15 years helping Irish businesses

Yelp Guest Manager Reviews

About Yelp Guest Manager

Simplify FOH busywork while growing your following with our high-intent network, so you can focus on the guest.

Learn more about Yelp Guest Manager

Pros:

Yelp Reservations is quick and easy when you are looking to book or make a reservation at a particular location. It is user friendly and the app is easy to use.

Cons:

I dislike Yelp as a company, as they are trying to jump on the Woke Movement bandwagon.

Yelp Guest Manager ratings

4.6
4.3
4.5
4.4

8.6/10

Yelp Guest Manager has an overall rating of 4.5 out 5 stars based on 337 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Yelp Guest Manager before?

Phoebe
Phoebe
Tutor & Website Design in US
Writing & Editing, 51–200 Employees

The Top Application for Your Restaurant!

Comments: Our small restaurant wants to expand to multiple locations in California. By using Yelp Reservations, we can see how we would manage multiple restaurants as our customer base has continually grown over the past year.

Pros:

Yelp Reservations helps me easily handle customers through managing reservations and contacting my customers on the go. Besides working in (online) education, I also help manage a small restaurant in a very populated city. Our soft opening was insane but the experience was amazing thanks to the accessibility of Yelp Reservations. Our team could find where to see who was on the wait-list and who was waiting to be seated for reservations.

Cons:

I did not find any problems with using Yelp Reservations in our small restaurant. It is very restaurant and customer friendly.

Daria
Owner in US
Arts & Crafts, 2–10 Employees

One stop

Comments: Frustration-free experience. Booking is very simple and takes 30 seconds.

Pros:

I like that it’s a one stop shop for me, I find the restaurant on yelp and make reservations without having to call. It’s also nice to see current wait times, very convenient,

Cons:

I didn’t notice any cons whatsoever. I guess the only thing is if you need a special table like a view or in a specific area of a restaurant you’d have to call.

Jenny
Brand Director in US

I've used Yelp Reservations when I've been on Yelp and see reservations are available.

Pros:

If I'm already on Yelp looking for a restaurant and I happen upon a restaurant I definitely want to make a reservation at and see reservations are possible to book via Yelp directly, I'll use Yelp Reservations. The user experience is quick and seamless and comparable to reservation competitors like OpenTable and Resy. I like that because it's familiar, it's easy and it's not overcomplicated. The email confirmation follow-up is always good, too. Pretty standard, but good nonetheless.

Cons:

I dislike 2 main things about Yelp Reservations. First (on desktop) if you're on Yelp Reservations then decide to change what cuisine or what neighborhood you're looking for in the search bar, the search generates regular Yelp results vs. Yelp Reservation results. You have to click "Make a Reservation" again at the top, which is annoying and makes the experience slightly less seamless. It's not a HUGE issue, but one or two extra steps to a consumer is one too many since the reservation booking alternatives don't have this issue. Second, it's frustrating that the search results generate neighborhoods FAR beyond the neighborhood you're searching for. It makes sense for neighborhoods relatively near the original neighborhood search to pop up but it's just not OK for neighborhoods in different states to pop up. I'd MUCH rather have less search results pop up.

Karissa
Karissa
Teacher in US
Primary/Secondary Education, 10,000+ Employees

Great for Planning Outings!

Pros:

Upon downloading the app, it’s incredibly easy to sign in or create an account. Then, you can filter the types of restaurants or places you were looking for by price, location, hours operating and rating. You can even make appointments or reservations which is a big convenience. My husband and I love to go out to eat so we love looking at the reviews and pictures of dishes to try.

Cons:

The old version of this app was difficult to maneuver and wasn’t very user-friendly. However since they have updated it, it is incredibly easy and user-friendly.

Özgür
Özgür
Product Development Supervisor in Türkiye
Automotive, 10,000+ Employees

Easy to manage search, review and reservations from one app

Comments: Yelp is amazing for the reviews; but has room for development when it comes to reservations. Restaurant network needs to be bigger and also communication with the restaurants need improvement for confirmation purpose. In short, requires still some time to be enough - but good as a start.

Pros:

Yelp is an amazing app. Not only for the honesty of the reviews but also for the reservation feature as well. The best thing is that online reservation which prevent you to interact with restaurant employees; especially if they speak a different language. This really saves life when you're in abroad and looking for a restaurant. You can list and sort your reservations and also see contact information and address as well. You can also see it in calendar and manage.

Cons:

One consequence is that Yelp is not common yet for the reservations. For example, Open Table is much more common. Another issue is that sometimes restaurants does not see the reservation; so you may be surprised when you go to the restaurant and ask for your table. You definitely need to download the app in order to manage reservations, read full reviews or e.g. menu photos to see.

Heather
Heather
owner in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Not Great

Comments: I find it a decent app but not my go to anymore.

Pros:

Yelp is good for local shops and businesses as that seems to be their focus. They provide reviews and photos for customers which again is very helpful when making decisions.

Cons:

Yelp does not always update their system meaning that some places will say they are still open but they are really closed. The other con is not every review is visible meaning you have to be someone who leaves a lot of reviews on the site inorder for your review to be seen.

Harsh
Harsh
Software Development Engineer in US
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

Great website to check restaurant's review and book

Comments: As I mention to my friends, looking for a restaurant, go check them on Yelp and you can easily decide whether to go or not.

Pros:

It has most reviews about any restaurant. It becomes "one place to book a restaurant" website where you can order, pay, check review, view photos, get the directions and even message the restaurant. What else do you need when you are hungry and don't have to browse different websites.

Cons:

Sometimes I feel disappointed when Yelp doesn't allow to place order as they don't have tie-up with the website.

Patrick
Patrick
Associate, Commercial Division in US
Real Estate, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Easiest Restaurant Reservation Software

Comments: Overall, I think this is one of the best online reservation softwares available.

Pros:

I absolutely love Yelp Reservations because it allows you to read reviews about a restaurant before making a reservation.

Cons:

The one thing that I don't like is that sometimes you can get a reservation for a specific time by calling the restaurant directly even though it may not be listed on this software as available.

Ramin
Ramin
Mortgage Loan Officer in US
Real Estate, 501–1,000 Employees

Easy to use, does what it needs to do- on the site anyway, may as well use it.

Comments: It's an easy tool. I would even advise Yelp to extend it towards gyms and healthclubs something similar to a classpass model where people can just sign up for a class through Yelp.

Pros:

It's simple and since we're on Yelp trying to determine where to go, what to eat it's a great tool to just take care of the reservation while we're on the page instead of going to opentable.com. There's not a lot more to rave about, it just does what it needs to do!

Cons:

I cannot think of anything I would dislike. I've used it a handful of times and so far the restaurants seem to have a handle on it. I would actually use this more often if restaurants utilized the services more but I would imagine it costs money to do so.

Krista I.
Krista I.
Dental Hygienist in US
Medical Practice, 11–50 Employees

Used it multiple times for reservations

Comments: Good- I plan to continue to use it.

Pros:

I like yelp res. because i was able to see different restaurants and decide where I wanted to eat/reserve. My husband and I use it often when we travel-especially for NYC.

Cons:

There was not very much that I did not like about the program/reservation.

Anvita
Anvita
Tutor in US
Education Management, Self Employed

Yelp Reservations is Convenient

Comments: Overall my experience with Yelp Reservations has never disappointed. I find it convenient that the software indirectly indicates when a restaurant has reservations available or when they even accept them. I have made many reservations for my family or groups of friends at various restaurants and every time the restaurant has been expecting our arrival. I would recommend using Yelp Reservations especially when you are already browsing through Yelp for information on the restaurant you are planning on visiting because you can get everything done in one place!

Pros:

What I like most about Yelp Reservations is that if I am browsing reviews and menus on a restaurant I know I want to visit, I have the convenient option of making a reservation quickly online. I like that I do not have to call, and that Yelp Reservations basically "filters" for me which restaurants even have the option to make reservations. I also really like that they have a wide range of times that are still available, and that I can put how many guests and that I receive a confirmation email so I know that my reservation has been successful.

Cons:

There is not much to dislike about Yelp Reservations as it is a straight forward software that allows guests to make a reservation. Because I am so detail oriented, sometimes I do not like the doubt in my mind that maybe the restaurant did not receive my reservation, or the uncertainty that maybe the online options are not the most updated ones. I remember being skeptical about how the reservation system worked via Yelp the first time I used it, because I felt more comfortable calling the restaurant directly to make sure it was scheduled, but it turns out those doubts were for nothing as Yelp Reservations seems to have the most updated times available. I dislike not being in direct communication with the restaurant, in case more/other guests have called the restaurant and scheduled reservations at the same time as me, because Yelp does not indicate the volume of reservations at your selected time, and if the restaurant is contacted directly they may be better able to suggest a time that is less busy, or can confirm that there are still plenty of reservations available.

Christina
Realtor in US
Real Estate, 11–50 Employees

Yelp Keeps Improving - Enjoy Yelp Reservations!

Comments: Yelp Reservations has many benefits not only to use the user but also to the restaurant! Everything is digital and the you don't have to spend time calling, which requires the host at the restaurant to answer the phone (which is usually busy and loud!), and then having to say how many people are in your party, what your name is and spell your name, what time the reservation is, and also asking how long the wait is. Yelp Reservation provides you with all this information right at your fingers tips - you already know how long the wait is or if there is no wait, you can easily type in your name and information and then you get a confirmation and email - what a time saver! The restaurant and the user are on the same page when you arrive - avoiding phone call conversation mistakes and errors! Great job Yelp Reservations, I'd highly suggest any Yelp user to use Yelp Reservations - it just makes like simpler and easier!

Pros:

I've been relying on Yelp since they first began. I frequently check Yelp on my desktop, laptop, and I have the app on my phone. Yelp has really stepped up it's game and I appreciate that Yelp really filters reviews and gives the use a trusting experience and recommendation be it for restaurants, take out, cleaning services, medical, people, shops, the list goes on! Yelp Reservations has taken Yelp to the next level because it offers users an easier way to make a reservation - you can easily see what times are available, how long the wait is, and instantly send a reservation request to the restaurant without having to call. What a great additional service that Yelp Reservations had added to Yelp!

Cons:

I have no complaints. Yelp is very user friendly and has made reviews and dining experiences less hectic and overall easier for everyone!

Perfect for our 200+ seat restaurant

Pros:

I liked that Yelp Reservations made it easy to mark/manage/update a very large restaurant floor plan in realtime. In addition, people could make online reservations easily without fuss, and there were lots of options to customize reservation making and restaurant pacing.

Cons:

I did not like that the functionality was slightly different between the main laptop used and the iPads. Some buttons functioned differently, some with less of the same options.

Real Estate, 51–200 Employees

Great Experience - Always room for improvement

Comments: Be where your competition isn't!

Pros:

On a website where reputation and reviews dominate, why not incorporate a way of making reservations through the platform as well. I love the idea of having a Yelp user check our website for pictures and reviews, and then further directly converting from the platform to make a reservation.

Cons:

My only complaint is that the follow through with the leads we receive from reservations isn't super high. We have a huge drop off from number of reservations we receive vs. how many actually come in.

Medical Practice, 10,000+ Employees

Super cool option to save you time

Comments: This is overall such a great resource for the average consumer! A must try for you during your next free time!

Pros:

Yelp has always been a great resource for me to figure out more about the places around me and especially in regards to food options. Now this yelp reservations is an awesome tool for you to get ahead of the game and plan out your day and evening effectively to save you time and maximize your fun! Use it quick and easily with the app!

Cons:

The app did have a few glitches at first, but recently it has really been on par. It’s honestly at about the same level as other options out there, but I think more people using it and putting out reviews could really help point them in the right direction.

Julia
Julia
Personal Trainer/Small Business Owner in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed

Great way to find and compare restaurants, shops, hotels, etc. in any area I'm unfamiliar with.

Comments: Easy way to find local eateries wherever I am

Pros:

I love that Yelp gives you your proximity to current location, it's easy to compare places (if you click on a place that you are looking at, it opens in a new window which means you don't lose where you were looking). Reviews are by real people, and have typically steared me in the right direction. Great to have photos too!

Cons:

Anyone with an opinion can right it - whether they know anything or not. It's a bit of a catch 22 - anyone can provide a review but if they have a bad experience and rate someone horribly, star ratings go down and I do pay attention to that.

Elizabeth
Behavioral Therapist in US
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Need Help? Use Yelp!

Comments: All in all, Yelp is an amazing app that has made finding good restaurants easy.

Pros:

Yelp is a super useful and efficient app that helps you find just what you are looking for. It allows users access to consumer reviews, photos, restaurant menus, fast booking (online reservations), pre-assigned table/seating, current wait times, and much more- to ensure that customers find the right restaurant every time regardless of the occasion.

Cons:

Yelp Reservations sends you an email confirmation once you have made an online reservation, but does not allow you to digitally track your reservation, which can often make you feel uneasy (wondering if the restaurant received your request or if particular timeslot is even available).

Joseph
Bartender in US
Restaurants, 11–50 Employees

Lot of set up intially

Comments: Great experience with good customer service

Pros:

Once everything is pre-set the system pretty much can run on its own

Cons:

A lot of time and planning is spent setting up how you want your restaurant flow to go

jurija
Marketing Manager in US
E-Learning, 51–200 Employees

Reservation availability varies

Pros:

I already use Yelp to look up foods in my own city and when I travel so having the option to book a reservation while I already in the app is great.

Cons:

Not all restaurants offer reservations from the app - it's rare to find a gem restaurant with reservations via Yelp. Easier to find reservations on OpenTable.

Ronda
DOE in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Employees

Easy to use

Comments: It is something that is a common name for customers and businesses.

Pros:

That for the customer its a no brainier. Touch and click and by the evening your out with friends or families having dinner at your favorite restaurant.

Cons:

I can say I don't have any complaints unless I need to make one up in my head.

Cami
Realtor in US
Real Estate, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Yelp Reservations Rocks

Pros:

I love this app! I make all my reservations on Yelp and have not had one fall through or be a problem. I select the restaurant, time and number of people and once I submit the request, I get a text confirmation with my details and off we go to have lunch or dinner. Great for setting up meals with clients or friends and family. Love love love it.

Cons:

None at this time, I have not had any negative or less than positive situations while using Yelp Reservations.

Erin
UIUX designer in US
Design, 2–10 Employees

Yelp app review

Pros:

large database of restaurant and value reviews

Cons:

Yelp Elite Squad system is confusing for user

Internet

Not very impressed with Yelp

Comments: I really don't get very many benefits from this software. It hinders my work more than it helps. I wouldn't suggest it.

Pros:

The website is easy to get to. I like the color red. The name of Yelp is interesting. Other than that, it's difficult to say anything else good.

Cons:

The reviews are fake. The algorithms are irritating. The constant calls from Yelp salespeople are extremely annoying. I don't like Yelp Reservations and/or Yelp overall.

academic advisor in US
Higher Education, 51–200 Employees

Easy to use way to make a reservation at a restaurant

Comments: Used this to check in to my favorite restaurant(s), and put myself on the waiting list. It was quick and easy.

Pros:

It's integrated with Yelp, so I can check in and/or write reviews, too. It was super simple to use, and worked just fine. It notified me when my table was ready.

Cons:

Nothing, really. It did what it was supposed to, and worked great. Honestly, there wasn't anything to complain about, and it was problem-free.

german
CEO in Colombia
Entertainment, 2–10 Employees

perfect match to know places

Comments: choosing places is a complex job and with yelp we can select according to user reviews, it never fails.

Pros:

When our employees travel abroad, they use this tool to select the places to go. restaurants and places.

Cons:

There are many countries where the tool still does not work, for example in Colombia there is very little presence of the product.