15 years helping Irish businesses

Accounting Seed Reviews

About Accounting Seed

Unite finance across your entire business with the #1 accounting software built natively on, and exclusively for, Salesforce CRM.

Learn more about Accounting Seed

Pros:

Cons:

Customisation for the currency format is limited only shows dollar sign.

Accounting Seed ratings

4.1
4.2
4.1
4.2

7.6/10

Accounting Seed has an overall rating of 4.4 out 5 stars based on 125 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Accounting Seed before?

Hospitality, 11–50 Employees

Great Integration with Salesforce

Comments: I'm so glad we chose Accounting Seed. If you like Salesforce, it "just feels right" and is quite intuitive. Very easy to customize, and to run reports with additional info already in Salesforce. Customer support has always been helpful.

Pros:

I love the native integration with Salesforce. This allows us to easily create reports with information about our accounts that are unrelated to a traditional accounting software. Having a central source of truth of all Account information, and that source being Salesforce, makes operations and financial reporting a breeze.

Cons:

"Bank Direct Connect" process to import transactions from our bank account can be glitchy and buggy and at times have caused us many extra hours of work and caused us to delay our monthly close.

Andersen
Business Analysis in US
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

HIG Capital Backing Moving Accounting Seed to the Next Level

Comments: I have been working on the Salesforce platform for 17 years and with Accounting Seed for 10 years in accounting for my Legal Funding, Real Estate Rental and Professional Services businesses. It is the ability to leverage the strength of the Salesforce platform that makes the experience strong and the HIG Capital investment and Partner environment that makes the future look stronger.

Pros:

In 2021 HIG Capital made a majority investment in Accounting Seed that is moving this native Salesforce application to the next level. This investment has allowed the organization to move beyond an excellent leveraging of the Salesforce object architecture to add the competitive functionality of their more mature enterprise competitors such as Sage Intacct and Oracle Netsuite. Newly release features include Multi-Ledger Consolidation with Elimination Entries, further advancements in reporting. Focusing on the importance of the partner channel has brought much needed integration with Bill.com, Partner Portals and applications. Project Accounting is also been made stronger through a Project Management platform developed by the partner community.

Cons:

The Accounting Seed Orders and Entry do not add up to the functionality required in an enterprise resource planning application. One needs to use an outside partner integrated application such as Legendary Supply Chain. The budgeting and commission functionality could still be improved although several partners are stepping up in this area as well.

Lori
Office Manager in US
Wholesale, 2–10 Employees

Great Support

Comments: We've had issues on and off using the program since going live in January 2019, however, AccountingSeed Customer Support has helped us through all of those issues. They've even done some customization for us as a courtesy. I've been working on a custom template (with Conga) for months now and the fields I need on the form were not available to us. CSR with AccountingSeed helped me today with these custom fields; he added them as a courtesy and also sent me a video on how he did this. VERY helpful to have in the future.

Pros:

My favorite feature is being able to Clone repeat transactions; vendor invoices and journal entries. The Bank Reconciliation is a breeze. Submitting a Ticket for assistance is very convenient. I get an email within a few hours with a solution.

Cons:

My least favorite features are the Financial Reports and AccountingSeed-created Forms. The reports we run are very different than what AccountingSeed offers. We've found a way to make it work by exporting to Excel, updating fields, adding/deleting, etc. Another feature is the various forms that AccountingSeed created for us; Purchase Order, Packing List and Billing. When we first started using AccountingSeed we found out they didn't have Sales Orders (order confirmations). We had to purchase another App (Conga) who created the Sales Order form for us. I'm currently working on a new Purchase Order template with Conga. The issue I have with the Billing form is that is says Billing. A lot of our customers comment, asking for the Invoice number. It's just a terminology issue; billing vs invoice. We will be creating our own Invoice template with Conga as well.

Andrea
VP Finance in US
Insurance, 11–50 Employees

Honest opinion

Comments: I feel that we are still in the learning phase. Month end reporting could be made a little easier for payables and accounts receivables. Other than that, works great.

Pros:

Bank Connect, Cloning payable lines and journal entries. I think that is one of the best features.

Cons:

Payment processing in Accounts Payable. Only having one general ledger account options for various payable components, vendors, insurance companies, producers, all falls under the same account number .

Rickey
Director of International Operations in US
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 11–50 Employees

Accounting Software built into SalesForce

Comments: We needed a system that integrated with our contacts and programs. We wanted to be able to see what programs a donor had given to along with financial data for those programs. With Accounting Seed working inside SalesForce, all our data, across all departments, is in one place can easily be linked, integrated, displayed, and reported. This allows us to better serve our constituents with accurate data immediately at our fingers via desktop or mobile apps with access anywhere in the world.

Pros:

Accounting Seed works splendidly inside SalesForce. You get all the advantages of a product that integrates with all your SalesForce data. No need for imports or exports. Everything is in one place. Employees learn one system and they can work all across the organization. The availability of multi-levels of security allows you to tailor applications to the appropriate person, department, or team. Internal control features and audit trails are securely automated. Backing up your data is simple with just a few clicks. Project managment allow each project to act almost like its own company and integrates well with any other Salesforce data.

Cons:

I would like to see more preformatted reports. There are a few in the system but I suspect there could be more that could print directly from the system in a more presentable format. All reports can be exported to Excel. This allows those that know Excel to manipulate the data as only Excel can do. That is nice but requires extra effort to format the data.

Jane
Accounting Specialist in US
Biotechnology, 51–200 Employees

AccountingSeed Review

Comments: I have relied upon AccountingSeed support quite heavily. If I research what I need on their great website, and then concisely ask finish questions, I have great responses and I have had tremendous help that I have heavily relied upon throughout the three years of using AccountingSeed.

Pros:

The robustness of the software is admirable. Once it is understood, the details of all transactions are right there. The really great feature is that our sales department can help with the data entry and timing of the billings.

Cons:

It is not really a fault of the software, but I didn't have any training on reporting. The reporting is robust but I feel because of its flexibility, it is crucial to have up front training in order to know how to obtain the information needed.

Peter
Insurance, 2–10 Employees

Serious software for any business that needs and wants a comprehensive accounting system

Comments: Very pleased with working with team at AS. I marvel at how they cross from one industry to another with skill. Insurance accounting is very different from traditional accounting systems and i am impressed with how well AS has handled learning and growing in our vertical.

Pros:

One we figure out the workflows and nuances with Accountingseed (AS), it is a pleasure to work with. The speed of the software is fast and AS is on top of regular updates to add important and necessary features. We have been a user of AS now for 3 years

Cons:

Updates are not always pretty and could be better tested however AS is not deaf to any problems that result from updates or patches

Shawn
Controller in US
Insurance, 51–200 Employees

Worth the money

Pros:

We chose this product for it's ability to integrate with Salesforce. A few extra steps here or there, but overall it is a great product. Other products for our industry are dated and not intuitive. Accounting Seed has a great appearance and functionality.

Cons:

This product is not ready for the insurance industry.

Greg
CFO in Canada
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 51–200 Employees

Aquatic Review

Pros:

Implementation and templates provided made the process straight forward. Because it is integrated with SaleForce, we can use the data loader to accomplish mass entries as needed. The system is fairly intuitive in nature.

Cons:

Our fiscal year ends in November and when we export financial reports, it always mislabels the months to a calendar year. Having to manually post transactions wastes time. There is not a lot of ability to customize financial reports. It is next to impossible to speak to someone live on the Support Team. The ability to talk to someone live about customer service and payment issues does not exist.

Elizabeth
Elizabeth
Senior Director Of Digital Marketing in US
Retail, 10,000+ Employees

Accounting seed - easy to use and some things to improve

Comments: Accounting seed has a very good integration with Salesforce, this is a great advantage. The API and automation features translate all of our business transactions into our ledgers, all without coding.

Pros:

What I especially like about Accounting Seed is its customization options that align perfectly with our specific needs, the platform easily connects with banks and other financial institutions, making management easier, what I like most is its scalability and flexibility, which prepare our accounting processes for the future. Even for those on our team who are not accounting professionals, the platform is easy to navigate and use.

Cons:

Something that is difficult at first is connecting the banks with the platform, it is not that easy, you have to try many times since it does not always synchronize the first time. Another weak point they have is customer support, the process is not easy, they take time to respond and once they respond, resolving a problem with the platform takes time.

Sam
Solutions Architect in Mexico
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

Great Product

Comments: overall Accounting Seed has been a great experience. I appreciate the architecture of their program as it is built a a very secure way that is intuitive.

Pros:

I appreciate the free Documentation on explaining different accounting concepts. I also appreciated the original CEO's music video to help promote. We switched to Accounting Seed after having a terrible time trying to setup Sage and they made the process easy and efficient. Then we moved another company of ours to Accounting Seed which uses the ERP features which have worked well.

Cons:

I don't like the process to login to the support portal and put in support tickets. You used to be able to put tickets in via email. But, they took that away. Now you have to login to the support portal, which very annoyingly does not allow you to hit enter to login. and then create a ticket. You receive email updates on tickets, but you can't reply from the email. You have to log back into the support portal for each reply. Seems to be a cheap way to reduce support tickets.

Pete
Accounting in US
Telecommunications, 2–10 Employees

After 2 years' use, still somewhat difficult for non-CPA

Comments: Frustrating onboarding for someone who's not a CPA, even if familiar with Salesforce and something like Quickbooks.Customer support has been difficult at times to get a usable answer. From April 2020 until just this last month April 2023, I"ve never been able to actually talk to a support rep. Only communications through Cases. Just recently I'm finally getting some help from them how to get the system configured for use in my business. I still hold on to hope that I'll be able to automate the tedious tasks such as create payable-open payable-add payable line-post payable-pay payable... 9 or 10 clicks/inputs just to get a vendor paid

Pros:

Its integration into Salesforce and the potential automation

Cons:

Some of the Visualforce pages to do certain tasks can be VERY slow to refresh the screen. I'm on a modern computer with SSD and 900 Mbps internet but frequently I'm waiting 8-20 seconds for a refresh before I can continue.

11 months ago

Hi, Pete. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We hear you. A member of our team will be in touch to schedule a call with you in regards to your support needs. Thank you for being an Accounting Seed customer!

natalia
Salesforce Admin, Accounting Manager in US
Construction, 11–50 Employees

Expect to invest into development

Comments: In my opinion, AS orders & inventory would work best for medium-size business, mainly because of the cost of implementation and maintenance. We found that the Software was not easy to use out of the box: lot's of extra steps, intermediate screens, and extra data entry. We had to customize a lot (to auto-populate fields, build workarounds, improve reporting) to get it to work for us. Luckily, we were able to secure a knowledgeable consultant. Once implemented, though, it has been working well. Very customizable, lots of possibilities for automation, works seamlessly with Salesforce. We would recommend it for companies who already have a Salesforce Consultant on staff, preferably a developer who's familiar with Accounting.

Pros:

Accounting Seed makes it possible to pull comprehensive reports, pulling your CRM, inventory, and accounting data, all in one place, very customizable, lots of possibilities for automation, scalable, if you are growing

Cons:

Needed extensive customizations to be able to handle large volumes of billing, will use a lot of your salesforce data storage, archiving is possible, but will halt all your running balance type reports like daily bank account balances, etc.

Legal Services, 2–10 Employees

Cloud-based law firm

Comments: Our experience has been excellent. Accounting Seed helped develop an integration with our practice management software years ago. They have continually improved the application every year.

Pros:

The ability to bring our accounting to the salesforce platform was huge. This allowed us to integrate with our practice management software.

Cons:

Some processes take too many steps (clicks) but this is probably a function of Salesforce.

AbdulGhaniyyu
Finance Officer in Nigeria
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 51–200 Employees

Accounting Seed Review

Comments: It has been a fantastic journey and a learning one for me

Pros:

The control features in Accounting Seed has made TQM a must for us. It is easy to use

Cons:

Reporting features should be improved - sometimes I am confused as to what "type of amount" - ledger amount, report amount, converted, etc to use. At other times you need to pay a lot of attention so as not to report negative values as positives. Training on the use of the app should not be limited to what they currently have in Accounting Seed University/knowledge based articles - it should be repackaged and broadened to include all aspects of the software (including financial cubes and how they are used)

Doug
Doug
Manager in US
Insurance, 11–50 Employees

Bad experience

Pros:

We were not able to use the accounting software because we were never fully implemented by their partner.

Cons:

service and support wasn't helpful. After the software cancellation due to their partner going out of business, they cancelled our subscription and our salesforce instance ground to a halt. Very hard to get a hold of someone to help out solve the issue. Our SF org was left unusable.

5 years ago

In response to this review, Covered by Sage received a full refund for the unused portion of their contract. The partner being referred to did not go out of business - they were bought by a larger firm. Several members of our support team have been in constant contact with Doug and have provided alternate solutions. We offered the company a solution that would have kept their implementation moving forward, but they turned down this option. Additionally, the company's Salesforce instance was not purchased through Accounting Seed. Therefore, their Salesforce instance will remain fully functional, even after their cancellation is complete. Our goal is to keep our customers moving towards success. Unfortunately, this organization turned down the options we provided.

Yarelis
Corporate Accountant in US
Machinery, 51–200 Employees

Good software, meets needs for most mid sized company

Pros:

Ease of use, not overly complicated. Most features are easy to find.

Cons:

Lightning has slowed things down significantly.

Brian
Owner in US

A Limited Accounting Software Option

Pros:

Because it is small, the CEO often provides customer support. It overlays onto SalesForce (more or less). It was cost-effective compared to other options.

Cons:

This is a small company so the software has some pretty significant limitations. It was very difficult for us to adapt to use via SalesForce, and had a lot of accounting quirks that we had to develop workarounds for (not because of issues on our end, but because of flaws in the software). Customer service was slow to respond and was--more often than not--helpful. Much of the software could not be modified or edited by our team to better meet our needs, which made it unwieldy to work with more often than not.

Victor
Excellence and Quality Manager in Colombia
Logistics & Supply Chain, 201–500 Employees

AS make our financial lifes easier

Comments: I've been using AS over 4 years already and it has been an amazing tool for our company, fast, information on hands 24/7 and it allows to audit any financial record we want.

Pros:

The most I like is how easy it is to use, it is simple and matches most of our accounting requirements, specially since it is built in salesforce and you might integrate it with anything.

Cons:

Sometimes support limites to go to web, even when instrucions on web are great, you might require extra hand to tackle some doubts

Stacey
GM in US
Utilities, 201–500 Employees

Stusa

Comments: their staff is well informed, and they help quickly

Pros:

We like that it ties into salesforce and there is no need for an API connection. The information flows seamlessly

Cons:

The amount of programming and customization to make it work is at the typical SalesForce level. Nothing is "out of the box" except for the basics

Christine
Financial analyst in US
Chemicals, 501–1,000 Employees

Accounting seed a sophisticated software that gives value for money

Comments: My experience using Accounting seed software has been magical as I no longer have the worries of manually generating reports, the software does that for me

Pros:

Accounting seed is plus for any accountant who seems stressed in generating financial reports. The software does everything for you in generating reports and will always give audit trail incase of errors

Cons:

Accounting seed software needs you have basic knowledge of accounting principles,hence may not be user friendly if u lack that.

Althea
Data Analyst in US
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 51–200 Employees

Customer Support is great

Comments: My experience with Support has been great, they have been very helpful.

Pros:

Customer Support is great. I get assistance quickly. Reporting is very useful.

Cons:

Knowledgebase can be more user-friendly, especially for the Org Admin who has less experience with Accounting. Would also be helpful to not have a lot of Page Layouts, Apex, etc off limits for customization.

Jakob
Information Technology in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51–200 Employees

Great software with tons of appications

Comments: Overall we have had mostly positive experiences, but when we have issues they are usually relatively large and hard to deal with.

Pros:

I like how everything is kept in the system and we are able to easily find anything we need with a quick search. We are able to throw together invoices and process them very quickly.

Cons:

The price is a bit high and the customer services takes awhile to get back to you.

Walt
Director of TechOps in US
Law Practice, 51–200 Employees

Great Accounting Solution on Salesforce

Pros:

Easy to customize a lot of the features and functionality based on your business use case.

Cons:

Usability is something challenging and it makes it harder to find what you are looking for.

last year

Thank you for sharing your experience with Accounting Seed, Walt. Please feel free to contact us through the Support Portal on our website if you need further support or assistance in regards to usability. Thank you!

Adrian
VP of Technology in US
Financial Services, 11–50 Employees

Once you get it set up how you want it, it's a fantastic accounting system.

Comments: Overall, AS is a good salesforce-native account software.

Pros:

How powerful it is and what all it can accomplish. It's been able to completely handle all of our accounting needs in Salesforce.

Cons:

Their support can be hard to deal with some times. There have been times that the support took so long to respond back that the issue became worse or never resolved.