Hubstaff Reviews

4.6 (1,343) Write a Review!

About Hubstaff

Hubstaff has trusted time tracking and employee monitoring for remote and field teams. Scheduling, invoicing, reporting, payroll, more.

Learn more about Hubstaff

Pros:

It is very easy to use at daily work for companies. Great Chrome extension, just one click to start tracking time.

Cons:

There's no payroll integration with Payoneer. It's tough to do payroll with limited options.

Hubstaff ratings

4.4
4.5
4.4
4.5

8.5/10

Hubstaff has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 1,343 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Hubstaff before?

Filter reviews (1,343)

Jasmine
Jasmine
Founder and CEO in Japan
Graphic Design, 11-50 Employees

A MUST have for small businesses

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: GREAT! I will continue to use it as long as we can!

Pros:

I love how Hubstaff keeps track of all my freelancer hours, and uses it as a backup for invoices and expenses.

Cons:

It doesn't easily integrate into my PayPal to match the invoices/payroll options

Lady Marie
Managing Director in Philippines

Unlock Efficiency & Maximize Productivity with Hubstaff Software!

5.0 last month New

Comments: Yes, I have had a great experience with Hubstaff. It is one of the most efficient and easy-to-use management tools that I have ever used. The web-based dashboard makes it very simple to track employee hours, projects, tasks, and more in one central location. Additionally, the reporting capabilities make it easy to review progress and identify areas of improvement. The customer service team has also been very helpful and responsive to my questions. All-in-all, Hubstaff is a great tool that I would highly recommend.

Pros:

My team really appreciated the intuitive user interface and easy to understand features of this software. We found it very helpful in streamlining our workflow and making tasks easier to complete. Additionally, we liked that the software was highly customizable, allowing us to tailor it according to our specific needs. Furthermore, the customer support team was available 24/7 which provided us with great peace of mind. Overall, we found this software to be a great solution for our business needs.

Cons:

The pricing of the software is on the high side, and some of the features appear to be a bit advanced for my needs. Additionally, I find the interface difficult to navigate and understand at times.

Vytenis
CEO in Lithuania
Internet, Self Employed

Bad

1.0 2 weeks ago New

Cons:

Understanding the program is really hard, there are no explanations on how to manage it all easily. We need to pay extra for every person added to the time tracking. That is nonsense - If I want to track my time on projects, and show the client what bill he has. I need to pay extra each time I add a client if he can track the progress. Advertising says 8.33$ month then the price is changed to 10$, then it changed to 40$ because we added people to members. BUT there is no option to add clients and show them the bill, every "bill" needs to be charged extra. I used many time trackers and wanted to have a good, pro version of it. To have it all in one place. So worst experience ever. Will not recommend it to anyone and look for a better alternative.

6 days ago

Hello Vytenis, Thank you for leaving us this detailed review of Hubstaff. We do have an extensive library of support articles, available at https://support.hubstaff.com/, which is regularly updated as new features and updates get released. Additionally, our live chat support is available 24 hours a day, during the weekdays, for further assistance. When it comes to the addition of clients to the organisation, this can be done with them being added as project viewers. These are free users that you can have on the organisation, that are not allowed to track time but can view the information about others' tracked time to their assigned projects. We do apologise if things were not made as clear as they could have been for your user experience. We do hope that we will be able to have you back on the platform in the future.

abdullah
Admin Manager in Turkey
Media Production, 2-10 Employees

My experience with Hub Stuff for over 4 years

Pros:

Ease of use, flexibility and availability at all times

Cons:

The large amount of reports and their presentation format :)

3 months ago

Hello Abdullah, Thank you for leaving us this review for the platform. Indeed, at the moment, we do have a large number of different reports that are used to provide detailed information about a specific aspect of the time tracked on the organisation. However, please keep in mind that we are in the process of releasing Hubstaff Insights, which is a paid add-on for Hubstaff, that offers analysis of various different reports together, using parameters set up by the organisation that utilises this add on. I believe this will be of great benefit to both yourself and other users, or organisations, that are wanting to have a quicker and easier way to analyse the information recorded by Hubstaff. For more information about the add on, we do have the following support article here - https://support.hubstaff.com/hubstaff-insights-add-on/

Abhishek
Abhishek
Associate Consultant in India
Market Research, 51-200 Employees

Best employee monitoring software in the market!

4.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Satisfied with this software as it has helped us track down the performance of the team members working on a project and has also allowed us to do a better job in time management.

Pros:

Excellent platform to keep track of the time consumed in the workloads and tasks of your project members. Easy to use and integrate with other applications.

Cons:

When timer is paused, it needs to restart again, which can be excruciating at times during busy hours/heavy workloads. Interface can be improved.

Professor in Egypt
Dairy, 5,001-10,000 Employees

Hubstaff for time management

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: A good platform that suits many, helps a lot in managing and tracking time.

Pros:

A good platform for organizing work, issuing invoices, and tracking them. This platform can track time easily, works on mobile efficiently, reduces the time and effort required to complete many works, and this program can also integrate with many applications on the desktop, facilitating communication between remote workers.

Cons:

Some problems may occur in the employee salary reports, it needs to be developed and improved a little, sometimes problems may occur in determining the time.

Prince
Prince
Lead Network Executive in India

Best Tool For time tracking and activity monitoring

4.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: overall experiance is good, support , installation and product is good , we are using it isnce last two years

Pros:

it is available for all os platform, it can easly detect ideal hours and tracked time for each tasks, project and task management is good.

Cons:

cost wise it is too costly for us, otherwise everything is good and support is also good.

Manager in US
Entertainment, 11-50 Employees

"Robust Time Tracking and Productivity Monitoring Tool for Remote Teams"

5.0 last month New

Comments: Overall, we have been pleased with the performance of Hubstaff and have found it to be a reliable tool for managing the productivity of our remote team. It has allowed us to better track the time and progress of team members and has helped to streamline our workflow.

Pros:

Hubstaff has been a valuable asset for our remote team in terms of time tracking and productivity monitoring. The interface is easy to use and the app integrates seamlessly with our workflow. The GPS tracking feature has been particularly useful for tracking the location of team members and ensuring that they are working during designated hours.

Cons:

One potential downside of Hubstaff is that it does require some initial setup and training for team members to get used to the system. Additionally, the real-time monitoring feature may not be suitable for all businesses, as it can feel intrusive for some employees.

Software Engineer in India
Financial Services, 51-200 Employees

Good application for tracking employee work

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Increased activity and productivity at some level

Pros:

The screenshots it takes and the ability to take or not take screenshots. Track the activity of users

Cons:

It gets difficult to focus since it takes screenshots every few minutes if configured to do so.

Vardan
GM in Armenia
Hospitality, 2-10 Employees

the best app in its field

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: An excellent choice for monitoring time and establishing workflows, it helped a lot in optimizing the work of employees and facilitated the workflow for the entire company. I recommend to everyone !

Pros:

We did not expect such a burst of performance, I do not regret purchasing this application, it works out its money right away! In the first days, we easily got used to the interface and functionality, everything is very simple and accessible. We also very liked the possibility of synchronization with other applications,we are still experimenting on new ways to use the app

Cons:

everything suits me, there were small problems with remote access, but everything was decided within a couple of minutes

Arman
Full Stack Developer in Spain

Delivers on the promise

Comments: When I started working as a freelancer I tested most of the most famous time tracking software services out there. I always ended up coming back to Hubstaff! The free plan was perfect for starting out, and now it also works perfectly for our small team. And we hope the same will happen once the company grows bigger.

Pros:

The ease of use and the fact it's so feature-rich. They have many integrations and even offer API for custom implementations.

Cons:

I'd like to have the ability to set different pay/bill rates in different currencies, regardless of the primary currency set at the Organization top level.

Dejan
Dejan
CEO in Croatia
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 2-10 Employees

Productivity booster

Comments: It is a great product if you spent some time explaining the advantages to your colleagues. Otherwise, I might be seen as a tool that violates personal privacy and narrowly measures company productivity.

Pros:

easy to use, stable desktop app, great visualizations and statistics, many possibilities for integration with another tools

Cons:

some functionalities within this product are not fully customizable (e.g. idle time is set to min of 5 minutes), more flexibility would be great (e.g. you can`t enable or disable idle timer or disable manual adding/editing records within specific project/task.

4 years ago

Hi Dejan, Thanks for your feedback! We absolutely agree that it is important to have a conversation with your team in regards to the software and its capabilities to ensure they are on the same page and do not feel that it invades their privacy. We understand that this type of conversation can be difficult and time consuming so we put a guide together to help with the transition https://support.hubstaff.com/transition-your-business-to-hubstaff/ If you have any questions feel free to reach out to our support team and we will be happy to help. Thanks again! Sarah

Jisselle
Jisselle
Associate Director in Trinidad & Tobago
Consumer Goods, 11-50 Employees

I have used Hubstaff for over 2 years

Comments: I love it! Still use it and recommend to other colleagues.

Pros:

I like that it comes with the integrated time doctor, detailed reports for the team activity & productivity, as well as the recruitment Hubstaff Talent platform, I'd say it's the best remote hiring platform. Have found many employees from there.

Luis Daniel
Luis Daniel
Consultor en Tecnologías de Marketing Digital in El Salvador

Awesome tool to track productivity

Pros:

This is by far the most robust time tracking software I've ever tested. I love the screenshot taking feature and how easy is to create new tasks

Cons:

I don't like that the pricing model is not per user, so let's say you have 6 employees you need to get the 10 employees plan instead of adding just one additional user.

4 years ago

Hi Luis, Thanks for the feedback! It is great to hear that you are enjoying software and screenshot feature. In regards to the pricing model we understand that our current pricing model may not fit everyone which is why we are adding a per user plan shortly. If you have any questions feel free to reach out to our support team and we will be happy to help. Thanks again! Sarah

Benjamín
Benjamín
Content Marketer in Venezuela
Furniture, 11-50 Employees

Hubstaff is a very cool and light tool for time tracking

Comments: As a time tracking, payment management, and employee monitoring software, Hubstaff does a great job. It does help many companies keep track of their employees and is pretty comprehensive and even fun to use (when you look at it form the browser). Aside from the archaic Windows app, which has many problems, I have no complaints.

Pros:

I've only used Hubstaff for time tracking with my company, I've never used it individually, but I've worked with it with two separate companies so far (as a freelancer), and when comparing it to other time tracking and monitoring tools, I find Hubstaff to be one of the most easy to use and amenable. The thing I like the most is the comprehensive user experience from my end, though I can't speak for admins. As a worker I enjoy being in control and up-to-date with my activity.

Cons:

I would say that working with Hubstaff can get a little pressuring because of the activity system in place. What I mean is that I understand the way they measure activity but I do believe that looking for an activity sign every second can be very daunting, especially when some affiliate companies look for activity percentages higher than 80% for their employees. This forces many freelancers into a burnout trying to achieve these impossible productivity standards. Of course, Hubstaff can't claim responsability for what its users decide to do with it, but since it's fairly understandable that we (as workers) don't necessarily press keys or move the mouse at all times, maybe it would be better if they counted one activity sign every two (2) seconds, for example. Or if they offered ways to take breaks that were a direct part of the software and not something entirely at the discretion of one's employer. Hubstaff is great, but its current system does seem to favor employers more than employees, in my opnion, and this could lead to exploitation. Another thing is that the Windows app really needs an update, it has many bugs and doesn't look well on the UX side. There should be more options, not just an outdated-looking time tracker.

Le-an Lai
Le-an Lai
President in Philippines
Publishing, 11-50 Employees

Great for online teams

Comments: Great! It's amazing for the team but needs more options for the manager to be able to easily track employees with whatever variable that is needed.

Pros:

I love how it's so easy to use for any new team member. I can also teach a new manager quickly on how to track those who are below them. It's also great that I am able to calculate pay easily, and see who has been actually performing the least when online.

Cons:

The biggest thing I would love to see is being able to easily check if someone has been adding/modifying their time too much. In the old software that we used, I can easily open a calendar and for each employee, check how many hours was working on the computer, and how many hours were done offline/tracked by the app. I have to go through one by one before actually catching someone who is violating company policies. Another one would be instead of having the checkbox portion of idle time when people have been away from their computer, make it a radio select where they have to choose whether to keep or delete it. This has caused so much confusion with our team when we started, and would greatly help in making sure that their time is logged correctly.

4 years ago

Hello! Thank you for your review. In regards to being able to easily check if members have been editing time manually, we do have a report section dedicated just for that. It is called "Manual Time Edits", and you will be able to see exactly which time was edited manually instead of tracked with the time tracker. As for the idle time features, we would love to here more about your feedback and suggestions. Please feel free to contact us directly at [email protected] and let us know!

Director in Australia

No Reason To Change

Comments: We have used Hubstaff for 4 years to track our remote staff and have no reason to change to another provider. It is well establsihed in our business processes and we upgrade plans as we add more team members. Onboarding new team members is very, very smooth.

Pros:

We create tasks in our Project system (jira) that appear in Hubstaff for the team member, they start the clock and we pay on that time spent - simple. There is a Dashboard to see who is working on what task at any time and lots of reporting. The project task gets the time spent reported back for project tracking/costing. We get 10 minute screen shots if there is a concern over productivity. I also use that to get a sneak peek on their design ideas if a client is calling me on progress and sometimes I'll suggest a change in direction.

Cons:

We tried to interface with Quickbooks by Customer by Task but Hubstaff couldnt handle that. We do this via the tracking in Jira (which includes Hubstaff time by Task anyway).

last year

Hello Michael, we are happy to be at your service! Please don't hesitate to message us at [email protected] for any technical inquiries. Our team will be happy to assist you. Thank you and stay well.

Ray
President in Guyana

Cenedex Software Solutions - Hubstaff Review

Comments: Hubstaff has been our preferred platform to track all of our employee hours and tasks for a very long time, and we are extremely happy with the results in helping us organize our work flow and management.
We have been able to realize the ease in a long standing promise of transparency to our customers by sending frequent, detailed reports on the hours of developers on client projects.

Pros:

We especially love about hubstaff is the newly released "Hubstaff Tasks" function which allows us to track the task along with the time taken for each user. As a software company that prides itself in transparency, our clients truly appreciate seeing how their money is spent, and Hubstaff offers them the perfect easily-exported PDF files.

Cons:

Rather than what we like least, we recognize that each platform is a growing and developing business, and Hubstaff has show us that they are constantly improving to meet customer needs. To this extend I would love to see these improvements in the next major update: 1) To be able to connect one-single project to multiple integrations at a time, for example to Hubstaff Tasks as well as Quickbooks. 2) To be able to upgrade a single user or owner to a higher plan, so as to take advantage of the higher tier benefits. 3) To be able to edit Immutable times from external integrations, in the case of Human error in selecting projects or Tasks.

Willy
C.E.O in Germany
Financial Services, 2-10 Employees

Great tool to track productivity

Comments: It’s a pretty reliable program to track productivity and allows you to work with employees remotely. Every supervisor who works with employees remotely should have this. It makes your work so much easier and it is very affordable.

Pros:

I find Hubstaff to be very useful especially in project management. Tasks can be clearly outlined for each agent and it helps you get reports on my agents and productivity increases because I can now closely follow up with the individual agents who are having trouble delivering. It’s a very easy software to use with a clean User Interface. I especially love the “Hubstaff Tasks” function as it helps me track the amount of time agents take to complete certain tasks and this is very useful information in project planning, I can now get a better estimate of the time required to carry out tasks from previous records. I haven’t had the chance to use the mobile app but it’s good to know there is that option which would be very useful when on the go.

Cons:

Hubstaff has been splendid and it offers a lot of features, I’m really satisfied with it, maybe in a future version, the software could include a real time option for the reports.

4 years ago

Hi Willy, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. It is great to hear that our software is helping you with all of your time tracking needs. We really appreciate your kind words. Warmly, Sarah

Head of Research and Data Managemnet in US
Real Estate, 11-50 Employees

Incredible time-tracking software

Pros:

This is a very, very easy-to-use time management software that can work in businesses of many shapes and sizes. I love that rather than just digitally tracking time, you can even assign your time to different projects, locations, etc. It works on Mac and PC flawlessly, and although I haven't used the mobile app, I've heard good things about it. In terms of trusting your workers, it even can screen capture the main display of their PC/Mac to ensure they aren't slacking off. This also tracks how much "activity" (mouse movement only, I think) per 10-minute period.

Cons:

Really not too many cons with this one - very straightforward as an enduser, and very straightforward to setup for others. I think that presentation wise, the program could be rebranded to be a bit cleaner-looking, or higher-end. It's simple, it works, but I think it could be visually enhanced a tad. In terms of function, there's not much to criticize other than editing time after the fact. I have found it sometimes cumbersome to overwrite/change old time entries after entering them, as when it overlaps with another time, it doesn't allow you to submit.

Ahmed
Ahmed
Social media marketing and design expert in Pakistan
Media Production, Self Employed

Now even newbie freelancers can land a gig thanks to Hub spot

Comments: My overall experience has been nothing less than a blessing because I had almost lost hope to work as a freelancer because of the huge competition on platforms like upwork which resulted in no job for the first couple of months but as soon as I joined hubspot it all changed for me.

Pros:

What I liked the most about this software is the fact that despite of the ever growing competition in the freelancing industry hub spot is still giving every freelancer a chance to prove their worth

Cons:

To be honest there’s literally nothing I dislike about this software but I would say that it could be even more better if they gave freelancers an option to attach their certificates and portfolio.

2 years ago

Hi Ahmed! Thanks for your feedback and your kind words! We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying the platform! If you have any questions feel free to shoot me an email at [email protected] Thanks again!

Tri
Tri
CEO in Singapore

Hubstaff, your go-to tool to manage the remote working

Comments: Hubstaff is a tool I recommend to all people manage a team of remote workers.

Pros:

The integration with many platforms and how they communicate seamlessly.

Cons:

I work with Jira. Sometimes it has verification problem which makes the calculation of the work time inaccurate.

last year

Hi Tri, thanks for the honest feedback! For any issue you may experience while using Hubstaff, please don't hesitate to talk to us through our official support email, [email protected] Thanks and stay safe.

Mrugank
CEO in India

Simple, accurate work time tracking software for growing businesses

Comments: - very happy with the subscription and would like to refer to other companies.

Pros:

- easy to use - setup is not difficult specially while onboarding new person in the team - client setup and reporting is great - different kind of reports are very helpful - there are payment integration software but bring more like i can transfer directly from my bank account.

Cons:

- need multiple hours so billing and paying hours could be in different currency. specially when paying country is different then developer's team country - time off (leave) period should be dynamic . like here we consider financial year so we didn't consider from Jan - Dec instead we consider April - March - lower activity: report should exclude time below any percentage. at the moment doing it manually and it is very tedious task.

last year

Hey Mrugank, thanks for your feedback. We'd like you to know that we're keeping notes and that we're constantly working on improving Hubstaff. Stay safe!

Jessica
Managing Partner in Thailand
Fund-Raising, 2-10 Employees

The best time tracking platform out there

Comments: It saves me so much time and allows me to easily check work product progress for my staff and partner consultants who work a state a way or across the world. It also allow me to be completely mobile when I need to be and allows the same for my staff/partners.

Pros:

Hubstaff is, hands down, the best time tracking platform on the market. My business would not function efficiently without it, and I honestly wouldn't be able to be as mobile as I am without it. My business model depends upon collaborations and Hubstaff makes that possible for me with very little time spent on administration. You simply can't beat the cost for what you get!

Cons:

While Hubstaff is brilliant at what it does, I haven't upgraded to their premium account because I find the payroll and billing to lack the flexibility I need to work well. For example, it doesn't allow me to write-in a description of activities accomplished on the billing, which some of my clients require. So I'm stuck using other platforms for that. Also, there's so much potential in their task system to replace other project management platforms, but it's not there yet.

Kelly
Senior Talent Acquisition Partner in US
Biotechnology, 201-500 Employees

Easy time tracking, complicated reports

Pros:

Simple to use for the person tracking their time. I like that you can set up multiple different projects to track where you spend your time.

Cons:

As a tracker, you need to download the desktop app. I don't think they have a comparable browser app. In the admin console, the amount of reports you can generate is overwhelming. Hubstaff should try to recommend the most common reports and hide the ones involving a lot of customizations.

5 months ago

Hello Kelly, thank you for taking the time to leave us the review for the platform. We do offer a number of different time trackers which can be used for tracking, each with their own pros and cons. There are both a Google Chrome extension and a web browser time tracker, the latter of which is available on our website, when the user is logged in to their account. I will pass on your feedback about the filtering out of irrelevant reports to our product team, for their future consideration.