• Overall

About Caspio

Caspio is the world's leading NO-CODE platform for building online database applications without having to write code.

Learn more about Caspio

Product Rating

Product Rating

Usage

Sort by

Have you used Caspio before?

Craig R.
US

Great potential, but stay away if you're not an enterprise client

3 3 years ago

Pros:

- Basic database builder tools have more built-in options than similar software, so it's easier and faster to build more complex setups - If you don't know code, the interface and logic is very close to MS Excel, so the learning curve isn't too bad - Easy to embed and publish applications - Has an unlimited app user model (though not administrators), which is superior to other database app builders that limit user capabilities and charge based on users. This is ideal for customer-facing applications where users need to be able to more advanced functions outside of simply viewing. - Offer a free plan that is fairly well featured, though would only be useful for internal or personal apps

Cons:

- Pricing structure is highly frustrating for a small business user or team. Basic paid plans have no access to APIs, Zapier, or automation/importing, which is high for the base plan compared to similar apps. To get those features, the next level jumps over 4x higher. - "Datapages" allotted for each plan (which is the foundation of the app) are misleading since similar competitors use an allowed number of "apps". Some basic applications in Caspio need 10-20 data pages, but the basic plan only allows 5. Ultimately a large amount of time was spent figuring out how to cut out pages and combine features, killing user experience. - Had a bad experience with customer support (sales) when I accidentally deleted an entire table. Was informed that as a basic/free trial user they would have to charge me to get the table back, even though it existed. And days saved was only a few, so had to quickly decide. They were not sympathetic to my plight even as I was in the evaluation stage. - If you're a major enterprise with a large budget and some programmers, Caspio may be an ideal solution. If you're a small business, be very careful when evaluating and I'd recommend looking elsewhere. The subscription models and definitions are confusing and you may find yourself with an app built during the free trial and realizing you can't possibly afford to launch it.

Karen W.
Consultant in US
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Caspio is a robust, affordable option for organizations without in-house IT!

5 2 years ago

Comments: A software developer for over 20 years, I help small to medium-sized organizations, mostly nonprofits, find affordable software that supports their business processes. I found Caspio when I was searching the marketplace for a low-code platform that could be used to build a type of software that does not exist in the marketplace and it allowed an organization to build their dream application in a matter of months....custom software at an off-the-shelf price! I have been impressed with all the options available as well as the excellent online documentation and customer service of the Caspio support team.

Pros:

I think Caspio is incredibly easy to learn and use and it allows non-technical professionals to quickly establish a data-centric web-based application without needing to know Python, Java, or another programming language. I have been a software developer for 20 years, so for me the tool takes even less time -- and functions like triggered notifications and tasks allow me to add "behind-the-scenes magic" so one process can trigger dependent processes in a seamless way. I also love the support team's helpful and responsive attitude.

Cons:

Truly my only complaint is not a bad thing, just a choice -- I wish I did not have to wrap all the Caspio code in separate HTML, mostly b/c I do not think it is as easy to teach to non-technical people. Most of the organizations I work with need help getting everything set up and launched but then can largely be trained to maintain and extend their Caspio app...and while HTML and CSS are not complicated, they are not as predictably explainable as the tables and datapage interfaces.

Alternatives Considered: kintone and Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Switching to Caspio: Cost and ease of maintenance -- I am helping organizations build software which they maintain, despite not having programmers on staff. This primarily works not only due to the high quality product but the pricing model. The fact that Caspio is priced by datapage and functionality and not user seats keeps the ongoing cost low, making it affordable for smaller organizations.

Oliver N.
Head of Product Development in Denmark
Legal Services, 2-10 Employees

More than meets the eye

5 2 years ago

Comments: Caspio has more than made our flagship application possible for us without having a team of programmers. It has widely extended the possibilities of the application and helped inspire features and the overall scope of what our application is and can become. After years of working with Caspio, I have learned to use the platform to much of its potential, and yet I still haven't found the limits to what it can do. The platform specialists are very skilled, and with expert sessions available, you can accomplish things on Caspio way beyond what it appears to offer. It is, indeed, much more than meets the eye.

Pros:

While Caspio is a low code platform enabling fast development of very high quality apps, it does not stop there. What has been important to me, is that the platform is virtually unlimited in potential. The versatility and quality of this platform makes it the perfect choice even for high complexity applications.

Cons:

Simple apps may be developed very swiftly, while maintaining high levels of security and quality. More complex apps require more capacity and in depth development. While this is a low code platform, it does not prevent the use of code, and with it, the possibilities seem limitless. And it still has all the benefits of not having to code from scratch, ease of use, high security, etc.

Brenda B.
Web Developer in US
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Building Databases Made Easy

5 last year

Comments: My overall experience with Caspio and their customer service has been A+. My account manager has been with me from the beginning and has always replied to every message within one day. The technical support is always there to help and fix all of my problems without hesitation. The users of my database (Ages: 40-70) never complain, everything is easy to manage and they love the Membership Database and how pretty and manageable it is.

Pros:

What I like most about Caspio is that you do not need to be a master in code development in order to build a database online. The click and go step by step process is very easy to use. Also, implementing within WordPress or other applications is very easy to do. The How-to Videos are an excellent way to learn to use the product. The formulas within the tables allow you to be more diverse with your structure. I can't name just ONE thing, I love many!

Cons:

When I first purchased Caspio in 2016, I was not able to export in PDF, with their updates that is now possible, but my only issue is in order to use you have to have the level of Caspio, which will cost more money. The good thing is if you want a change submit a request, 9 times out of 10 they will update and include with their next release.

Pusit K.
Pusit K.
Managing Director in Thailand

Excellent features, Superb support

4 2 years ago

Comments: For more than three years with Caspio we don't have a major complaint in any area.
I would give six stars for the support. Often we need urgent support while we are working from different time zones, there is always someone (real human not a bot) standby to answer our urgent questions.
Regarding features, Caspio always keeps us exciting with their regular updates and new out-of-the-box features.

Pros:

Features: Caspio has almost everything we require to complete business solution applications. Pricing Model: Clear and competitive pricing model. There are even more plans released lately. Support: Superb! Always someone's there, in the online support section. All tickets are handled in a short time. Respect user privacy, asking for permission before the support gets in the sensitive area with the "User Login Support".

Cons:

Options for style and GUI. They are too plain (even they look professional) and simple, not bad but not so fancy. This is the comment from users. However, it's customizable but required extra work.

Scott M.
Vice President in US
Construction, 51-200 Employees

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is a genius!

5 2 years ago

Comments: [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was amazing to work with. She took our ideas and built databases to meet our need in only minutes. Her knowledge of the product is off the charts. Every suggestion we threw at her, she was able to make happen for us. I can't recommend her enough. She is a huge asset to the Caspio team.

Pros:

Once established the program is very easy to use. The major advantage for us over our old Access database is you can log in from anywhere. Also, Access slowed down as it accumulated data, but Caspio has kept the same processing and retrieval speed. Finally, it looks much better and is easier to navigate.

Cons:

It can be hard to learn how to create the tables and datapages, but they do offer training to teach you how.

Alternatives Considered: HyperOffice CRM

Reasons for Choosing Caspio: Our server crashed and it took over three weeks to get it up and running and we lost all of our Access files and were going to have to recreate it from scratch. Also, it is advantageous to use the program at home or anywhere other than the office.

Reasons for Switching to Caspio: Online reviews from other users.

Jane G.
Implementation Director in US
Computer Software, 5,001-10,000 Employees

Excellent solution for our internal operations needs

4 last year

Comments: Overall, Caspio has been our solution for all of our internal operations: calendars, utilization tracking and reporting, expertise tracking, forecasting and so much more. In the 2 years we have been live on our new program, we've completely changed the way we can track and report. It has been a real game changer for us.

Pros:

I like that we can completely design our system and make enhancements or fixes on our timeline. We aren't tied to a third party developer so we don't have to pay for or wait for new features. We just build them ourselves to completely suit our needs!

Cons:

There are some features that would make it even better than it is, such as ODBC integration with Excel (Office 365) and Outlook integration. API's may help with this, but as a non-programmer, that may be a bit above my skillset.

Julie J.
Operations Manager in US
Oil & Energy, 2-10 Employees

Create custom applications with ease

5 last year

Comments: Wonderful! I was contacted by technical team and they offer to help you build your custom app. I prefer to be more hands on and enjoyed going through the various tutorial videos to learn how to use it and get more ideas for our custom application. I have some experience with databases and love that it had similarities to design features & concepts similar to Access and using SQL statements. Its amazing how much of your app you can configure with just a data page. At first I was really impressed with price per data page but as I learn in different video tutorials, a real robust application will take you to the mid/highest price tier.

Pros:

Love the video tutorials and there are so many great and powerful features in the design side

Cons:

Not sure about integrating with other systems yet (accounting) and using on mobile devices

Alternatives Considered: kintone and Quickbase

Reasons for Switching to Caspio: Kintone has some different features but overall seems very similar. Caspio seems more straight forward to learn and utilize and has a good flow to design. Quick base is quite expensive.

William K.
VP Operations in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 2-10 Employees

Speed To Market

5 last year

Comments: Caspio has provided us the ability to implement web applications quickly, without being held hostage by programmers who care more about job security then addressing client solutions.

Pros:

Caspio is very impressive with its ability to allow businesses to create and implement web applications quickly. In today's competitive world, clients do not have any patience and really appreciate a branded solution delivered within days, not weeks, months or years!

Cons:

There is still a need to understand Javascript (coding) and the ability to use the Caspio platform with third-party APIs. Zapier is nice, but it really doesn't work well with custom integrations.

Roger D.
Web Services Manager in US
Higher Education, 501-1,000 Employees

No need to hire developer

4 last year

Comments: The product is the best I've seen out there. If you know javascript, you can bake extra functionality into your forms, but even if you only know html and a little css, you'll be able to do amazing things.

Pros:

Caspio isn't cheap, but it more than pays for itself by freeing us up from the need to have a full-time developer to build and manage custom forms and databases. In a matter of a couple of hours, I can create a fairly complex form that would have taken others days or longer to build without Caspio.

Cons:

The interface for building the datapage (form) is tiny. It could easily be made to scale so the user could see more items without scrolling constantly. This really needs to be fixed.

Bradley M.
Associate Director of IT in US
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 51-200 Employees

Flexible and Easy to Deploy

4 last year

Comments: Overall very positive. We use Caspio to power a lot of applications that help our organization run very effectively. The support teams is great and the value for the money is right on point.

Pros:

The flexibility and ease of customization. The software can easily be used to create a simple application in 1o minutes, or can incorporate very custom features that can be used to create a more complex application.

Cons:

There are a few features I'd like to see changed or made easier to use. But overall there isn't anything I dislike.

Michael P.
Aviation Educator in US
Aviation & Aerospace, 2-10 Employees

The Caspio Team lead the way

5 last year

Comments: Our experience with Caspio was extraordinary and exceeded our wildest expectations. The team assigned to manage our transition was caring, courteous and totally focused on a successful implementation of our project. A special thank you to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] for their commitment and professionalism as we worked to understand and implement the data necessary to manage our database and website.

Pros:

This software made it possible to organize and structure data that was in an excel spreadsheet that had been managed by one person for almost 25 years. As a small organization with limited resources we realized that a tool like the Caspio Bridge would make it possible for us to manage our community of aviation Master Educators in a way that is fiscally responsible and allowed us to efficiently and effectively manage our community with one full time administrator and a select group of volunteers.

Cons:

We had very limited technical expertise with any of the skills required to develop and integrate a product like Caspio with our simple requirements. This is not a con but was certainly a concern once we decided to use Caspio. This concern was quickly mitigated by the Caspio Team.

Ryan M.
CISO in US
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 Employees

Greed

2 last year

Comments: terrible

Pros:

Easily to deploy, and this is the only thing you do well.

Cons:

Your operations regions are siloed. If one site goes down your service is unreachable. 8x8 does concurrent datacenter streaming for real-time communications across several data centers that's baked into $15 a month that also includes calling to 14 countries at no extra cost, video and voice conferencing, SMS, and a desktop and mobile app. We're on an older plan called performance. We've asked to add SAML SSO to our plan because it's not offered. We were told it would be $400 a month, in part, because of engineering fees. Do you bake engineering fees in the monthly cost for moving customers to a higher plan? How is it that companies like 8x8 can offer SAML SSO for less than $1 a month, companies like OKTA (who specialize in SAML SSO) can offer integration into 40 services and customized deployments for $2 a month, and Micorosft offers SAML SSO as part of their free tier of Azure AD that also includes storage of up to 50k objects? How is it that your engineering and services fees are some of the most expensive in the industry? Pure greed is the answer.

Leon E.
Senior IT Administrator in US
Information Technology & Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Can't believe we waited this long!

5 2 years ago

Comments: Thank you for all the hard work and dedication the Caspio Bridge team has put into this product. Caspio Bridge has allowed us to solve a 17 year problem within weeks.

Pros:

Ease of use, very well designed powerful back end, outstanding Support!

Cons:

Can't think of anything I do not like about Caspio Bridge. Kudos to the CASPIO team!

Bryan M.
Owner in US
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Great Support and Customer Service

5 2 years ago

Comments: Very good! Great time, very personable and responsive!

Pros:

The software is pretty robust. Although this is 'low code', it is not 'no code'. There is some level of code writing required. When in doubt, support is always there to guide you. VERY good video training series.

Cons:

Some of the features a latent and you really need to learn their application to maximize your efforts.

Samantha D.
Web & Data Services Manager in US
Libraries, 51-200 Employees

Create what you didn't think was possible

5 last year

Comments: I have utilized Caspio to make things possible at our library system that I didn't think were possible. We have used it across the board from statistics management to job portals to suggestion forms from patrons to staff.

Pros:

The Caspio product is diverse and intuitive. If I every struggle understanding how to implement a new database I know I can count on the forums and customer support for any extra help.

Cons:

It was a learning curve at first with Caspio but they have gotten so much better since I first learned how to use the system with new tutorials and videos posted monthly.

Christopher C.
Business Development/ CRM Management in US
Financial Services, 2-10 Employees

Triumphant, Caspio low code platform allowed me to build a CRM with in days to organize sales calls.

4 4 years ago

Comments: The ability to build a fully functional custom CRM system with API calls in the 30 days is great. The price point of this product makes it accessible for start-ups that are budget conscious.

Pros:

The software is adaptable and I am able to quickly create a report or triggered action to generate a variety of reports and share information in real time with colleagues. The ability to set up a fully functional Client Relationships Management System with in the 15 days. We continue through the tutorial videos and client support to develop unique reports for my colleagues.

Cons:

Technical support is easier to reach by the chat function instead of phone. Expediting an emergency tech issue is not reached easily. On some occasions the explanation is lacking sufficient detail.

Omar A.
Product Marketing Manager in Australia
Entertainment, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Great Support, Flexible Product

4 2 years ago

Comments: The support teams are fantastic and very helpful, they helped design and custom develop our product

Pros:

Caspio is relatively easy to setup and allows for enough flexibility with online form capture and processing that there is plent you can do with it

Cons:

It can begin to get a little expensive if you need to really scale up your program. I would strongly recommend the product for small to medium size products.

Ron M.
Consultant in US
Hospital & Health Care, Self Employed

Built Web Applications with ease

5 last year

Comments: I created solutions for several processes in the home health field. These led to automated reports and custom web apps for different departments within the company.

Pros:

Nice low-code interface. HIPAA compliance. Easy to create reports, charts, graphs, and full dashboards.

Cons:

This is a low-code more than a no-code solution. To get the most out of Caspio some JS is very useful.

Erin F.
Analytics Engineer in US
11-50 Employees

Easy to Use with Ever-Expanding Features

5 4 years ago

Pros:

Super Easy to Use and minimal code necessary Robust relational database Customer Support is extremely helpful

Cons:

Professional Services is slow and incompetent Parameter passing is tricky and at times does not work

Ronnie K.
Technical Volunter in US
Religious Institutions, 2-10 Employees

Amazing Capabilites

5 last year

Comments: When I began using Caspio, I experienced great customer service to get me started on the right foot. They spent quality time with me to insure I was successful ... and I was.

Pros:

Easy to learn and design real-world functionality for our application. Was able to implement with Wix. Feature-rich functionality is very impressive with many great options I had to choose from as I designed our application. Being a former professional database manager and architect for large scale corportate America systems, I rate Caspio a 9.5 out of 10. When 1st started learning to use Caspio, I was continually praising them for the power features I discovered. Using Caspio made the impossible, possible.

Cons:

There was nothing I found that I did not like ...

Pamela D.
Instructional Designer in US
E-Learning, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Caspio use in Education

5 last year

Pros:

I like the ability to created multiple apps and use them with one another.

Cons:

This is a challenging piece of software. It is not easy to use but no more difficult than other DBMS.

Shasha A.
data analyst in US
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 Employees

Review

5 2 years ago

Comments: Great customer support if I have a standard Caspio question.

Pros:

Customize to a way I like for my company to communicate internally and to our partners

Cons:

some of the feathers are not available. Needs more colorful feather and navigation bar built in. right now it doesn't allow link between tables and views

Quinn S.
Customer Support in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 2-10 Employees

Grows with you

5 2 years ago

Comments: I would say that one of the best things about working with Caspio is the drag and drop builder as well as their support staff.

Pros:

Our company was looking for software that would enable us to launch clean, professional looking website features quickly. Caspio offers a fairly simple used interface that allow rapid development of new ideas and their features are well rounded. They have some of the best support staff around.

Cons:

Some of the features we need are only offered on costly plans.

Alternatives Considered: Airtable and Ragic Builder

Reasons for Choosing Caspio: We needed a quick build system with a lower price tag.

Switched From: Quickbase

Reasons for Switching to Caspio: We actually tag team our products between Caspio and Ragic. Caspio offers the fancy and professional features we need while Ragic offers the "Excel Like" structure of rapid development.

Trenton F.
Manufacturing Director in US
Machinery, 201-500 Employees

Customized Data Reports

4 2 years ago

Comments: We were able to work with the project management team to build a productivity, waste, and uptime reporting tool that streamlined our process and cut many labor hours out of each week.

Pros:

The software is web based, so you can reach it anywhere.

Cons:

If internet is down, the software is not usable.