15 years helping Irish businesses

About GoCodes

Affordable and easy-to-use scheduled and preventative maintenance management using smartphones & cloud-based software.

Learn more about GoCodes

Pros:

Phone app works really well with the included bar codes. Like that ordinary users can scan the code and send admins a message stating they have the product.

Cons:

Only issue I've had is stickers sent to us that we already have in our system and assigned to an item already. This is very frustrating when in a hurry.

GoCodes ratings

4.4
4.4
4.1
4.3

8.1/10

GoCodes has an overall rating of 4.4 out 5 stars based on 240 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used GoCodes before?

Hire an iPad - Phone +353 86 2239 678 in Ireland
Business Supplies & Equipment, 2–10 Employees

Managing iPads

Comments: I am a repeat purchaser and its a reasonably priced product that gives a lot of functionality for the price.

Pros:

The online activation and tracking is excellent. I have a rental business and checking assets in and out is quick and simple compared to the time consuming manual way I did it before. Simple to add new assets once you get the hang of it,

Cons:

I cannot really figure out the depreciation reports but thats not why I bought the tags so it does not matter to me. Would be nice to have a feature to add multiple activations where say only the serial number of the asset needed changing.

5 years ago

Hello Michael, thanks for providing your feedback. We would be happy to explain how our IRS GAAP deprecation reports work is needed. Also, did you know that there are three ways to add lots of assets quickly. There is a scan and copy feature, mass update feature and an upload. These three should really help you with data entry for new assets. As always call or email for additional assistance.

Jason
MGR Customer Care in US
Machinery, 11–50 Employees

Go Codes saving me time

Comments: Helps me save time!

Pros:

I can identify machines on sites when a tech does not send me info. I have found lost units and identified what unit we were looking for.

Cons:

Could always have room for more pictures on site Sometimes when searching there is a glich from the search---

Alternatives Considered: QuickBooks Online and EZOfficeInventory

Reasons for Switching to GoCodes: Pricing at the time . QB just not where it needed to be at the time!

2 years ago

Hello Jason, love to hear that you rate us 10 out of 10! Specially that we save you so much time tracking your equipment.

Joe
President in US
Environmental Services, 11–50 Employees

Product Review

Comments: Frustrating. We have had the system for several years and still not utilizing it correctly. Part is our field staff buy in but the rest is ability to capture the data needed to track in accounting system.

Pros:

See the potential and notifications for low inventory. Like the ability to add custom thumbnails and scanning feature.

Cons:

Implementation challenges, reporting, and integration is lacking. No follow up from GoCodes support to ensure we are utilizing software to it's max potential and confirm our setup is as efficient as possible. Feel like once we purchased the product we were left on an island to figure it out.

Alternatives Considered: QuickBooks Online

Reasons for Switching to GoCodes: Mobile friendly. The demo seemed to check all the boxes but our experience has not been as expected.

3 months ago

Hello Joe, We offer a custom reporting module which I would be happy to tell you about. We also offer free Zoom consultations to help with setup and training and reach out to all customers via email and phone to schedule them. Sounds like you may have missed our email. I will email you today to get a consultation setup at your convienience.

Kim
Office Manager in US
Education Management, 2–10 Employees

Go Codes Helpful in SLP setting

Comments: We really like the fairly easy system. It was hard to manually track these items.

Pros:

Go codes is a great way to keep track of assessments of student therapists. They need to share the assessments and this way we know when and where it was used and for how long.

Cons:

I would like to see an easier way to scan or check out items. The layout takes a bit to under stand and use.

2 months ago

Hello Kim, Thank-you for the great review and pleased to hear GoCodes is helping you manage your assessement materials.

Elizabeth
Secretary in US
Education Management, 501–1,000 Employees

Great product & experience

Comments: Free trial was helpful and helped us decide to move forward with the purchase of the subscription.

Pros:

Easy to add/delete things, very intuitive product (easy to use).

Cons:

I wish the customized columns had a "paragraph" type of option so that we would have another area to make notes about the asset.

Alternatives Considered: Follett Destiny Library Manager and Charms

Reasons for Switching to GoCodes: Liked GoCodes options and ease of use compared to Charms. Using Destiny in conjunction with GoCodes.

3 years ago

Hi Elizabeth, thanks for the awesome review. I'll share your feedback on the customized columns with the development team.

Laura
CEO in US
Education Management, 11–50 Employees

Great product...needs a few tweaks

Comments: It's been a support

Pros:

WE like the ability to track online and make changes from our phones

Cons:

The order of barcodes that go from the last number given when we need more or when we renew would be great...the cost is higher than we thought it should be

2 years ago

Hello Laura, I'm delighted to hear that you see GoCodes as a great product that includes software and custom barcode labels setup and ready to go.

Ruth
Ruth
Project Management in Switzerland
Management Consulting, 11–50 Employees

stock overview

Comments: Great thing. Happy what we have reached on automazation so far (using the customized fields for our specific needs). And very happy that the alert on minimum quantities was introduced so fast. Looking forward to more improvements.

Pros:

Easy check-in/out, automated emails when low quantity is reached, ability to draw inventory/order list

Cons:

reports need to be formatted to excel each time manually. I also need to delete many fields each time manually. Would be great if I could create a template of my customized report and would have it on one click in future. I also calculate order quantity minus stock quantity (enter formula in excel) each time I prepare material order. would be great to have this report automated. Why can I scan codes without logging in? was confusing until I found out (why it was that I was asked if it was my item). I guess there is a reason but does it make sence to be on first level? Your format of labels are only available in US as far as I know...

5 years ago

Hello Ruth, thanks for the review and glad to hear you like using GoCodes. Did you know we have an optional reporting module that would allow you to design and save custom reports charts and dashboards?

Christie
PR and Corporate Communications Manager in US
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 501–1,000 Employees

GoCodes for Event Management

Comments: Great experience and value for the price of the platform.

Pros:

Our Marketing team can see what assets are checked out, at which events, and when they are expected. We use GoCodes to show our internal customers the type of event assets they can choose from. We track the condition of assets and where they are stored so we know where to deploy them to. The reporting function is great so that we know what is out in the field still, who it has been assigned to and when we can expect it back.

Cons:

Customer support service could be improved so that it is more timely and efficient.

3 months ago

Hello Christie, Thanks for the 10/10 rating!

Brian
BIM, Prefabrication Division manager in US
Construction, 501–1,000 Employees

Shipping and Inventory review, 2000 assets per year

Comments: Have not had any bad experiences with the software. Everything seems to work well, and was easily adapted in the construction field.

Pros:

Ease of use importing data. Scanning works well. Geographical location is nice for locating assets. We have not used the warehousing section yet. Overall, if you need a easy quick solution to inventory tracking, and shipping tracking, this works very well.

Cons:

Cost of additional QR codes seems a bit high.

3 months ago

Hello Brian, Thank you for your review.

Lisa
Demo Coordinator in US
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

Demo equipment

Comments: it has been good, working with it everyday

Pros:

easy get to a product and figure out where it is

Cons:

not bringing over comments, from the other comp.

2 months ago

Hello Lisa, Thank you for the 10/10 review!

Anatoly
Partner in Norway
Furniture, 2–10 Employees

Gocodes Review

Comments: Overall good, but as mentioned, lacking some basic functions that would make it great and reccomendable.

Pros:

What I like most is that it provides a fast and easy solution to keeping track of the furniture we have loaned-out.

Cons:

This software has potential to be very good, but it lacks some features. 1. Images in Asset List view: Could be improved by thumbnail images for all assets. Currently, the user needs to hover over one by one in order to see a the asset image, or change views entirely. 2. If I check-in an asset manually, it still shows the previous scanned location on the map. A work around is to always scan assets when we check them in, but do not always have time for that. We can manually change the location, but it is also time consuming. If we check in at our location, it is obvious that the asset has moved. IT would be nice if this could be automated better. 3. Ability to do basic editing of asset images. Simple Rotate, Crop, Mirror, Would make it much faster and easier. Currrently we need to edit each image before uploading, and if we want to make a change, like show the asset in a mirrored position or increase the images brighness, we need to upload a new image entirely.

3 years ago

Hello Anatoly, thanks for sharing your feedback and suggestions. I will share you feedback with the development team.

Melissa
Associate Director of Care Services in US
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 11–50 Employees

Great Program for Organizing Inventory

Comments: We are greatly satisfied with using GoCodes at the ALS Association St. Louis Regional Chapter. While it is time consuming to scan and enter everything on the front end, it makes it so easy to keep track of who has what piece of equipment and what is available to our patients. The app is user friendly and makes the process of checking in/out so easy while on the road.

Pros:

This is an easy to use program that allows me to inventory all of our assistive technology and durable medical equipment that we loan out to patients. The app allows us to check in/out on the go and with ease. I can easily run a search to see how many of each type of device we have and what is available to loan out.

Cons:

I wish there were more features in the reports that can be ran (ie how long a piece of equipment has been out).

2 years ago

Hello Melissa, thank you for taking the time to share your positive review of GoCodes. I'm pleased to hear that we're helping you track and manage your loaned DME equipment. You mention wanting a report that shows how long a piece of equipment has been checked out. Did you know you can get that information from the Asset Assignment report or via the Enterprise Reporting feature were we can show how long each item has been checked out, measure utilization and more.

Christi
Office Admin in US
Construction, 11–50 Employees

GoCodes for construction asset management

Comments: It's difficult for me to get my field workers on board if they don't understand how to use it, but because Go Codes doesn't provide training materials, I have had to create my own. My rep makes me feel stupid every time I call to ask for help.

Pros:

Expensive tools and equipment get moved around on a daily basis here. Having a tracking system is helping to make that process less chaotic.

Cons:

The process of setting up and rolling out this program has been very time consuming. We have had to label every single piece of equipment and tools and now I'm tasked with training the field staff on how to use the app. I asked my rep if there were any already existing training tools (power point presentations, manuals), but they just directed me to the youtube videos that are really only for admin use, not field use. Also, it would be great to have some resources in Spanish since the construction industry has a high volume of Spanish speaking workers.

3 years ago

Hello Christi, thanks for taking the time to review GoCodes. I will take your suggestion about wanted training materials for your team and see what we have available.

simon
Operations Manager in Norway
Food & Beverages, 11–50 Employees

Review from Norway

Comments: GoCodes is a great management system and very easy to use. I would how ever pay more for a better product. There are a few things that don't work as one would wish. for example different time zones don't work. export to excel does not work. There are a few more features that would make it better and i would pay more for.

Pros:

i can see were may assets are on a map. and see all assets info on my mobile or pc.

Cons:

I would like to be able to personalize my account more to our market, I would like to be able to print off of see my assets in Excel, and also with my own Custom Fields, (not possible for me although they say it is) . The date and time zone is a bit problem for us to know when the asset whats installed or purchased 02/04/16 means the 02 of april for us in norway but for gocodes it means 04 of febuary. so this is a feature we cannot use correctly

8 years ago

Thanks for the review. It's possible to export to Excel, there are sometimes some Excel settings which need to be updated for use outside USA/UK. Contact us directly and we can help with this. We are working on adding the local time zone feature.

Elizabeth
Site Manager in US
Facilities Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Functionality of the Service

Comments: The issues has be partially solved

Pros:

It does not take too much time to scan items.

Cons:

inaccuracy in our historical of inventory.

2 years ago

Hello Elizabeth, thank you for taking the time to review GoCodes. Sounds like you experienced an issue but that it's not completely resolved. I know that can be very frustrating and we want to help. Can you please contact a member of our support team via email, phone or chat and we would be delighted to help you.

Edwin
Analyst in Honduras
Textiles, 1,001–5,000 Employees

GoCodes The Best in Inventory

Pros:

It is easy to use, it has tools implemented that help make it easier to search for the inventory physically, you have the information of your digital inventory and without problems, you can download your data from your own GoCodes account and thus work your way too.

Cons:

Just the part of being able to link the GoCodes database with the Power Bi software.

3 years ago

Thanks Edwin for the great review. Delighted to hear you think GoCodes is 'The Best in Inventory'.

Christopher
Program Manager in US
Construction, 51–200 Employees

Great problem wish it had a few more features for actually filtering through equipment and such

Comments: Equipment accountability is very important for what we do. I have found that we can use it for anything within our warehouse to keep track and make people accountable. Very happy with this.

Pros:

Great GPS tracking and map locator App is great and easy to use Easy to train people to use the program. I have this to be nice. Effective for its use.

Cons:

The reports that are produced seem to be a little outdated. A better version of the report or a better template would make it much easier to read. Filtering through equipment is not the best and needs some sort of update

7 years ago

Hi Christopher, thanks for sharing your feedback on GoCodes. You mentioned the filtering and we can help. There are comprehensive features for filtering and grouping asset data using the grid sub-menu. We would be pleased to demonstrate this to you if that would help.

Robby
IT Specialist in US
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 11–50 Employees

Go Code Review

Comments: We have had a great experience with Go Codes and highly recommend it.

Pros:

The product has been a real time saver for us. It makes it so easy to check out equipment for a event and track who is responsible for it. Being a non-profit we get audited every year. The ability to have an update inventory/asset report to turn over has saved us hours of work of tracking down equipment info.

Cons:

The only we wished it did was have an automatic GPS tracking system. That way if equipment is left behind we could track it down. Our staff struggles with scanning it in at every location they attend.

2 years ago

Hello Robby, what a pleasure to read your positive review. We strive hard to make GoCodes the leader in ease of use and effectiveness for tracking your assets. We are working on a feature to include real-time GPS tracking using Bluetooth beacons and should have more to announce later this year.

Brandon
equipment manager in US

Invincible stickers!

Comments: It has allowed me to take my inventory lists from piles of papers and data entry to one quick scan and entry. It saves of hours of labor and I don’t have to worry about keeping track of my inventory log papers anymore.

Pros:

The software is great it provides many ways to categorize or classify your assets. The stickers are metal and practically impossible to scratch off the QR code. The software also provides means of recovering lost assets through contact info and rewards.

Cons:

Sometimes the app freezes during entering the information for the assets and you have to start over on that asset.

6 years ago

Wow, thanks for the great review! We are concerned though that our mobile app is freezing for you and are working on a new release now which should address the issue. If it re occurs, please call our support team directly and we will assist you as an urgent priority. App stability is very important to us for all our customers.

Tom
Equioment logistics manager in US
Construction, 51–200 Employees

A lot to offer

Comments: We have been using GoCodes for almost a year and we have had nothing but a positive experience. The bar codes work Everytime and help us track equipment coming and going. I can also communicated with supervisors through the scan of each code.

Pros:

GPS location, equipment tracking, apps for Android and iPhone.

Cons:

Atvthe mercy of the scan, no scan, no trackability

8 years ago

Thanks for the review. Affordable real-time tracking is the holy grail for many customers. Were working on it. Unfortunately the only solutions available today cost significantly more and have additional limitations.

Paul
Equipment Manager in US
Civil Engineering, 11–50 Employees

Great Product, could use a few tweaks to get it perfect

Comments: This software absolutely changed the way we track our assets. There is a learning curve so at first I wasn't sure about it but now it is really great.

Pros:

Ease of sorting, grouping and accountability. History logs are great and easy conversion to Excel is very convenient. Revolutionized the way we track our equipment. Before we were tracking 300+ with an Excel speadsheet.

Cons:

You cannot lock certain fields for other types of users, so its either everyone has access to all fields or no access to the fields at all. This becomes a problem when some fields need to stay permanent and others need to change on a recurring basis. This also makes it more difficult to train people to use the App as they are unsure about which fields to change since all fields are available. Also, picture resolution could be a lot better.

5 years ago

Hello Paul, we're pleased to hear you think GoCodes is a great product! We will add field level access control to our enhancement log.

Jen
Information Security Officer in US
Banking, 51–200 Employees

Great for track of peripherals

Comments: We were looking for an easy way to keep track of hundreds of printers, scanners, monitors, and other equipment that isn't connected using the network. Go Codes stood out to us as offering great pricing, an easy to use interface, and flexibility in designing our ID tags. We looked at other companies offering similar solutions, but it was the simple deployment that sold me and my team on Go Codes.
Our sales representative was easy to get a hold of and quick to respond with any pre-sales questions or concerns. Post deployment support is reliable and also fast to reply with any questions on of the staff may have.
I would recommend Go Codes for any company looking for an easy to use asset tag and inventory tracking solution.

Pros:

Easy to get started tagging and tracking. Branding and customizing of asset tags.

Cons:

Certain fields within the item description are vague, and it would be nice to have more control over customizing our fields.

Computer & Network Security, 51–200 Employees

GoCodes is highly functional but it could improve in a lot of ways

Comments: I like GoCodes but i think it can be improved it many ways

Pros:

I haven't had any functionality issues with it yet which means it very reliable.

Cons:

The user interface could be better IT doesnt have an audit trail feature

6 years ago

Thanks for taking the time to review GoCodes and appreciate the reliability of our total solution. You mentioned the Audit Trial feature as missing which is incorrect. All transactions in GoCodes are logged in detail and cane be used in reporting. The History log for each asset can be viewed in the Asset Detail menu or in the Reports Menu area. Please check our knowledge base for more information or contact [email protected]

Brenda
President in US

NOT REALLY REAL TIME GPS TRACKING

Comments: They kindly refunded my membership, and were easy to work with. I have high hopes that they will develop a real live time GPS tracking system like this, it would be changing the construction world as we know it.

Pros:

Like the concept of the easy to use phone app tracking system.

Cons:

The quality of stickers was not good, and I ordered the highest rated. I asked several times if the GPS tracking could be used on tracking tools for a construction company, and was mislead to believe real time tracking was possible. After purchasing, implementing it on multiple tools and data entered in tracking system, learned it does not work unless you literally check each tool in on every job site, every move. Since we operate out of a shop and tools go to several job sites, this would never work.

5 years ago

Hello Brenda, your review is not fair or representative of our service. It's incorrect to state that you were told our solution provided real-time GPS tracking and that's something we never tell customers. In addition, you were provided a free 30 trial and support through your evaluation and while you tried our service out you failed fully test or understand this feature which was critical to your purchase decision. On the topic of the labels, we explained that there was an option to upgrade to a tougher material but you choose the poly labels which are not as tough. While our policy is not to provide refunds, we provided a full refund of your purchase.

Behshid
R&D in New Zealand
Information Technology & Services, 201–500 Employees

GoCodes review

Pros:

That I had the option to add the codes manually or by scanning codes. Also scanning a few codes together and then update all at the same time.

Cons:

I didn't find the mobile version as easy to use as the desktop. One thing I didn't like was that if I forgot to "check out" then what I had added wasn't being added.

6 years ago

Hello Behsid, thanks for taking the time to review GoCodes and provide specific feedback. Can you explain more for what you mean when you say ' if I forgot to "check out" then what I had added wasn't being added.' Is this on the desktop or app? If you can provide more information we would be happy to investigate further.