15 years helping Irish businesses

About Bloomfire

Knowledge Management Software enabling teams to access, collaborate across, and draw upon their organization's collective intelligence.

Learn more about Bloomfire

Pros:

It transposes videos, provides full text search, allows for different groups to be created, user analysis so we know if we are getting our money's worth for the tool.

Cons:

It is difficult to find information in the Strut area.

Bloomfire ratings

4.3
4.4
4.2
4.2

8.4/10

Bloomfire has an overall rating of 4.4 out 5 stars based on 253 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Bloomfire before?

Mary
Mary
Director, Market Research in US
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 51–200 Employees

Easy to use

Comments: Implementation was a dream. They had a team that helped us manage the project and uploaded all our content for us. As a small team, this was important.

Pros:

Cons:

I wish I could edit docs in the tool. But there are few cons that we have found at this point in time.

Anusha
Business Process Lead in India
Pharmaceuticals, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Happy with Bloomfire existing Functionalities

Comments: it's been a year with Bloomfire and the initial migration process was pretty smooth and we are enjoying using the platform.The 2 key things that can make the platform even better are, the bulk upload option and the deeper access restriction options.

Pros:

The search features and the capability to have the blogs/ articles created within it.The archival system and the version controls are the best ever features..

Cons:

having 2 links created for the same post when it is mapped under 2 groups.

Tyler
New Development - Ambulatory in US
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Recent Updates Diminish Value of Product Usability

Comments: The initial experience was extremely positive, the recent updates significantly reduce the usefulness of the product specifically where tables and embedded documents are concerned.

Pros:

We use the system as a knowledge base to inform our ongoing software implementations and keep our Support team up to speed on current functionality. I love that articles/posts are really easy to create and categorize. The search functionality works well which makes finding information very easy.

Cons:

The product allows you to embed documents and create tables into posts. Unfortunately, a recent update to the user interface reduces the size of the article to about 1/3 the width of a monitor. As a result, tables and embedded documents are extremely difficult to read as the formatting is severely impacted. I am not sure how to post screenshots. I have escalated to our site administrator who was informed by Bloomfire support that there is no way to revert the settings. Given that we use the system as a knowledge base, we use tables extensively to summarize information for quick and simple digestion. We also regularly embed word documents, PDFs, and Excel files. The new layout/format makes those embedded documents unreadable without extensive zooming or direct downloading of the articles. Prior to this change, the product met our needs and was highly functional. That is no longer the case.

5 years ago

We're sorry to hear that the new format and layout changes have impacted your ability to read tables and embedded documents. Our Client Success team has reached out and would love to work with you to find a solution to this readability issue. We want Bloomfire to continue being as useful to your company as it was when you first started using it.

Alexis
Sr. Manager of Operations, Associate Support in US
Consumer Services, 201–500 Employees

Bloomfire - Exceptional platform

Comments: Overall, we needed a knowledgebase that was better for our department. Our previous KB was a bit of a mess and very difficult to search or find any basic information. Bloomfire has been an amazing change! I would choose them everyday.

Pros:

Key aspects: searchability, how it looks, and organization features.

Cons:

I feel that the reports could be enhanced. We would like to pull data easily such as documenting if/when people are logging in. Right now the process is extremely manual (you have to look at each person individually). However, customer service has been wonderful in assisting us in this. Additionally, it would be amazing to update some of the formatting options. The bulleting in particular can be very finnicky.

Food & Beverages, 10,000+ Employees

Bloomfire is THE platform (and partner) for expanding the use of our data

Comments: Took our team to the next level. Love it.

Pros:

Easy to use - for uploading and downloading content

Cons:

Nothing really, but to get the most out of it you really need a plan for organizing the content. Their team helps with that, but it's not something you can just do and forget about - you need to constantly be thinking about how to maintain the content.

Bernhard
Business Coach in US
Management Consulting, Self Employed

Easy to use

Comments: We use it to house all of the information for a product that I license. We share information across the user base, add articles and find relevant information about using the tools that we license.

Pros:

Very clear navigation, you know where to find what you are looking for

Cons:

Sometimes I have a hard time finding older articles and get mixed up with new and old material when I am looking for a specific piece of informaiton

Megan
Megan
Chief Marketing Officer in US
Retail, 10,000+ Employees

Bloomfire - faster searches and better collaboration

Comments: Bloomfire makes it easy to Collaborate with other users on posts, streamlines processes, saving time on multiple projects. It has proven to be an invaluable resource for managing paperwork and staying up to date on implementations, making workflow easier and more efficient.

Pros:

I started using Bloomdire since last year, at first I was a bit skeptical, but I realized that it is one of those platforms that makes your work easier, especially when searching for information and making decisions, I really like the interface it is Easy to use and the search function is efficient, Bloomfire significantly simplifies the search for information in our marketing department. the platform enables quick access to the information you need with just a few clicks or searches, surpassing traditional web searches in speed and reliability.

Cons:

Bloomfire is a software with useful tools, but it is not easy to understand for new users, it needs to be more intuitive so that the learning process does not take a long time, another aspect that needs to be improved is to be more open to customization, so that Users can adapt them to their needs.

Alexandra
Training Coordinator in US
Food & Beverages, 1,001–5,000 Employees

An Essential Part of our Organization!

Comments: Bloomfire has been a HUGE part of our organization. Although we have been using it for years, this last year we have undergone our largest project within the organization and Bloomfire has been our savior. It has allowed us to have a central location with all knowledge/training pertaining to this Project and the launch would not have been successful without Bloomfire! We continue to expand our use and are excited for what else is to come!

Pros:

The ease of use and search capabilities! No more physical copies of manuals or parts list for us to dig through! Also, being able to have multiple communities to support other parts of the business.

Cons:

We weren't successful in connecting it to Salesforce but we found it wasn't necessary for our operations. Also, we are dying to have the Bulk Contribution feature. When we take on certain contracts, we have to upload 100s of documents one by one and it can be time consuming.

Chelle
Lead Service Training Specialist in US
Insurance, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Life Insurance Company Migration

Comments: Bloomfire has been extremely helpful from the beginning. They have helped us develop a much-needed tool to accommodate all of our daily activity, content management and training needs.

Pros:

Product is very easy to navigate and use on a daily basis. I love the flexibility with it, as it allows us to accomplish what works best for our team. The staff at Bloomfire is fantastic and always willing to help.

Cons:

Bloomfire met all of our expectations. There was nothing that occurred that caused us to have to change our original idea and concept we were wanting.

Ester
QA coach in US
Consumer Services, 201–500 Employees

it takes time to get used to learn how to search and find answers

Comments: maybe because english is my second language but it took me almost 6 months to get used to how to search things and find things on it.

Pros:

I love the main page and how you can change it to tailored it to our needs

Cons:

sometimes it is hard to remember where the answer is and the search button and the tags are just too much. you really need to remember some key words for the search

Paige
Chief Learning Officer in US
Executive Office, 51–200 Employees

Sharing Knowledge On Demand

Comments: Chief Outsiders uses Bloomfire to ensure our fractional Chief Marketing Officers and Chief Sales Officers can gain knowledge from each other as rapidly and easily as possible. Our clients get the best outcomes from us when we leverage the power of our Tribe of seasoned marketing and sales professionals, and Bloomfire makes it easy to collaborate and learn from each other - at the moment when a client situation calls for it. As a result, we can get the information we need to do a great job for a client on demand, as needed. The Bloomfire search function is essential to that expeditious learning process.

Pros:

Bloomfire’s search functionality works infinitely better than the folder/file structure of alternatives. Search does not require an understanding of the filing structure, so all users can benefit without the need for training on filing nomenclature and structure. Bloomfire makes it easier for our 110+ fractional Chief Marketing Officers and Chief Sales Officers to learn from each other as a result.

Cons:

I would love to see an integration between Bloomfire and Dropbox so that documents in Dropbox could be read by the Bloomfire engine without actually having to be moved into the Bloomfire database.

Alyse
US

Great Platform, Increases Engagement and Excellent Support

Comments: We use Bloomfire as an integrated component of another system. We have seen a great level of engagement and use. Integration went smoothly, including single sign on. We're using a host of groups, some of them private and it's worked out really well. Bloomfire has even fast tracked some of our more important feature requests. There are still a few kinks to be worked out with the UX and users get confused in certain cases but overall it is simple to use and one of the best platforms we've seen when exploring the landscape of available products. Would recommend.

Pros:

Very simple and easy to use, low learning curve. Support is great and very responsive. Platform integrates easily with other platforms for whitelabling purposes.

Cons:

User interface can be improved in certain cases. Users are often confused as to what groups they are posting to.

Carmene
Knowledge Management Content Strategist in US
Financial Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Customized Customer Care

Comments: This software has grown with changes and adjustments we have to make along the way. The team we have at Bloomfire supporting our requests and walking us through what's up and coming has been nothing short of stellar. Sure we've had some glitches, but if they get wind of them they're right on it and ensuring that the adjustment is everything we were hoping. Otherwise, they're back to the drawing board to make it happen, in due time.

Pros:

Bloomfire has meet every request we've asked of them. The evolution of customization they have offered us is truly above and beyond, especially during these times. Things just get better and better with time.

Cons:

I think there's been some frustrations in wanting it to be an exact or close replica of what more popular search engines are within our Enterprise. It's wishful thinking, right? No. The reality is when you voice your wishes to Bloomfire they come so close you honestly wonder do they sleep?

4 years ago

Thanks for your review, Carmene! SSFCU has been a great partner and we look forward to continuing to work together.

Jane
Tax Preparer III in US
Accounting, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Tax Service

Comments: I've been with JH since the onset of the portal. First season was hopeless. Second season was better, but not enough info was there. Now, lots of info, but can't find it in a timely manner.

Pros:

This has a lot of potential as an info and help station for our tax preparers. It is much improved from previous years in terms of content.

Cons:

The search engine leaves a lot to be desired. There is a very generous amount of info on the portal now, but trying to find specific items is tough. Perhaps a category list might be helpful so if we are looking for tax info, policy, software, job aids, marketing, etc there would be a starting place. Titles of the entries do not help to find specifics and one can spend hours looking for info when we have a client sitting in front of us and we only have minutes to come with a solution.

Brittany
Quality Enhancement Coordinator in US
Education Management, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Quality tool

Comments: I enjoy knowing that if I type things in many times, eventually someone will know what I need..

Pros:

I love that I can search for anything within my company and 75% of the time I can immediately find what I need.

Cons:

There are times when I know something is there but because I do not use the exact term it was labeled as I cannot find it immediately.

Jeff
Director, Learning & Performance in US
Human Resources, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Beautiful Bloomfire

Comments: Our organization has been using Bloomfire for 2 years now -- for 2 in Sales and 1 for a community of learning professionals. We've seen such a great impact that we hope to expand it to another 800 users in the service community.
Bloomfire has enabled us to consolidate information into a user-friendly, mobile accessible platform for users to not only get information faster, but to connect with a larger community of peers and to SME's as well.
And being a service organization as well, I can't say enough great things about Bloomfire's desire and execution from a service perspective. They listen and are ALWAYS willing and ready to assist. They are tremendous!

Pros:

Great search function, mobile app

Cons:

It's not necessarily the software but for us trying to figure out how to best organize our extensive content

Derek
Manager, Dispute Investigation in US
Internet, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Bloomfire

Comments: While there's a lot I could speak to in terms of the product itself, specifically, I recently had an amazing customer support interaction with Bloomfire. I submitted a question/suggestion about something I was unaware was currently already an available feature in Bloomfire. I submitted my request, and within an hour, I had a phone call and voicemail from Chad, Director of Client Success, with an answer. Because I didn't pick up, he also sent me a follow-up email, which included a screencap video walking me through the process. I was pretty blown away by this level of fast and efficient customer support, which only makes me more of a supporter of the Bloomfire platform. Thank you for being a trusted source for in sharing information and resources!

Pros:

It's easy to use, reliable, and Bloomfire offers great customer support in my experience.

Cons:

It would be great to have the ability for more collaboration (i.e. multiple people working on edits at once on the same piece).

Maria
Team Lead in US
Banking, 10,000+ Employees

Great software

Comments: Its super easy to use.

Pros:

Its user friendly and everything populates so quickly.

Cons:

I have only good reviews for it. It reminds me of GOOGLE in all the best ways.

Deshonta
Special Educator Low Incidence in US
Education Management, 201–500 Employees

Bloomfire ROCKS!

Comments: My school uses it as a central location for locating documents throughout the network. I mainly use it as a go to for all of my classes

Pros:

ease of use, the design is organized well and works well with managing several databases and file information

Cons:

There aren't many features I dis like about Bloomfire

Adrian
Sales in Singapore
Information Technology & Services

Not the sexiest but good enough

Comments: The default layout with thumbnails feels a little basic and not too appealing. It gets the job done and addresses what I need. I like the search but for my company to use a "blog" style central info store... can get quite infuriating.

Pros:

Ease of use.

Cons:

Blog style posting of assets

7 years ago

Adrian, we sent you an email and hope to connect soon so we can demonstrate the different layout options we offer as well as ones we have planned for this quarter and the year.

Jess
Knowledge Management Specialist in US
Marketing & Advertising, 51–200 Employees

Excellent knowledge management tool

Comments: Bloomfire is already shaping up to be an excellent tool for our KMS. We love the built-in screen recorder/webcam record feature. As the admin, setting the system up is super simple - could do almost everything by myself. We love the SSO option, the simplicity of the functionality, and amazing search function. Personally, the sales process with Bloomfire was very comfortable - I never felt rushed or pressured, and Michael was fast to respond and thoroughly answered all of my questions. The Bloomfire Community is a great resource - I've been using it as a go-to for quick setup help and best practices advice. It's invaluable! Overall, I feel like Bloomfire is an excellent choice for a streamlined, purpose-driven tool to help organizations pool their employees' knowledge and expertise.

Pros:

I love how simple it is - it's not a be-all, end-all software. It's a KMS, and it's a very very good one.

Cons:

So far, the only thing I haven't found easy is bulk uploading for documents, but it sounds like something they're working on. That seems to be the standard: any feature or functionality that users wish they could apply, Bloomfire has considered or is working on it.

Erin
Community Support Team Lead in US
Internet, 51–200 Employees

Bloomfire makes it difficult to distinguish between knowledge base and training materials.

Comments: The organizational features of Bloomfire are not very easy to use when you have a large set of internal training materials.

Cons:

Not intuitive, hard to manage a larger knowledge base and internal training materials

7 years ago

Erin, sorry you have a hard time distinguishing content. We sent you an email to follow up and assist in making content easier to find for your users. I hope to hear from you soon!

Diana
manager shopper insights in US

Reduces time it takes to find the information you need!

Comments: time savings, early adoption, ease of use

Pros:

User interface does not require training - simple and easy to use for any level of user. Also the layout is intuitive and by seeing thumbnails it triggers a memory and a level of confidence that you're opening the correct file. The video transcript is a great feature that is a huge time saver.

Cons:

Administration can get a bit hands on, but the client support team steps in a ton for me with support.

Katie
Administrative Assistant in US
Public Relations & Communications, 11–50 Employees

So easy to use!

Comments: I am not commenting on customer support or value for money specifically, because I do not directly handle either. But based on ease of use, functionality, and general interface, this is THE most intuitive, fluid office organization program I have ever used. We have used it to organize and make searchable everything from everyday tools used by all staff, to institutional knowledge, to easy-to-find links to our frequently used websites. This will make onboarding new employees at least 75% easier. Thank you!

Pros:

Ease of use, especially the intuitive quick-search tool.

Cons:

It is proving slightly less intuitive to a select few older members of our staff, who were not brought up on smart search.

Computer Software, 501–1,000 Employees

A decent tool for Knowledge base

Comments: Overall the experience with Bloomfire has been a positive one. The centralized knowledge base has proven useful and the benefits exceed any of the drawbacks we have seen by a wide margin.

Pros:

We utilize Bloomfire as a company knowledge base and it gives all employees the ability to contribute which is of great benefit. Community features such as likes and comments are a nice touch and give folks the ability to engage.

Cons:

For the most part, it does what any tool of this kind should. One of the biggest complaints we have is about indexing and navigation that can seem a bit cluncky at times.