About Front

Front is more than a communication hub — it’s how 8,000+ companies build lasting business relationships.

Learn more about Front

Pros:

I also enjoy the various integrations with other systems that are available (contacts, calendars, proprietary workflow management systems, etc.).

Cons:

Plugin is a little bit confusing. Sometimes it's hard to differentiate which one is order and subscriptions due to the top down feature and no different color line.

Front ratings

4.5
4.4
4.4
4.2

8.3/10

Front has an overall rating of 4.5 out 5 stars based on 246 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Front before?

Marjolaine
Marjolaine
Co-founder in France
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 Employees

Best email software ever

Comments: We have a shared inbox and we had trouble to avoid double answers and we had to forward the emails to each other or CC them on our replies so they could get informed of a conversation

Pros:

Sharing emails without having to forward them, being able to have internal conversations within an email, plenty of integrations

Cons:

When I need to speak to all the team, I have to create a discussion and add them all, one by one. I'd rather have the possibility to @team within an email or a discussion to make sure they are all included. I also whish we could find a slack inbox where we could find all the channels we have and avoid having to switch between the two softwares.

Felipe
Team Lead TechOps in Brazil
Financial Services, 201-500 Employees

Great Experience with Front

Comments: I love Front. It's a great tool, very easy to implement, teach and use. The communication between teams is great and we can track and talk to our customers in a great way.

Pros:

The interface and how is easy to teammates collaborate and organize conversations with customers.

Cons:

Language only in English Some features were thought exclusive for emails and we use a lot WhatsApp and Chat channels (custom channels) that not might work that great API Rate Limit for custom channels that we always talked that would be our main channel and after purchasing, we discovered this "limitation"

Alternatives Considered: Octadesk, Freshdesk, MessageBird, Movidesk, Intercom and Zendesk Suite

Reasons for Choosing Front: We didn't like Zendesk layout and support

Switched From: Zendesk Suite

Reasons for Switching to Front: Layout, features, support, sales proccess, pricing.

Jamie
Director in UK
Events Services, 2-10 Employees

Great Software!

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Using front has helped us massively to provide even better customer service. Being able to locate and assign emails to team members speeds up the process, and gives us a professional look.

Pros:

The whole package front offer is fantastic. It's easy to use and set up. The rules allow us to assign certain emails to team members, send auto replies and move emails to other inboxes. The templates are great, this saves us time in writing the same type of emails.

Cons:

The app lacks the Calendar feature, so if we're out and about, we're unable to check the calendar.

Director of Customer Success in US

Great Idea in Theory, Terrible Execution

2.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

It's nice for when you are retroactively researching communication with a client because it can pull it all together.

Cons:

It's a disorganized jumble of communication. It's hard to organize and keep track of everything as you're responding to it. Several members of our team find it really overwhelming and unpleasant from a UX perspective.

Kyle
Operations Manager in US
Retail, 11-50 Employees

Perfect tool for Team Collaboration of Emails

Pros:

The ability for our teams to collab on group inboxes. We previously used Gmail and it was a pain for multiple users to access one account and work together.

Cons:

We haven't found many features Front doesn't have. There's one situation where supervisors are unable to fully access team members inboxes due to privacy settings on Fronts side, but it's an understandable short-coming.

Ashley
Ashley
Editor in US
Legal Services, 11-50 Employees

Front is a lifesaver

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

For several years, our administrative team used Front and it improved our internal workflow and customer communications significantly. Now our entire office is using Front and the combination of client and internal emails with internal comments and discussions is indispensable. We have never been so efficient, and I can't imagine work life without Front.

Cons:

When we have an issue, the support team is very responsive. Bugs are addressed quickly and our ideas for improvement are often implemented.

Arthur
Customer Care Manager in New Zealand
Wholesale, 51-200 Employees

Game-Changer

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: This product caused me to uninstall outlook from my computer. Efficient, easy to use product with great tools that are huge timesavers.

Pros:

Delegation of emails in the inbox. Snoozing orders to reopen when they need to be dispatched. Merging multiple emails when silly people reply to an email by using a new thread or merging order confirmation emails with customer queries.

Cons:

Inability to track statistics with Power Bi - there is a limit on the API. You pay by plan not by usage. The calendar doesn't have a scheduling assistant like Outlook does.

Solène
Jurist in France
Law Practice, 2-10 Employees

Use of Front

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Front has become an absolute essential to my work and my co-workers' work. It is to the point that it has surpassed other mail tools such as Gmail. It is a perfect mix between Gmail, Messenger and Dropbox. Likewise, it is very simple to use, and it has a real added value : it enables us, as a team work, to chat in real time and to share files very quickly and in a very organized manner. I truly believe I will definitely have a hard time doing without Front in my next jobs.

Pros:

Cons:

I have nothing to dislike about this software, except for the fact that I had difficulties in the beginning to correctly see my number of emails in my Inbox.

Gloria
Program Manager in Netherlands
Logistics & Supply Chain, 501-1,000 Employees

Front Review

4.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Overall I've had a nice experience with Front. Previously I used Zedesk to manage incoming emails with my team and the functionalities are very similar. Perhaps Front design is more appealing and seems more like a gmail/outlook email inbox.

Pros:

- Assigning emails to coworkers- Dividing work between colleagues- Delegating tasks- Organising work in a cross-functional team

Cons:

- As an admin user, tracking the performance of the team is not practical and we still need to do it outside the platform. It would be good to apply more filters and functionalities for the tracking part. For instance, I'm trying to understand the SLA of the team when replying to messages, but the data is inaccurate because it also calculates when there's a reply again to the message

Software Engineer in India
Computer Software, 10,000+ Employees

#1 customer communication unified hub for managing all types of conversations

5.0 last month New

Comments: The overall experience was excellent, and it definitely provided value to my problems.

Pros:

I like the most that I can easily connect different communication channels like email, SMS, WhatsApp, etc. I was easily able to share knowledge and collaborate with my team in real-time, especially when the issue was for a critical issue raised by a high-paying customer. I was able to get a complete birds-eye view for all the information relevant with the customers like what was the message, details of ticket, which person from my team addressed it. It brings transparency in the entire team, and addresses the needs of my business.

Cons:

I did not like their chat bot for Front relevant issues was not accurate, and it took me a lot of steps just to connect with a real human for clarifying my doubts.

Ari
CTO in US
Legal Services, 51-200 Employees

Shared Email Tracking without the need for tickets

Comments: We had extremely too much email for an Outlook mailbox to handle, no SMS integration nor chat functionality. We solved all of that with Front. Now all of our communications are in one place for ease of use and management.

Pros:

Front allows multiple teams within my company to manage massive amounts of email in shared mailboxes, meet or exceed customer SLAs and seamlessly integrate our communications with our management systems. We also like that we get all of the same functionality of email ticket tracking, but without the need for communicating the standard ticket responses and ids to our customers. It allows for a more personal engagement with our clients.

Cons:

Our teams took sometime to get used to the new interface as it was difficult to pry Outlook out of their hands. However, once they got the hang of Front they loved the integration and tracking abilities that Outlook does not have.

Alternatives Considered: Salesforce Sales Cloud and Zendesk Suite

Reasons for Choosing Front: We had extremely too much email for an Outlook mailbox to handle, no SMS integration nor chat functionality.

Reasons for Switching to Front: We liked the email integration of front wherein ticket ids and perfunctory auto responses were not required, but we still got all the same functionality of other email / ticket tracking systems.

Justin
Sales Engineer in US

Communication Between Departments and Easy Automation

Comments: Experience with Front App has been great. All the way from Pre-Sales, Implementation, Deployment, and ongoing support.

Pros:

The ability to simply @mention someone in an email thread helped smooth out efficiency with our external communications. Before using FrontApp, we would either have to forward email threads or link to email threads in Slack. Now, if our teams need assistance from other departments, they can use an @mention to give immediate context to the helping party. Creating Rules using conditions is a breeze and is powerful using their rules editor.

Cons:

Some of the "Comment" features were lacking--rich text formatting needed to be in markdown format, no pinned comments, closing edited comments. That being said, they had a recent update that completely addressed all those issues.

Alternatives Considered: Zendesk Suite

Reasons for Switching to Front: We really did not enjoy the "type over this line" experience that Zendesk presented to our customers. We're humans and we wanted to make sure that we could preserve that in our customer interactions. It also helped that the User Interface and set up of Front was intuitive.

Celeste
Experience Specialist in US
Real Estate, 11-50 Employees

Front Is a Team-Saver

Pros:

My team uses Front to save face. We can send and see emails from our team address in one place easily. When one team member is out sick, we can easily find that thread and pick up without missing a beat. I also love that we can share threads without showing the recipient all of our personal email addresses by using the chat function and the tagging function. This helps us keep all the incoming emails going into the preferred email channel since we don't have to share our personal address to prospects or clients.

Cons:

I do not have a con that I can think of.

Alternatives Considered: Calendly

Reasons for Switching to Front: We chose Front over Calendly because it solved our initial problem of scheduling, as well as another problem we didn't know we had — consistent communication.

Ollie
Director in UK
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees

Vital Software

Comments: No more missed messages, lots of time saved by not having to jump into different channels. It was very simple to set up too (also tried Zendesk which was too complicated by comparison)

Pros:

How it brings all the channels in to one place. No more jumping between Gmail tabs, Whatsapp Web tabs, SMS on a phone (!), Facebook messenger tab. It all comes into one place. Being able to link to conversations is very useful too, as is the option to share and comment on emails - no more CCing between team members.

Cons:

Nothing I don't like, but more integrations (in particular monday.com) would be great.

Alternatives Considered: Zendesk Suite

Reasons for Switching to Front: It was far simpler to use, support got back to us right away (when Zendesk didn't) and did everything we wanted for a reasonable price.

Derek
Business Director in US
Logistics & Supply Chain, 11-50 Employees

Front ~ Showing You What Email Can Really Do

Comments: Overall my experience with Front has been very great. In terms of many vendors we deal with our company, Front is at the top. They are their because they are truly relationship minded and that is hard to find in companies. Especially companies in the field of technology. Our company is truly thankful for Front and value their company and employees. You truly get a great experience from their product to their people, and that says a lot about a company.

Pros:

I believe the product is very easy to use. Especially for someone that is on a computer daily for work, this product is very streamline and functional in terms of being user friendly. The admin needs to have some tech savy to them to operate and set up, but truly that was not anything difficult. For a company that time is truly our job we need to be on par with everything that is going on. With Front that dream is possible as we can all be on one email communicating with their Comment function and never have to email out. This prevents any miss communication or double communication. Efficiency is taken to an all time high. With other email platforms you can't have all your company on one email, other than outlook I believe, but it still fails to compare to the functions and ease of Front. Especially that no one misses out on an email if someone does archive it. Sense Front saves a personal file for you! Truly they mind and soul for this product was truly to help productivity, efficiency and the customer experience which birth Front.

Cons:

It is hard to really give it a straight con, as it is a growing software and just in the yearish we have used them I have seen it grown so fast. It would be wrong to brand it cons but more so improvements that are on its way. I didn't realize this truly at the start till Front personally reaches out and gets to know you and you to them. A improvement I see growing is the support line. Depending on the nature of your business you need this more so than others in a more timely manner. Our company being time based we need things fixed fast to provide our job. Front does the best to their availability to do this, but its still a growing improvement. I know I am not going to get someone in five minutes, but for sure within the hour and once then I will be able to get immediate help till the solution is at hand. Another improvement is their reports. Due to the nature of our business this has helped us out a lot but with all the variables we have it is hard to get a true accurate report. It has base functions that will help any company, but for diving into even finer details its not there...yet. Least to say I would die on a hill to say there are truly no cons, but truly just improvements I see coming and know they are continuing to work on. You can't hop in a car without knowing how to drive and expect to drive. Takes time to master anything, but you see how you can't live without once you learn a little about it.

Laurens
Laurens
Backoffice employee in Netherlands
Consumer Electronics, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Front, a must need in your business!

Comments: I strongly recommend using Front. Not only is the program / email-client very good, but the employees at Front are also equally capable. Through the e-mails they send and the experience I've had with their customer service, I noticed they really care about their program and what the consumer thinks of it. If you have any questions, they will answer it properly. If you have any suggestions, they will sincerely think about it. Front has impacted my work, by making my work easily manageable. I can clearly see incoming e-mails being divided into different inboxes. Everyone can have different rights, so not everyone can see how cases are handled. Furthermore I can easily search my sent e-mails, even by using formula's such as ‘from:’ or ‘to:’, which makes searching older conversations or e-mails for bigger cases very easy. This can be very though in other e-mail clients. I can conclude that my overall experience with Front is very good!

Pros:

I like how everything is organized and therefore is easy to see. I can clearly see the divided inboxes on the left, making it easy to see how much work still needs to be done. Also, the e-mail conversations itself are shown like they are in e.g. iMessage or Whatsapp. This feels really familiar and makes it easy to read really long conversations. Moreover, there are many settings, which can make the difference for various different users. For example, I use the 'Paste as text' setting, so everything I paste is stripped of its formatting. I know some of my colleagues dislike this, but I love it. Furthermore, shortcuts are easy to learn and this makes it possible to work even faster. Overall, I think Front feels very intuitive, it is easy to learn, and makes e-mailing a lot easier.

Cons:

At the moment, there is but 1 thing I dislike. When you’ve just sent a new e-mail, it takes a while to show up in the ‘sent’ folder. We used to be able to see that immediately. Because of the way we work, we copy and paste the text of the sent e-mail in our other systems. This delay, especially when one sends many e-mails, is particularly annoying. This is the only minor thing I think can be improved.

Treavor
Sales/Marketing Manager in US
Furniture, 2-10 Employees

1-Year Review

Comments: Using Front has truly allowed me to take charge of my inbox! It has helped us communicate better between workers, as well as work more efficiently as a team to get the work done. Everything is open and available between each of us, so we can help each other and maximize the talents of one another in responding to the needs of our clients.

Pros:

After a full year of using Front, the thing I find the most useful is the ease and efficiency of sorting and prioritizing my daily email. The ability to snooze, assign to another individual, or add quick notes about the email, along with the ability for others to see who is working on a reply, has made our efforts so much more efficient! Everything runs seamlessly and it has become second nature, very quickly.

Cons:

There are still a few "glitches" when it comes to opening certain attachments, but I think that is always the issue with any email program. The only other issue is with the mobile app - it takes a few extra steps to modify email recipients, but it isn't that often that this has to happen.

Shelby
Senior Operations Specialist in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Front is the best customer service management & email integration tool I have ever used!

Comments: I love Front! It breaks my heart that Convoy is terminating our contact soon. We have started to development our own (very basic) email platform but it is a long way away from the standard my team is now accustomed to, based on our positive experience using Front the last two years.

Pros:

I love Front's ability to display who on an email chain has read our last response (revolutionary!) & the ease at which my team can comment back and forth and converse with each other, all while hidden from our customers in the email thread. Email tagging, inbox splitting, & the infinite number of archiving and email redirection rules we can put in place keeps my team organized (& myself sane!)-- as a company that receives tens of thousands of emails a day, Front allows my operations team to truly battle the "Front lines" of customer communication.

Cons:

The biggest issue we deal with is Front's occasional latency. In an industry where fast is better than perfect, the last thing my team needs is Front to be lagging or down. We have a huge backlog of archived emails (Front also acts as customer documentation platform for us) so searching information can be super tedious if the platform doesn't load or crashes. My team works to urgently solve problems and every second counts, so we cannot risk even a minute of latency.

SDR Manager in India

Front is amazing tool to manage your email

Comments: It's amazing overall. We saw email managed properly. Being a part of sales team email tracking is a bliss as it increases our productivity

Pros:

Frot is amazing. The best feature is email tracking through which you can get the read receipt of the email. Also, the tagging feature is good and helpful where you can tag or assign your teammates on the email

Cons:

The user interface is a bit complicated and difficult to use for the new user. Also, the mobile app tends to go slow sometime. Rest all is good

Donald
Donald
Customer Service Volunteer in US

Great for our case tracking needs

Comments: Front makes it easy to use email as a primary mode of communication with customers. It’s very easy to sort and reassign cases, have internal discussions on cases, and quickly respond to and close some cases using canned responses.

Pros:

Cases are created directly from new emails that come in. For customers, it’s as easy as sending emails back and forth with us, but as agents using Front, we get so much more functionality. Things like canned responses, automatic case sorting and assigning, internal threaded discussions on individual cases, and integrations with third-party tools make Front almost the perfect choice for what we were looking for.

Cons:

As a user and not an admin, I am not exposed to the full extent of Front’s capabilities, but I am completely satisfied with what I do use. The only issue I’ve had thus far is when I use a canned response it contains three different fonts and just looks odd. This is only evident in the iPad app, but from Desktop they look fine. This was an issue in the way the canned response was created, and while even as a user I do have the ability to fix it, my first attempt failed. This may just be a training issue and I haven’t reached out to Front with help on it yet, but I know if and when I do I will receive excellent service based on others’ interactions with Front’s customer service.

Sione
Customer Success Manager in US
Higher Education, 11-50 Employees

Front Review

Comments: Overall, it's been a great experience with Front. I appreciate the regular communication made by the Front team via email or update notices within the app.

Pros:

Front is a great option for teams that work closely with/share the same clients. That's our primary reason for purchasing Front, the ability to tag teammates on emails and have dialogue about situations, how to respond to a particular email, etc. I also love the UI, to me it's much more clean and open in comparison to gmail, what we used before Front.

Cons:

From day 1 I've wanted to see development of folders for organizational purposes when archiving emails (not a fan of pinning, but I understand others may love it). I've also hoped for most robust developments with sequencing, it's stay pretty much the same since I started using the feature a few years ago.

Controller in US
Accounting, 201-500 Employees

Best app if you work as a team

Comments: It's very good app

Pros:

I simply love this app, even though I don't like it at first, now I love it. You can assign the email to relevant team members. So no ball drops between two players.

Cons:

It's a little confusing to start but soon you will love it.

Stefanos
Business Operations Assistant in Greece

Excellent tool for a team that has a number of email accounts!

Comments: Centralized mail management was the main reason for choosing Front. It is a great tool indeed.

Pros:

Front if used correctly can be a powerful service. We use it for our company. Everyone has access to Front with their personal account (after they get invited) and they can manage themselves which inboxes to receive emails from. The main features that I see are the following: - User friendly interface - Customization - Excellent support All in all I would recommend it for anyone searching for such a service. We are very pleased so far.

Cons:

Front hasn't got many things going the wrong way. If I should say something that would be that at first glance it might be a bit too much and intimidating to have all those inboxes and emails coming in but after you find your way around Front you realize that it was just wedding jitters! Everything turns out fine in the end :)

Senior Editor in US
Internet, 51-200 Employees

Making Working Remotely Easier

Pros:

I work remotely, as does the rest of the team I belong to, and using Front to coordinate client emails is essential to presenting a united front in terms of responses and feedback. The ability to tag, comment and reassign is especially helpful in providing clients with a consistent and uniform voice when answering.

Cons:

If I had something that I like least about Front, it is the problems that can arise from someone re-opening an already archived email. It can cause the email to show up in the inbox of the individual who archived it and nothing can be done with it, and it is a pain to make it re-archive.

Front Response

4 years ago

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to review Front! We are so pleased to hear how we've made your job easier. And thank you for the constructive feedback on archive. Our product development team is continuously working on improvements there.

Head of Customer Support in US

Front offers unsurpassed visibility between customers and your support staff.

Comments: This software is the only command center for support that you need to fully engage with customers.

Pros:

Front allows my support team to fully engage with customers and each other across platforms all within Front. We're able to see the Tweet that customer sent and if they sent multiple emails about an issue. It allows us to give their time the highest value and the highest productivity for ourselves.

Cons:

Their pricing structure is limiting with cost per user and price hikes for additional features that would benefit the platform and experience for every user. Their support staff can also be slower to respond than would be expected for a support platform.