15 years helping Irish businesses

About Talkdesk

Talkdesk is intuitive, cloud-based contact center software with advanced features, comprehensive reporting and seamless integrations.

Learn more about Talkdesk

Pros:

Simple to use and their support team is amazing.

Cons:

Sometimes I have problems with the App so I have to use it through the website, or it is very slow and I cannot answer a call in time.

Talkdesk ratings

4.7
4.6
4.4
4.5

8.7/10

Talkdesk has an overall rating of 4.5 out 5 stars based on 724 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Talkdesk before?

Saskia
Saskia
Senior Director Sales Marketing in US
Restaurants, 10,000+ Employees

It's easy to get in touch with Talkdesk's helpful staff

Comments: The marketing, sales , and financial industries all make use of the name "Talkdesk." In an effort to improve sales response time and activity transparency, it has been deployed extensively, with extremely varied results. The dialogue with a prospect may be timed and measured correctly, and CRM automation can begin immediately. Our marketing team now has much more time on their hands, and we have no plans to return to our previous, ineffective VOIP for business campaign.

Pros:

To function properly , Talkdesk needs access to a stable internet connection; when agents do, the app has shown to be dependable. It's easy to use and fits perfectly with Salesforce's current workflow thanks to the buttons. There have been a few hiccups with the integration, but they were all rather easy to fix. I give the registrar a perfect score of 10 since it is the most user-friendly and representative example of its sort that I have seen. The contact center's necessary tab for updates is nothing special, though. It's not well defined, the agents don't seem to care about the voicemail part, and it may be the best option.

Cons:

When an adviser receives an error response in a video conversation, the reason the number was ineffective may not be immediately apparent. Even while the number of tales has expanded, the capacity to produce stories by telephone is sluggish, clunky, and complicated. In order to view voicemails and missed calls, the identification needs an accessible tab. Although I understand that the minimalistic nature of a GPS display was intentional, having this information shown would be quite helpful.

Kallen
Director of Customer Support in US
Education Management, 501–1,000 Employees

Talkdesk: The perfect tool for your support team!

Comments: It has been an awesome experience using Talkdesk. This software has allowed us to grow and has supported us at every step. Additionally, their CX team is outstanding and very supportive.

Pros:

This software is incredibly easy to use. Agents learn to use this tool in a matter of moments. Additionally, the Studio for IVR allows incredible flexibility in our IVR. This has made it easier for client to get to the correct team and helped to improve their overall satisfaction.

Cons:

The Reports. Talkdesk recently launched Explore which houses all the reports in one location but it is still really hard to know which report to run. Once you find your desired report, you need to pull it out to excel or google sheets to manipulate the data and build any kind of visual. However, most of the data you want can be found in these reports.

Reasons for Choosing Talkdesk: We needed more features at the right price

Switched From: 8x8 Work

Reasons for Switching to Talkdesk: Talkdesk had all the needed features (IVR, Recording, Monitoring call, real time report) and was the right price.

Zameer
Recruiter in US
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Can be great but it's decent.

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: It's decent if the network wasn't as wacky I'd say it's amazing.

Pros:

I love that it's easy to use and the UI it great to navigate.

Cons:

There's many service interruptions, when calling is a big part of sales you don't want that.

Tyson
Team Lead, Support in US
Marketing & Advertising, 201–500 Employees

Sleek Product for Small Start-Ups

Pros:

Talkdesk is a very easy and intuitive product to figure out, both on the front and back end. If you come across any issues, their support team is always quick and thorough with their responses.

Cons:

One of my biggest obstacles with TalkDesk is the reporting functionality. While I feel the front end is great, the back end reporting is sort of all over the place. Many of the reports need to be sent, rather than viewed in the browser. If they made the reporting as intuitive as the call interface, this product would be stellar!

Liam
CMO in UK
Automotive, 51–200 Employees

Talkdesk is customers

5.0 last month New

Comments: Talkdesk really saved us with our phone customer support. As long as you have a good internet connection everything works good without any issues.

Pros:

App deployment was very easy and support was very fast and helpful when needed help. All my colleague learned fast to use the system due its intuitive build.

Cons:

No mentionable cons for Talkdesk, everything i use it for works great.

Anthony
Telephony Manager in France
Hospitality, 501–1,000 Employees

My Talkdesk experience

Comments: All people from Talkdesk are very involve since the deployment process. During implementation, we deal with PS, they are just amazing, and they understand very well our organization and how we work. They also help us to improve our contact center. After implementation, we have our CSM and TAM who are taking over and it was very smooth. When we were on "run" the support team have been also very reactive, they answer very fast on all our quick request.

Pros:

The best feature for me is the Salesforce integration. It was on our main requirement and I'm really happy because it's 100% integrated. The other thing very important is the easy way to implement the solution. Talkdesk is a very user-friendly tool and it's an easy software to use

Cons:

I would like to have more options and granularity on the Talkdesk roles and be able to personalize more who get access on which feature

Alternatives Considered: Genesis Call Accounting & Tracking

Reasons for Choosing Talkdesk: We move to talkdesk for PCI reasons, we had to work with a partner which have a global PCI DSS level 1 certification.

Switched From: NICE CXone

Reasons for Switching to Talkdesk: For the very good integration with Salesforce, and we had a better feeling with Talkdesk as we share the same values.

Tyler
CEO in US
Internet, 2–10 Employees

Powerful phone system, though focus shifting away from startups

Comments: We needed a phone system which allowed our distributed team to take business calls on mobile numbers and not expose their personal phones. Talkdesk has empowered this use case, though we wish the apps were easier to use.

Pros:

Product is full featured, including full ability to call anywhere (including internationally), digital voicemail, contact management, calling from a browser, analytics and performance statistics, and integration with CRMs. You can also receive incoming calls via phone line rather than just via data connection. Many customization options including business hours settings, which phone lines to ring in certain circumstances, and a call tree builder are also helpful.

Cons:

For the longest time, Talkdesk did not have apps for iOS nor Android, but now it appears that they do as of October 2019. Even still, you need to activate the app via a technical support request, which is not a very user-friendly way to handle things. The web-browser based version occasionally hangs (nonresponsive) and a page reload is required, even though we are using a modern computer and modern browser. We've also noticed that the company's focus is shifting away from small customers and startups towards only enterprise customers, so the platform is not as easy to deploy or use for this segment as it was before.

Alternatives Considered: Grasshopper, RingEX and OpenPhone

Reasons for Choosing Talkdesk: Grasshopper was not connecting all calls, meaning a customer would call us and leave a message, yet none of our agents were never rang or notified. We haven't had this problem much with Talkdesk (though, not never).

Switched From: Grasshopper

Reasons for Switching to Talkdesk: Balance between cost and feature set

Maria
Team Lead in US
Computer Software, 201–500 Employees

Talkdesk app for Salesforce

Pros:

it was easy to implement and customize with the product

Cons:

The way it interprets data. You really have to dig and email the representative to get some of the metrics needed or interpret some. It shouldn't be that hard to get some metrics pulled up.

Kelly
Kelly
Customer Service Manager in US
Real Estate, 51–200 Employees

Easy to Use

Pros:

Talkdesk is a basic and simple phone software that is great for beginners, and includes a lot of basic reporting and analytics for someone who may be less experienced at pulling this information or tracking KPIs.

Cons:

The callbar often glitches, and there is some missing basic functionality (you can't place a customer on hold and then make a transfer, there is a limit to the amount of external contacts you can have available in the callbar, etc.)

Cortney
Cortney
Billing Specialist in US
Real Estate, 201–500 Employees

TalkDesk is above the rest! - Cortney K

Comments: TalkDesk has been reliable and above the rest. We started with ShoreTel and switched to TalkDesk and the improvements are not measurable.

Pros:

The ease of use is the best. As long as you have an established internet connection, you can use TalkDesk anywhere!

Cons:

Sometimes the audio is best when connected via ethernet cable.

Jacob
Systems Administrator in US
Automotive, 501–1,000 Employees

Talkdesk

Comments: Overall it has been a good experience there are challenges we still face, but the talkdesk team is willing to work with us.

Pros:

Ease of use. This is a very easy to maintain product. support responds within 24-48hrs. Reporting features and integrations are fantastic. It just works.

Cons:

No ability to webpop automatically only clickable url's. Cost can be high for Enterprise licensing.

Alternatives Considered: 8x8 Contact Center

Reasons for Choosing Talkdesk: We were making the jump to the cloud. Reporting features were not very good in Shoretel.

Switched From: MiVoice Business Solution

Reasons for Switching to Talkdesk: Cost and reporting was better with talkdesk.

Mike
IT Administrator in US
Hospital & Health Care, 201–500 Employees

So glad we made the move to Talkdesk!!!

Comments: I love it and I love the people who run it. Honestly our lives have been SOOOOO much better since coming over from ZenDesk. I am not putting down ZenDesk either, their help desk platform is hard to beat. But for the calling feature which is all we use, Talkdesk does it much better and saved us thousands a year!

Pros:

What I like most about this software is that IT WORKS!!! We have used two other systems in the past and both were iffy at best, often went down, and when they did it was always someone else to blame. Talkdesk has outstanding uptime, in fact I cannot think of a single outage in a year of using them. The cost is much less than we were paying, and their support is extraordinary!

Cons:

The licensing can be a bit tricky to figure out as they have some seasonal ones you can add but sometimes that's confusing and doesn't happen quickly if you need to add them. But that is also planning on our part and giving them time.

Alternatives Considered: Zendesk Suite

Reasons for Choosing Talkdesk: Cost and troubles using services

Switched From: Zendesk Suite

Reasons for Switching to Talkdesk: Price, service, support, overall value.

Nicole
Founder in US
Hospitality, 2–10 Employees

More than your Average Dialer

Comments: My experience was overall positive. There were some points that I was completely upset with the program, but that was only because I really needed to power through some dialing lists and TalkDesk was slowing down my momentum. (Which again, I know they are fixing )

Pros:

Talkdesk has a vast number of pros than meets the eye. I originally started using talk desk simply because I needed a dialer that would hook up to my Salesforce. There were a few other options I was weighing but Talkdesk had the most features. It's great for people who are rapid dialers because you can load playbooks, and just smile and dial. It's also awesome for mail-merges if you need to send out a quick email to a select group of your pipeline. If you are not fond of organizing your leads through SalesForce, you do have the option of working solely out of TalkDesk; you can create tasks to call, events, and add notes that will automatically populate into your salesforce. They are a newer company that is always willing to hop on a call to troubleshoot and are open to feedback.

Cons:

Not all dialers come issue free. My major qualm with using TalkDesk was that it never allowed you to work out of an account, and only contacts. This made it difficult for me to track who I was dialing if I was solely working out of Talkdesk. The other issue (Which I know they are fixing) is how the screen pops up when you are using Talkdesk as a click-to-dial feature in Salesforce. I hate having to click more than I need to just to make a call, and it burdened me when I was trying to power down my list.

Valdrin
IT Engineer in North Macedonia
Restaurants, 501–1,000 Employees

Easy to set up and feature full contact center

Comments: Overall experience is positive, it has many great features, a click to call extension, a callbar. It also has some things that are missing, however, the overall experience, we as admins of talkdesk, and our agents is positive.

Pros:

The most I like about talkdesk is that it has many integrations with other 3rd party sites, such as Salesforce, Kustomer, Ytica, etc. And all of these integrations are already included, out of the box -- we don't have to do any coding, or API calls ourselves. Besides that, we also like how easy it is to set up new agents, give them a new number, or add them to a ring group and they are ready to make and receive calls within minutes.

Cons:

The least I like about Talkdesk is the reporting section. Granted, their scheduled reports and dashboards are great tools which we use daily; however they lack some quality of life features that will make creating and editing reports from a chore to an enjoyable experience. The issue is that, once a scheduled report has been created, it cannot be edited anymore, and our team frequently has new hires and transfers so we have the need to add new members to different reports, but that is not possible, and instead we have to recreate the whole report from scratch.

Lydia
Team Manager in UK
Financial Services, 51–200 Employees

TalkDesk makes monitoring and managing a team easy

Comments: I am able to tackle issues of productivity by easily tracking each individuals performance with great ease. Not only can I track how many calls they are making, but I can easily track how long they are spending on and off the phones, among many other things. TalkDesk assists with many of my manager responsibilities.

Pros:

Live reporting screen is easily customisable so you can keep track of what is important to you. You can also pull lots of different reports for all your needs.

Cons:

I would like to be able to see when an agent was set to which status without having to pull the data, rather than just what proportion of the hour they were set to each status. The individual graphs that show that an agent was set to (e.g.) available for 20 minutes during 9-10am are useful but I want to know WHEN they were available.

Hugo
Customer Experience Team Leader in Canada
Luxury Goods & Jewelry, 501–1,000 Employees

Talkdesk for call centre

Comments: I was initially a customer experience agent. As an agent, I was using Talkdesk as a tool to communicate with customers and keep track of my performance. I am now a manager and use Talkdesk daily in order to manage the workflow of my employees. Additionnally, I always use Talkdesk to have a detail view of the performance from the member on my team. Based on their data, I will be able to performing adequate coaching sessions.

Pros:

I like that as a supervisor I have a lot of visibility and detailed data about my agents performance. As such, I can offer personalized help to each of my agents in regards to their perfomance data shown on the Talkdesk software. It has helped me become a better manager and my employees become more performant. Additionnally, Talkdesk offers a lot of features in order for you to personalize your Talkdesk as per your needs. You can manipulate the lines and many other things in order to properly set the workflow.

Cons:

I don't have many cons about this software. I do see some newer agents struggling with the user friendliness of it all. However, you learn pretty quickly to manipulate it.

Vladimir
Tech Svs TL in Bulgaria
Financial Services, 201–500 Employees

User-friendly and easy to use

Comments: It helps a lot with the proper call distribution, which is crucial for multi-language support. In addition, the ease of manipulating the roles and the lines, allows us to react immediately, depending on the languages and priorities needed on the spot.

Pros:

The ease of installation, usage, and fast reporting tools. Easy to be set up for new agents and changed for the current ones, along with the user-friendly UI, which allows prompt assigning of different roles, access, and support lines.

Cons:

Actually, the tool is really user-friendly, even for the admins. However, It will be a good option to have the calls/chats distribution prioritization a bit more customizable. I've run over the default prioritization, which is quite logical and brings a lot of sense and light over the talkdesk work, but it would be great to have the option to prioritize the distribution to a particular agent and then to change this prioritization to another one. Especially, when we work on different languages, level of expertize, and have different contact channels.

Kenley
Contact Center Supervisor in US
Real Estate, 11–50 Employees

This is how you communicate with your customers fast and effectively!

Comments: Manual calls are now the thing of the past. I can simply hit a link for the customer and talkdesk does the rest. It provides a new age alternative to the contact center world.

Pros:

The ability to easily connect with my customers via phone with a simple click of the button. I also love that it is compatible with Salesforce. I also love the reporting features. This allows me to listen to the calls of my representatives and it provides me with a report on our KPI's. - Kenley B

Cons:

There is no texting feature. Most customers love to text or take a call these days. I think talkdesk could do wonderful if they incorporated a texting feature to their platform. I also would like for a whisper effect on the reporting feature. The ability to say something to my representative while they are on a call, and customers cant hear what I'm saying would be amazing. This way I can coach them on what to say without distracting them from the call. - Kenley B

Consumer Goods, 201–500 Employees

Room for improvement

Pros:

The studio flow builder is my favorite part about the tool. It's very easy and dynamic – empowering an admin to create and edit their IVR without Support.

Cons:

I haven't been very pleased with Talkdesk as a VoIP solution. The integration with our ticketing system is very poor. Our agents have a fair amount of issues with logging in and the occasional dropped call, but that's do be expected when working remotely. Also their tech support is not the best, it requires a lot of back and forth and I find that I have to do all of the troubleshooting / figure it out on my own. Lastly, in order to listen to call recordings, you must have a Talkdesk account, as the recordings live in their system.

Alternatives Considered: Aircall, Genesys Cloud CX, Five9 and UJET

Austin
Customer Relations in US
Retail, 51–200 Employees

Talkdesk Review

Pros:

As simple as the Talkdesk system is, the thing I enjoy most is the practicality of the system as a whole. It is so efficient in terms of getting work done in a timely manner.

Cons:

As of this time, I have not experienced any cons.

Alexis
CSR in Philippines
Consumer Services, 501–1,000 Employees

A fantastic all-in-one phone solution : Talkdesk.

Comments: With all of our other systems, this service works seamlessly. For all aspects of our operations, we utilize various phone lines using this service. TalkDesk is a fantastic product all around. It is a perfect fit for our Contact Center because of its user-level user-friendliness and simplicity.

Pros:

The overall caliber of each call is the most major element. Both you and the customer can hear each other clearly. I adore how effectively it integrates with Zendesk and how well their voicemail system functions as well. Additionally, the opportunity to quickly call my customers with only a press of a button.

Cons:

None that I can think of as so far the tool have been excellent in all ways and form. But I have a suggestion, It would be a good idea, to add a feature that allows you to put the customer on hold while calling another number from the same account.

Armend
Digital marketing in North Macedonia
Information Technology & Services, 201–500 Employees

Easy and convinient

Comments: Slice is the software which connects our company with thousands of customers on a daily basis and makes our business successful.

Pros:

I have been using talkdesk for more than 3 years. It is part of my daily job now and without talk desk my job as a digital marketing rep is unimaginable. Talkdesk gives you the opportunity to reach out to your customers and partners in a very easy way, the quality of the voice is great and you never have any kind of issues with the voice. Talkdesk is very easy to use and timesaving I don't think that there is any better product than talkdesk. Keep up the great work guys.

Cons:

So far everything is great using this software and it has been more than 3 years now. It gets updated and improved all the time. My suggestion for this software is if there is any possibility to change the tones when you dial.

Kimberly
Team Leader in US
Financial Services, 51–200 Employees

Talkdesk

Comments: I really like talkdesk and it has helped improve our contact center

Pros:

The reporting for Talkdesk has helped our center improve. Since implementing talkdesk we have less calls that are abandoned and less people waiting on hold.

Cons:

There are times when the website goes down and it is hard to get support

Customer Service Representative in US
Real Estate, 51–200 Employees

Ease of Use and Reporting

Pros:

The ease of use and the ability to write notes on every incoming call. The system links all communications with the resident so that we are able to see all interactions with a click of a button.

Cons:

I would like the ability to go back into a talkdesk call and be able to write notes if I forgot something from my initial interaction without having to create a case if one was not needed.

Jolene
Account Manager in North Macedonia
Food Production, 201–500 Employees

The best experience using Talkdesk

Comments: I am part of an SEO agency and it was going to be impossible to work without Talkdesk. We need to communicate with the customers on an everyday basis. Our managers can keep a track on our performance using the reports.

Pros:

Talkdask is really fast and easy to use. It is very easy to install it and adapt to it. All the calls are recorded and you can pull out any reports you might need for inbound or outbound calls. This helps to keep a track on the progress of our everyday basis at work. We are using it at work to communicate with our customers and they can have our numbers and leave voicemails.

Cons:

There is nothing to dislike regarding this amazing tool. I don't have any complaints. The only thing I would like to mention is more a suggestion than a complaint or dislike. It was going to be perfect if Talkdesk will be able to automatically recognize the country code of the phone number.