15 years helping Irish businesses

About TimeCamp

TimeCamp is a 100% free time tracker for unlimited users. Manage timesheets, attendance, and project profitability in one place.

Learn more about TimeCamp

Pros:

It was pretty good at the time to track time spent on projects, but after realizing that the same task can be done in another product at a cheaper cost, we switched over in 2021 to another project.

Cons:

Sometime adjusting the time that I may have left running by accident can be a bit tricky to change.

TimeCamp ratings

4.5

9.0/10

TimeCamp has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 596 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used TimeCamp before?

Jennifer
Jennifer
Owner in US
Design, Self Employed

I use TimeCamp daily to track my true hourly wage

Comments: Integrating TimeCamp with my business took a few minutes in the beginning. I had to update keywords over a few days to make it a perfect custom fit. Every time I have a new client, I add new keywords - the whole process takes less than a minute.

Pros:

I use the time tracking with keywords every day to track how much time I am spending on each client every month.

Cons:

I have no complaints. There is nothing I would change.

Denise
Denise
Marketing Specialist in US
Marketing & Advertising, 201–500 Employees

Incredibly useful time and task management tool

Comments: A simple program exactly what I was searching for to keep track of the number of hours I work each day. I didn't use the complete version of Timecamp because I didn't require it. I'm satisfied with the free version, which has a limited set of functions but is straightforward to use.

Pros:

It's the automatic timetracking that I like the best. Finding the crucial phrases that will correctly monitor time took some time, but now that I've got it functioning it's fantastic. Compared to rivals, Timecamp's high bandwidth is the second most popular aspect of the service.

Cons:

Time entries can't be moved or deleted from one activity to another or deleted from the system. To better organize and comprehend the data, I'd like to be able to sort the reports table. Personalization of invoices is another something I'd like to see.

Nicos
System Designer in Cyprus
Construction, 2–10 Employees

Easy to use

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Easy to setup and use, much easier than other time trackers.

Cons:

A bit clunky and buggy but still worked. Sometimes when I'm a hurry it was a pain to go past the bugs.

Shana
Accountant in Canada
Design, 11–50 Employees

Company has disreputable billing practices

Comments: Well it was great until the billing issue noted above. Now I feel like they are disreputable.

Pros:

Our staff like the ease of use of the product for time tracking.

Cons:

Billing practices. Apparently they do not offer refunds. In the beginning we were paying monthly, but switched to annual billing. We realized when renewal came around that 1/2 our users were no longer using the software so we cancelled those users. However, when I contacted the company about a refund, they said they would hold the credit toward future subscriptions (but we are moving away from Timecamp so this is not helpful), but they do not offer refunds. So in other words, they are taking our money for something we aren't using. If we had stuck with monthly billing, this would not have been a problem. So word of warning - stick with monthly billing so you can cancel and avoid the issue we had.

Bart
Office Manager in Belgium
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

TimeCamp is a very quick and easy-to-use tool for time tracking

Comments: As an office manager, it's very easy to teach our employees how to use TimeCamp and it's also very easy to export the timesheets into an Excel file. Overall a very easy and flexible tool to work with.

Pros:

There are different ways to input your tracked time. You can register your tasks in real time or you can input it per day or week. This allows all of our employees the flexibility of tracking the way they want to. TimeCamp's UI is also very intuitive, which makes the tool very easy to use

Cons:

At times TimeCamp can be a little buggy. I feel they might have some troubles with their servers sometimes. Luckily this is only in rare instances.

Álvaro
Producer in Sweden
Entertainment, 501–1,000 Employees

Excellent Time Tracker

Comments: I am now able to see where I spend my time and what my working hours are worth.

Pros:

The time tracker, the feature I'm using the most to measure my time and budget, works like a charm. Once you've set up the keywords, you don't need to worry about anything else.

Cons:

Setting up the automatic time tracking might take a bit of time to get it right, but totally worth it.

Ryan
Ryan
Digital Designer in South Africa
Design, 11–50 Employees

I hate tracking time but for the invoices I must

Comments: Other than the blips at times, I like Timecamp. It works and because I can go back and edit recorded times makes the world of difference.

Pros:

I've been using Timecamp as an extension to Trello and it's made life so much easier. I can track time on a project at the click of a button and stop that timer in the very same way.

Cons:

On Trello I sometimes click stop and think it stopped but then it did not. Like all softwares there's a part of it that doesn't always function because of a weird blip.

Valerian
Valerian
Managing Director in US
Information Services, 2–10 Employees

Excellent time-tracker & budgeting

Comments: Overall, very easy to get started and use yet packed with powerful advanced features. If you want time AND budget tracking then use TimeCamp.

Pros:

I use TimeCamp with Trello and it helps tremendously to keep my project on time and under budget. Seeing how long tasks are taking allows constant evaluation and improvement. But, the real differentiator for TimeCamp is budgeting. I used to track project funds on spreadsheets then switch back and forth between another time tracker. TimeCamp allows me to keep everything elegantly in one place. Time is money! Track them both in TimeCamp.

Cons:

Some of the advanced features need better tutorials…videos are old and knowledge base is dated. Feature requests for Trello integration: estimate card time before starting timer, show running elapsed time on card while in board view.

Joe
Joe
DevOps Engineer in New Zealand
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Simple, Easy To Use and Solves Time Monitoring Problems within projects

Pros:

Being able to simply track time worked on different projects by different business analysts was always tricky, often analysts would be guessinmating at the end of the week. TimeCamp have solved this issue and we can now accurately track and invoice hours spent on each project.

Cons:

I cant think of any cons, it does exactly what our org needs to track and manage time. Thank you TimeCamp!

Business Administrator in US
Accounting, 2–10 Employees

A great way to track hours for billing or for tracking time on projects

Comments: A great tool for tracking billable hours. Very easy to use, you can set up multiple projects and easily time tracking time for any one of them. You can edit the start and end times.. and enter time manually as well.

Pros:

It's super easy to use, very intuitive and flexible. I started tracking my hours in just a minute of opening the app for the first time. The report feature is great... I was able to set it up for a very unusual pay period (semi-monthly).

Cons:

The only thing I would improve is the color scheme. Maybe allow custom colors for different project. Sometimes, after tracking a while on a project - it hangs up (in the mobile app)... not allowing me to "stop" the timer. I have to shut it down and reopen it to stop it.

Entrepreneur in US
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

TimeCamp, making the world more productive!

Comments: I just love TimeCamp especially `Reports > Computer Time including `Dashboard, `Away Time, `Activities, `Categories, `Timetable, `Goals, and `Efficiency which makes tracking time effortless where app productivity can easily be changed by going to `Activities and setting the category where keywords can be added too. Also, TimeCamp makes analysis of `Today, `Week, and `Month easy with these predefined tabs and with the use of `Calendar other ranges can easily be defined by selecting the first date and then holding down the `Shift key on your keyboard while selecting the last date to get statistics for this complete date range, e.g. January 1, 2016 July 15, 2016 to get your year in review. I have been an active user of TimeCamp since September 4, 2012 when they were called TimeandTracking and an avid advocate shortly thereafter letting many others know of this awesome app and the awesome people behind it. I have found all the staff from Kamil (CEO and Co-Founder), Jakub (Support), and many others to be extremely professional and all around great user advocates continually responding to user feedback making TimeCamp not only better, but easier to use and in the process making time tracking so seamless and effortless that there really is no excuse for not always knowing what you are doing which will go a long way in making all users more productive.

Pros:

TimeCamp is just an awesome app and with integration with Asana, it is just that much more awesome. It is great to see TimeCamp growing and evolving to becoming more and more productive and useful with this integration with Asana and their many other Add-Ons and Integrations including Harvest, Trello, Evernote, Xero, and on and on. I have been an avid user of TimeCamp for many years and have had personal interactions with a few of their team members during this time and have always come away impressed and awed with not only their exemplary development and support skills, but for just being all around nice people so it goes without saying that the TimeCamp app and team rock big time and comes highly recommended so give them a shot, what do you have to lose.

Cons:

Infrequently, but it has happened a few times that TimeCamp had an inability to track data in multiple browsers. Would also be great to be able to increase productivity range of levels from (-1 to +1) to (-2 to +2) to more clearly understand time spent on sites and or tasks that are sometimes productive, but sometimes distracting as well. Finally, the ability to add more categories and subcategories to more precisely define tasks would be a good all around feature to have.

8 years ago

Hello John! Thank you so much for a long and comprehensive review - reading it pleases us and will help us to find what needs to be improved to make TimeCamp better for our users. It's so nice to hear that you utilize our features and add-ons with the tool integrates. We're still trying to fix all the bugs to synchronize time tracking on different platforms and browsers even faster. In case of any problems please don't hesitate and email us or contact via Livechat/social networkings - we'll try to resolve the issues as quickly as possible. Thank you so much again! Ola Rybacka, Social Media Manager at TimeCamp

Nico
Benevolent Overlord in US
Computer Hardware, 2–10 Employees

Timing is everything.

Comments: I implemented TimeCamp to track time across my entire team, and was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the product, the price, and the support. Adding team members is a snap, and pricing is more than fair for the product. The integrations with Xero for our billing and Trello for our to-dos is invaluable, and the support team backed it up with brilliant assistance getting the desktop app to work on our Linux workstations. My only issue with the UI is that when you pause a time entry and then restart it later, it appears as two separate time entries rather than one project for the day. I can understand the motivation behind the layout however, and it's not something I'm in a hurry to fix. The mobile apps are awesome for our on-site work, because the employees can just install the app and hit Start, and an admin approves the time later. The apps are a bit buggy on Android, however, but they do the job they're coded to do. All in all, I expected a half-assed project by a few amateurs, but what I got was a polished product well worth the investment by a professional team that has your back.

Pros:

It's easy to use, has reports coming out of its ears, and is easily deployed across multiple workstations. It scales perfectly and the integrations are top-notch.

Cons:

The user interface could use a little work: I'd like separate time entries on the same project in one day grouped by project on the timesheet, so I see the total time spent on the project for the day first and then expand the project to see individual time entries for the day. Too many entries for the same project all in a list look cluttered after some time. I also found myself hunting for exactly the report I wanted, and coming across a few that I wasn't after before coming to the one I wanted. Perhaps better organization of all the reports would be nice.

8 years ago

Hello Nico, Thanks for the high rating and a long, comprehensive review! All your tips you've mentioned here are valuable - thanks to them we can focus on the mistakes and develop those features who are the most important for our users. Pleased to see that you're aware of how much time management should be important in our lives. For this reason it's great to know that you're tracking time with our tool! Thank you so much for letting us know about bugs in Android apps, we'll try to do our best to fix them. Wishing you lots of the profitable projects tracked with our tool, Ola Rybacka, Social Media Manager at TimeCamp

Joel
Joel
Consultant in US
Computer Software, Self Employed

Easy and Flexible to use.

Comments: Better tracking of my time.

Pros:

There are a lot of time tracking options out there but TimeCamp provides low friction ways to get the job done. It syncs with a bunch of other project platforms (I use Podio) which prevents the need for entering my projects in two systems. It allows tracking both in TimeCamp and also allows import of the data back to Podio which gives me limitless options for tallying by different project elements. As I am not great about entering time as I go I really appreciate the function to track what my computer was doing during a given period (what webpages or applications I was using) so I can update after the fact what time was spent on which project. There are a ton of features to support just about any need. Support has generally be great when called upon to resolve issues.

Cons:

As I have the system syncing in projects in Podio and exporting time records back to Podio I do see some delays. If you enter a new project in Podio you must force a sync and often reload the timecamp webpage to see the new project, however, as this is software and not magic this seems reasonable enough. Also, when entering several time events in a row I sometimes have to wait for the system to save which takes a moment or two since it must create a record in Podio at the same time. Neither of these issues would impact someone under more normal use.

7 years ago

Dear Joel, Thank you so much for the kind words and high rating! We appreciate every feedback, so that your opinions for what needs to be improved in TimeCamp are priceless. We'll try to make the Podio integration more user-friendly! Wishing you lots of profitable projects tracked with our app, Ola Rybacka, Social Media Manager at TimeCamp

Farah
Creative Director & Founder in Ireland
Design, 2–10 Employees

The basic integration works fine and i love the interface, but the integrations are inconsistent.

Comments: it helps me track my time and my team's. when the app integrations work properly, i'm able to generate reports and give my clients solid estimates based on solid data. but as we're switching to asana, timecamp really falls apart, so i'm really frustrated by the lack of support and communication from your team.

Pros:

i love the timesheet interface and easy on/off. the report feature is fantastic. i love being able to copy tasks and leave notes. i actually love this app, but the integrations are so messy and unstable, we might have to move to harvest something i don't want to do, but i think i won't have the choice.

Cons:

your customer service / troubleshooting is terrible. i've had problems with the podio integration, but it's nothing compared to mess with the asana integration, which basically doesn't work. no one on the timecamp side helps properly. tickets are opened and lost, and replying to responses is impossible. it's a bit of a disaster on the front. we're thinking of switching to asana and will probably leave timecamp for harvest, which is a pity because there are several features i love with timecamp, esp the timesheet UX and the reports.

7 years ago

Dear Farah, Thank you so much for the kind words and high rating! We appreciate every feedback. Your opinions for what needs to be improved in TimeCamp are priceless! We are constantly working on improving our software. Wishing you lots of profitable projects tracked with our app, Ola Rybacka, Social Media Manager at TimeCamp

Mitchell
Lead Developer/Owner in US
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Freelancer's best choice in tracking/monitoring their time

Comments: I've tried about a dozen different online and offline products for tracking/monitoring my time as a freelancer. Many of them have very good features, but I found that Timecamp had the best features that really matter for freelancers and other areas of use. One of the best things I like about Timecamp is the ability of the client widget to automatically switch between the clients that I work for, and accurately track how much time I spend on each of my clients' projects.

Pros:

Accurate and automatic time tracking. Automatic switching/tracking of clients and project. Many useful reports. Widget shows which client/product you are currently working on Easily switch between automatic and manual time tracking. Invoicing Setup and forget - after it's setup, there's very little you need to do.

Cons:

It would be nice to have a customer portal, where clients can log in and see invoices and time entries.

8 years ago

Hello Mitchell, Thank you so much for the review and high rate! It's so nice to see that TimeCamp works for you perfectly. Glad to see that you utilize the widget - it was designed to make switching between tasks without any effort. About the portal you've proposed - everything you need you can find in your account. Stay tuned - we're turning into something special. Wishing you lots of profitable projects tracked with TimeCamp! Ola Rybacka, Social Media Manager at TimeCamp

Geertje
Copywriting, emailmarketing, online marketing in Netherlands
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Great tool for freelancers to track the time for your projects/clients

Comments: I use this tool for quite some time now, the free version. I moved from Toggl to TimeCamp a few years ago.

Pros:

The main pro for me: besides starting tracking time in the moment/realtime, you can also track time backwards. The desktop tracker makes it easier to see what you were working on, on how much time you spent on it. Time you spent on websites, and even emails and time you spent on a Word/Page/Photoshop/etcetera document. TimeCamp automatically adds it to your schedule under 'unassigned computer activities'. You can check the description, select it, and add that time frame to a project.

Cons:

As far as I can see, you can't edit the date for an entry once you've entered it (I use the free version). The free version hasn't got the feature to download a PDF for your time tracks on a certain project (the paid version does).

8 years ago

Hello Geertje, Thank you so much fore the review! Happy to read that you've used TimeCamp for two years and decided to give us a try and moved from Toggl! We're still trying to make TimeCamp better and more intuitive as well as planning to make the free version more extended, so please, stay tuned! Ola Rybacka, Social Media Manager at TimeCamp

Robin
Robin
Structural Engineering in US
Civil Engineering, Self Employed

love it for my biz

Comments: Very good for me and very valuable to my increasing success in business.
I now have peace of mind in charging clients for my time.

Pros:

real time tracking, easy projects and tasks, takes no time or focus away from my work flow. I can instantly change tasks on the fly and modify entries later on that I forgot or was not on wifi, or whatever, super flexible. Tracking my time really increases productivity and focus and profits. The reports are pretty great now too. They give me very valuable data for increasing profitability, creating proposals and choosing which projects to avoid. Invoicing allows quick summation into bills.

Cons:

I'd like even more flexibility in reporting by adding a client field to search by client as well as by project and task.

6 years ago

Dear Robin, Thank you so much for kind words and high rating! We're really pleased to help you deal with your projects and productivity improvement! To solve the problem explained in "cons" section, please modify the structure of your tasks to using this scheme: clients - projects - tasks. Regards! Ola at TimeCamp

Aviation & Aerospace, 51–200 Employees

Easy and Awesome

Comments: I work on many different projects with different cost codes. This allows me to keep track with very little effort. At the end of the week, I run a report in TimeCamp and fill out my timesheet. I've recommended it to all of my co-workers.

Pros:

It stops tracking when you stop working. Automatically pauses the timer when you're away from your computer and asks you what you were doing when you come back. The menu in the top bar of my desktop makes it easy to see which task you're on and switch to another task quickly. I only ever go to the website to run reports for my timesheet.

Cons:

There have been a few times when it either didn't launch or quit silently and I didn't notice until I needed to switch tasks. Then I had to log in to the website and back-filled my time from memory. Doesn't happen often and I'm not sure what caused it.

6 years ago

Dear TimeCamp user, Thank you so much for reviewing our app and high rating! Happy to hear that you found TimeCamp useful for your projects and sorry for all the bugs. All the best, Ola at TimeCamp

Luka
AI Researcher in Slovenia
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

the best time/project tracking program I used so far - with a few UX glitches.

Comments: I haven't tried paid version - kind of expensive for eastern Europe. Really like the app, but I find it really confusing and hard to attach unknown activities to labeled tasks. Also I somehow don't know how the automatic task detection works, since I am afraid to try it. If it will be wrong, I don't have time to correct it's mistakes. Maybe you should add a parallel track, so users can compare to automatic detection versus their log (I also do mistakes in logging - forgot to switch tasks, etc).
Actually - the best feature would be that it reminds me that I forgot to switch the tasks when it finds discrepancy. You should give me credits for 2 really good ideas;)

Pros:

Omnipresence, works from all computers and does it's job well - how many hours I worked on what.

Cons:

- Coplicated to assign non-labeled chunks of time to specific tasks - I forget to switch tasks sometimes - cost of trying auto detection too high. If it does it wrong, I don't have time to fix it

8 years ago

Hello Luka, Thanks for your rate and review. Great that you've mentioned the features which are missing according to your needs. We'll think about them definitely, because hearing what our users expect from the tool is the first think that define the changes. Please stay tuned - we're now turning into something special! Ola Rybacka, Social Media Manager at TimeCamp

Ovidiu
Administrative Assistant in Netherlands

TimeCamp is a good timekeeping tool. We have used it for 1 year and we loved it.

Comments: We used it for our small organisation to keep track of hours worked by consultants and some employees. It helped us a lot with our payrolls.

Pros:

Timecamp is simple, has a user friendly interface and will be an easy thing to implement for your staff or consultants. Reports can be drawn out of the timesheets they complete and they are clear an concise.

Cons:

Like with most online tools nowadays - customer support is a mysterious and evasive creature. Looking through their website for support is a real ordeal and it is clear they want to people to search for someone to speak to for so long that they just give up. Their instant messaging support is as mediocre as any out there, with little to no actions being taken by the customer support person, and with replies waiting times of up to 10 minutes. Managing different payrolls can be difficult and requires extra admin work from your side.

6 years ago

Dear Ovidiu, Thank you so much for reviewing TimeCamp and happy you found our tool useful! Unfortunately, our support team is so busy answering every ticket, but sorry you had to wait so long for the reply. Warmest regards, Ola at TimeCamp

Criselis
Art Director in US
Design, Self Employed

Amazing tool to keep track of your hours!

Comments: My experience with TimeCamp has been the best since I start using the software I keep easy track of all my work hours with different projects and clients. This has had a positive impact on the way I quote projects now on and budgets for all upcoming projects. I always go back to past projects to create better estimates.

Pros:

I love the easy and intuitive of the UI of TimeCamp, this is helpful at the moment of multitask between projects and keep the hours logged. Also, the mobile app is great to keep track of hours on the go.

Cons:

I feel that it is room for improvement with the timer starter on the desktop version. When you click "Start timer" it doesn't automatically start just until you click for the second time on the green button "start timer". When I'm working between a few projects at the same time sometimes I miss the second click and my time doesn't run until I find out. I will also add a color picker on the project's "colors" to give more freedom of color tagging. I like to add colors to my project depending on the brand color palette.

Perry
Systems Developer in US
Computer Software, 10,000+ Employees

Best Time Management Software, Period!

Comments: I have use several time management tools, and one thing most of them had in common was the amount of time it took to submit times. This wastes time and money. TimeCamp allows you to enter time on the fly. It's very easy to use and the reporting capability is easy and intuitive. I highly recommend using this software for both small and large teams, projects, and companies. Your employees will thank you and you will be glad you switched!

Pros:

The easy of use and the tiny amount of time it takes to make entries.

Cons:

Only complaint I have is that occasionally the time will shift incorrectly when making an edit while the timer is active.

7 years ago

Hi, Perry! Thank you so much for reviewing TimeCamp! Happy to see that you've found our tool easy to use and intuitive. We're grateful for your suggestions as well - we'll consider adding these features to the new TimeCamp version. Wishing you lots of wonderful projects tracked with the software! Ola Rybacka, Social Media Manager at TimeCamp

Jack
Founder in US
Professional Training & Coaching, Self Employed

A simple-to-use yet powerful time tracking solution

Comments: It's a great product that has a straightforward but robust interface. TimeCamp delivers on what it says it's going to do.

Pros:

I love that you can create parent tasks and child tasks so that your client knows exactly what portion of the project you were working on and for how long. The summary and detailed reports are easy to read and give you a great overview of where you're spending your hours. The "Start Timer" feature is great for punching a virtual time clock, and the fact that the time runs in your browser time is a great visual reminder that you're on the clock for a specific task. You can also identify billable vs. non-billable tasks, which is helpful for tracking overall hours vs. those you can bill the client for.

Cons:

Starting the browser timer requires two clicks, and sometimes I think I've started a timer when in reality I haven't.

Chase
US
Management Consulting, 2–10 Employees

TimeCamp Is Invaluable To My Time Management

Comments: I have been using TimeCamp for more than a year now. I work on many projects concurrently as well as provide strategic advisory and business consultancy services. So, time is my most valuable resource. Knowing exactly where my time is spent, how much time is being utilized and how frequent the utilization is on various clients and projects becomes invaluable to me. It is easy to learn and even easier to use. It is integral with my daily processes.

Pros:

Flexible. Ease of Use. Reliable.

Cons:

I do not really have any Cons. It works as advertised and their service is great.

8 years ago

Hello Chase! Thank you so much for the review and feedback! We're delighted seeing that you would recommend our software to the other users. Our company do its best to help you keep the time under control more accurately - that's why we're still improving our software. Easiness and intuitiveness are the key to success, so we're even more happy when reading that the tool is easy to use for you! Wishing you lots of great projects tracked with our software, Ola Rybacka, Social Media Manager at TimeCamp

Ludo
Mr in Slovakia
Hospitality, 2–10 Employees

Satisfied, I can recommend

Comments: Our company have been using TimeCamp since very begining of its commercial operation and I am really impressed with the new funkcionalities and rapid development of this SAS time tracking sw.
The ability of automatic time assigment by keywords helped us a lot in assigning working time to costs centers. As majority of our customer center employees work from home, efficient controll of their working time which TimeCamp provides help our managers to keep an eye on productivity too.
Ludo Jambrich, CEO of Relaxos.com

8 years ago

Dear Ludo, Thank you so much for being with us for a long time! Appreciate that you're still satisfied with our tool and it works for you perfectly, so your employees are still in touch with the company and connected with others. Wishing you lots of another profitable projects tracked with TimeCamp! Ola Rybacka, Social Media Manager at TimeCamp