15 years helping Irish businesses

About ResMan

ResMan is your top choice in multifamily real estate. Tailored, seamless solutions with open architecture simplify property management.

Learn more about ResMan

Pros:

They are easy to get along with and I predict they will give Yardi and Onesite a run for their money.

Cons:

I don't think at this time there is anything missing or needed to be done.

ResMan ratings

4.6
4.4
4.5
4.6

8.8/10

ResMan has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 462 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used ResMan before?

Becky
Becky
Vice President in US

Easy, convenient

Pros:

I love that I can get an easy overview of my entire portfolio. The dashboard is useful, the reports are great and the software is very intuitive. There is an easy flow between products and everything is included in the monthly price.

Cons:

I would like better reporting for excluded units

Erica
Leasing in US

ResMan

Pros:

Love the thorough reporting Payment processing is easier than ever Support is always very responsive with appropriate timing

Cons:

The onboarding process was undesirable.. we had to basically manually onboard ourselves after the transfer, with most of our questions going unanswered. Our rep, [sensitive content hidden], couldn't really answer anything and would just point us to the knowledge center every time, even though we had exhausted that option already. She would then just put in a support ticket, which was nothing we couldn't do ourselves. Maybe just a more hands on rep for onboarding clients would be helpful!! Other than that, I love the software and am happy with the reports, and accounting abilities.

7 months ago

Hello Erica, thank you so much for taking the time to review ResMan. We're glad to hear that the platform's reporting, payment, and accounting functionality are user-friendly and our support team has been able to help you with any issues you've come across. I'll be sure to share your additional feedback regarding your onboarding experience with the team to help improve in the future. Thank you for sharing your insights with us. Have a fantastic day!

Greg
Real Estate, 11–50 Employees

Resman has a long way to go before it is a good system.

Pros:

At this point, I don't find much of resman to be functional other than rental payments.

Cons:

I moved for the affordable features and none of them are working as planned. I run a section 8 property and I wanted a better setup than my other software, which is outdated. For some reason, it appears that I am the first affordable customer, as I run into endless bugs and issues that clearly should have been fixed previously. The software is calculating inappropriate tenant rent and nobody at support can tell me why. My old software has no problem with this calculation. Resman can't get it correct. One of my certifications was not accepted because the default income codes in Resman are incorrect. Nobody including support can figure out the correct TRACS income codes. This is something onboarding completed missed. When an applicant applies to a unit, they are locked into that unit and can't be moved because while they are only an applicant and haven't moved in, Resman thought it was a good idea from a compliance standpoint to keep you from moving the unit. This is insane. You need to be able to move someone freely between units. Resman uses DocuSign for signing documents, which is great. However, the default DocuSign signature fields were in the wrong place on my certification. How is this the default template? This should have been working from day 1! The template letters, which the sales team used as a way to get me interested in the product all have typos and other errors in them. You can't just use what is in the system. The UI is not modern. It does not rescale on different size monitors, making a large screen monitor pointless. There is no mobile app for landlords and management. This is 2023, every software should have a mobile app. This software does not work well on a mobile browser, as it doesn't change to a mobile layout. I have been on this software not even a month and I wish I never switched. It takes 99% of my day and all I do is fix errors, find problems, and send them to support, who is unable to provide answers or fix anything.

SHAUN
Regional Supervisor in US
Commercial Real Estate, 51–200 Employees

I love Resman

Pros:

very user friendly, love the training links

Cons:

wish I would have known about this software years ago

Billi Jo
COO in US

Biggest Fan

Comments: From my Rep on day 1 to the current state of my portfolio my overall experience has been great.

Pros:

Having been in the industry for 25 yrs and worked on various Property Management Software solutions, I am forever a lover of all things ResMan!

Cons:

I would like to see an app for users. Signing in can be a hassle.

7 months ago

Hello Billi Jo, thank you so much for taking the time to review ResMan. We're glad to hear that we're the platform of your choice among other alternatives on the market. We're happy that its been a positive experience working with us at ResMan! I'll be sure to share your additional feedback with the team to help improve the experience in the future. Thank you for sharing your insights with us. Have a fantastic day!

Jennifer

Awesome Software

Comments: I have had a great experience and anytime I have to reach out to support they are super friendly and helpful.

Pros:

I love that it combines my Application/Lease software, screening software and payments into one program and I am not having to go to each individual one.

Cons:

In invoices if you have a credit due to a return you have to go and back out the original payment so it can be applied to that transaction vs just being able to select one that has already been paid out.

7 months ago

Hello Jennifer, thank you so much for taking the time to review the ResMan platform. We're happy to hear that you can manage everything you need in a centralized platform together and have had a positive experience overall. I'll be sure to share your additional feedback with the team to help improve the experience in the future. Thank you for sharing your insights with us. Have a fantastic day!

Margaret
COO in US

Best Move Ever

Comments: OMG - they have everything now. We are able to optimize all angles of property management.

Pros:

Resman is the by far the simplest and easiest software program. Training new employees, even those with limited computer skills is simple.

Cons:

Support is a little slow and confusing at times.

7 months ago

Hello Margaret, thank you for taking the time to review the ResMan platform. We appreciate you sharing your experience and insight with us! We are excited to continue delivering value to our users and customers now, and into the future. Have a great day!

Alyssalyn

Monterey at Beach - Review

Comments: I am in LOVE with ResMan. I would be devastated to move to another software. Even with the simple glitches its still a 10/10 for our property.

Pros:

I love how easy you can access everything you might use all in 1 place. It's easy for every level that you come in on and it's so versatile whether I am using it under COA or LLC

Cons:

There are only a few glitches with ResMan, but the good far outweighs the bad. 1) Applications process, some time it glitches in the last couple of steps and we end up having to move to a paper app. 2) I would love if there is a way to remove charges out of the original delinquency list of just delinquent rent.

10 months ago

Thank you so much for providing your feedback using ResMan! We're so happy to hear that the solution is versatile and helps you in your role. I'll be sure to share your additional feedback with the team to help improve your experiences in the future. We appreciate the kind words and thank you again for sharing with us!

Olivia
Olivia

The Ups and Downs of Resman

Comments: Resman is easy to use for everyday simple task and very efficient, the problem I have experienced is not being able to correct a mistake or back up when needed simply and quickly.
Overall I would absolutely recommend this software to other property management companies.

Pros:

I love that it is so easy to navigate. I will be paying bills and need a GL Code, so instead of pulling out the list you can just put like paint in the search bar and get the Code you need. Simple and efficient I like that our background screening and rent payment site is accessible within Resman. I love the little lizard guy. I like that you can stroll over something and get an explanation of it's function, that is wonderful.

Cons:

I have no way to back up, so I have to pull the addresses back up while working in them. I do not like that you cannot just enter someones phone number without getting their birth date and social, it will not let you save the number without it and some people don't like providing that info when all you really need is an updated contact number. I have had issues when trying to take a roommate off the lease and creates an accounting nightmare that I have yet to be able to correct. When doing the move out reconciliations I have found that a simple mistake will create double charges.

Obaid

Very Easy to Use

4.0 last month New

Pros:

I used resman and liked the software. It was easy to navigate around, functional and made it pretty easy to follow.

Cons:

I can't think of any, it was pretty straightforward and easy to use.

last month

Hello Obaid! Thank you for your review of ResMan! We're glad to hear that our solution's ease-of-use and functionality helps you inn your role. Thank you again for your insights and feedback!

Aminah
Accountant in US
Accounting, 201–500 Employees

Resman, alternative to expensive competitors

Comments: Every accounting software has its loopholes but the difference is how the software company make use of any loopholes reported. With Resman, they have people dedicated to improving their software and they welcome suggestions and observation. Then they don't take that lightly. They discuss it with their development team and find a solution immediately. Other software company may listen but they may not take action according to expectation. I have been using Resman for almost two years now and so far, I do not have any significant complaint yet. I give them 4 out of 5 stars. The missing one star, being the room for more improvement.

Pros:

I like the fact that they have dedicated friendly Customer service who would be there for you by email, by chat and by phone specially when Resman is new to you and trying to learn its features. Compared to other accounting software I have used, I would most likely recommend Resman to others. I also like the fact that they take criticism and reported loopholes constructively to improve and develop their software better to be more competitive. Another this I like about Resman is they help you when you set up the books at its initial stage.

Cons:

Initially, I did not like the bank rec modules, but it looks like my problem with it has been addressed. I also least like the transaction categories because when you create charges, you think the category you chose would flow through the financial reports, but not all the time. It depends on how the transaction categories are being set up. If they were set up incorrectly, then your reports will not be correct and you will end up doing a journal entry to correct them and it is not efficient in a way. Garbage in, garbage out, sort of. What I would like to see is when you create charges, you should be able to choose from the chart of accounts directly, and not from the transaction categories.

6 years ago

Aminah, Thank you for two years of loyalty and understanding. We have come a long way and as we continue to grow, expect us to be even better! --Dennis Behrman, SVP of Marketing | [email protected]

Laura
Business Services Manager in US

Res-Man

Comments: we love the online features, as a business continuing to grow Resman feels like it has grown with us, there really is nothing lacking that I can think of

Pros:

the features are very easy to navigate and almost everything we can do as an admin, there are a few times we have to call just because it is something out of our ability but when we do call everyone is very helpful and knowledgeable. I believe that the customer service has grown alot in 3 years before it was hard to reach anyone but now it is very efficient.

Cons:

so far you all have kept the pace with other software, the ease of Resman is very nice to work with

10 months ago

Thank you so much for sharing your experience using ResMan! We're so glad that our solution is easy to navigate and allows you to be the best in your role. That's the goal! We appreciate your kind words and the shout-out to customer service. I'll be sure to let them know! Thank you again for sharing with us, and we hope to continue to grow together with you!

Melanie
Real Estate, 501–1,000 Employees

Great Program

Comments: Overall the program works great and I enjoy using it.

Pros:

Resman makes it easy to communicate with your residents. The text feature is by far my favorite thing.

Cons:

The Easy Lease integration with Blue Moon. There are lots of bugs that never seem to get fixed. Things that previously work, just stop working. Also, there should be a way to merge duplicate contacts.

5 years ago

Melanie, thanks for taking the time to review ResMan! Your remarks about Blue Moon are a regular topic of discussion in our office. Leasing laws and regulations are abundant, lengthy, complex, and frequently changing. That makes integrations and automation challenging since every time a regulation is introduced or modified, a form needs to be changed, which requires the software to be updated. It can be frustrating for users and software developers alike! We have a team that monitors for changes and implements software updates as fast as possible. We envision a day when Blue Moon integration rarely results in a bug. We're constantly working toward that goal. Thanks for your business! We love all of our friends at 1st Choice! Dennis Behrman | SVP of Marketing

Norma
Assistant Manager in US

Remsan

Comments: I have been using Resman the past 2 1/2 years and love fit.

Pros:

I have been in the business since 2005 and by far Resman is the most user-friendly software I have ever used.

Cons:

In using resman the past few years I have not ran into any issues that I can think of at this monent

10 months ago

Thank you so much for sharing your experience using ResMan! We're so happy to hear that our solution is the most user-friendly software you've used! We appreciate those kind words as our goal is to hopefully allow teams to put more focus on their residents and the community, instead of worrying about any issues with their software. That's the goal! Thank you again for sharing with us!

Anc
Office Manager in US
Accounting, 51–200 Employees

ResMan is like no other software

Comments: I personally love ResMan because it has allowed me to increase efficiency and accuracy. I think it has saved the company a significant amount of money because without ResMan we would have had to hire many more people to complete the tasks that now are performed by two.

Pros:

ResMan is designed to save you time and make sure that your entries are correct. I love that there is more than one way to complete an action (for example, to record an invoice you can click on the Invoice link on the bottom menu, or go to invoices from the top menu), and that there are checks in place that do not allow to save a transaction unless every cell has been completed correctly. I also like how customizable the system is by allowing you to create different permissions for each user, different permissions and custom settings for each property, and different reports based on personal/company preferences. Before we switched to ResMan, we had different softwares to track the different activities pertaining to managing properties, but now everything is in one place and it is so much more convenient and time efficient.

Cons:

There was only one element that I did not like about ResMan and that was when every report displayed the ResMan logo in bright blue. The issue was addressed and the logo was removed within a short time.

Shelley
Accounting Manager in US
Accounting, 201–500 Employees

Resman

Comments: Very pleased with this product - I have been here 26 years and this multi family product is the best one that is out there

Pros:

Ease of use - all areas are covered - communication is solid

Cons:

Nothing really - its been so easy setting into the use of Resman - its always been functional

7 months ago

Hello Shelley, thank you so much for taking the time to review ResMan. We're happy to hear the platform is user-friendly and overall has all the functionality you need to succeed in your role. It means a lot that we're your preferred property management software with the experience you've shared. Thank you for sharing your insights with us. Have a fantastic day!

Chelsea
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 51–200 Employees

A walk in the park.....

Comments: Honestly, better than any other Property Management software I've ever used.

Pros:

Resman is Constantly updating their software, fixing "bugs", and the help page is an amazing asset that i'm constantly using.

Cons:

When creating a new Templet for the residents which includes Emails form and Text form, there is a 160-letter MAX allowed and it's very frustrating to me.

10 months ago

Thank you so much for sharing your experience using ResMan! We're so excited to hear that our solution is "a walk in the park" so to say, and that the knowledge center enables you to be the best in your role you can be! :) That's the goal! I'll be sure to share your additional feedback with the team to help improve future experiences. Thank you again for sharing with us!

Heather
Area Manager in US

My Resman Experience

Comments: Overall I've been very pleased with Resman.

Pros:

I think just the overall fact that it's user friendly.

Cons:

When the system updates roll out and it causes clitches in the system.

7 months ago

Hello Heather, thank you so much for taking the time to review ResMan. We're glad to hear the platform is user-friendly and helps you to be successful in your role. I'll be sure to share your additional feedback with the team to help improve the experience in the future. Thank you for sharing your insights with us. Have a fantastic day!

Crystle

Management

Comments: like it

Pros:

Ease of use and everything is easy to find when looking

Cons:

Slow when everyone is on and the screen just sits there and loads

7 months ago

Hello Crystle, thank you so much for taking the time to review the ResMan platform. We're happy to hear that it is user-friendly and you can find what you need easily. I'll be sure to share your additional feedback with the team to help improve the experience in the future. Thank you for sharing your insights with us. Have a fantastic day!

Sandra

Resman

Pros:

Easy functions with delinquent reports and board Page is very easy to keep track of delinquecy and propery daily task.

Cons:

Need for training videos available . Contacting help is sometimes a pain.

7 months ago

Hello Sandra, thank you so much for taking the time to review the ResMan platform. We're happy to hear that our delinquency reporting and BoardRoom functionality help you in your day-to-day operations. I'll be sure to share your additional feedback with the team to help improve the experience in the future. Thank you for sharing your insights with us. Have a fantastic day!

Malikah

LOVE IT!

Pros:

I like that it user friendly. Very easy to navigate

Cons:

There are no issued that i have when I use the system.

7 months ago

Hello Malikah, thank you so much for taking the time to review ResMan. We're glad to hear the platform is user-friendly and easy to navigate to help you be successful in your role. Thank you for sharing your insights with us. Have a fantastic day!

william
Community Manager in US

Best of the Best

Comments: Like I stated earlier I have used a lot of different software and Resman is my Favorite!!

Pros:

It is user friendly software. I taught myself how to use Resman. I have been on 3 or 4 other software's before. From MIA to several Versions of Yardi, To OneSite. Resman has my vote hands down. I am in no way a computer whiz. But with Resman, it gives me confidence I can do my Job to the best of my ability.

Cons:

The thing I dislike the most if I have to pick something is to me when I am using the text feature trying to go back and see what you have texted is a challenge clicking the mouse just so in the right place.

10 months ago

Thank you so much for sharing your experience using ResMan! We're so glad that our solution allows you to put your focus on your residents and the community, instead of issues with your software. That's the goal! I'll be sure to share your additional feedback with the team to help improve experiences in the future. Thank you again for sharing!

Kim
Community Director in US
Real Estate, 2–10 Employees

Resman is a great product!

Comments: Highly recommend to anyone!

Pros:

I absolutely love this software! I've been in the Multi-family Industry for over 20 years and have tried so many different programs. Resman is easy to use- Navigation is a breeze. Use of short cuts really saves time. I love the ability to have short cut links to the reports I print most often. I can look at my Dashboard and in minutes know everything from Occupancy to Renewals and Maintenance trends. Training and support are easy to understand and they get things resolved quickly. I love the ability to post delinquency notes on multiple apartments on the dash board in minutes. Messaging/Emailing Residents has never been easier! If I had the opportunity, I would love to go to more Resman Trainings. The great thing is, I continue to find more ways to be productive with the ease of Resman.

Cons:

Sometimes runs a little slow. (Honestly could be my internet). Wish you could link to the apartment when you are on the dashboard of delinquency notes. (Quick link) Wish the texting platform told you not only the name, but also the apartment number.

Betsy
Community Manager in US
Commercial Real Estate, 51–200 Employees

Navigating the Dashboard System

Comments: We are able to do online payments, customize property specific reports and monitor progress of recertifications with audit tools for efficiency.

Pros:

The Dashboard system helps you to navigate your residents accounts, properties and accounting portfolios in an easy to use your choice custom format for daily work use.

Cons:

There are many sections of the process to navigate through that takes time to coordinate step by step processing. The "help" system is convenient to use with this concern and the on-call support representatives are very helpful.

10 months ago

We appreciate you sharing your experience with us using ResMan! It's fantastic to hear that you find it user-friendly and customizable. Your positive comments about our support system and the efficiency in reporting and compliance readiness are valued. Our goal is to enable our user to be the best in their role they can be, and we hope to continue to deliver on that! I'll be sure to share your additional feedback with the team to help improve future experiences. Thank you again for sharing with us!

Amanda
Assistant Manager in US
Consumer Services, 51–200 Employees

Resman review

Comments: I have been using Resman for 3 years and it is easy and quick to use and learn.

Pros:

I like how simple and easy this system is to use. Every time I have called customer service I have had my questions answered.

Cons:

I wish there was a way that I could text my residents. Everyone including prospects have asked me to text them for one thing or another and I cannot. Please find a way for us to change this.

6 years ago

Amanda, I'm so sorry if there's confusion, but SMS / texting is currently an important and widely-enjoyed feature of ResMan Essentials. You can send individual or bulk emails and texts and your residents can respond to them. In the main menu at the top of the screen, click "Tools," then look under "Communication" and you should see these great features. (If not, please contact support!) Another great part of our resident communication feature is that your software has a built-in communication log so that you can track who communicated, when communication was sent, and how you communicated. --Dennis Behrman, SVP of Marketing | [email protected]