• Overall
    4.7 /5
    4.7 /5
    4.8 /5

About Quire

Quire is a collaborative project management tool for organizing tasks in a unique nested task list, Kanban board and Timeline view.

Learn more about Quire

Elise C.
Trainer
  • Reviewed on 13/12/2019

"A Checklist on Steroids"

Comments: We're having our Support team use it to track all of the little to large tasks they need to work on so fewer tasks fall through the cracks. I use it for project management in creating training content for our company.

Pros: - Nested checklists
- Ability to adjust settings for each task regardless if it is nested or not
- Incredible due date functionality
- Constant updates based on customer feedback
- Free to use
- Basic reporting capability
- Kanban board
- Many ways to visualize what you're working on (tags, statuses, due dates, descriptions, assignees)

Cons: - Seems simple to use, but there's so many details to learn. Having training would be great!
- Sometimes updates interrupt my workflow. I can usually learn to work around it.

• Reviewed on 13/12/2019
Mel K.
IT Project and Change Manager
Construction, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/7/2020

"Finally a tool with kanban agility AND big picture structure capability"

Comments: Easy to get up and running and stick to it. It's easy to end up using tools intermittently - oh I should get organised -> spend time organising -> get busy -> too much effort to organise ->oh I should get organised... So far, I've managed to maintain a consistent level of using it to drive what I'm focusing on rather than it being an after-the-fact overhead which is what most tools devolve to when they're too separated from how we really work.

Pros: The thing that Quire does best is exactly what I've struggled with using tools such as Trello. Most of us don't get the luxury of being able to work on only one thing, and keeping track of all the different buckets of stuff without an overarching structure is a cognitive load that can become overwhelming. Quire let's you create a structure containing multiple buckets, create views (sublists) to work with the parts that are relevant for different teams, play with structures until it all makes sense - everything that makes it easy to manage competing priorities and swap "hats". Each focus can then be managed on a board view while maintaining sync with the overall list view.
This has become my absolute favourite personal productivity tool and I'm just starting to recruit others so I can prove it in a team context - there is a Trello conversion which worked well for my personal todos but might not be quite as smooth for the mammoth boards we have for dev work.
Oh, and, it's absolutely free!!!

Cons: It's still pretty new so people don't know about it. There is an app market but few options as yet - for example, integration with Outlook is only with Todos, not meetings, and only one way (Quire->Outlook). I'd love to be able to add Outlook meetings automatically into my Today, Tomorrow, This Week, Next Week board so I don't overload tasks into a meeting heavy day (that reminds me - ability to do recurring tasks is built in, yay!)

• Reviewed on 31/7/2020
Zach B.
Student
  • Reviewed on 11/4/2018

"Great To-Do list with excellent features and phenomenal customer support"

Comments: The ability to organize my tasks more efficiently than ever before

Pros: The hierarchical ordering of tasks has allowed me to break down my to-do list into extremely organized and manageable goals. The additional functionality of Quire (priority setting, tags, filtered and sorted views, etc.) only adds to their already fantastic platform. Additionally, their customer service is out of this world. Within several days of signing up for Quire, Crystal, a member of their team, reached out to me via email asking how I was liking the product. I responded with a question that was answered within 15 minutes (at 10pm no less). I then responded, adding that I thought the addition of data regarding the time spent on tasks would be helpful, and Crystal emailed back writing that Quire will add a timer feature for such a purpose. Overall, I'm extremely happy with the software and can't wait to see it progress as its popularity increases (as I'm sure it will).

Cons: The only thing I would like to see that currently does not exist is the aforementioned timing data for tasks. As I said in my pro column, when I mentioned this to Crystal, I got a quick response saying that a feature would be added, so I can't say I even have any cons.

• Reviewed on 11/4/2018
Aditya P.
Student
Higher Education, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 3/1/2019

"Amazing tool for organising!"

Comments: Using quire in day to day life, has tremendously increased productivity.! Whether it be for a family chore planning or for planning college projects.! It is completely equipped for proper, clean, uncluttered collaboration!

Pros: The nested view as well as Kanban board view, for the same tasks!
Amazing filter and sort capabilities.
Seamless collaboration.! With external members/clients also!
Android client is fully functional!
Calendar sync available.
Completely free as of now.!

Cons: No Gantt charts.
Calendar view not present.(Calendar view feature in progress though)

• Reviewed on 3/1/2019
Zachary C.
Software Developer
  • Reviewed on 15/8/2019

"Quire is Outstanding"

Comments: Quire has done a great job with helping me organize work for clients. The combination of a sleek UI (thank you dark theme!!) and simple functionality has made this a go-to utility for both my clients and myself.

Pros: Ease of use, helpful tutorial, great support. Couldn't have found a better solution for our task-tracking needs.

Cons: Lack of time tracking (like Jira's time sheets)

• Reviewed on 15/8/2019
Jamie D.
Software Development Manager
  • Reviewed on 26/3/2019

"+1 for hierarchical task management"

Comments: Someone finally gets it!! Gives great peace of mind to lay out what I have to do in a well-organized fashion and I love the simplicity of the app. Great software.

Pros: It’s brilliant how tasks are easily hierarchically organized! Very much in line with the natural way to do things, orienting around the goal, and segmenting complexity into simple sub-tasks. I feel that I’m capable of doing anything if I just break it into pieces and work back up

Cons: Like every other todo app, I find that boards are somewhat awkward. It would be nice if boards were implicit at a particular point in the hierarchy and that you could zoom in to see sub-boards But, it’s perfectly usable and better than any other I’ve seen!!

• Reviewed on 26/3/2019
Danny S.
Apparel & Fashion, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/4/2018

"Great Task Management and easy to use"

Comments: able to managed task between members

Pros: easy to work with between internal team members and freelancers. Great Task management app to have. It great that Projects are assigned under Organisation in a Hierarchy format, which is making it easier to navigate. I want to suggest that number of task to be displayed at all times and no need to hoover over the project to see the number of active task.
Overall I will stay with QUIRE

Cons: Quota of 30 per organisation. need ability to Activate and Deactivate members of an organisation. because we are working with lots of freelancers and not all freelancers are at the project all the time. Therefore should only count the quota based on active members

• Reviewed on 28/4/2018
Vaibhav G.
program manager
Management Consulting, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 22/8/2017

"Quire helps me manage and complete my daily professional and personal tasks successfully."

Comments: task management, project management, team management, reminders

Pros: Quire is really easy to use, intuitive in action with a great user interface. Overall it is smooth and fluid with great features.

Cons: Quire is really good for project task management but it still doesn't have the critical path methodology.

• Reviewed on 22/8/2017
Thiago G.
IT Manager
Food Production, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/9/2017

"It helps me to manage a huge amount of tasks in a logical way, without being too worried about time."

Comments: Time management was extremely improved.

Pros: E-mail notifications, Google Drive integration, External teams, Multiples ways to define a deadline and recurrent tasks.

Cons: I think tags should be per project and users may have their own tags only visible to them to organize their personal Quire.

• Reviewed on 27/9/2017
Cherlyn C.
Heartbreak Whisperer
Professional Training & Coaching, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 17/11/2018

"You really can't beat free"

Pros: The developers of Quire has generously provided us with the ability to use their software for free, and it's on par with other paid software out there. Quire is very minimalistic and simple to use. There's nothing over complicated.. just pure focus. I like how tasks are structure in a "tree-like" manner and how easy it is to be followed up.

Cons: My only gripe is that they don't have a desktop application and that I have to rely on logging into the site or using the Chrome extension. Of course, this is all for free, so I can't really complain.

• Reviewed on 17/11/2018
Intern
Publishing, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 9/10/2018

"Quire: Another Team Management Software"

Comments: Pretty basic, but pretty good.

Pros: I like how Quire is easy to set up, use and explain to colleagues. Several of my coworkers are new to the whole technology thing and have trouble working products like this, so it was nice to be able to give a quick tutorial on this one.

Cons: It doesn't do much to stand out from other task management or team-collaborative software. Slack and Samepage do essentially the same thing.

• Reviewed on 9/10/2018
Portfolio Manager
Real Estate, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/1/2019

"Great for the price!"

Comments: I really enjoyed using it.

Pros: I loved that it was intuitive. Excellent chart to keep track of week's tasks and incoming and outgoing projects. Nice menu that feeds your tasks to you so that you never have to guess what comes next. They have great boards for ease of visual organizing.

Cons: There are no historicals past one week, so you can't ever pull a report of what you have accomplished.

• Reviewed on 25/1/2019
Aditya D.
Acquisition Editor
Publishing, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/8/2017

"Quire is a great way for managing tasks and projects. It helps me manage my deadlines."

Pros: - Deadlines are a great way of implementing time management in all the projects.
- Projects creation is very easy and with great privacy features.
- Email reminders are a good thing to bring you back on track.

Cons: - The interface can be a bit more interesting. It is a bit pale with not much interactivity or colors. The experience using this tool can be more engaging.

• Reviewed on 28/8/2017
Emmanuel C.
Freelancer
  • Reviewed on 21/2/2021

"Improves team productivity"

Comments: Makes work easy and organized with it's simple interface

Pros: The interface is simple to use and has unlimited tasks and subtasks which allows the user to break down chunks of information and categorize them

Cons: Lacks built-in chats and a little short on a variety of themes to pick from. It makes work much much easier still.

• Reviewed on 21/2/2021
Tom E.

"Simple, easy to use"

Comments: Quire isn't trying to take over all the software in your office. It's just a good, simple way of managing what you have to do next and who has to do it. Hook it up to Google Drive and save all the pertinent files for each stage and it's a fantastic resource for after your project is done, too. Client doesn't remember signing off on that 17th change request? Let me just go find that stage in the process, click the link to the file on drive, and there ya go. Got a new person on the team? Take them through a complete process, then let them use it as documentation going forward. Super useful, super simple, and very customizable. Also, their team is responsive, helpful, and nice. Highly recommended service.

Ana paula A.
Businesswoman
Food & Beverages, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 6/5/2018

"Simple Checklist"

Pros: Very simple checklists. It lets you add files to lists and have a little chat to each task where you can discuss the task.

Cons: Some features are kind of hidden. It's very simple to do the basic stuff, but it takes a while for you to find everything

• Reviewed on 6/5/2018
Joe G.
  • Reviewed on 4/8/2015

"Quire is what I've needed all along: mapping out complex tasks, simply and elegantly."

Comments: After watching this TED talk: http://ed.ted.com/on/OQFsvelw in January, I knew I needed to find a new system for managing my projects. Spreadsheets didn't work, task lists didn't work. So far there's nothing about Quire I would change! and it works great from my cell phone browser, and their customer service rep tells me there's Android & iOS apps in the works.

• Reviewed on 4/8/2015
Gual E.

"Great App!"

Comments: I started using Quire a couple of months ago, it is very easy to use and it works great! Also, I contacted them for a couple of doubts and suggestions and they were very very open to what I had to say.

Ken P.
Director of Post Production
Motion Pictures & Film, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 1/5/2019

"Great Tool For Keeping A Team Up To Date With The Latest Information"

Comments: We work in a business where we have to be on top of things, we can't make any mistakes, and quick / accurate delivery of elements to our clients is paramount. By using a project management system like Quire, we can have a visual status of our various projects, with up-to-date information, contacts and specifications, so we can move at a quicker pace with significantly fewer questions. The support for Quire has been great, with quick responses and excitement over adding new / different features that we have requested. They also "dog food" their software and use the actual Quire service for their FAQ and some support questions, so they know what works and doesn't work.

Pros: My team and I work in a high speed environment where keeping track of the latest information via emails, texts, calls and more is extremely hard. Quire has been a great tool for keeping the entire team up to date with all of the latest and greatest information. We don't want anyone to have to refer back to emails to see what is correct, so we make sure that we immediately update the project information in Quire and then everyone is on the same page. We set up a tagging system, so that our various clients and the various facilities we do work at each have a tag with a particular color. As we open up a new project, we will apply the correct tags, so we know at a quick glance who the important players are. This is especially useful as everyone on the team bounces around from project to project, so knowing who is involved and what job # to bill to is very important. Quire handles this all very well. Quire also allows you to attach small files, which is one the main features we use, and possibly the most important. We know that the latest spec sheet is in the project on Quire, so we don't have to search around for it. It keeps our artists on track and asking way fewer questions. Quire's sync is very good and updates very quickly when others make changes / updates. We use the web and iOS versions all day every day.

Cons: I feel like the searching functionality could be improved, so when you search for a particular name or client or job name, it only shows you the tasks that match your search. Right now, it only highlights matching tasks in a long list. It makes it too difficult to find a specific old job, so for instance you can copy information from the old job task to a new job task.

• Reviewed on 1/5/2019
Jefe de Proyecto Facturación Electrónica
  • Reviewed on 30/6/2020

"Nice software tracking tasks"

Comments: I have many projects with different teams and I can see dashboards for each team.

Pros: Is clean, you set up the dashboards you want. It is flexible for each user. You can build your dashboards

Cons: Integration with gitlab, maybe improve some reports. Improve in members page with links to go back.
Integration with SSO.

• Reviewed on 30/6/2020
Akshay N.
Software Developer
  • Reviewed on 15/3/2018

"Among the various task management software apps available, Quire is a gem!"

Pros: * Easy to use
* Can define a task along with all its attributes (tag, due date, assignee) in a single line without any mouse clicks
* Keyboard shortcuts (you don't have to use the mouse!)
* Markdown support (this is fantastic!)
* Search and filtering capability
* Tagging capability
* Can set priorities for tasks
* Can set due dates and set reminder times
* Can highlight text, color text
* Hierarchical management (organization, project, tasks)
* Ability to move tasks between projects
* If using in a team, easy to set assignees
* Extremely responsive customer support (5 stars)
* Feels very lightweight! (personal opinion)
* Can set 'In Progress' and 'Complete' for tasks
* Can attach local files and files from Google Drive
* Available on iOS, Android and Web
What am I missing??? :)
Oh yes! All this and yet it's Free! :)

Cons: Nothing comes to mind!
* Over time I'd like to see different ways of viewing the same data, for e.g. Kanban Style, Gantt chart etc.
* In addition to due date, I'd like to set the reminder time while entering a task itself.

Ahmed B.
Founder/M. Dirctor
  • Reviewed on 19/9/2017

"As easy as using Notepad, as powerful as Word."

Comments: Our tasks and projects has been streamlined. I am so impressed that I even use it on a personal level with my own children.

Pros: There are many things that I like about Quire. The first is how easy for us to get started. I also like that I could have a chat/notes for every task and sub-tasks. I love the integration with Google Drive and Google Calendar.

Cons: I would like to see some integration with Dropbox will be great. I also think the interface needs to be slightly better.

• Reviewed on 19/9/2017
Dominic P.
Senior Manager - New Product Development
E-Learning, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/8/2017

"I have really loved using Quire after trying so many different PM tools. Has made my work so easy!!!"

Comments: This software has made my overall work really easy to manage.

Pros: I like Quire unlimited subtasks feature as it allows me to break a bigger problem to small chunks and then accordingly manage the tasks.

Cons: Missing native android app and lack of calendar feature. Additionally, I would like to have a feature in Quire where I can view all tasks in at least 10 projects. The current limit is 5!

• Reviewed on 21/8/2017
Diego D.
Gerende de Desenvolvimento de Software
51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/3/2018

"This product is realy easy to use."

Comments: It helps me a lot to manage my tasks

Pros: 1. It is very easy to use
2. You can do almost everything in a single page
3. They have mobile solution
4. Login with you e-mail
5. Don't have limit for the size of the team
6. Integration with slack

Cons: 1. The graphics are not the bests
2. They just have two themes (Light and Dark)
3. There is nothing more I can tell about it

Mark E.
Web Developer
  • Reviewed on 17/8/2017

"Flexible and easy to use!"

Comments: Flexibility and easy of use. I much prefer the original web design, but the way it is right now is absolutely fine. It's still simple and intuitive to use.

Pros: I like it's versatility and how it's so simple to use. I work in teams on projects with dozens and sometimes hundreds of tasks, and I find this software really useful and stress-relieving.

• Reviewed on 17/8/2017