Filter by:

• Overall

About Zoho Books

Simple, easy-to-use accounting software to help you manage your business finance in a smart way!

Learn more about Zoho Books

Finance Manager
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/12/2020

""Zoho Books"; Accounting made easy."

Comments: I have been in the field of finance and accounting for quite a couple of time now and have tested many accounting softwares. I finally landed on Zoho Books and my experience with this software is amazingly outstanding in its results and ease of use.

Pros: It's very effective and efficient in its operations. Zoho Books perform splendid task as expected. The BRS statement is also an amazing feature I enjoy mostly on this software as it prints clearly all required details as expected.

Cons: For the fact that the little shortcomings are prevalent regarding the usage of this software, its benefits cannot be outweighed.
The only problem i think is with this software is for the fact that you must be familiar with the accounting terms as a new user to be able to effectively use the function to the fullest benefits.
A learning or help pop ups when added to the features will be of help especially to new users

• Reviewed on 19/12/2020
Cheikh B.
Zoho Books
Accounting, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 13/1/2021

"Good software for beginners"

Comments: Zoho Books made my job easier and saved me a lot of time.

Pros: Zoho Book is a good software if you are starting out in a small business. What impresses me most about Zoho Book is the BRS statement. It's an excellent feature that prints all the required details very clearly, just as we intended. The automated bank flow is another feature that saves you a lot of time. The advantage of Zoho Books is that it can be linked to your online sales sites easily.

Another positive aspect of Zoho Books is that its delivery always comes with many integrated functionalities such as stock management, sales and purchase booking, payroll processing, etc. To conclude, Zoho Books is easy to understand and its configuration is quick and easy. The automation of the system is great and you save a lot of time. The customer support is also very responsive and usually fixes your worries.

Cons: The major problem with Zoho Book is that it is only practical with a small business. It is better to choose another software like Wave if your business is large. Finally, the other blockage is that Zoho Books is based on the Cloud so without a connection you can go and have a nice cup of hot coffee (LOL).

Alternatives Considered: Xero

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Books: Zoho Books functionalities were limited

Switched From: Wave Accounting

• Reviewed on 13/1/2021
Sanjay S.
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/9/2017

"Zoho Books: Accounting software for Sma and Medium Enterprise"

Comments: Overall good software for small and medi enterprise with good features.

Pros: Zoho books is cloud based accounting software with many impressive features. Below are the pros of ZOHO Books 1. Zoho comes with many inbuilt accounting software features like inventory management, Payroll processing, Sales and Purchase booking etc.
2. Can be integrated with your online shoping websites like shopify, woocommerce and many more.
3. Automatc recurring expense booking like depreciation, monthly rent etc.
4. Zoho has rebust cloud technology and provides 99.99% downtime, also provides top security for your data protection.
5. In cloud based software there is negligible risk of data loss as service provider regularly takes backup of data.
6. Cloud based software are are far better than DOS based or windows based softwares.
7. Zoho books is available with reasonable price compared to other cloud based software.

Cons: 1.As compared to Quickbooks online many features are missing.
2.Disadvantage of cloud based software is it becomes difficult to shift to windows based software as data can not be transferred easily.
3. Zoho attracts consumer by quoting very less fees for 1st year but from next years there is steep increase in charges.

• Reviewed on 14/9/2017
Rick K.
Internet, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/11/2016

"Very good, but lacks some of the basics"

Comments: Switched from Quickbooks to ZohoBooks. Overall, ZohoBooks is very good. The site is always up and running very quickly. Tech support is excellent in both speed and quality. The software is actually fun to use. However, it does lack some of the basic functions that seem should have been in there from the beginning such as ability to print deposit slips, and there's no running total on the side of accounts so when you're looking for a mistake, it makes it very difficult to find. One feature that our business desperately is ability to pre-send invoices to people on a recurring basis before their due date. Quickbooks has had this ability back since the days of DOS (20 years ago). We're limping around right now trying to work without these basic needs in hopes that they will soon come. On the otherhand, Zoho does keep adding new features on a consistent basis. Sometimes just simple design changes but at least you get the feeling they are still working on it. -Highly recommended, however proceed with caution because there are some very basic things missing and they don't seem to be in a hurry to resolve this. It's almost the year 2017 and I'm adding up deposits by calculator and filling in deposit slips by pen. Shouldn't be ;-\

Pros: Excellent/fast support. Interface can be fun to use and is quick to respond.
Development seems to be ongoing.

Cons: Lacks basic functions like deposit slip printing (and automatically transferring those funds to bank from Undeposited Funds), ability to pre-send recurring invoices, inability to set simple defaults such as default account to accept payment to (always need to manually select Undeposited Funds when accepting checks) and no running total in account ledgers such as Undeposited Funds (how are you supposed to find and fix errors, mistakes?)

Ann C.
Retail
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 22/9/2015

"Go-To Invoicing Software Everyone Should Have"

Comments: We are a company that's 10 years in the industry. We cater a thousand orders a month and getting an invoicing software that's basically gonna do the job is essential. We've been to a couple of invoicing software but none of those were good enough to bring with us on our road to success. The last software we've got literally ruined our business for a couple of months that we decided to give it up until I found Zoho books. I have heard much of Zoho from my virtual assistant colleagues and their employers have been using them for a while. I decided to sign up for a free trial and loved it! It does almost everything that we need in an invoicing software. Its payment reminders allow us to optimize our collections every month and it keeps going. Its ability to track overdue invoices, customizing templates, and custom fields were a tremendous help in making sure our documents are as accurate as we need them to be. Customer service is also a big help. Someone always answers the phone on their end, emails are being replied in a timely manner and call backs are done in less than 24 hrs. All these for $24 a month which is kind of awesome. We are probably going to stick with Zoho for a while and we are just even starting. Reports are also pretty detailed and is a big help for us to track our progress. On the other side of the coin, I hope they also have an API integrated in their system. Makes it easier for our vendors. I recommend it to small to large scale business who are looking to integrate their accounting and invoicing (probably their inventory as well with Zoho Inventory on the way). Zoho Books is for you.

Pros: Pros: 1. Reports. We needed to track our progress down every week and what better way it is than to view our reports. Zoho allows you to get a report for Sales Person, Items and Customer. It's detailed report on overdue invoices are great for us to pound the ones that need to pay. 2. Payment Reminders. Our invoices are always set in an open account. Therefore, we need an automated system to remind our customers about their due invoices. Works great for our collection! 3. Customer Service. They are always good at getting back to you. When no one is available to answer your call, tehy are going to call you back in less than 24 hrs. Their email support is also pretty quick they wont leave you hanging.

Cons: Zoho is good about getting a constructive suggestion done. However, I wish they have an API integration with the system. Also with the Zoho Inventory along hte way, Im pretty sure they will be a perfect go-to software for our company.

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 22/9/2015
Matt T.
Director of Finance
  • Reviewed on 10/10/2017

"If you have Zoho CRM This product is a must"

Pros: This product Hooks up easily to Zoho CRM. The product works almost fluidly with the CRM. it makes it easy to see each client payment and how much we have received each month. The information the books hold really helps for some financial reports. The Reports do make my life easier kindof. Books make it easy to bill clients and it keeps all the information in one place.

Cons: The Reports as mention in my pros are missing some really good information that is already there in the system. They want me to pay for Zoho reports, but to my understanding Zoho reports, I would still need to go in and set it up. In our business every month we have to pay out our salespeople. fist I'm not able to split commissions easily or add multiple salespeople to an invoice. second, if I look up sales by salesperson by month it gives me all invoices created in the month, not all invoice paid. We sell expensive web projects and could take months to close. so it is unhelpful for me to see monthly sales report because it is not correct. they also have a "payments received" a report that comes in Zoho books. This report gives me monthly sales but does not add the sales person to the report. So I build a report that takes 30 min to an hour top. I have asked them to fix this and they told me to get Zoho reports

• Reviewed on 10/10/2017
Troy D.
Troy D.
Talent Partner
Consumer Electronics, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/9/2019

"Zoho Books is the best online accounting software."

Comments: This software makes so easy for us that how we can better manage our sales, marketing, invoices and accounts. It gives you all financial reports, payments process and sales and marketing features. I always recommended this software for the business companies which is always worried about the payment recurring and payment transaction.

Pros: Zoho Books makes our life so easier by managing all of our invoices and expenses and get ready your checks to get rid all of our our money easily. By using this efficient software, we cannot worried about our banks accounts, transactions problems and we can easily collaborate with our customer and accountant. Through the Zoho Books software, our payments integration is always great and fabulous. Zoho Books also have the reporting features which gives you complete reports of your sales, marketing and purchasing information at anytime.

Cons: This software is not so easy to use especially for the beginners is that they cannot easily handle the advanced payments and in this why they faced a lot of problems about the payments acceptance and invoices recurring. But otherwise it is best for the payment transaction, invoices recurring and expenses.

• Reviewed on 11/9/2019
Jaime W.
Owner/Photographer
Photography, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/11/2016

"I have been using Zoho for years"

Comments: When I first started my photography business I needed an invoicing program and I stumbled upon Zoho in my search. It had everything I wanted and was free. Here I am 6 years later still using it. Back then I only needed Zoho Invoice, but through the years I needed more organization than the invoicing program offers so I upgraded to Zoho Books. At that time I didn't realize that it wasn't truly it an upgrade, but rather a switch from one to the other. I was being double charged. It was a bit challenging contacting Zoho support (in 2013), but once I did they were happy to fix the problem and refund my duplicate payments for the two months prior. Setting up Zoho Books was a bit challenging and my only true complaint about Zoho is that the support system is very much lacking. I struggled to reach Zoho Support. When I finally did they were helpful, but it is a challenge to actually ever reach anyone. Other than that Zoho is AMAZING. I have referred MANY friends to this program through the years.

Pros: Ease of use

Cons: Customer Support and the lack of detail in payments received. My bookkeeper struggles to reconcile my PayPal payments because the fees aren't identified.

Fazal A.
Implementation & Support Specialist
  • Reviewed on 14/1/2021

"Log your weekly time with ease"

Pros: I have been using this software to log my time so that the management can evaluate my daily/weekly/monthly performance and since our work is billable, so it easy for us to distinguish between the billable and non-billable work and log that in the Zoho Books. Then our management bill our clients, based on the hours we have spent working for them, and we can also select what type of work was done from the drop-down list that has been configured by the management.

Cons: The weekly log does not allow us to enter our comments and it gets frustrating to open each day entry and enter the comments. The comment box should be there so that we can enter our remarks or let the management know what we worked on.

• Reviewed on 14/1/2021
Patrick K.
Patrick K.
Vice President
  • Reviewed on 8/2/2019

"I love this software! (really!)"

Comments: I love ZohoBooks, my team loves ZohoBooks and my customers do too!

Pros: Almost everything. ZohoBooks is quick and easy to use, I love the Stripe integrations and how easy it is to use Zapier to extend its capabilities by connecting it with other software. I've received calls from customers that use Quickbooks asking about the software we use to send invoices because its so easy to use!
I'll never use anything else to run my businesses. My CPA is working with it too now which makes it a super easy, integral part of my business.

Cons: I can't think of anything off the top of my head.

• Reviewed on 8/2/2019
Wesley J.
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 11/3/2018

"The best value and features for digital finance/project tracking"

Comments: An affordable way to track the finances and project times for a small, mobile company.

Pros: The ability to track time spent on a specific project for a specific customer and translate that to invoicing is great. The customer specific portal for them to access their invoices is another great feature that separates this tool from so many others.

Cons: The fact that there are so many great features can make it challenging for some people to setup and use. Once you get used to it though it's great !

• Reviewed on 11/3/2018
Gaurav T.
Business Analyst
Information Technology & Services, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/10/2017

"I use zoho books to generate invoices and track expenses. And after using it my life had became easy"

Comments: Overall it is good for small budget and can be used in firms with less capital to invest. It has made my work alot easier and now I complete my work on time.

Pros: It is very customizable and can be synced with Zoho CRM. It is very convient to see payments made by customers and it is very easy to create invoices according to that in Zoho books itself. They also have mobile application for working while laptop is not accessible. It is cloud based so data is safe and secure.

Cons: Initially the charges are low compared to other products present but from next year they increase their fees and also it has less features in comparison to some other products like quickbook.

• Reviewed on 13/10/2017
Kathy S.
Administrator
Government Relations, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 5/3/2018

"ZOHO Books has been the easiest software that I have used in years."

Comments: The ease of matching entries entered in ZOHO Books versus the charges on our company credit card.

Pros: What I like most with this software is the ease of use. I have not used ZOHO Books for very long, but it is very user friendly, you are able to edit the information that is entered. I use ZOHO Books daily to review expenses that have been entered as well as submitting a timesheet each day. For other software I have used, expenses are entered weekly and in ZOHO Books, the information is entered daily which gives our company a better idea of what has been expensed each day versus looking at software that shows a week long process.

Cons: I do not believe that there is anything else ZOHO Books can do to make this software any easier. If I was to add anything that I did not like about this software, it would be the Banking Portion. Occasionally, there are transaction entries that are not able to be removed when the information is not able to be matched against our company credit card. There are entries from November 2017 that are unable to be deleted or at least there are no instructions on how to remove the unwanted entries.

• Reviewed on 5/3/2018
Madeleine P.
Business Owner
  • Reviewed on 18/5/2018

"Brought our business out of the excel-invoice era!"

Comments: Simplified our invoicing systems
Cloud based access has definitely made a lot of niggly little irritations go away

Pros: It's relatively simple throughout, and being able to work from the cloud has saved us a lot of headaches over the last few years.
Being able to pull reports we would never have been able to create ourselves before.

Cons: The constant updates which cause me to lose work I was busy with.
Unable to customise the columns as much as I would be able to with Excel

• Reviewed on 18/5/2018
Milthon R.
Milthon R.
  • Reviewed on 31/5/2018

"Best accounting software of all times"

Comments: Fast, easy and simple system to manage your accounting for medium and small business

Pros: has many advantages among them is the ease of use and how interesting the application is, first because you can use it whenever you want where you want and it is always up to date. Another benefit is that it allows you to keep the complete accounting of the company if you import the country or type of tax.

Cons: Sometimes it gets a little slow and I feel that there are transactions that are not shown in the reglon that must do so, that is, do not present it as a pending charge or account receivable. I understand that they are going to correct that and that it should not affect the accounting of the company as long as it is known that it is being done.

• Reviewed on 31/5/2018
Claire S.
Spiritual Mentor and Coach
Professional Training & Coaching, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 17/9/2019

"Great Features and Value for a Small Busines"

Comments: I use Zoho books primarily for invoicing and receiving payments. It's worked great. I like that they're always adding new features, showing that they care about their customer experience.

Pros: For starters it's easy to use. More specifically I like the recurring invoice feature and the ability to add an accountant at the basic level.

Cons: Nothing that I can think of. I know I'm not using it to it's maximum capacity so some issues that I've noticed others have, I have not had.

• Reviewed on 17/9/2019
Ryan L.
Graphic Designer
Graphic Design, 2-10 Employees

"zoho = easy"

Comments: Even having the trouble of finding an accountant that was comfortable not using MYOB after convincing them to use the reports they themselves were happy with the complex reports that can be generated, that with the auto reminding of invoices, customer portals, access anywhere. its an excellent package

Pros: the accessibility, the reporting, and the client portals

Cons: the non choice when an update is made to the interface and having to relearn where things are

Smit S.
Accounting, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/1/2018

"ZOHO Books for Cloud based Book keeping"

Comments: Overall product is value for money, and best suitable for small and medium enterprises.

Pros: ZOHO books is SaaS based Book keeping software which runs on cloud based network. Here are the pros of the software which we found after using it for more than 2 months. 1. Provides full features book keeping service along with cloud based excel, word, Power point etc. 2. Unlimited multi user allowed in professional plan. 3. Various beautiful add-ons are available like payment gateway integration, OneDrive, google drive integration etc. 4. Fully loaded with all required features needed for small and medium enterprises. 5. Complete GST automation for Indian users.

Cons: 1. Compared to desktop based and other software price is high. There are many excellent desktop based softwares available at comparatively very lower rates. 2. In cloud based software despite enough security there is always risk of data privacy and data security. 3. QuickBooks online has some extra features specially for accountants which is missing in ZOHO Books.

• Reviewed on 14/1/2018
Nycal T.
VP
Human Resources, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/8/2018

"Function and Form All In One"

Comments: We were able to immediately set-up and manage out A/P and A/R using this system. We created a professional interface with our customers that translates into confidence in our business.

Pros: The Books application set-up for use by a novice or expert. There are a ton of pre-made templates included and ready to go. Customization of the templates and tools are super easy.

Cons: The banking downloads and sync feature is not made for speed. They need more options for making payments to vendors.

• Reviewed on 17/8/2018
Sheri G.
Account Manager
11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/7/2018

"Easy to Use!!"

Pros: I like how easy it is to work with Books, and sending out invoices is so simple - I can even do it on my phone, if necessary. Designing the invoice to look like we wanted was quick, and we can use different templates for different clients - which means we don't have to make one invoice work for several different scenarios.

Cons: Sometimes getting the different Zoho modules to work with each other seamlessly can be a challenge for me.

• Reviewed on 11/7/2018
Fabien G.
Retail, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/11/2016

"love the product love the support"

Comments: Zoho books is easy to use and their support is amazing. I have been using the complete Zoho Suite for 3 years now and our company is really happy with it

Pros: features
support
easy of use

Cons: some of the downtimes. server issues

Conor W.
Advertising Manager
Media Production, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/11/2016

"We would be lost without Zoho Books!"

Comments: We run a magazine and charge our advertising clients through Zoho Books. Since we started using it our clients have started paying on time and they love the ease at which they pay through the online link on their invoice. Setting up sales orders, estimates and invoices is a breeze and the functionality for reporting is simple to use. Its integration with Zoho CRM makes sure that all of our client details are up to date. We have used TAS Books and Quickbooks in the past, Zoho Books is by far the easiest and best to use for our business.

Pros: Design, ease of use and customer support.

Cons: A functionality for budgeting would be very helpful.

Graphic Design
  • Reviewed on 10/7/2018

"Zoho Books is Superb"

Pros: If you use Zoho CRM, Inventory, etc then Zoho Books is a no brainer. We've been using it in conjunction with Zoho CRM and Zoho Inventory and it makes processing customer invoices off of sales order instantaneous. Additionally, the reports within Zoho Books are great at providing both fast and indepth data.

Cons: It's a little feature lite when compared to something like Quickbooks. However, as long as you know your requirements and Zoho Books will work, then it's by far the best.

• Reviewed on 10/7/2018
Sam I.
Sam I.
Founder/Owner
Internet
  • Reviewed on 16/4/2018

"Tons of features and functionality for the money"

Comments: It helps me manage my billing, invoicing, purchase orders, bills, expenses, etc! I couldn't get paid without it.

Pros: It has all of the bells and whistles that you could possibly need for your bookkeeping software. And if it doesn't have it, there's probably another Zoho product that does it anyway, and they all seem to integrate.

Cons: Took a little while to get used to where things were (switched over from Freshbooks) and the reporting is a little different, but it's all in there!

• Reviewed on 16/4/2018
Founder & CEO
  • Reviewed on 31/3/2019

"Good financial software for scaling companies"

Pros: Easy to understand and use. Even for non financial persons

Cons: No financial budgeting features. Lacking Financial indicators

• Reviewed on 31/3/2019