My life would be TERRIBLE without Ziprecruiter

Reviewed on 27/9/2019
Ardittee N.
Hiring Manager
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I personally adore this job board. Like I mentioned, it has bought diversity of applicants through our office doors and made our business a lot more like a family environment given the fact that we have different levels of experience that we are hiring. I think it is great and makes my job extremely easy.

Pros: Ziprecruiter is my go to Job Board as a Hiring Manager. Ziprecruiter not only has great affordable plans but they truly cast the widest net when it comes to applicants. Coming from a place where I was only budgeted for Indeed, Ziprecruiter has opened up doors by advertising to every board from Monster to Linkedin. It has truly been a game changer and we have seen numerous people come through our doors that have been sharp and well qualified individuals. Each applicant has their own story and we have met great employees through this software and that is because Ziprecruiter leaves no stone unturned. They really are the best contenders in the job seeing world!

Cons: The one issue I would say would be the "Quick Apply". From my experience, sometimes the quick apply is so easy for applicants it makes my job as a Hiring Manager a little tough. This is due to the fact that when an applicant is on a job application frenzy, they will apply for anything and everything meaning they do not necessarily remember applying/apply by mistake. This results in a lot of confusion and wasted time when reaching out to applicants. If there was maybe more of a screening process involved so the applicants are required to read and check what they're apply for, it'd make a huge difference!

For when you need a job, or a new employee, in a zip...

Reviewed on 20/8/2019
Brian H.
Graduate
Higher Education, 5,001-10,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: It gets exhausting submitting applications for available positions now that virtually all employers application process is now online. Having to enter the same information, over and over, turns the job hunt from being a propitious event full of hope and promise into a dull, dreary task full of monotony. Many times I have found a position I am very interested in and would qualify for, but end up not applying simply out of dread. As a result, many companies have missed out on the best employee for the job: me! ZipRecruiter turns the job hunt experience around on its head. It's based on the premise that today's fast-paced business environment leaves prospective applicants little time and impetus to apply for the open positions employers need to fill. In order to attract the best candidates for listed openings - many of whom are already employed and have time constraints - the new user on ZipRecruiter's platform "applies" for a "job" in the form of filling out their profile. From there, the user simply needs to peruse job listings, and when something of interest is found, he or she clicks on "apply" and for most positions, that's it, they are done - in a zip! Employers receive the profile data which serves as the application for the posted job, and their unique approach facilitates finding the best candidates for the position.

Pros: As a project work employee that relies on my employer being awarded relevant contracts, my job search for more permanent, suitable employment has been sporadic but ongoing for several years now. ZipRecruiter turns an otherwise off-putting chore into a simple, easy task, that lets the busy professional apply for job openings with one click and that's it for most listed positions.

Cons: ZipRecruiter's algorithm for recommendations matching job seekers with job openings could use some fine-tuning.

by ZipRecruiter on 21/8/2019

Hello Brian,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review ZipRecruiter, your feedback is very important to us! We are happy to hear that you had a good experience with us and our platform. We try to make finding a job as easy as possible. Good luck in your job search and thank you for letting Ziprecruiter be part of it. If you need any assistance with anything, feel free to contact our Customer Success Team by calling 877-252-1062. We are now available 24/7

Tier II Support

ZipRecruiter is still going strong!

Reviewed on 15/8/2019
Eddie B.
Hospitality Recruiter
Staffing & Recruiting, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: ZipRecruiter is great for assisting our clients in smaller to mid-size markets where we don't have a large candidate flow already in place. ZipRecruiter lets us target candidates with greater detail than other services. Example: Targeting a specific suburb or zip code of Chicago instead of (LinkedIn) "The Greater Chicago Area" - This ability to dig into locations and source from the database is outstanding!

Pros: Overall ZipRecruiter seems to be experiencing a resurgence in attracting high caliber applicants within the service industry from what I've seen overall in the last year. The database is another great tool that gives us access to candidates that we wouldn't get on other platforms such as Indeed. Not only that, but I feel it's a higher level of professional candidates across the board. The user interface is very easy to learn and you can customize alerts to your liking.

Cons: I felt for a while the site was a little dated, but it appears that they've modernized their look, user interface and are still able to attract top-notch talent. I think the value for service is greater when you're able to buy in larger quantities than on an individual basis, but that's the nature of the business.

by ZipRecruiter on 20/8/2019

Hi Eddie!

Thank you so much for providing your wonderful and extensive feedback with us! We're so glad you've found success within your hiring journey while utilizing ZipRecruiter.

Our product team is constantly making updates based on our customer's feedback! We encourage you to stay on the lookout for any upcoming advancements.

As always, our team is here to help. We're here 24/7, so please always feel welcome to contact us directly for assistance.

Happy Hiring!

Tier III Support

The best tool to recruit the high callibre candidates.

Reviewed on 22/7/2019
John N.
Talent Acquisition/Recruiting Extraordinaire
Information Technology & Services, 10,001+ Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I have gained much of the benefits from the whole recruiting procedure which had allowed me to gain more insights about the right candidates and connecting me with them. It allows me to filter the high caliber candidates in a more efficient way rather than the standard channels which only brings out the available individuals. It always led me towards making the right choices for me as well as for my company.

Pros: The overall effectiveness of this tool depends on whom and from which industry sector you are trying to hire the candidates. There are some productive results from few campaigns and quite low for the other ones. Well, it is quite easy to post the required position without any kind of struggle at all and within few minutes its starts infiltrating the appropriate candidates for you. The ads are most visually pleasing and attracts more audience with creative content lines. We can also filter the right candidate for us by targeting specific candidates, location, education and experience. It is great recruiting tool specifically for the recruiters allowing them to improve the efficiency of their work.

Cons: This tool brings itself some serious issues that requires the attention of the users and the management. The foremost thing that requires utmost improvement is their own customer support which always doesn't responds to us in more directly way. They always try to lure us with some hefty pricey plans which are not even required at all. There's also abundance of notifications and alerts that we have to sort out manually. The recruiting process is somehow simplified with this tool but it is mostly same like mailing approach and not anything much better.

by ZipRecruiter on 23/7/2019

Hi John,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We at Ziprecruiter want you to know that we want to provide the best customer service to you. We are also pleased you feel we are the best tool to recruit in hiring high caliber candidates.

We are also glad to see that the ads are pleasing visible and can apply for positions within minutes.

If you ever need anything else, our team is available to you 24/7!

Dionne

Beth E.
Owner/Recruiter
Staffing & Recruiting, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I've stopped using ZipRecruiter do to Customer Service related issues. I was offered a lifetime discount and so many resume views per month upon signing up and then a year later was told that they were no longer honoring their initial offer and I should never have been offered that in the first place. That was it for me, I had a generally positive experience with them, but I can't pay money to a company that doesn' t keep their word, and they didn't care about keeping me as a customer either. No apologies or another form of compensation was offered, just a simple shouldn't have happened, sorry about your luck (without the sorry). So, I took my business elsewhere.

Pros: ZipRecruiter is a good product, but it also depends on who you are trying to hire. Some industries get a better response rate than others. I like the overall quality of applicants. It's easy to use the self-explanatory system. You generally start receiving applications within seconds of posting jobs, if it's in the category that does well with their audience.

Cons: Their system algorithm is a bit off; I will get a candidate they recommend to me that either doesn't have the right experience at all or has terrible job tenure but will have a "High" rating. I understand that they are not a deciding factor based on Job Tenure, but anyone who is a hiring manager knows that job tenure is significant. Another thing I didn't like about using ZipRecruiter is they recommend your jobs based on specific information that sometimes isn't' allowed to be shared upfront, like salary or client name and based on this you get a lower view rates and lower recommendations. It should be based solely on credentials of candidates applying that jobs are recommended too, NOT based on those things. Another thing I didn't like about ZipRecruiter is that locations have to be exact; you were able to post as a "work from home" or "remote" opportunities in the location option. They did have a tag for it, but then you couldn't specify industry because you had to tag it as remote and not say "healthcare."

by ZipRecruiter on 14/6/2019

Hello Beth,

Thank you for taking the time to submit this review as your feedback is very important to us!

Although our system does work to identify the best-matched candidates for your job, there are several other tools that we encourage all customers to take advantage of to help better their chances of finding the right candidate and filtering out those who do not meet your standards. We also provide great free features to help increase your visibility, such as social media integration and job optimization. We want you to be able to make those hires quickly and efficiently and we understand how time consuming it can be to make the perfect hire!

If we ever have the pleasure of assisting you with your hiring needs in the future, we would be more than happy to walk you through those additional features. We are open 24/7 at Ziprecruiter for your convenience.

Tier II Customer Support

Sometimes Frustrating

Reviewed on 20/3/2019
Administrative Assistant
Executive Office, 201-500 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I found that there were some different jobs on this site that weren't on others (careerbuilder, indeed). Applying was frustrating as described. There was no way to follow up. I felt like I applied and my application fell into a black hole. I never knew if the employer received it. Looking for a job is very frustrating and time-consuming. Better search criteria are SO helpful to narrow down opportunities and focus on the better fit opportunities. I did not receive one single "call back" on my application for the 2 + years I used this site to apply for positions. I had better luck with Indeed. (Additionally, Indeed is more favored by employers and I found more listings on that site.)

Pros: the job descriptions were usually clear and the "ad" was nicely laid out and visually appealing. Information about the job hours and benefits were clear so I didn't waste time applying for a position that I later found out didn' fit my needs. There was also the option of requesting a salary range if none was given. However, I found most employers did not respond to the request. The option of getting more information on a job is very appealing and it would have been a great feature to be able to offer that.

Cons: When you click on the apply, the site automatically sends your last saved resume and cover letter. Since I feel it is very important to customize the cover letter for the position, I was frustrated that if I clicked reply, my information was sent and there was no way to resend a cover letter. This was a big negative because I had a varied background and needed to emphasize why I was a good match. I also needed to explain my decision to switch careers and except a position that was a lot different than my previous one. Also, there was no way to follow up on jobs that I applied for. The information on some positions was not enough to make a decision whether to apply. I realize that information depends a lot on the employer but sometimes, the job description needed more "meat". I am an older professional and was not interested in applying for every job that listed in my field.

For me, ZipRecruiter features stand out and rise above the rest.

Reviewed on 2/6/2018
Director Of Technology
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I am still evaluating the benefits, however, based on the features I have seen so far, and the ease of use - compared to the rest, it is currently the goto job search/employment application.

Pros: Like most job search sites, ZipRecruiter has the expected features for filling out a profile and uploading a resume. It does, however, have some really great standout features. The tailored suggested job notifications seem to really be in line with the types of positions that are appropriate based on recent searches or key-words. Far too often job alerts from other job search sites are a bit or way off-base from what the intended search goal is. The feature I like best is the notifications that alert you if your resume has been viewed, or if a viewer has given a thumbs up. Additionally, the metrics offered when a resume is viewed multiple times is great. For example, an alert may say "Your resume was viewed a second time - only 25% of applicants have a second view." I think this helps applicants keep a positive outlook and return to using the product. With other job search sites, after sending a resume, you are left in the dark. To top it off, this information is available whether you use the website or the ZipRecruiter mobile app. I use the Android version of the app, and the ZipRecruiter notifications are notifications I look forward to.

Cons: ZipRecruiter offers quite a full-featured job search product, and it is my favorite. If there was an area for improvement, I would say it is the references section. It would be nice to be able to either link to existing references and carry them over (for example via Linkedin) or copy and paste a reference with contact info for verification as an additional option rather than only having the option to ask for a reference.

Making job applications a breeze!

Reviewed on 6/2/2019
Danah A.
Freelance Transcriptionist
Internet, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: If you are looking for a fast and easy experience for looking/applying for jobs, ZipRecruiter should definitely be the first place you look at! It is one of my favorite job search engines out there, as it allows me to look at numerous job openings all at once. Saving some positions to apply to later can definitely come in handy when I need to be somewhere else, but if the quick apply option is there, that cuts down on my time and with just a click I am all done.

Pros: I have used ZipRecruiter to search and apply for many jobs, not only for me but for my husband as well. Here's what I love the most about it: - The ease of finding a job and location using the search tool.
- The positions recommendations it gives (which leads to many other potential positions I may overlook), even in nearby locations of the zipcode I input.
- The "Quick Apply" feature which saves me a ton of time of not having to enter my information again and again.
- The ability to check back and look at all the "Applied Jobs" I've applied to. This gives me a way to check on the status of my application. Most importantly, I am able to see if the employer has or has not viewed my application.

Cons: Personally, I don't think the "Am I Qualified?" button is very helpful. I've tried it before, but it would have me enter my email and yet I wouldn't receive anything. Also, many times I would get an email that says that ZipBot has a message waiting for me and when I press on the link to check my messages on my account, I don't find any. Even when the message icon is clearly showing me that there are messages waiting for me, I can never seem to find any when I press on it. Also, I used to get a lot of emails about job recommendations which would completely overload my inbox. Yes, I would like to receive job recommendations to apply for, but not the amount that I was being sent on a daily basis. I wish there was an option to limit those.

Useful Resorce

Reviewed on 9/8/2019
Tonisha A.
Administrative Assistant
Accounting, 201-500 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: I love the ease of access when looking to staff the facility. I can easily review resumes and find the best candidate for the establishment.

Cons: I haven't found any flaws in this product. It is perfect!

by ZipRecruiter on 14/8/2019

Hi Tonisha,

Thank you for submitting your review and your feedback is valuable to us. I am so happy you found the employer account easy to use and helpful when looking for new staff to employ and we do our best to ensure your experience is a positive one.

I also wanted to introduce you to a new feature called invite to apply, its a free feature you can use for each job you post and invite potential candidates to your job and its a great way to get the word out that you are hiring as well. It also has a matching technology that works in the background to learn what kind of candidates you are searching for on each job ad.

If you need further assistance with anything, feel free to contact our Customer Success Team by calling 877-252-1062 or by email [email protected] and we are available 24/7.

Leticia, Tier II Support
Customer Success Team

Not as helpful as I thought

Reviewed on 31/12/2018
Amanda S.
Clerical
Hospital & Health Care, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: While zip recruiter did help me find many job postings, the postings that came up in my searches did not always apply to the position that I was looking for nor did they necessarily apply to the search dates and I was therefor often shown postings for jobs that were more than a month old and would likely not even be available anymore. The site was not nearly as helpful in finding a job as I thought it would be.

Pros: ZipRecruiter is easy to use and it does provide a decent amount of employment opportunity postings.

Cons: My biggest issue with ZipRecruiter is the reliability of the employment opportunities listed. Many times I have seen job postings and clicked on them only to find that they were actually misleading staffing agency postings that were posted in order to lure people into applying for a job that did not exist. Also, I did often find job postings that did not fit within the search range that I had put in as far as the date of the job posting was concerned.

by ZipRecruiter on 2/1/2019

Hi Amanda,

Thank you for the time you've taken to provide us with your valuable feedback. We're sorry to hear of any less than pleasant experience while utilizing ZipRecruiter for your job search.

We do aim to provide our job seekers with the most relevant search results possible. Our dedicated customer care team would be happy to provide some helpful tips to get the most out of your job seeker profile!

Please feel welcome to email us directly at [email protected] at any time.

If you feel you have come across a job ad that may be against our terms of use, please contact our Trust and Safety team directly at [email protected] They will look into this and get back to you regarding these matters.

We wish you the best of luck on your job search!

Millennial switching industries.

Reviewed on 6/9/2019
Mia R.
Support Specialist
Automotive, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall I’ve gotten more calls for interviews through this job board than anywhere else. This is definitely my go to over Indeed, Craigslist, etc.

Pros: I like that there are updates about most everything. I.e. when or how many times you resume is viewed, if the job has been closed and who you’ve sent your resume to but haven’t heard from. I can also easily share my resume.

Cons: My only critique is that I was the app was a bit more visually pleasing. Other than that, I have no complaints.

ZIPRECRUITER IS TOP NOTCH!!

Reviewed on 6/9/2019
Christopher E.
Branch Manager
Staffing & Recruiting, 10,001+ Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I have had great success with the quality of this service/software. I will continue, as well as my company, to use this feature and benefit to help grow my office, as well as sourcing and recruiting candidates for my company. I am overall very impressed with the ease of use, and the total functionality of the software. ZipRecruiter has been an important part of the staffing industry, and a key element to my business growth.

Pros: ZIpRecruiter's software and functionality is second to none when it come to ease of use and overall productivity and response time. I always receive ample amount of candidates for the staffing and recruiting industry. And the software is overall the EASIEST I have used for sourcing and recruitment compatibility.

Cons: Their customer service and troubleshooting training is a bit sub par, but overall, when it comes down to it, there could be far worse. Sometimes it is difficult to get an answer right away if there is a technical issue that crops up. Also, there are FAR too many candidates that respond to a posting or requisition that are coming from totally DIFFERENT countries. I can't get a job for someone who lives in Saudi Arabia. So that is annoying on a whole.

Zip Recruiter Review

Reviewed on 7/5/2019
Whitney S.
Development Associate
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I think it is a good tool to use whether you are looking for a job or looking for someone to fill your job opening within your organization!

Pros: I have used this software on both sides of the coin. I have used it as someone looking for a job, and also as someone who was looking for an employee for a job I was currently employed too. From the looking for a job stand point, I think this software is very helpful. Actually, the interviews that I got while looking for a job were from organizations reaching out to me on Zip Recruiter, not me sending in my resume to organizations. I really like that the organization has to reach out to you, then you know they are really interested and you are not just sending your resume into someone who already has their candidate picked for their job.

Cons: On the side of looking for someone from inside an organization, I have found it somewhat difficult to teach older generations how to use the software. It is very opposite of what they have in their mind when it comes to finding someone to fill a job opening. They have a hard time approaching people instead of the candidates coming to apply.

Easy, lots of leads but not always a match

Reviewed on 30/9/2019
David M.
Security
Security & Investigations, 201-500 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I used it daily for months at a time during my job transitions.

Pros: I love how easy it is, and how many responses I get. It's easy to submit my info and I do get responses.

Cons: I do sales and programming, but the matches I get include nuclear physicist. While I appreciate the compliment, it doesn't help with the search.

Not a Great Return of Investment

Reviewed on 13/12/2018
Lindsey H.
Project Engineer
Construction, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall, I wasn't happy with the process or the lavishness of ZipRecruiter and didn't feel I got any kind of return on the investment I made with them. Granted, the position we were trying to fill is very specialized, but I have had better luck with other sites that weren't as expensive.

Pros: As a company, we needed to hire employees who had experience in our industry and we needed to hire quickly. I turned to ZipRecruiter for assisstance. At first, it was great. Customer service walked me through everything, made suggestions, helped to edit our ad and make it available to relevant areas and varying states. We were given several options as far as cost and we felt confident on the prospective employees we were hoping to recruit. At first glance, ZipRecruiter seemed to be a good route for finding employees.

Cons: When we were talking to the ZipRecruiter representative, he gave us many options on locations to post our ad, and varying costs of length of time it was going to be available. He was a salesman. He was trying to sell us on some grand plan that would span several regions, being able to post several jobs, and offer all these options. However, as a small company, we weren't looking for some novelty recruiting process with all the bells and whistles. I told him exactly what we needed and the budget and it suddenly turned to a different tone of conversation. We decided on a plan and went from there. While setting up our available position, I was able to set up screener questions to help narrow down candidates. I have done previously with other recruiting sites and knew exactly what questions I needed to ask. To my dismay, the ZipRecruiter rep kept changing my questions! I would change them back to find that they have once again been edited. Upon that, I was displeased with the response I got of applicants and didn't even end up making a single hire. I turned to the other site we have typically hired through and had much more success.

by ZipRecruiter on 15/12/2018

Hi Lindsey,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback as it is greatly appreciated. I know how important it is to make those hires (specialized position or not) and apologize if you weren't able to do so using our system.

If we ever have the pleasure of assisting you with your hiring needs in the future, I would be happy to personally assist you. Please reach out to me personally at [email protected] with the subject "Attention Maxcine" and I can make sure you are set up for success.

Maxcine
Assistant Supervisor

Decent alternative to free job sites, but pricey

Reviewed on 7/2/2019
Web Content Manager
Furniture, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: It was a helpful extra hiring tool for our department, but without utilization by the entire company we couldn't justify the expense.

Pros: ZipRecruiter posts to dozens of different job sites. It also had a pretty intuitive and easy to use dashboard. I will say the quality of candidate typically was a little better than most of the other sites we used. Actually, I found one of my best employees there. However, don't expect to get overwhelmed with quantity; this is a quality play. I wouldn't say it has a lot of unique or unusual features, just that it was easy to use.

Cons: Even with our paid account, we only got one user. So department managers found it hard to use because they had to remember another login that wasn't theirs. Ultimately, the utilization by our managers was low, and because it was paid, we decided it wasn't giving us a good return and cancelled it, because it was paid based on account subscription, not usage or how many jobs you posted, which could be a good or a bad thing depending on your organization. However, if your organization has HR do everything, then this shouldn't be a problem. It might just be a problem for SMBs where hiring is more decentralized.

by ZipRecruiter on 12/2/2019

Hello There,

Thank you for submitting this review, as your feedback is important to us! We understand the importance of being cost effective & I want to let you know that we do have several free features to aid you in your hiring process. Some of these features help improve your visibility to get you in front of a larger audience. Our plans are set up with reusable job slots, which allow you to post several times in the month depending on your hiring needs & you are always able to add new users to your account to make it easier for other employees to access. We would be happy to tailor a plan for you that fits your hiring needs & stays within your budget & if we ever have the pleasure of assisting you with your hiring needs in the future I would be more than happy to help walk you through our free features to improve the performance of your job ads. If you need further assistance please contact our Customer Success Team at 877-252-1062 (24/7)

Katie Tier III

Good, but could be better!

Reviewed on 27/6/2018
Sherry F.
Business Intelligence Analyst
Human Resources, 10,001+ Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I like this software, but it could be and needs to be so much better. I get prospective job listings, but then those same jobs are also listed on all the other job boards too.

Pros: The 1-click apply is a nice feature. I love that there is an app for the phone available. ZipRecruiter has teamed up with Google and ADP to allow the best possible results for job seekers and those needed to hire.

Cons: Suggested jobs show jobs that (in job title) list keywords that do not exist in my resume (example: engineer). Jobs dismissed previously return when you search again. There should be an option to exclude jobs previously dismissed. Jobs I have already applied appear in suggested jobs, and it is not until I click on "1-click apply" that I then see "You have applied". There should be a feature to "tag" the jobs you have applied 1) at the company website or 2) from another job board (LinkedIn, indeed, etc,...). I do not want to be applying to the same role from multiple jobs, and most companies and/or recruiters post everywhere. On the mobile app (android), the jobs without the 1-click apply have issues loading the job description. I would like to be able to review the description, and then save the jobs I am interested in for when I can get to my computer and apply.

Its competitve

Reviewed on 20/9/2019
Sales
Sports, 10,001+ Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I have used it in the job searching and hiring process. I think it is expensive for companies to use unless its through a partnership like ADP to try it out. I also think candidates have a hard time uploading all their information

Pros: 1 stop shop for job searches and candidates. Also to compare your company to others and see reviews of what each job task looks like. great to get information easily.

Cons: There are other platforms I like to use better. For example - LinkedIn is free and allows you to create a more extensive profile. I also like the layout much better.

Recruiting Super Tool

Reviewed on 9/4/2019
Senior Account Executive
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I think this is a great tool for recruiters and managers alike, as it makes the recruiters' job pretty simple and gives them multiple tools to improve their workflow while providing managers with easy coaching information to build their recruiting team even more.

Pros: I love the built-in metrics for recruiters that let me see what's working and what's not. I can see inbound applications and outbound follow up, active recruiting numbers, historical statistics and easily coach my recruiters.

Cons: Customer Support could use some improvements, as it's not always as easy to get answers when they're needed.

by ZipRecruiter on 10/4/2019

Hello There,

Thank you for submitting this review, as your feedback is very important to us! We are happy to hear that you enjoy the many features that we have to offer. It sounds like you are having a great experience with us so far! We hope you are receiving qualified candidates and that you have made some hires! I am sorry to hear that your experiences with our customer support team have not yielded the quality you desired and it can certainly be frustrating when you are looking for an answer to a difficult question. I want you to know that we are now here 24/7 and we are always working to improve the experience for both employers and job seekers. We do appreciate the feedback and we hope to improve your experience in the future. We hope you make those hires soon!

ZipRecruiter Platform

Reviewed on 25/9/2018
Dina M.
Education Management, 10,001+ Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: ZipRecruiter will provide you with jobs and employment options based on your career preferences. Having the ability to input information and have a software generate potential job matches for you is a great resource to have and makes the process more friendly and efficient. The live notifications about when your resume or application is being reviewed by a recruiter or a hiring manager is functional and helps you put your mind at ease!

Pros: ZipRecruiter is one of the easiest platforms to use to help you browse and post employment opportunities. The design of the landing page is easy to navigate, making the process smooth. It also allows you to chat with a recruiter, which is an awesome perk to have as a job seeker. Many career websites do not have this option. Another great option that is accurate based on the information inputted by a job seeker is the customized jobs tab-specific to each person's skills and career interests. Overall, this is an awesome platform!

Cons: The software is great. The only downside to ZipRecruiter is that sometimes it has old job postings that are expired. The company needs to do a better job at ensuring that the job postings are active and not filled to prevent candidates from wasting time on job applications.

ZipRecruiter To the Rescue!

Reviewed on 11/4/2019
Ricky C.
Corporate Operations Manager
Warehousing, 201-500 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: My overall experience with ZipRecruiter was a positive one. If you're looking for a strong tool to connect your company to candidates with specific skillsets, this is the tool. I was able to find and fill a need in a particularly difficult industry to find high level analytical persons but Zip was able to locate very strong candidates that I wouldn't have seen through the regular channels. Thanks Zip!

Pros: The aspects of the software I enjoyed the most are the user friendliness and organization of the different capabilities. I was in a tough situation trying to tediously find candidates and once I got a hold of utilizing zipRecruiter , I was in a much better position. Zip allowed me review more appropriate candidates that fit my area of needs. Not only did it find the right candidate for me, that candidate continues to grow and I believe it's because Zip was able to connect my needs with the candidates skill sets.

Cons: What I liked least about the software was the abundance of communications I would receive as alerts. This is a setting but it took me a few attempts to be able to control the amount coming my way. Yes, I was happy that I was being alerted but it felt no different than the generic approach of receiving emails.

Takes the stress out of matching qualified candidates

Reviewed on 17/5/2019
Thelma H.
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: My overall experience has been good however, I am always seeking products to help generate a more profitable bottom line. I like to shop and compare so I shall consider the features of other companies. Then I will have made the right choice for my needs.

Pros: I have been a recruiter for many years and this software to track and manage candidates makes my job a lot easier. The response rate has been awesome. I am able to track and streamline various jobs and still achieve a higher degree of competence to match the potential placement.

Cons: The time that it takes to submit information can become very time-consuming. Sometimes I just don't have the freedom to spend much more than a brief time doing this. Unfortunately, my biggest peeve is in regard to customer care and speaking with their agents.

by ZipRecruiter on 21/5/2019

Hello Thelma,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review ZipRecruiter, your feedback is very important to us! We are happy to hear that you had a good experience with us and our platform. It is always a great feeling when you successfully make your new hire/hires! We hope they are the perfect fit for your company!

If you need further assistance with anything feel free to contact our Customer Success Team by calling 877-252-1062. We are now available 24/7!

Tier II Support

ZipRecruiter helped us to find qualified candidates for the tech jobs that we were looking to fill

Reviewed on 7/8/2018
Manager Solutions Analytics / Lead Database Developer
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: ZipRecruiter helped us to fill our open positions more quickly and easily than other similar services that we have used. Their pricing is more expensive than almost all similar competitors, but they also provide a better service, which saved us time and helped us to fill positions more quickly, thus offsetting some of the increased costs. If you are looking for highly-skilled applicants and/or applicants with very specific skillsets, then ZipRecruiter is probably your best bet because of their more advanced job criteria settings and search filtering options.

Pros: ZipRecruiter offers a very easy-to-use user interface with more robust functionality than any of the other job posting services that we have used. It was very simple to develop professional job listings, and the ability to copy existing postings and edit them to make other similar postings was very valuable for us. Their site search functionality is excellent and provides multiple filters to narrow down your list of potential candidates. Their suggested candidates and email notifications worked very well to proactively notify us of potential new candidates for our open positions.

Cons: The pricing is quite expensive compared to similar services, although the advanced features help to offset come of the increased cost by saving time looking for candidates. We received more unqualified candidates applying for our positions than we did with other similar services, which I assume is a result of how easy they make it for users to apply for jobs. The resumes that we received were in a variety of formats and file types, making it difficult to quickly compare potential candidates.

Too Much Noise and Not Enough Quality

Reviewed on 8/2/2019
Director Of Operations
Design, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I appreciate the volume of people that can see a posting, and for that reason, it can be an effective way to get a lot of applicants. However, most of the applicants are in no way relevant to the position, and we have never successfully hired a candidate from ZipRecruiter. It's not the worst tool out there, but it takes a lot of additional time and resources to wade through the junk.

Pros: ZipRecruiter is easy to use in general, and it's intuitive for novice HR professionals, which is great.

Cons: The vast majority of resumes we receive from ZipRecruiter have nothing to do with our job posting, don't meet the minimum requirements, and are from all over the country even if we specify location. It felt like constant spam mail and a waste of resources. Not to mention, ZipRecruiter is incredibly expensive versus other recruiting tools.

by ZipRecruiter on 12/2/2019

Hello,

Thank you for submitting this review, as your feedback is important to us! I'd like to apologize for your experience of receiving candidates that did not fit your hiring needs. We know how important it is for you to make those hires efficiently & in a timely manner & we are sorry to hear that you were not happy with your results! Something we always recommend is adding screening questions to help auto-filter & to use our rating tool to improve our matching algorithm. There are a few free features that we provide to help improve the performance of your ad. We always recommend social media integration to widen your audience. If we ever have the pleasure of assisting you with your hiring needs in the future I would be happy to personally walk you through those additional features to help filter & optimize. Please reach out to me personally at [email protected] with the subject "Tier III" & I can make sure you are set up for success.

Tier III Support

Want more candidates? Use Ziprecruiter!

Reviewed on 18/8/2018
Romy A.
Recruiter
Staffing & Recruiting, 1,001-5,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall, Ziprecruiter is a great tool that helps us in our recruitment efforts. It drives more inbound candidates, and is a good addition on top of sourcing and outreach of candidates. Let us remember that not all candidates are on LinkedIn, and with that, we still need the help of Ziprecruiter.

Pros: Ziprecruiter is one of the job posting websites where we put the job openings we are recruiting for. What I like most from Ziprecruiter is the easy process they've provided to recruiters like us in posting job ads. Ziprecruiter is also very famous to job seekers so once we post our job openings there, we got a lot of inbound candidates. I also like the email notification that I receive from Ziprecruiter whenever I receive inbound candidates because aside from providing you the summary of the application or the candidate, it also attaches the candidate's pdf or word resume.

Cons: What I least like about Ziprecruiter is its basicness. It is not timely to millennial job seekers now. I hope Ziprecruiter update their job posting database so that we can add design and catchy colors to our job postings rather than sticking to the normal boring job postings.