15 years helping Irish businesses

About TalentLMS

TalentLMS is the LMS built for training success. Easy to manage and a joy to use, teams embrace training from the very first click.

Learn more about TalentLMS

Pros:

Cons:

All products have limitations and will go thru improvements. My very real concern is there complete lack of empathy with a start-up and poor customer service.

TalentLMS ratings

4.6
4.6
4.5
4.7

9.0/10

TalentLMS has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 532 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used TalentLMS before?

Nick
Nick
Product Marketing Specialist in US
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Continued improvements

Comments: Overall it has been a great experience. Their support is always helpful and timely, they rarely have service disruptions (despite a massive increase in e-learning following COVID) and they have continued to improve the features of the product.

Pros:

Talent LMS has continued to deploy regular quarterly updates which improve the features and usability of their product. They've maintained affordable pricing along the way, even when large updates have been added to the system. It's really easy for our learners to use and administration and reporting is pretty good.

Cons:

Certification management needs to be improved further. I still haven't quite figured out how we will handle re-certification if requirements differ from the original. It's also not easy to get the certificate ID number, which is important to be able to store the data outside of Talent LMS. Our workaround requires manually loading a PDF preview and taking the ID from the PDF, which is the only place you can embed it natively. Reporting has gotten increasingly better over time but can still use some better cross-object reporting and filtering based on other criteria.

Alternatives Considered: Adobe Connect Learning and Skilljar Customer Education

Reasons for Switching to TalentLMS: Better value for money considering all the features. Also was extremely white label and had broad API access which was important to us to integrate into our existing customer systems and portals.

3 years ago

Nick, thanks for your feedback and review! As you mentioned, our team continues to keep improving TalentLMS and our quarterly updates are a result of the feedback we gather from our customers. It's great to hear that you've had a great TalentLMS experience thus far, and we'll keep working hard to ensure things keep on getting even better!

Jordan
Jordan
Readiness and Success Coordinator in US
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 51–200 Employees

The Best Solution for Our Need

Comments: Talent has enabled my organization to standardize our training, create long-term training infrastructure, and consolidate the training workload into one role, improving efficiency and saving both time and money. It is by far the most affordable training solution that we could identify, and with TalentLibrary, it is the most robust training solution available for our use-case.

Pros:

TalentLMS' base-level of functionality, accessibility, and ease of use for administrators, instructors, and learners alike is its defining feature. As the primary administrator and course creator for my organization, I was able to quickly learn the software's limits and work within them to create an effective training curriculum for a youth audience. Once deployed, that youth audience was able to navigate TalentLMS and complete their courses with minimal issues or bugs. All this was possible with an LMS that came far below the price-point of all other LMS' we considered.

Cons:

There is nothing I strongly dislike in my experience using TalentLMS. Apart from minor bugs in data tracking (course completion time) and my own inexperience in cleaning up data when doing my own data analysis, I never ran into any issues that either didn't have a solution already available in the help section or that were not quickly resolved by the Customer Support Team

Alternatives Considered: Google Classroom, Absorb LMS, Moodle and Blackboard Learn

Reasons for Switching to TalentLMS: The cost of Absorb/Blackboard was more than my non-profit could afford. Implementing Moodle would have been beyond the technical scope of our employees. Google Classroom's full portfolio was not available to us as we are not an educational institution despite having educational programs (HiSET)

Insurance, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Easy-to-use LMS

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Absolutely recommend TalentLMS to any business which takes little time to setup, easy to complete mass-enrollments and mass-registrations of learners. Administrators hardly ever hear of technical issues on the system, but rather technical issues found on devices that doesn't allow them to do something on TalentLMS.

Pros:

Easy to setup and use even if you are not a HTML/CSS expert. Can manage courses and learner progress easily, and works for our business processes. The support team is wonderful, and it's easy to be a part of any Beta testing and provide feedback and recommendations to be considered. Development done on TalentLMS are included in the annual license fee.

Cons:

Because I'm not an expert on the HTML/CSS field, it is difficult for me to figure out if views can be changed even after some research. But the GUI works for our learners, in most cases they prefer to keep it the same look and feel with a slow switch-over to the Beta version.

Mark
Museum Planner in Mexico
Architecture & Planning, 2–10 Employees

Lacking Features as Advertised

Comments: Very poor customer service, see above over six months or trying to work out issues with customer support, next step is Better Business Bureau.

Pros:

The software is said to have many features at a low cost, this is clearly false advertising.

Cons:

The software is advertised and marketed as a platform for selling online courses. For many issues users are required to enter CSS or Javascript for simple issues like a social media link. For over six months I have been trying to work with customer support, today I gave up. My next step is to report the company to the Better Business Bureau. As the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] wrote me: Hi Mark, Thank you for contacting me and for sharing your concerns. I can understand your frustration. It is true that our product development team has decided to focus more on Enterprise features, rather than e-Commerce related ones. We offer some integrations with payment gateways and specific eCommerce features allowing our customers to sell their courses through their TalentLMS portal but it is not our main focus. As far as your specific requirements are concerned, our support team offered you advice on how you could use our CSS / Javascript editors to achieve what you are looking for. We have decided to offer these editors (CSS / Javascript) to give our customers more freedom. Using these editors you have more options, but CSS and Javascript knowledge is required. We cannot provide customization services to our customers, according to our policy, but our software support engineers are always available to advise and guide you through. Please let me know if you need any further clarification. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] Pioneer in eLearning solutions TalentLMS

4 years ago

Dear Mark, we're sorry to hear that the follow up provided by our customer support team has not met your requirements. As mentioned in the email you shared, our team is on-hand should you wish to seek any further assistance. We wish you all the best in your future business endeavours.

Julie
Director, Global Training and Communications in US
Retail, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Exceptional Learning Management System for Global Training Needs

Comments: TalentLMS has been an indispensable tool for our organization. Its robust features, user-friendly interface, and exceptional support have not only met but exceeded our expectations. We wholeheartedly recommend it to any organization seeking an efficient and reliable learning management system for their global training needs. Five stars without hesitation!

Pros:

We've been utilizing TalentLMS for a considerable period now, and it has been an absolute game-changer for our team. This platform has revolutionized how we manage and conduct training sessions across our partner sites worldwide. One of the standout features of TalentLMS is its unparalleled ability to organize and facilitate seamless training sessions. The user-friendly interface makes it incredibly easy for us to create, distribute, and track training modules efficiently. This has significantly streamlined our processes, allowing us to focus more on the content and less on the logistics. Moreover, the global reach and accessibility of this system have been instrumental in our success. Being able to provide consistent and standardized training material to our partner sites worldwide has strengthened our operations and improved overall performance. The support and responsiveness of the TalentLMS team deserve special mention. Any queries or issues we've encountered were promptly addressed, showcasing their commitment to customer satisfaction.

Cons:

The only con I experience is that we cannot add pictures to surveys. But that's about it. Not a big deal.

Alternatives Considered: Lessonly

Reasons for Choosing TalentLMS: We transitioned due to several crucial factors that impacted our training efficiency. While Cerego served a purpose initially, its limitations became increasingly evident over time.

Switched From: Cerego

Courtney
Courtney
System Administrator in US
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

TalentLMS helps me keep track of training courses easily

Comments: TalentLMS allows me to keep a record of my training courses, training hours, evaluations, and test results so that I can easily conduct an audit. It's great for getting acquainted with or relaying the organization's standards, and it helps sustain an effective rewards system.

Pros:

Excellent resource for reusing existing information into new educational resources; It can be picked up and used in less than an hour. Excellent service is a hallmark of this company. They are easy to contact, respond quickly and are open to suggestions for improvement. Their location in Cyprus scared me in terms of communication, but even with our own account representative, everything was fine.

Cons:

Unfortunately, when training materials are generated in Microsoft PowerPoint and submitted to TalentLMS, the software removes all animations and page transitions. The visuals are dull and unchanging.

3 months ago

Hi Courtney, thank you for the glowing review! It’s great that you’ve found setting up TalentLMS and working with our customer support team so easy (we’ll let them know!). You’ll also be happy to learn that we’re working on a new way to create your course content and even use AI to generate new texts, images, and other materials. Here’s how you can check out TalentCraft by switching to the TalentLMS+ Beta interface on your portal: https://help.talentlms.com/hc/en-us/articles/10927713481884-Getting-to-know-TalentCraft It’ll give you more freedom to craft the content you want and make it more visually engaging and interactive for your learners.

Pennie
Instructor in US

Talent LMS Rocks!

Comments: Overall, TalentLMS is wonderful. I had to downgrade because I did not get my government contract. When I downgraded, the system would not allow me to downgrade fully. I sent an email to the key people and they resolved the problem expeditiously.

Pros:

I LOVE TalentLMS. I have been using this mgmt system EVERYDAY for over a year. This system is so easy to use, has lots of great features and my students find it very easy to navigate.

Cons:

The TalentLMS App (BETA) don't work with some of the desktop features. It has been in beta for since I started using it (over a year). I am just waiting for them to get the bugs out so I can use it to track my students. I haven't told my students about the beta.

Tami
Tami
Digital Learning Manager in Canada
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Excellent product for the price

Comments: Starting with TalentLMS has been critical for our organizational training, particularly the branch feature, mobile app, and easy-to-use interface. The customer service has been fantastic and the price is affordable. I'd recommend it.

Pros:

+ Customer service is timely and helpful + Platform is affordable + Easy-to-use interface for learners, instructors, and administrators + Mobile app included + Numerous customizable features + Separate 'branches' for training, enabling access for different groups

Cons:

- Smaller details within course building are not customizable, or not easily customizable

2 years ago

Tami, thank you for this very insightful review of TalentLMS! We love hearing that you are enjoying the branch feature of the platform. It can be very handy to organize your trainings in sub-groups ;)

Jackson
Jackson
Partner in Australia
Law Practice, 11–50 Employees

User friendly entry to LMS

Comments: We are looking to commercialise our existing F2F and webinar materials by developing online conent. TalentLMS was by far the best of the systems we trialled to deliver e-commerce training solutions. The features and set-up are intuitive and the customer support has been outstanding.

Pros:

The product offers a range of features to easily commercialise your courses, create content on the platform or import Scorm or other file formats, and incredibly responsive customer support.

Cons:

I have not come across any issues to date - the product was simple to set up and customise, and layout and features are intuitive.

Alternatives Considered: iSpring Market, LearningCart, Thinkific and Litmos

Switched From: iSpring Market, LearningCart, Thinkific and Litmos

Reasons for Switching to TalentLMS: Some other products lacked the flexibility in features that TalentLMS brought to the table. Because of the lack of domain experience, other limited documentation provided by some other systems was a major issue. Finally, the ability to use Scorm content was critical to our selection.

3 years ago

Jackson, thanks for leaving us a review. We're so happy to hear that you selected TalentLMS after your extensive research and that you're enjoying the range of features and ease of set-up! Our trusty support team is always on-hand should you need any assistance in the future!

Colin
Colin
Instructional designer in Australia
Human Resources, 51–200 Employees

TalentLMS is a great learning management system

Comments: It is a fantastic low cost solution to getting online learning experiences to customers.

Pros:

It is very easy to use and configure I was able to configure most of the system in only a few hours. The FAQ support is fantastic.

Cons:

If I had to pick anything it would be the limited customization on the course catalogue page. It shows everything a potential customer would need but you have no control over how it displays the course lists, especially the bundles.

Alternatives Considered: Blackboard Collaborate and Brightspace

Reasons for Switching to TalentLMS: The other systems where very expensive and didn't offer any features critical to our needs.

3 years ago

Thanks for your review and valued feedback, Colin!

Scott
Executive Director in US
Professional Training & Coaching, 2–10 Employees

TalentLMS exceeded most of my expectations

Comments: Overall I have been very satisfied with it, in fact, we upgraded earlier this year. I would like to see some more enhancements, but it has exceeded my hopes for it.

Pros:

I love how easy it is to use on a variety of levels: 1) Setup was simple for basic functionality. 2) Day to day usage is simple for administrators and trainers. I love that you go between the different views including learner so you can see what the learner sees. 3) We have a more complicated setup in we use different branches to customize our user experience, this is incredibly easy to set up.

Cons:

I had to do some workarounds to make the initial end-user experience work for them. The workaround is not bad it is just a little annoying. In addition, the system notifications are limited in their configuration, this has proven frustrating at times. The biggest frustration has been the lack of an integrated grade book along with limited testing options (that are not very customizable).

Alternatives Considered: Moodle, LatitudeLearning and Litmos

Reasons for Choosing TalentLMS: Learnpress just did not meet my needs, but the biggest was they wiped out entire class during an upgrade and could not restore it.

Reasons for Switching to TalentLMS: There are a variety of reasons I chose TalentLMS depending on which alternative I was looking at. It came down to 3 factors: 1) Cost, some of the alternatives were just out of our limited price range. 2) Setup/Functionality: Some of the alternatives were very difficult to configure and the functionality was limited. 3) I liked I had options for moving forward with TalentLMS giving me different ways of paying this allowed me to ease into the product to make sure it was what I needed and wanted. This model works well for small companies like mine.

4 years ago

Great to see that you're making the most of TalentLMS functions and features, Scott! Sounds like you've mastered the workarounds but in case you need anything else, our support team is always on-hand. We love hearing that TalentLMS has exceeded your expectations and we promise to keep working hard to make sure things stay that way!

osama
teacher in Egypt

TalentLMS review

Comments: Really a great experience, before Talent I used many systems to manage educational content so I know the features of Talent very well, and it came to the point that I set up a training center in my country and I myself train teachers and students to use the wonderful Talent system and the result was amazing. Thank God, I succeeded in participating more. How many 30 teachers and more than 10 thousand students Yes, 10,000 students, and this is confirmed in my subscription to the service : [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] ([SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN])
Really I believe in Talent and I hope to be an official agent for it in my country, but in the Middle East, so does that lie?
My greetings

Pros:

As a teacher, I find all the services that help me in communication and distance education with my students No malfunctions Fast security Organizer Easy

Cons:

The grading system should not be limited to the percentage. Rather, the grading system should be added to it as it happens in schools Better live broadcasting service through the site and not through a third party, such as Zoom, for example

Alternatives Considered: iSpring Suite and Docebo

Reasons for Choosing TalentLMS: Limited, slow to develop

Switched From: eLecta Live

Reasons for Switching to TalentLMS: Quality and reasonable price Supports the Arabic language well

3 years ago

Thank you for taking the time to review TalentLMS! We're very pleased to hear that TalentLMS has been able to suit your Arabic language needs and enable you to create a successful learning environment!

Jade
Learning and Development Supervisor in Philippines
Information Services, 51–200 Employees

TalentLMS is simple to use and will assist your management team in developing an eLearning strategy.

Comments: It was easy to use and useful for creating our training modules, roadmaps, and progress tracking.

Pros:

The TalentLMS software is simple to use and will assist you in managing learning and development. Our entire company works from home, making it difficult to send updates and trainings to specific employees and assist them in becoming more engaged and knowledgeable about our products and services. We use TalentLMS to create courses, assign them to employees, and track their scores and progress. Very straightforward and efficient.

Cons:

The interface for creating your own courses is basic. It requires significant improvement. There aren't many editing tools. I strongly recommend that you use Canva for your slide, course design and content in order to make everything look pretty, colorful, and engaging.

Alternatives Considered: BizLibrary and Microsoft PowerPoint

Reasons for Switching to TalentLMS: Pricing and it can be integrated with BambooHR which we use for hiring new employees.

last year

Hi Jade, thanks for your insightful and honest review. We're glad you find TalentLMS to be easy to use and manage. Your feedback really means the world to us as we strive to improve TalentLMS. Keep an eye out because some exciting new elements will be coming soon to make your experience on the platform even more enjoyable!

Marshall
elearning specialist in US
Professional Training & Coaching, 11–50 Employees

Everything you want for a reasonable price

Comments: It has been super easy to get my staff on board and set up. I have worked with our success manager and utilized the help desk as well and have had wonderful experiences each time. You couldn't ask for better service.

Pros:

Right off the bat, I liked the look and feel of the UI. It was easy to use and customize. Once we purchased the product, the customer service was outstanding!! They are so responsive and easy to work with. Not to mention all the onboarding support you get. You can't beat the price either. As a non-profit, I searched over 20 different systems and could not find one with this many features, support and customization for the price.

Cons:

It's honestly hard to find a con, but I do wish we could change the categories for the badges.

Alternatives Considered: NextThought, Accord LMS, Absorb LMS, Microsoft 365, Trakstar Learn, LearnUpon, Litmos and Relias Healthcare LMS

Reasons for Switching to TalentLMS: Because they has the best price to features and support ratio for the number of learners we had.

2 years ago

Marshall, thanks for your review of Our Customer service team appreciates your positive feedback! They are indeed a great team, and you can be sure that they will always be here to back you up when needed. Speaking of which, regarding your desire to change badges, here is an article to guide you through the customization. We hope it will help :)

Christian
Owner in US

A step above the rest

Comments: Overall it has been a very pleasant experience, so much so, we just upgraded for a free trial to the standard package. Looking forward to the possibilities that lie ahead.

Pros:

It is very easy to use and become familiar with the features. Our students, mostly children aged 8-15 love the Gamification aspect and earning certificates and badges.

Cons:

It is somewhat time consuming to create our courses... It could definitely be the way we are building them. It would be nice to see a preview of previously uploaded images for easy selection and reuse.

Alternatives Considered: Articulate 360

Reasons for Choosing TalentLMS: Pricing

Switched From: Articulate 360

Reasons for Switching to TalentLMS: Pricing and ability to use a free trial to test the product.

3 years ago

Christian, thanks for making the switch from Articulate 360 to TalentLMS! Great to hear that your younger learners are enjoying the gamification aspect! As you continue to build your training offering, do check our the TalentLMS Knowledge Base for useful tips and of course you can reach out to our trusty support team if you need any help along the way!

Brandi
Education Visionary in US
E-Learning, 2–10 Employees

Exactly what we were looking for

Comments: We have searched for a long time time (over 6 months) for an LMS that meets all of our needs as a brand new startup with limited funds but certain functionality requirements. TalentLMS so far has met all of those needs. We are very pleased!

Pros:

Love the ease of use and that it is very user-friendly. Anyone with a little knowledge of LMS functionality can easily set up their school. Love that it integrates easily with Shopify and ZOOM - our two most critical features. The pricing is immensely better than any other LMS we looked at and we looked an MANY! We have been using TalentLMS for about 2 months now and so far everything has been seamless.

Cons:

The only thing I've encountered that isn't great is the lack of live, chat support. But that hasn't been a major issue because the email support is great.

4 years ago

Brandi, reviews like yours make us super-proud! We're so thrilled to hear that after what can be a very long and tedious search, that TalentLMS is meeting your needs and exceeding your expectations. Should you need any help along the way, our support team is always on-hand to guide you as needed (it's great to hear that our Support team gets a gold star from you, but if you should ever crave the immediacy of live chat down the track, this is available on our Premium plans). We promise to work hard and keep providing you the seamless experience you're enjoying!

Stephanie
President in US
E-Learning, 2–10 Employees

Simple-to-use platform for a commercial product

Comments: We are very happy with how Talent LMS has provided such a user friendly platform that has seamlessly facilitated our growth.

Pros:

We have a commercial curriculum product, with thousands of learners from about 100 clients housed on the TalentLMS platform. It effectively supports having each customer isolated in it's own "branch" where they have their own admin and manage their own users. The primary selling points for choosing Talent LMS were the simple UI that requires minimal customer and no learner training, and the mobile app which facilitates learners going through modules offline. The level of customer support has been even better than we anticipated - with one issue we couldn't determine if it was the LMS, Browser or authoring tool that was causing the problem. The team went above and beyond to help us test it to determine causality. Setting up new branches is quick and easy. Bulk import is easy to use. Most of our learners are teenagers who say that they don't even feel like it's "learning" when they use the app. We and our customers love it. When we add large new customers, we have to add seats to our subscription. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] our customer service rep has always been helpful and responsive.

Cons:

It would be helpful to have more robust survey functionality - we do have to create "courses" that link to Survey Monkey for some of our learner self assessments (i.e. Questions with two answers: How would you have rated yourself before this program, how do you rate yourself now?). It would also be helpful to be able to create custom learning paths/prerequisites of the same courses by branch without having to duplicate a course. The ability for individuals to self register and purchase courses doesn't function is a way that we can use it.

3 years ago

Seamlessly facilitating your growth - we like the sound of that, Stephanie and at TalentLMS that's whay we're all about! It's fantastic to see that your learners love using the TalentLMS app and it looks like you've mastered all the features of TalentLMS. Thanks for your valued feedback which we have shared with our team. We're happy that you're happy and we'll keep working hard to keep bringing you an even better experience in the future. Thanks for your review!

Thomas
Data Analyst in Cameroon
E-Learning, 2–10 Employees

The ultimate platform for online knowledge dissemination

Comments: Today, after more than a year of using the TalentLMS platform, I have the duty to underline its multiple advantages that it has offered us in terms of digital training of researchers and employees of some companies in the process of data collection and processing. The platform allows to create and manage efficiently multiform online courses (videogrammed, textual or oral courses). With its three interfaces (administrator, trainer and learner), courses can be set up according to the desired options and uploaded according to the objectives set over time. In addition, the TalentLMS platform has a very well-designed and sophisticated interface in terms of course presentation. TalentLMS allows, thanks to its combination with Gotomeeting or Zoom, to provide very high quality videoconferenced courses. In addition, its combination with Salesforce makes it possible to better manage its courses in online sales.

Pros:

Simple, easy and very practical site to use for online training. It is more flexible and more adapted to professional training models for all categories of targets to be trained.

Cons:

We have not yet found any shortcomings in the use of this site for creating digital courses, although the general criticism of this site is that it does not perform well in terms of customisation.

3 years ago

What a great review Thomas, thank you so much! You really made our day. It is amazing to hear that you find TalentLMS flexible and easy to use thanks to its vast array of features. Knowing that you switched to TalentLMS after having tried CrossKnowledge training Learning Suite because we have advanced customisation possibility is a great reward to us!

Lisa
Relate Coordinator in US
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 11–50 Employees

Great LMS!

Comments: Excellent. Sadly, mid-2021 we switched to a comprehensive Coalition Management System which includes and LMS among other management systems. We are phasing out of TalentLMS and I'm sad! Many features in TalentLMS have spoiled us for other LMS's where features and flexibility are lacking. Our customer support at TalentLMS are phenomenal!

Pros:

TalentLMS is easy to use for learners, instructors, and admin alike. The ability to import not only users to TalentLMS but also to import user changes and assign courses, groups, branches, etc. by import is excellent. The user-interface is top-notch as well. Navigation throughout is smooth and intuitive. Creating course certificates was clunky at first, but compared to other LMS's TalentLMS offers more flexibility. Data and summary graphics are great in TalentLMS, too. A deciding factor for us was also no minimum annual membership. I also must say customer service was great -- both when we had the basic 500-user plan and when we bumped up to the 1000-user plan. Always professional and friendly and knowledgeable.

Cons:

We preferred user registration for courses external to TalentLMS and importing learners as opposed to direct registration by users to a course in TalentLMS. One reason for this was a user creating an account and filling in loads of custom fields only to be told at the end their email/userID already existed in the system. Branches were a bit confusing to learners and others. Certificates being tied to courses without the ability to tie a certificate to a learner was frustrating for us because various learners completing online learning might each have various output for their certificates. We ended up with loads of courses just for the purpose of certificate issuance. Event automation and notifications was somewhat complicated to learn and many an automatic email was sent in error.

2 years ago

Lisa, thank you for taking the time to review TalentLMS. We are glad to read you found the user experience on the platform to be a smooth one. We are sad to see you go due to your company's switch to a CMS, but you can trust that TalentLMS and it's top-notch support team will be here for you if you decide to come back to us!

Computer Networking

TalentLMS is exactly what we've been looking for, but wish we'd found it sooner!

Comments: A simple and affordable solution to our ongoing LMS development challenges.

Pros:

TalentLMS offers all of the features that we created in our own LMS, plus all of the features we planned to implement and lots more. The best parts are the simple setup and configuration, and the ability to quickly switch between different roles; no more individual accounts for a administrator, instructor, and learner. As an instructor, building courses is a doddle. Choosing content types and adding material is streamlined and methodical. There is plenty of content types to choose from, and I particularly like the ability to bundle instructor-led training into a course because this fits our certification model perfectly. Of course, any decent LMS will support SCORM and the xAPI, but TalentLMS goes one further and handles CMI5 packaging and credential handshaking, too. I'm also impressed with the highly configurable gamification settings, which can be tuned to our training market perfectly. Overall I am impressed with the presentation and usability of the platform. There is, of course, plenty of room for improvement and expansion, but for its affordable price we couldn't want for more in an LMS for our start-up.

Cons:

I would like to see more control for language variations. Some of our courses will be provided in multiple languages and it would be great to partition course material by language. We currently use a custom course field to hold a BCP47 language code, but there is little more we can do at the moment to prevent a de-DE user from seeing (by default) content that is for fr-FR, zh-CN, or sl-SI, for example. I would be happy to consult on this request because internationalisation, localisation, and language is my profession. I have found the WordPress API to be lacking in features and customisation. It would be convenient, even in the simplest of terms, to list courses in horizontal tiles instead of a vertical list, which isn't pretty. Lastly, it would be great if TalentLMS could provide access to the catalogue for unregistered users (or people that have not signed in) for a selection of courses or lessons. We offer free courses or free lessons to help advertise the service and attract new instructors and learners, so it would be great if we could pick and choose free courses (or courses/lessons marked as "Taster" sessions) to be accessible by anyone without signing in.

5 years ago

Hello, and thanks for the positive review and comprehensive feedback. We strive to make our LMS as flexible and feature-rich as possible while keeping it affordable and easy to use, so it's exciting to hear we've succeeded! Regarding some of your suggestions, TalentLMS lets you display courses in grid mode (on instructor and learner homepages, and on the course catalog), show an external catalog to non-registered users, and share courses for free through a public URL. Please, feel free to add any other suggestions to our knowledge base or contact our support team to work out a solution. Thanks again!

Mavares
Mavares
Docente Universitario in Colombia

Learning was never closer to the source

Comments: Improve the virtual experience and learning

Pros:

The main educational centers around the world investigate and invest in the development of "virtual" platforms which allow the concept of learning, as well as reach an increasing number of people and organizations. The modern corporations and industries have done the same, to be able to have a presence and reach their consumers quickly and safely. That is why, TalentLMS, allows the healthy management of learning, presenting its users to the big market for quality education, at moderate costs, depending on their needs and without losing the contact of the people who require it, and better, skipping the limitations of distance and time. Another feature is the ease of use, very intuitive for management and very functional, thus creating a course, make presentations, use videos, documents, texts and other formats. But even more, with this platform, you can create tests, follow up detailed and statistical of your students.

Cons:

The current platforms seek to improve and update the interfaces and relationships between them, enriching the experiences with the users, these platforms want to take them to another level, for which, they develop other ways to make the virtual experience, something very close, of this So, if you could elaborate an application that in real time, is able to clarify the doubts and guide the experience, even if it is for the people who start on the platform, then, it would be possible to accelerate the knowledge and mastery of all the advantages. Luckily, the support staff is attentive and tries to respond quickly to the doubts that users may have.

5 years ago

Mavares, hi! We appreciate the thumbs up and the comprehensive feedback. It's true that TalentLMS is a versatile, scalable platform, built to cover the needs of both educational institutions and corporations of any type or size. Furthermore, creating an optimized learning experience that's even more direct and efficient is a constant goal for us. Again, thanks, and we promise to keep improving and innovating!

Bruno
e-Learning developer in Portugal

Most recommended LMS

Comments: The LMS i most love to work with. Simple, fast, organized.

Pros:

Ese of use, fast support, constant innovation, clear interface

Cons:

Reports still need to be more simple to work with. A pré-customization of reports branding would be a plus!

Alternatives Considered: Moodle and SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite

Reasons for Choosing TalentLMS: More simple to use

Switched From: Moodle

Reasons for Switching to TalentLMS: More simple to use, best organized

2 years ago

Thank you very much for your review Bruno! We are very glad you chose TalentLMS after considering many other options! We will share your thoughts on reporting with our development team, thanks!

Andrew
Technical Training & Support Officer in Jamaica
Food Production, 501–1,000 Employees

Achieving corporate training goals with TalentLMS

Comments: Our overall experience with TalentLMS is a good one. The software is very easy to administer, end users are very pleased with the simplicity of the platform and it offers great reporting metrics. Support from the TalentLMS team is usually very prompt and effective.

Pros:

What struck me with TalentLMS was the ease of use of the software literally from the trial phase, setting up and sharing courses as an admin, completing courses as a user and reporting and monitoring user progress. The concurrent active user plan is also a winner for us as we are able to add all employees in the organization without headache and billed only for excess active users per month.

Cons:

I would like to see TalentLMS integrated with our ERP solution so that training completed in TalentLMS will automatically update end user training record in our ERP solution.

2 years ago

Thank you for your review of TalentLMS Andrew! Knowing that you and your users found the platform easy to use and navigate truly made our day!

RAKESH
RAKESH
Chief Executive Officer in India
Management Consulting

It's a great platform and ticks all the boxes for an ideal e-learning platform.

Pros:

I chose TalentLMS after evaluating about a dozen alternatives. More than half of them were ruled out either because they were too expensive without anything to justify the extravagant price or because they required you to fill out a form just to get a product demo and pricing. Among the affordable options, I had to struggle with even the sign-up process with a few and hence they went out of reckoning too. Frustrated, I tried TalentLMS willy nilly because it offered in free plan what some of the marquee names don't even in their pricey plans (e.g. custom domain mapping) and it was so easy to use, I just got drawn deeper and addicted to it in first two days and had no reason to look back. Customer support is among the best I've experienced not just among cloud applications but among all products and service categories I've ever used.

Cons:

I have no control over my content's visibility to SEO. I would have liked to have at least my sample units and courses SEO-optimized. TalentLMS seems to advise us to start a blog in order to promote our courses which is understandable but if it allowed our already-created content to be blogged somehow, that would avoid duplicity of effort. Secondly, I can't export my e-learning content in SCORM-compatible format.

5 years ago

Greetings, Rakesh! We're very excited to hear that you chose TalentLMS over many other learning management solutions. We've made sure our free plan is one of the most feature-rich out there, so that clients can test our product in real training scenarios before upgrading to a paid plan. We¿re also very proud of our support team, so hearing our clients confirm it always brings a smile to our face. Thanks for the love! Don't forget to visit our knowledge base and share your ideas for making TalentLMS better.

Debashish
Manager L&D in India
Computer Software, 201–500 Employees

Great fit to the learning ecosystem

Comments: Talent LMS has been fantastic throughout the tenure we have been using it. The support team is also just a mail away and responds pretty quickly.

Pros:

Very easy to use both as an end-user and administrator. The best thing about this tool is that from a single pageview we can change the persona from being an end-user to an administrator to instructor. This makes the POC for the course and the testing a breeze. Also, custom reports are the most widely used feature for regular progress on courses.

Cons:

Option of mandatory and optional for courses by user should be there.

2 years ago

Debashish, thank you for taking the time to review TalentLMS. It is true that being able to change user role is a nice feature! We are glad to read you are enjoying it. About making course optional or mandatory, maybe you could try creating a learning path. This way it will 'force' your learner to take a particular course before moving to the next one. Here is an article on how to achieve this. We hope it helps! https://help.talentlms.com/hc/en-us/articles/360014658313-How-to-set-up-learning-paths