:

I hate subscription based pricing, its a total con.

Alice
Technical Project Manager in Canada
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

Quire: a pretty solid task tracker

Pros:

Quire basically just works: you can track and organize tasks, the mobile app is adequate, and you can even get fancy with deadlines and priorities. Solid free tier, perfectly suitable for individual users. By and large, the product direction seems unobtrusive and stable: no constantly shifting UI changes or terrible ML-powered features shoved down your throat. Huge win, really.

Cons:

I'm really not sure I would swap to Quire for serious, cross-team project management. Too much of my work (programming) is tightly integrated with Github, and the standards for cross-linking tasks and providing context is really high.

Retail, 11–50 Employees

More Powerful & Almost as delightful as Asana

Pros:

1. Task Nesting 2. Gantt View 3. Multiple projects and a single view for My tasks across all of them

Cons:

1. Dependency mapping on the Gantt chart 2. Task update tracking

Abdulrahman
Managing Director in Nigeria
Farming, 201–500 Employees

A exhaustive review on quire

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: I have a satisfactory experience using quire. it has really assisted me and made my job a lot easier.

Pros:

I use quire to keep record of employee data and contacts so I can keep track of of how operations are easily. it is a very amazing managing tool because I can share documents and task easily to employees without physically meeting. Quire has made management easier for me because I don't have to make use of large Amount of papers and spreadsheets to have a record of the workers and staffs

Cons:

I cannot find any faults in my very honest opinion, it features are basic and easy to use my team didn't need too much persuading to want to use it

Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

The go-to app for task management

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

Ease-to-use interface and sublist functions.

Cons:

The learning curve is kinda steep if you want to use it well. Maybe having tutorial videos will help.

Potix Response

3 weeks ago

Hi, Thank you for your feedback. You can view the tutorial here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUUmX2CaOr4&list=PL3CzHjyQmh4QtT7PcHOVS0Gs_P8rSmfcV We will have periodical webinars so stay tuned and check your Quire workspace! We will announce the webinar time and date there and via email as well!

Brent
Brent
Head of Techics in Belgium
Events Services, Self Employed

Quire review

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

It's so easy to use 1nd it has all the features you need. For time management and project planning it's a very easy and useful application.

Cons:

You can't message other persons/teams in quire.

Dennis
Student in Germany
Research, Self Employed

Easy to get started

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

The timeline view and the ease of creating tasks. I had a pre-planned tasklist with > 60 tasks and it to me under 10 minutes to put them all into Quire because it's very intuitively structured.

Cons:

Haven't found anything that I don't like.

Elise
Trainer in US
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

A Checklist on Steroids

Comments: We're having our Support team use it to track all of the little to large tasks they need to work on so fewer tasks fall through the cracks. I use it for project management in creating training content for our company.

Pros:

- Nested checklists - Ability to adjust settings for each task regardless if it is nested or not - Incredible due date functionality - Constant updates based on customer feedback - Free to use - Basic reporting capability - Kanban board - Many ways to visualize what you're working on (tags, statuses, due dates, descriptions, assignees)

Cons:

- Seems simple to use, but there's so many details to learn. Having training would be great! - Sometimes updates interrupt my workflow. I can usually learn to work around it.

Jan
Consultant in Netherlands
Architecture & Planning, Self Employed

Fine app and to the point

Comments: It is working fine both on desktop and on mobile! It is helping out getting to my goals

Pros:

Clear overview form the functions, simple to use

Cons:

Possibility for using notes next to the tasks / projects.

Ken
Director of Post Production in US
Motion Pictures & Film, 51–200 Employees

Great Tool For Keeping A Team Up To Date With The Latest Information

Comments: We work in a business where we have to be on top of things, we can't make any mistakes, and quick / accurate delivery of elements to our clients is paramount. By using a project management system like Quire, we can have a visual status of our various projects, with up-to-date information, contacts and specifications, so we can move at a quicker pace with significantly fewer questions. The support for Quire has been great, with quick responses and excitement over adding new / different features that we have requested. They also "dog food" their software and use the actual Quire service for their FAQ and some support questions, so they know what works and doesn't work.

Pros:

My team and I work in a high speed environment where keeping track of the latest information via emails, texts, calls and more is extremely hard. Quire has been a great tool for keeping the entire team up to date with all of the latest and greatest information. We don't want anyone to have to refer back to emails to see what is correct, so we make sure that we immediately update the project information in Quire and then everyone is on the same page. We set up a tagging system, so that our various clients and the various facilities we do work at each have a tag with a particular color. As we open up a new project, we will apply the correct tags, so we know at a quick glance who the important players are. This is especially useful as everyone on the team bounces around from project to project, so knowing who is involved and what job # to bill to is very important. Quire handles this all very well. Quire also allows you to attach small files, which is one the main features we use, and possibly the most important. We know that the latest spec sheet is in the project on Quire, so we don't have to search around for it. It keeps our artists on track and asking way fewer questions. Quire's sync is very good and updates very quickly when others make changes / updates. We use the web and iOS versions all day every day.

Cons:

I feel like the searching functionality could be improved, so when you search for a particular name or client or job name, it only shows you the tasks that match your search. Right now, it only highlights matching tasks in a long list. It makes it too difficult to find a specific old job, so for instance you can copy information from the old job task to a new job task.

Tushant
Animator and Illustrator in India
Animation, Self Employed

Simple, brilliant and beautiful!

Comments: Quire's biggest strength is its simplicity, and that has been a boon for me, which is why I've stuck to it. It allows me to plan-out my projects extensively and manage them at a glance, saving me plenty of time and effort in order to get things done.

Pros:

I've used many task management applications before for their various strengths and functionality in conjunction such as Trello, Keep, Workflowy, etc. at the same time but Quire is an interesting middle-ground. While it doesn't consist of the strengths of the other tools, it sits comfortably in between them and is pretty consistent with one's desired workflow. It's simple enough to quickly manage and navigate through, and has enough complex features for someone like me to keep track of larger projects, whether in a team or simply working solo. Its tag-search system is also fantastic! It allows the tool to get out of your way so that you can put more time and energy on your actual work. Another brilliant idea that Quire has had recently is to have an app-less access to your project via browser shortcut on smartphones. What it does is that it saves a shortcut your phone's desktop so you can access your tasks even if offline just like an app without having to install anything! I love that!

Cons:

While the desktop navigation is fantastic via short-cuts, Quire seems to be pretty clunky on smartphones. I can still drag around tasks no problem (except for my chubby finger not letting me see where I'm even dropping it), it's really hard to use it to create and manage tasks or plan-out projects on-the-go. This is partly what keeps me from using it on Android, and instead I still rely on Google Keep. Other things may be considered a "con" for some, even though it wasn't for me, but thought I'd mention either way: For one, Quire's strength is in its simplicity, so there may not be features that high-end project-management tools are expected to have, such as the Timeline feature. Personally I did not require it, because Quire's Progress Stats is fine enough for me. Secondly, part of Quire's simplicity aspect goes into how the tasks are managed; when you finish a task, it is removed from sight, therefore out of mind so you can now focus on something else. While it makes you more efficient and productive (provided you've planned things out ahead of time), in certain projects there are times when I'd like to keep track of completed tasks, and it's not really easy to do that quickly in Quire unless you decide before-hand how you intend to use it. But that's just a minor nitpick, so it doesn't bother me that much. Though I do mind lack of Google Calendar integration.

Mel
IT Project and Change Manager in Australia
Construction, 51–200 Employees

Finally a tool with kanban agility AND big picture structure capability

Comments: Easy to get up and running and stick to it. It's easy to end up using tools intermittently - oh I should get organised -> spend time organising -> get busy -> too much effort to organise ->oh I should get organised... So far, I've managed to maintain a consistent level of using it to drive what I'm focusing on rather than it being an after-the-fact overhead which is what most tools devolve to when they're too separated from how we really work.

Pros:

The thing that Quire does best is exactly what I've struggled with using tools such as Trello. Most of us don't get the luxury of being able to work on only one thing, and keeping track of all the different buckets of stuff without an overarching structure is a cognitive load that can become overwhelming. Quire let's you create a structure containing multiple buckets, create views (sublists) to work with the parts that are relevant for different teams, play with structures until it all makes sense - everything that makes it easy to manage competing priorities and swap "hats". Each focus can then be managed on a board view while maintaining sync with the overall list view. This has become my absolute favourite personal productivity tool and I'm just starting to recruit others so I can prove it in a team context - there is a Trello conversion which worked well for my personal todos but might not be quite as smooth for the mammoth boards we have for dev work. Oh, and, it's absolutely free!!!

Cons:

It's still pretty new so people don't know about it. There is an app market but few options as yet - for example, integration with Outlook is only with Todos, not meetings, and only one way (Quire->Outlook). I'd love to be able to add Outlook meetings automatically into my Today, Tomorrow, This Week, Next Week board so I don't overload tasks into a meeting heavy day (that reminds me - ability to do recurring tasks is built in, yay!)

Suzillah
Suzillah
Information Technology Assistant in Malaysia
Logistics & Supply Chain, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Quire helps with task managing

Pros:

My team and i manage to collaborate our task with ease with Quire, thanks to the simple operation that Quire implement for the task management. We can easily check the task process and progress on the kanban board on the dashboard. Tagging the task feature work perfectly, and i can using it to bring attention to my colleague for the task that they need to finish.

Cons:

There are some shortcoming in the communication platform, as the chat or message sometimes not properly sent and not receive by the other end. I need to close and reopen the application again for it to start sync all the information again and make the pending chat properly sent out.

Jose Luis
Director in Brazil
Farming, 501–1,000 Employees

Extremely powerful yet simple to use

Comments: Much productive team, that spends less time on email, and more time completing tasks.

Pros:

Quire has a very powerful tree like interface to tasks management, and it also is very intuitive, simple and elegant. The tree can be collapsed / expanded at will for each user, that can filter the tasks in many ways. Integration with Google G Suite is excellent: Same login procedure, Google Drive, and email of deadlines and all kind of notifications. Every information is synced online with all users. Simple to use 'red dots' signal the tasks that had meaningful changes. Quire adoption is very easy and straightforward. As new users are invited to projects and start to use the simple yet powerfull interface, at no time they realize they could use it to other needs/projects, and start their own projects/assignments to other users. Any new project we can think of is rapidly scathed in Quire. It's viral. Right after starting to use Quire, we've been dealing with much less emails and calendar reminders, our users focus on tasks directly on Quire. With Quire, stake holders only set notifications on tasks that they are really interested in.

Cons:

As simple and powerful, it's easy for new users to mistakenly complete tasks, so we need to sometimes review the 'all completed tasks' panel (or the notification email) to assure those are really done.

Benjamin
Head of Connectivity in Germany
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Easy-to-use platform with many functions

Comments: We are a small company and needed an alternative to Taskworld. Quire has fully satisfied our needs to track our projects. There are also interesting updates still coming.

Pros:

The surface is very intuitive, you can start right away and find your way through it.

Cons:

You have to be careful not to accidentally delete information.

Isabelle
business manager in Canada
Entertainment, 2–10 Employees

My new tool to plan, develop and keep track of my business projects and goals.

Pros:

First it is free! Amazing! And then it really helps me having a global vision of our business plans and projects, it is quite easy to use and all of our team members got used pretty rapidly to all work in Quire instead of sending chats and endless emails threads.

Cons:

Not really... at this point it is just a question of discipline and sticking to our methods for communications. Maybe a fonction to send directly to our email any mentions with a @myname in case the Bell sign up there is filled with too many notifications.

Nonprofit Organisation Management, 11–50 Employees

Great, minimal and very useful!

Comments: I find myself very well with the quick approach of the creation of the task, both in the list view that board (clearly the inclusion of the task in lost, especially thanks to the tree mode is really fast, also excellent possibility to paste a text and convert it in single or multiple tasks I find myself very well, I hope they never change but always improve, leaving the possibility to have a dignified and democratic free plan, useful for those who do not have to make projkect management his job, but do not want to die in front of a "planned" limitation

Pros:

Task tree, minimal, ability to customize with formatting and colors both tasks and descriptions, perfect switch between view list and board. At the moment the plan is totally free, I hope they do not fall into the same mistake as their competitors who will cut out the small non-profit groups that can not afford to pay such large sums (the competitors, as well as the programmed obsolescence, ride the threshold between a free useless tool and an honorable pro tool). I hope that the free version will remain identical to the current one and the pro will have additional features

Cons:

More than cons, I hope that the boards will no longer be in a drop-down list but viewed horizontally just like multiple excel sheets, in which there will be the various Kanban dividers (to do - on gong - complete). The chat section, which they call comments, is not very convenient. it would be useful to have it detached

Lorena
Senior Marketing Executive in Australia
Industrial Automation, 11–50 Employees

Such an intuitive tool to organiza your work!

Comments: We are currently using a lot of excel sheets, which means that there are various versions of files and manual work of making sure you don't forget any deadlines. With Quire this process is automated and there is only ONE source. This helps us to be more efficient!

Pros:

Quire is so easy to use, because it is intuitive! No need for long introduction sessions or reading a user guide. I signed up and /I knew immediately what to do. User friendliness is a main argument to convince the team that we can bring project management to the next level without spending a lot of time on top of normal work how to do it. Apart from that the tree-structure is great and it really makes the user think about their projects from the beginning to the end and what is required on each level. I just always have the best possible overview of my projects and tasks thanks to this great tool.

Cons:

It would be great if the reminder and email notifications could be customized more, so that Quire does not remind/notify you about everything at a certain time. Selecting with project I would like to be reminded of more often than others would be ideal, but this is really just a minor aspect.

Potix Response

5 years ago

Hi Lorena, FYI, we will let users customize email notifications in the future. That is, you will be able to choose what to get notified of. :)

Seth
CEO in US
Architecture & Planning, Self Employed

Quire Review by Willison Timberworks

Comments: It has been great and exactly the planning and management tool I was looking for. Keep up the good work.

Pros:

The capability to quickly and easily enter general and specific objectives and tasks and asign a date or dates to them, and to be able to prioritize them and check them off as they are completed.

Cons:

Getting emails from Quire staff notifying me if I have not used Quire in while, maybe a few months, haha.

Tejas
CEO in Singapore
Motion Pictures & Film, 2–10 Employees

Best Minimal Task Manager

Comments: It's my favourite task manager and second brain app, by a large margin.

Pros:

I like the fact that it's frictionless, minimal and fast, with a generous free plan and excellent paid features at a fair price.

Cons:

There are no drawbacks that I can find.

Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Nice software tracking tasks

Comments: I have many projects with different teams and I can see dashboards for each team.

Pros:

Is clean, you set up the dashboards you want. It is flexible for each user. You can build your dashboards

Cons:

Integration with gitlab, maybe improve some reports. Improve in members page with links to go back. Integration with SSO.

Borja Fernandez
Senior Manager in Spain
Construction, 11–50 Employees

Everyday use for simple task management

Pros:

Simplicity. I wanted something similar to Google Tasks

Cons:

Pasting information on Ios can be a pain.