15 years helping Irish businesses

About Thinkific

Empower your teaching with Thinkific, the leading platform for creating and selling engaging online courses.

Learn more about Thinkific

Pros:

Don't change the price, it's one of your best market differentiators. I switched to Thinkific for the Pro Growth plan which was the key difference for me from other providers like Matrix.

Cons:

For the plan I am on it is a shame there certificate functionality is not available.

Thinkific ratings

4.3

7.9/10

Thinkific has an overall rating of 4.4 out 5 stars based on 179 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Thinkific before?

Dani
Dani
CEO in Chile
Financial Services, 2–10 Employees

The best online course platform for those who are starting out.

Comments: Excellent, it has helped us get more clients and earn more money without having to set up a website from scratch.

Pros:

The number of options available and the affordable price.

Cons:

Poor HTML editor. I hope they can improve this.

Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Fills a gap in this space with enthusiasm!

Comments: Blackboard Course sites, Moodle, and Instructure Canvas are great products, but you have to invest in additional solutions to collect payments, etc. for selling the online courses. Thinkific does all this in 1 system with more options for site design than the big education players do. Some of the features could be more well-thought-out, but for a non-LMS company, it is incredibly easy to set up and allows you to design instructional sound materials.

Pros:

I liked that you could design the access portal, the courses, and the payment methods all in 1 interface without any needs for additional products. I particularly enjoy how easy it is to set the courses up if you have your curriculum designed.

Cons:

I wish there was an option to be able to have access to all the course features without fees. We are a startup and just are not in a position to charge for courses yet, meaning this would be a huge investment for us that we are not willing to make. It would be great if you could get a 6month burn-in period to test and market before going live.

A.
Managing Director in US
Think Tanks, Self Employed

Not easy to use - don't spend money on this

1.0 2 months ago New

Comments: I am very disappointed and out $1800 to boot. They refuse to process a refund although after lots of attempts I was never able to publish a course. I tried and tried to get online help but it's hidden behind chat bots. If you do manage to get someone on the phone, you only get 15 minutes and they kick you off and you have to rebook more time! This could be the following day. So you can't get a cohesive amount of time to actually learn how to use the product. Only software experts or those willing to invest full time in figuring out this nuanced offering should bother. It is NOT easy to use as advertised. Far from it.

Pros:

No pros. Incredibly difficult to use and impossible to get human help.

Cons:

This product is incredibly difficult to use. You don't realize it until you've already signed up and they won't process your refund. AVOID unless you want to devote full-time effort to figuring this coursework out. It's also very hard to reach a human being to get assistance.

Pamela
Pamela
President in US
Entertainment, Self Employed

This is where I have my courses

Comments: Anytime I have a problem their tech support is great. And I haven't had any tech problems with the platform - my students are happy and use it easily.

Pros:

When I was researching all the different software for course hosting, I liked that this had a place to upload documents in the discussions. That might be really important for people teaching code or other products. Then I'm glad I choose this one because others take a % of income AND you have to wait longer for money.

Cons:

The layout isn't as clean and modern as others - I'm hoping that will be updated at some point. It's a little ugly.

Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Great Course Platform

Comments: Thinkific is much better than trying to remember to share Google Drive links with people to watch courses. It also looks much more professional.

Pros:

Thinkfic integrates well with CRM systems which is so important to manage leads and data. It works well with Zapier as well which gives numerous possibilities.

Cons:

I wish some things were a bit more clear. It provides the ability to have courses that renew or memberships but doesn't do great on the backend of highlighting pros and cons of each.

Keenan
Engineer in US
Computer Software, Self Employed

Terrible Experience - DO NOT USE

Comments: Absolutely terrible. They bait and switched me to take my initial month's fee. Let me launch my course, then deactivated my course without warning. Had to really look bad in front of my students and wasted a bunch of time and money. DO NOT USE!

Pros:

My experience getting onboarded onto the product looked great and was easy. I am getting ready to sell a digital course and Thinkific checked all the boxes. Setting up a course and landing page was simple enough on the free trial. Eventually, I upgraded to the paid version so that I could offer coupon codes as well.

Cons:

I had everything ready to go on my course. All my content was uploaded and the landing page was set. I got ready to offer pre-sales for my course to gauge interest and check my pricing (which is a standard practice in the course world). I sent an email to my mailing list with the link to the course landing page and things started off well. A few people started to pre-order then... after an hour it just stopped. I started getting emails from people that the link to my course was broken. I tried to login into the site and I could not. Trying to recover my password didn't work. It was as if my site had been deleted with no notice. I tried to chat with support, but was directed to an AI bot that was useless and even though I was a paying customer, the phone support refused to help me because I could not login to my account. I had to send an email to someone which took several days to respond that apparently my account was suspended for "risk" whatever that means and that I would no longer be able to use the site. They could not explain what that meant and didn't seem to care.

Joane
CEO and Brand Strategist in Australia
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

A simple solution for course creators!

Comments: My overall experience was great with Thinkific and our students loved using the platform. The Admin side was pretty easy to navigate but I just wanted a bit more when it came to the design features.

Pros:

I liked the ease of Thinkific the most. It was super easy to upload videos, add files, write course curriculum and design a landing page for the course.

Cons:

What I like least is the ability to make the sales page exactly how you want it... Thinkific (at the time when I used it) had a very limited design feature, so I was very restricted with the way everything looked. I also felt the pricing was bit high for what you get...these days there are all-in-one solution platforms that offers everything that Thinkific offers for much less than the monthly cost.

Joe
Joe
VP of Marketing & International Business Development in Thailand
Financial Services, 2–10 Employees

The Best Online Course Creator

Comments: We started with an idea to help colleagues and turned it into a course. Thinkific allowed us to get our idea out of our heads and into reality, and a usable product people could buy & use.

Pros:

Thinkific made it easy to create & host our digital course for financial advisors. With any platform there is a learning curve at the beginning. Thinkific's support team was always quick to reply and help us learn the ropes.

Cons:

I don't really have any complaints. It would be nice if the WYSIWYG editor were as good as Apple Pages, and turned out prettier text layouts in the templates. But, it's good enough.

Jeremy
Jeremy
Creative Lead in Canada
Media Production, 2–10 Employees

Fun and Flexible Course Platform

Comments: I found Thinkific to be very satisfying. I had everything I needed to launch a single course on the free plan (one free single course), but I was looking for a fully-integrate funnel solution, so I went with a competitor that had that feature. But this will be very good for most users.

Pros:

It is very easy to get up and running with Thinkific. The course templates are a breeze to edit; users can easily see how to add and edit content, and the presentation is slick and professional.

Cons:

Thinkific does not have an integrated email marketing feature, but users can connect MailChimp, et al., with Zapier. The design templates look okay until the user starts to change fonts and adds more content, then they start to look like a Wordpress template. Not bad, but not slick.

Thomas
Director in UK
Online Media, 2–10 Employees

Courses Done Right

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

I created my first course with Thinkific. The admin dashboard is a low learning curve. You will be up and running in no time. It's improved over time.

Cons:

More control to move blocks about would be nice. And more insight at sales dashboard.

Steph
Yoga Teacher in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Employees

Awful customer support, slow page load speed and terrible for SEO

Comments: I got the plus plan so that I have a "dedicated rep" who is almost always out of the office. Whenever I contact customer support because of a problem, which is several times a day, they "can't duplicate the issue" so they don't have a solution. The page load speed fails every test. When I contacted them for support on this issue, they recommend I have the site redesigned by a professional who could help with page load speed. I hired one of their "experts" to redesign the site, and her design does not look or feel any better than mine and also did not help with the page load speed so I'm out $40k for no reason.

Pros:

I like that it is easy to use, it's easy to upload your course material and publish your course.

Cons:

My main issues with thinkific include very slow page load speed (which kills SEO rankings), dysfunction in the assignment feature (specifically, when clicking "next page" on the assignments, it takes you back to page 1 and you have to start all over), inability to edit a course landing page (my course has been published for 4 years and the URL is out in google so I don't want to recreate and for some reason we can no longer edit the page at all), and problems with user experience (students not being able to load a page, etc)

Korinne
Founder in Guernsey
Education Management, 2–10 Employees

Customer Service Very Disappointing

Comments: Very frustrating! Not a customer-friendly service. While they are friendly and say they hope you are having a nice day, they do not answer questions (or apparently read email chains). There is no support for European customers I fed this back to them when I first signed up around 2 years ago and nothing has changed. I have given them all of the feed back given here but they do not take any action. Waiting at least a day for an answer is totally unacceptable. What makes it even more frustrating is that, after waiting for a reply, they ask for information that was already included in your original email (and then you have to wait another day for a response). It just seems as though they work at their convenience, not the customer's. And yet they are happy to take the subscriptions when they are not providing an adequate service.

Pros:

I was so excited to find this product and thought it would be ideal for my needs

Cons:

The software is not user-friendly. I was hoping that it would be more straightforward and my staff have also commented that is it not user-friendly. There is nobody to call when you have a query and can only email. It takes them a day to get back to you. And we are based in the UK and with the time difference, we have to wait at least a day for an answer. What makes it even more frustrating is that, after waiting for a reply, they ask for information that was already included in your original email (and then you have to wait another day for a response). I sent a query on Monday asking how to do something and the reply said 'see instructions below' and there were no instructions there. In the same email, they asked me to confirm the email address (which I had emailed them on and they had clearly not tried this). I responded right away and just got an email asking how they could help me! (They clearly had not read the email chain). It is now 9pm at night on Tuesday and will be at least Wednesday afternoon with the time difference until I may get a reply and actually proceed.

Alex
Director in UK
E-Learning, 51–200 Employees

Only use if you never want to close account

Comments: Ended very badly, we are having our reputation damaged

Pros:

Easy to set up. Seems reasonably priced

Cons:

Only use if you never (and I mean never) want to close accountI have been trying to close our thinkific account for a year, it is impossible! It will let you downgrade to a free account but there you are stuck! You might think, that’s ok, they’re now charging you. Well, the problem is that every time you disable a course another one is reactivated. I have just had to refund a load of learners who have managed to sign up and pay for courses that we no longer run.. Not good for business!!!! There are other, better and more cost effective platforms out there.Impossible to speak to a person, Help pages are a joke

Dan
Dan
Senior Training Program Manager in US
Marketing & Advertising, 201–500 Employees

Good for small, basic needs

Comments: Value for the money, attractive front end with little effort.

Pros:

The way Thinkific presents content, from landing page to course completion page, is beautiful and appealing to the user. There are ample ways to connect with the user through various integrations if desired. It's also useful that you can customize the branding and even your own site theme if you have the available resources to do so! After switching from a sub-par LMS, our users are more engaged and more excited about signing in to consume our courses.

Cons:

Reporting leaves much to be desired - best count on using Zapier to pull data into a 3rd party for analyzing user progress and completion rates. It's also frustrating that I have to wait for some reports to be emailed to me after requesting them. Perhaps the most frustrating part is that the front-end is designed using Liquid, which is difficult for a novice with basic CSS / HTML knowledge to navigate in order to make small text changes across the site.

Valamere
Instructional Technology & Design Consultant in US
E-Learning, 2–10 Employees

Think Simple Online Course Creation

Pros:

I like Thinkific because it offers a simplified way to create, market, and sell online courses all in one platform. Thinkific have many content creation resources to design multimedia online courses or trainings. For example, there's an intuitive drag and drop feature that allows you to create classes, videos, and other digital tools for content with easy placement onto the platform. What makes this platform unique is the Thinkific Academy that is full of resources to walk you through creating, marketing, and selling your content, especially if you are new to this concept. What is great about Thinkific is the ability to customize and brand your online platform using low code development.

Cons:

Although the interface is simple with a basic look and the ability to use low code development to customize the layout, it does not offer flexibility in making changes to fit your brand. Also, if you are not skilled in frontend development the visual elements of the platform, you will have to pay for additional fees.

Katie
owner in US
Religious Institutions, Self Employed

Love it!

Comments: I got leads into students who enjoyed this platform. I really loved setting up courses and I think this is a great product.

Pros:

I really like how easy this system is; they have done a lot to make their platform easy to use. The free plan is good. Pro's: Easy to use & navigate Helpful tutorials Helpful webinars and manuals to help you get the most and market your courses Clean crisp look Responsive for mobile, tablet, and pc's

Cons:

Pricing for me was the only con; I had purchased a lifetime subscription to another course building platform and decided to switch to that otherwise i'd still be using thinkific.

Julie
Owner in US
Hospital & Health Care, 2–10 Employees

Incredible course creation platform!

Comments: A++

Pros:

I love using Thinkific and wish I'd found it sooner! If I have any questions, their customer service response is outstanding and they even follow up with an email covering the details discussed. The training videos and course guidelines are so helpful. It's so easy to make edits and update course content any time. Stripe is a good company that allows us to sell courses in many other countries, bonus! I'm not tech savy so this program fit like a glove. Thank you so much for your committment to helping others by creating an incredibly user friendly and highly functional program.

Cons:

I would like to be able to add a course instructors signature to the certificates and better options in the certificate blocks.

Sunraj
Director - Operations in India
Religious Institutions, 11–50 Employees

An all round course conducting platform

Comments: My experience has been fantastic to be honest and I intend to continue using it further.

Pros:

It negates the need to spends thousands of dollars for a LMS website. You really don't need to be a software literate to build this and start using it on the go.

Cons:

The users should be trained on how they can land their websites on Search Engines. Even a small fee will be justified, but training will help take this further. Also, more Payment Gateway options should be made available directly and not through Zapier.

Susan
Spending Plan Trainer in US
Financial Services, Self Employed

The answer to my prayers! Needed a home for a free flagship course. Thinkific has a free version!

Comments: I was able to easily launch a free flagship course. It enabled me to provide a needed service to students without having to charge them by giving me the option to host the course at no cost.

Pros:

I searched and searched for an affordable way to host my free Fearless Budgeting training program for compulsive spenders. I tried a couple of sites before launching, but they all had problems and were difficult to use. When I found the free plan on Thinkific, I was blown away. It was so easy to set up and everything just flowed. I had one issue with the sort order of multiple download files. Customer service was great and helped me figure out how to sort them properly within a couple of hours. It was incredibly easy to set up the two courses (total of 50 lessons) and two additional products. My products and courses look professional. Oh, and I love the student discussion forum, which I've used to let students know about an update to one of the courses and an upcoming Q&A call. Plus, I was able to easily integrate my mailing list into the program. I couldn't be happier with the service and support. I heartily recommend Thinkific. For me, it blows away the competition!

Cons:

Nothing. Not one thing. It's perfect for my needs. The fact is, I'm amazed at all the features I get with the free option. It's working out great for me and my students.

Paula
Administrator in US
Retail, 2–10 Employees

Thinkific

Comments: Thinkific is very useful for selling your learning courses.

Pros:

What I liked most about Thinkific was that it was very easy to use and great training material and different price options according to your budget.

Cons:

If we are being honest, so far I am very satisfied with this platform so I don't have any complaints.

Arts & Crafts, Self Employed

It's not my favourite platform for courses

Comments: I used it with one client and I can see high-end sellers using this program, but it's still not my favourite.

Pros:

I like that it has a lot of features, but the way the arranged them is not easy to use The homepage is more customizable than other programs

Cons:

I don't like Thinkific for some reason the design is not appealing to me what so ever... I wish it was because some of my clients prefer this program over others.

Shane
Dog Trainer and Behaviourist in UK
Professional Training & Coaching, Self Employed

A great platform for the less technical

Comments: A really great platform that is easy to tailor to my business needs. Where I was unable to make a change to the system defaults, the customer service team made them with out any issues.

Pros:

Very easy to use and has excellent customer support

Jonathan
Jonathan
Co-Founder in US

Great for Online Courses

Comments: I can easily and quickly get my online courses up and running and sell them easily to my students and corporate clients.

Pros:

I LOVE all the features Thinkific has to support my online course. Completion certificates? Check. Achievements? Check. SINGLE SIGN ON FOR WHEN I SELL TO CORPORATE CLIENTS? CHECK! But really, the feature list is pretty long and extensive. And the price is pretty good compared to other platforms. Now, Thinkific won't host all your marketing needs, but it will nail your online course, and I'm a big fan of that. They also offer GREAT webinars and opportunities for professional development, which I really appreciate. I really do feel like they want me to succeed.

Cons:

I wish there were more options for how my course pages are laid out. It's pretty much all standardized with the course online on the left of the page and the content on the left. That course outline is ALWAYS there. Now, that might be really handy for students, but I wish I had some options and maybe could make things a little prettier. (It's not ugly or anything, I just would like another option or two to choose from)

Entin
Content Creator in Canada
Apparel & Fashion, 2–10 Employees

Not as I expected

Comments: Dissapointed

Pros:

Branded and look profesional, easy to use for startup

Cons:

All the suscribtion not allowed another admin , I can’t invite freelancer to do the job. And the suscription exeoensive to allow another admin, compare to other platform thinkific is expensive with less feature

Kingsley
Project Manager in UK
E-Learning, 2–10 Employees

Great service

Comments: My overall experience with Thinkific has been fantastic and it is currently the cornerstone of our e-learning delivery.

Pros:

Thinkific is so easy to set-up and has a wealth of customisation options. I like being able to rely on the platform to provide a good experience for users, even at scale.

Cons:

It is sometimes incompatible for users of older browsers.