• Overall

About Heartland Retail

Heartland Retail is more than just a POS! Learn about our enterprise-grade retail management features!

Learn more about Heartland Retail

Product Rating

Product Rating

Countries

Countries

Usage

Sort by

Have you used Heartland Retail before?

Eric M.
Director of Operations in US
Apparel & Fashion

Springboard Retail is modern POS software at it's very best.

5 6 years ago

Pros:

The Springboard Retail team hails from a multi-store retail background so they know first-hand what POS software needs to do, how it should work and that it must to be simple and intuitive to use. That is exactly what they have created; no fluff, incredibly flexible and reliable software that is as close as one can get to a custom written solution, offered at a reasonable price. Unlike many other platforms that try to serve restaurants, grocery stores, and everything in between, Springboard simply focuses on doing one thing incredibly well - retail. The software provides quick access to key customer information that enables sales staff to offer exceptional and personalized customer service, and offers the most extensive reporting system I've seen in the various products I've used or researched.

Cons:

I'm hard pressed to find fault with Springboard Retail as it quite capably addresses all of our retail apparel multi-store needs. That said, there are aspects that can and undoubtedly will be improved upon to make it applicable to a wider range of specialty businesses. For example, I don't think it specifically handles service/repair requests, but with a little creativity and assistance from their knowledgeable support team it likely can. Great software must walk a fine line between maintaining simplicity and offering a plethora of features which inevitably clutter screens and steepen the learning curve. Springboard is designed to be simple, and as long as they hold true to this commitment, they will undoubtedly become an industry leader. Thus far, this is one of those rare instances where I feel fortunate to be a somewhat early adopter.

Seth G.
Director of Operations in US
Luxury Goods & Jewelry, 51-200 Employees

Great product, even better company

5 4 years ago

Comments: I consider it a great decision on our part to go with Springboard Retail. While I am able to list some areas of opportunities for them, it is very reassuring to know that they constantly strive to improve their software based on client input. They actually really listen to feedback and many times act on it quickly if other clients can benefit from the change. This is refreshing. In my opinion, it would be challenging to find a better value or partnership on the market.

Pros:

Ease of use - intuitive nature Support team - always feel as if we are partners working together Dynamic Reporting Easy to customize certain fields to fit business needs Real-time reporting and sales sales metrics Mobility - using ipads within the stores, viewing results via smartphone Integration - happy with the timeline, support, and ease Training - very easy to train on this software, love the training mode Knowledge base - this is such a big plus. The articles are current and easy to find quickly Search capability - this is easily overlooked, but being able to put in part of an item's name, number or description and find what you need is huge! Same with customer information.

Cons:

Within the current software, I would like to be able to use a fiscal calendar vs the Gregorian calendar. Outside of software- although Springboard Retail is focusing on their core competencies, I do wish the following was available within the software and not through third parties: Time clock feature Loyalty/VIP Customer feature Integrated payment - we use Clover and integrate

Katie S.
Buyer in US

Amazing Customer Service and Support

4 5 years ago

Comments: The support team is available around the clock, any time I call in my request is greeted by a real person who immediately is able to help. They are very responsive and proactive about any bugs or issues in the software (which do happen from time to time) - they are always adding new features and updates. Overall, the software just makes SENSE to a lay person - it's clear that the person who designed it is in retail! There are always improvements to be made, and the support team is always happy to listen to my concerns. Overall, great people to work with.

Pros:

User friendly, Great reporting

Cons:

Exports to PDF are not the most clear, bugs in software happen occasionally

Xiorelis C.
Owner in US
Retail, 2-10 Employees

Good system for small retailers

5 5 years ago

Comments: I am happy with the service provided, customer service responds very fast, the reporting part of the system is great and very friendly to use. I do wish you had more POS hardware available, cooler looking ipad size hardware, etc.

Pros:

Reports Easy to use I can access from any computer anywhere I go Great customer service

Cons:

Hardware options are limited

Amel S.
Designer in Brazil
Arts & Crafts, 2-10 Employees

Manadge your store, clients and inventory in one app.

5 3 years ago

Comments: Good software, wish there was a less expensive version.

Pros:

Springboard retail is a great point of sale software. You can have your inventory save in a cloud, your costumer preferences saved in the app, wich helps vendors to push sales and find the best matches for the buyer and improve revenue. It also generates multiple graphics and informations for better managing your stores, knowing every information about your products and how they're selling. Is a great tool to have.

Cons:

It doesn't have a free version and the single store option is expensive. I believe that the multi store or franchise are more attractive.

Richard Q.
Manager in US
Retail, 51-200 Employees

Easy to use

5 2 years ago

Pros:

Software is easy to use. Works well for our products

Cons:

Needs better choices for printers vs having to take extra steps to print receipts

Matthew R.
Website Designer in
Apparel & Fashion, 11-50 Employees

Website Designer

4 5 years ago

Comments: Two-way integration with E-commerce platform is really what sold us on Springboard.

Pros:

I love that the system is so user-friendly! The reporting on this pos really helps the buyers anticipate what to buy for the next season. The best thing about this POS is the two-way integration with e-commerce platforms that easily pushes out the uploaded inventory from the POS directly to your E-commerce platform.

Cons:

For us, the advanced migration process took a long time. Better communication and management needed on the migration team as well as the training team.

Hailey M.
Team Lead in US

User friendly and easy to navigate

5 4 years ago

Pros:

I love it. It's easy to learn, easy to navigate, and user-friendly even on the first try. Customer service is awesome and it's great for the price.

Cons:

Sometimes it runs a little slow and has a couple of glitches but that depends on the day, so no real complaints.

Lauren F.
Used the Software for: Not provided

I use this daily for checking out customers at vestique.

Pros:

Training is easy, and overall, it is very user-friendly compared to other products we have used.

Cons:

I wish we could search directly from the Find tab instead of having to click on the Find button and then on Search. It would be easier if you could start searching automatically by typing what you are looking for into the search bar. When doubling up new customers, I wish it would ask if you want to add a duplicate or not.

Jennifer J.

Shopify is easy!

5 5 years ago

Comments: We started this year with Shopify. It was a breeze to import vendors, stock and customer lists. The volunteers, most of whom work one shift a week or even once every two weeks, find it intuitive. Anytime I've needed help with a report, I've been able to find it in the help section or someone has e-mailed a solution the next day. We love it! Jennifer Jansen
Guest Services Manager
Locust Grove
Louisville, KY
www.locustgrove.org

Nehal S.
Used the Software for: Not provided

Only going to get better!

4 6 years ago

Comments: Highly flexible, intuitive to use. They are always adding more features. Great support staff, some of the guys there really understand business and my needs and have been truly helpful in taking the sting out of switching to a new POS. Overall I am happy with the product and get more excited about it as they roll out new features.

Darren S.
Ops Manager in

DLM Supply

5 5 years ago

Comments: I have been very pleasantly surprised about how well Springboard has worked out for our Men's Clothing boutique in Dallas. My colleague and I did some extensive research in POS systems. We both had a history of working with larger clothing retailers so we were accustomed to robust reporting, advanced order systems, and detailed item management. Springboard has been able to deliver on all fronts. I've also come to appreciate the support system that is built in. There is a message board available to submit requests/questions and the follow through has been pretty good. They have listened to some of our feature requests and I have noticed a couple of them were implemented on the following system update (which they also do frequently). We are currently working on getting our website up and running on Shopify, and the integration is working great in terms of syncing inventory.

Pros:

Reporting, reporting, reporting. Reports are entirely customizable and there are several metrics to choose from. I feel like i have been able to replicate several of the reports that I had available to me at the large corporation that i worked at, and that has been very impressive. User friendly interface on the POS. Very easy to teach to new users. Detailed item management capability with unlimited customizable fields. Allows for even more robust reporting. Ipad app works well

Cons:

There were a couple bugs early on when using certain browsers. We now use Google Chrome more often than not and it seems to be working fine. I wish the item management integrated more seemlessly to our Shopify site, but i think this is nitpicking a bit since most of the other POS systems don't even offer any integration. Definitely pricier than the competition, but you get bang for the buck. Web based interface is risky if you have network connectivity issues. We have been lucky thus far, but I could see this as being an issue for others. Wish there was an iPhone app, a little hard to view on the iPhone browser.

David F.
Owner in

Over Promise & Under Deliver

2 5 years ago

Comments: On the recommendation of another store in the area that uses Springboard I decided to try them out. I was initially told I would be able to use all my same equipment that I used with a previous point of sale system, later that turned out to not be the case & at considerable cost. Importing the product seemed to be an extraordinary challenge for them as well, even though they said they switched customers from my previous point of sale to theirs, "all the time." All in all it took them over 7 days to import, and I'm still missing information or have information in the wrong places. Once we were ready to go with product in place, the new machinery they made me purchase stopped communicating with their Point of Sale & after several hours on the phone & several hundred dollars of walk out business they were able to fix most of it, only to have it happen several more times in the next 3 weeks. I'm still waiting on a call back from tech support so they can look at some issues that happened a week ago. All in all, this is extremely disappointing software. Had I to do it over again, I would certainly not have switched to Springboard.

Pros:

It's easy for my seasonal employees to use, but not remarkably more or less than any other POS.

Cons:

I was sold, "So much more than point of sale. Springboard Retail is a powerful, cloud POS software and retail management platform designed to help you sell more, smarter." So far it has entirely failed to live up to that billing. Rather cumbersome to put transactions on hold & recall, no time clock feature, a 4 to 5 step purchase order to purchase receipt function that is again, a bit cumbersome.

Julie K.
President in US
Apparel & Fashion, 11-50 Employees

Springboard retail is a Game Changer

5 4 years ago

Comments: I can look at my business from the app
On my phone anywhere anytime. I love this..it has given me some
Flexibility in my business and alllowed
Me to work
In a little
Family time

Pros:

I have control of the IT end of my business . I do not have to “call a guy” every time something goes wrong or it’s time For an upgrade. In 4 years my system has gone down maybe 4 Times and then never for more than 20 minutes and every time it has been the internet provider that was the problem but Springboard always steps up and gets it fixed. They never point the finger they just take care of it. Also there are no costly upgrades that require new computers and “that computer guy” to execute it.

Cons:

When you need help they will often times refer you to their knowledge base...usually I have already gone this route and need an actual Answer not another article to read.

Wendy L.
owner/president in

Overall very satisfied.

5 5 years ago

Comments: Switched over from quickbooks point of sale about a year ago. (DO NOT BUY QB POS) The transfer of data went smoothly. The customer support was amazing. They have every feature I need for a small business with moderate to high volume. They system is very easy to use. They are continuously evolving and don't try to charge you extra for updates like some systems do. Because it is web based you can access it anywhere and enter inventory when you are not in the store with out having the POS set up on another computer. Reporting features help me analyze business better. Dashboard gives an overview of all info I need on a daily basis. Their customer service is the best I have encountered ever. They are usually available with little to no wait time. The staff is knowledgable and addresses any issues that arise in a timely manner. That being said, there have been a few glitches but as I stated they do fix them quickly.

Pros:

Customer service. Web based, allows access anywhere.

Cons:

Extra monthly charge for using POS on an iPad even if I use it for just 1 day. Not cheap, but worth the price.

Pattie D.
Owner in US

Good Tool!

4 5 years ago

Comments: This is a very nice tool that works as a POS as well as inventory and order capturing. It's pricey though.

Pros:

POS is easy to use.

Cons:

VERY pricey!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Plus the additional spend for adding another terminal just to use at off-site events is cost prohibitive when there are other options out there for less money or for free.

Kelly R.
Used the Software for: Not provided

This is a tech-savvy system that is great for my trendy store!

Pros:

Springboard has been GREAT with fixing minor glitches and making iOS update adjustments immediately! I love utilizing the iPad for my trendy boutique, and I love the inventory system. The fact that this POS system was created by former boutique owners is evident in the detail and ease of use.

Cons:

The only thing I do not like is that sometimes the card reader and Bluetooth scanner do not work if the iPad has gone to sleep between customers. So the scanner has to be turned off and then back on to repair the issue. But this is a minor problem compared to the benefits of the system and has an easy fix.

Michelle D.
Used the Software for: Not provided

A comfortable transition to an automated POS system

Pros:

Once we got underway, the equipment has been easy to use, much faster and more complete and accurate than we expected. The vendor is very cooperative when we have questions. Answers are prompt and knowledgeable. The vendor has also gone the extra mile in helping us weave POS data into usable form for our accountant and other service resources we use. In addition, they follow-up with us frequently to see how we are doing. It's just what you would expect from a first class vendor.

Cons:

To date, we are pleased with all aspects of our system.

Morgan L.

Fantastic retail software for our 5-store retail chain

5 7 years ago

Pros:

There are so many things we have liked about using Springboard. It is extremely user-friendly and very easy to train new staff on. The reporting features have helped us tremendously with customer service and satisfaction. Springboard support has been extremely responsive and helpful. They are timely with their responses and we've had very few issues.

Cons:

We are working towards a way to integrate our gift card system, and we would really like an easy way to transfer inventory built in.

Heather K.

Excellent Point of Sale Platform

5 7 years ago

Pros:

They nailed the user-friendly experience with this tool. It vastly improved our workflow and our customer's experience. Training new sales associates has been quicker and easier over our previous tool.

Cons:

The options for gift cards is limiting, which becomes even more difficult when you have both online and brick-and-mortar storefronts.

Theresa J.
CEO in US
Apparel & Fashion

Springbroad is the best system for fashion retailers

5 6 years ago

Pros:

These folks understand fashion retail. Most of the other cloud-based systems evolved out of "coffee-shops" and are focused strictly on point-of-sale. As a fashion retailer that has been around for over 20 years, we needed a system that helps us manage our inventory, vendors and customers. Plus they have awesome support.

Cons:

Nothing much. Integration with with Shopify (for e-commerce) is still evolving.

Michelle M.
Owner in

Exceptional Customer Service

5 4 years ago

Comments: Overall, I'm extremely pleased

Pros:

The setup of this point of sale system was very user friendly. It is very easy to use and the customer service is excellent.

Cons:

I find running reports and programming promotions a challenge. In regards to running reports, it does not seem intuitive.

Caroline K.

Excellent experience with Springboard Retail

5 7 years ago

Pros:

I like the simplicity of the product. I also love that it is a multi-store product, so all six of our stores can be logged in and checking out customers at once.

Cons:

I really don't have any complaints. The product is so easy to use, and I love the reporting that it offers. I wish that it synced with our website, a Magento-based site, but that is my only complaint!

Phil S.
Used the Software for: Not provided

Best POS system in the market

5 5 years ago

Comments: Love the simplicity and the ease of use of all the entire system and its features. Been a customer for just over a year and we've only had awesome experience with it. Very fast and its inventory system keeps amazing accountability. The only drawback if I was nitpicking is their online chat support which can take some time for a response. But you can always just call their support number instead and they're always helpful there.

Ciara S.
Ciara S.

Great POS System for Retail

5 5 years ago

Comments: After coming from a software POS system that offered a complicated process and little to no customer service, I was pleasantly surprised that at Springboard they have demonstrated fabulous customer service and communication through our transition to their software platform. As the Franchisor to a retail brand, I value Springboard's ease of use and fantastic support and customer service culture.