15 years helping Irish businesses

About NICE CXone

Cloud contact center platform with omnichannel routing, workforce management, digital experiences, and analytics and AI for CX.

Learn more about NICE CXone

Pros:

It allows for extreme flexibility and adjustments to business practices and processes allowing for significant cost savings and improved customer relations.

Cons:

Sometimes, calls get dropped automatically, which reflects as "refused," and negatively impacts employee efforts.

NICE CXone ratings

4.2
4.0
4.1
4.1

7.8/10

NICE CXone has an overall rating of 4.2 out 5 stars based on 571 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used NICE CXone before?

Saskia
Saskia
Senior Director Sales Marketing in US
Restaurants, 10,000+ Employees

Excellent Resource; Future Versions Will Be Even Better

Comments: It's a one-stop shop for customer service needs, with support for phone calls, emails, instant messaging, and more, as well as call monitoring and conversation tracking across all channels. In addition, it features client questionnaires to help us learn more about their needs and preferences so that we may better meet them.

Pros:

It inlcudes a real-time chat feature, so we can stay in touch with clients in real time; it supports VoIP, so we can take and make calls; and it has automated call routing, so we can direct calls effectively and give them to the most qualified agent. As a result, we are able to track each client's transactional past with our business and tailor our services accordingly.

Cons:

The setting of the system along with the transfer of client data has been a major challenge for us because it is both labor-intensive and time-consuming. Every time we make a new client profile, we have to spend a lot of time filling in fields that the system thinks vital. If the system allowed us to modify the information it asked for, it would save us a lot of effort and time.

Emily
VP Contct Centers in US
Hospitality, 10,000+ Employees

InContact Review

Pros:

Very user friendly. We very rarely need help from our IT team to make any changes or updates. Most reports and tools can be figured out. Training tools are great. Integration very simple, using Skybox to assist. TAM, Garland Bailey, is excellent.

Cons:

Analytics are hard to use and are not accurate based on what I know. InView does not match InContact reporting. We have asked for support/assistance resolving issues and we have not received resolution in over 3 months. We need additional widgets in the dashboard but can't get them.

4 years ago

Thanks for your detailed review, Emily!

Audrey
Registered Nurse in US
Hospital & Health Care, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Great Service

5.0 last week New

Pros:

Ease of use! Recording all calls after an easy login

Cons:

We don’t really have issues until a power outage occurs but that is no fault of NICE CXone

Robin
Accountant in US
Food Production, 51–200 Employees

Invoicing Problematic

2.0 last week New

Pros:

Customer service does reach out, but requests not followed through on

Cons:

That every single month I have to email for an invoice. I have asked numerous times to automatically send us invoices monthly. You take our money every month on autopay but always fail to email the invoices. I always have to reach out to you. We constantly have problems with the portal saving passwords and not allowing us to log on. Customer service alleges they have assisted and set us up, but next month I try and can't log in again.

last week

Thank you for being a NICE CXone customer. We are very sorry to hear you've had issues with billing. If you'd like additional help navigating this issue, please reach out the email address provided in our response. Thank you for providing feedback to help us serve you better!

Paul
Networks & IT Lead in Australia
Financial Services, 51–200 Employees

NICE CXone, the complete solution

Comments: We have had a positive experience, the solution works seamless and is integrated across all of the products on offer

Pros:

This is a complete cloud solution which enables us to have the latest and greatest solution available

Cons:

The licensing is too restrictive, it would be great to have a reporting tier, where no phone calls are able to be taken

Director in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 201–500 Employees

Great Product

Pros:

Very easy to use, able to be deployed with little to no issues and it is always kept up to date

Cons:

Tech support can take a little longer to get a case worked when something does come up

Amanda
Benefits Assistance Center Team Lead in US
Insurance, 501–1,000 Employees

NICE CXone is a significant upgrade from our previous system!

Comments: Overall, our experience with NICE CXone has been above and beyond what we were hoping for. The customer service is amazing, and any time we have questions or any type of issue, we can bring it to our dedicated account manager, and he is super knowledgeable and always goes to bat for us when necessary.

Pros:

CXone has great call features. Very reliable, has all of the capabilities we need. Vast reporting options as well.

Cons:

The email capabilities are not nearly as advanced as the call features. We definitely are limited in some aspects of our email processes and would love for these features to be more developed in the future.

Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

How "Nice" of You to Read My "inContact" Review!!

Comments: I am using this platform as a call center management system. Our Service Desk employees all use this and it has made a world of difference on everyone being on the same page and being able to quickly adapt to changes.

Pros:

I most enjoy the ability to utilize the platform how you best see fit. It's very easy to customize to your specific preference and that helps a lot with being organized.

Cons:

I dislike the recurring instances of the platform 'dropping' and me having to restart my computer before being able to sign back in and start working again.

Nakeshia
Service Desk in US
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

CXOne the good and bad

Pros:

This software provides large call centers the ability to watch agents on calls, easily transfer to coworkers, check calls holding and statuses. It also gives management the ability to monitor calls very effectively

Cons:

The software loosing connection and sometimes just plain doesnt work. The software will drop calls in mid conversation making agents have to log out and back in during mid shift.

Nathalie
Sales Agent in US
Automotive, 11–50 Employees

Good dialer system for small businesses

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

I like that it handles both incoming and outgoing calls for us.

Cons:

It's annoying when it crashes, but if it does- their support team helps you get back up and running.

Customer Service Manager in US
Sports, 51–200 Employees

I don't know all the options

Comments: We like incontact but we are a smaller company and everything cost money and I don't know if we are getting everything out of what we are currently paying.

Pros:

I like that I can use the stuido for the most part to better my call center with out a lot of extra work.

Cons:

I think I don't know all the features that come with incontact, can you drag email into the group, how does call back work.

4 years ago

David, thanks for your comments. We strongly suggest reaching out to your technical account manager for help and to understand all of the capabilities of the product. It will certainly help.

Paul
Quality Manager in US
Medical Devices, 10,000+ Employees

Call Center software with great functionality

Comments: Before utilizing a call center software we provided our individual teams members phone numbers to the customers. This created multiple issues that were unsustainable as the organization grew. Customer complaints started to rise that we were not reachable via phone, that voicemails were not returned in a timely fashion or at all, and there was no data available to evaluate staffing performance and additional resource requirements. InContact solved the majority of these issues and we are now able to not only evaluate the points above, but also categorize the calls through dispositions used to improve call routings. However, there is no report that actually includes all three disposition fields. Only the primary disposition and the disposition comments are available in canned or custom data reports, the secondary disposition can only be reviewed for each call individually in the contact history report.

Pros:

Our company upgraded to InContact a few years ago from TASKE. As the local system administrator for one of our sites that uses this software, I provide data reports to all teams tailored to their specific needs. The amount of raw data that can be extracted from InContact is enormous and is very helpful for operation and individual performance evaluation and optimization.

Cons:

For our business unit having to transfer calls is not only inefficient, but also not seen as good customer service. There are no easy to use reports available, neither canned nor custom, that would allow simple evaluation of transferred calls that can be reviewed. Additionally, our main business unit running InContact is located in another time zone. Working with InContact Support, there is no way around some time zone issues when setting hours of operations for our local units. When I try to override our normal hours of operations to close the queues for lets say one hour between 2 pm and 3 pm CST, I have to set the end time to 4 pm EST. This would be less confusing if the override wouldn't display the close time incorrectly on my end then, as the notification and countdown will say that it is currently 2 pm and that the business unit is closed for 2 hours until 4 pm.

Lindsay
2-1-1 Services Manager in US
Civic & Social Organization, 11–50 Employees

Overall a good product

Comments: Overall, I'm happy with InContact. The only thing I wish is that support was more helpful when it comes to using the features, and why the glaring discrepancy in reporting numbers from 2 separate reports that seems like they should be reporting on the same metric. (See Cons response, above) Aside from that issue, I've been very happy.

Pros:

It's relatively simple to train my staff on how to use it. Most features are user friendly. The layout looks good and is functional. it's reliable and consistent. I cannot recall the software crashing or having issues that impacted our ability to help clients at any time. This is a lot more than I can say for other software programs we use. I feel like I'm kept informed of upcoming maintenance or issues and expected resolution time frames.

Cons:

When I think about what I dislike about InContact, only one thing comes to mind. I have tried to find a way to pull an accurate report on abandoned calls. There used to be an abandon rate compliance report, but that is gone. So, I used the Skill Performance report. But the numbers seemed wrong. So I pull Contact History, and select for abandons to show. And on the particular dates I was looking at, the numbers were so very different. Skill Performance showed something like 80 abandons, which would be grossly high. Contact History showed something like 5 abandons. This number seemed low. I still don't know which, if either, report is correct and why they would be so different. I called for help and the representative couldn't really tell me why the difference of which was correct. So I went to my internal IT person, who also didn't know. So this is only one issue, but it is SO frustrating. I also cannot figure out how to find pre-que abandons and nobody has been able to help me with that either.

4 years ago

Thank you Lindsay. We're glad to hear about your positive experiences as well as your challenges with reporting. We will pass your comments along to the support team.

Telecommunications, 1,001–5,000 Employees

My experiance as a team lead with NICE CXone

Comments: As a totally remote operation, It prove to be an invaluable tool and was easy to monitor and grade our representatives' performance.

Pros:

My personal experience is on the pros:Comprehensive features: CXone offers a wide range of tools, such as routing, workforce management, and analytics, which have improved our team's productivity and efficiency.Scalability: CXone can easily accommodate our growing business needs, allowing us to expand our operations without worrying about infrastructure limitations.Cloud-based accessibility: The platform's cloud-based nature enables us to manage our contact center remotely and allows agents to work from anywhere, providing flexibility and uninterrupted customer support.

Cons:

Learning curve: Due to its extensive feature set, CXone may require some time and training for new users to fully grasp its capabilities. Proper onboarding and support are important for a smooth transition.Cost considerations: CXone's pricing may be a concern for businesses with limited budgets. It's crucial to carefully evaluate the costs and benefits to ensure it aligns with our financial goals.Customization limitations: While CXone offers a solid foundation, there may be limitations in terms of customizing the platform to fit our specific business requirements. We should assess whether it can meet our unique needs.Also it wort to mention that we presented some failures on a daily basis and the support was not the best.

Clinton
Contact Center Manager in US
Financial Services, 5,001–10,000 Employees

CXOne reminds me of a shiny, sleek, sports car powered by a go-cart engine.

Comments: It was much better several years ago but with every recent "upgrade" it has gotten worse. Latency is extreme to the point that all managers within our Contact Center have pleaded with our technology department to be removed from Single Sign On which we were only granted several weeks. As of late, we are constantly being told to clear cache, delete temp internet files, shut down and restart our computers, etc. The ACD screen freezes consistently and we are DAILY reaching out to our WFM team and asking them to move agents in and out of skills due to our timeouts and latency. These are truly daily occurrences and not the ramblings of a disgruntled user that is inconvenienced on an occasional basis.

Pros:

The Dashboards are easy to configure and provide a nice view that you can tailor to both your department and/or individual needs.

Cons:

As mentioned above, the Dashboards are very nice but I am often 2-3 minutes behind from a "real-time" view. Additionally, the most basic enhancements seem near impossible to consider as I'm regularly told "the system wasn't built that way". The Real Time Adherence view is a great example of this as I'll be monitoring 50 agents with an additional 10-15 that aren't even in a working state (in some case, even employees that do NOT work within the Contact Center). Basically, I'm looking at a bunch of "white noise" on the RTA screen instead of agents solely within my department. The issues may very well be concerns with my employer's technology team but since they are the ones in direct discussion with inContact, I just have to go by what they are saying.

Customer Support Manager in US
Sporting Goods, 51–200 Employees

InContact it has it all

Pros:

I really like the option to I can change the IVR on the fly which is important with our software if it goes down we can notify the customer very quickly which helps drive calls down. I also like the reporting that it can produce.

Cons:

I think as a company they should give each of their customer 2 hours of technical time because I would like to switch up my IVR but there are some situations where it to technical for me. Also it is expensive for smaller companies to get all the option the InContact brings.

4 years ago

David, thanks so much for your feedback. We encourage you to provide these suggestions on our customer community portal. They will be taken into consideration if other customers have a similar need as yours.

Dolores
Director of IT in US
Telecommunications, 11–50 Employees

Service/Product Review

Comments: It has been a positive experience overall; however, if there is one area to improve upon, I'd say it's the Reporting tools. We used inTouch heavily up until it stopped working (End of Life)...and custom reports does not have anything to replace what we used within inTouch (close to real-time report data and snapshots in 30 min to hourly to daily increments).

Pros:

1. Up-time, 2. Usability and 3. Cost.

Cons:

Reporting! It feels like we took 2 steps backwards with the reporting suite that IC offers. We primarily used inTouch reporting/dashboards (instead of IC Central reporting) until it stopped working (end of life), and there isn't anything comparable within IC's reporting tools that comes close to replacing inTouch reports.

4 years ago

Dolores, we value your feedback about reporting. Thanks for the positive review and we'll be sure to share your comments with the appropriate teams.

Roy
Workforce Manager (WFM) in US
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 201–500 Employees

Reliable Platform with Integration and Customization Capabilities

Pros:

The InContact platform is very reliable, customization, and can integrate with other services and CRMs like Salesforce. Besides the main ACD functionality, the platform incorporates options for real-time and historical reporting, integrated softphone options, and reporting tools for data and QM.

Cons:

Sometimes updates to the platform can cause minor glitches which are usually fixed by the next software release or major issues are addressed immediately. I would just suggest spending more time testing for glitches, prior to deploying updates.

4 years ago

Thanks very much, Roy! We'll pass your feedback on to the appropriate teams for consideration.

Kenneth
Director Q&A Implementation in US
Financial Services, 501–1,000 Employees

NICE for Me

Comments: I have a positive overall experience with CXone. From my TAM to anyone I have come in contact (no pun intended, lol) with are very helpful, patient and understanding.This is what gives me a pleasure to know that I can expect when I interact with the resources.

Pros:

I like the capability of studio, WFM and monitoring. These attributes are key to me in the development of agents and delivery of quality service.

Cons:

Not much, but I would like to see additional training on areas like Studio.

Dawn
Contact Center Supervisor in US
Consumer Services, 11–50 Employees

Easy to use Platform

Comments: It's good as far as a platform goes. There were some rough patches in the past, they appeared to have learned from that and made improvements. They could make some adjustments to how they treat their customers and the customer service they provide.

Pros:

Easy to use, great functionality, accessible with screen reading software which is a major plus for our staff. There's great customization of IVR and messaging. There are so many functions and options that we haven't tapped into yet or been able to use.

Cons:

There's little customization with the agent interface, agents do not have access to the dashboard. The customer service at NICE/InContact has taken a major dip in responsiveness and assistance to their customers since they've made some management changes. All the help you could get before is now referred to a professional team that comes with a cost. They definitely don't make you feel like a valued customer.

5 years ago

Thank you Dawn! We are always striving to learn and do better and will pass along your comments to the appropriate teams.

Mark
Sr. Analyst III in US
Banking, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Summary

Comments: I use Active Contacts on the Pre-Built Reports and it is very sloppy not very accurate shows many call that are not there in reality and have to filter the usable information. the biggest thing I would love to see is a exemption to the timer on turning off. We sue the views in a Command Center on a view that when it times out is a pain to get back , have to log back in and go the to views and adjust them, I would love to be able to turn the timer off.

Pros:

Ease of use once you get used to it navigation is fairly easy.

Cons:

Has glitches and slow to respond at time's ,

Elias Alirio
Facilitator in El Salvador
Telecommunications, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Cannot complain

Pros:

I like NICE because it continuously improves. I use it to access calls in the contact center I work at and audit employees interactions. There have been times when upgrades happened and it made it slow down, but it was corrected over time. I like the calls are saved with good quality and that if need be their life can be extended if they are set to be uploaded for a specific period of time. The player is flexible and it will allow up to move in the interaction without having to start listening to the whole thing again. I like the speed of the call can be modified which can help auditing efficiency.

Cons:

Sometimes it is slow, and when it times out, you may need to reload it as inputting your credentials will not always get the job to access it again done. Also I have found it troublesome that when we upload forms, the font of the form cannot be zoomed, so if the letters are small, they can be hard to read.

5 years ago

Hi Elias. Thank you for the wonderful feedback! We're delighted to know that you're keeping up with our upgrades and latest features. We're always striving to get better at NICE inContact, so we'll share your comments with our team.

Sharon
Telecom Analyst in US
Entertainment, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Great business partnership

Comments: Overall, it's been a very good experience. We hit a few bumps in the beginning of the relationship, but we were undergoing a major technology change - that's bound to happen. Those bumps were smoothed over by the wonderful account teams that we've had - I can honestly say that there are very few complaints I can think of about each and every employee I've interacted with at Nice inContact. Employees are highly responsive, quick to respond when called upon, and are generally extremely helpful and a pleasure to work with. Keep it up!

Pros:

Cons:

The products we consume were described as all "point, click and drag". The scripting is not simple, and requires a certain skill level to maintain and support.

4 years ago

Thanks for your partnership and your feedback, Sharon!

Dennis
IT Infrastructure Specialist in US
Chemicals, 10,000+ Employees

Nice system to keep inContact with user base

Comments: Overall it's a very good product. The support staff is very helpful and the recent updates have made it even easier to use and design.

Pros:

NICE inContact is easy to use and has a wide variety of configuration possibilities. The interface for designing call/chat flows works well and is nicely designed. It's easy to use from an agent perspective

Cons:

The MAX client is a little clumsy to use and has a few drawbacks because it is a browser page. Among them are: - Messages clear once viewed until there is a new message (all of them showing again is helpful. - Notifications are saved cookies that get cleared at times when the browser is not even set to clear cookies. - No dashboard options for agents.

Alexis
CSR in Philippines
Consumer Services, 201–500 Employees

It's so nice we got this tool Nice inContact

Comments: It has generally been successful since it enables us to complete our work on time and in accordance with the designated work schedule for the day. My work became much easier thanks to this software.

Pros:

The ability to look up our audio files and the system logs of our activities during our shift appealed to me a lot. Keeping track of one another's schedules has another advantage. I enjoy having access to earlier calls in order to help a disappointed customer. The callback option keeps our customers happy, and they consistently provide us with positive feedback when we quickly return their calls. These are only a few of the many elements that contribute to the software's user-friendliness.

Cons:

So far, I haven't discovered anything I dislike. I've always utilized it myself without need assistance from another person to make changes.