• Overall
    4.2 /5
    3.8 /5
    4.3 /5

About Ontraport

Ontraport is an all-in-one platform designed to support business growth. All your features, functionality and power. All in one place.

Learn more about Ontraport

Matt J.
  • Reviewed on 15/1/2020

"Daily user since 2014"

Comments: Like most businesses, we use Ontraport for general email marketing but we also use it track leads and automate follow up of hot leads - this has vastly improved our sales focus, conversion rates, and sales value

Pros: 1. Ease of use, a great tool for all my marketing and automation. You have to try it to really understand
2. Support, many of whom I now know on first name basis - Ontraport attracts top notch people to be part of their team and they bend over backwards to help, especially if mistakes are made... I find them extremely proactive.
3 Come for the software, stay for the people. Not only are the staff extremely good at what they do but so are the leaders. Every dept head I've spoken with has been extraordinary and a credit to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who himself is all over the wider community. All of this plus the Facebook Community which is amazing, no question too dumb or too complex, everyone within the wider community is very helpful.

Cons: The knowledge base could probably do with more detail but I can normally get the answer I need from the community with is very strong and healthy

by Ontraport on 25/3/2020

Thanks for the kind words, Matt! We're happy to have you as a part of the Ontraport family.

We're constantly making updates and additions to our Support Center, so please let us know if you have any specific feedback or suggestions for information to add!

• Reviewed on 15/1/2020
Steven L.
  • Reviewed on 7/1/2020

"Great CRM/Marketing Automation Software, but with a few issues"

Comments: I've used Ontraport for more than an year and I really like it (despite my concerns). It's the first window I see in the morning. Aside from basic contact management, the marketing automation component is first rate. Good task management too.

Pros: Nice user interface and overall capabilities. Good task management abilities along with contact management services. The support is simply best in class and the Facebook support group is stellar.

Cons: It's slow compared to other similar systems I've used. You also have to "click your mouse button" way more times than similar services to actually do things inside the system. For example, it may take 6 or 7 mouse clicks to create a basic task whereas past services I've used required only 2 or 3. This is extremely frustrating in terms of productivity. Overall the pros outweigh the cons - but I sure wish they'd address the cons.

by Ontraport on 25/3/2020

Thanks for your review, Steven! We're continually working on the interface to simplify the workflow without sacrificing functionality.

Here's one improvement we just recently released:
We know Tasks were just one example but we've recently added "Quick Tasks" that can be created with three clicks in regular Contacts view: simply select the contact, click on Tasks, and click the Quick Task tab to create the task. Then, in our Contact Quick View interface, adding a Quick Task is just one click.

We're working on lots of other projects to simplify processes and speed up the application interface keep the feedback coming!

• Reviewed on 7/1/2020
Course Building Technologist and Business Coach on the Education Team
11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/4/2018

"Good in theory, buggy overall"

Comments: Not having to juggle between a bunch of other software.

Pros: Ontraport does a lot of things. For the small businesses that are just starting and not sure what they want, Ontraport is great.

Cons: Ontraport made me terrified of all-in-one solution packages. It does a lot of things... but nothing well. Every solution that it solves also has a huge "Yes, BUT..." Rising prices, followed by my inability to do what I need for it to do perfectly, has made me leave Ontraport. Like, being able to control permissions for wordpress pages is neat. But incredibly tedious to disable access when there's a lot of content. Subscriptions would be hard to manage if the customer had multiple products. Email campaigns were difficult to execute. Just a long laundry list of problems. If you're a small business that DOES know what you want, and the software to handle it -- I recommend that solution instead.

by ONTRAPORT on 1/6/2018

Thank you for your honest review. We would love to hear more about what your needs are so that we can submit them as feature releases. While we continue to bring core functionalities businesses need under one roof, we appreciate getting feedback from our users so we can continue to grow alongside the market. Please submit to our support team at [email protected]

• Reviewed on 12/4/2018
Abel U.
Managing Director
  • Reviewed on 11/11/2020

"Ontraport Helps In My Business Growth"

Comments: Ontraport is a "DO IT YOURSELF" platform that delivers essential and effective business features, like marketing automation, a powerful CRM system, outstanding email delivery, etc. It is my best email marketing campaign platform.

Pros: Ontraport Sales and its automation documents to clients are amazing. They have an effective customer support system and are always there to render any possible assistance whenever I experience any issue.

Cons: They don't have flexible mobile App features, to have the best experience with Ontraport, I recommend using their desktop version. It will be super cool if you could improve your email tracking for each individual user.

by Ontraport on 3/12/2020

Hello Abel. We appreciate your feedback as we always look to our customer reviews to see how we can best improve our platform. Mobile app is still in the works so stay tuned and thanks for the positive review. :)

• Reviewed on 11/11/2020
Jan L.
Consultant
  • Reviewed on 10/9/2020

"Ontraport does it all"

Pros: I have been using Ontraport since early 2016 and it's been a reliable backbone for my business. There were some small issues along the way, but they were mostly user errors and they were quickly addressed by the support. The flexibility that Ontraport offers is incredible. A couple of years ago you would need a team of programmers to achieve what they offer. Incredible tool.

Cons: Hard to think of any. Really happy with the service provided.

by Ontraport on 18/9/2020

Glad our support team has been able to help with the hiccups along the way! Thanks for taking the time to leave this review, Jan. :)

• Reviewed on 10/9/2020
Rebecca B.
Business Strategist & Coach
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 25/9/2020

"I love this CRM! Ontraport has changed the way I do business"

Comments: Amazing experience from the day I joined over 4 years ago until today.

Pros: I love this CRM! Ontraport has changed the way I do business and I recommend it to all my clients (and let's face it - to anyone who will listen). The support is wonderful and the platform is powerful. You can set up any funnel you can dream up! Before OP, I was overworked, after getting OP I have so much more time to pour into my clients. You won't regret making the leap! Questions - ask me!

Cons: The only thing is that at the time of this review they don't YET have countdown timers in their emails - but the key word is "YET" because they are always taking new feature requests from their community.

by Ontraport on 3/12/2020

Reviews like this one is what keeps us doing what we do. Glad you've found Ontraport to be successful for your business. Thanks Rebecca!

• Reviewed on 25/9/2020
Mitch B.
  • Reviewed on 8/11/2017

"Ontraport is so powerful and flexible - almost to the point of overwhelm"

Comments: The biggest benefit is that it allows us to intelligently segment our customers and have a true CRM where we can see what happened when and troubleshoot errors.

Pros: You can just do so much with this software. It's amazing to have the ability to use such a powerful tool where we can design helpful systems for all aspects of our business without ever having to pay or consult a developer. The new updates they have made to the software have been amazing, and I love how there is always a helpful support person just one click away if you ever get stuck.

Cons: Because the software can do so much and is so flexible, it can be a bit overwhelming and at times confusing because you end up doing things in a non-standard way which can lead to a messy account.

Hi Mitch!

There are so many possibilities within ONTRAPORT. A best practice is to think through each process and what reporting you would like before building. You can always share your build with the ONTRAPORT Facebook User Community to get feedback before launching. Our experts and power users usually do this to see if there are other ways to build more efficiently.

• Reviewed on 8/11/2017
Daniel G.
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/11/2017

"Used campaigns, rules, message sequences to structure our business."

Comments: I was able to automate tasks that would otherwise require someone to send out various emails to thousands of people.

Pros: I like the functionality of campaigns, tags, triggers, and sequences most. It's very helpful and means I can automate what I would otherwise have to pay someone else to do.

Cons: The inability to sanitize campaign data during testing (i.e. I test buy a product and lifetime customer value report will always say I earned $X - I cannot reset it after testing, unless I want to copy and paste the whole campaign to start again, which would require more time to test. Also, it's a fairly slow/bandwidth intensive software to use.

by ONTRAPORT on 1/6/2018

Hi Daniel! Thank you for your review. Glad to see you would recommend us to a friend. We use task automation on campus for many of our departments to save us time as well.

We hear you about the testing feature in campaigns. Did you know that our team takes feature requests and we vote them up based on customer wants? To up-vote this request, shoot an email to [email protected] and have them give this function a thumbs up.

• Reviewed on 22/11/2017
Justin R.
Marketing Associate
11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/1/2018

"Transfered my email services to Ontraport this year. Sales & Efficiency has improved!"

Comments: Increased sales per send from previous platform.

Pros: I really like the hands on customer service, we have had multiple "how to" conference calls that were extremely helpful. I also like the easy, clean templates. The Email automation has improved our efficiency.

Cons: None off the top of my head really. I have only been using this for 6-12 months. Would be nice to be able to update or delete sales transactions from a customer profile.

Hi Justin!

Thank you for the perfect rating. We like you too!

• Reviewed on 10/1/2018
Wendy M.
Management Consulting
    3.5 /5
  • Reviewed on 23/4/2015

"A highly scalable system that can do a lot"

Pros: The customer service support is outstanding. Ontraport is basically a very scalable system - if you know how to use it. Their staff are amazing at helping you with your questions and in teaching you how to use the system.

Cons: At present, the price. In USD it is making it quite unaffordable due to a falling AUD where I live. Also I feel the system needs to be tiered. I don't use it as much to warrant the fee per month but don't want to leave the system either.

• Reviewed on 23/4/2015
Keith J.
VP of Operations
  • Reviewed on 8/2/2018

"Positive experience. Noticed an increase in email marketing return. Efficiency increased."

Pros: Customer automation. Customer support calls are highly beneficial. Potential customer information capture.

Cons: The unsubscribe feature lacks the ability to unsubscribe from just the one email. It relates to the whole campaign

Hi Keith!

Thank you for the positive review. I'm glad to hear you've had an increase in marketing return since using our software. There is a way to set up sequences so that leads can unsubscribe from only that sequence. Shoot an email to [email protected] to see if this would fit your needs.

• Reviewed on 8/2/2018
Steven D.
Head of Product
Environmental Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/12/2019

"Complicated + Expensive....Better Options In My Experience"

Comments: Frustrating and expensive would be the best way to sum it up. ActiveCampaign feels like a better option that costs less....if you're going to go with an expensive option with all the features + potential power, might as well go with InfusionSoft If you're going to use an InfusionSoft or an Ontraport....you better be (or have someone on team) with some technical chops + patience for troubleshooting.

Pros: It is essentially a 'full stack' tool in that you can create your marketing web pages and forms in Ontraport that then connect directly to your CRM, email, marketing automation, etc tools It has the potential to be powerful and allow what would normally take multiple tools to be housed all in one.

Cons: It was complicated to use. It was honestly easier to manage multiple different tools and tie them together via Zapier or API or other integrations. Had multiple frustrating issues working with the Ontraport tool to the point where we ended up switching away.

• Reviewed on 10/12/2019
Armin M.
Marketer
  • Reviewed on 7/4/2018

"CRM software our organization has been using for a long time"

Pros: What I like most about this software is the Class A customer support. Communication is on-going and great if there are issues.

Cons: I wish the dashboard was more intuitive. Very often, the software seems to be lagging dragging out simple tasks and making it difficult for our team to accomplish daily tasks efficiently.

by ONTRAPORT on 1/6/2018

Thanks for being a part of the ONTRAPORT family Armin! I'm glad to hear you've had great experience with our support team - that is something we strive for. We hear you about the dashboard and I've added a vote to our feature release.

• Reviewed on 7/4/2018
Lisa M.
Hospitality
    2.5 /5
    1.5 /5

"Ontraport - OAP"

Pros: It is simple to use and you can set up complicated e-mail sequences to fire automatically

Cons: It is very glitchy, it is not supported by people like driftflow, zapier, optin monster to name a few, the sales order process is horrible. Support is via e-mail only which can get really frustrating. It is only built for an american, to get the sales order pages to work for me I have to add html. I cannot use large amounts of the system

David H.
Spiritual Teacher
  • Reviewed on 9/5/2018

"My primary experience with this software was getting people OFF of it."

Pros: I like that it exists and serves people and gets the job done. Outside of that, there's little I really love about this software. I can use the functionality, but there are much more intuitive alternatives and much cheaper ones too.

Cons: I know there are many practical uses for a software this big, and that everyone uses one of the big email marketing softwares and that you "should" use them too. I see the benefits, compared to a Mailchimp, and I also think few people get much from a software this complex and are better off sticking with a software they understand.

by ONTRAPORT on 1/6/2018

Hi David! Business owners usually move to ONTRAPORT after they find a point solution isn't the right fit for their needs. Having all of your lead, client, eCommerce, support and more notes and interactions under one roof make it so that teams have less "fall through the gap" type of experiences.

Businesses who are just getting started and only need the email marketing solution probably aren't the best fit. Appreciate your review!

• Reviewed on 9/5/2018
Social Media Marketing Manager
  • Reviewed on 7/9/2018

"Great CRM software - terrible email builder"

Pros: Ontraport is a powerful system for managing my business. At first glance, it has everything I need - CRM, email automations, all the good stuff. If you aren't as picky as me, it should meet your needs

Cons: I had a lot of issues with Ontraport - mostly in the realm of marketing automation. The biggest issue - the one that caused me to cancel almost immediatly - was the fact that you can't put bullet lists into emails! How is that possible? People don't read emails - they scan them.

by Ontraport on 8/2/2019

We hear you! We have since released bulleted lists in our email builder. Thank you for your feedback, we are constantly making changes and updates to our software to make it the system that has everything you need.

• Reviewed on 7/9/2018
Chandler E.
Marketing Technologist
  • Reviewed on 10/3/2018

"Great For Small Businesses"

Comments: Marketing automations

Pros: With no setup fees and a monthly cost that is less than 1/10th of what some of their competitors are charging for the same level of service, Ontraport is designed solely a with small businesses focus.

Cons: Their reporting dashboard isn't visually appealing as it doesn't have graphs and charts. You have to export data to make it pretty.

by ONTRAPORT on 1/6/2018

Hi Chandler, thanks for your review! Have you taken a look at Performance Mode? Many of the data points and reporting we pull can be seen in the beautiful Campaign Builder from this mode. If not or you'd like to learn how to set this up, shoot an email to [email protected]

• Reviewed on 10/3/2018
Elesha J.
Freelancer
  • Reviewed on 10/4/2018

"I use this several times a week"

Pros: I like that fact that I can make an email in minutes. It's very simple to use even if you're someone who's new to email systems.

Cons: I don't like that fact that lists/groups are hard to set up if you don't do it as you are importing contacts.

by ONTRAPORT on 1/6/2018

Hi Elesha,thanks for the positive review!
A best practice for groups/lists that we use here on the ONTRAPORT campus is to add in a tag for the import (import:june12018). That way you can easily create a group around that import.

• Reviewed on 10/4/2018
Ksenia B.
HR manager
  • Reviewed on 11/3/2018

"Powerful, multifaceted, intuitive"

Comments: It just simplifies so many processes. Being able to build a page, send emails, manage contacts, and set up campaigns all under one roof makes everything so straightforward. We're better able to roll out new ideas and events because multiple team members have learned the simple UI, and because we don't have to juggle amongst several different services for each step of the process.

Pros: I like how easy it is to create a sequence of events from start to finish--a page for customers to visit, a form to fill out, an email to send them upon form submission, a page to be routed to, a campaign of future emails to be added to... it's all so simple to set up with Ontraport's vastly powerful tools and visually intuitive interface.

Cons: Some quirks and bugs in the page editors can make building a page frustrating--for instance, in the sidebar where you upload a photo for a certain block of the page, your cursor naturally tracks over Ontraport's sample photos on the way to the Submit button--and hovering over one of those images causes it to be chosen, overwriting the image you just uploaded and inserted. I have to take a scenic route in a big C-shape with my cursor to avoid this happening. Little quirks like that stack up and become pretty frustrating.

Hi Ksenia!

Glad you and your team are using and enjoying the software. We hear you about the page builder. Keep an eye out for updates, we are constantly making the UI and experience better.

• Reviewed on 11/3/2018
Lakshmia F.
Marketing Strategist
Online Media, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 6/3/2019

"All in one tool for online business"

Pros: Landing pages, tutorials, trainings and automation

Cons: Pricing isn't the easiest to understand
Not enough native integrations

by Ontraport on 18/4/2019

Hi Lakshmia! We're glad to hear you're enjoying our tutorials and automation. Thank you for the feedback on pricing ? we are always working to make the customer experience better.

• Reviewed on 6/3/2019
Louis R.
Commercial Manager
Music, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/3/2020

"Simply the best CRM I have ever used"

Comments: Simply a great product. I have used and implemented multiple CRMs, from big names to smaller ones, but this really is the cream of the crop. Recommend highly.

Pros: Great customer support, super flexible tool, straightforward integration, not really much more you could ask for from a CRM.

Cons: Visually it is not incredible, the UX takes a bit of time getting used to and the dashboard could do with some improvements and more features, but this is a small price to pay.

by Ontraport on 12/5/2020

Thanks for taking the time to give us your positive and constructive feedback, Louis! We'll pass on the message to our support team. :)

As for the dashboard, we're always making improvements and it's a project we're actively working on, so stay tuned!

• Reviewed on 18/3/2020
Natalie O.
Management Consulting
    4.5 /5
  • Reviewed on 9/4/2015

"Ontraport Gives You Everything In One Place"

Pros: Ontraport has so many features, it includes everything you need to stay in touch with, follow up with, and keep track of all your customers, lists, emails sent and customer purchases. All the clients I work with who have Ontraport absolutely love working with it!

Cons: It can be confusing at first to find all the pieces and where they hide.

• Reviewed on 9/4/2015
Victor C.
MD
Media Production, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/7/2019

"Poor Tool, Poor User Experience, Poor Customer Services"

Pros: Cancelling the account - very little about the tool is good enough

Cons: bad email formatting - lead tracking - customer support - interface

• Reviewed on 10/7/2019
Sorin D.
Director of Marketing
Computer Software
    4.5 /5
  • Reviewed on 22/4/2015

"Very versatile and simple to use"

Pros: Constant fight for upgrades and work for getting a better product

Cons: The fact that it is easy to use, the way this guys connect with there customers

Maggie M.
Marketing Manager
Medical Practice, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/11/2020

"Good for the Money"

Pros: Easy to use, support is great. Not as good as Hupspot but much more affordable.

Cons: You can text contacts, but notifications of text messages in reply are virtually no existent.

by Ontraport on 3/12/2020

Thanks for your feedback, Maggie!

• Reviewed on 17/11/2020