• Overall
    4.6 /5
    4.6 /5
    4.5 /5

About Zoho Invoice

Send invoices for projects and customer expenses, receive payment and track the overall health of your business quickly and efficiently

Learn more about Zoho Invoice

Chase B.
Wholesale, Self Employed

"Wonderful System"

Comments: I use Zoho and think it is a wonderful system. The functionality along with the ease of use make it essential for my business. The app is amazing and allows me to get work done on the fly.

Pros: Ease of use, ability to add items on the fly

Cons: no sales history per customer/per invoice, ability to search items via description while in invoice/estimate

David S.
consultant
Computer & Network Security, 2-10 Employees

"It always works"

Comments: it has paid for itself over and over for the times it was so simple and fast to just add a billable hour, that I would have otherwise forgotten to bill.

Pros: Simple, fast, works on every smartphone and type of computer. Paypal payments, integration with the web site for customer portal.

Cons: can't change the name of something after they are invoiced, for example, if the project was called "IT Consulting" and is now tied to one customer, it is hard to find later in a list of all projects. If it could be renamed to "Big Client IT Consulting" that would solve issue

Analyst - Portfolio Management Group
Financial Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2/2/2019

"Quick, Easy Invoices"

Comments: I use Zoho Invoice for my personal business. As a sole proprietor, Zoho is all I need and simplifies the invoicing process for me. I conduct business in both the US and Canada, so the ability to send invoices in different languages is a life saver. Also really like how I can use different templates for different customers. Very happy overall and would recommend to any other sole proprietors!

Pros: The variety of invoice templates that Zoho gives you, different language options for the invoices, and tools to set up automatic and recurring invoices.

Cons: There weren't any negative features that stood out to me--simple to use and learn. One could argue that it doesn't come with an extraordinary number of features, but Zoho offers other software for that.

• Reviewed on 2/2/2019
Perry H.
Computer Software, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 19/7/2017

"Totally life changing and amazing"

Comments: So many benefits, so few detriments. It's everything you'd want in an Invoicing/accounting system, without all of the steep learning curves that come with Quickbooks!!!

Pros: I love being able to create Estimates and then turn them into Invoices. I also love the layout and design. It works perfectly and is easily customizable.

Cons: You can't organize the columns by Status! There does not seem to be a way to access the emails that were sent to customers along with their Estimates and Invoices (but maybe I just can't figure out how to find them?!

• Reviewed on 19/7/2017
Kendyl V.
Owner/Designer
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

"Zoho far, Zoho good!"

Comments: I've been using Zoho for a few years and it's made my online business a thousand times easier and more efficient! Well done on a great product.

Pros: It's got a great interface and is really easy to use. I can keep track of any job at the touch of a button.

Cons: N/A

Rishabh G.

"We love ZOHO Invoice"

Comments: It's been more than 2 years and continue... We at iNFOTYKE, loving it. No matter I am in a meeting or travelling - I can quickly send estimates, invoices or pending receiving notes. Thank You Zoho. I love your iOS app with nice interface / UI. and.... I WILL CONTINUE USE. Highly Recommended.

Pros: User Interface
Functionality
Easy to handle
Secure

Cons: Graphs on iOS app (I am using iPhone 5S)

Kate B.
Celebrant
Events Services, Self Employed

"Makes life so easy!"

Comments: I absolutely love using Zoho for my small business. I love that I can so easily manage my business on the go using the app, and I can raise an invoice or send a receipt in seconds. I find Zoho easy to navigate and understand, and at tax time I found it so easy to compile all of the reports that I needed for my accountant. Zoho definitely meets all of my needs and I have already recommended it to other small business colleagues!

Pros: Easy to navigate, can use it on the go with the app, meets all of my needs

Katy T.
Payment Specialist
Financial Services, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/6/2021

"Good for both established businesses and freelancers"

Pros: The outlay is simple but effective. There aren't any unnecessary features and maneuvering is easy . The invoice design has a professional look to it, while also giving you room for customization .

Cons: You can't use it offline .We can't link it properly to our CRM and have to manually compose the invoices ,instead of being able to automate some aspects .

• Reviewed on 10/6/2021
Kreeti P.
Digital Marketing Manager
Restaurants, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/8/2019

"More Than A Invoicing Software"

Pros: This software consists of everything that an individual or small to medium enterprises requires to manage like contacts, create invoices, receivables, and expenses.

Cons: This app cannot be integrated with Zoho inventory which I dislike.

• Reviewed on 24/8/2019
Artur K.
Owner of Kraft.marketing
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 27/2/2019

"My favourite invoicing software"

Comments: I absolutely love it. I would recommend it to everyone.

Pros: I love Zoho Invoice - it has everything I need. Scheduling, customer portal, PayPal, Stripe payments. It also integrates nicely with other Zoho software.

Cons: I would change the limits. Free tier limits you only to 5 customers.

• Reviewed on 27/2/2019
Ankit B.
Chief Executive Officer
  • Reviewed on 24/4/2018

"Very Good Invoicing Software for GST"

Comments: Easy Invoicing and Instant Payments options are amazing

Pros: 1) Takes into account Frequent Changes in the Taxation system.
2) Its Updated to latest tax rates so billing become easy
3)Able to store Contact for frequent Buyers for easy billing
4)Good for Freelancers as Items can be added very easily

Cons: 1) Can be made more robust
2)Internet is Required no offline tool available
3)Sometimes when the site is updating you are unable to create invoices

• Reviewed on 24/4/2018
Media and Content Developer
  • Reviewed on 5/9/2019

"Great Invoicing Tool Connected to CRM"

Comments: Zoho Invoice has, along with the other tools in Zoho Suite, done exactly what we've wanted it to do, and the integration with the other tools makes it invaluable to us. Invoicing along with our services (subscription and otherwise) is essential, and we need a trustworthy tool. This is it.

Pros: It is a simple tool, able to be connected to subscriptions, CRM, and any other Zoho Suite doc. It keeps our customers informed concerning billing, keeping their contact and payment info up to date, and provides a simple and convenient way to adjust everything.

Cons: This software has worked great for us. I will update if any further problems come along, but not so far.

by Zoho on 11/11/2019

Hey there,

Thanks a ton for the review!

We are so excited to know you like Zoho - not just the invoicing tool but the entire suite of apps! We wanted to build a powerful ecosystem with the front and back-offices connected. And it's nice to hear it back from our customers.

We would love to get in with you to learn more on your success story. I've sent along my contact information and you can shoot me an email if you are interested.

• Reviewed on 5/9/2019
Lareine M.
Entrpeneur
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/11/2016

"ZOHO makes your life easy!"

Comments: I have a small online business, and ZOHO makes my life much easier! Someone with no accounting experience and very little admin experience can use this with ease. (yes, I am talking about myself) I can do invoicing and quotations, track inventory, track payments and send review requests with ease. As my business grows, then I can add extra features, so you don't pay what what you don't use/need.
Thank you ZOHO! I have referred you to all my friends, and will keep doing so!

Pros: it's easy to use, everything i need is in 1 place

Cons: i have had some difficulty customizing the templates, but i figured it out

Jose rafael Z.
Asistente administrativode distribución de GLP
  • Reviewed on 10/7/2018

"Making invoices is no longer a problem thanks to Zoho Invoice"

Comments: One of the most complete software I have known for the management of invoices in my work, has excellent qualities that facilitate the functions at work. I strongly recommend this software to all companies, they will not regret using it

Pros: The Zoho network has a number of interesting programs that allow boosting corporate productivity, in the case that brings us up, Zoho Invoice is an excellent tool with fascinating potentials such as the preparation of invoices and budgets in real time, taking all the spatial particularities of the company such as taxes, fees, withholdings, increase or decrease of budget in the activities to be carried out. In addition to this, the software has an artificial intelligence that works like an alert making automatic reports of the current situation allowing to make appropriate decisions.

Cons: Our team of professionals have achieved only benefits of this software, we have no complaints or suggestions of this program because it works wonderfully with the current demands of our management

• Reviewed on 10/7/2018
National Account Manager
1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 5/4/2018

"We love using Zoho Invoice because it is extremely easy to use and the customization is wonderful"

Pros: Zoho Software is incredibly easy to use & has a pleasant UX. Our training period was a fraction of what it could have been, leading to increased productivity throughout all operations. It allows us to communicate much more easily with clients too, so our customer service has also greatly increased in quality.

Cons: The only mild inconvenience we experienced was not knowing that Zoho Invoice allows users to save notes for clients and colleagues. Once we learned that, deployment was a much more positive and painless experience.

• Reviewed on 5/4/2018
Trondur S.
  • Reviewed on 25/11/2016

"Fast easy flexible and "on the go""

Comments: Been using Zhoho invoice for three years, and my accounting on the go, has never been easier. While on public transport I book invoices, and I can keep track of hours I spend on creative work. Expenserecording with image attachment works fine.

Pros: Fast flexible

Cons: A little rough around the edges, refine please

Founder and CEO at PhraseExpander
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 22/2/2021

"Finally an invoicing software that is easy to use and just works"

Comments: Finally, I have a clear overview of my invoices and pending payments. I had been using Excel so far. What a relief!

Pros: The invoices look nice and professional and I can create templates and customize the invoice text based on my specific needs. The interface is simple and easy to use and customer support helped me setting things up the way I want.

Cons: I wish I could use formatting in terms and have a bit more customization abilities but generally speaking it does everything I need. I'd like native integration with Hubspot which is available only through Zapier.

by Zoho on 14/4/2021

Hi there,

Thank you so much for reviewing Zoho Invoice!

Switching from spreadsheets to Zoho Invoice is a great decision (must have been a relief!), and we're glad we could help you with the switch.

We're sorry that we don't have a native integration with Hubspot yet. However, with respect to the other requirement in terms of customization, would you mind dropping an email to support[at]zohoinvoice[dot]com? We'd love to help you with that.

• Reviewed on 22/2/2021
Gregor J.
Employee

"Zoho Invoice is great!"

Comments: We tried many other solutions, but Zoho Invoice is most suitable to us.
We like function Recurring Invoices which save us much time, as we send
few 100 invoices per month. Create a new invoices is quick and easy.
Also, using Reports give us great insight on how our business is doing.
Zoho Invoice really is right decision. We recommend!

Pros: - recurring invoices
- invoice/email templates
- reports
- reminders

Cons: We have a law that requests that all invoices has to be send to our country (TAX department).
Thats why we cant use Zoho Invoice for cash transactions, only for wire/bank transactions.
I would *really* love if we could somehow connect Zoho Invoice with FURS (http://www.fu.gov.si/en/)

Frank W.
Senior Software Engineer
  • Reviewed on 26/10/2018

"Zoho Invoice: great for small businesses"

Pros: This software is really simple to master and use. The UI is great, navigation is simple and it's easily customizable to meets your needs depending on what you want.
Creating customized invoices that match your brand is so easy that just about anyone can actually use this software.
I also like that the pricing is really affordable

Cons: It's not an accounting software. Just for invoices and must be used with CRM. Other than that, I don't see anything bad about this software

• Reviewed on 26/10/2018
Nitin T.
founder
  • Reviewed on 28/11/2016

"Must try invoice software!"

Comments: if your looking for an easy to use invoice software , with less jargon , great reports and slick billing you landed in the right place. Great billing software for professionals and small biz.
Easy billing , saves your client contacts and billing history , good stationery options , even reminds customers for your payments-time n again!

Pros: Ease to understand , easy to use. don't need an accountant - replace him partially for small set ups.
reminds customers for payments. can look your expenses and reports in easy to understand fashion

Cons: its not an accounting software! its only for billing and expense accounting. remember that!

• Reviewed on 28/11/2016
Kiran P.
Managing Director
Restaurants, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/9/2019

"Free Invoicing Software For All Kinds Of Small Businesses"

Comments: Zoho Invoice made it easier for us to generate a sales invoice for our customers online for free and with ease.

Pros: It is very much simple to use and offers a feature to edit templates of the invoices as per the requirement and convenience of a user.

Cons: Zoho Invoice is only ideal for invoicing and is not possible to conducting company accounting with it which I least like about it.

by Zoho on 5/11/2019

Hi Kiran,

Thanks for the review!

If you are looking for a single tool that can help you run invoicing as well as accounting, we would like to recommend Zoho Books.

If you already have a Zoho Invoice account, you can even seamlessly upgrade to Zoho Books so that all your invoicing data is transferred over.

You can give it a shot and keep us posted.

Regards,

• Reviewed on 17/9/2019
Andy J.
Designer
Graphic Design, Self Employed

"Mr"

Comments: Zoho Invoice provides a full-featured accounting tool for self-employed service professionals who don't need to manage bank accounts or balance sheet assets. If you sell your time or sell (or resell) products you create and don't need an inventory system, Zoho Invoice is nearly perfect.

Pros: Practically everything is so well-thought out. Zoho Invoice is everything a self-employed person or entrepreneur needs to manage contacts, quotes, invoices, receivables and expenses. It even has robust support for time billing (projects, tasks, etc.), sales tax, recurring invoices, and even multiple currencies (I just need USD, but the capability is there). Zoho Invoice is the almost perfect accounting tool I need to track income and expenses. When my data is entered and up to date, getting my data to my accountant for income tax prep is as simple as exporting two spreadsheets.

Cons: The expense feature set includes the ability to track mileage. This feature is represented well on the iOS app, but in order to enter a mileage record with an odometer reading, the system requires both a beginning value and an ending value at the same time. This really doesn't work. I would have to note my beginning mileage then enter it along with the ending mileage at the end of the business trip. As such, I use a standalone mileage app called MileBug.

Anthony M.
Operations Manager
Retail, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 8/4/2020

"Essential invoicing software for freelancers"

Comments: As a freelancer, invoicing can be time-consuming, messy, and frustrating. Zoho Invoice eliminates all of these flaws and provides a convenient way to get paid.

Pros: Online payment processing, recurring invoices, automated emails, and a client portal

Cons: Nothing. I loved everything about this software.

by Zoho on 4/7/2020

Hi Anthony,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Zoho Invoice.

Managing invoices and payment collection, like you said, can be really stressful and frustrating sometimes. We are glad to know that Zoho Invoice is helping you manage these easily.

Good luck for your business. We're here to support you!

• Reviewed on 8/4/2020
Soorya A.
E-Learning, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/5/2021

"Complete end to end invoicing solution for SMBs"

Comments: Very satisfied and extremely happy customer of Zoho Invoice. Makes most of the "headache" piece of work in finance really easy and smooth by automating recurring tasks.

Pros: Zoho Invoice has long been an dependable tool for all our internal billing and invoicing needs. Ability to choose templates, customize design, adding categories and much more, makes it an integral part of our day to day business. The product has extensive features like dashboard, estimates, payments, recurring payments etc which can serve very well to any startup, SMB or enterprise. The product has strong UI/UX and the simplicity to use does not require any additional training or hand-holding, its just amazing how fast our new resources pick it up from day 1 We have used Zoho Invoice from our starting days and we have grown stronger together over all these years

Cons: As a founder-led company, I wish there was a feature to group multiple invoices into one and create a invoice group list, some customers expect us to submit multiple invoices in batches.

• Reviewed on 29/5/2021
Julieanne G.
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2/2/2020

"Great value"

Comments: Overall I love Zoho Invoice simply because of how effectively they automate the process of sending invoices and collecting payment. It saves me so much time every month and is worth every penny.

Pros: I needed an invoicing system that could send recurring invoices. I was spending too much time every month manually creating invoices, and would often send them out late, which meant I'd get paid late. Of all the options I researched (there were a lot) Zoho had the most features for the lowest price. Set up was easy, and they keep adding new features that are included with my subscription. They even have automatic reminder emails you can have sent to clients who are late in paying. This happens so often in my industry, that this feature has actually helped me collect my payments faster, without me having to spend time trying to get paid. I also love that as my business grows, Zoho has so many other products that I could add to my Zoho dashboard. I've also noticed that most of the other 3rd party programs I use have options to connect to Zoho.

Cons: Their customer support is a bit slow. There's a new feature they've rolled out that I'd like to use, but there's not much documentation about it. I reached out a few days ago for help and still haven't heard back. It would be nice if step by step instructions were easy to find for their new features.

by Zoho on 29/2/2020

Hi Julieanne,

Thank you for taking the time to review us! We're glad to hear you were able to streamline your invoicing and payment collection processes.

Regarding your feedback on the documentation, it would be very helpful if you could share more details. Please feel free to drop an email to [email protected]

Regards,