15 years helping Irish businesses

ProProfs Quiz Maker Reviews

About ProProfs Quiz Maker

ProProfs Quiz Maker is a web-based, comprehensive quiz authoring tool that will let you create, share & grade online assessments.

Learn more about ProProfs Quiz Maker

Pros:

The quiz aspect gives competition between takers. The continuous improvements and ease of use of the program.

Cons:

It needs access to the Internet so the tool becomes useless in areas where permanent access to internet is not possible.

ProProfs Quiz Maker ratings

4.5
4.4
4.3
4.3

8.3/10

ProProfs Quiz Maker has an overall rating of 4.5 out 5 stars based on 126 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used ProProfs Quiz Maker before?

Edutainment Coach in Ukraine
Education Management, 2–10 Employees

Smart Learning, Smart Studying, Smart Educating

Comments: I am really satisfied. Impressive. Time-Saving. Useful.
Easy-to-use, easy-to-apply. Makes your learning, studying, training or educational process enjoyable.

Pros:

A good tool to learn, study, train or teach. Create various types of quizzes, knowledge bases, surveys, live chats, projects, flashcards, help desks. The user-friendly interface, responsive and adaptive website, effortless and time-saving work with education tools. Create any quiz you like: true or false, multiple choice, matching, personality quiz, polls, fill in the blanks, checkboxes, and many more! The pleasant opportunity to insert tests or surveys into your web pages. This tool can turn any messy and scattered learning plan into something meaningful and useful. It can help you make your studies make sense. Learning style matters. Any learner's, student's, coach's, trainer's or teacher's precious ideas must have enough space, time and be adequately implemented. This powerful tool makes the learning process pleasant and productive, helps your memory work like a charm. Make your memory go like clockwork, turn your learning routines into useful habits, embrace yourself! It is really impressive. ProProfs is magnificent.

Cons:

There was some kind of free option for inserting tests into web pages which provided users with the codes/scripts. These codes/scripts were not good enough because they could not be adapted to every single type of a web page which caused some trouble with implementation.

Jodi
instructor in US
Insurance, 10,000+ Employees

Instructor user

Comments: My overall experience has been positive in my line of work and I continue to enjoy using ProProfs.

Pros:

Having results and stats at a click is easy and effective to analyze development of my students.

Cons:

Sometimes the quizzes freeze. I typically wait a minute and then it unfreezes

Ashley
Trainer in US
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 201–500 Employees

Switched Plan Without Informing Me

Comments: I started using ProProfs when they were fairly new, before they had all of the options they do now like classroom learning. I am FURIOUS at the fact that when they decided to implement amounts of learners one can have, THEY DID NOT INFORM ME. This was not what I signed up to purchase and would not have renewed my subscription had I known I had a max. I got this service for the quiz maker and at that time and unlimited "learners". I pay for this service with a grant and they do not refund if you've paid for a year.
Their customer service is very poor. I have had to contact them numerous times in the past for problems on their end.
If you are a non-profit there is a better program you can use at a MUCH cheaper rate just look it up.

Pros:

Let me design custom quizzes and provide certificates.

Cons:

WITHOUT TELLING ME, gave me a max number of "learners". Customer service is not great. When pulling reports, it gives you options but doesn't work. Many technical issues on their end.

ProProfs Response

5 years ago

Hi Ashley, Thank you for the valuable feedback. This would go a long way in improving our services which our customers demand. Post your feedback, we were able to address the training needs of our teams and fix the process to ensure to notify our customers of any changes. We strive to provide a delight customer expeirence in all aspects. Please be assured this is not our typical level of service. ProProfs does offer special rates for NonProfits and education domain. Regarding your subscription and the fees charged Customer Success head would be reaching out to you to discuss the best plan for you. Regards, Kevin

Sandra
Educator in US
Education Management, 11–50 Employees

Teacher's Qualified Opinion

Pros:

What I liked the most was the grading ease the software generated. Educators, like myself thank you for this.

Cons:

The feature that could be improved is the test accessibility via Mac devices. As it is, my students have complained that whenever they take an exam via their Mac devices, the Pro Profs test freezes and marks responses they did not select. For every class, I had a few complaints by Mac users.

Gregory
Teacher / Administrator in US
Education Management, 51–200 Employees

Student assessment

Comments: We have been using it for years and it has consistently worked well for us.

Pros:

It is easy to use to administer to students by providing a link. I like that is stores assessment data when we need to look up scores.

Cons:

I wish it would link to a learning management system like google classroom, power school, or Aspen so grades would automatically post.

Education Management, 51–200 Employees

Great Tool for Student Self-Assessment

Pros:

I like the fact that I can create a test bank then have PPQM randomly select a number of questions for each student. The questions and answers are also randomized, making most forms of cheating a non-issue.

Cons:

I cannot control time of access (I don't think) - i.e., students should only be able to take the tests during specific hours or on specific days.

Debra
Educator in US
Higher Education, 201–500 Employees

Adult Learners can have Fun

Comments: From the onset of trial to being a subscribed user, I am delighted with the ease of program creativity as well as the excitement of presenting these learning tools to adult learners.

Pros:

The variety of learning styles offered by ProProf allows the educator opportunities to make subject matter challenging and fun at the same time creating a positive experience for everyone.

Cons:

While other software companies offer a few more options to the learning platform such as match linking features, the expense and commitment overrides the benefits. As ProProfs continues to receive suggestions for expanding their offerings of quizzes, I am hopeful their ingenuity will prevail in meeting customer needs.

Venkata
director in India
E-Learning, 2–10 Employees

feature rich, easy to use

Comments: Good, but not appropriate when you want to give to more people.

Pros:

Diverse questions are possible, easy to frame, easy to administer, easy to assess and communicate to the user.

Cons:

This goes by user count, but a user may take only 1 or 2 quizzes. This is not based on usage. This is the most significant limitation because of which I am exploring other programs, but retaining this.

Dale
Teacher/Dept Chair in US
E-Learning, 501–1,000 Employees

Review from a High School Teacher

Comments: Overall am very happy with the product and the price. I would be willing to pay three times the Educator Subscription price if it allowed sharing of created question banks between other teachers with Educator Subscriptions.

Pros:

The variety of question formats. The ability to score and give feedback by question tag (type).

Cons:

As I said earlier, I think the educator subscription should come with the feature of being able to share created question banks with other teachers who have purchased an educator subscription. This was the deciding factor in my fellow teachers NOT purchasing a ProProfs subscription, and going with Google Classroom Practice Sets to create quizzes for their students (which DOES allow sharing between teachers).

Language School Manager in Ukraine
Information Technology & Services, 201–500 Employees

ProProfs Quiz Maker

Comments: I've been using ProfPros since 2018

Pros:

I really enjoyed how easy it was to create and customize quizzes with ProProfs Quiz Maker. The interface made it simple to add questions and answers, as well as incorporate images and videos. Plus, the ability to track results and analyze data in real time was incredibly helpful for evaluating the effectiveness of my quizzes.

Cons:

I found the interface of ProProfs Quiz Maker to be a bit confusing and overwhelming. It took me some time to figure out how to navigate through the different features and create a quiz that met my requirements. Additionally, there were some limitations in terms of customization options that I would have liked to see improved. Overall, while I appreciate the functionality of the platform, I think there is room for improvement in terms of user experience.

Helga
Veterinarian in US
Medical Practice, 51–200 Employees

Prop Prof Quiz maker review

Comments: I have been using Prop Profs for years. I love the easy user interface. All the features for the price point is very good. Often some minor programming glitches but easy to work around and tech support always helpful in working them out.

Pros:

Super user friendly unlike some other programs. Easy to get up and running without much training.

Cons:

Already put in request for more organization of quizzes. "Quiz" page shows ALL quizzes every made and no real archiving ability. Need to open to a folders page so you can quickly get to the the most important quizzes you need to work with instead of looking through a list of hundreds. Quiz maker and Survey maker have some glitchiness with formatting. Took some time on survey maker to resolve some of the issues but Tech support was able to .

Ezequiel
Associate Professor in Spain
Higher Education, 201–500 Employees

Flexible and effective tool, although a bit pricey

Pros:

I like ProProfs because it is flexible and effective. It allows me to program quizzes at the start of the course at leave everything programmed. It also gives you the possibility to randomize the order of questions and answers, as well as to select questions randomly from a pool. With the level of cheating that you see nowadays, that is a must.

Cons:

Time on time I encounter glitches in the software, although that does not happy often. The price is another downside to me.

Val
Psychologist in US
Alternative Dispute Resolution, 2–10 Employees

Great e-learning software!

Comments: ProProfs software is very user friendly and affordable for small business owners and the support service is excellent!

Pros:

I love that there is a support team ready to help answer questions and assist in the learning curve.

Cons:

I wish the software had the ability to send links and certificates directly and instantly to a cell phone

Christina
E-Learning, 51–200 Employees

Great features for an affordable price

Comments: I love this website and will continue to use it while I am an online teacher.

Pros:

I like that you can disable tab switching and copying the text of the quiz. It helps to cut down on cheating.

Cons:

I did not like that I didn't get an alert when I was near/at my max users, but they just fixed that! So I have no complaints.

Joanne
website owner, writer, lecturer in UK
E-Learning, Self Employed

Still great, still going strong

Comments: I've been using ProProfs for at least ten years and it gets better every year. As long as their software engineers keep things simple to use then I'll keep using ProProfs.

Pros:

I like the quizzes - multiple choice and writing in options. I like the word searches and crosswords. Can embed on website. The quizzes look great on my website - adds a professional twist.

Cons:

I've found embedding problems with quizzes and word searches. Not responsive. I have tweaked between using % and width/length. The % doesn't seem to be responsive. When I do word searches and crosswords (Online Brain Games), they're not on My Quizzes and really hard to find them again. I had to click on Online Brain Games and log in again and finally found them in My Account. It's been frustrating over the years!

Brenda
Office Manager in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

We are very pleased with our experience with ProProfs. It is user friendly and very few problems.

Comments: Our exams are user friendly for everyone, the exam taker and the administrator of the exam. Able to go back and review each exam as needed to assist the exam taker in understanding a concelpt.

Pros:

Love the reports from each exam, and the overall statistics are great for analyzing where changes need to be made. Appreciate the complete control over the exams. Inputing and changing questions are done quickly and with ease. Also the support staff is always good to help me solve a problem or concern.

Marty
Director in US
Higher Education, 2–10 Employees

ProProfs for Dental Assisting Institute

Pros:

We are now able to have out students take online tests and easily score them.

Cons:

Setup was cumbersome in the beginning but once we had the tests input, the rest is smooth sailing.

Amy
Vice President, Education in US
Education Management, 11–50 Employees

Excellent quiz software

Pros:

Very easy to create attractive quizzes! Easy to check them and make sure all looks good.

Cons:

Would like the ProProfs logo removed without an upcharge

Jerald
Health and safety director. in US
Construction, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Health and safety training

Comments: I love it

Pros:

This is easy to use and easy for my members to use.

Cons:

I haven’t found any yet. It has been a easy forMeTo use and for my members to use. So no complaints so far.

Lee
Owner in US
Biotechnology, Self Employed

Educate or Tolerate

Comments: User-friendly, economic, and a great fit for my education and training objectives.

Pros:

ProProProfs offers higher quality and user-friendly approach for companies to provide employee or individual a learning path to reach their career objectives without the complicated, cluttered and expensive learning management systems.

Cons:

I personally have not experienced any cons that has interfered with my initiatives.

Samuel
Mechanic in Mexico
Airlines/Aviation, 10,000+ Employees

Skip the formatting and let ProProfs Make it!

Comments: My overall experience with ProProfs Quiz Maker has been worth every penny. It has been easy to use, and simple for complex test creations.

Pros:

This product skips over the poorly designed self made format, and provides easy to use templates that look professional.

Cons:

At times the word entry style can mark an answer wrong, but this is easily fixed.

Matthew
E-Learning, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Angry fellow

Comments: Disappointed.

Cons:

Why is it so difficult to integrate custom made rubrics? Why is the software consistently knocking out students and losing their essay work?

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51–200 Employees

Most feature rich exam platform I have ever come across

Pros:

It ticks all the boxes and I am extremely satisfied with the decision of moving to Proprofs thanks to the support team as they played a key role to retain the customers

Cons:

Seamless ness and UX modernization can be suggested

Director of Research in US
Hospital & Health Care, 51–200 Employees

Just what we need for quizzes

Comments: we use this to test new employees and make sure they understand key concepts of our onboarding training. It works well for that purpose. I like the auto emails that you can send with results.

Pros:

This is an easy to use platform for making quizzes. It has a decent amount of functionality. You can create many different types of quiz questions and can auto send results of the quizzes.

Cons:

i just wish had a little bit more customization in terms of the look of the quizzes. Other than that, i am very happy.

Simar
Simar
Track Manager in India
Civil Engineering, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Best Quiz Tool

Comments: Overall, I had the most wonderful experience with ProProfs Quiz Maker as it enabled me to create quizzes in the shortest span of time using the templates. I could also reward my quiz-takers with a customized completion certificate.

Pros:

Quiz Templates Question Library Completion Certificates White-Labeling Customizable Lead Forms Security Configurations

Cons:

All the features in this software are quite unique in their own way so there’s nothing that can be disliked about this software.