• Overall
    4.6 /5
    4.6 /5
    4.7 /5

About Avaza

Collaborate on projects, track time, manage expenses and invoice your customers. Available in the cloud, from any device!

Learn more about Avaza

Senior UX/UI Designer
Design, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 27/12/2019

"Project management done right"

Comments: So far it has proven to be a solid solution to keep on top of parallel freelance design projects

Pros: Avaza allows you to manage project of varying degrees of complexity in an organic and logic way. The tasks can be viewed as lists, kaban board or layout out against timeline through gnatt view

Cons: Resource scheduling is not as useful as it could be as it force to schedule a resource for the same amount of hours everyday which is unrealistic

• Reviewed on 27/12/2019
Aron L.
  • Reviewed on 11/10/2019

"Major Fan"

Comments: So far no software could beat this.

Pros: Everything - Gantt charts, Seamless invoicing & Full project and task management. Also great team management capabilities.

Cons: Wish there was a chrome extension along to easily clock time without visiting the tab.

• Reviewed on 11/10/2019
Grace L.
Designer
Design, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 14/11/2019

"Great project and resource management tool"

Comments: I've looked into so many project + resource management tools – from Trello to Airtable to Monday.com – and Avaza is the only one that allows me to create projects, estimate hours, manage capacity, and track time in the same platform, without spending a lot of time configuring it. I was able to set up Avaza using a project spreadsheet I had already created and the whole configuration process was pretty quick.

Pros: I love that it combines resources management and project management into one tool. Perfect for small design studios and agencies that need to know if their employees have the bandwidth to take on a new project (it also takes into account holiday/vacation time!). I use Avaza to create project estimates for clients, knowing that I can easily import from a spreadsheet and adjust timeline/dependencies once the project is confirmed. All on the free plan, too!

Cons: The UI could be a bit better-designed. There are some things, like the top toolbar design and the navigation menu for projects, that aren't really the best user experience. But then again, I'm a designer. My only complaint is that it's hard to bulk-edit tasks and it's not possible to do so with CSV import; you can't even select multiple tasks to delete, which can be an administrative time suck if you have a lot of tasks to edit/delete from a project.

• Reviewed on 14/11/2019
Santiago A.
Co Editor Chief
  • Reviewed on 13/4/2019

"More than a program, it is an experience for the management of your projects."

Comments: The internal organization is fundamental to be able to fulfill our own goals, and at the same time, with the clients that believe in our commercial offer. Thanks to Avaza we have managed to engage efforts that were not identified to achieve the internal goals, since we implemented it, our level of communication has reached the best levels of communication, which translates into a reduction of time in activities that in the past They took days or even weeks. Since we worked with Avaza there are no missing links of information, we have reached a point that without Avaza it would take years to achieve.

Pros: One of the things that I liked most, is the interface that they offer to all their users, it is the best for those of us who are more visual when working. Another aspect that many do not know but that I love, is to be able to integrate Avaza with other platforms so that the reach is greater, I have managed to move from one platform to the other without losing time or reducing the value that Avaza gives me. Also, the commercial offer they offer is the most competitive, because you can start your venture without sacrificing all the capital with which you account, and being stable you can know the available improvements so that you achieve new goals within your company. Another functionality that I like, is to be able to have a great integration with email, apart, it allows me to monitor all projects and important events for the company, it is a vital support that greatly improves performance.

Cons: It would be unfair to identify negative aspects, because the capabilities that you offer for your work on anything happens, I have reviewed the platform for a long time and to date, I have not found anything that changes my positive perception about Avaza.

• Reviewed on 13/4/2019
Debra H.
Executive Producer/Process Management Consultant
  • Reviewed on 2/1/2020

"Tried over a dozen resource management tools and chose Avaza"

Comments: The more I use Avaza, the more I like it and the more I can see us using additional features.
It's been positive and we're glad to have chosen Avaza over the many other options out there.

Pros: We are a 10 person creative agency and were looking software to help us manage our schedules and resources. We wanted a clear, intuitive interface that would allow in-app communication and file sharing, color-coding to distinguish clients, a calendar view by team member or project view, a tracking of hours against total project budgets. The customer support is fast and friendly.

Cons: Setting up projects and tasks takes a bit of time, but there are robust reporting options that are worth the input time. I also wish that when, on the team calendar view, you dragged a task from (for example) four days to three days that the total hours would stay the same but be spread over a new date range rather than the driver being the number of days with hours/day locked.

• Reviewed on 2/1/2020
Jasmine J.
Founder and Chief Executive Officer
Consumer Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 1/10/2019

"Awesome Gem!"

Comments: Overall, I really love this platform and would definitely suggest to others for their business needs.

Pros: I love that this system provided both time tracking and invoicing elements. This definitely helps with quickly providing clients with project and payment information. I also loooove that when calculating the QYT ( in my case I use it as hours), I'm able to include the exact number of hours instead of just whole numbers ( for example: 3:37 vs. 4 and this software calculates my clients cost per my unit price.

Cons: I really wish there were more payment providers for clients to choose from. It would also be awesome if there was an option for creating client contracts, this would be a great template addition.

• Reviewed on 1/10/2019
Bhavesh R.
senior structural design engineer
Civil Engineering, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/4/2020

"EASE IN PROJECT MANAGEMENT"

Pros: easily manage multiple projects and their tasks, very happy with the interactive UI and the team got hold of it pretty quickly. Also, the task notifications are received by the team member instantly on email. The pricing is good compared to its features and definitely stands out from its competition.

Cons: no way to use offline on pc as its an online web based application

• Reviewed on 10/4/2020
Amy P.
Consultant
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/5/2019

"Great features and pricing for small startups"

Comments: We are a small, new company with a lot of work to coordinate. We are constantly providing clients with updates on projects and reviewing timelines for deliverables in order to keep ourselves on track. This software allows us to be efficient with our time by seeing where projects are with one quick glance. This also allows either of us to determine if/when we can take on additional work. It has been remarkably helpful to us in a short amount of time.

Pros: This program has all the functions a small business or non-profit needs to get started with managing a variety of projects and tasks. As consultants, we need the ease of invoicing, tracking hours, and uploading contracts for our clients coupled with a single place to manage the tasks of complex project management. It was very user friendly and easy to get started. I especially liked the variety of visual formats, as I like lists and my partner likes Gantt charts. You rarely get all these features in a free version of this kind of software, but even the paid versions are not very expensive.

Cons: I had a little trouble changing the administrator from one user to another. Also, the storage space is not that much, but you can always link to an outside cloud file using the notes section.

• Reviewed on 22/5/2019
Michael T.
Partner
Pharmaceuticals, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/10/2020

"Great Product for Consulting Firms"

Comments: Super happy with the experience overall. Great product!

Pros: Product is easy to learn and use. Functionality sufficient for project-driven business that tracks hours and budget at the project level.

Cons: Would prefer to set "favorites" that appear week to week rather than only the option to copy previous weeks. It can get a little tedious with multiple projects (and tasks within projects) as well as internal activities that are intermittent.

by Avaza Software on 16/12/2020

Hi Michael, adding the option to pin timesheet rows on week view is high on our product roadmap.

Our product team has added your vote for this feature and will reach out to you as soon as it becomes available.

Thanks a lot for your valuable feedback.

• Reviewed on 30/10/2020
Jean-sébastien V.
Co-fondateur
  • Reviewed on 16/11/2016

"Saves us so much time"

Comments: It does it all. We can punch our work time, skip from task to task and projects to projects and keep track of everything. The billing then grabs everything automatically so we don't forget to bill anything. We used to have a billing system indepedent of our task system. Bringing these together saves so much time. And we're just 2... We do web marketing and web development for small businesses wich means lots of small clients. Cutting down billing time was a must for our growth.

Pros: Fast and convenient billing
Clear and usefull reports on just about evrything
Convenient time entry
Works well on mobile to enter tasks right after client meetings
Does automatic billing
Can create tasks by forwarding an email to avaza's project email

Cons: Could improve a little bit the customer data so we could also use it has a basic CMS.
Could automate the report sending for weekly KPIs and check-ups.

• Reviewed on 16/11/2016
Client Services Director
Graphic Design, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 7/3/2018

"As a new entrant to the PM field, Avaza promises much. Easy, quick and supportive"

Pros: Quick to set up.
True Gantt charting AND resource loading - great that we can plan ahead visually.
Nice workflow from quoting to invoicing, without becoming intrusive or cumbersome.

Cons: Still some work to do, but we'll keep station:
Can't for example progress invoice and easily see what's billed/what's left to bill, and you can't add true supplier costs and sell on as margin (they have to be added as expenses which isn't the right method in PM).
Also, for the 65%+ of colour-blind males out there - once you reach your 8 hours, the schedule changes to 'Full'. So far so good. However, go over 8 hours and it changes from green to red - which is extremely difficult to interpret at a glance if you're red-green colourblind. Some UX refinement required here.
What makes this harder is that the number then changes to how many hours 'over' your 8 hour day you are rather than showing either a '-' against the number, or more appropriately just continuing to add up the hours you need to do on that day.
We're sure these are niggles that will be ironed out as the product develops.

• Reviewed on 7/3/2018
Josh A.
Manager, Client Services
  • Reviewed on 27/9/2017

"Excellent and affordable project management tool"

Comments: This software has enabled our company to successfully manage our client engagements. We can easily track our progress on project deliverables, and can ensure we stay on time and under budget.

Pros: Avaza is an extremely user-friendly project management tool that includes all of the important components of project management in one easy-to-use interface (i.e. project tasks, scheduling, timekeeping and expense management, invoicing, reporting, etc.). Their support is also top-notch. The support documentation on their website is very detailed, and the support team is always very quick to reply. In my experience, they have replied to me in just a few minutes when I chat with them using their support tool and they respond very quickly via email as well.

Cons: There are some features that do not currently exist in Avaza, such as the ability to send automatic overdue invoice reminders and the ability to apply detailed permissions to external/client users, however Avaza seems to be working constantly to improve the system and will take your input into consideration when documenting feature requests.

• Reviewed on 27/9/2017
Kevin D.
Finance Manager
  • Reviewed on 2/4/2020

"My Review so far..."

Comments: OVerall, Avaza is nice to use, since it's gives us an overall look and feel of how things should flow

Pros: I like that it's feature rich and I am able to create some projects with Billable stuff, and see how it moves forward to Project Accounting

Cons: Reporting can do a lot of work. The interface is quite slow and limiting. I would want to get an update on faster reporting and creating custom reports

• Reviewed on 2/4/2020
Jacob B.
Architecture & Planning, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 3/6/2019

"Great Tool for Any Entrepreneur"

Comments: With Avaza I have better control over the timeline and status of my projects. I love the invoicing and ability to send out the invoices and communications directly from the app.

Pros: Great all in one software. Project management, to do lists, Gantt Charts, customizable reports, even estimates, invoices, and online payments. Can't live without it now.

Cons: Takes some time to customize everything to your personal work style but I think you would have that with any software you use. I wish that Avaza had a PC app that I could use instead on going online to use it.

• Reviewed on 3/6/2019
Brandon B.
President & Co-Founder
  • Reviewed on 9/9/2016

"Avaza supports your enterprise"

Comments: Avaza hits the sweet spot in the oversaturated market of project management/billing software. It combines practically all of the competitor features into an efficient & scalable online environment.

Pros: -Invoicing
-Estimates
-Expenses
-Time tracking
-Project management
*Project budgeting
-Reporting

Cons: Avaza makes historical data a chore. It's uneditable and non-removable. I'd definitely like to see improvement in the way historical data is handled. It's a small price to pay for such an amazing platform.

• Reviewed on 9/9/2016
Darek C.
Construction, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/10/2019

"finally I found software what I need"

Pros: as a Contractor I do a lot of projects at the same time. The application allows me to control expenses and working time on each project, which is a huge saving of time. I highly recommend. you can try it for free

Cons: nothing for now.
I have been using the application for a short time and for now I don't see any problems

• Reviewed on 16/10/2019
Erika L.
Senior Designer
Retail, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/12/2018

"Project management made easy"

Comments: So far I love the software, I would recommend it to everyone I know.

Pros: The reports are the best! I lead a small design team for a retail company. I needed to measure our productivity in some way and I found Avaza to be the best choice for me. I can set our projects beforehand and assign them to my team members and then print a report with all the information my manager needs ona weekly basis. Reports can be time consuming but Avaza made them simple: just a few clicks here and there and I'm done.

Cons: I didn't find a way to assign the same task to multiple team members. Sometimes we work together in the same task to save time.

• Reviewed on 19/12/2018
Moira B.
Business Management
Accounting, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/2/2019

"Avaza is Amazing!"

Pros: Avaza is an amazing piece of software that allows me to keep track of ours as well as create invoices for customers. Avaza is extremely fast and concise which makes using it great and efficient. Avaza offers a crazy amount of features that allow my company to reduce the amount of software that we are using and condense it into one program.

Cons: Avaza has been perfect for me, but there is a bit of a learning curve.

• Reviewed on 18/2/2019
Lemuel L.
Software Engineer
  • Reviewed on 28/2/2018

"Amazing! Lots of features and functionality in affordable price."

Comments: Easy Time tracking
Easy Task Sheduling

Pros: I like most about avaza, specially that I can track my time and schedule my task. also Amazing staff and timesheets control
Invoicing, quotes, payments... All in one place
My clients have access to their projects and documentation all the time, no need to ask for anything
Response to features requests is super fast
Tons of great reports, and you can pre-configure them for your eficiency
reasonable price for what all I get out of it.

Cons: Does not update realtime, no themes, and boring ui.
Maybe a more robust accounting functionality, but hey, the financial to run the business is awesome.
It was a little confusing at first on my mobile until I found the tasks option in the menu. On the desktop it's super easy.

• Reviewed on 28/2/2018
Nick W.
Education Management, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/12/2018

"A real standout in the overcrowded task/project management space"

Comments: Haven't spent a lot of time managing projects and using various task management tools I was pleasantly surprised by Avaza. It's now my preferred tool where possible and the pricing and support are great.

Pros: It's easy to use (web, mobile apps) and feature-rich interface cover most bases for task and project management at a very reasonable price.

Cons: The reporting could be a bit more flexible and it's not as feature rich as MS Project (although doesn't suffer from its flaws either).

• Reviewed on 21/12/2018
Julissa G.
Junior Legal Counsel
Legal Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/11/2016

"Facility and Use of the system"

Comments: It's the first that I use this type of system before I did it manually. And the system it's very useful and easy to use. I'm really pleased with it.

Pros: When I have all the details of the activities that I have done during the day, I can know how I'm managing my time and with it, I can be more efficient with my time. Also, I can use the system on my phone, that's very useful.

Cons: It only can be used while you are connected to the internet.

• Reviewed on 24/11/2016
Website Developer, Graphic Artist & Social Media Manager
  • Reviewed on 31/7/2019

"All-In-One Tool for Team Projects"

Pros: The project management aspect of Avaza is ideal. I have used varying types of software and while trialing this one out, what stood out to me was the ease of invoicing and tracking project costs and expenses. Generating invoices and receiving payments for projects all in the same place where it is managed is highly convenient.

Cons: It is a web-based tool, which unfortunately means there is no PC/desktop version to utilize when offline, you need to be online to make use of this.

• Reviewed on 31/7/2019
Kira C.
HR & Operations
Accounting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/9/2018

"Great project management software for small businesses"

Comments: Great value for a small business looking for project management software with lots of features.

Pros: Easy to use and set up, so you can get up and running quickly with your projects. Customer support is awesome!

Cons: Mobile app could be easier to navigate. Be aware that advanced integrations cost additional, but that is not a barrier because overall price is affordable.

• Reviewed on 12/9/2018
Mohamed M.
System Engineer
  • Reviewed on 12/4/2017

"Perfect and helpful for improving our projects scenario and tasks"

Comments: I appreciate this software, easy to use and perfect in results.
with time sheet entry, it arrange my time and reducing my expenses and waste time

Pros: The Ease

Cons: Arrangment

• Reviewed on 12/4/2017
Elizabeth C.
IT Projects Leader
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/5/2017

"Avaza is really helping our organization to have more accurate and up to date time reports"

Comments: With Avaza we have been able to better organize our projects through our organization in terms of tasks assignments and time accountability.

Pros: I believe that one of the best features of Avaza is the clock that can be activated to record times of your activities while you are performing them from any platform, even from mobile devices. This allows you to have more accurate accountability for the tasks performed.

Cons: I'm still getting to know Avaza, but in general I've liked everything that I've explored so far. I would like to be able to configure my landing page on the tool to have the timesheets view per week as default when I log into the software.

• Reviewed on 31/5/2017