15 years helping Irish businesses

About Brevo

Brevo, is the leading customer relationship management (CRM) suite.

Learn more about Brevo

Pros:

Relative ease of use and good integration with other software we use.

Cons:

Initially it was hard to configure the dedicated IP but it was due to our lack of knowledge in IT and misunderstanding with our web host provider.

Brevo ratings

4.4

8.6/10

Brevo has an overall rating of 4.5 out 5 stars based on 1,940 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Brevo before?

Filter reviews (1,939)

Jordi
Jordi
CEO in Spain
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Great tool to send our marketing campaigns.

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: We're happy using Brevo, we've been using it for more than two years, and for us it's a must-have tool.
Basically we use three functions: sending marketing campaigns that are generated in our system and sent via API; the synchronization of clients and users that is also synchronized via API; and finally the use of transactional emails, all emails sent from our website are monitored with Brevo.

Pros:

It's easy to use, very intuitive, and with a good looking interface. We've contacted with the support team a couple of times and they gave us a quick answer and solution in both cases.

Cons:

Recently the price has increased, and some functions that where in our plan are no longer available.

Allan
Founder in Brazil
Events Services, 2–10 Employees

Brevo is my new favorite app

4.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: so far, I'm with a big smile and hopefully I'll keep it for a long time.

Pros:

I can set up the way I want, have more users on free tools and also in paid tools, this is very important as sometimes we have users that are not using any of the paid tools. So we can pay exactly the amount we need.

Cons:

support is a bit slowly, if you want to solve any issues in 5 seconds, you won't be able to do and will be disappointed

Telecommunications, 201–500 Employees

Worst company to deal with - Stay away!

Comments: Sendinblue is probably the worst company I have ever dealt with. Not only their support is close to inexistent for users with premium account, but they treat you like a criminal. I've been using them for almost a year, when suddenly they deactivated the account, saying there was a complaint. That's it: someone makes a complaint, you have no chance to defend yourself, and they DEACTIVATE the account???
What happens with all the customer information I had stored there? What happens with the SMS credits I purchased? What happened with the monthly subscription?
Went on their Facebook page and guess what, I found at least 2 other customers having the EXACT same issue. Which FB page is also a joke, there's no engagement with THEIR customers.
Now I understand why they are such a cheap alternative.... because their service is the same: cheap

Pros:

There are no pro's, you have to figure it our yourself, and even the information posted on their website contradicts with real life usage

Cons:

No customer support, even if you have the Premium account, they have no respect for that. Their Social Media is also irrelevant, even their CEO's Linkedin account is irrelevant. His contact info on the Linkedin page is incorrect. My advice? Stay AWAY!

Ugochukwu L Fred
Founder in Nigeria

Brevo: Is it worth the Investment or No

Comments: Well in summary, Brevo, formerly known as Sendinblue, presents a compelling solution for businesses that are in dire need of versatile marketing automation and an email marketing platform. I'm also one of the owners of a business in need of this service. With its user-friendly interface, robust automation capabilities, and competitive pricing, Brevo seamlessly caters to a broad spectrum of users. Despite the minor drawbacks that I mentioned earlier, Brevo's strengths make it a strong contender in the market, especially for organizations looking for an affordable and feature-rich marketing solution. If you ask me, Brevo is a well-rounded platform that maintains a balance between functionality and accessibility. This makes it a solid choice for businesses aiming to elevate their digital marketing efforts.

Pros:

User-Friendly Interface: First of all, I love the simplicity of the design of the new user-friendly and intuitive Brevo interface; particularly the light-green feel of the Homepage and dashboard. Another striking thing there is their deliberate use of abundant white spaces; this does not only make the platform appear super-classy but it also makes it very easy for both beginners and experienced marketers alike to easily understand the system and make proper use of it. The drag-and-drop editor simplifies the process of creating engaging email campaigns without requiring extensive technical skills. Email Deliverability: One of Brevo's standout features is its robust email deliverability- anyone who uses the platform can attest to this. I've been using Brevo for over 3 years now (from when it was still known as Sendinblue). The platform employs advanced algorithms to optimize email delivery, minimizing the chances of messages ending up in spam folders (provided you use a custom email eg info@yourwebsitedotcom, and also verify you domain). This is crucial for ensuring that your messages reach the intended audience. Automation Capabilities: Brevo excels in automation, when it comes to automation, I give it to them. The system allows you to set up workflows for various scenarios. From welcome sequences to abandoned cart reminders, the automation features enable businesses to streamline their marketing processes and engage with customers at the right time. What's more interesting is the fact that even if you don't know how to use Brevo and need a little help, you can access training videos on Brevo's YouTube channel to help you get started. Affordability: The platform's pricing structure is competitive, especially for small to medium-sized businesses. Brevo also offers a free plan with basic features and affordable paid plans that scale with the user's needs even though that amount (Starter $25, Business $65, and BrevoPlus placed at custom price) is still a bit on the high side for some of us in Africa due to exchange, inflation and a whole lot of other pressing factors. This makes it an attractive option for budget-conscious organizations (especially those in the big 5). Comprehensive Marketing Suite: Brevo is not limited to just email marketing; it's a comprehensive marketing suite with an array of marketing tools. Users can leverage features such as: - SMS marketing - Chat - & CRM integration, creating a unified platform for managing various aspects of their marketing strategy. Analytics and Reporting: The platform also provides detailed analytics and reporting tools, offering insights into the performance of email campaigns. Users can track key metrics in real-time, such as open rates, click-through rates, and conversion rates, enabling data-driven decision-making.

Cons:

Learning Curve for Advanced Features: It is true that Brevo is user-friendly, however, mastering its more advanced features may take some time (this is the reason I'll advise avy new user to get some help from their YouTube channel. Users looking to harness the full potential of the platform may need to invest additional effort in learning and experimentation. Limited Design Flexibility: Although the drag-and-drop editor is very convenient, some super-creative users might find the design flexibility limiting. Customizing templates beyond the provided options may require HTML/CSS knowledge, which could be a drawback for those without coding expertise. Contact Management Complexity: Managing contacts and segmentation could be more streamlined. Some users may find the contact management interface less intuitive compared to other platforms, especially when dealing with larger contact lists. Template Selection: While Brevo offers a variety of templates, the selection might not be as extensive as some other competitors. Users who are keen on getting some highly specialized or niche templates may find themselves needing to create custom designs; this is exactly what I do any time I want to create a campaign.

Carlos Roberto
Carlos Roberto
CTO in Colombia
Events Services, 2–10 Employees

Easy to use and professional functionalities

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: More than good, it is a easy and complete solution to send massive email campaigns to my customers.

Pros:

It is in my language. It's easy and intuitive to use. It lets me create multiple lists to order my contacts.

Cons:

Estimated openness statistics do not assure true deliverability

Riccardo
Creative Director in Italy
Machinery, 11–50 Employees

Great GDPR compliant marketing platform

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Great and intuitive all-in-one marketing solution.

Pros:

Wide range of features: CRM, email marketing, marketing automation, landing pages, chat support that can be personalized for your brand and posted on your website.

Cons:

It's not the cheapest solution out there. Sometimes automations are a little bit slow.

Sasa
Life coach and CEO in South Africa
Professional Training & Coaching, Self Employed

My experience using Brevo

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Its been going well so far as I am still in the learning phase. However, I have been able to create a campaign and an automation. I am still trying to understand how the conversations set-up works.

Pros:

It is a good platform. I like the fact that there is conversation in the platform so I dont need to look for a different website chat application.

Cons:

I do not remember being offered an on-boarding call, I really believe there should be one. The platform I was using before is good at this. They give ou a welcome call and an hour's onboarding call.

Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Good and simple tool to send mail

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

easy to use and great posibility to get help or find information

Cons:

When you want to send a mail test, you have to create first a contact and put this contact in a list.

Renly
Director Marketing in US
Marketing & Advertising, 51–200 Employees

Why You Must Have Brevo

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

It comes with best campaign scheduling features It makes email marketing and lead management easy Comes with some great CRM capabilities

Cons:

Brevo has served us right and reasons to complain

isaac david
Manager in Argentina
Consumer Electronics, 2–10 Employees

Great solution for our company

5.0 last month New

Pros:

Ease of use. Very friendly interface. Anyone can use it.

Cons:

no cons. Always improving... keep it that way.

Michelle
Sr. Marketing BI Analyst in US
Real Estate, 201–500 Employees

Game Changer

Comments: Overall, SendinBlue has been a huge game changer for our company. I have been doing the email marketing for over 5 years and with our previous provider it was a time-suck for little result. I'm happy that there are constantly updates and changes being made to stay current and enhance the features available. Not only has SendInBlue saved me a ton of time, it has really increased the value of our email marketing program.

Pros:

It's overall ease of use was a big pro when I first saw it, but I think the selling point for me was the contact management capabilities. The ability to keep all of our lists in one place and be able to filter for certain contacts has changed the way that we market and has made the process of personalizing one hundred times easier.

Cons:

Being the analytics person for the company, I am disappointed with the limited abilities of pulling our results.

Kevin
Online Education Technology & Systems Designer in US
E-Learning, 11–50 Employees

Amazing Value, Great Deliverability, Powerful Featureset, Some Learning Curve and Rough Edges

Pros:

I love the value of this product. I can send more emails to way more contacts for less money. The automation features are powerful and flexible, including jumping from one automation to another or repeating part of a workflow based on action or inaction. I love it. Deliverability is the best I've seen and they make it easy to track issues with particular domains. Thank you! Analytics and reports are solid.

Cons:

The onboarding was a mess with errors in their documentation: it took us three months or so, so plan for that. Their support was AWFUL then but has improved dramatically in the year since so I would not be surprised if onboarding has improved. Their SMS feature is not that useful: I can automate sending SMSs but if anyone replies, I can receive it but cannot reply to them individually. The SMSs come from a random number that is not consistent so recipients cannot effectively add you to their contacts or send a text to that number. Probably better to use a separate SMS service. Their advanced email personalization is difficult to set up. Basic stuff like first name is easy but populating event-based info like order details is hard.

Robin
Partner in UK
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2–10 Employees

Sendinblue. For those that want an all in one solution for mail, marketing, list management

Comments: Before Send in blue I had dabbled with mailchimp and found it so hard to do anything and all the time being punished with the financial hits of the charges. Once I signed up for Sendinblue the whole mailshot, landing page, website to data opt in became a breeze. Anytime I faltered I went back to the sendinblue videos or course. Everything is a delight to do and creating a campaign less painful than before and the deliverability is high. A true winner of an experience.

Pros:

Send in Blue makes is easy to mark out and make a plan of action so you know what you want to do. From the campaign email through to the landing page, to the sign ups and all integrated nicely with my wordpress website and Elementor. As it is all in one place you can skip in and out and work on components and filter and sort the emails. Make a list of what you want and Send in Blue has it somewhere. I even took a certified course in send in blue on marketing automation using send in blue (free course).

Cons:

The only downside to Sendinblue for me was my lack of knowledge. However Sedin blue top the rescue with their free courses. Now I invested a few days of y time doing them and in the process the light bulb came on on what I needed to do. Once I got it, those training courses were the perfect tutor, they not only taught me automation and everything else, better, they did it so I could do what I learnt in the Sendinblue dashboard. Win win

Juliet
Blogger in South Africa
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Sendinblue - The Best Features Pros and Cons

Comments: When it comes to pricing, Sendinblue has four plans available with a free plan that allows 300 emails a day. It is cost effective for small businesses as it comes in handy to users who're at the beginning of their email marketing journey who do not have a budget. Sendinblue has a very good CRM filtering and segmentation of contacts feature. It also provides social media marketing, SMS Marketing, landing pages creation, online surveys and many more tools for digital marketers. More advanced features are available in the premium and enterprise plans.

Pros:

What I liked most about Sendinblue is its easy of use with a variety of customizable templates. I liked the fact that it is a cloud-based email marketing tool that offers a range of features and functionalities for both beginner and advanced users. It is also a marketing automation platform that provides the right marketing and sales tools you need to build strong relationships with your customers all in one place.

Cons:

I found the onboarding process on this app to be difficult especially when it comes to data transfer. Steep learning curve on some of the features like configuring a dedicated IP or sending targeted emails. Also, if you want more features, they're are only available in the premium and enterprise plans where you have to pay for them.

Diego
Digital Marketing Specialist in Brazil
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Incredible tool

Comments: It helps very much in my automations using JS scripts on my site or scripts (via API) in my computer.
Very good to send newsletters too, with a high send limit.
And I use to all my transactional e-mail of my Wordpress website using the plugin. Much better than PHP mail.

Pros:

Great free tier Marketing Automation tool with many types of workflows Great limit to send e-mail marketing and transactional emails Nice plugins for Wordpress Easy to make e-mail templates and preview then with many options Connection with other tools using API Simple API with many functions JS to automation easy to setup Great support (even in portuguese)

Cons:

Sometimes the platform is a little slow, but I think it's temporary because the suddenly increase of users.l

Martin
Software Developer in US
Philanthropy, 2–10 Employees

A short discussion about Sendinblue

Comments: I use Sendinblue to send out transactional emails for the platforms I develop on. I stay away from the marketing feature.

Pros:

In terms of getting started to get a mailing server, for free, I don't think you'll find better. Sendinblue is an effective option to automate your email setup, and it's hassle free. If you've worked with API before, this will be no problem at all. Even if you haven't they take care of you with starter templates.

Cons:

The website is incredibly slow. You will sit there just waiting for the page to load, even if it's simple data. Additionally, sendinblue does a horrible job documenting and announcing their own vetting process. I once purchased SIB Credit and had no feedback as to why it wasn't credited to my account. All of the top support docs just told me to look into my account or buy credit. It turns out, you have to contact support to get your account activated. Additionally, there are a few API contact adding handlers that could work a little bit better, and handle errors better.

Shahila
Shahila
Business Development Manager in Malaysia
Financial Services, 10,000+ Employees

Manage email campaign easily

Comments: This marketing software really has help us managing and planning our email marketing campaign and its effectiveness to the maximum. I really like that all the report for the marketing campaign is filled with useful analytics report that we have use it to measure the marketing campaign rate of successful.

Pros:

I really like all the marketing feature and option that are provided by Sendinblue. It has all i need for automation marketing process, like email marketing manager and newsletter builder. The inboxes help to store customer's previous email history, so we can serve and response to their inquiries email better.

Cons:

The customer service is not as active as it should be, they are not operation for 24/7 and as our company is on difference time zone, it is difficult to have a real-time chat session with them. An integration with other outside service like Gmail also will add more flexibility to our marketing process.

Telecommunications, 11–50 Employees

Excellent email marketing and automation platform

Comments: In summary, Brevo is a complete and reliable platform for email marketing and automation. It has boosted our business by providing us with the tools we need to reach our customers in an effective and personalized way. We recommend it 100% for any business looking to improve their digital marketing strategy.

Pros:

Brevo has proven to be an indispensable tool in our email marketing and automation strategy. Since we started using this platform, we have experienced a significant increase in the effectiveness of our campaigns and interaction with our customers.What we like most about Brevo is its intuitive and easy-to-use interface. It allowed us to create and personalize emails quickly and easily, even if we are not design experts. The variety of pre-designed templates makes it easy to create attractive and professional messages. In addition, the ability to segment our contact list and send personalized emails has significantly improved our open and conversion rate.

Cons:

Could improve the CRM part and the integration with google forms.

Anmol
Anmol
Marketing manager in US
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Email marketing for small budget

Comments: I have had a good experience but I wouldn't call it the best. Given a smaller budget we have, we are kind of stuck with them.

Pros:

I like the account management service that you get with the enterprise solutions. You get a representative who is attached to your account and works With you closely to help with all deliverability agendas.

Cons:

Their customer support. Their customer support is pretty bad and one the worst issues I face. They operate only during specific times during the week, which may often not work well even for companies those who are based on the US. Secondly, it seems like they're always flooded with calls so you can't get to them on the first call, almost always. Then on top of that they don't return your calls when they're unavailable.

Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Sendinblue - so cool and easy!!

Comments: The overall experience with them is great, I always discover new things and manage to give the best for myself and my clients. I'm glad I'm leaning on a strong, veteran company that knows how to respond and feedback on every action I take. The good support network gives me the confidence that I can continue to grow and grow together, in the businesses I do and the services I offer to other businesses.

Pros:

I just love them! The amount of features offered, the great support, on each question answer, and plenty of resources for self-learning. I use their API with node.js and it is easy and intuitive and also their interface is very nice and short processes. The feedback I have for every action I do is great.

Cons:

the support RTL for Hebrew and Arabic lng's in the SMS not exist at all, and the text editors needs some more adjustments in order to keep it easy.

Pranjal
Co founder in India
Media Production, 11–50 Employees

Value for money email marketing automation tool

Comments: Overall, its a great tool to have with generous features and very attractive pricing. For transactional emails, it is a go to solution and is almost a no brainer choice to have.

Pros:

It is easy to operate, has almost no learning curve and is very cost effective. In fact for someone starting out, the free plan is so generous that it serves the purpose well for years. Compared to mailchimp and the likes, it is way way cheaper while retaining many of their features. In fact the pricing is basis the per email sent and not on the basis of your contact list size which makes it very attractive.

Cons:

The email templates are good to go but are not that attractive and modern as some of its competitors like klaviyo have. Infact for automation of emails, the automation flows are also not exhaustive and for specific use cases you will have to build your own flows from scratch. There are not many third party developers who provide ready to use flows as compared to klaviyo.

Marco
CTO in Italy
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 11–50 Employees

Fair service overall

Comments: A fair and not-so-expensive mail service, with CRM, Marketing Automation, SMS...

Pros:

Not so expensive because the pricing is only calculated by the mail you sent instead of the contacts you have.

Cons:

CRM is too basic, Marketing Automation is not so advanced. Anyway, they both work smoothly and are included in the subscription.

Gibbs
Floor Manager & Training Manager in UK
Luxury Goods & Jewelry, 10,000+ Employees

A popular application Sendinblue premium use Programming, and coordinate CRM management.

Comments: My involvement in this application isn't excessively acceptable however it has some extraordinary highlights that help in advanced advertising. It likewise needs numerous highlights, I the highlights are refreshed then it would turn into the best application for email promoting. It's decent that I can send an email to a get gathering or gatherings, depending on what we would wish to endeavor to at that point.

Pros:

Sendinblue premium empowers the business to develop new connections via auto advertising, email promoting, value-based messages, messages, visit client relationships the executives, Facebook advertisements, and retargeting promotions. It's controlled by world-class client groups and offers to evaluate plans. It's developed on me who I somewhat like the completed item - the clean, reliably marked messages that go to my patients to converse with them viably. I like how simple it's to create messages and include contacts. We simply required the best approach to talk with our clients all the more successfully.

Cons:

Sendinblue Premium has awful client support during the underlying phases of actualizing and utilizing their item. This burned through huge amounts of within recent memory pointlessly. It seems a touch interface for fixing templates League. Moreover, we do miss usefulness to arrange ace layouts which might be wont to create new void formats. The simplified highlights are likewise not accessible in this application.

Human Resources, 2–10 Employees

Right from Transactional Emails to Campaign Management, my go to email platform

Pros:

Ease of use and ease of deployment is something I love about the platform. I have been using this for more than 4 years.

Cons:

Not giving the SMS credits in the basic versions along with the email version is something I don't like.

Vance
Vance
Digital Marketing Head in Singapore

Best Email Automation & Transactional Email Platform

Comments: Absolutely excellent experience throughout the years.

Pros:

Wide range of features, particularly developer-friendly ones such as transactional email, SMTP and API. Also, affordability for small and medium businesses. The developer documents and customer service are probably the best.

Cons:

Nothing much to hate about Brevo (previously known as SendinBlue), except maybe the new colour scheme. On a more serious note, the email builder can be improved slightly in terms of UX. Certain things require one or two too many clicks.