Ricochet Reviews

4.8 (113) Write a Review!

About Ricochet

Powerful consignment and retail solution with integrated POS, inventory management, customer and user accounts, reporting, and more.

Learn more about Ricochet

Pros:

Plus, my consignors absolutely love being able to easily log in to see their account, watch as items sell, and always know how much money is currently owe do to them.

Cons:

The only "con" would be the inability to customize sales and inventory reports based on timeframes.

Ricochet ratings

4.7
4.9
4.4
4.8

9.4/10

Ricochet has an overall rating of 4.8 out 5 stars based on 113 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Ricochet before?

Retail, 2–10 Employees

Not Just Consignment Software - A solution.

Comments: Barcoding, website/storefront sync integration, layaway, reporting, a loyalty program for my customers, auto-discounts, easy access to online vendor sign-in so my consigners can see what is selling, what is owed to them and when contracts are ending, it stops the unnecessary phone calls throughout the day asking if a vendor has money to pick up.

Pros:

It is flexible. I can make this software adapt to my business needs. I can be a consigner, a store shop owner, a flea marketer, ebay consigner, craft store, space rentals, a retail store and so much more. If there is an internet connection I am in business.

Cons:

Ease of posting products on to the website. I am hoping the new app with help out with this. I would like to use one simple method to post a product directly to my website with pictures and all. I can kinda of do it with the mobile browser but would be so much easier with a dedicated app. I think this would help our vendors to add products. Allow for other credit card company choices. I prefer Square as my credit card provider so to process credit cards I need to switch apps to process the transactions. It's a pain but not a deal-breaker. Cost is a bit high at $109 a month and an extra $39 for the website. So the total annual cost to run the software is almost $1,800 a year. You save a some money by paying annually rather than monthly.

3 years ago

Thanks for the 5 stars, Gary! We'll keep cranking away at new features that might fit your needs. The good news is that we have a significant update in the works to make the vendor listing process much better!

Athena
Athena
Director of Operations in US
Consumer Services, 2–10 Employees

Very helpful software for consignment tracking

Comments: Up until the format was updated we had a great handle on how to use the system to fit our needs. It has proven to be a great help in that multiple users can have access to the same information. There is however an extreme lack of communication. We were not informed that the entire format was being changed and logged in one day to a new set-up with no option to revert back. Features are also disabled or removed without letting the clients know causing navigation issues.

Pros:

This software is extremely helpful in tracking our consignors, their sales, percentages, and important data such as addresses and phone numbers. The newer format also allows us to add images if inventory items which will be very helpful when we have more staff available to log the inventory. It is also very helpful to be able for all users to see what inventory items are in stock vs paid out to the client as well as notes left by other users.

Cons:

I don't like that the software assigns its own descriptors to each client rather than offering the user an option of using its descriptors or your own. I understand these markers are important for the automation algorithm but not helpful for many. Also, since we do not use bar-code scanning and enter all sales manually, the newer layout DOES NOT ALLOW us to find the inventory by our own parameters in the POS tab (ie. client name or consignor number). This has proven to be a time consuming annoyance.

3 years ago

Thanks for the review, Athena. Sorry you had trouble migrating to the newer version. We try our best to make sure we modify and keep the most essential functions as the software improves.

Mark

Could be a lot better

3.0 last week New

Comments: If I had my way I would look for an alternative.

Pros:

the inventory management, having the app on the phone and on the computer

Cons:

1. I am a consigner. There are two stores - every time I use the app, I have to select the 'other' store. You should be able to default to a store. This is very anoying as the session times out and switching tabs from Inventory to Payout does not refresh in real time when this happens. 2. The iPhone app needs to allow a constant login and not keep timing out. it refuses to save the username and password and I waste a lot of time typing it in again. 3. The Category/Brand needs to allow for Consignor admin - adding new categories/Brands as needed.4. Should allow for some other fields such as 'Color', 'Size' etc5. Label support is pretty bad, being forced to use expensive DYMO labels. Also the small labels truncate at very few letters without warning. On my MacBook, the large labels took a lot of effort to print properly.

Carina
Founder in US
Apparel & Fashion, 2–10 Employees

From entering items manually to full integration!

Comments: I love being able to serve my consignors and customers using one software.

Pros:

What I like most about this software is the user-friendly interface. As a new business, we needed a software that wasn't going to take months of trial to figure out and that could integrate a lot of the steps to save time. I love that it has been able to accommodate our business needs as we grow and we are excited for new features to release. We also love the team behind the software who is always available to answer any questions or concerns.

Cons:

What I like the least about this software is the limitation on the selection of an integrated payment processor. There is basically no other option. I would love if it could integrate with square so I can take payments on my phone and on the go. Another thing I dislike is the limited information on reports. It would be great to have more bookkeeping/accounting details integrated into them. I also dislike that it doesn't have some basic features I find would be helpful as a business owner.

3 years ago

Thanks for the 5-stars, Carina! We are working to expand reporting this year. And our payments partner is building a mobile device as well! Hopefully, these will help sort out some of your needs this year.

Kristi

A User Friendly Software with Exceptional Customer Support

Comments: We always feel heard by the Ricochet team and appreciate their willingness to discuss possible improvements or even explain why a desired feature may not be effective in meeting all their customer's needs. We understand that not every feature we may want is an asset for every store/shop they service. The pros outweigh the cons and we actually value their commitment to delivering a software that works but isn't overwhelmed with "bits and pieces" of features that only meet the needs of some.

Pros:

We began our consignment business with Ricochet and truly believe it played a huge part in our success and is a key to our continued growth. Our team frequently comments on how easy it is to use the software. Many of us have had past experience with systems that were cumbersome and clunky; in comparison Ricochet has an interface that makes it easy to train new staff. Our new staff members quickly get comfortable and confident in using the POS which allows our team to focus our attention on better serving our customers and consignors. As we have grown, Ricochet has evolved along with us. The Ricochet team is constantly working on making the software better and adding features that give us the ability to do business more efficiently. It is important to us to be partnered with service providers who are always looking to enhance their services because it enables us to also always be improving. Their customer support is exceptional. A team member is always readily available to assist and answer questions. We appreciate this level of service because it allows us to offer the same value to our customers and consignors.

Cons:

There are some features and capabilities we hope to see in the future.

3 years ago

Fantastic review, Kristi! Reclamation has been a part of our success too! Thanks for your commitment and thoughtful feedback.

erica
Consignment Store Owneer in US
Apparel & Fashion, Self Employed

The Only Software You Need For Your Consignment Shop

Pros:

The personal one on one assistance & customer support is unmatchable. Everyone on the Ricochet software team is so genuinely nice & supportive whenever you need customer support. The support team is always available and has been there for me any time that I ever called for help. They help you with any issues within minutes. I love that my consignors can view their accounts so easily & can do so with user-friendly technology. I have never once had a consignor unable to access their accounts or have any trouble using the software. I have managed a consignment store in the past for five years & have now had my own shop for close to three years; so, I am very aware of the consignment business. I am so grateful to Ricochet for meeting all the needs & wants of a consignment shop owner. Thanks to Ricochet, my consignment business is so organized, safe, and user-friendly. I have loved this software since day one of using it & have never had to look elsewhere.

Cons:

Honestly, I really love everything about this software. Perhaps a few features can be perfected...but I know the team will get to any of those imperfections with the next update.

3 years ago

Thanks so much, Erica! We love hearing such wonderful feedback from fellow experts in the consignment industry! We will keep working on perfecting those features for you.

Monica
Monica
owner in US

Great Choice

Comments: The software overall is amazing! The representatives are extremely professional and helpful. I plan on using Ricochet Consignment Software for many more years.

Pros:

I like the convenience and functionality, Having access to the software anywhere helps eliminate any errors or miscalculations.

Cons:

Cost and ease of use. As a small business owner, it's an investment to maintain. I new updates have helped with making it easier to use. However, there are a few areas of concern like searching.

3 years ago

Thank you, Monica! We'll pass on the love to our support team.

Christina
Christina
owner in US
Retail, Self Employed

Hands down best consignment software

Comments: I have been VERY pleased with Ricochet and how it has helped me, my consignors, and my business.

Pros:

I love how easy it is to use and track my business. It has really streamlined processes for both me and my consignors. As a result, I have saved myself several hours of work each week. I can't recommend Ricochet enough!

Cons:

Some of the reporting isn't as intuitive as I would like but I can always get help when I need it and figure it out pretty quickly.

3 years ago

Thanks for the love, Christina! We have long term plans to build a pretty serious update to the reporting structure. Several new reports, new dashboard widgets, etc. We'll keep you in the loop when things start happening.

Jhanvi
Team Leader in India
Information Technology & Services, 501–1,000 Employees

Easy to Use Software For Inventory Management

Comments: Ricochet is a perfect software for all the organizations who manage day to day business inventory. It's a Complete Package with powerful feature to make your work easy and effective.

Pros:

It's a perfect software for Inventory Management and very easy to use. It offers many effective features like Inventory Management, Accounting, Retail CRM that helps you to manage your data impactfully.

Cons:

I didn't have any issue with the tool when managing my tasks. From My side their is no any disadvantage of this software.

Arjun
Sr. Digital Marketer in India
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Ricochet - Best Point of Sale Software

5.0 last month New

Pros:

Helped in Inventory Management as well as Retail Inventory Management of my business. Provides me precise sales reports with order management functionality.

Cons:

For now I am not able to find any type of disadvantages of the software.

Tyrone
Owner in Canada
Retail, 2–10 Employees

Not perfect, but it is a great solution.

Comments: We needed to streamline the inventory management processes for our store and Ricochet has made a real impact in this area for us. All of our staff really like Ricochet and have learned the new workflows very easily. We'd love to see more reporting/dashboards (or an API so we can do our own analytics).

Pros:

We love that we can access the system from home or anywhere in the world. The system is actively being developed and improved which is great. We are about to expand our use of the system to include online sales, which is very exciting!

Cons:

The tax setup isn't ideal for Canadian customers who have multiple taxes that are applied differently to different categories of items. Defining taxes at the category level would eliminate the potential for error when entering items. No visibility into how the data is being backed up is a concern. We aren't sure if the database is being backed up, or how frequently it is happening. To help deal with that, we can manually export inventory and accounts, but this isn't ideal.

3 years ago

Thanks for the feedback, Tyrone! Constantly improving and releasing new features regularly is a big priority for us. So thanks for recognizing that! As our Canadian market grows, we are working on a tax solution to help you all out. We'll keep you updated as that develops. Also! Good news on backups! Your data is actually processed on multiple servers in real-time and conducts a full backup every 24 hours. We just don't display that anywhere on the software.

Amanda
Consignment Shop Co-Owner in US

Simply the Best!

Comments: We are currently in our second year of business and have found Ricochet to meet all our business needs.

Pros:

The software is super user friendly. It meets all our demands for running a business yet is not confusing to use. Customer service is always available and willing to quickly resolve any issues. Compared to other consignment softwares, Ricochet is the best deal!

Cons:

Easier setup and use with necessary equipment on mobile devices would be helpful.

3 years ago

Thanks, Amanda! We're stoked that you're on board! And we're super excited to be working on the app this year.

Pamela
Retail, 2–10 Employees

I would highly recommend ricochet software.

Comments: I already answered this in the first question. The customer service that ricochet provides is 100% over the top as well!

Pros:

As the owner of an antique, upcycled furniture and home decor business with over 30 vendors, this software is a lifesaver! Every vendor knows exactly what they have sold 24 hours a day, 7 days a week as they can see online what their current sales are. Each item is barcoded so there is no second guessing of prices. Takes the stress out of end of the month paychecks.

Cons:

The vendors complain about not being able to easily input their inventory via their smart phones. The ricochet screen on a computer or tablet is not reflective of that on a phone.

3 years ago

Great news, Pamela! We just finished our design mockups for vendor item entry via iPhone. It's going to be one of our largest features yet! Stay tuned.

Meagan
Owner, Manager in US
Retail, 2–10 Employees

Makes Our Job SO Much Easier!

Comments: Absolutely great experience overall. I appreciate the approachable customer service any time I do need to call. Very welcoming and friendly.

Pros:

The ease of running payouts and payout reports is what led us to choosing this product, but we've gained much more by having it. Previously, we were writing out paper receipts, and the ease of having a register that is integrated with our consignor inventory has been amazing.

Cons:

There are some minor details such as needing printed jewelry tags that I have not figured out yet. However, I have already seen improvements in the software since purchasing last year, so I expect it will continue to improve over time!

3 years ago

Thanks for the 5 stars, Meagan! When using a Dymo label printer, they do have jewelry label compatibility. We'll have somebody reach out to you to help get that sorted.

Tina
Apparel & Fashion, 2–10 Employees

How did I live without this in business for 22 years!

Comments: I’ve owned and operated my business for 23.5 years. I did everything by hand, the old fashioned way for 22 of those years. Wrote everything down and kept all my records on paper. Yes I know, I’m a little crazy for that. Spent hours everyday doing paperwork. Approx 18 months ago, I purchased this software and my entire life changed, for the BETTER! My business has grown by leaps and bounds because all that time I used to spend doing paperwork is now used to further my business.

Pros:

Everything. I love every single thing about this software. Ease of use would be #1

Cons:

Only that I didn’t buy it sooner! I haven’t found anything that I don’t like about it yet. There are some features that I don’t use (that I probably should be using) that I will implement in the future I’m sure.

3 years ago

22 years! Wow, Tina! Clearly you are doing something right. Super glad to have your store on board!

Scott
Retail, 11–50 Employees

Absolutely the Best!

Comments: We could not be happier. The staff loves it and the ability to view their sales remotely. Simply, the best!

Pros:

Ease of use and the ability to customize the way we need to use it. The software updates are amazing and appropriate for our use.

3 years ago

Awesome! We're stoked Ricochet is working so well for you, Scott! We'll keep you in the loop as reporting features get more developed.

Katie
Owner in Canada
Retail, 2–10 Employees

Very user friendly-Love Ricochet!

Comments: I am so glad I chose Ricochet for my new business when I first started. I honestly think if I went with any other software I would have had a harder time as a first time business owner. They have made this process seem less!

Pros:

User friendly, easy to maneuver and easy to teach new employees!

Cons:

Besides the superficial surface glitches(that make zero impact on my daily use) there is nothing I don't like about this software. I'm thankful I didn't choose something else!

3 years ago

First-time business owners are our favorites! Glad it's working so well for you, Katie!

Elizabeth

Great Product

Comments: This system helps me tremendously with my productivity and keeping track of so many important things.

Pros:

It keeps track of all of my sales, payouts, consignor and customer info. I can easily pull up reports to help with accounting and many other needs. I really like that I can take pictures of items under clients accounts and am able to do payment plans through the system now.

Cons:

I cannot put in the cost of an item after it has sold.

3 years ago

Thanks for the review, Elizabeth! Glad we can keep Bibbidi Bobbidi efficient and productive!

Elizabeth
Bookkeeper in US

Thankful for this Software

Comments: Prior to Ricochet each vendor in the store had pages to which their inventory tags were stapled. Totals of all the tags at the end of the month were added by hand. Accuracy was always iffy and if we lost a tag that vendor wouldn't get credit for it. Now we are absolutely sure of the accuracy of vendor sales and payouts each month and vendors can see in real time as their items sell. It has been a win-win for everyone!

Pros:

* Ease of Use * Intuitive * As a vendor, entering inventory data is easy and intuitive * As an admin, going in and correcting errors is fairly easy * As a bookkeeper, pulling the reports I need to reconcile accounts is very helpful

Cons:

* Inability to pull a mass daily report summary - right now I can pull a daily summary for one day or I can pull a summary report that gives me totals for a period...but I cannot get a report that shows summary level data for each day in a period without pulling each report by day individually * The ability to fully customize reports to pull the specific data that I need

Hannah

We LOVE Richochet!

Pros:

When we entered the consignment business my only "requirement" was that we use some type of software. I researched several different options and loved how Ricochet looked (app-like as opposed to processor-ish). Plus the customer service was so helpful. I talked with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] a lot early on and then [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] . They've always been extremely helpful and accessible. I like that I haven't had to go through automation or operators to get answers. They've even been accessible on Saturdays when we had an emergency issue that needed to be resolved.

Cons:

To be honest there aren't many cons I can think of. I wish I could add variants from the inventory page instead of having to go to the preferences. As of right now that's about all I can think of.

3 years ago

Thanks for the 5 stars, Hannah! Our team is always so happy to work with you when problems arise. We'll pass on the love to the rest of the team.

Melinda
Store Owner in US

Software with ease

Comments: Great, customer service is prompt and polite.

Pros:

This software is user friendly. Ease to learn. Love that you can use it on multiple computers at work and if I need to I can access it from anywhere.

Cons:

I would like it to be more customization, such as being able to flag a consignor or have a consignor drop off screen that you could have notes about the drop off i.e. date time etc. More customize able reports Employee time clock

3 years ago

Thanks for the view and feedback, Melinda! Deeper reporting is definitely on our list of features this next development cycle.

Kathryn

The Most Amazing Customer Service

Comments: This is the first and only software I've used. I did tons of research before I purchased and I have not been disappointed. They have been extremely responsive to my questions and issues (100% of which have been my error).

Pros:

The easy of communicating with the company when I run into a snag.

Cons:

There are a few reports I with that I could generate that don't exist. Example "Average Monday Sales". I also with that there was a way to change the status on products from "expired" to "picked up" in mass. I haven't found a way to do that yet.

3 years ago

Thanks for the 5 stars, Kathryn! Bulk status updating is very high on our development list and schedule to get built out in Q1 of 2020. So keep an eye out for that!

Brandon

Review

Comments: We have loved the software and fu criminality. The Ricochet team are great to work for and very prompt in their responses.

Pros:

The fact that the inventory is easy to use. Also ease and functionality of then POS

Cons:

Not nearly enough customizable reports. Need quite a bit more options there

3 years ago

Thanks for the feedback, Brandon. One of the largest priorities over the next couple of development cycles is how to improve and overhaul the reporting system. Stay tuned!

Steve
CEO in US

Does the job

Comments: We looked at several software options and Ricochet offered the best solution, tech support is outstanding and I like that they have continued to innovate the platform

Pros:

Multi-Level Users Ability to offer vendors there own login Easy reporting East Payment reconsiliation

Cons:

Some inventory adding functions are a little clunky

3 years ago

Thanks for the review, Steve! We will pass on the appreciation to our customer support staff!

Co-owner in US
Wholesale, 2–10 Employees

Customer of several years

Comments: The new version hasn't really provided any new benefits, just headaches and frustration.

Pros:

I DID like that we could do individual reports for our clients (both inventory and sales).

Cons:

I HATE the new version. A LOT LESS user friendly and not as compatible with our estate sale business now. Looking for other options.

3 years ago

Thanks for the honest feedback, Gary. Sorry, you're having a rough time with the latest updates. We'll have to reach out and get more details so we can make sure you're having a better experience.